The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Shadow Knight Chronicles

Chapter Four

What the hell? They know each other? Then thought as he watched Jesse walk up to Shawn. Then something that completely freaked Ethan out happened. Shawn fell to one knee and grasped Jesse’s hand, placing a light kiss on the back of it. “It’s good to see you again, Mistress.” He said with a sound of awe.

Yeah, I think this is an off the chart weird day. Ethan thought as he watched the two of them

“Get up Shawn, before the neighbors see you. Act normal, I am no longer part of the Zone.” She said with a sad smile.

I am gonna ring some answers out of that girl when I get a hold of her. Ethan thought.

<’I’ll explain when we’re alone or when your foster-father wants to do it’> Ethan jumped at the voice in his head.

<’I know you will’> He sent back. For some reason he new instinctively how to do that. And the message he sent had a little edge to it.

Jesse sent him a look that told him to be patient and to his chagrin, he felt guilty for being impatient. “Whatever,” He started speaking out loud. “Can we all go inside now? I want some damn answers.

Shawn gave the boy a stern look for cursing, but Ethan didn’t care, because he was more than a little pissed at him. He’d been hiding things from him. Ethan marched straight into the house without looking back to see if they were coming. He noticed that his hearing was bit more sensitive and their footsteps were easy to pick up on. He could zero in on they’re exact location.

He walked right into the living room and stared right at Shawn and Jesse after he got settled into a recliner. He figured he would less likely blow up if he were sitting down. “Well? Where are the answers?” He asked in an almost bark. He saw Jesse flinch and winced inwardly. He really wasn’t mad at her.

Shawn looked at him with his deep blue eyes. “Before I give you the answers, I want to give you something that you’re father gave to me. It was something he owned and wanted to pass down to you.”

I couldn’t have heard that right. Ethan thought. Shawn knew my father? What kind of sick twisted joke is this.

Shawn walked to the hallway closest and went to the back of it. He kneeled down and pulled up a corner of the rug and there was a small black button there. When he pushed the button, the back of the closest slid to one side, revealing a plethora or daggers and knives. But the centerpiece was that of a Katana.

The swords handle looked to be in sturdy black leather that had been polished almost religiously. The sheath was cased in dark black leather that was well cared for. But it was the head of the dragon that was on the sword that held Ethan’s interest the most. It was so well detailed that he knew that it had to have taken hours to make. This head was right on the butt of the sword. He had thought that Jesse’s was nice, but this one was much, much better.

Shawn also walked out with a book in his hands. It was a fairly good-sized book that looked to have over 300 pages in it just by looking at it and guessing. It was also leather bound and black, with a symbol of two swords crossed with a ring of fire around them. “What is all of this about, Dad?”

Shawn let out a sigh of relief. If he was calling him Dad and not Shawn, he knew that he wasn’t as mad as he thought at first. “Ethan . . . I want you to listen very carefully. Can you do that for me? Not interrupt until I am done?”

Ethan noticed Jesse take a crouch beside where he was sitting. She wanted to listen too. “I promise. Just tell me what the hell is going on.” Ethan asked in almost a desperate voice. The changes in his body and mind and now this, well, it was beginning to wear on him.

Shawn walked over to Ethan and handed him the book and the Katana, then headed back to the middle of the floor, and stood as if he were a bard about to tell a story. In a way that was exactly the case. Only it would be a very short story, because he wanted Ethan to learn most of it on his own.

“First of all, I’d like to tell you what I am. I am known as a Watcher. I watch over new Shadow Knights until they can look after themselves. I just lucked out when I found you, in more than one way.”

“So you guys adopted me out of duty?” Ethan asked, hurt in his eyes.

Shawn walked over and knelt beside him. “I’ll be truthful with you, Ethan. At first, yes, we adopted you out of duty. But after only a few months I started to love you like my own son,” He stood up again, looking at Ethan. “When you reach the point of being able to read minds you will know that this is true.” He added in a matter of fact tone. He watched Ethan give him an incredulous look at the last sentence.

“Now for the story of your real father. The one that started The Shadow Knights, and the one that wrote that book you have in your hand. His name was Dakrin. As far as anybody knows, he is the first Shadow Knight in existence. Some also say that he was the wisest.”

“In that book you hold, there will be rules to follow and a philosophy to consider. Because, like it or not son, you are a Shadow Knight, and soon will be a Master with the right training, and you will be a leader.” Shawn stated as he sat back down on the couch. “That is all I have to say about your father, if you want to know more, you had best read that book in your hand.”

Maybe it was the fates. Maybe it was in his DNA. Maybe he was just losing his damn mind, but he believed everything that came out of Shawn’s mouth. “Are you a Shadow Knight?” He asked.

“No, I’m merely a Watcher, that makes sure you survive to maturity. I do have a small amount of telepathic abilities. They are no where near that of a Shadow Knight though.”

“What is a Shadow Knight capable of?” He asked, curiosity marring his teenaged face.

“Many things,” She murmured. Jesse’s eyes were closed, and she was scanning the house while the guys talked. What she found surprised her. There was a Latent listening in.

Jesse cleared her throat as if to say something and Shawn bowed his head to her superiority. “Shawn, with your permission, I would like to take Lord Carver to a training cabin in Michigan. There I could teach and show him what he needs to know. And I believe that you know my brother Shain. After I can not teach him anymore I’ll take him to Shain’s Shadow Zone Complex.”

“I received an interesting command while I was gone on business, my lady. One that said the main Shadow Zone in New Mexico is hunting you. Are you sure you should be the one that should start his training? If they find out who he is . . . They know the prophecy.” Shawn replied to her in a soft voice.

Lord Carver??? What the hell? Prophecy? I need a hell of a lot more questions answered. That’s for damn sure. He thought. But he also decided to go with the flow. For some reason—a reason he completely didn’t understand—he trusted Jesse implicitly. “How long will the training at the cabin take?” He asked in a neutral voice.

Thank God. He’s taking this better than I would. Jesse thought. “About a month, give or take. But if I know my brother, he’ll want to train you for a few months, depending on how quickly you learn. There’s one more thing, Shawn.” She said with a sad tint to her voice.

Shawn gave her a look that said she had his undivided attention.

“I think it would be best if I take the girl, Tosh, with us. She’s a Latent,” She then turned to Ethan to explain. “A latent is someone that has the possibility of becoming a Shadow Knight. But it’s usually upon first death.”

“First Death?!” Ethan exclaimed.

“Relax. I’ll explain it later, my Lord.” Jesse’s replied in a soothing voice.

Boy, ‘O, Boy. If I have to ring her scrawny neck I’ll get me some answers. Ethan thought more than once. Not that he’d actually try to hurt the pretty Shadow Knight. Then a second thought came to him. The book in his hands held all the answers he needed, or so it sounded when they were talking about it. So a guy named Dakrin was my farther. He thought.

Shawn frowned as if already knowing that fact. “I will allow my daughter to go, but training two people at once can be hard on a person. Shouldn’t you consider some help, my Lady?”

Jesse’s pretty face went into that of a frown. “Can I use your phone?”

“Of course, my Lady.” Shawn replied as he watched Jesse go to the phone.

“Dad,” Ethan started out. “Why do you call her ‘my lady’ and why the hell does she call me Lord Carver?” He asked curiously.

“It’s nothing but protocol and etiquette in the Shadow Zone, my son.”

“Then why don’t you call me my Lord?” He replied cheekily.

“Don’t get a big head, Ethan.” Shawn replied with a chuckle.

“Now for the hard part, how do we get Tosh to believe us, and leave her friends here?” He wasn’t talking about Heather. Ethan was talking on a more permanent basis.

“I won’t use mind control on her.” Ethan stated with ironclad conviction. “And I won’t let you do it either.” He stated this to Jesse, while she dialed a number on the phone

“There won’t be any need for that. I thought there was something going on, and now I know why,” Came Tosh’s voice from midway up the stairs. “This is way fuckin’ deep.” She said with a very serious face.

“So what’s the answer, half-pint, you going or not?” Ethan asked. His voice was light, but his insides felt like they were in knots, and the knots were growing tighter for every second she didn’t answer. He really didn’t want to leave her behind.

“Where you go I go.” That was her answer, a sweet smile adoring her face, as she wiped her bangs out of her eyes.

“Then it’s settled, my Lord. When would you like to leave?” Jesse asked with a cock of her head. She was already coming up with training exercises for her Lord to go through.

“First things first: Quit calling me Lord. Please, I’m asking this as a favor, I don’t like it coming from you. If it was from someone I didn’t know . . . Who knows?” Then he looked at Shawn. “When does Mom get home?”

“She’ll be here in the morning.” Shawn replied. “Are you going to stick around to say good bye?” He asked. There was definite sadness in the man’s eyes.

“Yeah, I owe her that.” And so much more. He thought.

* * *

{Three Hours Later}

Ethan sat on Tosh’s bed and thanked whatever god was up there that Heather had gone home when Shawn arrived. He really didn’t want to have to explain this thing to her, and he wasn’t really sure she should know.

Smiling, Ethan looked over Tosh’s room. The girl never was one for neatness. The room had all the ‘modern’ conveniences, though. For instance, a 19″ color screen TV and a top of the line computer. The computer had all the necessities and gadgets. Such as, Digital Cameras, a Scanner and a web video cam etc.

He looked over at Tosh who was sitting at her computer desk. “I can’t believe we’re leaving this place tomorrow.” She said with a sad sigh. Then her eyes grew a little hard. “And I can’t believe you kept this from me! I thought we agreed never to keep anything from one another, no matter what. Why would you do that?” She exclaimed, jumping to her feet.

Ethan just closed her eyes while because he knew that she was justified to yell him. After she finished, he patted a spot on the bed. That was his signal that he was ready to talk. Tosh did as he told her to, but grumbled on the way over. Ethan thought that it was kind of cute. But he wouldn’t dare share that information with her in the mood that she was in.

“Look. You know I love ya, right? The reason I kept it a secret for so long was because I didn’t understand it at first,” And I still don’t. His thoughts added.

“I guess I can sorta understand that. And I want you to know something,” She started,” She reached out and pulled him gently to her lips. It was a sweet and gentle kiss. “That’s didn’t bother you, did it?”

“Not at all, half-pint. Not at all.”

That was the point where there was a gentle knocking on Tosh’s door. “Yeah,” She called out. The tone of her voice said that she didn’t like being interrupted during that moment.

“May I talk to for a minute, my—Ethan.” She just caught herself just in time from calling him exactly what he asked her not to do.

“Yeah, sure.” He replied, getting up off the bed. Then he turned to Tosh. “We’ll finish this conversation later.” A crooked smile was on his face. It’s just as well we didn’t do anything . . . With Shawn being in the house and all.

He noticed the narrow eyed look that Tosh gave Jesse, but ignore it. It was one the lesser problems on his mind. He was going to get his answers. He stayed quite this long because he didn’t want to be rude. But he thought that it was time to get his answers, and now.

Walking out in the hall, he looked at Jesse. “Dad set you up in the guest room?”

“Yeah, Shawn’s a good guy.” She replied with a slight smile. As if she had a fond memory of his stepfather in the back of her mind.

“Good, we’ll go to your room to talk. It’s time I got some answers.” He stated in a no nonsense voice.

* * *

When they were in the guest room, Ethan shut the door behind him and sat right down on the mattress. He noticed that his body was more sensitive to the smallest things. He didn’t know what to think about it at the moment. He had one question he wanted to ask first. And he wanted to look her in the eyes when he asked it.

Since the lights were turned off, Ethan took off his shades and laid them on his desk. “Take off your shades.” He requested of her. She did as he bid and laid her mirror plated shades on the nightstand.

“Why are you running?” He asked in a completely neutral tone.

“Ah, I knew that question she was coming,” She replied with a smile. A smile that even a blind man could see was fake; was full of pain. “To answer that question, I’ll have to tell you about the way the Zone in New Mexico is run. Its changed a lot since your father was in charge.”

“I’ll tell you the short version, and you can read the rest in Dakrin’s Chronicles,” She started as she stood up. “You know for a fact that you can control peoples’ mind with thought alone. But you do not know the full extent of your capabilities.”

Ethan just sat quietly and listened. “The Knights in New Mexico . . . Well, there is only one way to describe it. They’re power hungry. They have already mentally enslaved an entire town of about 2, 000 people.

Ethan grew pale at the thought of someone doing that to an entire town.

Jesse noticed this and was more than a little pleased. “They’re tracking me because I broke Shadow Code Number One.”

“And what is that?” Ethan asked, shifting in his seat a little.

“I killed one of my own. A Shadow Knight by the name of Jimmy Tomas.” She said in a matter of fact tone.

Ethan didn’t look disgusted at her at all. And there was a reason for this. Because in the back of his mind, he knew that she had a good reason for doing this. But he asked the question anyway, because he knew that it was expected of him. “Why?” He asked, their supernatural eyes locking for a moment.

“I’ll show you.” She stated simply, closing her eyes.

The first image he saw was that of a boy carrying a plate of food to a man that was dressed a lot like what Jesse was, even the sword. The boy tripped and spilled the food on the man, and with nothing more than a glance, the boy fell to the ground dead. The Knight was the second to hit the floor. And that was Jesse’s doing.

“How do you kill a person by just looking at them?” His face was a little pale at the vivid images he saw. It was almost as if he was there, there to see the blood squirt from the boys nose before he hit the ground and went into convulsions.

“One word: and you will need to learn it by heart. Kinetics. There is energy all around us Ethan,” As if demonstrating she turned in a complete circle, then looked him back in the eyes. “That’s what sets us apart from the Normals. We can bend some of the rules of energy to our will. Some say that Dakrin was able to break it. But I think that’s just a legend.” She finished, sitting down on the bed.

“By Kinetics, you mean telekinesis. That’s how you killed that guy?”

Jesse nodded an affirmative.

“How do you do it?” He then asked. Ethan was avoiding the question that he was dreading. What happened to his father.

“You just focus you’re mind and use it as an extension. But I warn you. It’s like a muscle. You have to keep using it to make it stronger.” Then she got a twinkle in her eyes and suddenly the chair that Ethan was sitting in lifted about for feet off the ground.

“Hey!” He barked out.

“Sorry, couldn’t resist.” She told him with a look of mischief. “The one thing about telekinesis, though, you can’t use it on yourself; meaning you can’t make yourself float. Got it?”

Ethan just nodded. After Ethan was sat back down on the ground and the fun and antics were over, he got a serious look on his face. “The changes to my body, what do they mean?”

If the truth were told, that was the last question she wanted to hear. She knew how many times the boy before her had prayed for death and it would never come. And now . . . She decided to be blunt. “You’re immortal. The only thing that can kill you is a bullet to the head, decapitation, or being ran through the heart with a sword. Other than that, Ethan, you will never grow old.” She added the last in a soft and sad tone.

Ethan sat there for almost two minutes thinking about how he should feel. And after that he figured out that he didn’t know and decided to push it to the back of his mind. “Ok, now I know the second biggest question.”

“What was the first?”

“What happened to my father, Dakrin?” His eyes were filled with curiosity.

Jesse decided to be blunt again. “Most of the Knights grew tired of his rules. Like the rule where there where only two Followers allowed to each Knight. They basically ganged upon him and slaughter him.”

“Followers? You mean slaves?”

“No, slaves do not exactly like where their at. Where as, if a Knight is good with his or her mental abilities, he or she can make a follower the happiest person in the world.” She stated with a frown.

“That little boy that the Knight killed . . . He was your follower, wasn’t he?” He asked as he got out of his chair to move to where she was sitting on the bed.

A few tears rolled down her face. “Yeah,” Her voice was hoarse. Ethan did nothing but rock her backward and forward and gave soothing words. It a few minutes, but the beautiful Shadow Knight finally got her composure back.

“We had better get some rest, my brother wants us to come straight to the compound.” She stated in a firm voice, She didn’t trust herself this close to Ethan. She could feel the wetness between her legs.

Ethan smelt it. He gave her smirk. Whatever you say, Jess. Whatever you say.”