The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: Return

AN: This story is intended to be enjoyed as a fantasy by persons over the age of 18—similar actions if undertaken in real life would be deeply unethical and probably illegal. © MoldedMind, 2021.

* * *

It was late, and it was dark. The door was open, and Bella was there.

The sight of her was the first thing to bring clarity to Kaylie’s mind. She’d heard the distant knocking against her door, and had stumbled from her bed still bleary-eyed, not entirely sure if she was awake or still in a dream. But as soon as she saw Bella, it made her alert. As soon as she saw Bella, she knew this was not a dream. She didn’t dream about Bella anymore.

“You found me,” was the only thing Kaylie could think of to say. She wasn’t upset about this— more impressed. She and Bella had been entangled some time ago. If she were to count it properly now, it had to be at least a few years in the past by now; though it was long enough ago that she never thought about it anymore.

Since then, she’d moved cities several times, and changed her contact information alongside those moves each time. Whatever info Bella had had on her from the time they’d known each other was long since out of date, and after moving so many times, Kaylie had lost all ties to most of her former social groups— especially the ones that she’d shared with Bella at the time they’d known each other.

So the fact that, in spite of all this, Bella had managed to somehow locate her was impressive; and the fact that she had even wanted to made Kaylie feel a little proud of herself.

“It wasn’t easy to do,” Bella said, by way of reply. “Maybe the effort I’ve put into the task has at least earned me an invite into your place?”

“Right, sorry,” Kaylie said. “Come in,” she added, stepping back from the threshold to lean against her own open door.

“Thank you,” Bella acknowledged, as she crossed through the opening Kaylie had left when she stepped back. Once across, she paused and looked at Kaylie meaningfully.

“You don’t know the way around my house,” Kaylie said, in realization. “Right. You can follow me, then.”

The best place to go was the den, Kaylie figured, so she made a clear course for there, with Bella walking just behind her.

It was a weird feeling to be sharing a space with Bella again— to have her in her own house, so close by. Bella had long since become a faded memory; it was disconcerting to find her made of vibrant color, alive in the present.

When Kaylie had led them to her projected destination, she invited Bella to take a seat in one of her two armchairs. Bella did this, and then Kaylie took the other.

Alertness had come, but she was still probably more tired than she realized. That had to be why she was so slow on the uptake.

Of course… there was a possible explanation beside this one. Back in the day, when Kaylie and Bella had played all their mind games together, Kaylie had had a mental trigger. The trigger had made it so that the longer she was around Bella, the more dopey and confused she became… if that was still kicking around in her subconscious somewhere… or if it had somehow been resurrected by Bella’s reappearance…

It was a slightly uncomfortable thought— though also, if Kaylie was being honest, a fun one. She’d put that part of her life long behind her— she didn’t let anyone into her head anymore. But it was fun to remember what it had been like. Fun to imagine that maybe, somehow, there was an old trigger in her that was still working. Or that had magically reactivated itself for no reason.

But whether it was caused by lack of sleep, or Bella’s implantation years before, the effect was the same. Kaylie felt more alert than when she’d first woken up, but still tired enough that she was slow to catch on.

“So why go to all the trouble of finding me?” Kaylie asked, after a few seconds of silence. “It obviously wasn’t easy to do. Was it worth it?”

“That depends,” Bella said. “It depends on how the rest of this night goes. But no matter how the night turns out, I think I can say definitively that it was worth it to come and at least ask.”

“Ask me what?” Kaylie prompted.

“I know you’ve moved on with your life,” Bella began. “In many ways so have I— but I’ve never quite found a partner so well-matched to me as you; I’ve never found someone as fun as you are, either. I was wondering if you might want to try with me again. Make a second effort at our relationship, if you understand me.”

Kaylie widened her eyes. “I understand you— this is unexpected, though, I’m sure you can imagine. I’ve thought of you fondly now and then, but I never imagined you’d show up to my present-day life again.”

“I didn’t think I would either,” Bella admitted. “And I’ll leave as quickly as I came, if you’re not interested. But if you are— we might have some fun tonight. Like we used to.”

Bella’s eyes had taken on a heat; and Kaylie was feeling it a little too. Though she was finding it actively hard to think about what Bella had actually asked her. Which was weird. She wondered if that old trigger was at work in her. She seemed to be growing more unfocused and more confused by the minute.

Unfortunately for her. What Bella had asked her required some serious thought.

“I’ll be honest with you, Bella,” Kaylie said. “I’m finding it hard to think. You remember that old trigger I had… the one where, the longer I spent in your company…”

A look of wonder crossed Bella’s face. “You’d become increasingly confused. But I deprogrammed all the old triggers you had when we parted ways.”

“Seems like this one has somehow found its way back,” Kaylie added.

“I’m taking it as a compliment,” Bella said. “I’ve never seen it happen firsthand but I’ve heard the subconscious can do funny things like this. Maybe some part of you remembered what it felt like to experience that trigger, even though it was long gone and decided to recreate the feeling for itself. Have you been giving your inner submissive any outlets to come out and play?”

Kaylie wracked her mind. She didn’t think she had, but she couldn’t keep her thoughts gathered long enough to properly answer the question. And the tone with which Bella had asked it was waking up other feelings in her.

“I don’t… think…”

She’d meant to make it to a fourth word, but she couldn’t remember what that fourth word was supposed to be; and the three words by themselves seemed very, very true at that moment.

“I’ll take back my question, then,” Bella said. “I think your subconscious has been quite clear— you’ve been craving something like what I used to give you, possibly for a long time; so we’ll have a night together the way we used to. And in the morning, when you’re clear headed again— even if I have to install a clarity trigger in you myself to counteract this haze that’s come over you— then I will ask you what I came here to ask you tonight, and you can answer me honestly, when you’ve had the chance to think it through.”

It was too late for Kaylie to understand; the words were all slipping past her; she was feeling more and more hazy and blank. And as she became hazier and blanker, she felt an increasing sense of happiness. She loved the feeling— she’d gone so long without it, but now it was coming back so naturally to her she could barely remember that it had ever been away.

“Let’s see what else you remember,” Bella suggested, but Kaylie didn’t hear this either. From that point forward, Bella’s voice was only a rolling soothing sound that came in waves but had no meaning. Its presence was only to give a feeling of relaxation and peace, which it did.

There were more important things to focus on, anyway. Like moving the way Bella said when she said to, or feeling the way she said when she said to; doing whatever was commanded when the command was given. There was more pleasure in completing a command than in doing a task just for the sake of the task.

Kaylie had forgotten this, but was now gloriously remembering. It felt good to move with Bella, it felt good to have Bella in her bed, it felt good to touch and be touched; and to touch from within that hazy cocoon of warmth that encompassed her thoughts. Bella had put it there, it belonged to her— the way Kaylie belonged to her again— at least for one night.

The haze hung around, clouding Kaylie’s thoughts through most of that night. It helped her follow Bella’s guidance, helped her follow Bella’s control through multiple rounds of mutual pleasure, and it was only at the end of the night, when sunlight was streaking in through the window, that it dissipated.

Bella gave a sharp word, and it was gone; and Kaylie became more aware of herself, as she lay dishevelled on her own bed, next to Bella.

“Do you remember what I asked you last night?” Bella asked.

Kaylie nodded.

“And do you have an answer for me?”

Kaylie only had to think about it for a minute. “I don’t think I’m ready to jump all the way back in to what we had going the last time around,” she started. “But… it was fun to do it just for a short while. Maybe you could come back and visit me again… and we could have a few repeat sessions… and see how it goes?”

She’d slipped into a coyness as she’d spoken, and it had come to her like the most natural thing in the world.

Bella smiled at this suggestion. “Then that’s what we’ll do, Kaylie. That’s what we’ll do.”

They had a friendly breakfast together— then Bella left to go back to the airport, with Kaylie’s new, up-to-date number sitting in her phone as she went.

Kaylie was already looking forward to Bella coming back around to visit again.

* * *