The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Categories—FF, MF, GR, IN

Story description:

The world has changed drastically, but a family living within a small pocket of untouched society seeks to hold onto a normal life.

* * *

Author’s note:

This is the last in my “trilogy” (In Heat, The Au Lait Way being the first two), each of which have a very loose continuity (every story stands on its own). This is set roughly 25 years after the events of The Au Lait Way.

Feedback is always welcome. Enjoy!

—Rikimaru
* * *

Resistance

1. Friday

“He’s getting worse,” Christine said, lines of worry creasing her brow.

“I know,” Robert answered impassively. He said nothing further, as they sat there at the kitchen table, not looking his wife in the face.

“Well?!” Christine tried to keep the shrillness out of her voice, succeeding poorly. Her baby boy… “We have to do something!”

“What can we do? We’ll have to see if he can pull through. He’s young and he’s strong.”

“Robert, you just said you knew he’s getting worse!”

“I know!” Robert snapped, finally looking up. He threw his arms up in frustration. “What should we do?! Take him to the hospital? Get him some antibiotics?”

He smacked himself in the head in mock surprise. “Oh wait, yea, that’s right… there are no hospitals! There aren’t any fucking antibiotics!”

Robert immediately felt ashamed of his outburst, seeing the hurt, resentful expression on his beautiful wife’s careworn face. But he said nothing.

The silence hung heavy between them.

Then, Christine said, softly, ”You know where we can get some.”

“Out of the question.” His reply was immediate, as though he expected it. But of course he did, Robert was always so damn smart.

“Why,” she demanded. “Why is it out of the question? Derek’s life is at stake! Do you think they need it, out there? Piles of all sorts of medicine, sitting on shelves, untouched!”

“If we go outside of the QZ, all of our lives are at risk! This whole family! Hell, think of the bigger picture! It puts everyone at risk.”

Now it was Christine who sat in stony reticence, glaring at her husband. The horrible man, always so damn reasonable, sitting there while their only son lay in a coma upstairs.

“If you won’t go, then I will!” Christine exploded, forcefully.

“How,” Robert countered, crossly. “You’re due up for patrol draft tonight. You don’t show, and they’ll be scouring all over QZ looking for you. And when you come back...”

“Don’t you see,” Christine eagerly said. “This is the perfect timing! If I can pull fence duty, then I can help you sneak out and back in again!”

“And if I don’t make it back at all? You’re on round the clock duty for a week. Who will take care of Derek? Meghan? Hmmm? And who’s going to take care of her?”

“She’s sixteen, Robert. She’s not a child anymore.”

He just shook his head, staring out of the window.

“Fine. Then we should just send Derek out there,” Christine said, her voice trembling with emotion. “At least he’ll live.”

Robert stared incredulously at his wife. “’Send him out ther—’..? What would be the point? Don’t you get it?! He’d be alive, sure, but he wouldn’t even be Derek anymore!”

“Please, please, Robert, we have to do something, we can’t just let him die..!” She held her face in her hands, weeping.

Robert looked bleakly on as Christine wept, chewing his lip. His boy, his only son, who’d made him so proud, taller than Robert himself now, big and strong, now laying upstairs above their heads, prone, helpless.

He let out a heavy sigh. “Maybe we send Meghan.”

Now it was Christine’s turn to stare, raising her tear streaked face from her hands. “Meghan? Have you gone crazy?!”

“No, think about it,” Robert said, in his irritating, rational way. “She has absolutely nowhere to be tomorrow, and no one to notice if she’s not around. Like you said, you get on fence patrol and we can help her in and out. Even if she were caught, the General would never have a kid executed. We need to maintain a younger population, and as tense and restless as the climate is these days...”

He trailed off thoughtfully. “And outside quarantine, maybe… Maybe, she wouldn’t be as… affected… as an adult would be…”

“Oh, Robert,” Christine said, bemusedly, rolling her eyes with a small smile, despite the gravity of the situation. “She’s sixteen, not six, you know.”

“But still…”

They had most of the details worked out when Meghan burst in through the door, in tears, ignoring them altogether as she pounded up the stairs to her room, slamming the door shut behind her.

* * *

It should have been the best day of Meghan’s life. The last day of school, her sophomore year at an end, and an exciting, fun-filled summer to look forward to; on her birthday last month, she’d received nothing from her parents except a birthday card and a promise: that all summer long, she could take the car out any weekend they had leftover fuel rations. Over the past month, she’d been so impatiently waiting for today, daydreaming of Friday night dates with Zack, captain of the JV team and her diehard crush, along with half the other girls in school. Half the other girls in school, however, couldn’t say that Zack had been lavishing them with attention everyday for the past week, carrying their books or sending them texts.

Meghan could hardly believe it was happening to her. After all, she was barely on the fringes of the popular crowd, certainly not firmly in the center of it, like her brother, Derek, who was more or less everything she was not; not just a stellar student, but athletic, captain of the varsity team, even though he was only a junior, which was practically unheard of. He’d inherited their parents’ good looks and smarts, while she was just plain, average, boring, mediocre. It was only because of Derek that she even had any friends at all and wasn’t completely ignored altogether.

So it was all very thrilling when super cute, super cool Zack turned his gaze upon her, messaging her online, even making up a cute little nickname for her, ‘Muffin’.

Just today, Meghan’s heart practically leapt into her mouth when she got a text from him, right in the middle of the morning’s Pledge to the General, saying to meet her at lunch so they could talk.

With barely contained excitement, she had scurried over to the cool kids’ table, where Zack sat casually, an arm slung over the back of the chair, talking confidentially to one of the school mean girls, a pretty blond named Crystal, standing beside him, circled by all of his friends and admirers.

Meghan stood there uncertainly, waiting to be noticed for several moments, before she spoke timidly. “Hi.”

No one seemed to notice. Feeling her ears burning, she tried again, a little more loudly.

“Zack. Umm… Hi.”

He turned towards her, eyebrows raised, and everyone else at the table turned to look as well.

“Oh, hey, Muffin.” Meghan felt a little less nervous, as Zack’s face broke into a warm smile upon seeing her. “What’s goin’ on?”

“Oh... ummm... well you said… you said you had something to ask me…” Meghan stammered.

“Yea, yea, that’s right, I did say that, didn’t I,” Zack said easily, still smiling.

Meghan waited expectantly, still feeling everyone’s gaze on her. Her face was starting to feel warm, but Zack didn’t say anything else.

“Umm… well…” Meghan said, pointlessly. God, her mouth was so dry. “So, umm… What did you want to ask me..?”

“Oh, yea! Ha, ha, duh.” Zack looked around, laughing, and Meghan gave a nervous titter as well. Maybe he was nervous, too. He leaned forward, elbows on the table, hands folded in front of him. “Well what I wanted to ask… Muffin… Is will you go steady with me?”

“Ummm… ‘Go steady’? Meghan repeated dumbly. “You mean like boyfriend and girlfriend?”

“Uh, YEA,” Zack answered. “I mean like boyfriend and girlfriend. You know, we can hold hands and stuff, and you can wear my school jacket. So what do ya say, Muffin?”

He and the rest of the table looked on with apparent avid anticipation, as Meghan stood before them under what felt like a two hundred degree spotlight. She felt herself flushing. Why did he have to ask her like this, in front of everybody?

“Umm, OK, sure,” she said, meekly.

“AHHHHHAHAHA, yes! She said yes!” Zack guffawed loudly, looking around at his buddies, who also erupted in laughter.

For one split second, which would relentlessly play back in her mind over and over again for the rest of the day, Meghan thought he was just that elated that she had said yes, but then he turned immediately to his left, pointing at a buddy.

“Muffin-top Meghan wants to be my girlfriend! She wants to go out with me! You owe me twenty bucks!” Zack, laughing hysterically, held a hand up without looking, receiving a high five. “Puahahaha, I toldja she’d say yes… I toldja, she’s in love with me!”

The whole cafeteria was fit to burst as well, pointing and laughing.

“Muffin-top, ahahahaha…”

“’Will you go steady with me?’ Oh my God, classic…”

“Look at how freakin’ red her face is!!!”

“‘Hold hands and wear my jacket’! How does he come up with that stuff?”

Crystal was rolling her eyes, talking to a girlfriend while playing with her platinum hair. “She honestly believed Zack would be interested in her. God, what a dumbass…”

Meghan, face burning, turned and fled the cafeteria, tears streaming down her face, amid the jeers. God, how mortifying. How could she have been so stupid? How could she live down the next two more years?

Sitting in a stall of the girls’ bathroom, Meghan furiously deleted all Zack’s texts from her phone and took him off all of her accounts, while wiping her eyes and nose with angry swipes.

If Derek were here, that asshole never would have had the nerve to pull a stunt like that, Meghan thought morosely. But her big brother had been out sick for several weeks now, leaving her alone to fend for herself.

She’d spent the remainder of the day in the bathroom, emerging only to run the gauntlet of the school hallway on the way out, enduring the calls of ‘Muffin-top’ and spurious dating requests that invariably followed her as she passed.

In the safe refuge of her bedroom, Meghan broke down again in tears anew, staring at herself in the floor length mirror. How could she have been so stupid, she wondered again, eying the reflection critically. Guys like Zack went for girls like Crystal: skinny, tall, long, straight golden hair, slutty clothes. Not average sized girls like her (well, maybe she did have a little muffin top from trying to squeeze into those old jeans), with her dirty blonde hair, and long bangs in the front that she tried to hide her forehead pimples with.

Still looking at herself in the mirror, she poked the bulges at her sides morosely. Why did she wear such a tight fitting shirt today anyway? She was deluding herself if she thought that stupid pushup bra she bought the other week could compensate for her protruding tummy.

If only she were beautiful like her mother, blond haired and blue-eyed, a classy version of that slut Crystal. Meghan’s mother always told her she had a pretty face (certainly not now, all puffy and red), and she just needed time to grow up. But Derek, not even two years older, was already a school heartthrob, athletic and popular, and always had been, as far back as she could remember. It wasn’t fair.

Meghan felt a twinge of guilt then, feeling jealous of her big brother as he lay sick the next room over. Wiping her tears, she opened her door and went into his bedroom, quietly turning the knob.

The room was dimly lit, as the curtains were drawn across all of the windows. Derek lay in bed on his back, covers pulled up to his chest. She went to his bedside, looking down in concern. His face was so skinny now, his normally close cropped brown hair grown long, pushed to the side and damp with perspiration, his brow creased, as though in effort to fight off the illness. His chest rose and fell in slow, shallow breaths.

“Meghan,” a voice behind her whispered.

She turned to see her parents standing in the door way, silently beckoning her to come out. “Come down to the kitchen, sweetie,” her mother said in a hushed voice.

Seated at the kitchen table, she looked from her mother’s pretty, concerned face, to her father, whose typical grim, serious expression seemed even more so at the moment.

“Meghan, we need to talk,” he said. “There’s something we want you to do, to help Derek. But it’s going to be dangerous, and you’re old enough to decide. We aren’t going to tell you what to do.”

Her reply came immediately.

“I don’t care what it is,” Meghan said.

“If it’ll help Derek, I’ll do it.”