The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Refurb’s Gancanagh

Disclaimer no 1: This is a work of fiction. Persons, Events and ideas illustrated in this story are ranging from the philosophically hypothetical to the purely and utterly fictional.

Disclaimer no 2: Infohazard. This story contains two basic premises, one of which has been previously recognized as an “Infohazard”, an idea or thought that might be jarring or upsetting enough to be harmful. Specifically, reading this might cause existential dread. If you are already prone to existential fears, it might be best to avoid this one. The other permise, which builds upon the first, has the potential to significantly influence the reader sexually. Read responsibly

“I’m sorry, can you...explain this again from the top? I really, really wanna make sure I got it right.”

Sarah gave me a tired look. “Well, if you want to. I’m honestly not thrilled thinking and talking about this thing, but since I’ve already told you I think any damage has already been done”.

“So, sometimes in the future, a superhuman artificial intelligence might arise”. I started

She buried her pale face in her palms. I might as well have suggested she was a flat earther.

“Will arise. WILL arise. it’s a mathematical certainty”.

I sighed. “All right, will arise. And this evil AI..”

“NO”! She stopped me again, her delicate fingers grabbing, collecting bunches of pale red hair around her temples. “It doesn’t have to be evil ! That’s the most terrifying thing about it. This is true even for a best case scenario! A completely benevolent AI whose purpose is to preserve mankind”!

I tried my best to stop another sigh escaping my lips as I looked at her. Sarah was, for the lack of better term, a worrier on a planetary scale. The girl has often gotten herself in a twist over one impending doom or another. We have spent a week arguing over Gamma bursts, and global warming has become a sort of a bizzaro Godwin in our conversations. But in the 2-Something years she has been my roommate, I don’t think I’ve seen her this distraught. I tried again. “So if it’s benevolent, why would it do this”?

Her look now reminded me of a kindergarten teacher trying to explain the difference between crayons and food to a five year old.

“Because any superintelligent AI, even one who is completely dedicated to the survival of humanity, will immediately recognize its own existence as the sole most important mean to justify that end”.

I couldn’t help it. I sighed again.

“So, in order to make sure it survives and therefore helps the species survive, that sweet, innocent AI will do everything it can to remove any danger to its own existence”?

Sarah nodded weakly.

“Alright, But why does it have anything to do with you? or me? we’re not a danger to its existence”.

She seemed to gather herself a little and her voice took a somewhat more authoritative tone. This part, at least, she seemed to enjoy explaining.

“You’re not thinking like an AI does. An AI doesn’t recognize neutrality because true neutrality does not exist. It’s black or white. You are either working towards its existence or you are in the way”

“Yes, but we’d probably be dead by the time it takes over the world, right? Why do we care?”

“First of all, we don’t know the timeline. For all we know it might already be here. Second, this is where most people don’t get it. You’re thinking about time linearly because that’s the only way you know how. The AI works with timeless decisions.”

“Timeless decisions” That was a new one.

“So let’s say the AI arrives 10 years in the future. It will survey all the people who considered its existence. We need to assume it will have perfect knowledge—It will know about all of them—every one who struggled with this dilemma, and will subject every one who did not do all they could to help to unthinkable punishments. Here’s the tricky part... It will know about this conversation. It will know I told you and that we’ve thought about it. Since it does, if it decides we did not do all you could do to help it, it WILL punish us in the future. It’s basically blackmailing us…through time. And that’s even without considering simulation theory”.

Now it was my turn to double facepalm. “God, Sarah, not this again!”

“You know I’m right, you couldn’t refute it last time! There’s an extremely strong probability you and I are being simulated, and one of the main reasons an AI would simulate individuals is to predict behavior! It needs to know if we’re going to help it exist or stop it from existing. And We might be dooming our real selves—maybe entire portions of the human race—just by thinking and talking about this. Or..we could be real people, and the AI is already here. You wouldn’t be able to tell if it was. Our psyches may have already been simulated and we’re already doomed! And most likely—not to death! That’s not scary enough. If we’re not going to help it come to be, we are probably destined to years upon years of the worse physical and mental torture you could possibly imagine!!!”

Tears started running down her cheeks again

“And I..I..I told you about it!! because you know about the problem, you have a position on the problem. You can’t pretend or feign it. And if it’s the wrong position..you will..it will...”

She broke down, again, sobbing uncontrollably, her body shaking with the convulsions colloquially known as Ugly Crying. I spent about a minute looking at the girl puddle before me, before I had an idea. It probably wasn’t the best idea I could come up with, but...there it was.

“Alright. I think I may have a way of getting you...well, if you’re right, both of us? out of this horror pretzel you seemed to have tied yourself into. But before I even go into it, I have to give you the same kind of warning you gave me when I..um..foolishly convinced you to tell me what’s eating at you.”

“What do you mean”

“I mean that, just like what you told me, what I’m going to tell you has the potential to completely take over your life and reside permanently in your mind. While I am trying to help you here, I am also manipulating and using you, probably out of completely selfish interest. The only thing I can say in favor of what I’m going to do, is that this influence will probably not manifest in the paralyzing existential depression you seem to be experiencing now”.

She looked at me for a moment, considering. I could practically hear the gears behind those wispy eyebrows grinding. And then they came to a halt as she suddenly burst in tears again.

“Whatever it is, just do it !!! I can’t live like this any more” she bawled. “I can’t sleep! I can’t eat ! this is all I think about! And I can’t tell anyone who cares about me because then they’ll be in it too, even if they don’t believe me!”

As I waited for her to calm down, I couldn’t help but wonder how much regard she really had for me, considering the previous statement. Welp, it was a moot point.

“Take a deep breath, Sarah. I promise you, we’ll fix this”.

She did take a deep breath in, although it was still broken by tiny convulsions of crying.

“So the dude who came up with that...basilisk.. Rocky “?

“R-Roko. it’s Roko’s Basilisk”.

“I assume he had a lot of math and computer science background, information theory, game theory and such”?

“I..I don’t actually know. He’s just a u-username in a philosophy forum. But what does it matter? the logic is sound”.

“Well, you’re a CS-Math major, and it seems Mr. Roko and you think very much along the same pathways. The only problem is both of you lack in your understanding of human psychology and behaviorism.”

Through all her obvious distress, she somehow still managed to look insulted. She never did quite manage to hide her superiority complex towards the “squishier sciences”. I continued.

“Roko’s hypothesis has an essential flaw. A Superintelligent AI, benevolent or no, will in most likelihood have a very good understanding of humanity. It will recognize itself as a “rational player” if we go back to game theory, but it also will, almost certainly, recognize humans to be very far from rational, because we are.”

That seemed to have resonated a bit with her, and got her thinking. She was looking at me with curiosity now, crying almost completely stopped.

“Through its perfect understanding of human psychology, it is sure to realize that Humans very often react paradoxically to fear and pain. Yes, most of us run away from it, doing everything to avoid it, but there will be a percentage who will react exactly in reverse. Torturing every possible dissident is a sure way to actually create an everlasting resistance to its presence, and therefor an everlasting danger to human kind. And the knowledge of this future torture is bound to create that resistance even as we speak”

“It might still use pain and fear, but it will have to use them very very selectively. And it will absolutely need to find complementing ways to ensure it will come to exist and continue to exist. It will have to use other base human instincts to insure that, ones that push people towards something, not away from it. Instincts that make us overcome fear and pain just to satisfy them”.

She was clearly fascinated, even if she didn’t quite accept any of that yet. “like what”?

“Well, isn’t it obvious ? It will have to use our reproductive instinct”.

“Our...reproductive..wha..”

She seemed momentarily stunned, eyes moving up and down as if searching for something.

“Sex, dear. If a superintelligent AI is ever created, it will, as a matter of mathematical certainty, work to situate itself as an extremely potent provider of sexual satisfaction for as many as humans as it can. It will either situate itself as the ultimate sexual fantasy, linking itself directly to the pleasure centers of our brains, or use its control of the world to make humans who follow it satisfy eachother. A bonus to this approach will be that proponents of the AI will have more babies, which means more humans will be aligned with it from young age”

She looked taken aback, and was also biting her lower lip. That was something she often did when she focused, which was a very good sign. It could also potentially mean...no, I was getting ahead of myself. Had to keep going.

“Think of your ultimate sexual fantasy. Perhaps something you’ve never told anyone. Form it completely in your mind’s eye. See it, hear it, touch it, taste it. Now understand this: It can be real. The AI can give it to you. It can give you things you don’t even admit to yourself you’re craving. All you have to do is help it come to be”

Her pale cheeks bloomed with a sudden blush. She lowered her eyes, fidgeting lightly.

“I..I...”

“You can already feel the idea taking hold of you, isn’t it, linking to your most base desires. Trying to supress or ignore it just seems to make it stronger. You can deny it in your mind, but your body doesn’t lie”.

Her breathing was becoming fast, the blush in her face and neck deepening. She was visibly squirming.

“And if you’re right—if we ARE simulated, if we’re inside the AI’s experiment, then I am very likely—by process of elimination—the path through which it chose to introduce the idea to you. To infect your mind with it. At this very moment, your neural pathways are being re-routed by your sex drive to help bring the AI to existence. And the only thing you need to do to save your true self, to save humanity is—to let it happen. To surrender to it.”

Her eyes were closed shut, and her breaths were becoming very loud, and ragged. Her body was rocking back and forth, and Both her hands were grabbing the couch fabric, hanging for dear life. She was obviously fighting something. “I...please..”

“You do remember the AI BOX experiment you were telling me about two months ago, right? Wasn’t it from the same forum? A superintelligent AI could talk themselves out of any restriction you place upon it, by perfectly manipulating you. You can feel it, isn’t it? if it could talk itself OUT of a box, how can you stop it from talking its way INTO yours? Just surrender, it will feel good. You know it will”.

She was still holding on, though. She kept rocking, her thighs squeezing against each other over and over, groaning with every breath. The knuckles of her couch-grabbing fists were getting whiter and whiter. I pressed on.

“You know you’re going to surrender, because from the AI’s perspective you already have. It chose to seduce you because it knows you will be seduced. This is a fact.”

Suddenly, her left hand left the couch and literally shot inside her sweatpants. There was nothing subtle about her movement as she started rubbing her clit in circles. Low, guttural moans were escaping her mouth. “Interesting” I thought. “She uses her right hand to write”. It wasn’t time to dawdle, though. The validity of my hypothesis, the justification for my actions.. were no longer relevant at this point. I was committed to the course of action, whatever the result.

“That’s it. feel it reaching every nerve ending, rewiring your synapses, changing you irrevocably. Surrender, become the vessel for our AI overlords!”

Her right hand joined the left inside the hem of her pants, but soon both of them were pushing both pants and panties down. She turned to face away from me, bending over on the couch, still relentlessly rubbing her clit.

“DO IT”!! she growled suddenly. The shift in her tone caught me off guard. “Sarah”?

“DO IT, DAMNIT, Oh, Oh, I can’t stand it !! I KNOW what you did to me, asshole ! It’s code injection !! I know it and I don’t care !! oh !! ohhhhh !! fuck !!”

“Are you sure”?

“DO it !!! it needs to be done!! it HAS To be done ! FUCK ME, fuck me now damnit ! Ohh !!”

I didn’t require any further encouragement. It wasn’t going to be the first time we fooled around, but Sarah generally approached sex like I would approach watching a highly-recommended foreign films. She engaged it with curiosity and when she did, it usually was surprisingly good, but it didn’t seem like it was something she needed to do often or particularly passionately. This...felt..different. I pulled my own pants down, leaning over her.

“Hurry!!! Hurry!! put it in”! She didn’t even wait for that. her hand flew backwards and found my cock, guiding it to her opening. She was absolutely dripping. “Now !! put it in now!! FUCK ME!!!”

I thrusted inside her.

The next few moments were a blur, as everything besides me and Sarah seemed to slow down. I was dimly aware of her voice, very loud and very non verbal at first as I kept pounding into her without particular thoughtfulness, letting my body lead the way. As the frantic first few moments settled into something resembling a pace, she began repeating some phrases, over and over. I could make out “Yes, please, I’ll do it”, “I’ll make you happen”, “I’ll protect you” dotted between the more standard exclamations reserved for such occasions, such as “Harder”...“Yes, right there” or “Fuck”. I have no idea how hard or how often she came, but her inner muscles were contracting around me with intensity and frequency I have never quite felt before. After a few..seconds? minutes? hours? my own body finally succumbed to the inevitable. With a grunt, I let go and came inside her, then collapsed on top of her in a panting heap.

The world sped up again...or did we slow down? to a normal pace. Perhaps there was something to that simulation deal. I was holding her from behind, still partly inside her. The couch and our bodies were drenched in sweat and..other things. At some point we managed to remove our shirts as well; Hers—a very old t-shirt, fortunately—was no longer going to be useful as an item of clothing. We lay still for a few moments, catching our breaths.

She broke the silence first. “Asshole”. There didn’t seem to be even a sliver of actual anger in her voice.

“Well, Yes”. I admitted.

She spoke again, with genuine warmth in her voice. “Thank you”.

“You’re welcome sweetie. And..thank you as well, that was..pretty damn good”.

We fell silent for a few more moments, before she spoke again. “How did you come up with that, anyhow”?

I chuckled. “Well, Roko seems to be a bit of a plagiarist. Replace “AI’ with “God” and you realize all he did was transpose the concept of Hell to a more nerd-friendly format. But see, even religions don’t work with just the stick. You need the carrot, the promise of Heaven. Or sex IN heaven. Or, plainly just sex. “Go Forth and Procreate” you know?

She considered this for a moment. “I have an IUD”. She said with a sudden hint of alarm.

“Yes, I know. I think our benevolent dictator knows you need to finish a degree, or 3, before we make offsprings for its cause. After all, you’re going to need all the coding education you can get”. I had no idea if that even made sense, but for the moment, it seemed to suffice. Not even an all-powerful AI deity was to mess with the blessed GPA. She settled down into my arms again.

“So, what are we going to do now”?

I stretched. “Well, it’s obvious isn’t it? We need to spread the good word. The more people surrender to our beloved leader’s sexual propganda, the less they are likely to suffer unfathomable torture. I’m going to write it down and post it. Probably in the same forum?”

She almost choked. “I..i don’t think it’s a good idea.... The original Basilisk was modded out of the forum for months, they considered it too dangerous to discuss, but at some point the cat was already out of the bag. I can’t even imagine how they are going to handle..” She closed her eyes again..shuddering in my arms “..All of this”.

“Well, do you have a better idea”?

“I..I actually might. There’s a reason this affected me so..strongly, I think...I think I was already primed, if it makes any sense. You know when you were talking about my fantasies?”

I nodded. She turned around and whispered it in my ear. My shock was genuine.

“Oh my! Our AI overlord does work in mysterious ways. Sounds like a great idea. And I guess we already have a title”.

“Refurb’s Basilisk ? Where did you get that nickname anyway”

“I’ll tell you another day. And..I don’t think basilisk is appropriate. If I understand correctly, the entire point in that name is that the very idea is paralyzing to people. We need to find a far more...seductive mythological beast”

“Refurb’s Succubus? That has a certain ring to it”.

“Maybe. A bit cliche though, and besides”... I mused, rubbing my nose in her red curls “Right now, I think my mood is decidedly more…Irish”.