The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Reality You Know

by Second Chair and J. Darksong

Chapter 11

Calm Before the Storm

“Lacie? What is it? Oh, God!! What’s wrong with her??!!” A very worried Sabrina asked some time later.

“Forgive me, Goddess, but I... I don’t know, I’ve never seen her like this” she admitted, still looking into Eva’s eyes as she spoke to her Goddess. “She seems almost... catatonic. All I know is that she ran into Parker Albinn at the police station, that he was attempting to grab her when I teleported us away. There must have been some kind of altercation...” She sighed. “I don’t know... I don’t think this is one of Eugene’s toys or anything. She just seems... like she’s in shock or something.”

“As you know, I can’t read her mind, Mistress,” Veronica replied, frowning. “Not sure if it’s the protection of having our brains, our minds, changed by your power, or if she’s actively closed her mind off to me... but I can’t get anything at all from her. All I’m getting are her emotions...”

“AND..?!!” Sabrina asked, trying hard to stay calm. “What is she feeling?!”

Roni visibly shuddered. “Sadness. Despair. Loneliness. And a lot of... Fear! She’s... genuinely panicked?!!” She shuddered again. “I have no idea what happened to her, my Mistress... but, I do know that if we don’t do something fast, I think she could... become... suicidal!”

Sabrina gasped in shock. “Suicide?! How, that should be... impossible!” Her slaves were literally and physically “re-wired” to serve her, to desire nothing more than to obey and please her in any way she wished. The idea of killing herself, of willingly taking her own life, of depriving her Goddess of her property, her slave, should have been impossible! Whatever had happened to the beautiful blonde psychic must have been truly traumatic indeed. Worse, she suddenly felt a growing, burning hatred forming in the center of her gut for one Mr. Parker Albinn now... that he would DARE to harm one of her beloved girls! Especially Eva?! These women belong to her and she loves them all dearly!! They are NOT just sex slaves. Not anymore! The sudden desire to pummel Parker into the ground until he was nothing more than a red, squishy paste flared brightly... but with an extreme effort, she managed to push that desire aside. Right now she needed to figure out what happened to Eva. She needed to take care of her.

Kneeling down on the floor beside her, she caressed Eva’s face, lifting it gently. “Eva, look at me,” she commanded. The blonde blinked, the power of her Goddess’s command cutting thru the trauma and confusion, registering in Eva’s mind, her eyes slowly moving to look at her Mistress. “I want you to listen to me carefully. I need you to relax. You’re safe. I need you to take a deep breath and talk to me, understand? I need you to tell me what happened to you.”

Eva shuddered. “Y-yes, my Goddess,” she said in a flat empty tone. “I obey...”

And so she did. Speaking softly, in a blank monotone, Eva related what had happened at the police station... her erasing the policemen’s memories of her Mistress and the event with Ultra Girl, insuring that they would leave them alone... then the run-in with Parker... and the revelation that SHE was the one that had alerted Eugene to their situation. As she spoke, heavy tears flowed from her eyes, learning that she had betrayed her Goddess! She was certain that it was now only a matter of time before Sabrina spoke the words she dreaded, the words that would seal her fate—telling Eva that she no longer needed or wanted her. That she wanted nothing to do with her. Eva knew that her Goddess was going to cast her out!

Sabrina listened calmly and silently, letting the girl talk. There was, admittedly, a flash of anger when she learned about the betrayal, but it faded quickly when Sabrina had to also admit that, of course, Dr. Evangaline Snow, being the experienced superheroine Whitewash would fight being enslaved by some unknown girl, or anyone for that matter! In the face of Eva’s obvious and genuine sorrow, she waited until Eva finished, then nodded softly to the others, who quietly turned and left the room. “Ssshhuusshh, Eva,” she said simply, “it’s okay. I understand. And I forgive you.”

The blonde merely sniffed, shaking her head. “But, my Goddess... it’s... not... that simple...” she sobbed. “I... I’m to blame... for everything... all of it... the t-trouble with the police... you being outed and seen as a criminal... I’m the reason Eugene Frasier is trying to... to take us all away from you...” she broke down again, falling to the floor, pressing her head against the carpet before her Goddess. “I ruined everything!! I don’t deserve your forgiveness! I don’t deserve you! I... I don’t even deserve to live!”

“STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!!!” Sabrina shouted, angrily, causing Eva to jump. “Do NOT say that!! DO NOT EVER fucking say that again, Eva!!!” She reached down, pulling the weeping psychic into her arms, hugging her fiercely. She lifted Eva’s face to her own, then kissed her, hard, passionate, desperate. Eva was stunned, shocked, but eventually responded, accepting the love being given even as her mind failed to comprehend it. When her Mistress finally pulled back, Eva was just as shocked to find tears in HER eyes as well! “Dammit... how could... HOW could you ever say something like that?!” Sabrina asked her softly. “That you don’t deserve me... that you don’t deserve to live? Eva... I know you can’t read my mind, but you ARE a professional therapist and a psychic! How the... Hell have you STILL not realized just how damn important you are to me?! Everything I’ve done so far... all I’ve managed to accomplish... it’s because of you!! Your advice, your help, your guidance and compassion, your... presence... without you, I’d be a complete and total mess!” She sighed, shaking her head. “Dammit, Eva Snow... I NEED you!! Goddess Bless, I... I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU!!!”

Adjusting herself so that she is sitting comfortably on the floor, Sabrina also maneuvers Eva so that she is laying against her chest, and starts to rock her in her arms...“The bottom line is this, my love. The woman you were when you sent that message to Frasier simply doesn’t exist anymore. She was a free-thinking and independent woman, cornered and scared, fighting, resisting, and unwilling to accept her fate. Once you became mine, that person vanished. She ceased to exist. And I don’t... I can’t... blame the stunning, beautiful, wonderful, incredibly warm, caring, and loving woman here with me now for the actions of that other person.” She gave Eva a soft smile, caressing her face. “And neither should you.”

Eva just slowly nodded as she looked up into her Goddess’s eyes, beginning to accept that despite everything, her Goddess wasn’t going to cast her away after all. But the guilt still tore at her soul. “But.. but Goddess... shouldn’t you at least... punish me?” she persisted. “Roni, Bethany... Karen... what they did doesn’t compare to the crime I... er, the other me, committed. Shouldn’t I be punished like them? I don’t deserve such... mercy!!”

Sabrina DID consider it for half a second, before shaking her head. The thought of punishing this woman that obviously loved her so deeply... that she in turn now loved so fiercely... tore at her. “No, my love, you are the most beautiful, wonderful, loving woman I have ever met!” she said firmly, using her command voice again. “I’ve already decided. You are forgiven. But..,” she added with a smirk, “if you still feel guilty, then you shall just have to devote yourself to me all the more. If you truly want to make up for getting Eugene Frasier involved, then help me defeat him. Help me remove him from our lives forever!”

“Yes, my Goddess!!” Eva replied nodding, a renewed fire burning in her gaze now. “As you command, my Mistress!! You are my reason for living! I’ll do everything within my power to bring him down! I swear it! I swear it on my very life!”

* * *

“Alright, lads and lassies,” Armor Man began, glancing from face to face among his gathered companions. “Let’s go over the plan one last time and make sure we all know our assigned roles.” Tapping a key, the lights dimmed, and a beam of white light shot down from overhead, splitting apart, creating a perfect holographic representation of a section of undeveloped land several miles outside the city. “This will be the chosen site for our engagement,” he continued, only to pause as a hand was quickly raised.

“And just how exactly do we know that Ms. Cross and her minions will accept this site for our final battle,” Spice Girl, another local heroine, powerful in her own right, asked, frowning slightly at the map. “If she’s as intelligent and clever as you make her out to be, she will probably have her doubts about accepting any site that we choose! She will definitely assume it affords us some kind of advantage over her.”

Gene nodded. “’Tis a fair question. In truth, there is nothing to confirm that she will accept the battleground I picked. Most likely, she’ll have picked out a spot of her own for this meeting, to which I will counter with another spot that is indeed advantageous to us. Which she’ll refuse. I plan to offer this spot as a compromise, which hopefully she’ll accept as an alternative.” He shrugged. “Regardless, we will proceed on the assumption that this will be our staging ground, and if needs be, adust the battle plan on the fly. Agreed?” Spice Girl nodded, lowering her hand.

The hologram shifted slightly, showing a line of people, familiar faces to them all.

“Now onto the specifics. The plan will consist of four separate phases. The first phase will unfortunately be the most difficult. Cross has eight powerful Supers at her command, and to even begin to stand against her, we will have to neutralize four of them almost immediately and as simultaneously as possible!” Hologram shifted, showing a close-up of Lacie. “Objective one. Omega Girl,” Gene spoke dispassionately, his voice not conveying any of his anxiety. “Ye ken her powers, her abilities. Practically invulnerable, quick regeneration, superhuman strength and speed, energy projection, and manipulation. Teleportation. Aye.. a tough nut to crack,” he commented, bringing up a separate screen. “Nevertheless, she is nae unbeatable. She does have weaknesses. Despite all of her powers, she is still human. A hard enough shock to her system will knock her unconscious. To whit, I developed a rather... strong sedative that if injected, will keep her unconscious for three hours.”

“An injection?” Robotica asked, frowning slightly. “How..? Will that work? Omega Girl’s skin is nearly as tough as my own. She is bulletproof, stabproof, cutproof... a simple needle will break when it touches her skin.”

“Aye. That’s why I made a few adjustments of my own.” He held up a small metal case with three hypodermic needles filled with a thick brown liquid. “These needles are not common steel or aluminum, but Nth metal alloy, one of the hardest metals in existence, and one of the few that can penetrate her skin. They’ll do the job,” he remarked soberly. “The only real difficulty will be in finding the opportunity to administer them. She’ll not simply roll up her sleeve and extend her arm if I ask nicely. But... I have some thoughts on that. She is my assignment after all.”

The display shifted again. “Next target—the Mistress of Technology, Techna. A bit lesser-known, perhaps, but dinnae take her for granted! She is a serious and genuine threat in her own right! Her powers include a specialized kind of technopathy, i.e., she can literally talk to technology. Anything with an electronic circuit, she can manipulate. Aye, and she is also a genius-level inventor, able to create technological marvels and weapons to rival my own. As long as she is active, Robotica and I cannae engage! If we enter her range, she can easily hack either one of us in a matter of minutes. She could not only literally shut us both down with just her mind, but she can do it all by herself!”

Robotica winced. “I’ve felt her talents before. And I’d rather not have my brain hacked by a brainwashed and zealously loyal slave to our enemy if I can help it. I have absolutely no desire to be enslaved before I even have a chance to fight!”

“Easiest solution is to sedate her as well,” Armor Man continued. “She is a whiz with anything high tech, aye... but not much of a physical threat otherwise. Knock her unconscious, and it frees up Robotica and me to act. Solo, she’s yours. Which brings us to the third target,” he replied, as the hologram shifted once more, showing a tall statuesque blonde dressed head to toe in white. “Whitewash. Psychic. One of the best, most highly-skilled, and powerful in the country. Has the powers of telepathy, astral projection, and telekinesis, among others. The largest obstacle with her is that she can easily read our thoughts and discern our plan and strategy as soon as we meet, rendering any kind of strategy moot. It is therefore imperative to remove her as soon as possible!!”

“Great, just great,” Solo remarked, shaking his head. “And just how do we deal with her, when she can see any move we make against her the instant we think of it?”

“We’ve two counters for that.” Armor Man replied. “Whitewash is a formidable telepath, but she cannae read technology. Robotica’s body and mind are pure technology, so she cannae read her brainwaves. The same goes with me—my armor insulates my own brainwaves enough that she won’t be able to read MY mind either.”

“I see,” Manx replied with a smirk. “So basically, you and Robot Girl are able to counter the psychic, allowing Mr. Ninja Man to take down Ms. Hacker Girl, and you to take down Omega Babe. So... what about the fourth target? And when do I finally get the chance to play?!”

“Funny ye should mention that,” Armor Man replied as the hologram shifted to one final figure, a petite, but very busty blonde. “I’m sure you remember her... Luminaire, the Light of Justice?” Manx’s eyes narrowed. “Powers include light generation and manipulation, flight, enhanced speed, and strength. As formidable as they all are, however, they dinnae compare to her most potent ability. Her uncanny good luck. It’s been tested and proven to be a real phenomenon. Guns fired at her will malfunction and lock up. Grenades tossed her way will automatically be duds. And if she does, by some miracle, get caught in some kind of explosion, or life-threatening situation, she will always miraculously survive completely unharmed.” He smirked. “The only real counter for that is to counter her luck.”

“Aahhh,” Manx replied with a chuckle. “Now I see why you hired me, then! Perhaps what that sexy little glowworm needs is for a black cat to cross her path...”

“Aye,” Armor Man replied, still frowning, “just as long as ye remember that the objective is to disable her and remove her from combat. NOT to kill her!!” He turned to glare at her. “Let me reiterate that. If ye take her, or any of the others’ lives, not only will you will NOT receive your pay, but, ye will face me! And I warn ye, here and now lass, I WILL DEFINITELY respond... in kind!! Dinnae forget the verra specific contract we agreed upon!”

“Hmph... spoilsport,” the catgirl replied, crossing her arms. “Fine, fine... I suppose it’s worth having to sheath my claws, considering the amount you’re paying me.” Thinking to herself Manx still has her own ideas... Besides, who said anything about killing little miss hottie? I said I wanted to play with her! After all, I still remember how powerfully she was affected when I dosed her with my Icarus powder the first time we met. She might be protected from any kind of mental influence or mind control, but, does her ‘Goddess’ protect her from drugs or chemicals? I think I should answer that question for myself.

Turning away from Manx, Eugene sighed softly. He didn’t need to glance over to notice the others all staring in his direction. His decision to include a genuine villain, a woman that was a proven and wanted criminal in her own right, in their plans, had been hotly contested from the very beginning. Add in the fact that, despite his precautions, he was very much playing with fire just having her there, taking an almost unreasonable chance that she wouldn’t be able to follow the logic and actually guess his and the others’ secret identities. Manx’s biggest benefit was also her worst detractor—she was quite intelligent and highly unpredictable. Her catlike capriciousness and spontaneous nature were exactly the things they needed to counter Katie’s luck advantage. Unfortunately, or maybe in this instance, fortunately, she has already beaten Katie before. But it also made the villainess unreliable. There was always a chance that she would betray them all at the worst possible moment.

Though, he had, of course, already planned for that eventuality as well...

“All right. So if there are no other questions... that covers phase one. Taking out those four members will almost certainly prompt Cinema to become more aggressive and enter the fray herself. That’s where things get... tricky.” Tapping a few buttons, the hologram shifted bringing up a picture of Sabrina Cross, listing her vital stats as well. “Cinema is still largely an unknown. We know some of what her powers and abilities are, but not her full... menu of abilities. And we also don’t know the true extent of just how much raw power she possesses. The biggest danger is her psionic ability. She can apparently enthrall and enslave a person without direct contact, merely by making eye contact and focusing on them.”

His expression went grim. “Further, she can apparently affect multiple people at once, though this apparently drains her. She will need to be taken down fast and hard... the longer the battle goes, the greater the chance of her using her powers to turn any of us into her devoted and obedient slaves and bring us over to her side. If we’re not careful, we could end up fighting each other while she simply sits back and watches, waiting to then simply enslave the losers!”

“At least the women anyway,” Echo replied with a sigh. “She hasn’t shown any predilection or interest in enslaving men.”

“Doesn’t mean that she can’t,” Armor Man replied, “just that she hasn’t! Yet. But if push came to shove, I’d wager she’d happily fry our brains along with the others just as quickly. And, considering her sexual orientation, and what I’ve learned about her personal history with men, we’d probably end up rather low on her appreciation list, likely even to the point that we’d probably be wishing we were dead.” That sobered everyone up. “Now then... let’s go over our tactics for taking her down...”

* * *

“Again!”

Cinema grunted, focused, arms up in front of her face, her heels dug in tightly. An instant later, she winced as she got blasted from three separate angles. On her left side, stood Ultra Girl, arms outstretched, her microwave blasts hitting her full blast. To her right side stood Techna, her twin blasters set to overload, emitting even more energy than Ultra Girl! And then, directly in front stood the final member of the trio, Luminaire, hovering slightly off the ground, glowing brightly as her light beams struck hard and true. Sabrina grunted, her body still standing tall through the assault, even as the sheer physical force of the combined energy beams was pushing her back. Moreover, it was definitely starting to sting, not exactly hurt per se, but definitely enough for her to actually feel it. Her normal clothing had burnt up, destroyed from the very first assault, leading them to make some adjustments. Her sexy new, skin-tight costume, treated with a special formula Lacie had taken from her husband’s workshop, had held up remarkably so far, but this triple assault was still causing it to sizzle and smoke. With a bit of effort, Cinema growled, flinging her arms back, tossing aside the energy barrage, causing the three attackers to draw back.

“Goddess? Are you okay, my... love?” Eva asked, quickly moving toward her as Sabrina visibly sagged, panting slightly. Fine, she smiled as she waved the concerned blonde back, giving her slave a fierce grin. Despite the pain involved, or perhaps because of it, she was finding this level of training exhilarating. She’d commanded her thralls not to go easy on her, to attack her full strength as if she were truly their enemy. And despite their misgivings, they’d obeyed, hitting her with everything but the kitchen sink. And she was still standing. Even smiling. The girls, real actual, honest-to-goodness superheroines, were pushing her to her limits and she was rising to the challenge. It would be hard NOT to enjoy the training under such conditions.

“I’m good. Just a little winded,” she said, straightening up. “And a little hot under the collar,” she added with a laugh at the visible smoke trails coming from her dark purple bodysuit.

“I feel like changing things up a bit. How about physical attacks now?”

Smiling, Eva glanced over at the others, who nodded. Lacie and Roni stepped forward, both assuming a fighting stance. Cinema raised an eyebrow at the ninja. True, she was easily the most capable fighter out of them all, but nowhere near them in terms of weight class. “Are you sure you want to be a part of this, Roni, my sweet pet?” she asked her slave, frowning. “Lacie and I will be going full steam, and I wouldn’t want you getting hurt by accident.”

In response, both women chuckled. “No need to worry there, Mistress,” Lacie assured her. “I’ve trained and sparred with Roni often enough. Trust me, she knows how to handle herself against people much stronger than herself. And her psychic ‘sixth sense’ more than levels the playing field in terms of speed. You’ll be lucky to land a hit on her at all, actually.”

Cinema’s grin widened. “Hmm, I seem to remember doing pretty well the first time we fought, my pet. Although I admit, she definitely isn’t easy to hit. I’ll just take that as another challenge, then,” she stated, adopting her own battle stance. “Come on, ladies... let’s see what you’re made of!”

Almost as if they’d planned it, Omega Girl and Shinobi attacked, moving as one, instantly closing the distance between them. Sabrina actually gasped in surprise, bringing up her guard to deflect a kick from the black-clad ninja that seemed to come out of nowhere, only to end up pushed back by a brutal follow-up punch from Omega Girl, sending her skidding back a few steps. Grinning, her blood fired up, she charged forward in response, trading blows with both women, their combined movements juuusst slow enough for the naked eye to track. To her surprise and delight, Shinobi continued to evade and dodge her blows seemingly with ease, precluding her from having to pull her punches. Landing a glancing blow on her temple caused Lacie to back off for a moment, leaving their Mistress and the ninja alone for a sortie. Freed up, without an extra body to work around, Veronica drew back, eyes closed for a moment as she quickly focused her mind. Then, in the blink of an eye, she struck.

“Ooooofff!” Cinema grunted, staggering back a step, surprised by the sexy ninja’s hit. “Wha... wait. Hold up. Time!” she called, holding up a hand. Lacie and Roni drew back a bit. “Sorry... but, what the hell was that just now?” she asked, curious. Roni’s eyes widened, fearing that she’d done something wrong, but Sabrina shook her head. “Don’t worry, I’m not upset that you hit me. I’m just... surprised. I’m not sure exactly what happened...”

Taking a moment to close her eyes and concentrate, Sabrina mentally “rewound” the last few seconds, she saw it in her memory as it occurred, Shinobi drawing back, her muscles coiled in preparation for a strike... and then a flurry of motion... the ninja streaking forward, arm extending in a single palm strike to her face. It was fast, but Sabrina had seen her move, saw the attack coming, and had blocked, preparing to counter with a strike of her own... except that her blocking arm struck only air while Shinobi’s strike continued on, hitting her square in the chin. Sabrina explained aloud what she’d seen, and felt. “And right then, in that instant, at that moment in time, it was as if there were two Shinobis, one a ghostly, shadowy image of the other. I’d blocked the shadow, and the real one had managed to get in a hit.”

Roni glanced down at the gym mats covering the floor, blushing heatedly as she almost fell to her knees. She couldn’t help but feel ashamed, both at striking her beloved Mistress and for having surprised her, making it feel like she’d cheated somehow. “Um, y-yes, Goddess. That was... my ghost strike attack. It is... one of several secret techniques handed down from my clan for thousands of years. It is as you said... it casts a kind of ‘shadow self’ ahead of you that attacks an instant before you actually do, to confuse and disorient an opponent.” She shook her head, still glancing down. “It... was completely unfair of me to use it. I know... I just... you said to fight, to hold nothing back, so I—please forgive me, my Goddess!”

Gently, Sabrina lifted her chin, forcing her to raise her head. Roni gasped, finding herself staring deep into her Goddess’ eyes, “Veronica... my sweet slave... it’s fine. You have nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, I think that was... AWESOME!!” she admitted with a grin, before kissing Veronica. “I’ve studied several disciplines of both ancient Japanese and Chinese fighting styles for years from a TRUE MASTER, who shared some surprising secrets with me and even He never told me about anything like this. I had no idea that such things even existed! I mean, seriously?! Secret ninja techniques, ancient jitsu, ninja magic? Hah! I thought such things were fantasy, ideas for cartoons or Naruto!” She shook her head. “And now, suddenly I find out that some of them are actually real...” Feeling both happy and excited, she happily kissed Roni again.

Roni smiled wide at Her Goddess’s unexpected response to her successful attack. “Well, it IS a bit different from Shonen Jump, Mistress,” she said smirking. “It’s not magic, not exactly, nor psychic manipulation... but it does require perfect mastery of one’s chi. It is basically a way to fool an opponent’s senses... to make them see, feel, or sense something where there is nothing, and react accordingly. There are ten such techniques... and I’ve only mastered four of them myself.”

“Well, it is still very impressive, my pet” Cinema replied, thinking deeply. She wondered idly if she would be capable of mastering such an ability... but dismissed it for the moment. Attempting such a thing now would be impractical, considering their current situation. Hmm... but maybe once this whole episode with Eugene Frasier is dealt with... it would definitely be interesting to study and learn the ways of the ninja as well...

“Oh! Is, like, everyone, like taking a break, or something?”

The women glanced to the side as their sexy, blonde pixie cut companion made her way over. Ella Rutherford had changed substantially over the past several days. Not physically, per se. She was still the short, cute, adorably curved girl she’d been when her Mistress had enslaved her and brought her home from the mall. In every other way, however, the difference was night and day. Far from the shy mousy girl she’d been before, the new and definitely improved Ella was sexy, provocative, and very much in-your-face about it. Gone were the baggy sweaters and sweatpants when out and about, replaced with above-the-knee skirts, almost sheer tops, and/or skintight spandex that showed off her curves and then some. Strangely, rather unfortunately and... uniquely, her conversion had apparently lessened her intellect, giving her more of a bimbo personality, though she did still show moments of surprising intelligence and clarity now and again.

“We’re just taking a short break, Ella,” Eva replied with a nod, glancing at the two heroines following behind her. “And how has YOUR training been going so far, sister?”

“Meh,” Ella replied with a shrug. “you’d have to ask them about that, yanno? They’re like totally my trainers, after all!”

Bethany and Rose glanced at each other. “I suppose it could be going better,” Red Rocket stated. “She’s taken up combat and fight training fairly well. Despite her... ditziness, she actually has a rather strategic mind.”

“Seriously,” Rose nodded in agreement. “As in, it’s almost scary how good she is at high-level thinking, and adapting on the fly. It’s almost... automatic.” She sighed softly. “Now, if only she had better luck using her ice powers...”

Therein was the rub. As hard as she tried, as hard as she pushed herself, Ella couldn’t seem to do much with her cold powers other than generating a moderately cold area around her. With a lot of effort, she could freeze the water vapor in the air enough to create literal snow, but no actual ice. She could create ice by freezing water, provided she was able to touch it directly, which was interesting but hardly useful. In a fight against other Supers, she was little more than a distraction.

And yet, somehow, Sabrina knew that there was more to her than what she was showing. She could feel it... sense it about her. Ella, in a lot of ways, reminded her of herself. For the longest time, growing up, she’d felt repressed, as if there was something inside of her, clawing and scraping, trying to free itself. Now, with her formidable array of powers revealed, she understood much better. For her, it had taken that horrible horrible headache, that intense, sudden pain that had surged thru her entire body, to break her out of her shell. And she suspected that it was the same for her little Snow Bunny... that it would take some kind of trauma or a major push for her to show her true powers.

“Okay, then,” Eva announced, reclaiming everyone’s attention. “If you’re ready to continue, Goddess, then we should...” she stopped short, frowning. Raising a hand, she closed her eyes... then scowled. “Shit... shit... shit!!” she cursed, hands clenching into fists. “Forgive me my Goddess... but I’m afraid we need to cut the training lesson short. I just received a telepathic message from Eugene Frasier,” she said with obvious distaste. “He wants to speak to you—just you. He’s left the number to a secure private phone number back at home, in your study... with your Mother, Morgan.”

That made Sabrina freeze in place. “He... WHAT!??!” she hissed, sudden fury rolling off of her in waves. “He... gave a message... to my MOTHER?!? Do you mean he... he actually went inside my home while we were here training—”

“No! No, Mistress,” Lacie said quickly, shaking her head. “I’ve been watching your home with my Goddess Sight since we moved back in. My husband hasn’t been anywhere near it. He must have simply used the mailman—I did see him drop off a letter there half an hour ago.” Sabrina sighed, somewhat mollified, but still upset. Suddenly, Sabrina felt a little too... vulnerable. When it came time, would Frasier target her mom? Use Morgan to get to her? Of course, he would! Damn, now she would have to plan for that!! She would NEVER let anything happen to her mom!!

“Fine. Frasier sent me a message, wants to talk? Oh yes, we’ll... talk,” she said as she and the others all gathered around, joining hands with Lacie. “I just hope he’s ready... because I seriously doubt that he’s going to like what I have to say!”