The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

“Payment”

by ”URN My Power

The young Shah was astounded by the lushness of the place. A strangely even division marked the exact end of the desert and the exact beginning of the lush tropical paradise. It seemed as though the windblown dust of the desert dared not encroach upon the territory which lay carpeted in beautiful green grass and colorful flowers. The first of the trees stood a good ten paces back from the end of the desert. As he stepped from desert soil to lush grass, he felt an odd tingle, and the magical barrier shimmered.

So it IS magic. he thought to himself. The moon shone down on the mystic valley between the dunes like a favored daughter. The temperature had changed noticeably as the young ruler of Persia had crossed the barrier. Within the valley, the heat absorbed during the day did not radiate up through the Shah’s boots, as it did outside. The air was comfortably cool, not too hot, not too cold. The Shah stepped gently, not wanting to disturb the beautiful grass, lest someone find the traces of his passing. He had a sense of silent screaming with each stem he bruised. He found stepping stones and took to walking on them. The odd sense ebbed, then vanished. He glanced back at his horse, standing warily at the edge of the vale, fearing to enter its magical embrace. The Shah moved along the stepping stones until he came to a place where moonlight shone brightly on a dew-speckled flower—the most beautiful flower the Shah had ever seen. My new bride would look with love on such a beautiful flower. he thought, and, without thinking, plucked the flower from the ground. He sensed silent screaming, much more powerful than what he had sensed when he had entered. Then, he sensed a great anger coming from behind him. He whirled and dove just in time to avoid a searing ball of flame coming from the hand of a sorcerer.

“Thief!” the sorcerer exclaimed. “Infidel! How dare you defile my garden!”

“Please, I meant no harm!” the Shah exclaimed. “I sought only to bring a beautiful flower to my new bride!”

“I know. You believed she would look with love on such a flower...and in turn, would finally look with love upon you, perhaps.” the sorceror said. “Know this, infidel. None may steal from the garden of Ali Myrdhynn and live.”

“A trade then.” the Shah proposed, getting to his feet and remounting the stepping stones, fearful to damage yet another of the sorcerer’s plants. “Let me go, and my most precious posession will be yours.”

“An interesting proposition, coming from a Shah of Persia, but not one that should be made lightly.”

“I make no bargain lightly, Ali Myrdhynn.” the Shah replied. “I am the Shah of Persia, as you have already deduced. You may also know that I have not yet an heir to the throne. Without me, Persia would fall into chaos.”

“True.” Ali Myrdhynn said. “Very well, young Shah. In twenty years’ time, I shall come for your most prized posession. Take heed, however. That is no ordinary flower you grip so crushingly in your hand. It is an enchanted flower. Each year, one of its twenty petals will fall. The fallen petals have remarkable healing powers. A single petal may heal any wound and cure any illness. The flower does not, however, have the power to wake the dead. Such potency is reserved for higher beings than reside on this earth. Further, a petal untimely ripped from the bud of the flower shall be stripped of its power, and shall reduce the time you have until my coming by one year.”

“I understand.” replied the Shah.

“Then be gone with you. Mark my words, and remember them always. When the last petal falls, I will collect what is mine.” The Shah glanced around, and found himself standing in his own courtyard, his horse at his side. He looked at the flower in his hand, which seemed so vibrant with life, despite the fact that its life-giving sap dripped drop by drop from its rent stem to drop to the ground in a rhythm like the ticking of some dread clock. The Shah had a dread feeling that the repayment of his debt would hurt him more deeply than one of the sorcerer’s fireballs.

* * *

The Shah’s first wife gave him two children. The first, born nine months to the second after the Shah’s return from the garden of Ali Myrdhynn, was a daughter more beautiful than any child the Shah had ever seen. From the moment of her birth, the Shah’s beloved little Lal had looked on her father with the most beautiful jade-green eyes ever beheld by anyone, noble or otherwise. Two years later, his wife died giving birth to their son. When the Shah had learned that she was losing blood, he had rushed to fetch one of the petals from the enchanted flower’s case, but he was not swift enough. Though the Shah’s other wives gave him children, none could take his first Queen’s place in his heart, nor could any of his other daughters rival the beauty of his firstborn.

Lal was nineteen when she noticed how worried her father looked. She knew it had something to do with the flower which dropped a petal each year, because she had often watched him watching it. She knew that the petal always fell on the same night every year, at the stroke of midnight. Thinking that it might be part of some spell, and guessing by his worry that something terrible would happen when the last petal fell, she decided to try to make him feel better. She fixed the Shah his favorite meal after the cook had gone to bed, then called him up to her chambers. She spent several hours with him, and for a time he forgot whatever was worrying him. As midnight approached, a shadow of the worry returned to him, and he seemed to be trying to decide whether or not to tell her something.

“What is it, Father?” she asked.

“It’s time I told you what’s been worrying me.” he replied. “Dearest Lal, twenty years ago this night I made a mistake which almost cost me my life, and almost cost Persia its Shah. I mistakenly entered the realm of a sorcerer called Ali Myrdhynn. I plucked a flower from his garden, and from nowhere he appeared, attacking me in defense of his kingdom. I knew that were I to die, a young Shah with no male siblings and no heirs, Persia would be plunged into chaos. What I didn’t know was how dear a price I would pay when I bargained my most precious posession for my life. He told me that he would come to collect on that debt when the last petal on my ill-gotten flower fell.”

“It’s me, isn’t it?” Lal asked. There was no trace of hatred or betrayal in her voice. From her tone, one would think she had asked “Nice night, isn’t it?”

“I’m afraid it is.” the Shah replied, sadly.

“A rather abbreviated tale,” said Ali Myrdhynn’s distinctive voice from the balcony, “told with the tone of one who knows he’s neglected half of the things he’s wanted to do, putting them off as if it would put off the repayment of his debt.”

“Has the final petal fallen already?” the Shah asked.

“It has.” Ali Myrdhynn said. “But it seems I’ve interrupted something important. I’ve waited this long, I can wait a little longer; I’ll give you until dawn. You and your daughter must be on the balcony when the sun peeks over the horizon. But don’t try anything funny. I’m watching.” With that he was gone.

“He’s given us time.” the Shah said. “There are some things I’ve wanted to tell you all your life...”

* * *

“I’m ready, Ali Myrdhynn.” Lal said to the empty predawn air.

“Your father didn’t have the heart to watch you go.” Ali Myrdhynn said, his voice coming from just below the balcony. He arose, and Lal could see that he was standing on the head of a massive Dragon. “I don’t blame him.” The sorceror’s tone was sympathetic. “I’d feel the same way were I in his position.”

“But you’re not.” Lal said coldly.

“Your father made a bargain with me of his own free will.” Ali Myrdhynn said. “I warned him not to make such a bargain lightly, and I tried to soften the blow with the enchantment I placed on the flower.”

“He’s used those magic petals to heal me when I was sick.” Lal reflected. Ali Myrdhynn reached out his hand, and helped Lal onto the Dragon’s huge, reptillian muzzle. Herud, her brother, charged onto the balcony.

“In the name of the Empire, I command you leave my sister alone!” he yelled. He leaped onto the Dragon’s muzzle and slashed with his scimitar. The Dragon flapped its wings and powered skyward. Ali Myrdhynn parried with his own sword. Lal felt herself falling and grabbed the ridges which ran down the Dragon’s back. She held on as best she could, but her grip failed and she fell. The palace which had been her home looked like a dollhouse as she plunged through the air. Without warning she felt huge, reptillian talons around her, then the Dragon pulled up. The G-force of the sudden change in direction caused Lal to pass out.

* * *

When Lal awoke, what she saw defied all her expectations. She was lying on a marble slab which lay just under the water of a strangely relaxing pool. Unknown scents wafted up with the steam that rose from it. A wooden tray floated across the surface to her, laden with delicacies Lal had only seen in tribute-baskets, and never this fresh. Gentle hands were massaging her back, and out of the corner of her eye she caught a reflection of another young woman, wearing exactly what Lal was wearing—which is to say, absolutely nothing. A second set of female hands was busily rubbing scented oils on Lal’s body.

“It’s nice to see you’re awake.” said the girl who was rubbing oils on her.

“Why am I naked?” Lal asked.

“Because we wouldn’t want to get your clothes wet. Or ours, for that matter. Besides, we’re all girls here. It’s not like we’re a couple of leering men who want to do nasty things to you.”

“Where’s Ali Myrdhynn?” Lal asked.

“You’ll see the Archmage soon enough.” said the masseuse. “He’s busy in the garden right now.”

“Doing what?”

“What he always does when he’s out there.” the oil-rubbing girl replied. “Hungry?” Lal reached out her hand and got a piece of fruit from the floating tray and popped it into her mouth.

* * *

Lal found Ali Myrdhynn in the garden, just as the others had said. She was dressed in an odd kind of robe she’d never seen before—the masseuse had called it a “kimono.” It was decorated up one side and down the other with an odd kind of dragon she’d never seen before—one with a long, snakelike body, short legs and no wings. The light material felt good against her skin, and the colors were pretty. The Archmage was using his magic to accellerate the growth of some of the plants in the garden. Glowing blue energy flowed from his hands, causing plants to shoot from the ground like water from a fountain. Trees exploded in fountains of color as blossoms appeared from buds in an instant. Vines embraced the trees, blossoming into beautiful forms. Swirling patterns of ground-based flowers spiraled out from the trees to mingle with other spirals, forming pattens more intricate than those she had seen in the rugs and tapestries in the palace. At Ali Myrdhynn’s command, spiders appeared and began to weave glistening shawls on the trees and vines.

“It’s beautiful.” she said.

“Thank you.” the Archmage replied. He smiled as he saw her reluctance to tread on the plants in the garden and ruin his masterpiece.

“You maintain these plants with your magic?” she asked.

“I maintain this whole valley with my magic.” Ali Myrdhynn said. “If you’re going to try to run away, you’d best do it before this evening.”

“What happens this evening?” Lal asked.

“Nothing for you to be afraid of.” Ali Myrdhynn said. “Just a little spell to keep your fool brother from taking you out of here—and he will try, believe me.”

“You didn’t kill him.” Lal observed.

“No. He is heir to the Persian throne, after all, and your Empire’s hope for the future.”

“It’s too bad you can’t know him like I know him.” Lal said. “He’s really sweet. He looks up to me.”

“That’s why he’s not going to leave this be.” Ali Myrdhynn replied. “I pray I don’t have to kill him. He has all the makings of a wise ruler.”

“I can see why you felt so cheated when my father took your flower. It must have been the centerpiece of a beautiful work of art.”

“He didn’t just take it.” Ali Myrdhynn said. “He ripped it from its roots without regard for its life-force.”

“You’ve got some kind of special bond with them, don’t you?” Lal asked.

“All sorcerers are closely bound to the world around them. It’s what gives them their power. Druids, warlocks and archmages in particular are close to the earth. We feel the same violation the plants do when someone rips them from the ground which nurtures them and condemns them to a slow death in a vase.”

“A slow death...” Lal muttered, feeling suddenly guilty for all the flowers she had put in vases for her father when he was feeling sad or sick. She felt Ali Myrdhynn’s hand on her shoulder.

“You didn’t know. You couldn’t, not with the limited education you get from the nonmagical. But the life-force of the plants protected in my valley is stronger, and they can make themselves heard more clearly. Your father felt the grass scream when he bruised the blades. He should have known the flower would scream even more loudly when he ripped it away. It would be like me ripping you in half, just above the stomach.” Lal was crying now. Ali Myrdhynn drew her to him in an embrace. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I just get so passionate when it comes to living things.”

* * *

“Princess Lal has been kidnapped by a sorcerer.” Herud said, addressing the Palace Guard. “We must find this Ali Myrdhynn and take back our belived Princess before he casts some dark spell over her. I have trained with many of you, learned your strengths and weaknesses, and thus have assigned each of you to tasks which I believe will make our fighting force stronger as a whole. Kasim, you stay by my side. I will need your wisdom to guide me.” At that, an older Guardsman stepped forward and bowed deeply. “The scouts will report to Amal. My father tells me there is much vegetation in Myrdhynn’s land, and it will be easy to get lost once we’re past the tree line. The mediocre swordsmen will blaze a trail for us through the plants with their scimitars, and will serve as the first wave should we be forced to engage in swordplay. The best warriors will be the extraction force, to be commanded by Hamar. Naturally, Myrdhynn will want to destroy me, so I will lead the second diversion team. Akbar will lead the first. Be ready for anything. Sorcerers are tricky.”

“What if he turns us all into fish before we even catch sight of his valley?” asked one of the young swordsmen.

“That’s why we’re bringing the magician Shamash with us. He knows a few things about dispelling dark magic.” The magician in question stepped forward and took his place just behind the Prince. “Mount your horses, we’re moving out.”

* * *

“I’ve never heard of the house of Myrdhynn.” Lal mused as several young ladies were preparing her for the spell. “Ali I recognize; it’s fairly common with Arabic royals.”

“Actually, Ali Myrdhynn’s a title.” one of the young women said offhandedly. “Myrdhynn is the name given to a grandmaster of archmagery. Ali is Arabic for ‘placed on the highest.’”

“So he’s the highest archmage?” Lal asked.

“Pretty much. He’s forgotten more about magework than most other archmages will ever learn.”

“So what’s his real name?”

“You’ll learn that when the time is right. It’s almost sunset. We’d better finish you up.”

“No sense getting in a rush and making a mistake.” Lal replied. “We can always do this tomorrow.”

“Don’t be so nervous, Princess. You’ll only feel silly when it’s all done and you realize you’ve gotten all worked up over nothing.”

“So what are you going to do for your birthday party tomorrow?” one of the girls asked.

“I’m not sure.” the other replied.

“You’re having a birthday tomorrow?” Lal asked. “That’s great. How old will that make you? Sixteen? Seventeen?”

“Ha!” the other girl said. “I was that old when I came here. I’ll be six hundred and twenty-three years old tomorrow. One of the benefits of life in the valley, even if you do have to spend all those years in an area only about five days’ hard ride in each direction.”

“Only five days’ hard ride?” Lal asked. “I never covered that distance my whole life, except when I was brought here, but that was dragonback.”

“Don’t let her get you worked up.” said a fourth girl. “Her father was an Avar horseman. They moved around a lot.”

“Oh. Okay.”

* * *

Lal felt a little woozy from all the oils and incense that she had been treated with. Fortunately, she was kneeling. The two who had escorted her in folded her kimono neatly and handed it to Ali Myrdhynn before leaving the room. Ali Myrdhynn laid the kimono down before him, then he knelt on the other side of a smoking censer. Smoke swirled and made patterns in the air that Lal hadn’t seen smoke make before. She realized the patterns must be magically created. She felt dizziness wash over her as the new scent mingled with the other scents coming from her body. Ali Myrdhynn began to chant, and Lal felt an odd tingle. The tingle began to grow more powerful, becoming a swell of energy. Of its own volition, her body moved. She rose to her feet, shoulders back, chest arched forward. As Ali Myrdhynn continued to chant, her mouth began to move, and soon she was chanting as well. Thinking became difficult. Its importance seemed to wane. Only the chant mattered now. She chanted along with Ali Myrdhynn and the power grew. She felt her legs move, and she drew closer to the bed. Her body arranged itself seductively on the bed, still chanting. She was helpless. Utterly helpless. She surrendered, letting Ali Myrdhynn take complete control. Her body became aroused and her woman’s opening lubricated itself. Ali Myrdhynn positioned his hardening cock at the entrance to her slit. Lal’s will waned even further. He moved himself around her, teasing her with pleasure. She was beginning to pant. As he inserted himself a little bit at a time, she felt herself clenching on his cock. She felt a sudden white-hot pain as he shoved through her hymen. As the pain subsided, the pleasure returned, washing over her like water from an exploding dam. Suddenly her body shuddered as she achieved orgasm. She felt consciousness fading as the spell ended and the magic around her ebbed.

* * *

Lal didn’t really want to wake up, but her body was telling her it was hungry, and something nearby smelled good. She opened her eyes and found that she was wrapped in the protective embrace of Ali Myrdhynn.

“Good morning, sleepyhead.” he said. “How do you feel?”

“Like a new butterfly whose wings just dried off.” Lal said. “But I could sure use something to eat.”

“Of course.” Ali Myrdhynn said. “Keiko, she’s ready.” He sat her up, and a dark-haired young woman with almond-shaped eyes set a tray down in front of her. She surprised herself with her own appetite. She made very appreciative noises as she sampled meats and vegetables she had never even heard of before.

“So, um, what all did that spell do?” Lal asked.

“It’s a powerful sex ritual.” Ali Myrdhynn replied, dipping a morsel of some unknown food into a white dipping sauce and popping it into his mouth. “It binds you to me and my domain. We will feel each other’s pain, but in my heart beats the life-force. If some asshole skewers you, I can still heal you and everything will be fine. I, on the other hand, sustain this entire realm, and if I die, it dies with me. Second, you can never disobey me. I’ll show you. Stand up and finger yourself.” Lal stood, surprising herself with the suddenness of the motion. Her hand immediately went to her twat. The hand played with her body as if it had a mind of its own. She came powerfully, her knees almost buckling, but his command to stand preventing her from allowing herself to do so. “You can stop now.” he said. Lal sank to her knees. “The final condition is that you can never leave my realm except under special circumstances which I prepare a special magical allowance for.”

“So, in a word, I’m yours.” Lal said. At Ali Myrdhynn’s nod, Lal folded herself into his arms. He held out a morsel of something golden-brown with an odd crust, half covered in white dipping sauce. “What’s that?” she asked.

“Fried fish.” he said. “Try it.” Lal did, and made appreciative noises as pleasurable flavors exploded in her mouth. “Would you like some more?” Lal nodded, and Ali Myrdhynn reached down to the tray and grabbed another piece, dipping it in the sauce and bringing it to Lal’s lips. As Lal chewed the delectable delicacy, she heard the sound of beating wings outside. Ali Myrdhynn rose and walked to the window. He moved something out of the way—Lal guessed it was glass, but she had never seen any so clear—and a woman with beautiful, white wings entered the room. Lal had once seen one of the mythical Win-Lan “angels” up close, so she knew that this young woman was not a Win-Lan. Her eyes were softly glowing orbs of a single color that changed with her moods. She had soft, olive-toned skin, while Win-Lan had fair skin. She had long, dark hair, while Win-Lan were all strawberry blonde. She was wearing clothing that seemed to be inspired by the legends of the Pixies—an odd chestpiece in the shape of hands that supported her large, volumptuous breasts as though offering them to the viewer, without really hiding anything, and sinuous leggings that drew the viewer’s attention to her love-tunnel. “Lal, I’d like you to meet Celeste, an Ariel.”

“I’ve never heard of an Ariel before.”

“They’re named after an Elven elemental who seems destined to serve one benevolent master after another.” Ali Myrdhynn explained. “They are humans transformed by magic into beings capable of flight, among other things. They make excellent messengers and scouts because of their magically-enhanced senses. Come. Touch her.” Lal approached the Ariel and touched her arm. Ali Myrdhynn sighed. “Her breast, Lal.” Lal gently touched the Ariel’s breast. The nipple hardened under her hand, and she could see her moistening nether region. She touched the nipple with her thumb, and the Ariel began to tremble.

“What’s happening?” Lal asked, feeling herself respond to an odd feeling of power she had over the Ariel.

“I told you an Ariel’s senses were magically enhanced. Celeste here is simply suffering a pleasure overload. You can stop now.” Lal reluctantly withdrew her hand from the Ariel’s breast. “What’s the news, Celeste?” The Ariel blinked her lust-tinted orbs until her dazed mind could recall why she had come. “There are strangers approaching from the north. One of them matched the illusion you showed us of the Prince Herud.”

“It seems your brother has decided to mount a foolhardy rescue mission.”

“Even if I could leave, I’m not sure I’d want to.”

“Unfortunately, I doubt your brother is going to take no for an answer.”

* * *

“My Prince, I believe we should reconsider, um, hacking our way through the Archmage’s realm.” Kasim said. “From the account our Shah gave us, it was his defilement of Ali Myrdhynn’s garden which brought down the sorceror’s wrath.”

“You have a better idea?” Herud asked. His tone was not disrespectful. Herud’s love of the elder Guardsman was subordinate only to his love for his father and sister.

“His Majesty mentioned stepping stones.” Kasim said. “Perhaps we should find these stones. His majesty said he could see his horse from one of the stones, so they obviously are visible from the edge of his realm.”

“I see.” Herud replied. “So long as we do not harm his plants, which he seems to have some rapport with, we can perhaps sneak into his realm unmolested.”

“Perhaps we should show him that we are willing to negotiate peacefully for the Princess’ return.”

“Perhaps you are right. If we can avoid bloodshed, then so much the better.” Herud said. “New plan, everyone.” he said, loud enough for the others to hear.

* * *

The rescue party kept their swords sheathed, and kept to the paved paths so as not to harm any of Ali Myrdhynn’s plants. Thus, the Archmage allowed them to pass safely to his palace. Upon entering, they found themselves in awe at the majesty of the main hall. They ascended the steps to the platform where Ali Myrdhynn sat, awaiting them, attended by seven human servants and guarded by several armed Ariels.

“Ali Myrdhynn,” Herud began, in as respectful a tone as he could muster, “I am Herud, Prince of Persia. I have come to ask Your Greatness for the release of my dear sister, Lal. You have but to name your desire, Archmage, and I will bring it to you if it is in my power.”

“I will be honest and to the point with you, Prince Herud, and I will expect no less from you.” Ali Myrdhynn said. “My desires in life are as follows: the preservation of living beauty, a description which most certainly applies to your sister, and the repayment of any and all debts. Twenty years ago, your father took an enchanted flower from my garden in a most barbaric way. Rather than taking the roots and enough soil for the plant to grow in and placing it lovingly in a pot, as such a beautiful plant deserves, he ripped it off midstem.” The Archmage made a gesture, and the Prince felt the same pain Ali Myrdhynn had felt through his connection with the plant. “Such a violation demands some form of pennance. Your father promised me his most prized posession, to be collected in twenty years’ time.”

“A person is not a posession.” Herud said.

“Your culture’s own actions suggest you believe otherwise.” Ali Myrdhynn replied. “Alliance marriages and collecting wives like status symbols, need I go on?”

“Archmage, please try to look at it from my point of view. Lal is my sister. She is also the closest thing I have to a mother. I have looked up to her from childhood. In my position, what would you think if you found your sister being spirited away on dragonback?”

“Your father didn’t even give you the chance to say goodbye, did he?”

“No.” Herud replied. “He did not.”

“I see no reason you shouldn’t have such a chance.” Ali Myrdhynn made a gesture, and a door Herud hadn’t seen before opened. Lal stepped forward into the throne room as though she’d been hiding back there the whole time. “You are free to move about the palace grounds if you wish, but she cannot leave my kingdom.”

“Thank you, Archmage.” Herud said, thankful for any opportunity which might present itself. Outside, Lal led him to a marble bench which was surprisingly comfortable.

“I see that look in your eye, Herud.” Lal said. “You’re trying to think of a way to get me out of here without Ali Myrdhynn noticing. You’ll only end up wasting what time we have.”

“Lal, you’re behaving strangely...” Herud began.

“A lot has happened in the last couple of days, Herud.” Lal replied. “Things you would never understand. Even if I wanted to leave, I’d just bounce off the protective barrier like a rock on a wall. It’s not as bad as you think. Many of the girls here have been living happily for over a thousand years. There’s no reason I can’t either. Just promise me you’ll bring your children by to visit every now and then.”

“Lal...I...”

“Don’t.” Lal replied. “I know you’re going to miss me. I’m going to miss you too. And Father. And all our half-siblings. But Father passed me a big responsibility when he bargained for his life. Now I have to see it through.”

“I understand.” Herud said. Lal gave her brother a gentle peck on the cheek.

“I’m already having more fun than I ever did at the palace.” Lal continued. “Maybe I’ll write home and tell you about it.”

“Please do.” Herud said.

“Alright, I will.” Lal said. “It’s a weird situation, isn’t it, Herud?”

“Yes, it is.”

“It’s better this way.” she assured him. “I’d better say goodbye to the Palace Guard.” As she headed back towards the Archmage’s palace, she turned back toward Herud. “Remember, you promised.” Herud chuckled softly, utterly disarmed. She had always had that effect on him.

End.