The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Not the Alice He Once Knew

By Kentauros

Part 1

James didn’t know how he had lived without Alice before. She was his better half, and meeting her in Freshman year of college had felt like destiny. He had been a nerdy virgin, who still had a lot to learn about social interaction and she had been perfect. Smart, sexy and most importantly, kind. Anyone talking to Alice always had the feeling that they were getting her full attention—and she seemed to have an endless reservoir of patience and compassion to help the people around her.

Sure, James had noticed a few of her quirks. She absolutely refused to use any form of social media, and her outfits were all things she had made herself by hand with more emphasis on comfort and her unique style, than typical crowd-following. But these things just added to her charm.

And so, he had taken the plunge and asked her out, and miraculously, she had said yes.

It had been six years since then, and while they had had their ups and downs, they had remained committed and supportive of one another for all that time. Alice didn’t know it, but James had actually bought a ring and was planning to ask her to marry him at the right opportunity.

James decided that the perfect place would be the very same state faire they had had their first date at. It had been an odd choice for a first date, but things had gone wonderfully there.

It seemed like the universe was looking out for James, because the weather was perfect, and the atmosphere of the faire was as happy and full of life and hope as it ever was. James could hardly have wished for a better opportunity.

They walked around, looking at the booths from companies around their city—home refurbishing they didn’t need, scalp massagers, artists—and listening to the music drifting from the live shows going on all around the faire.

Then they came to a large tent that said, “Hypnotist Show.”

Alice pointed, “Looks like there’s a show starting in 10 minutes, wanna check it out?”

James shrugged. He wasn’t that into hypnosis—he had always suspected that it was all fake. That the so-called “hypnotists” just took advantage of people’s willingness to go along with things, and that there was no such thing as a “trance state.”

But Alice seemed really interested in going, and James wanted everything before the big moment when he popped the question to go great, so he decided to go along with it.

They managed to get a seat in the second row, and had a great view of the stage. They could see a sound guy moving back and forth, and the man who was probably the hypnotist kept adjusting the mic he was wearing as the sound system made strange noises.

James was surprised at how fast 10 minutes went. It was like he blinked, and suddenly he and Alice were surrounded by people waiting for the show to start.

The lights in the tent went dim, and a spotlight shined on the stage showing the hypnotist and a bunch of chairs.

“Hello, Ladies, gentlemen and distinguished guests of all stripes! I am Doctor Senmensa, your hypnotic guide for the evening, and I am going to show you the incredible power of the human mind.”

James only half-paid attention to the introduction. It was pretty boiler plate, explaining all the same fake rules of hypnosis that every show like this did.

Then the hypnotist started calling people up from the audience.

James was mildly entertained by the show, but Alice seemed enthrallled. Doctor Senmensa made a few male volunteers act like dainty women, and the audience laughed at them walking and swinging their hips and trying to get the attention of an imaginary guy walking past. There was a woman who was made to act like a dog, and even did a few tricks for the audience. There was a woman who mentioned that she was a teacher when asked who was made to act like a little kid.

Then Doctor Senemensa said he had time for one more act, and that he’d need one more volunteer from the audience.

“Yes, how about you, young lady?” he said.

James eyes widened when he realized that the hypnotist was pointing at Alice right beside him, whose hand was raised high into the air.

Alice smiled excitetedly at James, and got up from her seat, and joined Doctor Senmensa on the stage.

“Hello, there,” Doctor Senmensa. “What’s your name?”

“I’m Alice,” she said a little nervously into the mic.

“Alice, that’s a lovely name,” Doctor Senmensa said. “Now, I hope you don’t mind me asking, but I’m sure my audience would love to know. Where do you shop for your wonderful clothes?” He motioned to her baggy colorful pants and her frilly blouse that had art designs all over it.

“Oh, I make these myself,” she said.

“Oh, are you a clothing designer?”

“No, nothing like that,” she laughed nervously. “I’m a coordinator for MalariCare a charity that sends mosquito nets to underpriveleged communities in the third world to protect them from malaria.”

“Oh, very commendable,” Dr. Senmensa replied. “Why don’t we give her a round of applause.”

The audience clapped, but no one was louder than James. He was always proud of his girlfriend’s big heart.

“Alright, so you make your own clothes, but not for work. I take it you’ve got a big Instagram following?”

Alice blushed. “Actually, I, uh, don’t even have Instagram.”

“Well, the plot thickens! I think that’s enough for now. Why don’t we start the hypnosis.”

Alice nodded.

Dr. Senmensa pulled out a metronome and put it infront of Alice.

“Alright, I’m going to turn this on, and I want you to just follow its motion back and forth, can you do that? You can? Good.” He set it down, and started it.

Alice’s eyes followed the motion back and forth, back and forth. James was surprised. He always considered Alice independent, so he never thought she’d be the type to play along with fake stage hyonosis, but she seemed to be getting a far-away look in her eyes, and it was clear she was getting more and more pulled in to the motion of the metronome. James figure that it must be because she enjoyed hypnosis so much that she was playing along—there was no way she was really being hypnotized. He’d have to ask her afterwards what was going through her head.

“Alright, you’re getting sleepier with each motion of the metronome. Left, sleepier. Right, sleepier. Left, right, left, right, you feel your eyes getting heavier and heavier.”

Alice’s eyes started to flutter, and eventually they closed.

“Good, I’m going to snap my fingers, and you will be completely under.” Snap.

Alice slumped forward a little. She seemed completely oblivious to anything going on around her.

“Now, Alice,” the hypnotist said in his relaxing voice. “I can tell by our short conversation earlier that you’re a very kind woman who thinks for herself. But I want you to become someone else for a bit. You are no longer Alice, who works at a charity, makes her own clothes and swears off all social media. No, you are now Alice, an incredibly vain woman, whose only concern is looking pretty and gaining a large amount of followers online. Do you understand?”

Alice seemed to process his words for a time, but eventually she nodded.

“That’s right Alice, when I snap my fingers, you’re not going to care about other people’s feelings. You’ll be the most important person in the world, and you’ll know that everything revolves around you. You’ll look down on girls who are less pretty than you, and you’ll want to tear down every other girl. You’ll remember it being like this your whole life. You were like this even back in high school.”

Alice mumbled. “I’m... most important.... most pretty.”

“That’s right, waking up in 3, 2, 1.” Snap.

Alice sat up and opened her eyes. James could tell the difference instantly. Gone was the modest, caring, free-willed woman he had come to love, and in her place was a very snooty and judgemental young woman. Alice’s mannerisms were perfect—she seemed to be channeling a Kim Kardashian attitude, but with an extra dash of bitchiness thrown in.

“Ugh, what am I wearing?” she said, looking down at her outfit.

“Just a bit of hypnotic fun,” Dr. Senmensa said. “We actually have a changing room out back if you want to change into something else?”

Alice looked at Dr. Senmensa as if he was stupid. If she wanted to change into something else? Why would she spend another minute in these hippie clothes?

Alice stood up, and walked backstage to where Dr. Senmensa had motioned. She held herself differently from before. Before there had been a bit of hesitation in her. Deferrence to the people around her, but now she walked like she was the hottest thing around, and she held herself back for no one.

Alice walked back stage, and though the audience couldn’t see it, there were several assistants who were all waiting to help her quickly change into a new, better outfit. Alice was surprised that they seemed to have an outfit in her size, and was impressed at the speed with which the make up artist back stage redid her make up. She had just enough time to do a duck face in the mirror, and nod approvingly, before the assistants pushed her back out onto the stage.

Alice strutted back onto the stage, confident in her new, improved outfit. James didn’t know what to think seeing her new outfit. It oozed sexuality—as she walked back and forth to audience applause, James noticed the way it showed off her flat, athletic tummy, the tantalizing hints of skin offered by the strings tied off in the back, and her ample cleavage being on full display. And down below, the miniskirt that she was wearing strained against her butt and showed off her amazing, smooth legs.

On one hand, James loved it. It was the sexiest thing he had ever seen his girlfriend wearing.

On the other hand, he felt a bit uncomfortable with the fixed gaze of the audience around him. This felt like something only he and Alice should be privy to, but her body was on display for everyone. Sure, James always knew that Alice was a total knock-out, with amazing curves, but her modest and quirky style rarely put that on display for the whole world to see.

“Now, Alice, why don’t you tell us a little bit about yourself?” Dr. Senmensa, said, holding out a microphone.

“Well, I’m Alice,” she said, posing a bit. “And one day I’m going to be famous! That’s right, I don’t care what anyone else thinks—soon everyone is going to know my name. You’re going to see me in magazines, and you’re going to be buying my make up, and my bags and my clothes because I’m the one selling them.”

The audience cheered, amazed at yet another incredible hypnotic transformation. Even James ended up clapping. He was still a bit skeptical of hypnosis, but he didn’t think Alice had this kind of acting talent in her—it was genuinely impressive to see the change she had just underwent. Maybe there was something to this hypnosis thing after all?

“Why don’t we take a photo together, to commemorate this moment?” the hypnotist said.

Alice smiled. She pulled out her phone, and took a selfie with the hypnotist. She took a few pictures, and immediately started thinking about what filters she would use, and where she would be posting this.

“Alright,” Dr. Senmensa said. “Why don’t we give a round of applause to Alice.”

The audience clapped. James smiled at his girlfriend. It would be so funny showing her the pictures she had just taken. She would hardly believe what had happened.

“Alright, why don’t you go back to your seat.”

Alice walked back, and sat down next to James.

“And that’s all for today! This was my last show of the day, but I’ll be back tomorrow for even more hypnotic fun. You’ve been an amazing audience. My assistants are going to come out soon, and take donations which are all appreciated.”

There was a flash on stage, and Dr. Senmensa disappeared, and white smoke started to filter onto the stage. The assistants came from back stage holding hats, and audience members started filing out or shuffling up to donate.

Except.

James looked over at Alice. The hypnotist had forgotten to change her back! She was still acting like a self-obsessed bitch.

Alice looked over at James, and yawned. “Well, that was a waste of time. Shall we leave?”

James shook his head. “No, wait, he’s got to turn you back.”

Alice rolled her eyes. “What do you mean? I’m acting totally normal right now.”

“No, you’re not! Here, just follow me, we’ll catch him back stage.”

James grabbed Alices arm, and led her up to the back stage. One of the assistants saw what he was doing, and stood in front of the door.

“Ah, sorry. You’re not allowed back here,” she said. “Only performers are.”

“But Alice was allowed back here?” James said.

“Well, she was part of the act,” the assistant said.

“Fine, I get that I can’t go back there, but I need to talk to doctor what-his-face, he forgot to unhypnotize my girlfriend!”

The assistant looked at Alice and shrugged. “She seems to be acting normal to me?”

Alice had quickly grown bored of the conversation, and had set her phone down on a chair onstage and was taking pictures of herself in her amazing outfit to post online later.

“No, she doesn’t act like this! Look, I don’t have time to argue, can I just see the hypnotist?”

The assistant shook her head. “Nah, he had a dentist appointment right after the show. Quick turnaround, the only time they could slot him in, that kind of thing. If you want to talk to him, you’ll have to wait until tomorrow.”

Jamed threw his hands up into the air. No, this wasn’t right! This was supposed to be the special day he proposed to Alice, but now she was stuck acting like a snooty internet influencer.

“James, I’m bored,” Alice declared. “Stop arguing with that woman, and let’s go somewhere fun. I could use a few drinks right now.”

James sighed, slumped his shoulders, and followed Alice out of the tent.

James watched the way Alice interacted with the world with her new perspective. She seemed to think she was above the state faire now, and everybody in it. As they walked around, Alice seemed to push through the crowd with no concern for politeness. James tried to make the best of things and enjoy his time with his girlfriend, but when he suggested they get her favorite food she complained that it had too many calories, and opted for a salad instead, and she was rude to the woman behind the counter the entire time she was ordering.

After they sat down, Alice started talking shit about the way people were dressed around them.

James was uncomfortable with this judgmental speech, especially because she was making no effort to not be overheard.

“Hey, Alice, wouldn’t you rather talk about something else. Like, how is work going?”

Alice rolled her eyes. “I’m probably going to quit that shit heap. Caring about malaria or whatever is so last year. I think I’m going to try and be an influencer full time. It’ll be tough, but I’m like, really hot, and I think I can totally turn that into a career.”

James frowned. In another world, he imaged that Alice might be eating her favorite treat, and then he might be getting down on his knees and proposing to her. But in this world, in the world he now found himself in, his girlfriend had lost all concern for compassion and kindness and had become a self-obsessed, arrogant and ambitious bitch. He didn’t know if he could wait until tomorrow to get this all resolved.