The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Ten years after the events in “That Ol’ Black Magic”. John, now a stage magician known as The Amazing Mystify, still pines for his lost love, Phoebe. Having resisted the darker impulses of his magic, he risks succumbing to the depression and despair of his lonely existance. In the end, it takes the combined efforts of his closest friends to show him the healing magic of true love.

Mystify Your Mind

by J. Darksong

Part 1)

“Thank you, and goodnight!”

John Galloway stood there, holding his pose as the lights dimmed, and the music faded. His smile held, even though deep inside he wanted nothing more than to flee the stage and return to his dressing room and pour himself three fingers of Scotch. A few minutes more, and finally, blessedly, the curtain came down. With a sigh, he dropped the pose, groaning loudly, rubbing his back. He’d cut that last trick a bit closer than he’d intended.

Oh well. The audience certainly seemed to like it.

“Another great show, Boss,” one of his assistants replied—Trixie, he thought. Or maybe Dixie. Even after three years on the road together he still had trouble telling them apart. Whoever it was, she took his top hat and cape gently from him, while the other girl approached, handing him a small glass. He sniffed appreciatively, then nodded. It was his Scotch.

“Looked like you could use it, Chief,” the other girl said, turning back to begin packing up the equipment. Nodding again, he gulped it down, then sighed, heading back towards his dressing room.

Another sold out house. Once, back in the beginning, that level of success would have been enough to make him happy, to push back the dark clouds and let him bask gratefully in the light of recognition. After ten years, however, even that had faded. He felt tired. Weary down to the bone. Standing just outside the door, his hand on the knob, he closed his eyes and considered whether this was the last night he would perform. Finally, after a moment, he opened them again, and walked inside his dressing room.

“Nice show, Johnny,” a voice said across the room. “You really know how to pack the house.”

John groaned inwardly, knowing without looking the identity of his guest. “Decided to swing by and catch the act, Richie?” he said, loosening his tie, and opening his collar “Wish you’d told me you’d decided to go ‘slumming’ tonight... I would have made sure and skipped town.”

Richard, not in any way offended, merely laughed. “Same ol’ Johnny, with the same bad attitude.” He picked up a deck of cards and began shuffling them one handed, with a skill that would make a Vegas dealer jealous. “You know, you really do shine in the spotlight. Up there on stage, it’s like you’re in your element. You had the crowd eating out of your hand from the very first word.”

“All parlor tricks and mirrors,” John said, dismissively. “At least nothing that should surprise YOU. If anyone knows about all my tricks, Richie, it’s you.” Moving over to a chair, he plopped down, and grabbed a half-empty bottle of scotch. He started to take a swig, then, remembering his guest, offered the bottle to Richard. “Scotch?”

“Yes, it is,” Rich said dryly, waving away the bottle. Reaching into his coat, he withdrew a full bottle of scotch whiskey, and handed it to him. “If you’re going to poison yourself this way night after night, at least do it with the good stuff.”

“Glenfiddich,” John said approvingly, opening the bottle. Pouring a glass for both of them, he slid one over to his friend. “Nice. This almost makes up for the fact that you tried to kill me by stabbing me in the back all those years ago.”

Richie merely sighed, then took a drink. “About that. Johnny... we’re friends, right? Despite our history, and all that, I still consider you my friend.” He chuckled. “And the fact that you’ve stopped throwing fireballs at me every time we meet means that you’ve put what happened back then behind you too, right?”

John nodded. “You’re forgiven, yes. But it’s not exactly forgotten, Rich. You sided with them against me. We were pals, chums, best friends... and in the end, you chose power and money over our friendship.”

Rich shrugged, draining his glass dry. “Yeah. But then, everyone makes mistakes.” Taking out the pack of cards again, he began shuffling one-handed again. “The trick is to learn from them. Take me for example. After that day, I learned that there’s a trade-off for the power you and I have.” He dealt out three cards, facedown. “You can’t really get ahead without sacrificing something along the way.” He flipped over the middle card, revealing the Queen of Hearts, then flipped it back over, moving the three cards around briskly with his hands. “So, in the end, it’s a question of whether or not what you gain is more important that what you have to give up.”

John frowned, leaning forward to tap the left card. Rich flipped it over, revealing the two of clubs, then swirled the cards again. “On the surface, you seem to have a great life,” Richie continued. “You’re a world famous magician, the Amazing Mystify, and you’ve got a nice house, a fancy car, and you make very good money doing three shows a week.” John tapped the middle card this time, and again, the two of clubs. “You’re a jetsetter, traveling all around the country as well as abroad. Heck, I read in the newspaper how you even performed for Queen Elizabeth two weeks ago.” John picked the right-hand card this time, revealing the three of diamonds.

“Like I said, looks perfect, on the surface,” he replied with a smirk, flipping over the middle card to reveal the Queen of hearts. Swirling the cards one last time, he sighed. “I know you, Johnny. You’re a mess. You’re drinking yourself to death, trying to outrun the pain of a dumb mistake you made. You screwed up when you pushed Phoebe out of your life, when you cut and ran on her that way. You’ve been running ever since. If you want to be happy again, you’re going to have to stop running from your past, and face it.”

“Shut up!” John said angrily, slamming his glass down hard on the desk. “You have no right to lecture me! You’ve been married... what? Eight times now? You think you’re all ‘hoity-toity’ living in Beverly Hills, in your big mansion, and all of your fancy cars? You know NOTHING about what I’m going through—”

“I know EXACTLY what you’re going through!” Richie yelled right back. “Have you forgotten who you’re talking to, here? I feel the same urges that you do, John. Whenever I use my talents, I feel Asteroth’s influence, hear his little whispers in my head, trying to get me to do what HE wants me to do instead of what I want to do. I struggle with it just as much as you do, Johnny Boy. Maybe I can’t blow up a city block with a few words and gestures like you... but it doesn’t make me any less dangerous when I lose control of myself.” He sighed, standing up and moving towards the door. “You wanna know why I married and divorced eight times? Because the first time was my one true love, the girl I was meant to spend the rest of my life with... and I screwed it up, pushed her away, out of fear. The same way you did with YOUR girl. Sharon was the best thing that ever happened to me, John, and it’s taken me this long to realize that letter her go was the stupidest thing I’ve ever done.”

John sighed softly, glaring down at the half-empty glass in his hand. What hurt the most was that Richie’s words struck so close to home. He had been drinking to forget Phoebe, trying to dull her memory away with night after night of excess and alcohol. His magic was a part of him, now, as much as his arms or his kidneys. It was now impossible for him to NOT to use it in some way every single day, so he’d settled for a career where he could indulge his secret vice in a way without having to worry about exposure—as a stage magician. He’d left Phoebe for fear that succumbing to his need to use magic would lead him to using it to completely enslave her, usurping her will, and ultimately leaving her a broken, mindless puppet.

The last night they’d spent together, he’d enspelled her, hypnotized her, and made her forget him completely, erasing every trace of himself from her mind, and the minds of all of her friends. He’d told himself that it was for the best, that he’d pushed her away to protect her, to keep her safe from the darker part of his own soul. He’d told himself that he, likewise, would forget her in time, that they were both better off this way. Ten years later he still dreamed of her, missing her with an ache that even a lake of single malt scotch could only blunt, not erase. Without her, he felt empty, and incomplete, a shell of the man he once was.

Was is wrong to have left Phoebe the way he had? Had he made a mistake in letting her go?

“I’m heading back home,” Richie said quietly, holding up a playing card in his hand. “My private jet is waiting for me. I made the trip here just to talk to you. I know, I’m not exactly the spokesman for Best Friends Forever... and I know you didn’t want to hear all of this, tonight, but I wouldn’t be your friend if I didn’t try and get you to realize what you’re doing to yourself.”

He opened the dressing room door. “Now, let me drop a few words of wisdom on you before I go. John, you have incredible powers, like me, granted by the darkest of dark magics. But power itself isn’t good or evil, no matter what its source. For the longest time I thought myself a monster, but if there’s one thing that Sharon taught me, it’s this: The difference between a good man, and a monster isn’t the power they have. If how they choose to use it.” He tossed the card, ala Gambit style, at the three cards still lying face down on the desk, then closed the door after him. The contact flipped all three cards, all of which showed the Queen of Hearts, including the one he’d tossed.

John sighed, staring at the four identical cards before him. “Damned show off,” he muttered with a shake of his head. “Even after all these years, even as a Las Vegas magician, he’s still better at card tricks that I am.”

* * *

Hours later, John was catching a late dinner at a favorite restaurant on the strip. He’d made it through dinner and desert, and was just finishing a last cup of coffee when a group of four people, two men and two women, came up to him.

“See! I told you. It IS him!” a young dark haired man said, chuckling, lightly elbowing his companion. “That’s him!”

Ah, shit, John groaned silently. Not again. FUCK! This is why I rarely go out at night anymore! Aloud, he merely shook his head.

“Sorry. I’m not him. I look like him, but I’m not him.” He picked up his cup of coffee again.

A young blonde girl, probably twenty-two at the most, peered down into his face. “Hey, Kurt, I think you’re right! Hey! You’re that magician that performs at the Luxor earlier tonight... umm... The Amazing Mystical... something,...”

“The Amazing Mystify,” John said with a sigh, lowering his cup again. He glanced around from the corner of his eye, but the place was all but empty. And of course, no waiters around to tell these pests to buzz off. Taking a deep breath, summoning the withered remains of his patience, he turned to face the group. “Okay. You got me. Yes, I did perform earlier today, and yea, I am The Amazing Mystify, but, as you can see, I’m just finishing up my dinner. I’m really not in—”

“YES! That is so cool!” a sand colored guy said, pumping his arm in the air. “Jimmy and Todd are gonna be so jealous when I tell them we met up with this guy!” Moving as a group, the four crowded in front of his table. “So, dude, can you give us an autograph or something?”

“Oh! I know,” the blond girl said with a squeal. “Do a magic trick!”

“Yeah! Cool!” the raven haired girl to her left replied, equally excited. “Show us a trick! Please?”

John gritted his teeth. “I’m sorry, kids... but it’s late, I’m tired, and I’m really not prepared to perform right now. I’ll be happy to sign a quick autograph or two if you really want...”

“Ah, man, what a jip!” the dark haired guy lamented. “Not prepared? C’mon, dude... you’re a magician, aren’t you? Or was all that shit you pulled at the Luxor really just smoke and mirrors after all?”

“Hey, knock it off, Rick,” the dark haired girl with a frown. “Keep this up, and we won’t even get an autograph.”

John’s hands clenched into fists. He’d been looking for some peace and quiet, and a little breath of air away from his hotel room for a while. Now that was ruined. A dark red film seemed to flow down over his eyes, coloring everything scarlet. His heartbeat sounded abnormally loud in his own ears, and he could almost hear that same familiar voice, whispering, urging, reminding him of the simple peace that he’d longed for so desperately, lost because of these impertinent little whelps.

{{You should teach them all a lesson,}} the voice insisted. {{They want to see magic, firsthand? Then show them... show then ALL a feat of magic that they’ll never forget!}}

Shut up, damn you! John thought back, his palms itching, his fingers twitching with the need to conjure. I’m not going to hurt these kids!

{{But they DESERVE it!}} the voice insisted. {{And you WANT to make them pay! You do! So... why not? Go ahead... make them suffer. Make them bleed. Make them BEG!!}}

“Okay FINE!” John said loudly, slamming his palms down on the table. The four youngsters jumped back in shock, unaware of the mental debate going on inside John. Forcing a smile to reassure his audience, he replied. “You want to see a trick, I have just the one. Someone give me a dollar.”

“A dollar?” the sandy haired youth said with a frown, digging into his pocket. He handed it to John. “Damn. I didn’t think you’d charge us.”

Chuckling softly, John rolled the dollar into a small tube, holding it between his thumb and forefinger. “Don’t worry. I’m about to give it back to you. Now... watch closely.” Inhaling deeply, he blew through the tube, closing his fingers around it as he blew. Immediately, four quarters fell, landing on the hard tabletop with a ‘ching’ sound. The girls gasped, clapping, but the two guys just shrugged.

“Uh huh, big whoop,” the dark haired guy complained. “My Uncle does the same thing when he does that old pull-the-quarter-from-behind-my-ear trick.”

“That wasn’t the trick,” John said, frowning, gathering up the four quarters. Stacking them up onto the pad of his index finger, he quietly chanted in a low voice. With a flick of his finger, he stacked all four coins up, edge to edge, one atop the other, on the edge of his finger. With a smirk, he noted that even the skeptical boy seemed in awe now. “Watch carefully,” he reminded them, as he gave the bottom coin a gentle flick with the index finger of his free hand. The coins all began to spin, faster than humanly possible, stacked one atop the other, perfectly balanced.

“Wow! Amazing!” the blonde girl whispered.

“Fucking incredible,” the dark haired girl replied.

“How... how the hell...” the sandy haired guy asked, disbelieving.

“It’s... it’s gotta be wires of some kind,” the dark haired boy muttered, shaking his head, peering hard at the spinning coins. “There’s no way they can stay up there like that!”

“Sure there is,” John said, his grin turning evil. “Magic.” He lowered his hand, and the coins continued to spin in midair! Placing one hand over the top of the stack, and the other underneath, he slowly slid his hands in opposite directions, separating them. Each coin floated slowly in front of one of the four astonished youths, continuing to spin, and now beginning to glow as well, sparking and dazzling each of their vision.

“Watch closely, boys and girls,” he said softly but clearly, while the hypnotic display continued to spin and shine faster and faster, completely entrancing the four young people. “Watch the coins, as your conscious minds take a magical journey into infinity, and your ability to resist any and every suggestion I give you goes along with it. In just a moment, the coins will drop, and when they do, you will likewise drop into a very deep, very powerful, hypnotic sleep. You will look and act normally, as if you were awake, but you will be completely, totally, and unbreakably hypnotized and under my complete control. Do you understand me, children? Nod once if you do.” All four heads nodded slowly. “Good. Now then, watch the coins, watch them float and spin, floating and spinning, spinning, sparkling, spinning and spinning and spinning... now!”

As one, the coins dropped back into the table once more, losing their glow. All four of the youngsters’ heads dropped, their eyes closing even as they continued to stand in place. John waited for a moment or two, simply enjoying the exhilarating rush that came from using his magic to exert his will upon another. The redness that covered his vision lifted, and he had to resist the urge to groan in pleasure.

Unwilling to act as the dark urging within him had wanted, but unable to resist the urge to wield his power, he’d settled for a compromise, using simple spells that would have enable to teach the youngsters a lesson without doing any real harm to them. Now, however, staring at the dark haired girl and her lovely blonde friend, the idea of simply sending them away without taking full advantage of the situation became unthinkable.

Just then, the waiter arrived with the check. “That’ll be twenty-two fifty, Mr. Galloway... umm...” he said, staring at the four people standing there quietly in front of his table. “Um... I’m sorry, is there something I can do for you all? Do you... need a table?”

“No, they’re fine,” John said smoothly, standing up. “Isn’t that right... Rick?”

Hearing his name, the dark haired man opened his eyes and smiled. “Oh yeah, we’re cool. Totally cool.”

“Alright then. Everyone, we’re leaving.” The others blinked, becoming animated once more. “Oh, and Rick,” John said with smirk, “take care of the check.”

* * *

At 3:15 a.m. John ran out of Scotch.

After leaving the restaurant, he’d stopped by the huge pool in front of the Mirage Hotel, where, after a few simple suggestions, Rick and Dave, the two boys, decided to jump in and splash around freely until hotel security came down to get them. Meanwhile, he and the two girls, Alicia and Sarah, headed back to his hotel room to get better acquainted. A few questioned revealed some interesting facts: the four of them, along with six of their other friends, were here visiting from Arizona State University, spending their Spring Break vacation in Sin City. Two of the four were a couple; Rick and Alicia were currently dating, while Dave and Sarah were their best friends. And while Alicia was in a ‘relationship’ for two years, she admitted in trance that she’d slept around with at least three other people... of which two were women.

“Aaahhhhhh! Fuck yes! Ah! AH! AHAHHH!!” Alicia screamed, cumming hard, clenching her thighs tight around Sarah’s face, drenching the raven haired beauty’s face with her juices. Sarah continued to lovingly suck and kiss her inner thighs as her partner came back down from her high, panting from the exertion. As Alicia released her grip, Sarah slid her way up Alicia’s sweet, sweat-drenched body until they were face to face, then kissed her deeply, giving the blonde beauty a taste of her own nectar from her lover’s tongue.

John watched all this passively, still nursing the last of his Glenfiddich, his mind wandering back to the past instead of the present. Despite the eroticism of the sex going on just a few feet away from two young naked nubile nymphs, completely under his control, he found himself thinking back wistfully to the night when he’d enspelled Phoebe and her friends with his magic, then put her and her friend Anne together, just as Alicia and Sarah were now. He’d had them both, in turns, then together, then sat out to simply enjoy watching the two girls enjoying each other. Up until that point, it had been the greatest sexual experience he’d even had. Of course, the following week had been even better, and the week after that better still...

The sounds of Sarah’s impassioned keening brought him back to the present once more. Both girls were beautiful, lovingly sensuously curved, with soft flawless and sensitive skin that responded just as expertly to his touch as their mesmerized minds responded to his words. If he wished, he could own them, mind, body and soul, for the rest of their lives, burning the night’s pleasures so deeply into their fragile psyches that they would be completely unable to live without being in his presence. He could take his sexual fill from the both of them, enjoying them at his leisure, until he tired of them, until their beauty began to fade, or until he found someone else that struck his fancy.

Indeed, the darkness bubbling just underneath the surface of his soul surged at the idea. After all, what were their happiness, their lives, compared to his own? He had the power to do whatever he wanted... to TAKE whatever he wanted. So... why not simply do so?

“Stop,” John said simply, dropping the empty glass onto the carpeted floor. Instantly, both girls stilled, separating, moving to kneel on the carpet before him. He looked at them both, so young, so full of life and vitality. So full of promise. “Only a true monster take your lives from you for his own selfish pleasures,” he said softly. “I’m a lot of things... but I’m not a monster. I’m not a monster.” Closing his eyes, he chanted silently, then reached out to touch each girl lightly on the forehead.

“When you both leave this room, you will return back to your room. You will not remember the specifics of what happened today. You’ll remember only meeting up with me in the restaurant, my invite to go out to a few bars, getting very drunk, then coming back to my apartment. You’ll remember a night of wild passionate sex, an orgy of pleasure, but the details will be forever fuzzy, indistinct, and out of focus. Any holes in your memory you will chalk up to the effects of being drunk off your asses. Now... get dressed, and leave.”

As one, the girls rose to their feet, picking up their discarded clothes, dressing smoothly and efficiently. John watched them obeying his commands, preparing to leave and return to their ordinary mundane existences, and he felt a sudden pang of loneliness. He reached automatically for his bottle, then scowled, finding it empty. and let it drop into the floor. Dressed now, the girls turned and walked to the door,

“Sarah, wait!” John said impulsively, causing the raven haired girl to pause. “Alicia, you may go. Leave, and follow the instructions I gave you.” Nodding, the blonde walked outside and closed the door behind her. Sarah stood before him, staring ahead blankly, still deeply entranced, and awaiting his command. John bid her to strip once more, and she did so without complaint, standing nude before him a few minutes later.

He stared at her body. He’d seen her naked, of course, during sexual congress, but now he really looked at her, examining her body, comparing it to one he know intimately like the back of his own hand. Finally, he nodded, satisfied. “Close enough. Sarah, listen carefully. We’re going to... to role play. When I snap my fingers, you are going to awaken, becoming fully aware, with one exception. You are now a college student named Phoebe. You’re a smart, funny, sweet and loving girl, adventurous and outgoing. You are also a sexual submissive, and you crave being controlled, dominated, and owned by your Master, me, whom you love and care for with all your heart. That is your role, and you will not just play it, you will become that role. For the night,” he added, almost as an afterthought. Then, casting a quick glamour spell, changing her physical appearance to match Phoebe exactly from his memory, he snapped his fingers.

“Phoebe” blinked, shaking her head as if to cleat it. “Wha... what the... where am I? How did I get...” Turning, her eyes met John’s, and then fogged over with lust. “Ohhhhh... mmmmmmm... Master. I should have known.” Sauntering over to him, she wrapped her arms around his waist, clutching him tightly, kissing him deeply on the lips before kneeling down, kissing a trail of soft kissed on the way down. She began kissing and licking his manhood, feeling it grow with her attention. She smiled, sighing in contentment before taking him deep within her mouth, sucking his cock with complete abandon. “Mmmmmmm... I’m not sure where we are, but as long as you’re here, I’m perfectly happy.”

And John, closing his eyes, forcing himself to believe the lie he himself had created, leaned back in his chair, nodding his assent. “Yes, Phoebe, loveling,” he whispered softly. “I feel just the same...”