The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

© 2007, le Duc de Kavaliere

Midsummer Knight’s Dream

Part 13

Act Three, Scene Two

Emily had tried for weeks to get Anna and Gavin to visit the Faire—but Anna kept making excuses. Finally, her roommate agreed to attend on a weekend late in August. She promised to come by herself on Saturday, then bring Gavin on Sunday.

Emily had a wonderful time sharing the Faire with her best friend. She was careful to avoid Miss Scarlett’s show—she didn’t want to put Anna ill-at-ease—but there was plenty else to do. The two cheered for the jousters, laughed at the comedians, applauded for the magicians and gaped at the birds of prey. Towards the end of the day, they enjoyed the bellydancers—and Emily realized with a jolt that they’d missed both shows from the Gypsy Songbirds. The blonde woman said as much, along with an apology.

“The who?” Anna asked.

“A singing group,” Emily explained. “I’ve gotten to know a few of them.”

Her roommate shrugged. “I’m sure we can see them tomorrow. Let’s go hear the harpist!”

* * *

Anna really was enjoying the Renaissance Faire—and it seemed to have affected Emily, as well. Her dress would never be called daring, but it was a far cry from the solid sweaters and blue jeans she usually wore. The blonde woman, although still quiet, was slowly becoming more vocal.

Everyone at the Faire was surprisingly friendly, as well. Several people smiled at her and complimented her on her haircut—which was flattering, if a little odd. Around dinnertime, a pretty African-American woman took Emily aside and spoke to her briefly. Anna, who was waiting in line for a Cornish pasty, overheard her mention something about a bachelorette party.

Upon receiving her food, Anna went to join her friend—when, out of the corner of her eye, she noticed someone looking at her. She turned towards him. It was a fellow about her own age, wearing a dark plaid; he had light brown hair and a drum slung over his back. The fellow dropped his gaze immediately, then looked up at her again and smiled shyly. Anna smiled back, then scolded herself—I have a boyfriend, she thought. But it was nice to be noticed once in a while.

Emily joined her. “Where do you want to sit?” the blonde woman inquired.

“Somewhere out of the sun,” Anna replied. She looked back at the man in plaid, but he had gone.

* * *

Emily and Anna stayed on the fairgrounds for an hour after closing, with the blonde woman introducing her friend to the jousters. But by six—to Emily’s disappointment—Anna told her that she needed to leave.

“Gavin is working second shift,” she explained. “I want to be there when he gets home.” She and Emily were passing by the hat store, and Anna caught a glimpse of her reflection in a mirror. “Yikes, my hair is all windblown,” she added. “Must have been from the joust.”

Oh, thank goodness, Emily thought. “Would you like me to brush it for you?” she said, her voice as gentle as she could make it. Please, don’t let me screw this up, she thought.

Anna pondered this for a moment, then nodded. “Thanks—I suppose I’ll have to brush it either way, so it’d be great if you could do something fancy with it.”

“Would you like me to do it up?” the blonde woman said softly.

“You mean the way you did when we went to that dance?” Anna said eagerly. “Yes, please do!”

The two women walked to Anna’s car, retrieved her hair brush, then sat down on a nearby bench. Anna turned her back to Emily, who—willing her hands not to shake—drew the brush through her best friend’s thick red hair.

“Just let this relax you, Anna,” she whispered. “Feel the rhythm of the brush, easy and gentle. Feel the tension leaving your body just as the tangles and snarls are combed from your hair by the rhythm of the brush...”

The blonde woman stared at the back of her roommate’s head, her stunning red hair elegant and soft under her hands. Anna is beautiful, Emily thought. Especially now that she’s let her hair grow down to her shoulders.

“I’m brushing your hair, softly and gently,” Emily told her friend. “It helps you relax, helps you let go of all worries, all concerns... just focus on the rhythm of the brush.” I almost envy Anna, Emily thought. Her hair makes her stand out so much. She’s always turning heads.

“Brushing, gently,” the blonde woman continued. “Feel the brush caress your hair.” She really is lovely, Emily thought. She deserves so much better than Gavin.

“And the more I brush your hair,” Emily said, “the more relaxed you become.” How does Scarlett do this? she thought. “The more relaxed you are, the better you feel, and with every stroke of the brush you become more relaxed.”

She felt Anna nod slightly.

“Good, good,” Emily whispered. “Heavy and relaxed, heavy and relaxed. The more I brush your hair the more relaxed you become... the more relaxed you are the easier it is to feel me brush your hair, making all your fears and worries and concerns just fall away... relaxing easier, deeper with every stroke of the brush.” She kept on running the brush through Anna’s lovely tresses.

“And now you’re feeling so relaxed, you’re feeling almost sleepy,” Emily told her, as soothingly as she could. “Feeling relaxed and drowsy, drowsy and heavy... heavier, and heavier, and heavier.” She saw Anna begin to nod, and quickly reached out with her hands and supported her head. “Drowsy and relaxed, comfortable and happy, getting drowsier and drowsier.” Emily suddenly realized she couldn’t brush Anna’s hair very well with only one hand, so she lay the brush down next to her. Slowly, she began to run her fingers through her best friend’s hair.

“Drowsier and drowsier, heavier and heavier, more and more relaxed,” Emily continued. My goodness, I’m doing it, she realized. I’m hypnotizing Anna. Scarlett was right, I do know how. “And now your eyelids are getting heavy too,” the blonde woman murmured. “Heavier and heavier, drowsier and drowsier, droopier and droopier... eyes so sleepy... eyes closing... that’s good... that’s right.

“You are now asleep,” Emily murmured into Anna’s ear. “You are in a deep, relaxed, comfortable, deep sleep. But you find you can still talk to me, and, in fact, the more you talk to me the more relaxed you become and the deeper you fall into sleep.”

Emily coaxed Anna’s body backwards until the redhead was lying with her head in her lap. Emily looked Anna over, from her pale sleeping face to her full-figured curves. I’m almost jealous, Emily thought. Sometimes I wish I weren’t so petite... but then she noticed the contrast of Anna’s auburn hair and white skin, of eyelashes and eyelids, and realized again just how good-looking her friend was. What a pair we are, Emily thought. What a pair...

Suddenly full realization of what had happened hit her. Anna was hypnotized. Emily had coaxed Anna’s mind into a trance. She had done it; she was a hypnotist. She had hypnotized Anna.

What could she do? How much could she get away with? She looked down at Anna’s full lips...

Surely there wouldn’t be anything wrong with...

After all, if Anna didn’t want to, she’d just say no...

And Scarlett had admitted that she’d kissed that other woman, last October. Emily hadn’t really been jealous; after all, they hadn’t been truly a couple then. And it had only been a kiss...

“Anna,” Emily whispered, “in a few minutes I am going to snap my fingers, and you will open your eyes.” Emily smiled, almost giggling... she could wake Anna up and put her to sleep by snapping her fingers! “When you awake you will be having a dream. You know you are having a dream... you know this isn’t really happening... but you will be having a really vivid dream.

“In this dream I am a witch, and I have just cast a spell on you to make you into my servant. Whenever I tell you to do something, you will find it’s the thing you want most in all the world, and you can’t stop yourself from doing it. You won’t want to stop yourself from doing it. You must do whatever I say. You love doing what I say, because you are under my spell, and you are my servant.”

The petite blonde woman took a deep breath. Anna was hypnotized!

“You love being my servant, you love to obey me and serve me,” Emily whispered. “So when I snap my fingers, you will open your eyes, but you will find yourself in a dream. I’m a witch, and I’ve put a spell on you, and you want nothing more than to obey me. One, two, three.”

The blonde hypnotist snapped her fingers, and Anna opened her clear green eyes. She looked at Emily, then sat up.

“I...” Anna rubbed her forehead with her hand. “What happened? What did you do to me?”

Emily simpered. “I put a spell on you, Anna.”

Her best friend blinked her gorgeous green eyes. “Yes... I’m under your spell.” Her eyes widened. “Oh goodness!”

Emily reached out and took Anna’s hand. “Don’t be afraid, Anna.”

“No,” Anna said, and her look of alarm softened into one of ease. “I’m not afraid.”

“You are very happy and comfortable,” Emily told her.

Anna blinked and smiled. “Yes.”

“You feel wonderful, and you want to obey me, don’t you?”

Anna stared at her and nodded, still smiling—but it was an odd, breathless smile, not quite the way she normally did. She was still beautiful, though.

“Kiss me,” Emily whispered.

Anna blinked a few times. “Kiss you...”

“Kiss me,” Emily repeated, leaning forward.

With only a little hesitation, Anna leaned towards her, and their lips met.

Anna’s lips were full, moist, and warm as they touched Emily’s. The blonde woman let out the breath she’d been holding, tried to relax into the kiss... and knew in an instant it wasn’t right.

She pulled back. Anna opened her eyes, and looked at Emily, her expression unreadable.

“S—sleep,” Emily stammered, and waved her hand. As if she were a marionette, Anna’s eyes slammed shut, and the redhead sank backwards. Emily lunged forward and caught her sleeping roommate as she collapsed.

I should not have done that, Emily thought. That wasn’t really Anna... and I love Shannon.

She gasped. She’d never thought of the tall raven-haired hypnotist that way, but now that she had put it into words she knew it was true. She couldn’t kiss Anna, or anyone else. She was faithful to Miss Scarlett.

Then Emily remembered what she was doing.

“Sleep, deep asleep,” the blonde hypnotist whispered in Anna’s ear. “Deep, deep asleep. You just had a strange dream, a really silly dream, a dream that would never happen in real life. You can just forget that dream like it never happened. You will forget that dream. It has faded from your mind, faded to nothing, the way dreams do.”

She took a deep breath. What was she to do?

* * *

“You can’t tell her to break up with Gavin,” Miss Scarlett had explained a few weeks earlier. “She doesn’t want to do it, so she would just ignore the suggestion. What we have to do is empower her so she can make her own choice.”

“I don’t see how that’s going to help,” Emily had said lamely.

The hypnotist had looked at her shrewdly. “When she’s under,” she explained, “tell her anything you can to increase her self-confidence. Tell her she’s an intelligent, beautiful person, and she deserves the best. Tell her she deserves to be treated like a princess. Tell her she deserves respect, courtesy, and love. She knows all this with her mind, of course, but if Gavin doesn’t treat her right, her subconscious may need some convincing.”

“And if it doesn’t work?” the blonde woman had asked.

“Then it doesn’t work,” Scarlett had sighed. “Emily darling, we shouldn’t be giving her these kinds of suggestions in the first place. In order for therapy to work, the patient has to want to make changes in her life. At the end, she’ll have to make her own choices. We can’t live her life for her.”

* * *

Emily thought for a moment. “Anna, listen to me,” she whispered. “You are a strong, beautiful, talented woman. You are full of confidence. You believe in yourself. You deserve the best, Anna. You deserve to be happy. You are courageous, and you won’t let anyone hurt you. You won’t put up with anyone hurting your feelings. Anyone who does not value you does not deserve to be your friend.”

The blonde woman began to draw Anna’s hair together, so the angles were straight and smooth. “You deserve someone who treats you like a princess, who worships the ground you walk on,” she said gently. “You deserve someone who already knows to treat you right. You deserve to be with someone whose actions show you that he loves you.”

Emily fastened a clip to the back of Anna’s head—her hair was drawn together perfectly.

“On the count of three,” the blonde woman said, “you will open your eyes and wake up, wide awake—and you will forget this conversation. You will have no memory of having fallen asleep—but you know that I’ve told you the complete truth. You will believe in yourself, you know that you deserve the best—and you’ve always known this. One, opening your eyes, two, remembering nothing, three, wide awake.”

Anna stirred, turned to her friend, and smiled. “Thanks—you did that really quickly!”

Emily shrugged, and hoped she wasn’t blushing. “Your hair is easy to work with,” she managed.

The two walked to Anna’s car, and the redhead admired herself in the mirrors. “Thanks, Em—you’ve done a great job!”

“It’s no problem, really,” the blonde woman said softly.

The two women hugged. “I’ll see you tomorrow,” Anna promised.

As Emily watched her best friend drive away, she felt an odd sense of defeat. Once again, Anna was going to spend the night with Gavin—and would probably never admit why she was constantly plagued by stress and self-doubt. The hypnosis probably won’t work, the blonde woman thought. All she’d done was tell Anna things she already knew, things that should be obvious.

She started the walk back towards the fairgrounds.

(To Be Continued)