The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Merlynne’s Catalog: Rose Colored Glasses

* * *

Okay, this took a lot longer than I thought it would, and as a result, I didn’t send it to BB for editing, so apologies for any and all errata.

* * *

David sighed as the rain continued to pour outside of his window. The cloud cover had obliterated any hint of the sun, covering the world in a grayish miasma that drained the color from everything.

He didn’t mind. It matched his mood. His life felt like it had been sapped of its color since his break up with Diane. He knew it was pathetic, but he would read her note again and again, reeling with new pain each time his eyes followed the words to their inevitable conclusion. It was clear she wasn’t coming back. She hadn’t given a reason.

He was staring at the engagement ring he had just bought for her when the phone rang. The last thing he wanted to do was answer it, but he knew from experience that if he didn’t pick up now, it would only ring again.

“Hello,” he said, noticing how lifeless his voice sounded. It would have bothered him, had he the energy to care.

“David, hi. I just called to see how you were getting along,” the cheerful feminine voice on the other end of the phone said. He felt like a vampire hit with a ray of sunshine, and recoiled before chastising himself. He needed friends right now, and he knew it.

“Rose. I’m okay.” He wasn’t, but said so anyway. She wasn’t fooled.

“Did you go out today?” she asked. “You said you would. You have to pay some bills and get some food into your house. I know you are self employed, so you can take all the time off you want, but you still have to go out and do stuff.”

He winced as he looked at the stack of bills on his desk. “Yes, Rose. I went out. Paid the bills. Went shopping.” He didn’t want to lie to her, but he didn’t need the lecture, either.

“Great! I’ll be over after work and make you something. Around six.” she said, then put the phone down before he could respond. He stood there gaping at the receiver, then swore.

He didn’t want to be forced into entertaining anyone. He was about to dial her at work, to cancel, but stopped himself. Since they had met three years ago, Rose had turned into one of his best friends. He didn’t want to hurt her feelings, and he knew she would be if he cancelled now.

So now he had two hours to clean his house, and get to the store to get some food in the house. He grabbed the bills, his keys and wallet and ran to his car. He didn’t realize it at the time, but it was the most alive he had felt in days. He screamed out of his driveway, and actually enjoyed the process of weaving through traffic to get to the mall. He hid the bills in his glovebox and ran into the grocery store, wondering what to buy. Diane had usually done the shopping.

He grabbed a cart and whistled through the aisles, picking up anything with a label he recognized and throwing it in the cart. On impulse, he grabbed three carnations from the flower stand in the grocery store and added them to his purchase. He figured they would add an element of cheerfulness that Rose might believe.

Rose’s eyes brightened when she saw him freshly showered and shaved an hour later, and dressed in a sweater and khakis. She held up a bottle of wine.

“Well, look at you!” she said brightly, smiling up at him. She had changed from her work outfit into a form fitting yellow t-shirt and some comfortable jeans.

“Hi,” he returned simply, stepping back from the door to let her in. She entered gingerly, and took stock of his newly supplied larder before deciding what to make. David was lost beyond basic macaroni and cheese and his discomfort showed.

“Why don’t you flip through this while I help you out, David? It looks interesting,” Rose said as she tossed a catalogue at him. He caught it, glancing down at the cover.

“Merlynne’s Catalogue?” he asked, looking at the scantily clad, raven haired beauty on the cover. “What is this? Like Victoria’s Secret or something?”

“I don’t know. Never heard of it before. It was in your mailbox when I came to the door,” Rose said as she made herself busy organizing his purchases, and restocking shelves.

“Maybe Diane had subscribed to it,” he said, not amused by the thought. She had never worn lingerie for him. She didn’t like the feeling of lace or satin against her body. He almost put the catalogue down until his eye caught the attractive woman on the front cover.

She was beautiful, but in the timeless, permanent sense of the word. It was impossible to tell her age or her ethnicity from the photograph, but her figure was lush and inviting with ample curves. Her pose was alluring but without being tawdry, with her hip cocked to one side. Her black nylons and garter belt accented the sheer black baby doll outfit that only barely covered the nipples on her ample breasts.

Her eyes however, were the most captivating David had ever seen in a photograph. He had always been partial to blue eyes, but these were a green and gold combination that drew him in, full of confidence and promises. He must have been staring for a while because he was startled out of his reverie when Rose came over to him, putting an arm around his shoulders.

“What did you want to do with these?” she asked, holding up the three carnations.

“Oh, right! I forgot I bought them. I thought they would cheer the place up a bit for you.”

“Well, thank you. You didn’t have to, but I’m glad you did,” she said smelling them briefly. “They smell nice. Do you have a vase to put them in?”

He looked around blankly, but there were none in plain sight. He shrugged. “Nope, I guess not.”

Rose went to a cupboard and pulled down a regular drinking glass. “Well, they need some water. Okay if I use this?”

He nodded, embarrassed. “I should have bought one of those, I guess.”

Rose cut the flower stems and filled the glass halfway with water. The wide mouth of the glass caused the three flowers to droop, looking more pathetic than anything. “Do you have anything to hold them together?” she asked.

He drew a blank, again looking around the kitchen for a twist tie, or some string. When his search turned up nothing, He was about to admit defeat when his eyes fell upon the engagement ring he had purchased.

“Well, it might as well get used for something before it goes back to the store,” he said, slipping the stems of the roses through it. It did a serviceable job of holding the stems together; giving the small bouquet some much needed life.

Rose grinned. “Well I never seen anyone use one of those for THAT before.”

Rose hugged him quickly, then shoved the catalogue back into his arms and shooed him from the kitchen while she cooked him a ‘decent dinner for a change’. David sighed, torn between gratitude and irritation. He decided on gratitude and sat in his favorite chair to ogle the cover girl yet again.

With a small amount of fumbling, he opened the catalogue to a page somewhere in the middle. He looked down, almost afraid to see what his finger had landed on.

“Rose Colored Glasses” Sometimes, we can only see what is right in front of us if we change the lens we look through. Available for a limited time only.. Call the number on the back of the catalogue to order.

The glasses were small, and oval shaped, the kind of frame that he knew looked good on his face. He didn’t require prescription glasses, but he supposed he could use them as sunglasses, though he’d never seen any with soft pink lenses before. They were not a color he would normally have picked for himself, but there was something compelling about them. He dialed the number on the back of the catalogue.

It rang once only before a deep, sexy woman’s voice answered. “Umm...I’d like to place an order,” he finally said.

“Of course, David. The Rose Colored Glasses for you, then?” she asked with a hint of amusement.

“Yes. How do you know my name? Do you have call display there?” he asked, amazed at the level of sophistication for a call centre.

He heard her chuckle. “Yes, David. Something like that. Check your mailbox in an hour. They will be there.”

“Whoa! That’s pretty fast,” David said, surprised.

“We aim to please,” she said, simply.

“Uh, Thank you. I never got your name,” he realized.

“Merlynne,” she answered, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

David nodded in understanding. This was about preserving the illusion. He imagined a call centre full of people all calling themselves Merlynne. “Right. Well, thanks Merlynne, you have been great.”

“You deserve it, David. You would not have received a catalogue otherwise,” she said, her voice holding emotion. David paused, not sure how to respond.

“Well, thank you again. I’ll look for the shades in about an hour,” he finally answered, and hung up.

He put the phone down and went to check on Rose, who was setting the table.

“Almost ready,” she said. “Just give it five minutes or so.”

He helped her out as best he could, and they sat down to a lovely meal of chicken fettucine alfredo. Rose’s wine matched perfectly, and David ate with gusto, his appetite re appearing after several days in hiding. As they ate and talked, he realized how good a friend she had been to him. As the meal was closing, he held her hand briefly and smiled at her.

“Thanks,” he said, unable to say more.

She blushed a little, and smiled. “You’re welcome.”

David nodded, and grabbed the dishes, clearing them into the sink. He looked at the clock and realized an hour had flown by, so he excused himself and went to the mailbox. Sure enough, a small embroidered black velvet bag had been left. He opened the drawstring and pulled the glasses out of the bag. A note, handwritten from the looks of things fell out with them. David picked it up and read it.

David,

Please use these for the next few days with my compliments. I think you will find them revealing. Merlynne

He couldn’t resist putting them on. They must be polarized or something, he thought to himself. Everything looks brighter. He glanced across the street and sure enough, colors looked more vibrant, more alive. The grass was greener, his neighbor’s yellow car almost glowed. He felt his mood lift almost immediately, and he headed back inside, to help Rose finish up the cleaning.

He stopped dead when he hit the kitchen. Rose was there leaning over the sink with her back to him, but somehow there was more to her than he had ever noticed before. Her hair, normally a blondish red burned like brass fire into his eyeballs. Her skin glowed with energy that he could see almost pulsing beneath the surface. His eyes traveled the length of her body, noticing and appreciating every curve, each contour, etching them into his memory. He marveled at her muscle tone, unnoticed until now, and briefly wondered to himself how much she worked out to maintain herself.

“About an hour each morning,” she said conversationally, without looking over her shoulder.

“What?” he asked, surprised.

“I work out for about an hour each morning,” she said conversationally. “That’s how I maintain my figure.”

He paused for a moment, thinking. “Did I just ask you that?”

She answered, “I think so, why else would I have told you.”

“I-I don’t know,” he said. “I was thinking it, but I didn’t ask you anything.”

She turned to face him, and he noticed how attractive she really was. He noticed every detail of her face. The fullness of her lips, the cute little upturn of her nose, her dimples, and finally her eyes. When they gazed at each other, David felt an electric current flow between them, the energy strong enough to root him to the spot and take his breath away. Desire flooded through him, and he wanted Rose more than he had wanted anyone before. He could almost see the connection between them.

She crossed the floor to stand in front of him, letting the towel she had been holding fall from her fingers. Unable to resist his attraction even if he had wanted to, he cupped her face, staring for a long moment deep into her eyes, amazed at the love he had found there. He wondered how long he had walked by her, never knowing the depth of her emotion. He saw the tears start to form in her eyes.

“Three years,” she said, softly. “I have loved you for three years. I knew it the first day we met.”

He was stunned. Another lightning strike of awareness and he knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that this was meant to be. It had always been meant to be. He had never been more certain of anything in his life. He thought about his relationship with Diane and how much it had hurt when she had left. It needed to happen. All of it. So that he could be here in this moment, looking into Rose’s deep blue eyes. He knew in that split second that he loved her as much as she loved him. He had never realized it until now.

Their kiss was intense and joyful, the first expression of a love that had been building quietly beneath the surface for far too long. He supposed he should try to be tender and gentle, but this was not the moment for that as their tongues twined around each other, savoring the first taste of a new lover.

He was encouraged when he felt her hands about his waist, pulling his shirt from his waistband. He traced down her spine and cupped her small, firm ass with both hands and lifted her into the air. She immediately wrapped her legs around his waist, never breaking the rhythm of their kiss. Fire ran through him as she ground her pelvis into his, causing him exquisite pain as his erection throbbed for release from his clothing.

They had waited too long for subtlety or romance. He staggered to the kitchen table and laid her down upon it, breaking their kiss long enough to rip his sweater off, and throw his pants to the ground. His eyes were glued to Rose as she raised her hips off the table and pulled off her jeans, revealing a set of black lace panties, damp with her arousal. She pulled off her t-shirt to reveal the matching bra.

The panties lasted less than three seconds as David tore through the waistband on one hip, pulling the flimsy material away from Rose’s aroused, and leaking pussy. His mouth found her clit instantly, and David inhaled her scent as he flicked her clit firmly horizontally with his tongue, pushing it against her pubic bone. Two fingers pushed deeply into her core and he massaged her g-spot in a similar manner.

It took less than ten seconds for Rose’s breath to catch in her throat. She arched from the table, pushing herself deeper onto David’s fingers. She pulled his hair as she shoved down on the back of his head, and with a soul searing scream she announced her release, her fluids pouring out of her.

David continued to keep the pressure on, stimulating and overstimulating Rose until her desire ebbed. He paused to catch his breath, but she pulled him onto her with urgency too intense to be ignored. His rock hard erection slid home easily with his first thrust, and he reveled in the look of ecstasy that crossed her face. They found a smooth, easy rhythm that seemed as natural to them as breathing.

He kissed her lightly, and more tenderly this time, but Rose would have none of it, curling her fingers through his short brown hair and pulling him down to her while she pushed her tongue into his mouth. He feasted on her, filling his senses with her taste, smell, and the feel of her. She was so expressive, he could almost feel the pulses of pleasure coursing through her body. Each peak in her pleasure, every shudder or intake of breath pushed him up the mountain of his own arousal.

He wanted it to last forever, but it was not to be. Whatever control he might have had was burned away the moment their love had been recognized. He felt his orgasm rise from within, and rather than try to forestall it as he normally would, he embraced it, pushing into Rose faster and faster. She closed her eyes, and began to moan, her own release building, her hips rocking faster and faster in time with his.

David felt his consciousness contract to a world of sensation, entirely lost anything but the feeling of thrusting into her, feeling her orgasm begin at precisely the same moment as his. He screamed in triumph as his seed rocketed from his body, filling her womb again and again.

The two lovers relaxed, spent from their exertions and looked deeply into each other’s eyes. David realized belatedly he was still wearing the glasses. He took them off, and regarded them for a moment.

“So, do you like them?” Rose asked.

“Yes. But I’m going to send them back now,” he said calmly.

“Why?” Rose asked, curious.

“Because I’ve seen what I needed to see,” he said, gazing down at her. “That everything I wanted was always right in front of me.”