The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

This story is mature in themes and content, and is intended for adults above the legal age of consent in their country of residence.

If you have any questions or feedback to offer, you’re more than welcome to reach out at

Iterations

The heaviness lifted from my eyes. I saw the dull reflection of myself glinting off the wall sized window. Behind it, soft city light bloomed into the darkness above with a surreal glow. I laid there with my eyes half open, taking things in one by one. The bed was spongy and clean, with a dark linen blanket pulled halfway up my shoulder and the room bathed in the dull orange light of a heatless floor lamp. A slim digital clock on the ebony nightstand glowed 12:21 a few feet from my face, next to a landline phone and a polished silver locket on a chain.

I didn’t recognize any of it. The bedroom—fairly high up, judging by the view, wasn’t my style. What little decor there was looked expensive but nondescript, like everything was calibrated to glance off my attention. There were no pictures on the walls or shelves or books or anything on any of the surfaces. This was no one’s home.

At that point, I noticed I only had on a slim tank top and thin panties. Maybe that wasn’t a good sign, but I didn’t panic just yet. For some reason I didn’t feel like anything was wrong. Actually, I felt amazing, like I’d beelined to bed after a long spa day. Maybe it was a weekend retreat, which would make sense before the huge week I had coming up. I was going to...

Actually, why was it a huge week? Come to think of it, what did I do for work? There were no memories, no flashes of sight and smell or sound, just the vague notion that these things existed somewhere in my mind. Everything was like that. The more questions I asked, the more I kept finding the same non-answer. Where was I? What was I doing last night? What about last week? Where did I live? What was my favorite book? It was all blank. Did I even have a name?

Alice Turner.

Ok, that was something. I rubbed my head experimentally, but there was no pain—no gashes or lumps. I knew this kind of retrograde amnesia could be caused by a lot of things, but none of the expected side effects seemed to apply: no sign of a head injury, no sweat or muscle soreness you’d expect from a seizure, and if there was an infection or cardiac event, I wouldn’t be awake, let alone thinking so clearly. I took note of the fact that I knew all that.

A soft knock on the bedroom door made me flinch like a firework had gone off. It creaked open, revealing the delicate face of a girl, lily-white with peach pink hair fading into brunette roots. Something about her face was familiar to me. She was majorly pretty, with soft features, high cheekbones, and big lips that begged to be kissed.

So there’s another thing I knew about myself.

Her eyes lit up when she saw me, while I looked at her like a feral tiger wandering into the bedroom.

“You ok, Alice?”

So she knew me, in a good way, apparently. It was as good a starting point as any.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I said, untensing my muscles, “I’m just not really sure what’s going on.”

“Is there a way I can help?” she asked, pushing the door open and stepping in to take a seat on the corner of the bed. She was long and curvy, moving with a doe-like grace. She wore a tank top of her own with cute denim mini-shorts, and her voice was familiar and sent gentle little vibrations down the back of my neck. She had to be my girlfriend, right? ‘Go, me’, I thought.

I decided to play it cool. “Can you tell me your name?”

“I didn’t know I was so forgettable,” she pouted mockingly.

“I just like to hear you say it.”

Erin.”

“Can we pretend I don’t know anything about who I am? And you answer some questions for me?”

Her eyebrows raised a little. “Sure, I’ll play, but it’ll be time to sleep soon.” I didn’t think I could sleep if I tried, but she probably needed it, coming back this late.

“Are we in a relationship?” I tried.

“I’d say we are.”

“Are we dating? Married?” Neither of us was wearing a ring, but it didn’t hurt to double check.

“I wouldn’t put a label on it. But what we have is special.”

“Ok, so who I am?”

“You’re all mine,” she cooed, leaning towards me.

“Ok, but—“ I recoiled a little, my cheeks running a little hot. She seemed surprised, but not hurt. “Sorry- just, can you tell me something about myself?”

“Where to start…” she said, sprawling out on her side and looking up at me. A reassuring floral scent flowed from her hair. “You’re from Chicago, your favorite drink is a vodka spritzer, and you’re insanely good at eating pussy.” She grinned at my nonplussed look. “And you’re mine. Is that enough?” All the information felt right, but as much as I liked hearing her voice, I needed something I could use.

“Not really. Where are we? What are we doing here?”

There was glint in her eye. “Babe, you need to relax. Let’s wait ’til morning.” She reached a hand out towards me.

“Hey, I’m serious!”

She sat up, looking at me tenderly. “Look at me.” I met her eyes as she reached for my hand, speaking with a soft sincerity that put me at ease. “I’m here. I’ll always be here for you. We’ll figure it out, but for now you need to relax.” Her hand closed around mine, and her touch was so warm and familiar, I didn’t recoil at all.

“Can you relax for me?” she continued.

“Yeah.”

“That’s good. It’s easy to relax. So easy and natural…”

There was something about her eyes. They were glistening…swirling around. The best way to describe it would be like a whirlpool, if it were made of gold flake and glittering under moonlight. I didn’t know if I was imagining it. Eyes weren’t supposed to move like that…

“Your eyes are—“

“There’s nothing to worry about. All you need to do is breathe deeply.”

I found myself taking longer breaths, as a soft pressure surrounded my head, and the unanswered questions I had fell out of my head.

“All you need to do is look deeper. All you need is to hear my voice.” she soothed.

They were both so beautiful. I felt lightheaded and off balance. If I had thought to look away, I wouldn’t have wanted to.

“Let every muscle relax. Feel yourself sink into the bed.”

A deep untraceable massage simultaneously took every muscle I had offline. Somehow I stayed upright to stare into the spinning pools, but didn’t think about how or why. I only thought about my body descending in slow motion—feeling the physical sensation of movement even though what I saw didn’t change. It was disorienting, but kind of blissful. It was the only thing I knew, at that moment.

“And you can feel your eyes are so sleepy,” she breathed, the delicate step of her voice drawing me in that much deeper. “You’re so deeply exhausted. When I touch your forehead, you’ll find it so easy to surrender…to drop into a deep sleep.”

Her voice was honey. The tired itch in my eyes was intense, and my body was all but completely numb. Through half closed eyes, I only saw what she wanted me to see, as her finger came floating over, slow as a drifting cloud. It connected with my forehead, and pure darkness washed over me. In that split second, I felt divinity. It was the absence of pain, anxiety, and doubt, wrapped in a warm silky emptiness. It was eternity in a single instant.

* * *

The heaviness lifted from my eyes. I saw the dull reflection of myself glinting off the wall sized window. Behind it, soft city light bloomed into the darkness above with a surreal glow.

The smile faded from my face. I looked around, and I was alone again. The clock on the table read 12:21. I was in the same spot as when I woke up earlier, in the same position, in the same clothes, with a lot of new questions and the same number of answers.

I got up to look around the room, but there was nothing to find. It was just standard swanky hotel stuff—floor lamps, desks with nothing in the drawers, and a buttonless flatscreen on the wall with no sign of a remote. There was an adjoining bathroom, but there was nothing in there either beyond a few gray towels. I did get a look at myself in the mirror, and though I couldn’t have pictured my face earlier, everything I saw was familiar to me.

I came back out and saw the clock read 12:24, meaning it wasn’t stuck. It really was a new day, and I’d somehow slept for twenty-four straight hours. I must’ve, because the alternative was impossible.

The door swung open to my side and I twirled around, tangling my feet and falling on my ass, my head thudding off the side of the bed.

“Oh my god, are you ok?” laughed Erin, pushing the door open.

“Just…stay there a minute.” I sputtered, scrambling to my feet, my cheeks running a little hot.

“Sorry, but that was funny. You have to give me that.”

“What is this?”

“What’s what?” she said, playfully.

“Where am I, and what’s going on here?”

“You sure you’re ok?” She took a step forward.

“Stop! What did you just do to me?”

“Whoa!” she said, pausing, “Relax.”

“What’s going on?” I said, feeling a little exposed in my underwear. “What did you do to me before?”

“I mean, we’ve done a lot of things to each other.”

“Oh god, save it. Where am I right now?”

“You’re here with me,” she said, as if that’s all there was to it.

“Where is here?” I shot back.

“I don’t know, why does it matter?”

Why does it matter?”

“I think you just need to relax,” she said taking a step forward. The voice sent a shiver down my neck, but I still scrambled back.

“Hold it, if you come near me, I’ll scream.”

You can’t scream.”

The way she said it threw my defiance into the driver’s seat. Throwing caution to the wind, I inhaled, opened my mouth wide, and…did not scream. The air came out, but the sound didn’t. I tried again with the same result. Somehow, here and now, I’d fucking forgotten how to do it.

“Don’t move a muscle.”

And I locked up. Literally, as soon as she said it, I was stiff as marble. Confused fear shot through me like venom as she stepped right up to me. There wasn’t a single thing I could do. Inexplicably, I felt my nipples stiffen, a bit.

“Why don’t you have a look right here?”

My eyes—the only things that weren’t frozen—locked straight onto hers. I cursed myself for that dumb decision, still imagining that’s what it was.

“Emmmmmnnn!”

As the beautiful eyes pulled me in again, I knew I had to fight, but how? I tried to think of something else—any distraction…but everything seemed so much less important and just faded behind her gaze. And then I was fading too. Soon I couldn’t even pretend to fight back anymore.

“Your eyelids are free to move, which is lucky, because your eyes are so sleepy, and you feel so exhausted.” breathed Erin, raising an outstretched finger.

* * *

The heaviness lifted from my eyes. I saw the dull reflection of myself glinting off the wall sized window…

I sat bolt upright, looking at the clock. It was 12:21.

“No fucking way.”

The room was just as it was. I threw off the covers and bolted over to the door, pulling it open to reveal other an open plan living room and kitchen, with more huge windows, high vaulted ceilings, black chairs and sofas, a granite kitchen island, etcetera, all matching the nondescript blankness of the bedroom.

I saw the front door and dashed over to it, but stopped with my hand over the doorknob. What if she was waiting out there? I scrambled around, looking in random drawers and cabinets for something that could do…something, but even the fridge was completely cleaned out and spotless. The one thing I noticed, tucked in the corner behind a toaster oven, was a rack of kitchen knives. I grabbed up a long one, and the sound of the lock sent me spinning around, brandishing it like a fencer.

Erin walked in, placid as ever, until she noticed me standing in the corner, knife outstretched. She looked unimpressed.

“Really, babe?”

“I’m warning you,” I growled.

But as I said it, I knew how stupid it was. I knew what was coming before she even opened her mouth.

“Don’t move a muscle.”

I was locked in again, arm outstretched like a mannequin, eyes wide and darting around the room for some solution that didn’t exist. She tiptoed right up to me, sidestepping the knife and carefully picking it from my frozen grip. She held the steel between her thumb and forefinger, then gave me a little bonk on the head with the handle.

“Mmmnn!” I protested.

“That’s not gonna work.” She said, placing it on the counter behind her. Then she pushed down my outstretched arm, brushed a stray hair away from my eye, and moved in close. “Why don’t you have a look right here?”

* * *

The heaviness lifted from my eyes. The time was 12:21.

My eyes found the phone and I snatched it off the hook, but realized I didn’t have anyone to call. My only option was the number everyone knew. I could sense that I didn’t really trust cops, but right now I didn’t have that many options.

I expected the line to be dead, but there was a ring, then a click, then a deep female voice. “911, what’s your emergency?” Oh my god.

“Yes! Hi! My name is Alice, and I think I’ve been kidnapped.”

“Ok m’am, just stay on the line. We’ll send someone out to your location right away.”

“Oh my god, thank you!” This was it. I just had to figure out how to last long enough for them to get here.

“Can you tell me where you are?”

“I’m in a hotel room in the city. Really high up.”

“Do you know the name of the hotel?”

“No.”

“Did you get away from your kidnappers or are they in the room with you?”

“No, but she’s coming, any minute.”

“Are you injured, m’am?”

“No.”

“Ok, is she armed? Does she have a weapon?”

“Eh- no.” I didn’t exactly know how to explain what it was she had.

“Are you hiding? Do you have some place you can hide?”

I looked around and saw a lot of bad options—a chest of drawers too small to use, and some curtains by the window that didn’t reach the ground, so my feet would stick out like a cartoon character. I thought I heard the front lock click.

I looked down at the the floor and saw a gap, just large enough for me to squeeze into. I could tell the phone cord wouldn’t stretch that far. “Yes, but I can’t bring the phone.”

“That’s ok, just leave the line open and stay hidden. Help is on the way.”

I put the phone down, just off the hook to disguise it, then scrambled under the bed. It was a tight squeeze, but I made it, settling myself just in time to hear a door being pushed open.

“Babe?”

She wandered around the room like she had all the time in the world. I tried not to breathe.

“Huh, where’d you get to?”

She went into the bathroom, then back into the living room. I was a dust bunny, counting the long seconds. Every minute I was closer to salvation. I just needed more time.

Her footsteps were close and she was back in the bedroom. “Bummer,” she said to no one, “I thought she was here.” She walked over and flopped onto the mattress, pressing the underside a few uncomfortable inches into my chest. “So tired.” I saw a stocking drop down one side of the bed, and then the other. “She’ll turn up in the morning. Right now I’m so beat. It’s time to relax.”

I had to admit, it was actually kind of comfortable under the bed. I could imagine sleeping down here, if the stakes weren’t so high.

“I’ll just focus on relaxing. Slow my heart rate. Focus on breathing slowly.” Her voice was tickling the back of my neck again. I felt warm.

Let every muscle relax, across my whole body. Let every worry fade into nothingness.” And my muscles did just that, sinking into the floor with every passing moment. A dim part of me knew what she was doing, but I couldn’t focus enough to resist. “Feeling so relaxed, focus on the sound of my voice. Deeper and deeper…”

There was precious little room in my head next to the warmth I felt around my muscles. The dissenting part of my brain wondered why this felt so good, but it was just along for the ride. “So mushy, so limp, you can’t move. All you can do is tell me why you’re under the bed.”

“mmhiding…” I slurred. Goddamnit.

“Do you give up yet?”

“nnnnnn…”

“Well that’s fine. You can stay down there in the dark. Just listen to my words and let your eyes droop. Let the world turn black.” My unfocused eyes gave way to the blissful darkness. She started counting down from five, and just as she reached zero I had that familiar flash of blissful oblivion. Then I was opening my eyes on the other side of the bed.

I tried again and again, in every hiding spot I could think of—squeezing into cupboards, behind the couch, and in the bathtub. My best was probably the refrigerator, but she found me after spotting the shelves I had to remove and stash under the couch. I even tried those curtains, which only gave her a chance to mock me with her whole ‘Oh no, wherever could she be’ act.

Every attempt ended in those eyes.

The next thing the operator suggested was barricading the room. Unfortunately the bed and dressers were built into the wall for some reason, and I couldn’t move anything that would actually block the door. There was a lock in the bathroom, so I sat in the bathtub with my fingers in my ears, but that failed when she turned out to have a key.

I tried other phone numbers, dialing at random, trying to find a stranger to help, but I got silence—no dial tone, no busy signal, just empty static every single time. 911 was the only number with a voice on the other end. I also searched the surrounding buildings, looking for someone I could signal, but there was no movement anywhere, nor did I notice any distinct landmarks that could help me figure out where I was. I hadn’t noticed how quiet the city was before, but couldn’t stop noticing it now. It was bright, but inexplicably empty. I was on my own.

Also, forget about building a tolerance to her hypnosis. I thought I might get better at resisting over time, but instead every induction exposed my mental framework for trying to resist as inadequate to the point of cosmic absurdity, like standing on a ladder and trying to punch the moon. If anything, I was going under more easily now, spending a little longer in that comforting void. Every time I went there, more and more, I didn’t want it to end.

“Do you have somewhere you can hide?” asked the operator yet again.

“No.” I said, agitated.

“Can you barricade yourself in the room?”

“No.”

“Is there something you can use to defend yourself?”

“That doesn’t work.” I snarled, throwing the phone back onto the hook.

It was rude. But she wouldn’t remember. Fighting was useless. Erin could freeze me with a word, or a look…if she knew where I was…

My eyes widened. I ripped the cord from the wall and lifted the phone. It was metallic and solid, heavy as a weight. I carried it over to the door, positioning myself behind it in wait. I honestly wasn’t prepared for it to come to this. My hands were already trembling, but this might be the only way. I’d just have to find a way to do it. These were desperate times, and I wasn’t trying to do anything more than knock her down and make my getaway, I told myself.

Soon enough, the door crept open.

“Where are you this time?” she lilted.

I heard her footsteps. Swallowing my nerves, I snuck around the open door to find she wasn’t looking at me. It was now or never. I stepped forward, and shakily raised the phone to the sky.

My knees buckled and I fell flat on my face. The instant my brain sent the electric impulse to bring the phone down on Erin’s head, every muscle I had shut down. The phone smacked on the floor and broke apart with a ding. I laid there, stunned, face-down, my nose stinging and numb from the point of impact. I couldn’t tell if it was bleeding.

She rolled me over to face the ceiling, then leaned over me; a curtain of peach pink hair draped both sides of my head.

“Babe, this is getting dumb.” she said, patronizingly, “You just have to accept you’re here with me.”

* * *

The heaviness lifted from my eyes, but there was a new heaviness on my soul. This was actually happening to me. I was trapped and helpless. I could feel myself getting weaker every time, and there was no way out.

This was fucking bullshit.

I saw the useless silver locket sitting there, and grabbed it, wanting to see how hard I could throw it at the window. It bounced it off the glass with a satisfying bang. Then I picked up the clock and threw that too, smashing it to pieces against the wall. I got up and yanked the phone from the socket, then hurled it into the TV. Gaining steam, I toppled the floor lamps, ripped the bedsheets off the bed, and yanked the curtains from the shower. I stormed into the living room, flipping chairs, knocking things over, targeting everything that looked breakable. A part of my brain observed how useless this was, and how everything would be reset in an instant. I didn’t wanna hear it. I just wanted to break things.

A few minutes of destruction later, the lock clicked and the door opened. I turned to face her, panting.

“Should I come back later?” she asked.

“NO!” I bellowed.

I braced myself for the inevitable loss of motor function.

“I’ll see you in a bit,” she shrugged, then turned and shut the door.

I stood there, bewildered. I waited for a good few minutes, expecting her to come back, but it didn’t happen. Taking a seat on the couch, on the one cushion I hadn’t thrown, I tried to figure out what it meant. I’d smashed all the lights, so I was sitting in near darkness. When the adrenaline ran its course, my body started to crash. I laid my head down, and thought about resting my eyes for a few seconds.

* * *

The heaviness lifted from my eyes. A distinctly not-smashed clock glowed 12:21.

So even when she didn’t take me under, I was back here. That implied the room itself had something to do with it. If so, I had to get past her and into the hallway, but how? What the fuck was I supposed to do? Ask nicely?

Actually…

She’d just left when I told her to, hadn’t she? Come to think of it, I don’t think I’d just asked if I could leave yet. It seemed too stupid.

Fuck it. It was just one more thing to try.

When the lock clicked open, Erin found me waiting there, in the middle of the room, arms crossed.

“I want to leave. Let me out.”

“You think I’m keeping you here?”

I gaped at her. “Why wouldn’t I think that?

She seemed to think on it. “Well, it’s no fun, but it doesn’t change anything.” She stepped aside. “Go for it.”

I hesitated. This was a trick. I’d walk a few steps, then she’d freeze me. It was so obvious. Then again, I didn’t have anything to lose, so I walked forward, stepping past, not looking at her. I reached the door and twisted the knob, pulling it open.

“Hey…” she said.

Here it comes.

“You can trust me, ok?”

I couldn’t believe it. I stepped into the corridor beyond, looking back at her. She waved as the door shut with a click.

I bolted, passing closed doors and light fixtures. The rush of air felt like freedom. I reached an elevator and slammed my hand on the call button. The number above lit up with a dull 1…2…3. It was painfully slow. I was half convinced I’d turn around to see her standing behind me, ready to pull me in again. There was a staircase a few yards away, so I dashed to that instead, bounding down the stairs two at a time. Without warning, the lights faded out, movie theater-like, and I was in complete darkness. I missed a step. A panicked lurch shot through me, and I slammed awake on the bed. It was 12:21. I put the pillow over my face and screamed.

I tried the elevator next, waiting it out impatiently. Sure enough, when the descent started, the lights would fade out, and I’d wake up in bed. I tried again and again, waiting for it over and over, but all forty-eight buttons had the same result. I tried banging on the doors in the hallway, but there wasn’t a sound on the other side of any of them. Just like the elevator, the lights in the hall would eventually dim out, and I’d wake up. It was just another dead end, and every time I woke up, I had a little less interest in finding the next one.

I was lying in bed at 12:21, letting the frustration die down and trying to think. This time the locket caught my eye. It had to be here for a reason, there was almost nothing else in the suite. I reached for it, noticing a little latch on the side that I clicked open. The pearly face of a ticking clock greeted me. It was the sort of thing you’d imagine waving in front of someone’s face in an old cartoon, but Erin hadn’t touched it once. Why would she? She could put me under without even looking at me.

So it wasn’t here for her. That had to mean it was here for me. Was I…supposed to use it?

I ran my thumb over the polished casing, looking for some other clue, wondering if the answer was really that simple. I had no idea what I was doing, but it’s not like I had much else to work with. It was just another thing to try.

When she opened the door, I was sitting on the middle of the bed, cross legged. She seemed curious what I’d try this time.

“Come over here.” I said.

With a raised eyebrow, she approached and sat on the bed.

“Can you turn and face me? There’s just something I need to show you.” I continued.

“All right.”

She sat cross legged opposite me, with a ‘do your worst’ confidence that didn’t bode well.

I held up the chain and dangled the watch in front of her face. I waved it back and forth, trying to get a good rhythm. “Look at this watch.” Her eyes tracked it back and forth, but she still had a smile on her face. I tried to put on a breathy, slow voice. “Watch as it goes back and forth…back and forth…” I was just riffing on generic movie stuff, but it seemed to be working. She was following along, and I was doing a good job of keeping it moving in a pleasant arc. The silver was polished so well, even the dim light of the room was enough to glimmer off it. “You feel very relaxed.”

“Relaxed…” she said, breathily.

Wow, was it that easy? She wasn’t smiling anymore, and her eyes were following the motion. I felt relief flood through me. “Watch it go back and forth…”

“Watch it go back and forth…” she repeated. The glimmer off the watch was a sight to behold. It was hard to keep my own eyes off it.

“Your muscles are so relaxed…” I said slowly.

“Muscles soooo relaxed…” she repeated, the long drawn out word sending tingles down my back. A wonderful pressure was building in my head. It felt so good to finally have her dead to rights.

“You feel so tired…”

“So tired…” she repeated.

My eyes were itching, following the arc.

“You feel…so weak…”

Soooo weak…” she replied.

At some point it had gotten hard to hold up the watch. The chain wobbled a little with my slackening grip, but then it straightened. Another hand had taken it.

“It’s ok, let your hand fall…” she said, and my arm dropped like a stone. I followed the glints of light playing off the watch as it swayed from side to side. “You can’t control me, babe. It feels too good. Wouldn’t it be good to let me make the decisions from now on?”

My head nodded, dumbly.

“I thought so. When I count down from three, it’ll be time to sleep again. Three…two…one…sleep—”

* * *

The heaviness lifted from my eyes, and an unwelcome burning in my cheeks followed. Of course it hadn’t fucking worked. I didn’t know what I was doing, and I was so weak that I’d done half the work for her. She was too powerful, too experienced. Maybe she was totally immune. More to the point, she didn’t seem to want to be hypnotized, while my track record proved I did. It was a complete waste of time—just another dumb joke at my expense.

But as embarrassing as it was, it did give me an idea. Talking with her seemed to delay the inevitable, so why couldn’t I talk her into helping me? I pretty quickly dismissed bribery and threats as options, since she probably knew I couldn’t back up either. All I could do was try to be direct.

When the front door opened, I was waiting on the couch.

“Why are you doing this?”

She strolled over and took a seat a few feet from me. “I’m not doing anything.” I looked at her incredulously. “Ok, fine, I’m doing something, but I’m not the reason this is happening.”

“Ok, then what is the reason?”

“I don’t know.”

I exhaled sharply. “What do you want from me?”

“I want to make you happy.”

“I’d be happy if you let me out.”

“The door’s right there.”

“No. End the cycle.”

“I didn’t start the cycle, why do you think I can end it?”

I stared at her. “If you don’t know anything, why do you keep waltzing in here and hypnotizing me?”

“I have to.”

“Why!?”

“I just have to,” she shrugged. There was a glint in her eye. “Don’t move a muscle.”

* * *

“Do you really have to keep doing that?” I continued, the next time she opened the door.

“More than you can imagine.”

“Why can’t you tell me what’s going on?”

“I said I don’t know the reasons.”

“Don’t you want to?”

“Let’s not worry about it.”

“No seriously, if you’re stuck here too, we can figure out what’s happening and we’ll both get out!”

“I don’t want to.”

I gaped at her.

“I like being here,” she shrugged, “And you like going under. Don’t lie. We should just make the best of it.”

“This can’t be happening…”

“Maybe this is the way it’s supposed to be.”

I screwed up my face in a helpless expression. “Why don’t you wanna help me?” I said in an injured voice.

“Babe…” she said, softening.

“Is this what you want for me?” I begged.

“I don’t have a choice…”

“Yes you do,” I whined, “You can choose me.” I stepped forward to where she stood under the doorframe.

“I’ll always choose you…”

“Then you have to help me.” I took her hands in mine, and she seemed oddly flushed with me so close. “I see how you look at me. I can tell how much we mean to each other.”

It was the first time she seemed at a loss for words. She was honestly jelly in my hands.

“We can do this, but we need to do it together.” I went on. I was looking her dead in her unchanging eyes, my hands rising out of her slack grip and up her arms.

“Do you mean it?” she whispered.

“Together,” I breathed.

I kissed her, and she returned it like a dam breaking. Her hunger caught me off guard, but I let my fire rise to match. I wasn’t being totally cynical. I still thought she was gorgeous, even after everything, and her obvious crush for me didn’t hurt. It seemed like we both needed it.

We stumbled our way into the bedroom with our mouths locked, reaching the bed and rolling over, ripping off clothes, exploring each other. There was something so familiar about the way she moved. We both anticipated each other’s desires perfectly. Eating her out felt so intuitive. When it was my turn, her tongue was a blessing I hadn’t known in who knows how long. It was over before either of us knew it, but I felt a new closeness with her, and with it came a naive sense of hope. Against all sound judgement, I imagined this was somehow the way out I’d been looking for.

After we finished, we were breathing heavily, smiling at each other on the bed.

“That was amazing…”

“Thank you, for that” she whispered, lifting a finger in front of my eyes. “Look at this.” She started circling the finger in front of me.

“Erin, what—“ she clicked her fingers next to my ear.

“Stare.”

The sharp noise and command broke my concentration, and my eyes were following the finger around and around. “Erin…”

She clicked the fingers again, confusing my focus. “You can’t take your eyes off it.” The swirling drew me in, and I was quickly feeling lost again. “Relax your body.” The soft warmth was rising like a tide yet again.

“Why….” I slurred.

“Oh babe…” she whispered, toying with my focus more and more, “I don’t know why we’re here. I just know it’s not up to me.”

* * *

The heaviness lifted from my eyes, but not from the rest of my body. When I was frozen in place, I’d send a signal from my brain to my limbs, and they would ignore the message. Right now, it was too much effort to even send the message. I couldn’t handle the sheer weight of knowing this was it. This was everything I’d ever have, forever. I didn’t know what to do next, so I just didn’t do anything.

The door opened and she came in. “Hey you…” she said, sweetly.

I didn’t move. I just kept staring out the window.

“I’m sorry…it’s just, I had to.” she said guiltily.

“Is it purgatory?” I mumbled, “Is that what this is?”

“Don’t be dramatic…it’s just something we have to make the best of.”

“Fuck off.” I said, more tired than angry.

“Look, what I know is, I open my eyes in the hallway…I know you’re in here, and I know you can’t leave. And when I’m in the same room as you, it just comes over me, this…urge. I can’t help it.”

“I’m so sorry for what you’re going through.” I deadpanned.

“Let me finish. I think you’re right, and we can end this if we do it together.”

I summoned the strength to look at her.

“I’m here to dominate, and you’re here to submit. We need to fully embody that.”

“What does that mean?”

“You need to commit to being my slave forever.”

I rolled away onto my side. “What the fuck…”

“It’s the only thing that makes sense. But you don’t fully trust me yet. That’s the missing piece. You need to give yourself to me.”

“No.”

“I see how happy it makes you when you go under. You love it.”

“I’ve been hypnotized a hundred times, and it causes a reset. This is just the same thing.”

“No, you need to completely give up. You agree to it before falling into a trance. Then the cycle would end.”

“And then what?”

“You’d have to mean it for real, so I guess you’d be mine forever.”

I made a pained groan.

“I’ll treat you so well. It’ll feel so good. What’s the problem?”

“That’s not who I am.”

“How do you know? What do you know about yourself other than you like being controlled and you like me?”

“I’m…” I realized I was missing something. What happened to it? Where was it? I’d known it not that long ago, but right now I couldn’t summon it.

“Tell me my name.”

“What for? You won’t need it much longer.”

“Tell me!”

“You can have any name you want when you give in.”

My stomach twisted. I could see it in my mind, kneeling at her side, with no name, no life, and no purpose but to follow her. I felt fear run through me…I could feel the life locked behind the void of my memory. I could feel the love and hopes and dreams and wants that I just couldn’t access, but I knew were there waiting for me. I imagined losing them all forever, being erased, becoming nothing but an object. And a dark thought came creeping in from the periphery; that this was something I really could want.

I shivered. “I wanna be alone.”

“It’s the only way.“

“Get out.”

“Let me show you how good it’ll—“

“I’ll never trust you again if you start doing that thing right now. If you actually give a shit about me, get the fuck out.”

I thought she’d say something, maybe go straight into another induction, but instead the door closed and she was gone. She didn’t come back. The silence stretched on for what felt like hours. I eventually drifted off, reawakening at 12:21. She didn’t return, nor the cycle after, nor the one after that. I just laid in the same spot, letting the nights bleed into each other, with nothing but the sound of my heartbeat and a numb emptiness inside.

I had to face the possibility that she was right. Maybe that was the only way out. It felt so good to surrender, but the idea that I would never have anything else…that I’d stop being a person and become just…that couldn’t be what I wanted. I could feel the life I’d had, behind a veil I couldn’t see or touch. I couldn’t let that be erased.

But what was the difference if I was trapped here so long that I forgot it anyway?

Tears started welling in my eyes. I began to see that it made sense. The way I was losing a little more of myself every time, the way I could never resist her…she was right. I’d have to give myself away and become nothing. Just hers. Just a doll. I already lost my name. It was only a matter of time before I lost everything else.

And it was there that a speck of something started growing in that void, bigger and bigger as the dark nights blurred together.

Loneliness.

I missed having someone around, but there was nobody except her. To her credit, she never came knocking, which was good because I couldn’t face her. But, the sorrow was eventually so sharp I was overwhelmed. I yearned for a connection, anyone I could talk to.

I picked up the phone and dialed 911. It rang a couple of times.

“…Alice?”

The word cut through my stupor like a hot knife. “…You remember me?”

“Do you know what’s happening?”

I sat up, for the first time in a while. “Uh, no. But you remember my name? You remember the other cycles?”

“I always wake up here. I thought this was some simulation or dream…but I can’t wake up. You’re the only one who calls, and I thought helping you was the answer. But you stopped calling.”

“Shit, sorry! I thought you didn’t remember anything.”

“Why is this happening, Alice?”

“Well…I haven’t figured that out yet.

“Are you ok, wherever you are?” Her low voice had been hard and efficient in ‘professional’ mode, but right now it had a beautifully soft edge. It helped put a little warmth back in my body.

“Yeah, I’m fine...”

“You said someone kidnapped you?”

“She…well she says she doesn’t know what’s going on either. She just has to come in and keep hypnotizing me.”

“Hypnotizing?”

“Yeah, sorry, that’s what she’s doing every time, and then it resets.”

“Alice, I might be able to help you here. You need to tell me everything you know.”

I laid out everything I’d seen and tried, while she listened patiently.

“So this girl comes in and puts you in a trance, and the cycle resets.” she recapped.

“Yeah.”

“And there’s a silver pocket watch on the bedside table.”

“Yeah.”

“Obviously you’re supposed to hypnotize her.”

“I tried that, and it didn’t work.”

“Tried it how many times? Once?” I could hear the disappointment. My cheeks started feeling hot again.

“I tried a few times,” I lied, “But you didn’t see it, ok? It was so bad. She was just toying with me. I think she’s immune or something.”

“Being skilled at induction doesn’t make you resistant.”

“…what?”

“It’s the opposite. Great hypnotists know what it feels like to be guided into that space, right? You couldn’t be a great baker if you’d never tasted sugar.”

“Why do you know about it?”

I thought I heard her shift in her seat. “Call it a hobby I picked up from an ex. The point is, I think I can help you do this.”

“Ok…but—“

“Let me ask, do you think you go under so easily because she’s good, or because you want it to happen?”

“Didn’t you hear me say her eye color can move?”

“So whatever construct this is gives her a leg up. So what? Are you saying you don’t like it?”

“Yes…” I said, catching the lack of conviction in my voice.

“Are you sure? Or do you just want something else too?”

“I mean, it feels good while it’s happening—“

“Better than good. Like the world around you makes sense for the first time?”

“And every time is the first time…” I admitted, “But I still wanna leave.”

“You want different things. They contradict each other, but they’re still wants. She’s just redirecting your focus off one and entirely onto the other.”

“Ok, then what am I supposed to do?”

“What do you think she wants?”

“To hypnotize me.”

“Is that all?”

“No…” I said slowly. The way she threw herself at me when I kissed her…”She just wants me.”

“Here’s what you what you need to do…”

* * *

The heaviness lifted from my eyes, and I rose with a new resolve, taking the watch from the nightstand.

When she opened the front door, she saw me leaning against the couch.

“Hi…” she said, uneasily.

“I think we should talk.” I said, turning and walking into the bedroom. She followed and saw me sitting on the bed. “Come on.” She came and sat beside me. “I don’t want to be alone.” I said.

“You won’t be.” she insisted.

“I need to ask you a question.”

“Ok.”

She seemed a little nervous, but I was steady. I looked directly into her eyes. “For this to work, you need to trust me. Can you do that?”

“Of course.”

“Swear it.”

“I promise.”

I looked into her eyes for a moment, then moved in for a kiss. It was deep and long, and I could sense relief flooding through her, excitement following close behind. My nose was full of her familiar scent, but knew I had to focus. The only way this would work would be if I focused on her pleasure. We broke away, and she was fumbling for my shirt.

“Hold it. Don’t move a muscle.” I said.

Her smile dropped a little, but she let go and leaned her arms against the bed. I rose up, standing directly in front of her and slowly lifting the shirt over my head, letting her savor the moment. I leaned in, putting my hand on her breast, squeezing softly through her tank top. “Take it off.”

She smiled and obliged. I pushed her down onto the bed and began kissing from the nape of her neck, moving all the way down to her inner thighs. I felt her breath quickening as I unbuttoned her shorts and slid them off her, then pulled down the underwear to join them. I roamed my hands around her stomach, and placed my tongue on her clit, letting instinct take over. She started sighing and convulsing, brushing a hand through my hair as I made it last. I felt myself going wet as I licked and traced the edges of her, the energy rising all the time. When the time was right, I put my top two fingers in my mouth, withdrew, and slid them inside her. She shut her eyes, getting louder. I curled and prodded, kissing her thighs, giving all I had until she could barely handle it. The desperation on her face was familiar to me. The heat rose like static in the air, and it was too much for her. She yowled and convulsed as electricity shot through her. Not missing a beat, I crawled up onto the bed and over her, reaching under the pillow and pulling out the silver chain. Sitting on top of her, I dangled it before her closed eyes, and it was the first thing she saw when she opened them. I saw a hint of recognition.

“Look, Erin.” I softly clicked the fingers of my free hand by her ear, confusing her just a little, and she was following the watch. I knew from my mentor that I couldn’t break the wavelength she was on. With my free hand I massaged her chest, paying special attention to her hard nipples. “Trust me,” I said, with as much honey in my voice as I could manage. She nodded and she was following it, looking dazed. “Keep watching…” Her eyes tracked the motion obediently for a time, her breathing peaceful and her face slack in wonder.

But there was a sudden glint in her eyes. “Relax—“.

I stuck my fingers in her mouth, muffling her. She closed her lips around them, sucking them gratefully, and her eyes lost that alertness. The first traces of that numb warmth were rising in my body, and I knew I had to move quickly.

“It’s the only thing, nothing else matters…Relax…Let your muscles go soft and melt into the bed...”

And I could see the profound effect of my words on her—the glassy look in her eyes as they followed the motion, her breathing slowing, the relieved emptiness of her expression. I noticed how wet I was getting as she melted for me. I could feel that omnipotent, ecstatic purpose that I’d felt when going under, but somehow more focused…more potent.

I pulled my fingers from her lips and went back to massaging her, kissing the nape of her neck down to her chest, which wasn’t easy to do while holding the pendulum so high. If it drifted too low and caught her in the face, it could ruin everything, but I held it firm and rose back up for the coup de grace. She was motionless but for the occasional reflex of pleasure.

“Your eyes feel so tired, Erin. You’re so exhausted, and it feels so good.“

And her eyes were drooping, making an effort to stay with the swinging motion. They were glassy and dazed and…spinning like a whirlpool. I realized it too late, and I was caught. I couldn’t break away, just as she couldn’t look away from the watch. It was getting hard to focus on swinging it.

“Relaxing more and more…” I said, the gentle pressure building in my head, “As I count down, you’ll feel more and more tired. You’ll be ready to fall into a deep sleep. Five…”

The beautiful pools stretched out to infinity…

“Four…”

Their motion was so soothing…

“Three…”

What was I doing? Why was I counting?

“T-two….”

I shouldn’t be talking…I should be…

“One…”

A last shred of clarity broke the surface.

“Sleep.”

Her eyes rolled up as her drooping eyelids met, and she went fully limp into the mattress. I swayed, dizzy and numb. It took about twenty seconds for everything to come back into focus. I steadied myself as the strength returned to me, leaning over her as she slept.

“Can you hear me, Erin?”

“….yes…”

“What’s my name?”

“Alice.”

“What do you want?”

“…I want to control you…”

“And what else do you want?”

“…I want you to be happy….”

Two wants. I put down the watch, then stretched my fingers and started running them through her hair, remembering the words I’d memorized over the phone.

“Listen very closely. The best way to make me happy is to serve. Do you understand?”

“…yes…”

“You’re now walking down a long staircase. Above you is the urge to control me, and below is the need to serve. Every step down makes you feel more comfortable. Keep walking.” I let her float in that dream for a minute.

“And now you’re starting to see the final step. When you reach the bottom, you’ll be as far as possible from what you were walking away from. Tell me when you reach it.”

A few seconds passed. “…I reached the bottom.”

“I’m going to snap my fingers, and when I do, you’ll wake up feeling refreshed, and this feeling will be fully a part of you.” I sighed and clicked my fingers.

Her eyes opened. She looked at me looking down at her. I thought I saw a glint in her eye.

“Please, tell me how I can serve you…” she said, breathless and eager.

And an electric current of triumph charged through me. “Any way you want to.” I heard myself say.

She rolled me over and eagerly wrestled my underwear down past my legs. I bit my lip as her eager tongue found my clit. A blinding white streak of pleasure flashed across my mind’s eye. She tasted me up and down, and my lips were opening for her. It all blurred together, as she buried her face into me. The flashes of pleasure were bright and stunning, until they became continuous; becoming all I could see. And the blinding white nothing faded into blackness as I lost all awareness of time and space for what seemed like an eternity, and no time at all.

* * *

The heaviness lifted from my eyes. The first thing I saw was light playing off the edge of the pink hair blanketing a sleeping face a foot away from mine. I jolted up and looked around a little too fast. Erin began to stir.

It was the same room, but it was different. Gone were the modern angles, the gray bedsheets, the monochrome hotel furniture. This was a master bedroom with color, art on the walls, books on the desk, clothes draped over a hamper, and tall plants in the corners. The window was smaller than I remembered, the view much less high, and the air was full of the muffled sounds of morning traffic. On the whole, it was smaller, and much cozier for it. The first beams of sunlight were playing across the wall behind the bed where we’d both been curled up, naked and peaceful.

Erin was less pale than in the dream, with freckles and cute little moles that hadn’t existed there. I was so relieved to see them now. She looked at me sweetly through half-closed eyes. “Morning, Allie.”

“Do you…remember any of it?”

“Remember any of what?”

“Good morning, Alice,” came a third voice, this one strong, deep, and with a soft edge. I looked behind me to see, on my other side, an almost Amazonian woman. She was propped up on one elbow, tall and sturdily built, with sleeves of floral tattoos spreading down her arms. Seeing her made me go wet, and the foggy half memories rushed to the front of my mind—noticing her in the bar a week ago, dancing with her, asking to go back to her place, agreeing to try hypnosis, feeling a rush of pleasure like I’d never known before, and coming to recognize her unfathomable beauty and power. I remembered asking to pleasure her, feeling utterly grateful when she allowed me to. I remembered answering every question she’d had about me, remembered talking about my cute roommate, introducing them the next day, and falling in love with the two of them night after night after night. I remembered who I was now, and it was a relief beyond words.

“Mistress…?”

“How was your lesson?” She asked, sitting up and running a hand down my back, making me melt a little. “Are you ready to help find more girls to play with us?”

Everything I’d learned flashed through my head. “I think so, Mistress.”

“Show me.”

I looked at Erin, now sitting up curiously. I held up a finger in front of her eyes. “Look right here,” I said. As she processed the request, I put my other hand to her ear and clicked my fingers. “Stare.” The sudden noise and multiple stimuli confused her. She only knew that she trusted me and was immediately following the finger around and around with her eye. I made bigger, slower, more exaggerated circles that her eyes tracked perfectly, toying with her.

I withdrew the finger and dropped my hand. Her eyes kept following the path for a moment before becoming focused again. She blinked and shook her head a little.

Mistress was smiling. She leaned forward and kissed my back, making me sigh as the warm pleasure spread across my body, more visceral and immediate than what I’d felt in the dream. “Such a good girl, Alice. I think you’re ready.”

“Yes, Mistress, but…”

She sat up, blanketing me with her body and resting her chin on my shoulder.

“When I asked to learn hypnosis as quickly as possible, If I’d known what it would be like... I’d have just asked you for lessons.”

My heart melted as she placed a gentle hand on my cheek, and turned my head to face her. “What happened?”

“It was just…a bit heavy. I thought I’d never get out.”

She rubbed me delicately. “Poor thing. You know you were completely safe the whole time, don’t you?”

I nodded. “You were there. You helped me…when I needed it most.”

“The details were filled in by you, Alice. You overcame it because you were capable of it. But it wasn’t meant to frighten you, sorry for that. I’d like to make it up to you.“

I knew she would. She began kissing my neck and down my back. I floated in the warm power that radiated through me.

“Was I there?” piped up Erin. She was looking at me a like a dog that knew something was off about their human’s demeanor. I softened, reconciling the dream version with this Erin I knew.

“No, it was someone else.”

“When do you work?” Mistress drawled between kisses. I squinted to the digital clock on the nightstand, which read 6:47.

“A few hours…”

“Beautiful…we’ll have to celebrate your promotion this week.” she sighed, producing a long silicone dildo and already rubbing lube around it. I squirmed in anticipation.

“It’s not guaranteed—”

“Never mind. Would you like to serve me?”

I was hoping she’d say that. My cunt throbbed as I rolled onto all fours. She handed the dildo to Erin then leaned back and spread her legs wide. “Be a dear, Erin; attend to her.” I lowered my head between Mistress’ thighs and let instinct take over, a giddy rush settling over me. I felt Erin’s hands squeezing my ass she shifted her way under my legs, then shuddered as the slippery unit pushed inside me. The heat rose. The ecstatic, breathless joy of giving and receiving temporarily blocked all other thoughts from my head.

Thoughts of the girl at work I’d always wanted to ask for drinks. Thoughts of how I much I could improve with practice.