The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Story: Interference

by J. Darksong

(())

It was a dark and stormy night when Melissa returned home from a long hard day of work. Half-drenched from the downpour, she threw what was left of her umbrella into the trash, and tossed her purse onto the endtable. On the way to her bedroom, she clicked on her answering machine. The recorded voice of her mother soon began playing.

BEEP! “It’s me, honey. Just calling to say hi, and to tell you that your dad and I won’t be able to make it down to see you this weekend. Sorry, hon, but your father’s been invited to a very important meeting this weekend, and I’ll be going with him. It’s a business meeting dear. You understand. Maybe we can fly down next weekend and see you. You know your father and I miss you very much, and can’t wait to meet this boyfriend you’ve been going on and on about. Well, honey, I’ll talk to you later. Bye!” BEEEEEEP!

Melissa sighed heavily as she slipped out of her wet clothes, brushing back the wet strands of her long mousy brown hair. She stepped out of her black satin pumps, grimacing slightly, cursing once more the rule that made them mandatory in the office instead of the flats she usually wore. Her navy blue skirt soon joined them on the ground, revealing pleasantly curved hips, and a moment later, her white silk blouse topped the pile. She then removed her bra, freeing her modest D cup breasts. Glancing at herself in the bedroom mirror, clad only in a pair of black panties, Melissa shook her head. She knew she was a nice looking girl. Very pretty by some some standards. Yet her looks weren’t enough to keep Steven.

Steven. Melissa closed her eyes and willed herself not to cry again. For more than three weeks now she had lamented the loss of her boyfriend, hearing his ugly words again and again in her head... that she was too plain, too frigid and cold... that she was not WOMAN enough to satisfy him... that if she had been more attentive to HIS needs, he wouldn’t have been cheating on her in the first place.

Maybe... maybe he’s right, Melissa thought to herself, as she went to the bathroom and turned on the shower. It’s not like I had men at my beckoned call before him anyway. I mean, he’s SOOO handsome, so smart, and so sexy. Why he picked me in the first place, I’ll never know. I’m such a plain Jane. I was practically a virgin before I met him too. So, why shouldn’t he look around for someone else to share a bed with? What right did I have to get upset... just because he was... he was... fucking my best friend Susan in my bed? Melissa sniffed as she checked the water’s temperature with her hand, barely suppressing the sob threatening to burst forth.

The scene had quickly turned ugly. Steven had grown angry and started yelling and screaming at her, turning the situation around to make it seem as if she were to blame for walking in and catching them in the act. She had been so hurt and confused that she ran out of her apartment, crying. By the time she’d calmed down enough to return home and confront them, both Steve and Susan were long gone. Melissa had cried herself to sleep that night, then rose for work the next day, dreading a confrontation at work with Susan in the secretarial pool. Rather than call her out, however, Susan remained cool and aloof, as if nothing had happened. So Melissa let the matter drop, pretending that it didn’t bother her, all the while she died a little more inside each day.

She stepped into the shower, soaking her head under the warm clean waters, willing them to wash her troubles away with the dirt and dust. It felt so good, so relaxing, to simply stand under the torrent of warm clean water and let it drown her sorrows. She could simply let her mind go blank, and forget about Steven, her job, her mom, everything...

The phone ringing brought her back out of her daze. With a sigh, she stepped from the shower, wrapped a towel around herself, and walked over to the cordless. “Hello? Oh... Steve,” she said softly, hearing the voice she had both longed for and dreaded hearing.

“What are you doing over there anyway?” he asked huffily. “I had to call five times to get you to pick up before that damn answering machine could!”

“I...I was in the shower,” Melissa said, brushing a lock of her wet hair aside.

“Heh, it figures. As bad a storm we’re having right now, and all the damn rain falling isn’t enough for you. You have to go take a shower.”

“But, I was already soaked to the skin!” Melissa protested. “I was just—”

“Listen, Melissa,” Steven broke in. “I just wanted to tell you I plan to swing by later tonight and pick up the rest of my clothes. When Susan and I left that day, I forgot to pick up a few things. I want them back. I plan to be there within the hour, and I HOPE that all of my stuff is still there and still in one piece!”

He was coming to pick up his stuff?!? “You mean... that’s all you called me for? To let me know you wanted the rest of your stuff?” A bolt of lightning striking nearby blocked out Steven’s reply, but Melissa was too angry and hurt from the injustice of it all to notice. “I.. I can’t believe you! I know I wasn’t the best lover... but still... to leave like that, in that way... and then to finally call me after all this time. I thought you would at LEAST have the decency to apologize or something! But.. but all you can think about it your damn clothes and shoes and stuff!”

“You ungrateful little BITCH!” Steven snarled. “I should apologize to you? For putting up with you all this time, for spending my time and sharing a bed with a... a... damn blank slate like you? Before me, you probably never even knew what sex was! You were nothing but a sheltered little bitch from the Midwest, a regular Iowa farm girl! Why, if anything... *mumble* ...ould be... *mumble* ...to me and... bbbzzzzzttt!!”

Lightning struck again, and the lights flickered, the telephone unit in her hand whining with electrical interference. Melissa suddenly became aware of the thunderstorm, and the danger of having her appliances struck. Still clad only in a towel, clutching the static filled phone, she ran over to her computer and unplugged it, not trusting the surge protector to a storm like this. Lightning struck again, closer, and the resulting thunder shook the entire house. Melissa quickly disconnected her DVD and VCR players, then moves to unplug her wide screen TV. Just as she grabbed the plug, the lights flickered again, and the phone in her hand sprang to life, just as lightning struck once more.

“...Answer me, you fucking bitch-slut you!” Steven’s voice came across just as a surge of electricity ran through Melissa’s unprotected body.

She opened her mouth to scream, but the sound never emerged. Outside, the lightning had indeed struck the house, hitting both the satellite dish connected to the television, and the power transformer leading to the house. The overload caused an unusual feedback loop within the charged TV set, the phone receiver still clutched tightly in her hand, and Melissa herself. Her feet were standing in a puddle of water from her shower, reducing her body’s natural resistance to almost zero. The resultant flash of energy sent Melissa flying back into the nearby wall, causing her to slump down into unconsciousness beside the couch. The TV literally exploded with the blast, blanketing the area with smoke and shattered glass. Moments later, the apartment fire alarm clicked on, blaring its alarm loudly, but unheard by Melissa’s unconscious form...

* * *

Melissa awoke to a world of pain. As she became aware of each part of her body, she felt the stinging searing pain that had enveloped it. Her mouth opened in a rictus of agony, and consciousness fled her once more.

She awoke once again several hours later, the pain still there, but muted somewhat. Blinking, she opened her eyes, and looked around to find herself in a hospital room. “Doctor, she’s awake,” a female voice spoke from the right just behind her. Moments later, a tall dark skinned man decked in a white coat stepped into view. He gave Melissa a warm smile, before glancing down at his chart.

“Ah, nice to see you back with us again,” the doctor said after a moment. “I’m Dr. Sheldon. How are you feeling, my dear?”

Melissa licked her lips. “Thirsty,” she croaked, trying to sit up straight. The nurse, a young slender blonde woman, moved immediately to the table and held out a glass of water to her.

“Drink slowly, dear,” she said softly, “you haven’t had any liquids for quite a few days now, so take your time. Wouldn’t want you throwing up now, would we?”

Melissa drank her fill, and felt a bit better. “Where... where am I? What happened to me?”

Dr. Sheldon sat down on the edge of the bed. “Well, you’re at Mercy National Hospital, my dear, but as to what happened to you? I was hoping you could shed some light on that yourself. You were brought in here unconscious, bloody, with severe trauma. You had second degree burns on some parts of your body, and a few shards of glass imbedded in you, like shrapnel. The rescue workers said they pulled you out of your apartment while it was burning... some kind of electrical fire or something.”

Melissa’s eyes went wide. “I... I think I remember... there was a bad storm, I was talking on the phone and trying to unplug everything to keep it from getting struck by lightning—oh my God! There was a huge crash, like thunder... and a bright flash... and then I woke up here.”

The doctor and nurse glanced at each other. “Well,” the doctor replied after a moment, “I guess that would be consistent with what happened to you. The lightning must have struck your TV, and it exploded, and caught fire. Its strange though. When you were brought in, we couldn’t wake you up... it was like you were in a coma or something, so we ran the usual tests, MRI, CAT, the whole list. Usually a coma patient’s brain activity is reduced, and very low, almost like a battery just about out of juice. YOUR brain scans, however, were just the opposite, almost off the scale with activity.”

Melissa blinked, taking all this in, fearing the worse: brain damage, a tumor, a stroke... “So, doctor, what does this mean, exactly? Am I going to be alright? Is this... whatever-it-is going to get better or worse?”

“Frankly, my dear, I can’t say. I’ve never seen anything like it in all my days. Considering the shape you were in when they brought you in, I didn’t expect you to be conscious for another week or so. I’d like to keep you here for a few more days, to run some more tests. I just want to be sure you’re going to be okay. Now, I’ll leave you here to get some rest. Nurse, look after our patient now,” he said as he left the room.

“Well, now that you’re awake,” the nurse said cheerfully, “is there anything I can do for you?”

“Yes, please,” Melissa replied, pushing back the covers with an effort. “Could you help me to the bathroom? That glass of water seems to have run right through me.”

“Of course! Here, let me help you!” The nurse helped her gently into the wheelchair by her bed, and wheeled her into the bathroom, then helped her into place. She stood there at the door, modestly averting her eyes, until Melissa was finished. “All done? Good. And yes, I’ll give you a sponge bath later. I imagine you ARE a bit sticky all over, being asleep for the past four days?”

“Huh? I didn’t ask you about taking a bath,” Melissa said with a frown. Suddenly the rest of what the nurse had said registered. Four days? “I was out for four days?!?” She tried to shout, sounding more like a rough whisper instead. “My job! I have to let my boss know what happened! Oh, and my parents! They must be worried sick!”

“Hey, take it easy, calm down,” the nurse said soothingly, as she helped Melissa back into the wheelchair. “We notified your parents, and they know what happened. They said they couldn’t get here until tomorrow, all the flights out of Boise were booked solid, but they’ve been calling constantly asking about your condition. As to the other, we didn’t know where you worked, so you will probably want to call them. I’m sure under the circumstances, they’ll hold your job.”

You don’t know Mr. Brannigan, Melissa thought grimly. “Okay. I guess that can wait till later. For now, I just wanna get cleaned up.”

“Very good, I’ll take care of it. You just relax.” The nurse helped her back to the hospital bed, and Melissa slid in gently. The nurse gathered some small washrags and some antiseptic, and began to gently sponge off her bandaged patient. “In a few days these bandages will come off and you can take a REAL bath.”

Looking forward to that. I’d be nice to get out of here and get back home... home? Melissa looked up, suddenly. “My apartment! The doctor said there was a fire. Do you know how bad the damage was? Do I even have a house to go back to?” She was so anxious that she started to tremble, and she felt light-headed.

The nurse ran her hand gently across Melissa’s brow. “Just relax, Miss Anderson. All that can wait a few days. For now, just concentrate on getting better. I’m sure everything is fine.”

I hope you’re right, Melissa thought as she closed her eyes, as she drifted off to sleep.

The nurse blinked, then smiled. “Well, I’m sure I’m right. You just get some rest... hmmm. Asleep already? My, you were tired weren’t you?” The nurse checked the IV unit and the heart monitor one more time, then left the room, letting the patient sleep peacefully.

* * *

When she awoke several hours later, Melissa felt more like her old self. Not that being her old self felt particularly good as a norm, but all things considered, it was an improvement. Sitting alone in bed, she had time to contemplate this newest event in her life.

Well, I see I have no flowers or anything. Guess my few friends either hadn’t heard what happened to me, or just plain didn’t care. Not even my parents have shown up to be with me. My apartment is probably a smoking ruin, my job is in jeopardy being out so many days, and on top of all that, I might have some kind of brain tumor. *SIGH* I guess that’s about par for the course, though. Damn. Why can’t I just get a break, once in a while? Why me, God? Why can’t Melissa Anderson get ahead in the world just once in her life?

Her right hand began to itch. Unbearably. Gritting her teeth, Melissa picked at her bandaged appendage, trying to relieve the itching without doing more damage to her still-healing flesh. Oh great! Just what I needed. Thanks a lot, God! Shit... this itch is driving me crazy! Where is the nurse when you need her?

Moments later, the young blonde nurse walked in, half-dressed, with a glazed look in her eyes. She shook her head after a moment, then frowned. “Uhm, uh, did you call me just now?” she asked, confused. “I was at the station, changing into my street clothes—my shift ended ten minutes ago, you know—when I could have sworn that you called for me.” She glanced into Melissa’s blank wide-eyed face. “Is something wrong? Miss Anderson, is something wrong? Should I call the doctor?”

“NO! I mean, no, that’s okay,” Melissa said, recovering quickly. “I’m fine, really! I didn’t call you, nurse. Besides, like you said, your shift is over now, anyway. I’m fine. Really.”

The blonde looked at her, frowning. “Okay, if you’re sure,” she said, moving to the door. “I’ll let the night-duty nurse know to look in on you a few times to make sure. It’s always better to watch coma victims for a few days after they wake up... just to be safe, of course.”

Melissa forced a smile. “Thank you nurse. I appreciate it.” She waited until the woman’s footsteps down the hallway had fallen completely silent before she relaxed again. The gears in her brain started turning, as all the little pieces of the incident started to fall into place. The accident. The abnormal brain activity. The nurse answering questions before she even asked them. Now, the mysterious impromptu visit as she was about to leave just when Melissa wished she was there.

“I’ve got mind powers,” she whispered softly, not daring to truly believe it. Still, it made a weird kind of sense. She’d been shocked, practically electrocuted, when the TV exploded from the lightning strike. The overload must have done... something... to her brain. She’d read stories about people with psychic powers, how some had been born with them, and others having received them after some kind of head injury. She’d always thought the stories fictional, the kind of thing you find in a supermarket rag like the National Inquisitor. But... what if? What if the stories were true?

Only one way to find out. Let’s see. I’ll try and summon the on-duty nurse to my room with just my mind. Ahem... Nurse, come to my room, I need you! Melissa closed her eyes and concentrated. How long she sat there in bed, concentrating, she didn’t know, but when she finally opened her eyes, she saw... nothing. No one. Damn. Guess it didn’t work. I must not have any powers... it was just a stupid dream anyway. Nothing good ever happens to me anyway, so why should this be any different?

Bored, and feeling dejected, Melissa clicked on the TV, flipping the channels, looking for something interesting to watch. Her hand started to itch again, and she dropped the remote as she started scratching it vigorously. The feeling finally faded, and she glanced down at the remote on the floor. Damn. I can’t get down there to reach it on my own. I can barely sit up, let alone STAND up. Just as she was contemplating how to maneuver down to the floor without falling over, the door opened.

Without a word, the young brunette nurse walked to the side of the bed, reached down for the remote control, and handed it to Melissa. She smiled, then turned, and walked to the door. Melissa, stunned at her sudden appearance, called out to her. “Nurse! Wait!”

The brunette frowned, turning back to face her. “Yes? Can I help you Miss?”

“Uhm, I was just wondering how you knew I wanted the remote.”

“How I knew... well you called for me just now, didn’t you?” she asked, planting her hands on her hips. “Honestly, Miss Anderson. I know you are injured, and very weak right now, but I’ve got more important things to do that retrieve dropped items for you all night.”

She heard me! Melissa thought with delight.

“Of course I heard you! Why else would I have come here?” the nurse said sourly. “Now, if there’s nothing else, I need to get back to my station.”

Melissa watched her leave, pondering. She had no doubts now that she DID have some strange power. The problem was, she didn’t know how to control it. She couldn’t out-and-out command someone to do something, it was more like they heard her thoughts and responded to them.

That could be a problem. I don’t want everyone to know what I’m thinking all the time. If I can’t find a way to control it, I might just shoot out random thought to anyone around me without meaning to. Despite this problem, Melissa found herself smiling. It would take practice, but she felt sure she could get a handle on it in time. It seemed that God had finally given her a break for once. All she had to do was figure out how to use it.

* * *

She spent three more days in the hospital recovering. Her parents arrived just as expected, and her mom stayed at her bedside, while her father went to her apartment to prepare it for her homecoming. Melissa was happy to find that her apartment was still intact, and though her living room was trashed, the rest of the apartment was in perfect order.

In the meantime, she practiced with her new abilities. She found that it wasn’t so much a matter of willpower, as it was focus. She found her mind was like a transmitter, sending her thoughts in all directions. To be effective she had to focus her ‘signal’ on a specific target and send out whatever message she wanted to transmit. She still had problems learning NOT to transmit her thoughts when she faced someone or spoke to them. On the day she was released from the hospital, she had the doctor, the nurse, and her mom perform the can-can for her in her room, then made them forget about it afterwards.

She was in high spirits when her mom drove her back to her apartment. “The living room floor is still kind of messy,” her mother warned. “Your dad and the building super were sanding over the burnt places and they took up the panels on the really bad spots, but all in all, it’s livable. You know, Melissa, there’s no reason you have to stay there right now. Your father and I heading back home tomorrow. You could always come back with us...”

She kissed her mom on the cheek. “Thanks, mom, but I’ll be fine. I have a life here now, a job—” At least I hope so. “—and friends here. I just want to get back to my life again.”

Entering her apartment, she saw it was much as her mother had said. The front room had been cleaned up, the broken glass and splintered wood gone, the destroyed TV removed, but several panes of the wooden floor were pot-marked and scarred from the fire. Her father and the super were just returning from dumping her ruined couch at the curb. “Hi, pumpkin!” her dad yelled, hugging her tightly. “How are you feeling?”

“Much better, thanks,” she replied. “Thanks for taking care of all the mess for me. The place looks okay.”

“Yeah, well it’ll do for now. So, are you coming back with your mom and I?”

Melissa shook her head. “Nope. I’ve got too much to do here, dad. I’ll come visit you and mom soon, though.”

Her parents tried a bit more to convince her to come home with them, but Melissa refused to change her mind. Anxious to return back home, they kissed their daughter and left for the airport, promising to keep in touch. Melissa sighed softly as they left. It was tiring, using her new talent so subtly to convince her parents to depart so soon, but the end result was worth it. Now, she could get down to business.

Six A.M. the next morning, Melissa rose from her bed, stripped off her clothes, and took a long hot shower, grateful to be clean once more. She quickly dressed and headed in to the office. Twenty minutes later, her boss, Mr. Brannigan, walked in. He took one look at her and frowned. “In my office, Miss Anderson,” he growled, jerking his thumb towards the door.

Melissa smiled pleasantly as she entered the office, taking a seat in front of his desk. “You wanted to see me, Mr. Brannigan?”

“Ho, as a matter of fact, I did NOT wish to see you,” he stated. “You were out for a whole week, and I had the temp agency send down someone else to take care of your work. Lo and behold, the temp they sent down is about a thousand percent BETTER at the job than you ever were! So, your services will no longer be required here, Miss Anderson.” He gestured coldly towards the door. “Pick up your last paycheck and leave.”

Nonplussed, Melissa shook her head. “You can’t fire me just because I was out for a week. I was in an accident. I called you from the hospital, and the doctor caring for me will collaborate this. You were supposed to hold my job for me until I was well enough to return.”

Mr. Brannigan merely chuckled. “I see you’ve studied the employee handbook. Well, then, let me educate you further in company policy. The handbook states that upon notification of your medical condition, it is up to me to choose whether or not to hold your job for you, or to let you go. Its not as if you are a specialist, an important, needed member of this company, you know. You are a just a secretary, Miss Anderson, and there are millions of others just like you out there. I see no reason to keep you on when I’ve found someone better to do your job. And if you remember the application you signed to get this job, it states that you can be let go without prior notice for any reason.”

Melissa frowned, narrowing her eyes. “Alright then. Let me put this another way.” She locked eyes with Mr. Brannigan and focused her thoughts. “You are NOT going to fire me.”

Brannigan blinked, and blinked again, shaking his head, feeling suddenly lightheaded. “Huh? Uh, what? What did you say?”

Melissa turned slightly, capturing his eyes again. “I said, you are NOT going to fire me.”

His eyes began to glaze over slightly, as he nodded, mumbling softly. “I will not fire you.”

“That’s right,” Melissa said with a smile. “You are very happy with my work.”

“I am very happy with your work.”

“In fact, you think its about time I got a raise, a big one, for all my hard work.”

“Yes... I think its about time you got a raise... a big one... for all your hard work...”

Grinning ear to ear, Melissa felt a rush of adrenaline. After months of abuse, after being yelled at and treated like dirt, she finally had power over her chauvinistic pig of a boss. It was such a trip. She literally had him at her mercy. She could make him do anything she wanted. Ideas began pouring through her head, many of them vile and dirty, things she would never before have even considered. Something about having this kind of power made her feel so dominant, so in control, it was almost... evil.

No. I’m not going that route. All I wanted was to be treated fairly. I just wanted a break for a change. But I’m not going to abuse this gift I’ve been given. I’m not going to let it change me.

She left the office moment later, satisfied with the slight alterations she had made. Content for now, she went back to her desk and began her work. Around nine o’ clock, she went to get a cup of coffee, and all but ran into Susan at the water cooler. Susan wore a look of complete surprise on her face.

“Melissa!” she blurted out. “Wha... what are you doing here? Didn’t Mr. Brannigan talk to you before you came to work?”

“Yes, we spoke,” she replied, pouring herself a cup of coffee. “Once I explained to him what happened, and how I’d be put in intensive care for the past week, he told me how sorry he was, and wished me a quick recovery. Then he told me to get back to work. Looks like the temp he hired while I was gone didn’t get ALL the work caught up.”

Susan just stood there, not knowing what to say, as Melissa walked by, heading back to her desk. She’d hoped that she had seen the last of her, that Brannigan would have let her go after being gone a week. Her relationship with Steven had started to cool down a bit, and they found that they really had nothing in common besides the sex. A constant point of contrition between them now was Melissa. Whenever she did something Steven didn’t like, he would always say, “Well, Melissa was a real prude, but at least she never did THAT,” or “Even Melissa was better at this than you are!” He never hesitated to compare the two of them, and even though she had indeed stolen him away from Melissa, Susan found herself beginning to hate the shy, quiet, girl.

Melissa, however, was unaware of Susan’s feelings. Returning to her desk, she finished typing up the reports she was working on, and began a new batch, when she felt a stabbing pain in her head. At that moment, the intercom blared to life.

“This is Mr. Edwards. Susan, I need to see you in my office, downstairs. Thank you.”

As soon as the intercom switched off, the pain lessened. Melissa gasped for breath, holding her temples. What the hell was that? What’s going on here?

“Hey, Melissa, are you okay?” Brandi, the shapely blonde across from her asked. “You look like you’re in pain.”

“Oh, I’m okay,” she managed, as the pain quickly faded. “Just a slight headache, I guess. Carry over from the accident, I suppose.” Melissa smiled weakly, and Brandi shrugged and returned to her work. It was nice to know that at least SOMEONE cared. Still, Melissa was wary of letting anyone know about her new abilities. She still didn’t know exactly how it all worked, whether she would eventually lose them, whether the shock to her brain had changed her in other ways. The sudden headache really worried her.

Brandi’s phone rang just then. Melissa felt another twinge in her head as the blonde secretary lifted the handle and began speaking. “Hello. Johnson and Mathews Advertising, how may I help you?”

Melissa grimaced, trying to ignore the slight throb pulsing in the back of her head. She began typing once more, focusing on the computer screen in front of her. Slowly, the pain started to ease a bit, and Melissa had all but forgotten about it, when she heard Brandi giggle and hang up the phone. At the sound of the click, she blinked, as her head cleared, and let out a gasp as she saw what she had been typing on her computer.

It has been our findings that today’s market hinges not on flashy or overpriced advertisements, but on integrity and well documented fact. Rather than go with the usual glitter job, we feel that it would be best to go wit—HELLO, BRANDI! THIS IS JAY. I HOPE YOU’RE NOT TOO BUSY** NO NOT YET. I THOUGHT YOU WOULD BE ON YOUR WAY TO MIAMI BY NOW!** I AM! I’M CALLING YOU FROM THE PLANE, HOW COOL IS THAT? I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW I TOOK OFF SAFELY, AND THAT I’LL BE IN EARLY SUNDAY MORNING, SO WE STILL GET TO SPEND PART OF THE WEEKEND TOGETHER** OH WOW! THAT’S GREAT. I GUESS I’LL SEE YOU THEN, LOVER!** YEAH, SURE WILL! OKAY, HAVE A GOOD DAY AT WORK, BABY!** THANKS. HAVE A GOOD TIME IN MIAMI... WELL NOT TOO GOOD A TIME.** OH BRANDI, YOU KNOW I COULDN’T HAVE THAT GOOD OF A TIME WITHOUT YOU! I’LL SEE YOU SUNDAY MORNING! BYE!** BYE!—h an intelligent account of facts, such as your safety record, the awards you’ve won the past five years, and the customer endorsements you have on tape.

“What the hell?” Melissa asked, glancing over at Brandi, who was idly typing away, completely oblivious to Melissa’s confusion. “Uhm, Brandi?” she asked, turning off her computer screen, “can I ask who that was on the phone just now?”

The blonde girl blushed slightly. “Well, that was Jay, my boyfriend. He is on his way to Miami on a business trip this weekend. He called me from the plane to know he took off okay. Isn’t he just the sweetest?” she gushed enthusiastically. Melissa found herself in complete agreement; somehow she knew Jay WAS the absolute sweetest guy in the world, and she just absolutely loved the way he always called her, and left her little presents for no reason, except his love for her...

SHIT! Melissa cursed silently. For a minute there, I started to lose myself! I’ve never even MET Jay before! Those were Brandi’s thoughts and emotions I was feeling.

Brandi looked at Melissa, and noticed her frown. “Hey, Mel, I’m sorry,” she said hastily, misinterpreting her expression. “I know, personal calls aren’t allowed, it was just... well, you know. With all the airport changes since September eleventh, I really worry anytime he flies. I promise I won’t let it happen again, alright?”

“Uh, oh, okay,” Melissa replied, still deep in thought. “We’ll let it go this time. Don’t worry about it.” She turned back to her computer and switched on the screen again, frowning at the very familiar yet mysterious words staring back at her.

First the intercom, now the phone. What next? This gift is turning out to be a lot more trouble than I bargained for.

* * *

Susan sighed deeply as she finally came back down to earth. “Whew!” she panted softly, rubbing her massive breasts into Ryan Edwards’ chest. “That was fucking hot, baby,” she whispered into the company VP’s ear as she nibbled on it softly. “I can’t believe Mrs. Edwards even lets you leave the bedroom to come to work with a cock like that.”

Ryan chuckled softly, kissing the young slut’s dirty hot mouth. “Well, Mrs. Edwards is starting to get along in years now, and she was never the uninhibited sexpot that you are, Susan.” Reluctantly, the fifty-something man pulled out of the secretary, and leaned back into his chair. “You’re almost too much for me, Susan,” he admitted, panting softly. “I’m not as young as I used to be, you know.”

“Nonsense,” Susan replied, slipping to her knees, to clean up the boss with her tongue. “You’re just as strong (LICK) and virile (LICK) and (LICK LICK LICK) sexy as you ever were. (LICK) It’s like they say. (LICK) Men only get better with age. (LICK LICK LICK)

Ryan shuddered helplessly under Susan’s seductive licking. “Ohhh... baby, keep that up and you’ll give me a heart attack,” he said, only half joking. “Mmmmm, you are sooo good to me... I’ll have to do something special for you too...”

Just the response she had hoped for. “Weeeellll...” she said, purring softly against his cock before moving back to her feet. “There IS one little thing you could do for me.”

“What?” Ryan asked, eagerly. “Anything you want, baby. Just name it.”

“Do you remember that girl in the secretarial pool I mentioned before? Melissa Anderson? The one that missed a whole week of work?” She slid her hands down his chest, to his crotch, and began massaging the old man’s cock gently with her fingers.

“Y-y-yeeeaahhh... yeah, I vaguely... recall you m-mentioning her,” he babbled.

“Well, she’s been a real thorn in my side for a while now, and I thought that with her work record so far it would be easy for you to have her boss, Mr. Brannigan, dismiss her.”

“Yes... I talked to him last week. He said he’d get rid of her for me.”

Susan frowned, gripping the rising cock in her hands in a tight grip, making Ryan gasp for breath. “Well, somehow she seems to have convinced him to keep her on! She’s up there right now, sitting at her desk, working as if nothing had happened!” She began vigorously stroking his cock, pumping like mad, emphasizing her words with each grope. “I WANT her OUT of HERE! She’s SUPPOSED to be GONE! You can DO this ONE simple THING for ME can’t you, BOSS?”

Ryan was half delirious with the pleasure stemming from his cock. The dominant tone his secretary was using on him turned him on even more. He wondered idly if he pretended to think about it for a while would Susan bend him over the desk and spank him like last week. But the vigorous stroking of his cock was more than he could stand. “Ohhh... Susan!! I can’t take much mooorree...”

“Then SAY you’ll DO what I WANT!” she smirked, speeding up her motions. “Say IT, and YOU can CUM for ME!!”

“YESSSSS!!” Ryan bellowed loudly, as he shot his load. It was only a tiny amount, thanks to cumming so vigorously beforehand, but it felt to him as if he’d drained himself completely dry. He nearly collapsed in his chair when it was over.

Susan wiped her hands on his handkerchief, then pulled her clothes back on. She leaned forward and kissed the VP’s forehead lightly. “Thanks, Boss! I’d better be getting back to work now. See you tomorrow.”

Ryan Edwards breathed deeply, watching her go. Knowing he was watching, she exaggerated the wiggle in her walk. “That woman will probably be the death of me,” he murmured softly, as he rearranged his clothes back to some semblance of normalcy. “But damn! What a way to go!”

* * *

Melissa left work at the end of the day in a good mood for a change. Her job was secure. Her boss was now more humane and friendly towards her. She’d even managed to catch the city bus on time instead of having to wait half an hour like usual. Aside from a few more strange occurrences whenever the phone rang, it had been a perfect day.

The phone situation concerned her, though. Whatever had happened to her seemed to made her especially susceptible to phones. The other electronic equipment had no adverse effects, barring the intercom system which continued to give her a severe headache. The office radio did nothing to her at all. And answering her own phone, talking to whomever was calling didn’t effect her either. But whenever the phone of someone nearby rang, she found herself losing time, waking up suddenly with thoughts, feelings, and memories not her own. Most were the normal office calls, about pricing, or advertising accounts... but she felt very disturbed when Francine received a friendly call from her fiance, causing Melissa to cum in her chair from the words passed.

Still, it was a small price to pay. Nothing bad had come of it yet, and she was still reluctant to mention any of this to her doctor. The last thing I need is to go to Dr. Sheldon and tell him what’s been going on. He’d either think I’m nuts and send me to a psychiatrist, or he’d believe me and run a bunch of tests to see what makes me tick. Ugh. I am SO not into being a human test subject.

Kicking off her black leather heels, Melissa clicked on her answering machine, and her computer, and went to the bedroom to change clothes. The machine blared loudly, “You have two new messages. *BEEP!* This is Doctor Sheldon. Just calling to remind you that your check-up is scheduled for Saturday at eleven. I’d like you to call me back when you get this message to confirm, and to let me know how you’re doing. I’m still studying your case, Miss Anderson, and though that excess brain activity still confounds me, there doesn’t seem to be any trace of brain damage indicated. Just let me know if you suffer from any strange or unusual side effects. Thanks. *BEEP!*”

Well, speak of the devil, Melissa thought with a sigh. She’d rather not go back and let the doctor poke around in her brain again, not so much for fear of that something might be wrong, but for fear he might discover her secret, or worse, find a way to cure her. I guess I can’t put it off though, she thought, resigning herself. If I do, it will just make him all the more curious. Besides... if he DOES somehow find out my secret, I could always use my new Gift to make him forget. And while I’m there, I can put it in his mind that we won’t need any more follow-ups. She frowned. I don’t really want to abuse my Gift this way... the more I use it, the easier it will be to abuse it, and use it without conscience. But I can’t let the doctor mess around with my head.

The second message began to play. “Hello, Melissa,” the voice said. Melissa’s breath caught in her throat. Steven. “Sorry to hear about your little accident last week, but it seems like you’re alive and kicking once more. Anyhow, I was calling about my stuff. I never DID get to come by and get it. When I came by last week, the place was a mess, and police and fire fighters had the apartment mostly sealed off. Let me know when you get in, so I can come by and pick up my stuff, okay. Smell ya later, babe. BEEEEEP!”

Melissa missed most of the message once she recognized the voice speaking. Her mind had wandered back to that night, their last conversation before the lightning strike. Steven, letting his temper show again, cursing her out, calling her a fucking bitch, blaming her for all of their problems. Even as the electrical blast had struck, frying her, burning her flesh and singing her insides, she remembered his harsh uncaring words.

Answer me, you fucking bitch-slut you!

A part of Melissa, a deep dark part of her, wanted badly to march over to his apartment, to use her power on him, send him to his knees, and reduce that haughty arrogant prick to tears, to make him beg for her forgiveness. With just a few simple words, she could have him again, make him over into the perfect boyfriend, or even better, her loving sex slave... but she resisted the urge. The tempting idea, and her readiness to submit to it only proved how easy it was to be corrupted by her own Gift.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts thusly. No. I won’t stoop to his level. Anything I do to take revenge on him would make me no better than he is. Emerging from her bedroom in a gray woolen warm-up suit, Melissa popped a frozen dinner into the microwave and clicked on the television.

* * *

Steven sighed deeply as Susan walked into the apartment. Lately, just being in her presence had become a trial, and the face and voice that had once set his loins stirring now had the opposite effect. He was the first one to admit (to himself, of course, never aloud to anyone else!) that he was tough to live with, but Susan? Sure, she was a great fuck, but you couldn’t fuck 24/7. And when she wasn’t grinding his mammoth cock into her fabulous puss, she was grinning every one of his nerves with her shrill whining.

“Huh. Relaxing after another hard day’s work, I see,” she said acidly, glancing down at him. “God, is this all you do when you get home from work? Flop down in front of the television and see if you can break your own record for the most beers drank within a night?”

Steven drained the last can dry before answering. “Just getting myself ready for you to arrive, Susan dear,” he retorted. “After a hard day of working on cars for ten hours, there’s nothing I like better than to listen to you bitch and complain about your ‘oh-so-trying’ day in the secretarial pool. Shit... and you wonder why I drink.”

“No, what I wonder is why I keep coming over here!” she said tersely, moving to the kitchen to grab a drink for herself. “If it wasn’t for the sex, I swear...”

“Likewise, babe,” Steven nodded, switching channels until he found a basketball game on. “So... why don’t you tell me about your day. What new and exciting developments happened today in the world of advertising to test your patience today?”

Susan bit back the stinging barb she had ready, and instead replied, “Actually, since you mentioned it, I saw your former girlfriend Melissa at work today. After being out a whole week, she just showed up and went to her desk, like she hadn’t missed a day!”

“Well, she had an excuse for being out, you know,” Steven replied coolly, changing channels during the commercial. “Being electrocuted and burned tends to make it hard to go to work the next day.”

Hmmm. I wonder if she’s badly scarred. She wasn’t exactly Christy Brinkley before, but it would be a shame if she was horribly disfigured. I might have possibly hooked back up with her for a brief while after I dump Susan, but now... well I have standards.

“Whatever,” Susan said dismissively, not wanting yet another comparison of how perfect Melissa was compared to her. “I heard from a reliable source that she was going to be given the axe. I don’t know how she managed to get through the day, but come tomorrow she is history.”

Steven arched a brow. “Really? You sound almost happy about that. You wouldn’t have had anything to do with it, would you?”

Susan laughed, sliding over into Steven’s lap, running her hands against his chest. “Me? Oh please. I’m just a secretary like she is. I have no more influence over company policy than anyone else. But yes, I’ll be happy to see her go. But enough about her,” she purred, lifting her skirt, revealing her pantiless crotch, and grinding it gently against Steven’s rapidly responding member. “Let’s put aside the arguments for awhile, and... ‘make up’.”

Kissing his love mate’s lips, Steven showed his agreement, and began unzipping his pants.

* * *

As always, Melissa arrived at the office bright and early the next morning. She’d already made fresh coffee and started on the day’s work when the rest of the employees began making their way in. Promptly at eight o’ clock, the intercom switched on.

“Melissa Anderson,” the box squawked loudly. " Please report downstairs to Mr. Edwards’ office immediately.”

Once her head stopped throbbing, Melissa made her way towards the elevator, noticing Susan’s rather gleeful expression as she passed by. Ryan Edwards was standing up when she entered his office, and right away Melissa knew something was up. “Please, have a seat, Miss Anderson,” he said, gesturing to the chair in front of the desk. She sat, but Mr. Edwards continued to stand, walking around the room, circling her slowly, as a shark tends to circle its prey before going in for the kill.

“I see you’re feeling well enough to join us back here at work,” he said idly, as he made another pass. “We certainly missed you in the secretarial pool last week.”

“Um, thanks you, Mr. Edwards,” she replied, eyes narrowing. What was all this leading to?

“I’m sure you know company policy concerning unwarranted absences, Miss Anderson,” he continued soberly. “You’re allowed three for the entire year. No exceptions. It seems to me, that you racked up FIVE missed days.”

“But, I was in the hospital!” Melissa protested. “My apartment got struck by lightning, and I got electrocuted and burned! I had my doctor send a copy of his findings to Mr. Brannigan when I woke up.”

“NO exceptions,” Mr. Edwards repeated. “You’re an office secretary, Miss Anderson. You are not indispensable. While you were out for the entire week, we hired on another temp to handle the backlog of work your absence caused us. This is an ADVERTISING company, Miss Anderson. We stay in business by giving the client what he wants, when he wants it. If we hold up that process for one secretary with personal problems at home, we don’t get our work out to the client in time. And our client goes to someone else who doesn’t HAVE secretaries out for weeks at a time. They go to someone who can deliver on time. Is that what you want?”

Melissa went cold inside. Standing up, she turned to face Mr. Edwards. “You’re firing me, aren’t you?” she accused.

“You’re being ‘let go’, so you can stay at home and recover fully from your accident,” he corrected, finally making his way back to his chair. “Frankly, Miss Anderson, in reviewing your record, there’s not much you can say in your defense. Your superior, Mr. Brannigan, has filed numerous complaints against you in the past, saying that your work has not been up to par. Believe it or not, he actually defended you when I told him to fire you this morning, saying that you had improved dramatically over the past few weeks. Still, the decision isn’t his to make, its mine.”

Something clicked in the back of Melissa’s mind. Susan’s knowing glance as Melissa walked past her. Her frequent trips to see Mr. Edwards at lunchtime. The way she always came back, rumpled, her clothes slightly in disarray. Your decision? No, I don’t think so. Susan. It has to be Susan. Come to think of it, she always seemed to know when someone was getting the axe before they were called in... usually someone new in the office that she seemed to dislike for some reason or another. Now, she wants me gone.

Melissa stared hard at Mr. Edwards, turning her full powers to bear on him. “I don’t think so,” she said softly, as his eyes grew wide and glassy. “Want me to tell you what I DO think? I think you’re nothing but an incompetent, bumbling simpleton! It wasn’t your idea to fire me. Forget company policy! I happen to know Susan Holmes has missed more days than I have, always with some flimsy excuse, and she still works here. You know what I think?” she said angrily, directing her probe straight into Edwards’ mind. “I think your fucking brain is in your dick! Letting Susan have her way with you, letting her manipulate you into doing whatever SHE wanted... you haven’t even GOT a brain!”

Standing up, she walked to the door and slammed it hard, covering her face to keep the tears from running down her face. It hurt. Inside, it hurt that someone she had once considered a close friend, her ONLY friend, had betrayed her this way. She should have seen it coming. She’d always known what kind of person Susan was, but because the woman had been decent to her, she’d looked past it. Now, the fact of the matter was staring her in the face. Wiping her eyes, she ran to the bathroom, past the Mr. Edwards personal secretary, who glanced up at her in alarm at her expression.

Wanda St. James watched her go, and shook her head. It seemed to be a pretty common occurrence at this company. She’d been Mr. Edwards’ secretary for three years now, and she knew all about the frequent visits during lunchtime, the moaning and groaning filtering out through the office walls. She also knew Susan Holmes very well, and knew who held the real power in this company. Many a time had some unfortunate girl walked away from Ryan Edwards’ office in tears after coming afoul of Susan. Sad but true. It was all office politics.

When Mr. Edwards didn’t call her to ask for his next appointment, Wanda went to the door and knocked. A soft moan was her only answer. Opening the door, she peaked inside to find her boss slumped down over his desk. Fearing the worst, she ran into the room, shouting his name. “Mr. Edwards! Are you alright? What happened?” She pushed him back into a sitting position and received a shock. His face was slack, and his eyes were glassy, as if he’d overdosed on something. She shook him a few times, calling his name, and for a moment, he glanced at her. He opened his mouth, as if to speak, but only mumbled a series of nonsensical syllables, and began to drool heavily, eyes rolling back into his head.

Wanda quickly ran to the phone, and dialed 911. “Hello! Hello! Help! This is Wanda St. James at the Johnson and Mathews Advertising Agency! My boss... Ryan Edwards! He’s hurt! I don’t know if he’s been poisoned or drugged or what... just send someone down her quick!”

* * *

By the time Melissa had calmed down enough to leave the bathroom, the rescue workers had already arrived, and were trying to assess Mr. Edwards’ condition. She stood there in shock as several ambulance workers and policemen cordoned off the area, directing people to move on and go back to work. Wanda pointed to her, and a policeman stepped forward.

“Excuse me, are you Melissa Anderson?” he asked, scribbling something onto a small notepad.

Melissa swallowed. “I am. What... what’s going on here? What happened to Mr. Edwards?”

“That, Miss Anderson, is what we’d like to ask you.”

“Yes, Melissa,” Wanda stated, moving up behind the policeman. “You were with him last. What happened in there? Did you hit him on the head, or pump him with some kind of drugs? Try to poison him? What did you do?”

“Calm down, ma’am,” the officer said. “I’m asking the questions, here. So, Miss Anderson, tell us what happened in there.”

“Nothing, really!” she said, glancing towards the door as Ryan Edwards was wheeled out on a gurney. “Oh my God! Is he... I mean.. is he...?”

“He’s alive, for now. We still need to know what’s wrong with him. He’s acting drugged—head lolling, eyes rolling back into his head, drooling like a damned idiot or something. I need to know what happened while you were in the office with him alone.”

“Nothing, I swear,” she said, frightened. “I... I... he called me up. I was going to be fired for missing too many days of work. I got upset and yelled at him, telling him he was a prick, a fucking bastard. I told him—” that he didn’t even have a brain! OH FUCK!!! The policeman and Wanda looked at her as she paused. “I told him off,” Melissa said softly, as her mind quickly assembled something plausible. “I... I yelled at him. I was upset. I was being fired, you see? I guess... he got upset as well. He’s kinda old, you know... in his mid-fifties. I saw a bottle of pills or something on his desk... maybe... maybe yelling at him like that.. made him have a stroke or something?”

The officer cocked an eyebrow. “A stroke? Miss Anderson, do you honestly contend that the man had a stroke because you yelled at him?”

“I... I don’t know what happened, alright!” Melissa yelled back. “He was alive and well when I left his office. You think I hit him, or drugged him or something? Let the doctors check him out. I swear, I didn’t touch him! If I made him sick by yelling at him like that, I’m sorry, but dammit he was firing me! He was terminating me over some bull about attendance! I’m sorry if I don’t seem sorry right now, but I have my own problems.” She stared defiantly in the officer’s face. “So, are you going to arrest me, or can I go now?”

The man sighed. “You can go. We have your home address and phone number in our files. We’ll be in contact if there’s anything else.”

Melissa walked away, getting her coat and purse from her cubicle on autopilot, as her mind ran in circles. She’d intended to use her powers to intimidate Edwards, to get him to give her job back, and to possibly make him resist any further advances from Susan. But her anger had gotten the best of her, and she’d unknowingly lobotomized him instead. Was her power truly so strong that she could simply tell someone that had no brains, and make it so? The thought terrified her.

This is just what I was afraid of. This gift... its more like a curse now! I got mad and lost control for just a second... and now I practically killed the man. He’s brain-dead, anyway. And all over a lousy job that didn’t pay so well in the first place. No. I’m not going to let it happen again. Never again. From now on, I’m not going to use my powers on anyone.

By the time she reached her apartment, she’d made up her mind. She would simply put the whole matter behind her and start looking for work in the morning. The police would be no problem; whatever she’d done to Edwards, she’d done with her power. There would be no physical signs of anything wrong, and nothing to lead them to her. She felt a twinge of guilt for ruining the man’s life, but not much. He’d fired her after all, and for no other reason that his lover and Mistress Susan told him to.

She felt a twinge of pain just as the phone rang. “Hello?” she replied.

“Melissa, it’s Susan,” came the terse reply.

Melissa scowled deeply. How dare she call her after everything that had passed between them. “What do You want, Susan? I don’t have anything to say to you.”

“The hell you don’t!” Susan fired back. “I know it was you that tried to get rid of Ryan today.” Ryan hmmm? Not MR. Edwards? That in itself had confirmed it, but Susan left no room for speculation. “I was his lover, you bitch!” Susan snarled. “He was going to help my rise through the company. I was going to be a CEO by the age of thirty. Now, thanks to you, he’s a vegetable! Worse, the police are asking a bunch of questions about me now! If our affair comes out... well, let’s just say that I’ll owe you one if I lose my job!”

“Just like I owe YOU one for making me lose mine?” Melissa fired back. “I know full well that you were the one pushing Edwards to get rid of me. Well, turnabout’s fair play. I don’t CARE if they find out about your affair, and I certainly don’t care if they fire you or not. I want nothing more to do with you at all, Susan. But just for the record, all I did was yell at the old man. If you want someone to blame for this, blame yourself!” Melissa slammed the phone down so hard it bounced out of the cradle and onto the floor, sliding behind the TV.

Sighing, Melissa clicked on the tube, trying to quell that small insistent voice inside her, begging her to take some kind of revenge on that bitch Susan. Closing her eyes, she forced the desire down, down inside her, and tried to focus on the TV instead, breathing deeply.

* * *

As the TV blared to life, Melissa felt herself relaxing. She kept her eyes closed, and continued to breath deeply, feeling more and more at ease every moment. Soon, she was very relaxed, so much so that the remote slipped from her hand, onto the floor. The channel changed, flipping from the evening news to a pay-per-view channel she’d subscribed for. The Pleasure Channel.

Melissa sighed softly, letting herself slip into a waking sleep, as the sounds of pleasure drifted to her from the erotic show playing. Unknown to her, the dropped phone, forgotten for now, had fallen right behind the right speaker of the TV, still on. Every sound, every moan, every cheesily delivered word of dialogue, hit her two-fold, in her ear, and directly into her subconscious via the phone.

The program ended, and Melissa sighed, nearly coming back to herself in the momentary silence between features. Then the next one started, and the stream of information beamed into her brain lulled her back into that warm, relaxed fog. This picture was more risque, a D/s flick about an evil dominatrix trying to take over the world, enslaving all those around her into her sex slaves. It was trite, and badly written, and had Melissa been fully aware of herself, she would have never watched it. In her current condition, however, her mind eagerly soaked up every bit of the show like a sponge.

The program lasted three hours, during which time, Melissa ‘saw’ every second, memorizing every word, and playing them all over and over in her mind. Just as the credits were rolling, her phone, which had been active the entire time, began beeping. The charge on the battery was running out. The next feature had started, and was about five minutes into the show when her phone died.

* * *

Melissa opened her eyes with a gasp, as she instantly became aware of herself and her surroundings again. It seemed as if she had just closed her eyes seconds ago, but glancing about, she saw that several hours had passed. It was nearly midnight! She stared at the erotic sight on the TV for a moment or two, idly stroking her naked pussy as she watched, not yet registering the fact that sometime during her lapse, she had removed all her clothes. Finally, yawning, tired despite her short ‘nap’, she reached down for the remote, and flicked off the TV. It was late and she needed her sleep. She knew she had a very busy day tomorrow, though her thoughts were so fuzzy and indistinct that she couldn’t quite remember why.

Slipping into bed, she had a momentary flash: Susan’s haughty smiling face, laughing at her, taunting her. As she closed her eyes and slipped off into deep slumber, the thoughts and ideas she’d repressed, her deep desire to get even with Susan, and the erotic programs that had been hard-wired into her subconscious began to mix and fuse, coalescing into something completely different from the shy, reserved, personality Melissa had showed before now. A smile grew across her lips as she tossed and turned—a smile full of cruelty and lacking any kindness, far removed from any expression her face had ever shown before. The dark presence within her began to grow, gaining strength, overwhelming her core personality, until only it remained. The transformation completed, Melissa’s tossing and turning ceased, and she settled down into calm serenity and dreamed dark, foreboding dreams.

* * *

Susan sighed deeply, as she got dressed for work. It was going to be a dreary depressing day, she knew. Ryan Edwards was out, indefinitely, and it would take time and effort to wrap the new VP around her little finger. Until then, she would have to fend for herself. All the office girls that used to keep out of her way like scared little bugs would be all grins today. She expected to get a call from the police as well, sometime this week, concerning her relationship with Edwards. The one thing that kept her day from being a total wash was the fact that Melissa Anderson had been FIRED.

She glanced over at the bed, looking at the lumbering slumbering lump draped on top of the covers. With an effort, she choked down the grunt of disgust that threatened to issue forth. The problems between her and Steven had gotten worse. She’d been in a terrible mood when she returned home from work yesterday, and as usual, Steven had been too obliviously self-absorbed that he hadn’t even noticed. The sex hadn’t been that good, either. She’d only gotten off once before he conked out on her. Without her lunchtime session with Ryan Edwards, she hadn’t been able to relieve that sexual tension she’d had building up in her that day. When Steven grunted loudly, filling her with his jizz, looking all pleased with himself, it was all she could do to keep from clawing him to pieces.

“I don’t need this,” she said softly, grabbing her keys and heading out the door. “I wanted him after Melissa went on and on about how good he was in bed, about how loving, and sexy and hot he was. Just like a brand new car, he’d been exciting at first, a real hot ride. But newness aside, he was still a lemon, and it was time to trade up.

She clocked in at the office clock right at eight o’ clock, on time for once, and walked to her desk. She’d just settled down and began working on the stack in her INBOX when she heard a familiar voice behind her.

“Well well, doing some real work for a change.” Susan whirled around to face Melissa, sitting smugly on a nearby desk. At least she THOUGHT it was Melissa. Decked out in tight, black, form-fitting leather pants, ending in three-inch, high-heeled, black leather boots, clad in a thin white blouse, covering what was obviously a tight, black leather corset. A black studded choker circled her neck, and her brown hair, usually tied back in a ponytail, had been dyed jet black, and relaxed, almost flat against her. She smiled a knowing grin as she sat, crossing and uncrossing her legs.

“Melissa!” Susan frowned, peering at her closely. “What are you doing here dressed like this? You were fired, remember?”

“Yes, I do,” Melissa purred softly, sliding off the desk and onto her feet in a smooth subtle motion so fluid it looked like she’d practiced it for years. “I also remember who it was that got me fired in the first place. So I came here to pay you a little visit, and maybe have some private... girl talk.”

“As you said last night, we have NOTHING to say to one another. Leave now, before I call security.”

Melissa laughed. “Go ahead and call them. Who do you think let me into the building in the first place? I think you’ll find them all very friendly towards me... as well as everyone else in the office today.” She gestured to the other women and office personnel, walking around past them, as if they weren’t even there. She took a step towards Susan, who backed away, maintaining her distance. “Oh, Susan, are you afraid of sweet little Melissa? You don’t think I came all the way down here to hurt you, do you?” She laughed again, a hollow sound, sending shivers down Susan’s spine.

“Well then, what DID you come down here for?” she spit back, marshalling her resolve.

“Like I said, just to talk to you.” Melissa pulled up a nearby chair and sat down. “Sit down, and let’s talk a bit.” When Susan refused to budge, she focused her gaze on her and pointed to the seat. “I said, SIT, Susan,” she barked. Instantly, Susan’s legs turned to jelly, and she slid gratefully into the offered seat.

“That’s better. Now then, I have done a lot of thinking since our last conversation,” she went on, idly sliding a hand against Susan’s thigh. “You and I were friends once, weren’t we? We could be friends again. Close friends,” she said, sliding the hand up a bit more.

Susan blushed hotly, pushing the hand away. “Not THAT kind of friends! I’m no horny dyke slut, and I never knew you were either!”

I wasn’t that way either, Melissa thought idly, before the bubbling darkness inside her swept such contrary thoughts aside.

The smile returned to her face, and she locked her gaze on Susan’s eyes once more. “Oh, perhaps you don’t know yourself as well as you think, Susan,” she cooed, stroking Susan’s leg again as the blonde girl moaned softly. “I was your friend before Steven came between us, Susan. I’m STILL your friend now, despite everything that happened. You’re very good friend.”

Susan blinked, hey eyes wide and glassy. “Yeeaaahh... my very... good friend.”

Melissa chuckled softly. “Yes, your good friend, trusted friend. I would never lead you astray, would I? I’d never LIE to you.”

“N... no...” Susan answered softly.

“That’s right. So whatever I tell you would only be true. Not only true, but the Truth. The pure and absolute Truth. Like the way my hand is stroking your thigh just now... it feels good doesn’t it?”

A soft sigh left Susan’s lips as Melissa’s words sank in. “Yeesss,” she purred softly. “Feels good...”

“Having another woman stroke your thighs like this feels good. It gives you pleasure. It makes you all hot and bothered, doesn’t it? So, you see, you ARE ‘that way’ after all. You like women, you just didn’t know it till now, just this moment.”

Susan gulped softly, a throat gone dry, as the Truth dawned on her. Suddenly, everything made sense to her. Her resentment to the other girls in the office, her relationship problems, the reason she could never find the perfect man to satisfy her. She needed a woman’s touch!

“I’m right, aren’t I?” Melissa continued, sliding her hand underneath the elastic waistband of Susan’s dress slacks, oblivious to the other women in the office. “You love women. You’re a hot little lesbian dyke, spending all that time with your countless boyfriends only for appearances. Even your fucking Ryan Edwards was just to get ahead in the company, not because you enjoyed it.”

Susan felt her mind twist again under Melissa’s words. True, she had been fucking the senior VP to advance her job, but she had taken great pleasure in it as well. Now, those memories of pleasure dissolved, reformed, and she recalled now how tiring and troublesome it had been. Still, anything for the almighty dollar...

Melissa leaned closer, staring at Susan inches away from her face. “I can tell you something else, Susan,” she whispered softly. “You’re a real slut. A total slut.” Susan’s eyes widened, not with denial, but in realization. “Only a slut would fuck someone just to get ahead in the company, someone without inhibitions or limits. Yes, there’s no limit to the sexually depraved things you would do. Why, I bet you would even have sex with animals if you had the chance. Can you imagine that, Susan? Fucking an old, dirty dog, having his canine DICK working its way into your hot wet pussy? The thought makes you horny, doesn’t it, Susan?”

Indeed, Susan felt her thighs begin to slicken from the juices dripping from her snatch. She felt as if it were boiling, the temperature making her brain sweat, as all her secrets were sweated out of her pores. Melissa, her best friend, knew her all too well, knew every sick and twisted thought running through her wickedly twisted mind. Instead of feeling ashamed, she felt delighted, invigorated. Here was someone who understood, someone who she could talk to, confide in. She trusted Melissa more than anyone else in the world. Eagerly, Susan listened, waiting for Melissa to tell her more, to reveal more secrets about herself.

Melissa, likewise, was feeling pretty randy. Her thighs, snug and tight in her black leather pants, were slick, and her clit throbbed like a ticking time bomb, as words from her terribly evil mind spewed forth from her lips, a black poison she used to further contaminate Susan’s psyche.

“Oh, but there’s more, Susan,” she murmured, her voice barely a whisper now, knowing all to well that Susan was attentive, utterly captivated by her words. “I also know that you’re submissive at heart. That more than anything else, you desire a strong, powerful, confident woman to lead you, guide you, direct you down the path of sexual depravity. You want someone... someone like ME,” she said, brushing her lips lightly against Susan’s, licking them softly, just as the dominatrix had licked her newly conquered slave on the show last night. “Yes, someone just like me, to guide you. To CONTROL you. We both know how wild and uninhibited you are, how if it were up to you, you’d have every girl in the office lined up, ready to eat them out, one after the other, like the slut you are. You need someone like me, someone to MASTER that wildness, to temper it, and keep you under reign.”

Susan’s eyes focused just for a moment, looking clearly at the woman telling her these things. Melissa had never seemed stronger, more confident and in control that she was now. Aside from the white blouse, her black leather ensemble seemed a more fitting wardrobe for a dominatrix than an office secretary. Her black hair, and thickly mascaraed eyelashes added to the ensemble, and the only thing really missing was a riding crop. Suddenly, she knew that Melissa was what she had been looking for all her life, as a lover, as a friend, as an Owner and Mistress. It was as if a spotlight had descended to shine only on Melissa, illuminating Her, showing Her as Susan had never seen Her before. She wanted nothing more than to fall to her knees right now, to kiss and lick Her boots, to grovel at Her feet forever. Somehow, she knew that Melissa wasn’t finished speaking to her yet, and that She desired her to sit still until she finished.

“I want you to do something for me, Susan,” Melissa said, sliding her fingers deeper into Susan’s waistband, finding her cleft, and plunging them in deep. “I want you to give yourself to me, Susan,” she continued, pumping away at Susan’s steaming snatch, making her hips writhe and move uncontrollably. “I want you to willingly enslave yourself to me, now, in your mind, your heart, your soul. I want you to offer me your complete and total submission, and mean it with all your being. Once you do, you will be my slave, my horny little slut, to do with as I please. It’s what you want... what you NEED. All you have to do is beg for it.” Melissa felt he inner thighs squishing together. Forcing Susan to beg for the privilege of having her mind fucked was sooo hot! Why hadn’t she done this before, when she’d first obtained her powers?

Susan felt as if she were melting. The need, the desire to give herself to her Mistress was overwhelming... she felt like a candle, burning, burning, with need. She was a wildfire, a blustering, raging inferno, one that only her Mistress could control and tame. Her Goddess was giving her a choice, letting her make the decision, but she realized that there was no choice, no decision at all. She HAD to submit. Her lips parted as she spoke the words, wanting to slide to the floor on her knees, but not daring to move until given permission. Then she saw it, her Goddess smiling at her, moving to kiss her unworthy lips, accepting her, and she WAS a candle then, feeling herself melting like wax in the heat of the passion her Goddess’ kiss invoked. Her mind and body were fluid, formless, ready to be reformed, reshaped into whatever form her Goddess desired. Melissa’s fingers reached her clit just then, and Susan exploded in a mind-shattering climax as everything went gray...

* * *

Epilogue:

Steven sighed deeply as he entered the apartment. Susan had called him at work around lunchtime to drop the ‘bombshell’ of breaking up with him. He’d been so broken up about it that he went outside to smoke a cigarette before calling his new girl, Veronica, on the phone, setting up a date for later that night. He walked into his living room, threw his discarded shirt onto the couch and walked into the kitchen to get a beer. Susan had all but faded from his mind after she’d saved him the trouble of breaking up with her. So, it was a bit of a shock to see her sitting down at his kitchen table, drinking a beer, as he walked in.

“Susan?” he exclaimed after a moment. “What the FUCK are you doing here? We broke up, remember? If you came back for your stuff, just get it and get the hell out. I have a hot date coming over later, and I don’t want you around when she gets here.”

Susan merely smiled at her former lover. “Oh, that’s alright, Steven,” she said with a grin. “I won’t be staying long. I just wanted my old lover to meet my NEW and improved lover. Sweetheart, will you come out here? There’s someone I want you to meet.”

Steven had been shocked to see Susan in his kitchen, but he did a double-take when Susan’s new lover turned out to be none other than—

“Melissa?” Steven yelled, utterly shocked. Melissa had been a regular prude, interested only in vanilla-style sex. She didn’t have a kinky bone in her entire body... yet she was now dressed in a black leather catsuit so tight he could see every curve and dimple on her lovely form. What’s more, he tried on two separate occasions to interest both Susan and Melissa in a three-way, two girls-on-one guy, and both had refused, disgusted with even the notion of having sex with another female. And now, they were suddenly lovers??

“Good to see you again, Steven,” Melissa said, striding forward with a shake of her hips. “I bet your little pea-sized brain is just burning trying to figure out what’s going on. I know its confusing, but its true. Susan and I are lovers now. We discovered that we’re exactly what each other needed. I give her life meaning, and purpose. I give her love, and kindness, as well as discipline, and structure. In return she gives me...” Melissa frowned for a moment, searching for the right word. “Well, lets just say she gives me EVERYTHING.”

Steven, flustered at their smugness, flounders for a moment, thinking of a comeback. “Well, I see now why the sex was so bad with the both of you,” he growled. “You’re nothing but a couple of lezzy dykes, running around playing at being straight! And to think I actually considered that I might have had something to do with the sex being off! Hah. Should have known it wasn’t me.”

Melissa fixed him with a baleful glare. “Oh, you were right, Steven,” she rasped. “It WAS you. Your selfish, self-centered attitude towards everything, including sex. In that tiny little bubble of the world according to Steven, you ate the king, the ruler, the center of the universe, and everything wrong that happens is always someone else’s fault.” Steven blinked, his eyes going wide as saucers as he felt his mind being peeled away like an onion skin.

Placing a hand to his cheek, Melissa smiled evilly. “You know, I don’t think even MY powers could change you into a better person, so I won’t even try. Instead, I’ll let everyone else see just how pathetic you are.” She focused her mind on his for a moment more, then nodded. “Okay. That will do. Come on, Susan, let’s leave. I believe Steven has a big date to get ready for, after all.” Laughing softly, she and her lover left the apartment, leaving Steven standing there dazed for several moments before he came back to himself.

Huh? What the... oh... Oh. That’s right. Susan came by to pick up some of her stuff. Seemed to be happy enough now. Wonder who she’s hooked up with now that she’s no longer with Steve the Stud? Walking to the bathroom, he quickly stripped and showered, changing into something comfortable just in time to answer the door. “Ah, Veronica! Right on time. I like that in a potential girlfriend.”

Veronica giggled girlishly. All of her girlfriends had gone on and on about how much of a hottie Steven Bradshaw was. With his short blonde hair, his chiseled face and body, those rippling muscles, he looked like some kind of male model or something. He never seemed to settle down with just one girl, somewhat of a ladies’ man, but he was built, and all of her friends wanted the chance to bed him. She’d been lucky enough to catch his eye, and had practically preened when he called her.

“Come in, come in, baby, don’t be shy,” he said, leading her to the couch. “How about something to drink to break the ice? I have a pretty well stacked bar, with everything from soda to hard liquor.”

A few drinks and deep kisses later, Steven led his slightly tipsy lady back to the bedroom. The clothes soon hit the floor, and after a short amount of foreplay, Steven entered her, sliding his perfect cock into her tight little snatch. Oh, it felt so good, so good, he could hardly believe it. He thrust into her deep and hard, hearing her moan with pleasure. Her pussy felt totally incredible! He could have spent hours, days, weeks just exploring her love tunnel. As it was, he lasted exactly fifteen seconds before the pleasure was too much to bear. “UUUUURRRRRRGGGGHHH!!” he bellowed as he came in a gush.

Veronica felt him cum, then glanced down at him, unbelieving, as he shuddered and sighed deeply, eyes fluttering closed. That bastard! Fifteen seconds, and now he was out cold? “WAKE UP YOU STUPID FUCKING PRICK AND FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED!!” she yelled, shaking him in a frenzy. Steven stirred, growling, and pulling away from her, shoved her back.

“Leave me alone, bitch,” he murmured, closing his eyes again. The nerve of some people! Waking him up after the fantastic sex he’d just given her!

Veronica shook her head in disbelief. “Un-fucking-believable!” she said, as she found her clothes. “What an asshole!” She quickly dressed and left the house. If her girlfriends wanted him so badly, they could have him!

* * *

At home, still sleeping in his bed, Steven sighed, confident in his sexual prowess, deluded perhaps, but happy enough in his own little world.

In a hospital bed on the northern end of the city, an former advertising VP lay there in bed, looking up at the ceiling, drooling, thinking of nothing in particular.

Across town, in another apartment, Susan, tied tightly, hand and foot, wearing a spiked dog collar and black heels, was groaning in pleasure as her Goddess shoved a ten inch dildo up her ass, stretching her in ways she’d never felt before. She’d never been happier.

((the End))