The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Insomnia Parts 3 to 5

Disclaimer: Everyone seems to have these, so I guess I should too-ahem: This fiction depicts behavior of a homosexual nature. Ergo, if you either don’t like that sort of stuff, or if you’re under legal age (id est: 18, or in some cases 21) as defined by your community, don’t read this. (m/m, mc)

Author’s Notes: So this is my second attempt at this type of story (m/m mc, that is). As in my first story, I was afraid that I might have inadvertently drew on elements from other stories I like (apologies again). Comments and suggestions would be very much appreciated! I’ll be away from my computer for a little while, though. At any rate, I think I succeeded in being more original in this story (I hope so, anyway), but I also think that this story takes too long time to set up, is too long in general, and has dry spots, but whatever-it’s only my second shot at this, dangit! Hope y’all like it anyway, though.

* * *

PART THREE

Something stirred Jason. What it was, he didn’t know or care. His head felt heavy, and it was one of those mornings when it felt like he needed an extra two hours of sleep. He started to open his eyes, but the brightness of morning made him shut them again. They weren’t ready to see light quite that bright yet.

He yawned and rubbed his eyes and face. Stubble scratched at his hands when he did. Then, for a fleeting moment, he wondered if last night’s dream was over or not. He rubbed a hand over his chest, which he found smooth and muscular, but not steroid-pumped muscular. Guess not.

He yawned again as he swung his legs over the side of the bed and slid off the side of it and onto the floor. Alex was, as usual, gone. Maybe he woke Jason as he was leaving. It really didn’t matter much, though. He slipped on his shower sandals and headed off to the bathroom to get ready for his classes.

Actually, he could have just as well skipped them all. He couldn’t concentrate, and for obvious reasons.

“A penny for your thoughts,” went his friend Chris as they were leaving Jason’s first class.

“Eh, nothin.’ I just got a lot on my mind, ya know?” Jason replied. Really, what was he supposed to say, anyway? I had a dream where I was in this temple of doom type place, and was chased by maniacal alchemist monks? Of course not. That should make anyone he knew want to re-evaluate their friendship, Jason thought.

“Really? You sure? I dunno. You have this look on your face like. . .like. . .well, I don’t know exactly, but you look really worried about something, OK?” said Chris, looking concerned.

“Ah, don’t worry about it. It’s just a little somethin’. I’m sure it will pass, though.”

“Well, OK. But if you need help with anything, just give me a ring, OK? I don’t like to see. . .”

Jason wasn’t paying much attention, though. His mind was wandering, as it often did-he didn’t need help with his problems anyway. Unlike most people whose minds wander when others are talking to them, though, Jason did a really good job of covering it up. He’d daydream, but he’d be looking at the other person’s face, and nodding occasionally, so that at least he gave the untrained eye the impression that he was listening intently.

Hmm. Chris has a really aquiline nose, Jason thought, blinking a couple of times and nodding, while frowning a bit to indicate that he was genuinely engrossed in listening. He tuned into the conversation for a second to make sure that he didn’t nod when he shouldn’t have:

“Like that time when Mike, you know, not swimming team Mike, but tall Mike, didn’t say anything about the problems he was having with Andrea. . .”

Jason went back to not paying attention. Yeah, wow, he thought, his nose is really triangular. It must be from his father’s side of the family. Hmm. Look at how he talks. He really enunciates a lot. And her has a nice mouth. I bet that’s why the girls say he’s such a great kis-

“Jason? You with me?” Chris was giving him the “one eyebrow raised” look.

“Of course. No, exactly. I totally agree.” Damn! He was caught.

“Anyway, I have to go off to the bookstore for a second. I’d ask you to come, but I know you have class.” Chris said, with a “yeah, I know you know I caught you” eye roll. “I’ll catch up with ya later, OK?” he said as he walked away on a different sidewalk.

“Sure.” Jason called after him, not paying attention to where he was going.

Of course, as luck would have it, that’s when he walked directly into someone.

They didn’t collide, exactly, but they did run into one another. Jason looked up and in front of him to see large, dark eyes, a cute little nose, and a big white smile framed by a strong jaw and the slightest hint of a 5 o’clock shadow. Alex.

“Hey, didn’t expect to run into you here,” Alex said, raising his eyebrows. “And I told you that working out was paying off-you’re pretty solid, there.”

Jason didn’t respond for a second. Wow, he’s got a really nice mouth, too, he thought. His eyes settled on the smile so close in front of him. “Huh? Yeah. Sorry about that-I was just sayin’ bye to Chris an’”

“Hey, like I haven’t walked into other people before. Hey, I gotta run, or I’ll be late for my next class. I’ll see ya later on, though.” Alex smiled back at him as he walked away.

“OK.” Gosh. He really was cute, Jason thought. There’s nothing weird about my saying that, is there? Nah. I mean, if he’s cute, he’s cute. Whatever. I can say that.

Jason spent the next class period rationalizing how it was OK to recognize that another guy was cute, even if he was straight himself. By the end of the lecture he was attending, he had put the matter to rest.

Which was good, because when he went to the gym after class, he devoted quite a lot of time “checking out the competition.” The guys that Jason especially noticed were the muscular ones that would swagger into the weight room wearing tanktops or wifebeaters and baseball caps. They oozed a certain confident jock sexuality, he thought.

“I’m not too far away from that, I guess,” Jason thought as he watched one particularly well-built guy in a green sleeveless shirt that read “Tulane” across it. “I mean, I’ve lost the beer belly,” which he had, completely, somehow, over the course of the past two days, “and I’m a decent size.” He looked in the mirrors behind the dumbbell racks with intensity. “And I’m pretty cute, dammit,” he thought to himself.

He came home early that evening after dinner, and decided to just take it easy until bedtime. Coming into his room and finding it empty, he plopped down in a beanbag chair, tuned into a Seinfeld re-run, and relaxed.

Just as Jerry’s, Elaine’s, George’s, and Kramer’s lives were beginning to interconnect at the end of the half-hour, Jason thought, “I wonder where Alex is. He usually comes in by the time Seinfeld comes on.”

No sooner had he said that to himself than His Cuteness walked in through the door.

“Hola. Que pasa, mi amigo?” he said as took his carrier bag off of his shoulder and set it down by the doorway.

“Not much. Just watchin’ some television.”

“Well, I wish I could, too. I hafta study, though. Big test tommorrow.” Alex produced his portable CD player and slipped on earphones.

“Sorry to hear that.”

“Yeah, me, too,” said Alex as seated himself at his desk and pressed the play button on his discman.

Jason went back to watching TV and occasionally glancing at Alex-there was something about him that he really liked-he couldn’t help it, while Alex got to work studying and occasionally glancing over at the TV. A couple of times he caught Jason looking at him.

“What? Are you waiting until I’m not paying attention so that you can eat me or something?” Alex asked when he caught Jason looking a third time. He had this huge grin on his face that made Jason’s dick stir a little.

Jason just sat there and turned five shades of red. Luckily for him, Alex wasn’t waiting for an answer to his question and had returned to his studies forthwith.

Eventually, the night wore on, and Jason went about getting ready for bed-brushing his teeth and the like. He left the TV on, and settled into bed, watching Jay Leno’s interview with Sarah Michelle Gellar-she kicked quite a lot of ass, Jason thought. Alex continued studying away at his desk.

PART FOUR

Jason opened his eyes. What time was it? One? Two? Probably not three. How long had he been asleep? He was lying on his stomach with his head facing the wall. The light of the television reflected off of it. He could barely hear it, though; maybe Alex had turned down the volume or something.

He turned over and looked at the television. His eyes strained to focus on it in the otherwise dark room. That wasn’t Leno. Or Conan. That appeared to be. . .two naked guys? Holy shit! It was a porno! And not just any porno, Jason realized, a gay porno!

Jolted awake, his mind started racing. What the heck? Whose is this? This ain’t on ABC, I can be pretty sure of that, he thought. His eyes wandered over to the screen for a while longer. A heated make-out session was in the works, causing Jason to get hard instantaneously. Wait-that’s not supposed to happen! I’m straight, Jason thought, why am I getting all exci-

Just then, he looked up and over to Alex’s side of the room. And there, on the bed, was Alex.

Alex, laying on his bed watching the porno, was stripped down to his boxers and laying on top of his bed, the sheets pushed into bunches on the side of the mattress. His hand was groping a rather obvious erection, and the other was supporting his head.

When he saw Jason stirring, he looked over with the slightest hint of a smile. This was a different smile than his usual ones though. This smile oozed seduction, and settled into a longing stare at Jason with parted lips. His smooth skin flickered in the light begging to be touched.

To Jason, time slowed to a crawl. The only noises in the room were the faint sound of the porno flick and the sound of his and Alex’s breathing. Their eyes met, and Jason felt his inhibitions melt out of him as his dick became harder than it ever had before.

Alex broke their eye contact momentarily as he looked briefly at the porno, then at himself, and then back at Jason. Even though he really wanted to, Jason couldn’t have stopped himself from being drawn toward Alex if he had to. His ego and superego were overridden by his id completely, and he began to climb out of his bed and over to Alex. With every inch closer he got to the object of his overwhelming passion, the more intoxicated with Alex he became. The inviting smell of Alex filled his nostrils with every breath. It was almost as if Jason could feel the very heat radiating from Alex’s body when he was still across the room. Jason had never craved something so irresistible in his life.

But just as he got halfway to his roommate, it was as if his ego and superego fought back against his id with a Herculean effort. He stopped. It was as if his mind was put in a deadlock. Here he was, just a mere 3 feet or so from something that his entire body ached for. Moments before, he had been lost in the incredible need to feel his body pressed up against Alex. And yet, something was wrong. He wasn’t gay. This wasn’t right.

Fighting his carnal passions for all he was worth, Jason took a step back. His resolve, rarely iron, had found some inner strength to resist his lustful feelings, and he was clinging to it desperately. With shallow breathing and breaking out into a sweat, Jason shut his eyes, and, using all of his willpower he could muster, made his way to the door.

“If I can only get to the bathroom or something, I can get a grip. Hold on. Hold on. Hold on,” he told himself. He opened his eyes. He was facing the door and moved toward it, chanting his new mantra inside his mind. Hold on. Hold on. Hold on. He reached the door. He grasped the doorknob. He turned it and closed his eyes momentarily as he opened it. Hold on.

He opened his eyes. There was another door in the place of the one he had just opened. Jason took a deep, breath and tried to remain as calm as the circumstances would permit (of course, there was still part of him that wasn’t calm at all). Hold on. Grasping the doorknob, he opened it.

Another door.

Hold on. He opened that one.

Another door.

Jason’s eyes, wild with desperation, stared at the set of doors in front of him. He staggered backward a little bit, and,

PART FIVE

Jason opened his eyes. What time was it? One? Two? Probably not three. How long had he been asleep? He was lying on his stomach with his head facing the wall. The light of the television reflected off of it. He could barely hear it, though; maybe Alex had turned down the volume or something.

Wait. Was that a dream? What was that? He looked over his shoulder at the television. Infomercial-the kind you see really late at night. He looked over at Alex. He was asleep and contorted into some weird position. And covered by his blankets.

Regardless, Jason was too shaken to get much more in the way of rest that night. He didn’t want to get any more sleep for then. He’d just go on tired. Against his wishes, though, Jason did manage to slip into a light sleep right before 4:30 a.m., and slept until his alarm woke him again.

Jason went through the day in a daze. After a dream like that, who wouldn’t be shaken up? He was restless all through his classes. What did it mean? Surely there was some hidden message in the dream, right? He didn’t really have a torrid dream in which gay pornography and Alex played a major part, right? Well, he did, but that’s not really what the dream was about, right? It had some deeper meaning, right?

Jason absentmindedly flipped his pen over and over again in his hands as his classmates busied themselves taking notes. Hmm. Maybe it meant “beware of Alex” or something. Was this some sort of warning dream? He was trying to escape at the end, but couldn’t. Hmm. Maybe, maybe not.

An exceptionally good-looking member of the football team that sat in front of him leaned back in his chair and stretched his arms above his head, yawning. Jason’s gaze was sucked over to him involuntarily. They memorized every muscle, every tendon, every nuance of the brawny reciever’s arm as his shirtsleeve slipped down off his upper arm and onto his shoulder in bunched little folds. In a few seconds, the football player’s yawn was over, as was the little show.

Jason got back to thinking. Where was he? Oh yes. Maybe Alex was up to something and this was his subconscious minds’ way of warning him about it. Well, what was Alex doing?

Just then the door opened. The entire class looked over at the latecomer. Jason didn’t know him, but he did recognize him. He was that really good-looking one. The one with the blue-green eyes and black hair. He tried to sneak into class as quietly as possible, which was impossible-even the professor noticed-he was a good 20 minutes late, and looked for an open chair.

Seeing one by Jason, he was over there in a flash. Jason watched him come and sit down next to him. He tore himself away from watching as the guy took his seat; Jason looked back at the professor, as if he hadn’t been looking at the late guy’s crotch when he walked over.

The guy leaned over and whispered to him.

“Did I miss anything?”

For some reason, the close proximity of the blue-green eyes boy made him feel all tingly, and the fact that his mouth was just inches away from his ear, whispering to him, made the tingling worse-or better, depending on your perspective.

He turned to his side. The guy was right there, inches from him. Jason felt a familiar stirring begin.

“I don’t think so. I wasn’t paying attention.” This was a conversation Jason wanted to end quickly. He was a little weirded out that it was causing him a good deal of sexual tension to converse with another guy.

“Did he mention the quiz?” But of course, whenever one wants to end a conversation, they seem to drag on. And so it did, leaving Jason a rather horny boy.

After class-Jason only had one on Thursday, thank heaven-it was workout time. Needless to say, if Jason was weirded out by getting aroused by other guys and had been paying much attention to how the day was going so far, he probably never would have headed for the gym. But, then, how many college students do a good job learning from past experiences?

When he arrived, he should have known there would be trouble. He couldn’t keep his eyes off of the other guys there. Drinking in everything around him with fervor, the sounds of straining to pump out those last reps resounded in his ears while visions of sweaty, muscular male bodies filled his eyes and his mind.

Jason was sitting on a bench about to do a last set of overhead presses with dumbbells before he went back to the house when a glance in the mirror made him pause. Walking up behind him was the guy from yesterday with the sleeveless Tulane shirt. Today, though, he was wearing a wifebeater that fit rather snugly against his brawny frame. Bonus. He walked up to Jason.

“Hey, how many sets you got left there?” he said in a sonorous voice that sent blood rushing into a certain organ below Jason’s waist.

“Um, three more.” (Author’s note: if you’ve ever been in a situation like this, don’t tell me you’ve never done the same thing-doing extra sets if you have a really nice view)

“Mind if I work in?”

“Not at all.” OK. So his shoulders might be killing him tomorrow, but at least he’d die happy, right?

And so, after finishing up at the gym, Jason headed home, his brain filled to the brim with homoerotic thoughts.

Heading up the stairs to his room, Jason wasn’t a happy camper. It was almost as if these weird dreams were turning him gay or something. Of course, that was impossible, right? Well, it certainly didn’t seem that way. But then, these obviously weren’t normal dreams. Normal dreams didn’t pick up about where the last one ended. Normal dreams didn’t involve heavy homosexual undertones-if you were straight, anyway. Normal dreams weren’t so vivid.

He turned the key and opened the door to his room.

“Hey-watch it!” Alex said with mock seriousness. He was standing by his bed in boxer briefs and socks. He was in the middle of changing.

Jason’s eyes immediately zeroed in on the half naked, cute, oozing-sex-appeal object in his room.

“Uh, sorry, man,” he muttered, as he walked through the door and shut it behind him. With an almost automatic motion, he locked it behind him. He turned toward Alex again, who was going through shirts that he might change into. He must have just taken a shower after a tennis match or something.

Jason took two steps in through the door and to his dresser, which happened to be somewhat in the same direction as Alex, whose back was turned to his roommate as he rummaged through his clothes. As he did, a strange sensation came over him. It was as if his body became magnetized to Alex. The closer he got to his roommate, the harder it was to resist taking another step towards him, and another.

Somewhere, the thought entered Jason’s mind what was happening-reality was paralleling his dream! Not exactly, but close enough to get him scared. Currently, though, most of Jason’s thoughts were preoccupied with fighting his sexual urges.

And then, a point of reckoning came. He was at the center of the room. Would he continue on to his dresser, or turn to cover Alex with kisses (assuming that Alex didn’t hit him or something)? He shut his eyes. “Hold on. Hold on. Hold on,” the phrase that kept him from succumbing to his passions in his dream ran through his mind. With eyes clenched shut, he took a step forward, fighting the invisible undertow drawing him to Alex.

“Um, are you OK?”

Jason opened his eyes and looked over to his roommate. The intensity of the moment had caused a quick, involuntary gasp to escape his lips that caught Alex’s attention; he was looking over at Jason with an eyebrow raised and an inquisitive look on his face.

Jason collected himself. He was hot and sweating profusely, even though his workout was now fifteen minutes behind him. He looked ahead deliberately at his dresser, swallowed, and nodded, not daring to meet Alex’s gaze with his own, lest he lose his fight against his passions.

“Are you sure?”

Jason nodded again as he grabbed his towel and shower caddy. I just need a shower, he said, practically running to the door. He would have run right out the door had it not been for the fact that he had just locked it. Fumbling with the lock, he turned it with fingers that seemed to have lost their coordination, flung open the door, and swiftly made his way to the showers.

About twenty minutes later, the lock on Jason and Alex’s door turned again. Then, the doorknob turned. The door opened with a slowness that only apprehensive people use, and Jason peered in. No Alex. Instead, there was a note.

“Chris called for you, but he’ll call back later,” it read. Good. He’s gone.

“At least I can change in peace,” Jason muttered to himself. Of course, the main reason Jason was happy Alex was gone was because he was afraid of what he might do, but it was worth trying to convince himself that the real issue here was just privacy.

He changed, and just as he was arranging his hair, he heard the door unlock and open. Shit! He’s back! Jason turned around to acknowledge his roommate’s entrance. Their eyes met and the magnet feeling started again.

“Hey-did Chris say what he wanted?” Jason asked, trying to convince himself that he could act normally around Alex without wanting to jump him.

“Umm, no. Just that he’d call back,” Alex replied, heading to his dresser-and to Jason.

Jason’s eyes followed Alex’s movement across the room. Visions of them engaged in various sexual acts flashed through his consciousness as he did.

“Well, I think I’ll head over there and see what he needs, OK?” Jason said, stumbling towards the door and away from Alex.

“Sure. I’ll see ya later, then, OK?” Alex called after him as he headed out the door and down the hallway.