The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Hypnotherapy

Part Three

“So have you had a good week?” Mina Sutton asked.

Russell half-shrugged with one shoulder. “I suppose so. I still haven’t had any drinks, which is good. My boss is insane, not so good.”

“How about after work?”

“I’ve been playing the piano again, like you suggested, and that helps,” he said.

“That’s good,” Mina told him. He remembered what she’d said about the piano? She hadn’t asked about it, but she’d been under the impression that he didn’t remember things from trance.

“I spent a couple evenings with my friends Sally and Leo,” Russell continued. “I found out Sally’s pregnant, which helps me avoid drinking. But I feel more like a third wheel around them than ever.”

He sighed, and rubbed his temples with his hands. “I guess I need more friends who don’t drink — and I’m not going to find those at the bar scene.”

When he raised his head again, Mina looked into his warm brown eyes. Play the piano for me, she thought. Let me sit next to you and put my head on your shoulder as I watch you make music. Introduce me to your friends.

She imagined herself as the Phantom, and almost giggled at the image. “Play for me,” she’d say.

“I’m meeting them for dinner again on Saturday,” Russell was saying, and though he was returning her gaze he seemed to be somewhere else. “Would you like to...”

He stopped in the middle of the sentence. It hung there, awkwardly, for one brief, agonizing instant.

“I’m so sorry,” he said. “I don’t know where that came from — I didn’t mean—”

“Professional, we should keep it professional—” she said at the same time.

Russell stood up. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have—”

“We can just put it behind us—” Mina began, also rising.

He looked around, seized his coat, and started for the door. “I can’t wreck your career, I’m sorry—”

“Russell, you are under my power,” she said intently.

He stopped dead in his tracks. His shoulders slumped, his head nodded, and he dropped his coat.

She picked up the jacket, put it back where it was, then took his hand and led him back to the couch. Gently, she sat him back down. His eyes had been closed the whole time.

He’s interested in me too, Mina thought. He’s interested in me too! What have I done?

She took a deep breath and plunked herself down in her chair again. First, she had to do damage control.

“Russell, when you wake up, you will have no memory of having invited me to dinner,” she said, and her hands began to shake. What was happening to her? “You will forget. You will forget. You will have no memory of anything that happened after you mentioned seeing your friends next Saturday, and you will not invite me to dinner again.” Why, oh why did she have to keep this professional?

Because if therapists dated their clients, it would open the door to too much abuse. What if she hypnotized him into thinking he was in love with her? If anyone even thought she’d done it, she’d lose her license. If he ever suspected that, she’d lose him anyway.

I am going to lose him. The counseling will be over soon.

“Russell,” she said softly, “I am flattered. I am very flattered. If things were different I would love to have dinner with you. It’s okay for your subconscious mind to remember this. But your conscious mind knows that you can never ask me out again. I’m your therapist, and you’re my patient. Do you understand?”

“Yes,” Russell murmured.

Mina nodded, but she had a lump in her stomach. She swallowed, and started talking to his subconscious mind about overcoming alcoholism. He could look forward to leaving work without looking forward to drinking. He could relax after work by being himself, and alcohol was not part of the picture. The idea of drinking alcohol repulsed him. He was proud of himself, full of positive energy.

* * *

She finished twenty minutes later, and Russell had agreed in his soft whispers to setting new goals.

Now she had to wake him up. The session was almost over, though, and he’d leave. If only they could spend some time together as friends!

“Russell,” Mina said softly, “I want to do a simple test to see how well you’re responding to these suggestions.”

If she had butterflies in her stomach, did that mean this was wrong? Was she nervous because she was breaking the rules?

He’d started to ask her to dinner. Surely he wouldn’t object to forgetting their patient-therapist relationship for five minutes.

“I want you to imagine we’re at a high school dance,” she murmured in his ear. “You and I are friends. You are very comfortable talking with me, and you’ve decided you’re going to ask me to dance.” She walked to the shelf on the far side of her office and turned on the clock radio. “You feel confident, and I look beautiful. Imagine that you’re wearing a suit and I’m wearing a beautiful dress.”

Mina returned to his side. “In a moment you will wake up, and when you do, you will find yourself at a high school dance. When you see me, you will know you have to ask me to dance.” She sat down in a chair in the far corner. “One, two, three.”

Mina snapped her fingers, and Russell opened his eyes. He looked around, saw her, smiled, and stood.

As Mina tried not to smile, Russell walked over to her and offered her his hand. “Mina, would you like to dance?”

She started to feel like a schoolgirl again. “I’d love to,” she grinned, and stood up.

Russell took her right hand in his left, and his right touched her waist. “I’m really glad to see you tonight,” he commented as they began to sway together.

“Mutual.”

“You look great with your hair up,” Russell told her.

“I do?” Goodness, this was exactly like being a teenager.

“You do,” he said, and his smile made her heart patter. “There’s no one here I’d rather talk with. You’ve made such a difference since you came into my life, Mina.” He twirled her. “You’re practically my best friend. I can talk to you about things I can’t tell anyone else, and you don’t judge me. I can even tell you about my mistakes. I almost look forward to coming to school just so I can see you.”

Mina gazed at him. What had she done? Her heart was melting, even if they were just playing at high school.

It had been ages she’d done anything like this. She never used hypnosis for parlor tricks instead of therapy.

“You’re looking at me like I have two heads.” Russell said, nervously. “Did I say something wrong? I’m just glad we’re friends.”

“I’m glad we’re friends too,” Mina said softly. She didn’t want this fantasy to end.

“That reminds me — I meant to ask about your sister’s baby shower! How did that go?”

“It went great.” Mina knew she had to look away from his face. Russell was taking her breath away, the way he always did when their eyes met. She tried to stop staring, but their eyes were already locked. She tried to remember the way she liked to behave on a date, playful and flirtatious. She was supposed to be making his head spin, not the other way around.

“You have the most beautiful eyes I’ve ever seen,” Russell whispered. She felt a strange pull toward him. Her eyelids were drooping, and their lips parted at the same time.

She jumped back in alarm. Russell’s eyes widened. “Mina, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to—”

“No, It’s my fault.” She took a deep breath and gathered herself. “Sleep.”

She snapped her fingers, and his eyes closed.

Whew, she thought. Whew. Well, that answers that. I can’t do this. I mustn’t. I’ve been making excuses about how it would be okay to slip and use this handsome gentleman for my own gratification. I’ve misused my trust. He should sue me.

“Russell, you will remember nothing that has happened since I put you to sleep at the beginning of our appointment,” Mina said firmly. She guided him back to the couch and sat him down. She couldn’t believe she’d almost kissed him! “On the count of three, you will wake up, feeling refreshed and energized, remembering nothing. We obviously did not go to high school together, so there’s nothing to remember. One, two, three.”

* * *

Thoughts of kissing Russell were not far from Mina’s thoughts that evening.

What she’d done was wrong. She’d never do it again. She’d never exploit his trust again. Her livelihood would be destroyed, and he’d hate her. Moreover, he’d be right to do so.

What had come over her?

Mina called her sister, her parents, and her friends. Eventually, she curled up on the couch to watch a movie, but she got depressed when the heroine finally met the hero.

I’m just lonely, she thought. It had been a few months since she’d been on a date, but she hadn’t even noticed until she’d met Russell.

No matter how lonely I am, she thought, I don’t have the right to take advantage of my clients!

This could never happen again.

Russell had complimented her eyes. He thought she was beautiful.

Mina imagined herself triggering him. He would fall into a trance, his mind completely open to her suggestions.

“Whenever you look into my eyes,” she’d say impishly into his ear, “you will realize that you are falling hopelessly in love with me.” She’d snap her fingers, and Russell would wake up. She’d step up to him, searching his eyes with her own. He’d find her to be irresistible. He would kiss her, hold her, caress her, idolize her.

What would it feel like if he ran his fingers through her hair?

Thinking such things was one thing, Mina thought. Doing them was quite another.

She resolved never to do anything unprofessional ever again.

Nevertheless, one thought troubled her as she fell asleep.

He’ll always be there singing songs in my head.

* * *

“Let’s just get started,” Russell told her at the beginning of their last appointment.

“Have you had a good week?” Mina asked, looking at him through her glasses.

He nodded. “I’ve been reading, trying to be more social, even called my parents for the first time in six months.”

“How did that go?”

Russell sighed. “Not that well.” He smiled whimsically. “They think I must have been a bad husband. They didn’t say that this time, but they’ve said it so many times before I could feel it hanging over my head. I wanted a drink afterwards, but I didn’t have one.”

“Is that what you think?”

“That I wanted a drink?”

“No, that you were a bad husband.” Mina hated asking that, but he needed to talk about it. If there was something more bothering him, he had to get it off his chest.

But she didn’t want to hear about it. There I go again, she thought, getting emotionally involved. Why couldn’t she just detach?

Russell was shaking his head. “I’ve been over it a thousand times in my head, and I’m sure there are a hundred things I could have done differently, but I can’t think of any single thing I did that was dumb enough to deserve what I got. She always said she was happy.”

Dammit, why couldn’t it have been me, Mina thought. She just wanted to hug him. She didn’t really want him to talk about his ex, but she had asked.

She considered dropping him as a client and dating him instead. But that wouldn’t work, because she couldn’t date a man who needed therapy. She couldn’t be a therapist and a girlfriend at the same time. As a girlfriend, hearing him go on about his divorce wouldn’t be fair to her. It would drive her nuts. As a therapist, she knew there was no room for doubt: they had to be sure he had put it behind him.

Russell was shaking his head. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be talking about my ex.”

“I’m your therapist, not your date,” Mina reminded him. Unfortunately!

He smiled wryly. “I know. But even as your patient, you’re still a lady, and I’m still a gentleman.”

“As your therapist, we don’t have to worry about eighteenth-century social rules,” she told him.

“As your patient, I’m going to be honest with you, and tell you I’m not comfortable being less than a gentleman around you.”

“Why is that?”

“You deserve better.”

“It’s not your role to protect me,” she told him. “If you don’t think of me as an equal, I can’t help you.”

“I do think of you as an equal,” Russell said. “But if I talk to you about my ex, I feel like a jackass or a loser. Both, come to think of it!”

“Russell, I’m your therapist. Don’t think of me as a woman you’re trying to impress. If you don’t talk to me about your feelings, I can’t help you.”

“I can’t talk—” he blurted out, and was silent.

“Can’t talk about what?”

He sighed. “I don’t think drinking has anything to do with my divorce, really. I didn’t have trouble stopping until after the merger.”

“That’s true, but if we don’t deal with all of our feelings, they keep cropping back up when we have more challenges. Are you sure you’ve put it behind you?”

Russell shrugged. “Other than being single, yes. Honestly, Ms. Sutton, since I got divorced I haven’t met a single woman I’ve wanted to date — well, available woman, anyway. I don’t miss my ex, I’m not still thinking of her, I’m not still resenting her. Well, I suppose I still resent church, but not her per se.”

Mina nodded. “All right. Russell, relax, take a deep breath. You’re under my power.”

To Be Continued