The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Hand Off

© Copyright 2008 by Wiseguy

viii: Sam

A smidge over five months later I found myself once again at Mama Ziti’s, chomping on pizza and drinking root beer. This time it was my treat in honor of Jenny’s eighteenth birthday having just passed.

“That’s right,” she crowed between bites, “I’m free of that manipulating bitch!”

“Hey! That’s still your mother you’re talking about.” I hoped my frown was suitably sincere.

“She’s not your wife anymore,” Jenny reminded me. “You’re allowed to agree with me now.”

“Maybe, but it’s still a good policy to show some respect. Especially when she’s paying your room, board, and college fees.”

Jenny made a sour face. “With Ron’s money? I can’t take that, Sam. I’d rather go to community college and pay my own way.”

“You dislike Ron that much?”

“No,” she replied, putting down her crust. “Ron’s nothing to write home about, but I don’t have a beef with him. I just don’t think it’s right that Mommy Dearest married him for his money when she could’ve stayed with you. If I let Ron pay for my college that makes me an accomplice.”

I had to admire the girl’s convictions. It’s so easy to be idealistic at eighteen. “Speaking of college,” I segued. “I have something for you. It might come in handy.” I reached across the table and handed Jenny a small box wrapped in silvery paper and a white bow. “Happy birthday, honey.”

“You didn’t have to do that, Sam.” Still, she accepted the box and opened it to reveal an HP Mininote. Jenny looked wide-eyed at the tiny but fully-functional laptop, then back to me. “You’re doing pretty well with the new job, I guess.”

“I know a few people,” I said with a shrug. Truthfully, my new job with the top technology publisher was paying me quite well, but I’d used a connection to get the laptop at a deep discount. Well, a connection and a handshake.

Jenny leaned across the table to kiss my cheek. “Thank you, Sam. I’m so glad things are finally working out for you again. You deserve it.”

“It’s my pleasure, sweetie. You know, you deserve some good fortune, too.”

It was Jenny’s turn to shrug. “We’ll be fine. I just wish sometimes that I could get Ron to see that he doesn’t have to buy me off for Mother’s sake. Maybe get him to quit letting her walk all over him the way she did you.”

I grinned broadly and leaned closer. “Funny you should mention that,” I told her. “Jenny, I have another gift I’d like to give you. But first, let me explain the rules.”

-wg