The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Hand Off

© Copyright 2008 by Wiseguy

iv: Alice

To make up for the lost afternoon with Audrey I spent extra time going through the material I’d gotten from Leah so far and lining up a couple of interviews with execs at the CES. As a result I didn’t catch up with Joe again until lunch the next day. To avoid running into Audrey I suggested the burger joint right across from Joe’s office.

We chomped down and made small talk until the meal was done. Then I cleared my throat and tossed out the big question. “I need to borrow Alice.”

I could almost see him turning that one over in his mind. “Borrow her for ... ?”

“Relax, buddy. I just want to ask her some things about Nina and enlist her aid in setting up a face to face.”

“She’s not going to want to do that. They’re friends.”

“Of course,” I said. “But you know how persuasive I can be if I have to.”

“Yes, I do,” Joe replied. “I’d just rather you didn’t get persuasive with my wife.”

I couldn’t fault him for that. If the positions were reversed, I wouldn’t have wanted Joe using his influence on Nina. “If it helps any, I promise I won’t use the power unless there’s no other way.”

“That doesn’t help nearly as much as you seem to think. Remember, I’ve had the power; I know what it can do to your head early on.”

“Oh?” I did my best to look confused.

“I can still tell when you’re bullshitting, Sam. Look me in the eye and tell me you haven’t used the power to get laid.”

“You mean aside from the lady you threw at me?” I countered. “No, I haven’t.”

Joe looked at me sharply. “Then you’re a better man than I am. The first few weeks, once I realized I could have any woman I wanted ... well, let’s just say I did some things I’m not proud of.”

“I won’t say I haven’t been tempted,” I allowed. “I’m human, after all.” But you don’t need to know just how human, I added silently.

He kept a watchful eye on me for another half minute, then yielded. “Okay, I’ll trust your judgment. Stop by the house whenever and I’ll stay out of the way while you talk to Alice.”

“Thanks, Joe.”

There was one other errand on my list for the day, so after a quick consult with Leah I got in the car and drove to a nondescript downtown office building. I found a parking spot with a good view of the main doors, pulled out my cell phone, and dialed.

A polished female voice answered quickly. “Mortimer and Oakes.”

“Is Desmond Oakes available, please?” I suppressed a shudder at the name of my wife’s lawyer even as it passed my lips.

“I’m sorry, he’s in court this afternoon. Can I take a message please?”

“Not necessary,” I ad-libbed, “I’ll just meet him there as planned. Thank you.”

That was a lucky break. I’d been prepared to loiter around the lobby until Oakes left for the day; this way would be much quicker.

Like any overpriced lawyer—and I know what I’m talking about, as one of his first successes was to saddle me with a portion of Nina’s legal fees—Desmond Oakes had his offices within easy walking distance of the courthouse. I strolled inside, as any citizen is entitled to do, got through security, and found myself a seat in the corridor leading to the courtrooms. From there I’d be able to see Oakes coming and arrange an accidental meeting.

I settled in and passed the time people-watching. A courthouse is a fun place to do that. I saw dozens of people wearing suits for the first time, or so they looked; lots of whispered, earnest conversations between lawyers and their clients; guarded individuals sitting quietly and waiting to be called inside. I could imagine a story for each of them. Heck, that frenzied-looking guy on the bench across the way could just as easily be me, I guessed from the way he whispered to the well-dressed guy with him.

For a little while, I let myself speculate inwardly about how handy the power would be in here. An occasional touch and a quiet whispered “You must tell the truth in this building” could go a long way toward seeing that justice prevailed more often. And for the first time I thought about what I would do when my year was up and I had to pass on the power to someone else. A bailiff, maybe, or a court reporter? I could do worse.

The late afternoon came and judges started adjourning for the day, flooding the corridor with people. In a mob of men in suits it was harder than I’d anticipated, but I did manage to spot Desmond Oakes before he got past me.

I used the crowd to my advantage by coming up beside Oakes and then suddenly crashing into him. His briefcase fell but stayed closed, so I gave it a subtle kick to send it sliding away a bit. “I’m so sorry,” I stammered. “Someone bumped me and I wasn’t expecting ... say, aren’t you Mr. Oakes?”

Oakes’s face took on that I-know-you-from-somewhere look, then returned to a professional mask. “Mr. Maskell, isn’t it? I’m sorry, but you realize I can’t discuss the case with you.”

“No, of course not,” I threw out hastily as I retrieved his case for him. “I’m here to see someone else entirely; if we hadn’t bumped into each other ... Anyway, I apologize. Have a good evening.”

God bless human nature! I held out my hand, and like any well-bred polite person he took it. “Listen to me very carefully,” I said immediately as his face went distant. “You have discovered a serious ethical concern that makes it impossible for you, or anyone in your firm, to continue representing Nina Maskell. You must withdraw from the case immediately for personal reasons and forget that this conversation ever took place.”

“Yes,” he muttered, “that would be best under the circumstances.” He took his case from me and wandered away, still in a bit of a daze. I knew now from experience that his mind would fill in the details I’d left out, and by the time he got to his office it would all be clear and justifiable to him.

Nina was going to have to find a new lawyer. That should buy me some time.

It was still kind of early for visiting, but there I was in the car and I really didn’t feel like going back to work. I thought for a minute of dropping in on Audrey, but I knew what would happen if I did that and the rationalizations were wearing thin. Instead I headed for Joe’s house to see Alice.

His car wasn’t there yet, which was no big surprise. Rush hour had barely started, and Joe was on the four-by-ten schedule: four 10-hour days per week with every Friday off. I’d be in and out before he even left work, most likely.

Alice answered the door in a green cotton t-shirt and white shorts. A look of genuine surprise crossed her face when she saw me. “Sam!”

“Hi, Alice.”

I put my hand out to shake but she bypassed that and went for the hug. She felt good and smelled better. “Invite me in so we can talk.”

Even as I said it I realized it was stupid—she’d do that anyway. Still, I got a little thrill from the dazed tone in her voice. “Yes, of course, Sam. Please come in.”

She led me to the kitchen and without even asking started the coffee maker. “I’m sorry, Sam,” she said. “I must look awful.”

“Not even remotely,” I told her, admiring the way the shorts hugged her bottom. “You never did give yourself enough credit.”

“Still the charmer, aren’t you?” She flashed me a smile. “I’m glad; it’ll make things easier for you when all this Nina business is over.”

She crossed back to the table with two steaming coffee mugs. “Mmmm,” I said, tasting mine. “You remembered how I take it.”

“Black with two sugars—same as Joe.”

“Of course. Thank you.”

Alice watched me expectantly from her seat on my right. “You’re not here for the coffee, Sam.”

“No.” I started to reach for her hand, but then I remembered my promise to Joe. “I want you to help me get Nina back.”

She took another sip and made an I-knew-it face. “Why?”

“Because you’re friends with her. You can talk to her and she’ll listen more than she would to me.”

“That’s not what I meant,” Alice said, putting down her mug. “Why do you want Nina back?”

What kind of question was that? “Because I love her, of course. Because we belong together, and now we’re not, and I don’t even know why. This divorce is a mistake.”

Alice was shaking her head. “No, Sam. That marriage was a mistake.”

“How can you say that?”

“Because I know you both. I’ll even admit I didn’t like Nina much at first because it was so clear that she was just using you as a father figure for Jenny. It took me a while to get past that. But as much as I like her now, I can still see that she was never right for you. That doesn’t mean anything negative about either of you; you just don’t fit together.”

“So you won’t help?”

A grim look came over Alice. “I am helping, Sam. I’m helping the best way I can think of, by telling you to give it up. Let Nina go and get on with your life.”

Sorry, Joe, I said silently into my coffee. Then I reached for Alice’s hand and watched her face go blank. “You want me to be happy, don’t you?”

“Yes,” she replied. Her face and voice were those of a sleepwalker. “Of course.”

“And you want Nina to be happy.”

“Yes.”

“Nina and I will both be happy,” I told her, “if she comes back to me. You’re her friend; you can talk to her and get her to listen to what I have to say.”

“I can talk to her,” Alice agreed blankly. Then her face scrunched up a little and she added, “but I don’t think she’ll listen.”

“Why not?”

“Because she’s already planning to marry Ron.”

That disturbed me so much I broke contact with Alice so I could fume for a moment without transferring it to her. Nina was already set to marry again? And to Ron, an empty suit of a stock broker that Jenny couldn’t stand? What the hell was she thinking?

“I’m sorry,” Alice said, the blank look fading. “I don’t know why I told you that. I wasn’t supposed to.”

“I’m glad you did, though.” Again I put my hand on hers and watched Alice’s beautiful face fade to an obedient blank. “Alice, Ron is a bad match for Nina. He’s shallow, materialistic, vain, and would not be a good role model for Jenny. It’s important that you remind Nina of this every time you talk with her.”

“I ... should ...”

Her face showed signs of confusion, so I poured all my will into my next words. “Yes, Alice. It’s your responsibility as a friend to keep Nina from making the mistake of divorcing me and marrying Ron. Jenny loves me; I’m a good stepfather to her and a good husband to Nina. Nina needs to understand that before she ruins Jenny’s life by separating her from me.”

“Yes, you’re right.”

At her blank look and agreement, I felt that surge again and a tingle between my legs—Sam Junior was awake. Which led to another idea. “And you know what a good lover I am, Alice. You remember from before you met Joe, and you can remind Nina how well I can please a woman. That’s important to her, too.”

“I remember,” she agreed, and for just a moment I flashed back to the brief fling we’d had years before. It was just a rebound affair for both of us, and when it ended I’d cared enough for Alice to set her up with my best friend. My mind imagined her as she was then: naked, eager, unapologetically taking what she wanted.

With a start I yanked my hand away again, but it was too late. Even as the fog left her face I saw her nostrils flare and her cheeks begin to take on color. My eyes dropped to the front of the T-shirt and saw her nipples poking out—or maybe it was just the imaginings of a horny ex.

Alice reached forward and put her hand on my thigh. “You know, Sam,” she said in the husky voice I used to hear in my dreams, “you can do a lot better for yourself. You seem different today. Compelling.” She picked up my right hand and held it against her breast. “You could have any woman you want. Even me.”

More memories came flooding through my head of nights spent nuzzling that breast and this time I made no attempt to break contact. “Is that so?”

“You know it is. In fact ...” Her fingers walked up my thigh and found the bulge in my pants. “Just as I thought.” She began to stroke me through my clothes and the screaming voice of my conscience got carried off by a tidal wave of raging hormones.

“Show me.” In my head I imagined her leading me to the bedroom and sucking me off.

Sure enough, Alice rose, tucked my magic hand in the back waistband of her shorts, and playfully led me to the bedroom. She stripped her shirt and bra off in two easy motions, turned, and presented her breasts with a Vanna White wave. “Remember these?”

“Oh, yes, and they’re still spectacular. Hi, girls.” I flattened my hands and just touched a palm to each nipple, rotating them in a slow circle that caused the nipples to dance against my palms in a way that made Alice moan out loud.

She reached over and undid my pants and then pushed me down on the bed face up. “As nice as that is,” she moaned, “I’m in the mood for a snack.” A quick tug on my boxers got them out of the way and left my hard cock staring straight up at her. “Hello, Sam Junior. It’s been a long time, and I’m pleased that you’re so happy to see me.”

Alice reached into a drawer in the night stand and came up with a little plastic bottle. She poured a palm full of clear fluid into her hand, warmed it by rubbing both hands together, and then clasped them both around my cock. The lube warmed my skin as her hands slid deliciously up and down my shaft and I groaned involuntarily in pleasure at the amazing sensation. “I’ll take that as a green light,” Alice teased.

My head flopped back in bliss and I felt movement as she knelt down between my legs. Moments later a warm pair of lips began kissing the side of my shaft, up and down, even as her lubed-up hands kept working the tip and tickling my balls. I was just this side of sensory overload and she knew it—every time I thought I was about to come she’d slow down, give a squeeze near the base, and take the edge off just a bit. Her lips and tongue caressed my shaft, my balls, my head, and I was in hog heaven, grabbing at the sheets and twitching at the hips. Finally she plunged her mouth down over me and licked the whole way around the head of my cock with the flat of her tongue. I groaned, she sucked, and that was all she wrote. I reached out with my magic hand just in time. My fingers closed on her hair just as my cock exploded into her mouth. Alice squealed and sucked harder and I felt her weight fall onto my legs as she came hard with me.

We grunted in unison through our climaxes and then relaxed into a spent pile of arms and legs. Alice flopped on the bed next to me and sighed. I tried to think of something appropriate to say but lost it when the phone rang. Alice jumped up and grabbed a cordless handset from the night stand.

“Hi, honey,” she said in a tone that sounded perfectly normal—which, considering she was standing there topless and breathing heavily still from the blow job, was impressive. “Heading home now? ... No, that’s okay, Sam’s already here. ... Yes, he stopped by a little bit ago. ... We were talking about Nina and all that. Do you want to talk to him? ... Oh, okay. ... Love you too.”

And listening to that, I felt low enough to play handball against the curb. Alice turned back to see me struggling to rise off the bed. “Sam,” she said, in a voice that tugged at my reviving conscience, “I don’t know what came over me there. Anyway, it can’t happen again. It shouldn’t have happened this time.”

“I know, and I’m sorry. I feel responsible.”

“Don’t. I get that way sometimes. Usually only with Joe, but there was something about you today.” For a second she seemed to be puzzling, but then she just shook her head and let it go. I was glad.

There wasn’t much more to talk about at that point. I pulled my pants up and slunk home while four damning words played on a tape loop in my head:

Your best friend’s wife!