The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Ensorcelled Men of Sindaoyne

Authors Note: A conversation of Ramanananan.

“I have never met a man from the Isle of Sindaoyne before,” the woman said.

“We are not so different from other men.”

“That is not what I have heard. I heard that all the men of Sindaoyne are mind slaves, that every one of you is sexually enthralled to the Captivatrix of Sindaoyne.”

“I am not a slave,” the foreign man replied, calmly. “What you have heard is misleading. There are actually very few slaves within our small dictatorship.”

“No female slaves, however, I am given to understand.”

“That is correct. There are no female slaves in Sindaoyne.”

“That is hard for me to imagine. I am from De, obviously. The greater number of slaves within our republic are slave girls, purchased from the Isle of Daox. Almost every senator or man of prominence in the City of De owns at least one or two such disgusting sluts. Some own several hundred.”

“But not all the slaves of De are female, nor are all its females slaves. You are not a slave girl.”

“No. But were I to break the law and be convicted, my punishment would almost certainly be enslavement. I would be given over to Daoxechent merchant-slavers, fed slave paste until my body became a grotesque parody of femininity, then have a magical tattoo inscribed on my back that would mind bind me to sexual slavery forever. Deinian men breaking the same law might well just pay a fine.”

“That sounds terribly unfair. Yet I happen to know there are male slaves in De.”

“The Ainchonnim are based in De. They are an order of male wizards. They take men and make slave boys of them, which they either keep for themselves or sell to those not interested in slave girls.”

“Men?”

“For the most part. Deinian women can own slaves, too. But we have to be more circumspect about it. A woman with a large stable of slave boys, or slave girls, for that matter, may be seen as a slut. And in my country a woman proven to be a slut can be reduced to slavery for her own good.”

“That does not sound for her own good.”

“No. It is just another excuse to reduce a woman to slavery, to fill a rapacious need for that commodity. Not all the slave girls are Daoxechent girls, either. The Nycclethnim are the sister-order of the Ainchonnim. They make their own slave girls and occasionally sell them. But a thousand time better would it be to be a Daoxechent slave girl than a Nyccleth one. The Nycclethnim . . .” and the woman looked about self-consciously, even though the two of them were alone, “. . . are given to cruelty.”

“Yet the majority of Deinian women remain unenslaved. You mentioned Daox. Reputedly, all the women on the Isle of Daox are sexually enslaved.”

“We have rights in De. We can own property and run businesses. We can divorce our husbands. We can refuse marriage. But at heart De is a patriarchy. We have rights, but the men of De have more.”

“I am sorry. It is not the same in Sindaoyne.”

“That is why I am so interested in your country. I may have an opportunity to move there. My employer has business interests in Sindaoyne. It is she who arranged this meeting.” The woman laughed. “I believe she had an idea toward matchmaking. It is silly.”

“It is not at all silly. I would be very interested in any relationship you might consider pursuing with me, whether that relationship would be purely romantic or purely sexual. I am here for you in any way.”

The woman from De met the others eyes straight-on. “Now that is the kind of reply one might expect from a slave. It leads me to wonder how much I can trust you, when you tell me you are not a slave.”

“I am not a slave, I can assure you. And you can trust me. I cannot never lie to you.”

Her eyes narrowed. “Cannot?” she said, rather suspiciously.

“I cannot lie to women. I must tell any woman the truth and whatever I am truly thinking.”

“So, you are ensorcelled in some manner,” the woman from De said. She pointed toward the small jewel the man from Sindaoyne wore about his neck, the base of which was nestled at his throat. “What does the light in that jewel mean?” It was a tiny pinprick of an illumination, she saw. Still, it was there.

“This is a womans assurance,” the man told her. “It tells a woman at a glance that I am a Tamed Man.” She could hear the capital letters in his voice. He was obviously proud of this fact.

“Explain to me what a Tamed Man is.”

“A Tamed Man cannot do harm to a woman. That is the most important thing. He can neither say nor do anything that is intended to deliberately cause her harm or pain. Myself, I cannot even conceive of saying or doing such a thing. A Tamed Man cannot lie to a woman, either. When asked, he must tell her whatever he is thinking. He must protect her when he can. A Tamed man is tame, finally. He must accede to her wishes when it is appropriate and justified that he do so.”

“That sounds an awful lot like mind-controlled slavery to me. If I asked you to bring me a glass of water, would you have to do so?”

“Would you like a glass of water? I would be happy to get one for you.”

“Please answer the question.”

“No, I would not have to bring you a glass of water. There is no compulsion on my behavior to obey you. But if I knew you were thirsty, and there was water available, I would want to bring you a glass of it. I would go thirsty myself before seeing you thirst.”

“If I asked you to serve me sexually, would you do it?”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“Because I like making women happy, and in general I enjoy serving women sexually.”

“Would you have to serve me sexually, if I ordered you to?”

“No. I do not have to obey you. I am not a slave boy.”

“Yet there are slave boys in Sindaoyne.”

“The Captivatrix is the dictator of our country. Its dictatrix, if you prefer. She lives in a great palace in Ephoameia, our largest city where she is served by the Phavnycenim, an order of men-wizards devoted to her every beck and call. According to rumor, for I do not know the accuracy of this, the Phavnycenim maintain a photographic list of the handsomest men in Sindaoyne, which they update regularly with the occasional man from other countries, such as Demen or Darenice, or even the Republic of De. When a man catches the eye of the Captivatrix, she orders her wizards to bring him to her, and if she so desires, then, she has him reduced to a slave boy. Her palace is filled with her stable, perhaps some five or six hundred slaves in all. But that is a relatively insignificant number compared to our overall population.”

“So the only slaves in your country serve its ruler?”

“Or her high ministers. Her daughters, too. She makes gifts of them to the wealthy and politically powerful. But, in essence, yes.”

“But every other man in Sindaoyne is a Tamed Man?”

“When he reaches the age of nineteen-and-a-half, every boy in my country must visit the headquarters of the Phavnycenim Order. There, the wizards probe his mind and adjust it, clearing out any base and primitive instincts. If I may offer an analogy, it is rather like circumcision.” The woman from De lifted her eyebrows in surprise. “The women of Sindaoyne prefer the appearance of a circumcised penis. There is also a matter of proper hygiene. In any event, what is not needed is removed. When a boy becomes a man in Sindaoyne, what is not needed in his mind—baseness, rudeness, the irrational belief that women are not the superior gender—is similarly discarded.

“He is then given an assurance pendant, which lights up only when he who wears it has been made Tame.”

“So wearing the pendant does not confer this mental state. It merely confirms that that mental state is present?”

“That is correct. Occasionally they are lost and misplaced. I have done so myself. This is a replacement, which I purchased from a street vendor in Ephoameia.”

“What happens if a nineteen-year-old tries to avoid seeing the wizards? I can only assume some try.”

“Very few attempt to do so. We are raised to honor women and respect them, to seek their approval and find ways to please them. Being Tame is a good thing. Boys who attempt to flee the country, for that is what they would have to do in order to avoid the Taming, are tracked down. They are Tamed and then given lengthy and arduous work assignments in penitence.”

“So none escape the Taming?”

“Very, very few. The families they leave behind are ostracized. Mothers and daughters are refused positions of trust, for they obviously raised a monster. Fathers and sons are given the work sentences in the exiles place. They volunteer to take the exiles place at the work camp, typically.”

“What do the Tamed Men of Sindaoyne do?”

“What do men in your country do? We work. We provide for our families. We seek opportunities when they are provided or they made through hard work. We have athletics, various interests, various entertainments. We go to school. A few join the civil defense of Sindaoyne. I imagine that in most things there is not a great deal of dissimilarity between our small island and those of De, Dorrassarrim, or Dennesselles. We do not have a say in our government—the Captivatrixs authority is absolute—but do all the men in De have a vote in the running of your republic?”

“They do not. Only the nobility can vote in De.”

“We have no nobles in Sindaoyne, save for the Captivatrix herself. Even her daughters are not above the law. Some decades ago one of her daughters attempted to supplant her. Her coup was aborted, and she was sent into exile. I am not sure, but I believe her foreign allies had her made a slave girl.”

“Was she sent to De?”

“Yes.”

“Then she was made a slave girl. There are no slave girls in Sindaoyne itself, you say?”

“That is correct.”

“What happens if slave girls from another country are brought to Sindaoyne?”

“They are not permitted entry. They must remain offshore. The law is absolute.”

“Because of the will of the Captivatrix?”

“Yes. Because it is the will of the Captivatrix.”

“What happens to a woman of Sindaoyne if she breaks the law? What type of sentence is she given?”

“If the offense is a slight one, she is given an arduous work detail, which when she completes her rights of citizenship are restored to her. If the offense is a larger one, she is exiled.” The man of Sindaoyne did not need to say what would happen to such exiles afterwards. Without citizenship in any other republic or bureaucracy, dictatorship or city-state, such a woman would be fair game for enslavers.

“Do the Tamed Men of Sindaoyne serve women?”

“How do you mean?”

“You know what I mean.”

“If, as I believe you insinuate, do all the women of my country take terrible advantage of their men, make them do onerous things, have them crawl about on all fours, humiliate and abuse them for the sake of humiliation and abuse, because we men cannot defend ourselves . . . no, of course not. That is not typical at all. If I did not wish to serve a woman, sexually or not, or wed her, if she so made such a proposal to me, then I would not need to do so, if my reasons for objection were sufficient.”

“Ah,” the woman from De said softly. “If your reasons were sufficient. There are the words that make me wonder. Under what circumstances would you crawl about on all fours if a woman asked you to?”

“I would crawl on all fours before a woman if her sexual needs were such that my satisfying them on my hands and knees would be of a benefit to her. As a Tamed Man, I must accede to the wishes of a woman if my assistance would prove to her a benefit . . . to make her happier, for instance. This level of assistance must naturally be balanced, of course, against my need to make other women happy. If I were employed in one task for a woman, and another asked me to put it off in order to assist her, then unless it was an emergency I would have to refuse, politely, of course. By the same token, one womans husband, or lover, could not be stolen by another simply because that other woman desired him more, or wanted him solely for the moment.”

“But if the two women decided to share you in bed?”

“Then I would be more than willing to satisfy either or both of them at the same time. My desires are also important, too, please bear in mind. As I have said, I am not a slave boy, bound to serve regardless of my will in such matters. If I found a woman unattractive or undesirable in some way, or if I had other matters to attend to, or even if I was simply not in the mood, then I would not have to have sex with any woman if she so requested it, even if she demanded it.

“But if I could have sex with her, and it was not harmful to the happiness of another woman, I would have no particular objection to going down on all fours before her, or taking her in my arms and giving her the long and delicious, strenuous fucking she deserves.”

“If you found a woman unattractive, and she asked you your opinion of her, what would you say?”

“I would tell her I found her unattractive. But I would try to put it as kindly and delicately as possible, and I would remind her that my tastes are not necessarily everyones.”

“How would you know if your service to a woman would be of a benefit to her?”

“I am not an imbecile.” He laughed, leaned back, and crossed his arms comfortably. “I would consider the matter carefully. The main criteria would be her telling me what would make her happy, of course. Then I would do it, if I could.”

“So . . . let me understand this, because it is sort of mind-boggling. If you wanted to know what would make a woman happy, you would just . . . ask her.”

“Yes, of course. That would be the simplest way, would it not?”

“And if she told you what made her happy, you would try to do what she asked.”

“Within reason, yes. As I have mentioned.”

“You would never cheat on her with another woman, unless she asked you to.”

“That is correct.”

“And . . . you would not fuck a woman if she did not ask you to fuck her?”

“Naturally.”

“Or arrange for her enslavement, under the notion that she would be a happy slut afterwards?”

“Hells, no.”

“Have you ever enjoyed the sexual favors of a slave girl?”

“No.”

“Is that because you have lacked opportunity?”

“As you have said, slave girls are not unplentiful here in the great Republic of De. No, I have had opportunities. I actually find an enslaved, magically ensorcelled female quite repellant. I believe you used the word earlier, disgusting.” I find them disgusting, too.”

The woman made a polite snorting sound.

“I know women who would fight to the death for you. You are unlike any man I know.”

“I would not like that.” The man unfolded his arms. “Would you fight to the death for the likes of me?”

“I am beginning to see why my employer wanted me to speak with you.” She paused. “Are you going to be here in De long?”

“Alas, my business is almost complete. I will be sailing within the next week. Silverday.”

The woman laughed aloud, delighted. “Thats when I am set to leave to Sindaoyne. This Silverday as well.”

“How wonderful. It would be my pleasure to show you the sights of Ephoameia, if you like. It is not as large as the City of De, but I think it is the most beautiful city in the world.”

“Are you . . . seeing anyone?” the woman asked, somewhat tentatively. “That is, are you married or courting anyone?”

“I cannot lie. No. I am not.”

“And if I asked you what you thought of me . . . if I asked you if you thought I was . . . attractive? What would you say?”

“Then I would have to tell you the truth. I am, after all, a Tamed Man.”

He smiled and moved a little closer. “Do you want to know if I find you attractive?”

“First, I think . . . well, lets see if your tameness does not leave you with a little wildness, yet, too.” And she moved a little closer to him.

“I think I can manage some wildness, yes.”

And she smiled back, meeting her lips with his.