The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Dominant Species

Chapter 7 Part B

GATSBY’S GAME.

The third contest between Billy Ray and Brad was an epic battle lasting over forty minutes. Both strained and groaned to the absolute limits of cell, bone and muscle. Brad was drenched with sweat. Both men felt the burn in their arms which spread into their shoulders, then their chests and backs, until if seemed like liquid fire coursed through their veins and muscles as first one then the other gained an edge, each refusing to be put down and both just as committed to victory.

They were fueled and driven by their own purposes. Brad’s ignition was Sammi. He was the one responsible for bringing her here and he had to get her out. His love for her pushed passed all pain and exhaustion. He would never quit, never give in. He could not even imagine losing her to this monster and whatever plan he had. He would rather die than let his sister end up in this creatures clutches and become part of his purposes.

For Ray it was pride. This child, this callow youth who knew nothing about life had insulted and threatened him. He could not abide it. There was no way he could let him have this win in such an easy manner. No, if he was going to escort his sister from this house he would have to earn it in a more extended, labyrinth circumstance. He would let nothing come easy to Brad now. The hard lessons would be taught and learned.

Like a whirlwind of emotion and muscle the contest swirled in eddies of agony, first one then the other gaining the edge, pushing, straining, forcing each to dig down into places and reserves neither knew they had. Yet on it went because each refused to lose. Those who watched wondered if it was possible for the contest to go on forever; If the concept of losing was so anathema to both that they would sit, locked in combat till the end of time.

But of course this was not possible. Despite their combined determination eventually strength wanes, lactic acid builds up and the flesh cannot keep the promises the mind makes, no matter how determined that mind may be. The laws of physiology will ultimately win out. And so it was too in the epic match between two driven, determined, obsessed opponents.

At the forty fourth minute mark it finally ended with the back of Brad’s hand pinned to the table. There was nothing but silence as the two stared into each other’s eyes…..except for the panting of both combatants as their lungs strained desperately for oxygen.

Billy Ray sat back in his chair trying to catch his breath. In all his life he had never experienced the physical pain this boy had put him through trying to save his sister. True to his word, he had not for even a moment used his vampiric powers to win. Even during the times he felt he would lose. For honor to be upheld it had to be a fair contest.

Brad buried his head in his hands, his chest heaving with exertion, his shirt soaked as though it had been dunked in a pool of water. His quivering arm felt like it was ready to explode off his body. But this pain was nothing compared to the mental agony that consumed him now. He had lost! With all that was at stake he had lost! All he could think of was Sammi and what would happen to her now. He felt a terror inside so vast and over arching that it was like a black pit he just kept falling into never having the ending mercy of smashing into bottom. He had nothing left inside of him. That terror had eaten up all the sixteen year old had to give. He still could not fathom how he had lost. It was as though the match had been some hazy dream even thought it had just occurred and the contest was still to be had. He simply couldn’t wrap his mind around what had happened. He had been that sure that he would win. It was completely disorienting, as though he had woken from a slumber to find himself in the body of a ninety year old woman. Nothing seemed real and he felt catastrophically numb.

Finally, slowly the vampire regained his composure and equilibrium. He eyed Brad with honest respect. “You fought like a lion,” he finally said in a cracked voice because there was not a bit of saliva left inside his mouth or throat. “You have nothing to be ashamed of.”

Staci ran to Brad, sorrow gracing her perfect features. He put her hands on his cheeks, staring into his face.“You did! You fought like a lion! I never saw anything like it.”

Brad looked up at her. But he could barely meet her eyes in his shame and desolation. His face looked cracked, like chunks of it were ready to slide off, like a condemned building ready for demolition. He had let her down too. She had been so nice to him and was so desperate to save herself from whatever horrors Ray was perpetrating on her. What fate would she meet now thanks to his failure?

She kept holding his face in her hands, peering at him with concern.“It’s all right. It’s all right,” she kept telling him, trying to console him.

He just shook his head as she stared at him with understand and compassion. He didn’t have words for it. How do you tell a young girl just beginning life that she is condemned to hell….or worse because you couldn’t do what needed to be done? How do you tell a girl like Staci that she will never have a life of her own at all? How do you apologize for that crime?

Tears welled up in his eyes. “Staci….I…..I….I….don’t…..know…what….” He couldn’t go on.

“It’s OK Brad. You don’t have to say anything,” replied Staci as she hugged him. “You did everything you could.” She glared at Ray. “No one ever fought for me like you did. You are my hero. I love you.”

She pulled back and looked at him, hands comfortingly on his face, the wreck of the boy who had been having the time of his life with her just a short while ago. He could have been a totally different person such was the dichotomy between the two now.

She gave him a sad smile. “Oh look at you,” she said softly as she caressed his crestfallen face. He looked back at her, so forlorn, so helpless now.

“Oh look at your face,” she said as her smile grew wider.

“Oh look at your face,” she said her words light and airy with amusement. “You look like someone kicked you in the nuts with the stiletto heel.”

Her smile grew wider yet, her lips dancing with dark revelation. Brad looked at her, uncomprehending.

Her sensual, moist lips were pulled back in a cocky sneer, showing off her perfect white teeth. Her eyes were alive as never before, dancing with a burning devilish wildfire.

She started laughing. It started light and soft and grew in sound and pitch. The sound of her laugh was so girlish and so wantonly taunting. It was the laugh of an extremely beautiful and confident woman who wanted someone to know she had used him remorselessly. It was like a shiny dagger aimed at the young boy’s heart and mind to break even further.

And as she stood there, arms akimbo, her body so supremely relaxed in its graceful supreme perfection, the epitome of feminine evil, she never looked more alluring or beautiful.

“You lose….Scat,” she drawled in her husky, sexy voice.

Staci walked to Ray, every movement athletic silky grace. She ran her smooth tanned arms around his neck. Her face spoke of the joy she felt at his victory. “Did you really think you could beat him? He is the Master of everything. You’re just a boy! He’s all man.” She glanced between Brad’s legs as she said this, one more well timed insult. She leaned down and gave Ray a deep, wet kiss. Unlike before this time he returned it in kind as Brad watched them get lost in each other with a feverish passion.

“Staci….no…..please,” pleaded the boy shaking his head in disbelief. “Not you too.”

She snorted in derision. “Did you think you would free me? Free me from what? From him?” She licked Ray’s cheek yet kept her eyes on the boy. “He freed me from all the bullshit! I’m freer than I ever have been in my life. Who would ever want leave his side?” She ran her bare arms along Ray’s neck and chest as she spoke while grinding her crotch against him.

Her dark, full eyebrow rose in mock question. “Did you think because I gave you a boner I was in love with you? That I was on your side?” She put her finger on her lower lip, pulling it down slightly with practiced ease, as though in flippant thought. “Baby, here’s a news flash for you. I give everyone a boner. It ain’t nothing new.” She snorted. “You’re just another endless boner for me.” She giggled wildly. “You were so fucking easy. Yeah, easy, easy Scat. That’s your name now! Easy Scat!”

Brad shook his head in disbelief. His one ally was gone disappearing like the smoke that had gone up the vent all night. He couldn’t believe it. She had been playing him all along; just a tentacle of Ray’s master plan. She had given him that light of hope that he could get them out. He felt so alone now.

“It can’t be…everything you said to me….all that was an act? You didn’t mean any of it?” he said in despair.

She shrugged her shoulders and arms, an act of natural insouciance that was so graceful and pretty on her. “I told you I was a bad girl didn’t I? You should have listened.”

Brad felt many emotions at this moment but the chief among them was humiliation. But not just at how easily he had let Staci manipulate him and his feelings. It was worse, deeper. For even now, after understanding that Staci had betrayed him all along he felt embarrassed about what she must think of him. She had to be viewing him with the lowest possible regard: as she said, a boy. So stupid, so easy to fool and control. He hated himself for feeling this way but the emotion was there. She was so beautiful, he couldn’t help it.

Ray looked at Staci with pure admiration. “My god you were so good. You almost had me convinced you had turned against me and were going to leave.”

She gave him a wry, amused grin, basking in his praise. “Good, I’m glad. You need a scare put in your ass once in a while with that ego.”

She ran her hand through her hair as though she was a movie star on the catwalk as she strutted and preened about. “Hey, we’re in the city of Hollywood. When in Rome, right?”

She looked up with a crazy, intense look on her face, her eyes wide and started walking slowly. “All right Mr. Demille, I’m ready for my closeup!” she said, aping Norma Desmond.

Ray shot up from his chair and applauded his face beaming with delight. “Indeed you are. The great actress Meryl Streep could not have played the role better.” Billy Ray said expansively, with obvious pride.

Staci’s eyes narrowed. She moved up to him fast. She jammed a sharp nailed finger into his chest so hard he took a step back. “What the hell did you just say?” She jammed the finger into his chest again, harder. “Meryl Streep? Are you freaking kidding me?” She jammed the finger in again, leaving it there. She gave him a hard once over with a cold smile. “I wonder how great Gatsby would be if I gave him a good hard kick in the nuts.”

Ray looked at her, surprise on his face. But then he quickly understood. Ray held up his hands in diffidence. “Sorry! My mistake. I mean Meryl Streep if she had been hot.”

Her steely eyes narrowed even more. She put her hands on her hips. “Hot? I know you’re over a thousand years old so I’m thinking maybe you better get your eyes checked for macular degeneration because you must be going blind.”

He laughed at the insult. She was such a wildcat. “Sorry. Let me try this one more time. If Meryl Streep had been the hottest, bad ass woman who ever lived,” he amended with a chagrined voice.

Staci looked at him, considering his words. “Mmmmm……OK, close enough. I’ll accept that. You’re lucky you got wise.” She started posing again, her motions exaggerated and over the top, satisfied with his adjustment. She turned to Brad. “See? I am big; it’s the pictures that got small!”

Ray was admiring Staci to the fullest. Staci loved to bust his balls, poke fun at him and bring him down a peg or two. And Ray loved it all, her whimsical, ridiculous sense of humor and her sassy, fearless ways.

He moved gracefully to her and bowed. He held out his hand. “May I have the supreme honor of a dance, my dear?” he asked with obvious desire.

She looked at him for a moment, measuring him, fire in her eyes. “That’s more like it. I will give you the honor of a dance with me,” she replied her voice sweet with dominance. She took his hand in hers.

“System, please play a classic Viennese waltz with all the flourishes,” Ray said to the house entertainment system.

The music began and their bodies came together like matching parts and soon they were waltzing about the room moving perfectly, as one. They gazed into each other’s eyes with longing and laughed as they whirled about the room in perfect ynchronicity. They were so beautiful, moving like water, even in this eldritch, terrible tableau.

Brad sat there watching them both with a thousand yard stare in his eyes. His head was spinning at what he saw. These two were flouncing around having the time of their lives, not a care in the world about what they were doing to him and Sammi. It was all just a game, a great big joke to them. His life, Sammi’s life, all part of the production they had put on.

As he watched them he knew they were both truly mad, totally insane. And he felt like he had somehow been trapped in some hellish insane asylum with them. An insane asylum built by this creature Ray, brick by brick from the ground up. And now he knew that ever since the moment Lauren had opened that door and bid him and Sammy to enter Ray had been throwing one strange and weird moment after another at him. It had all been a plan, a horrific play to keep him off balance, unable to think, to sucker him further and further along the road Ray wanted him to travel.

And now here he was at this moment and the road was a literal dead end.

Lauren whistled to Brad. He turned to her. She stood with her hands wrapped protectively around Sammi. Sammi looked confused and frightened now, realizing something was very wrong. She gave Brad a smug look then reached behind her to the handle sticking out of her back pocket. When her hand came up it held a comb. She smirked at Brad and started brushing Sammi’s hair: A comb, not a knife: Just another trick, an illusion to move him to Ray’s desires.

Brad still sat, still, unmoving; he put his face deep in his hands, knowing all was lost. These monsters had been playing with him since the moment he entered the house; just a never ending series of cons and jokes at his expense. Everything was designed to slowly confuse and frighten him, to sap him of his will and strength and resolve, to lead him by the nose to where they wanted him to go. It had all been so easy for them: Life and death for him, just a game for them. The vast totality of what they had done was overwhelming for him in its scope and execution.

When Ray and Staci were done with their dance he sat back in his chair a very satisfied look playing his face. Ray spoke. “Do not despair at your loss. I know you thought me a decadent soft individual but that is not so.” Ray raised his head and voice, a deep pride now lacing his words. “I fought next to my friend Prince Vlad the Third, the terrible Dragon of Wallachia against the invading Turks. I wore the armor and sword and shield in that slaughterhouse battlefield. The battle was during daylight hours so I was not as strong as I am at night. The danger to me was quite real.” Ray’s eyes clouded over as he remembered that brutal battle and Brad finally understood that look he had seen more than once this night. This man was remembering his past.

His voice grew softer when he spoke again, as though he were back in that terrible place instead of a room in house in the suburbs of Los Angeles. “We battled for hours on that bloody field and though I am not human and used all the powers available it taxed me to my limits. You cannot truly understand what happened there. It is not like the movies. It is close quarter, man on men, no room, slashing, stabbing, choking, punching, gouging, biting at anything you see or feel. Punctured eyes, slashed throats, ripped stomachs…endless screaming….you just keep trying to destroy anything around you and stay alive: Slash, rip, cut, punch over and over till you don’t think you can take another moment, blood and mud and entrails everywhere, all over you, till you can’t see or breathe. You just keep killing anything close to you. After a while you don’t know or care who it is or whose side they are on. You just know you have to keep killing so that you can live. So you see my body was forged twice, once at birth and a second time in that war.”

He closed his eyes. The room was dead silent. “I came so close to dying on that field. So many times…..”

Why didn’t you die? Why didn’t you die then you freak? wondered Brad. He knew I thought he was weak and decadent. Has he been in my mind, reading my thoughts? Can he do that too? The idea of this creature inside his head almost made him gag.

After a long pregnant moment, Ray opened his eyes again.

Brad stared into the face of his conqueror. The face of Ray was different now, no longer goading, no taunts limned his eyes or creased the set of his lips. No, his face was set as majestic stone; a fierce pride was there now, a victor gazing at the vanquished. His whole posture had changed. Staci was behind him, her arms wrapped around him as though he were some potentate and she his queen. He was no longer something pretending to be a man pretending to be Gatsby. There was effortless nobility to his body, as though a king born to this. And Brad now knew without question the true nature of what he had been dealing with:this thing was proud, cruel as death, ancient as a tomb, intelligent beyond imagining. It was in no way human and it always achieved its ends.

But Brad was no fool or coward. No matter how much had had been toyed with and outmaneuvered he was a fighter to the core. And while this was just a game for the sick inmates of this asylum for Brad the drive to save Sammi from this monster was always there, pushing him on no matter what they did to confuse him or trick him or beat him down. And just that fast his feelings of despair melted away under a new determination.

And he realized that despite the fact that Staci had always been Ray’s confederate he was not really alone as he had thought in his despair. For there was someone who was always with him: His mother. His mother who also had to solve her problems alone because no on earth could keep up with her enough to help.

His brilliant mother who was as much a master of her domain as Ray was his. She was always trying to pass on her thought process, her wisdom to him in so many ways and Brad knowing full well how amazing she was soaked up those lessons like a sponge.

Like Ray had done when thinking back on his battle against Tepes’ enemies, Brad now found his mind drifting back to the past.

He had entered his mother’s workshop and she had asked him to put on a VR headset and become linked with hers. He stood there, marveling at the schematics and equations that floated through the air, seeing what his mother dealt with every day.

She explained to him what she was trying to do and the seemingly insurmountable problems that lie in the path of where she wanted to go, where she had to get to.

There was no way on earth he could even begin to understand the details and minutiae of what she was talking about but he knew she understood this. Not ten people on earth could actually follow what she was doing. It was not the technical aspects of what she was showing that was the lesson she was imparting, it was the process, the mindset she used that she wished to pass onto him on that day.

Angela had turned to him smiling. She spoke of the particular issue she was trying to solve. “It’s a daunting thing, isn’t it? Seems Insurmountable, right? I might was well just chuck it all and curl up in a fetal ball.”

He laughed at this. He was in awe of what his mother was doing. She was a prodigy on the level of Einstein or even greater. His pride in her was total. This was his mother! This was the same woman who had given birth to him, suckled him, bathed him, fed him, loved him and raised him. And he and Sammi were the most important things in this amazing woman’s life!

He nodded. “Yes. I don’t know how you do it.”

She smiled, it was the right answer. Her pride in him was total too. It was so clear by the look on her face. His answer gave her the opening she wanted. “But that’s not true. Never forget this, there is always a way Brad. There is always a solution to any problem. And I mean any problem. The thing is you can’t let it overwhelm you and make you feel defeated. Bad problems have a way of sapping you, making you feel helpless. If you let that happen then you are lost.”

She put her virtual hand on his virtual shoulder. And in that touch, the look on her face, the shine of her eyes even in this artificial realm her unbridled love and affection and respect for him was so indelible and real. “When you hit that wall you don’t keep banging your head against it. That is the path to defeat. When you are in that situation you have to back up and take a breath, decompress. You have to keep thinking about it, step back, evaluate what you need, what is stopping you and what are the tools at hand. Sometimes the answer is complex,” she said. Then she raised a knowing eyebrow, “But sometimes, more than you might think, the answer is simple, sitting there, right in view. You just have to clear your mind and see it.”

And now back in Ray’s asylum he did just that. He was certain if his mother was here she would find the key to unlocking the door to escape. And now he had to follow her lead and do it himself. He let all the previous events fall from him and concentrated on the problem and nothing else. The problem wasn’t how to get him and Sammi out. That issue was just the result of the real problem: Ray. He had a Ray problem and needed to get rid of it. Get rid of Ray. If he eradicated Ray it was problem solved. It was really that simple and nothing else really entered into the equation, everything else was ancillary, a distraction.

And just like that it came to him: The solution was sitting right there, simple, as his mother had promised, provided by The Great Gatsby himself. Brad was truly his mother’s son.

He looked at Ray, his face blank. “What now? What’s going to happen now?” he pleaded in barely a whisper. His voice carried total defeat and supplication, just what Ray was expecting: The out of his depth, defeated boy. But it was a ruse to lure Ray into complacency. He was playing his own game of deception now. He would take Ray’s methods and use them as his own. And he was now ready to play this game all the way on Ray’s terms. Nothing less than killing him would bring this to an end and Brad was fully prepared to make that play.

As he spoke he leaned a bit to the side, preparing to pounce. The Great Gatsby’s heavy metal walking stick with the thick, pointed head was resting against the table just a few feet away, all part of the great game. But why couldn’t he use it too? Ray had no exclusive claim to the game or its many props. Brad knew this creature could get into his head and perceive his thoughts to some degree but he suspected this ability was an intermittent thing, that it could not live in his mind and not read or feel everything going on there all the time. Brad knew that metal stick was capable of crushing someone’s skull if swung with enough force and he was ready to be that person. He didn’t care about anything now. He was gladly prepared to turn the heads of all three of them into a bloody pulp to get Sammi out of this house of horrors.

The vampire looked at Brad a long time as though weighing something so very vital. Then his face relaxed almost imperceptibly as he came to a decision. “You and I have had our time, no? Exchanged some thoughts, come to know each other a bit. And it’s been fun. But you see it was always your lovely sister who precipitated this. It was that very moment she came in. What I felt from her. I need to find out if she is what I think. I have to find out.”

He continued on, explaining the next step. “And now because you lost, fair and square, we move to the second part of the game as per our agreement. The rules must be followed.”

His opaque black eyes slid to Sammi and lingered there possessively while his sensuous lips broke out in a wide, proprietary grin. “We are at the point where Sammi and I get to know one another much more intimately,” he said, his words dripping like sweet honey.

The effect of this statement was instantaneous. Brad was a level headed teenager with a kind heart and nature but this was a push too far. All of what he was became subsumed by his love for Sammi and desire to protect her. Immediately the room’s atmosphere changed completely. It was charged with an impending violence that was palpable. The change was so real and strong it was like the scent of ozone permeating the air so powerfully that you could smell and feel it.

Hearing these words, that sly implicit threat from the monsters’ mouth about his sister launched him into a blinding volcanic rage. The thought of this hideous, insane freak that had warped and destroyed these three young women doing anything with Sammi drove him over the edge.

But it was not just the rage which propelled his next actions. There was premeditation too. Brad had been waiting for Ray to move his black eyes away from him. As soon as Ray looked at Sammi Brad made his move with a speed even he didn’t know was in his arsenal. He jumped up and grabbed the heavy walking stick. He pivoted around like a blur, winding his strong torso up like a coiled spring as he twisted the stick behind him so hard he could feel his stomach muscles pull in extreme taut agony.

Brad loved sports and while football was his true love he enjoyed basketball and baseball too. He was the cleanup hitter on the baseball team and was a much feared batter from the four slot, leading the team in hits, home runs, triples, doubles and runs scored. He knew how to bring all one hundred and eighty pounds of his muscle into a pristine swing that moved the bat with speed, accuracy and frightening power.

At the very last moment Ray turned to him, his face slack in shock both at what Brad was doing and the speed of it all.

And now he swung it with all the speed and might of his powerful body. But once he swung it all seemed to go in slow motion. Brad could feel the bat coming around with brutal force, like he was swinging for the fences in the bottom of ninth inning and his team was two runs down.

Ray’s head was the baseball and cane was the bat. Just as in so many games Brad had played since he was little boy and the endless hours his dad had practiced with him.

No singles or doubles now, it wouldn’t be enough. It was out of the park or he would lose.

Brad could see Ray’s jet black eyes grow wider and wilder in shock and surprise as the cane came around. And even in that infinitesimal amount of time before the cane would hit that ball, that fucking head, Brad took more joy from that look on Ray’s face than any other moment of his life.

The moment seemed to go on forever and he savored it completely.

Finally, inevitably, the heavy, pointed head of the cane struck Ray flush on the left side of his head, above the temple with a sickening CRACK! It sounded like a thick tree branch snapping in an unstoppable storm of bad intentions.

Brad had hit the baseball proverbial sweet spot. He could feel the shudder of the impact throughout his whole body. He knew that feeling from before. It felt so fucking good. It was incredible how good it felt. It had never felt anywhere near as good as it did now.

The deadly impact zone of the cane with the stationary head erupted up with a violent spout of very dark red blood that flew high and wide, splattering the ceiling and walls with red lines and drops like spray from Jackson Pollock’s paint brush. The patterns seemed beautiful in their own way.

The vampires head jerked sideways in an unnatural bend and his whole body rocked back with the powerful impact of metal on flesh and bone. The strike was brutally hard, perfect and true.

Staci, Lauren and Nastia gasped loudly with the sight and sound of the strike. Sammi screamed.

As Ray’s head flew back to an impossible degree Brad screamed at this demon who had been torturing him to the most total of extremes, who had pushed him over the edge. “Let’s play one of my games now you mother fucker!! How do you like baseball!!? You never played that in England three hundred years ago!! Let me show you how it works!!!!”

Brad pulled back and swung again, now as crazy as Ray or any of his wicked female creations, now just as much as an inmate of this asylum as the others, reveling in his madness, screaming, snarling like a mindless savage, determined to smash that smirking face, that skull over and over until it split into tiny bloody and white shards like an egg shell pounded to unrecognizable dust.

He was going to swing that cane for a hundred times if that was what it took to get the job done.

Brad knew the girls were victims here too but that no longer mattered. He cared about nothing but freeing Sammi from this madness. They were on Ray’s side. When he was done with Ray he looked forward to doing the girls.

He knew from his biology class their skulls were thinner, lighter and would give in much easier than Ray’s.

He couldn’t wait to start in on them with his bat.