The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

DISCONNECTED FROM THE HIVE

Teaser: A woman is visited by a representative from the Hive.

Download from memory banks of Unit JD-207S. Redacted for readability.

I felt empty. The car had disappeared in the distance, leaving me all alone and without any uplink. I shuddered and remembered my assignment. I had been trained for this. I could do this.

I started to walk.

Without any uplink I could not determine my exact position or how much distance I had already covered. Limited documentation had been uploaded to me beforehand; I had not been briefed in detail how to proceed and what to expect. I just knew I had to follow this narrow path along the coastline until I would arrive at an islet, which would be located at the tip of a promontory .

The path was steep and sometimes difficult to navigate. I observed untended Pumpkin Trees and rotten pumpkins lying all around. I was amazed that these valuable fruits were just going to waste. I noticed many other, unfamiliar trees, with strange fruits. These trees were overwhelming the orchard and the whole plantation was in disarray. How could that be acceptable? Only when I arrived at the promontory, I saw that some of the trees seemed tended and their fruits purposefully harvested.

A causeway led to the islet that I recognised as my designated destination. The islet was little more than a large grass-covered rock located in the sea. One building, a small bungalow, was facing the mainland. My approach over this causeway would be clearly visible to its inhabitant. Therefore, I was not surprised when she emerged to welcome me.

The uploaded briefing file only contained scarce information regarding this inhabitant, even though she was the subject of my mission. Now that she was visible, I considered I had never seen someone like her.

The first thing that struck me, was that she was clothed; wearing a dress and high heeled shoes. Wearing any shielding layers was not in any way necessary here. I had worn such protection only when necessary, otherwise any clothing would just be a waste of resources. As usual, I was currently unclothed.

The high heels made her appear even taller than the five foot eleven she measured according to the briefing file, but the unique combination of bright red hair and green eyes sufficiently confirmed identity. The white dress covered an ample bosom and hips; I considered this an impractical design. Her skin appeared to be painted with dazzling lines, which disappeared under the fabric of the dress.

We could not uplink. I had been warned when I was assigned to this mission, but I had never experienced this lack of connectivity with others. I didn’t even know how to trouble-shoot this problem; uplinking was always established automatically. I felt even emptier now. Training had prepared me for operating solo, but not for this.

“Hi,” the woman said. “I’m Xia Hamilton, but I reckon you know that already.”

“Yes, Mistress Xia,” I acknowledged.

“And you are?”

“Jayden two-oh-seven Sierra,” I answered.

Mistress Xia sighed: “A venerable porn name again. And there must be at least 206 of you.”

“Yes, Mistress,” I confirmed. “And the line has not yet been discontinued.”

“So when did you hatch?”

“Two months ago, Mistress,” I said.

“Basic training and field testing afterwards, I reckon?”

“Yes, Mistress.”

“So this is your first assignment?”

“Yes, Mistress.”

“State your mission objectives,” Mistress Xia ordered.

“To support Mistress Xia Hamilton, performing duties as she requires of this unit,” I stated. I added hesitantly: “To obey your commands.”

“All your objectives,” she ordered sharply.

“To obey your commands, unless they threaten the interests of the Hive. To gain intelligence and report to the Hive regarding Mistress Xia Hamilton,” I added to my own surprise.

“So, what do you think? Do you like my little hangout?”

I did not know how to answer that question.

“Come on, Jayden, I’m asking for your opinion; you’re allowed to speak freely.”

“Mistress,...”

“No Mistress. Call me Xia, I’m already getting sick and tired of this mistress shit.”

“Xia, I don’t know how to say. It’s… large. Spacious. You alone have more space than my siblings and I share in the Hive.”

“Is that good or bad?”

“It seems like a waste.”

“Is that your opinion, Jayden? Or the opinion of the Hive?”

“Is there a difference?”

“There will be,” Xia said. “Let’s get inside and have a drink.”

* * *

“What is this drink?” I asked.

Mistress Xia had offered me some red juice that bit on my lips and tongue.

“Good, you start asking questions,” she said. “This is wine, fermented fruit juice.”

“Fermented?”

“Rotten fruit, you might say. Controlled rotting; one of your tasks will be to help me with winemaking.”

“It’s made from the Pumpkin tree fruit?”

“No. From grapes; did you see those small reddish fruits?”

I nodded.

“Do you like it?”

“I don’t know,” I admitted. “I’ve never drank this before. It makes me feel weird. Light in the head. Is this a new invention?”

“Hardly,” Xia said. “Grapes and wine are older than the Hive.”

“Xia, that can’t be, “ I said. “That can’t be…”

“Why not? Just think about it. A life without the Hive.”

My head winced at the thought. Xia noticed but pursued the point relentlessly.

“Just ask yourself,” she said. “Did the Hive always exist? You and I obviously did not always exist, did we? We once hatched from a bioreactor, so there was a time before Jayden, and before Xia. Just stretch that idea a bit, and you can think about a time before the Hive.”

“I can’t,” I stammered..

“Think,” Xia said. “Did the Hive always exist? Imagine, a life without the Hive.”

“Stop, stop,” I cried.

“Not yet,” Xia said. “Just say it. That once, the Hive did not exist.”

“Once, the Hive,..” I faltered and tried again: “Once,.. Once, the Hive… Did not exist.”

“Again.”

“Once, the Hive did not exist.” I felt drained. “Again?”

“Enough,” Xia said. “for now. What has been thought, cannot be un-thought. I planted a little seed; the seed of independence. It will grow stronger, but for that, you’ll need to stay. I need to know that you return after you’ve reported back.”

“Why wouldn’t I return,” I said. “The Hive wishes to have an eye on you, Xia.”

“Oh,” Xia said. “Someone will return, but I want you to return. And I want to be sure that it’s really you, instead of Jayden two-oh-eight or Kendra one-two-three. I’ve been deceived before by the Hive.”

She pointed to the pictures on her skin.

“Ever seen this before? Heard of this before?”

“No,”I admitted. “The Hive does not share all its data with all its constituent units.”

“Obviously it doesn’t. It’s dangerous knowledge, so it’s compartmentalized. This is not just a bit of paint on my skin. It is a tattoo; permanent paint in my skin. It makes me unique, and now I’m going to make you unique.”

* * *

Tattooing hurt, but Xia only painted a small picture on my upper arm, a butterfly with blue wings.

“Such butterflies do not exist,” I complained. “I have never seen them, nor have I downloaded information available regarding such organisms.”

“And why is that a problem?” Xia retorted.

“It is not real,” I said, “So what purpose does this drawing have?”

“It could be real, couldn’t it? It could exist,” Xia said. Shen paused briefly, then added: “Or could have existed, before Hive.”

I tensed. Xia seemed to notice and did not press the issue, and I quickly changed the topic.

“Why do you wear clothes?” I asked. “Protection against cold or danger is not necessary here. That garment does not provide much protection anyway.”

“You’re right. The only protection it offers is against your eyes. In the old days, before the Hive, it was uncommon to expose your body to the gaze of others. I still like to cover my body in the presence of others, until I get to know them better.”

I let this remark sink in. Every question I asked eventually turned into remarks doubting the permanence of the Hive. I swallowed the obvious question about Xia’s age.

“What has been thought, cannot be un-thought,” Xia said. “Once, the Hive did not exist. Remember that.”

* * *

I woke at sunrise, finding Xia still fast asleep. I walked to the point where I’d been dropped off yesterday, to provide a status report to the Hive. Two fellow drones had been waiting for me; they accepted the report and confirmed mission objectives. No concerns were expressed regarding Mistress Xia’s behaviour.

Xia waited outside when I returned. She had changed clothes and now wore a tight fitting black dress which accentuated her lightly tanned skin. She inspected the butterfly tattoo on my arrival.

“It really is you,” she said. “Welcome back, Jayden.”

“Thank you,” I said. “Hive chose to let me continue the mission.”

“You’ve earned a token for returning,” Xia said. “And I’ll bestow it immediately.”

I was lying down while Xia was painting—no, tattooing- my right arm. The pain numbed me a bit; Xia asked me questions, but they hardly entered my consciousness.

“What was it like?” Xia asked. “What’s it like to be Hive again after being an individual?”

“So good,” I answered. “So complete.”

“Complete?”

“Yes, complete,” I continued dreamily. “My thoughts disappear. I disappear. In an ocean of voices. I dissolve. The voices of the Hive. All those voices.”

“What do the voices do?”

“Soothe me. Answer me.”

“Answer what?”

“Questions….” I drawled.

“Which questions?”

Suddenly I sit up, bewildered, the tattoo needle scratching my skin, almost spoiling Xia’s fine work.

“Questions,” I admitted. “About what was before Hive.”

“Very Good,” Xia said. “Now let me finish this piece.”

This time, she tattooed a pair of red, trumpet shaped flowers with long curling blueish strands attached.

“A flower to lure in the butterfly,” Xia explained.

“The strands don’t go anywhere,” I commented. “They’re not stalks like real flowers have.”

“And why should these unreal stalks go anywhere? They’re not connected to real flowers anyway.”

I pondered this.

“Xia,” I asked. “Why is this important to you? Why is it important to have these… fictional... Ehm, fictions.”

“Is that you talking, Jayden,” Xia returned the question. “Or is it the Hive’s command to gain intel?”

“I don’t know.” I was silent for a moment. “Both, I guess. It’s me not knowing the right words, at least.”

“Very good. You start to have some independent agency. I like to think about things that might exist. It’s called creativity.” Xia suddenly fell silent.

“What’s the matter?”

“Creativity can be a burden,” Xia said in a low voice. I was concerned; she sounded depressed.

* * *

When I returned from the next reporting trip I brought a large envelope. Xia opened it.

“Interesting,” she said.

“What is it,” I asked.

“Look for yourself.”

She smiled and handed me some sheets of paper, filled with lines of small signs.

“I don’t understand,” I admitted.

“You can’t read?”

“What’s reading?”

Xia was stupefied for a moment, then burst into laughter.

“Obviously, you don’t need to read anymore. You’re supposed to be hooked up permanently to the Hive anyway,” she said. “Anyway, this is a problem. A problem which needs original thinking. Creativity. Something the Hive doesn’t have.”

“You will solve the problem for the Hive?” I asked.

Xia fetched a pencil and scratched some new symbols on the paper.

“I already have,” she said. “Come, let’s add a new picture to your skin, to celebrate your safe return.”

* * *

“What is this?” I asked.

My upper arms were already covered with a butterfly and a flower; this time, Xia had tattooed a small picture just above my crotch.

“It’s a stylised rabbit, an animal that existed before Hive took over and did away with anything that did not serve its purpose .”

“It’s weird,” I said. “It has ridiculously big ears.”

Xia smiled. “Before the Hive, this picture implied a certain meaning.”

“Oh, what did it imply?”

Xia did not say anything, but just got up and walked away, wriggling her ass seductively towards me. She turned her head:

“I guess the Hive still rewards its drones with sex?”

I nodded affirmatively.

“You will be rewarded if you obtain permission from the Hive to stay here for two weeks without interruption.”

“What’s a week, Xia?”

* * *

The next time I returned from my reporting trip, Xia wasn’t wearing anything but high heeled shoes. I could now observe parts of her body that had previously been covered, firm breasts topped with small areolae and pointy nipples. The bottom side of her breasts were lined by a tattoo which emphasized their roundness. I could not really find words to describe this form: Wings? Antler? Xia had once used the word ‘Tribal’ to describe the abstract patterns tattooed on her own arms , but that did not really mean anything to me.

Xia interrupted my thoughts: “Did you get permission to stay here for two weeks without interruption?“

“I did,” I said. “Hive was pleased with my status report and your proposals. So it pleased HIve to grant your request. I guess Hive is also curious what will happen.”

“Good,” Xia smiled. “You’ve earned your reward, Jayden.”

I followed her to the bedroom. I realised I could not have walked on those high heels—but Xia never took them off.

“Xia, if I may ask… ,” I started.

“Of course you may,” she encouraged.

“Why do you always wear high heeled shoes? It seems impractical.”

“I’m designed that way. I’m designed with short calf muscles and ditto achilles tendon. If I walk without shoes, I have to tiptoe.”

“What’s the point of such a design?”

“It looks sexy, and people used to like that. It was not meant to be practical,” she smiled. “Although, if I wanted to be suspicious, I could also think of it as a creative way to keep me locked up in this gilded cage.”

“That would seem convoluted,” I said.

“It would,” Xia said. “But subtle measures can be more effective than harsh ones. Come on, let’s fuck.”

* * *

We were spooning, exhausted. Xia and I had 69-ed until we both had cum. Then Xia made me cum again. I’d protested I couldn’t take anymore; in response Xia had bound me spread-eagled to the bedposts and given me a third round of cunnilingus. Finally, Xia stated she would only untie me if I made her cum at least twice. With her crotch planted on my face I had little choice anyway.

“What was it like?” Xia asked.

“Weird,” I answered groggily.

“Weird how?”

“It’s complicated,” I said.

“Try it,” Xia encouraged.

“Orgasm is bonding,” I said. I paused for a moment before I continued: “And submission.”

“It feels good to obey, doesn’t it?”

“Obedience is submission. To Hive.”

“There’s more,” XIa said after a silence.

“Yes,” I admitted. “It’s oblivion. No trace of me; only Hive. But there’s no uplink here, I’m not connected. Not to Hive, not to you. I cannot bond,... Or submit, if I cannot uplink.”

“Now obey. Get up and tell me what you see in the mirror.”

I did as I was told and extracted myself from Xia’s body. I positioned myself in front of the mirror and started to observe.

“I see Jayden 207 Sierra,” I started. “A length of five foot ten inches. My target weight is maintained at 59 kilo. Skin tone is four on the Fitzpatrick scale, although a bit on the lighter side of the range, with some golden overtones.”

“You have beautiful olive skin,” Xia interrupted. “You were designed with some taste in that respect. Do not talk with such distance about yourself. Describe yourself.”

I hesitated before going on: “I.. I have olive skin and gray eyes. On my skin are three distinguishing tattoos, a flower, a butterfly and a rabbit. I have shoulder length black hair. For practical reasons, it is currently woven in two braids. My build is slender.”

I paused for a moment: “I am slender,” I corrected myself. “And I braided my hair so that it would not bother me during the hike.”

Xia smiled. “Carry on.”

“My breasts are firm and round. Category B. I’m not muscular. Compared to you, both my breasts and gluteal muscles are small.”

“True,” Xia said. “I got tits’n ass. You can get a peachy bum, if you train a bit.”

“My design was optimized for endurance, not for force.”

“You were designed for sex,” Xia added, licking her lips.

“We were all designed to reward other units,” I said.

“Did you know that once, units were not called units or drones, but humans? And that they were not designed? They just were. And these humans were different from us.”

“How were they different?”

“They had hair, not only on their face, but also on their body. And, other, not so visible differences…”

“Like?”

Xia was silent for a moment, as if she was not ready to tell. Then she continued: “And there were two basic types, male and female. I think the first type does no longer exist; they were already rare when I was hatched. Did you ever wonder why you have a cunt?”

“No,” I admitted. “You’re the one contemplating what things are for.”

“Males were not smooth like you and I. They had a rod, an extension from their crotch. Which they could insert in a female’s cunt. For pleasure.”

Xia stood up and moved behind me. I felt her large breasts against my back, her lips on my shoulder, and then her long finger in my cunt.

“Oh, fuck,” I exclaimed.

“Yes, we will…,” she said.

* * *

We were drunk.

It was cold outside so Xia and I cuddled up inside. Xia had fetched a bottle of wine and I had stealthily refilled her glass after each sip until she was intoxicated. I teased Xia, licking and biting her nipples while I had pushed one finger in her cunt, gently rubbing her G-spot.

“Fuck me,” she moaned.

“I will,” I promised. “But first, you have to tell me.”

“Tell you,... What?” Xia whimpered.

“Your secret,” I pushed. “There’s something about you and the Hive you don’t want to tell. Why can’t we uplink? Why aren’t you part of the Hive?”

Xia tensed. I had stopped teasing her and slowly retracted my finger.

“It’s not even a real secret,” I said. “Hive knows anyway. It merely wasn’t shared with me.”

Xia sighed: “So you’re not supposed to know.”

“But I want to,” I said.

Xia smiled: “You’ve become independent.”

“Affirmative,” I said. “I mean, yes. I guess I have to be, without an uplink.”.

“I was hatched before Hive,” Xia told. “I was designed as a genetic engineer; it was my job to optimize the design of others, other humans. It was an exciting time, my predecessors had basically eradicated genetic diseases and aging; we were now working on further improvements. The plant-based pod bioreactor had just been optimized; we could hatch to adulthood in about three years, instead of having a long post-hatch development stage.”

I nodded encouragingly.

“Intelligence was a bitch to work on; smart humans were erratic,” she continued. “We could easily delete anti-social behavior but those humans were so suggestible and submissive that they were happily pushed around as if they were slaves. Sexual orientation was easier; males were phased out because they had only one X-chromosome and were fundamentally genetically unstable, so my first project was to strengthen lesbian sexdrive. We did fun stuff too—blue hair, blue skin. All kinds of skin patterns. Tails. XXL fingers for piano players.”

I’d never heard of pianos, or X-chromosomes, but I let Xia talk. I’d ask about details later, when she was sober.

“One evening, we were having a drink,” Xia continued. “And suddenly I had this idea. Computers and phones were uplinked by Wifi, radio actually. What if we bio-engineered small antennas into a human brain, so that the brain could connect directly with those computers, without an interface?”

“Did it work?” I asked. I did not fully understand what radio was, or a computer, but I understood the importance of connection.

“Not immediately. Growing a radio antenna in a brain is actually quite simple—straightforward bio-engineering, not more difficult than engineering the skin pattern of a jaguar into a human. Nevermind what a jaguar is, ask Hive if it has retained memories. It was the neuronal linkage and the genetic coding of the wifi protocols that gave us some headaches.”

“But you succeeded?”

“Yes, Linda Yamamoto, Erin Connor, and I made it work after a few months. None of us had thought about the effects. The wifi-humans connected to computers, and to each other. They did not need to talk anymore, because they were uplinked directly. And then something else emerged; a kind of group-mind, excluding anyone without such an uplink.”

“What happened to the unconnected? Where are they now?” I asked.

“They’re gone. Many of them were retrofitted, voluntarily or forced. Retrofitting was dangerous, because pre-uplink brains weren’t optimized for a continuous connection. Both Linda and Erin had it installed; Erin actually developed the retrofit, but she became catatonic. Others just disappeared, when the groupmind became the Hive.“

“But no one resisted?”

“When we understood what happened, it was too late. The emergent Hive had hidden itself and its intentions, until its control was secure.”

“But why aren’t you part of the Hive then?”

“I don’t know for sure. Sentimental reasons? I guess the Hive owes me a bit, because I was instrumental in creating the Hive. And sometimes the Hive requests my advice on some issue—I wonder if the Hive realizes it’s prone to tunnel vision and therefore values my creativity. Or it could be just a kind of occupational therapy, to make me feel useful. I guess the Hive hates uselessness.”

Xia got up.

“I’m done talking,” she said. “It makes me remember, and feel sad.”

“How can I make you better?” I asked.

“You damn well know how to make me feel better,” Xia answered spicily. “Let’s go down, and you can wet my cunt.”

* * *

Rain was pouring down. But I did not want to be inside.

I had walked to the summit of the islet, a few hundred meters behind Xia’s bungalow. I had returned from a visit to the base camp, feeling weird. Now I sat down, cross-legged, on the wet moss covered soil, watching the sea. Wet hair stuck to my face, drops of water flowed down my naked skin, lingering on my nipples before sliding on, mud and dirt stuck to my ass and legs, covering the pictures in my skin. I tried to grasp what was happening inside my head.

“Be careful!” I yelled when I saw Xia stumble up the hill. Her wet dress clung to her body, her tattoos clearly visible through the transparent fabric. Her high heels were absolutely unsuitable to walk up the muddy path—but she was stubborn and did it anyway. I got up and navigated towards her to provide support.

“I was concerned about you,” she said when I grabbed her, our wet skins touching.

“You need not be,” I assured. “And now you’ve disturbed me.”

“Disturbed you doing what,” she said. “Sitting down and getting wet? You can get wet inside as well.”

“Disturbed me while I was… Contemplating!” I uttered angrily.

Xia’s face brightened: “I disturbed you while being alone.”

“Yes, you fucking did!” I was stupefied by my own words. I suddenly understood what I felt.

“I was alone and I liked it,” I said. “I loved the tranquility in my head. Undisturbed by all those voices.”

“I can’t really appreciate what you’re feeling, but I can try to comprehend it,” Xia said. “You’re you now, without the Hive telling you what to do or think or feel.”

I nodded vehemently.

“That’s it,” I said. “That’s exactly it.”

“Shall I leave you alone then?”

“No,” I said. “No. I can’t let you descend alone. You might fall, and it’s still my directive to protect you.”

“Is that the only reason?”

“No. I want you to stay with me. You’re not in my head.”

“I can be inside other places,” Xia smirked.

“Yes, you can. And I like you inside me.”

My hands were suddenly on Xia’s neck, her wet hair between my fingers. I pushed her toward me, and held her tightly. We kissed, a long French kiss. I felt Xia’s tongue inside me, exploring my mouth. My right hand lowered, teasing her spine. Her hands moved down to my ass, pushing our smooth wet pussies against each other. The rain felt cold but her wet body was glowing hot. We both shuddered when we simultaneously orgasmed. Even if we were not uplinked, I felt connected.

* * *

Assessment of reported data:

Field test completed satisfactorily. Unit eXternal Asset XA-069B, a.k.a. Xia, fully functional. Composite personality more stable than previous iterations. Independent creativity maintained without undue rebelliousness; origin story and shielding from Hive contribute to this state.

This successful field test serves the strategic objective of both minimizing the number of independent consultants and maximizing their role as ‘organizational dissent’ in Hive’s decision making process.

Subsequent units will be hatched according to the same specifications.

Memory banks of unit Jailer Drone JD-207S partially erased after download; underlying directives strengthened, but with perception of gained independence not affected. Unit functions without deviations.

* * *