The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

[mc, mf, fd]

synopsis: Alexandra Ryder—a.k.a. Agent 47-D—is back and this time it’s personal.

Corruption Games

(By S.B.)

22 — Another Trap

Meanwhile, back in the underground base, Melvin Chandler was checking and double-checking satellite intel to narrow down Accardi’s location and the results were promising.

“I think I got it,” he declared, chewing the tip of a pen.

“You found them?” Special Agent David Simms asked.

“If what I’m reading here is correct, yes,” he pointed at his monitor that was now displaying a chromatic array of reds, oranges, and yellow.

“What am I looking at?”

“This is a thermal sweep of the Wilhelm Docks happening in real-time. I couldn’t use one of ours lest they were being tracked as well somehow, so I ‘borrowed’ one of our Chinese friends.”

“You hacked a Chinese satellite monitoring U.S. soil?” Simms shook his head in disbelief.

“No. I just ‘borrowed’ their data for a while. That’s okay, they don’t even know I’m in their system for now and I’ll leave before they find out.”

“Since when do we allow foreign powers to have their machines pointed at us?”

“Since we do the same to them. Espionage and counter-espionage are happening all the time, Simms. It’s all part of the game.”

“That seems like a very dangerous game.”

“And you don’t even know half of it yet but if you stick around for long, you’ll get used to it.”

“Why would I stick around?”

“Why wouldn’t you?”

“I’m only here to help with this case. Once everything is cleared out, I’m going back to the Bureau.”

“And miss out on all the fun we have around here? That sounds like a waste. What about Alexandra?”

“What about her?”

“She likes you,” Melvin nodded. “She wouldn’t have messed with your head the way she did if that weren’t true.”

“Now you’re being absurd. We don’t trust one another. She did what she did to prove a point, nothing more.”

“It’s never that simple with her and that’s one more reason you should join our ranks after Accardi is brought to justice.”

“You really mean that, huh? Why are you convinced I would be a good fit for this insane asylum of yours?”

“Because you compliment Alexandra’s antics pretty well. That’s not something I can say about many people.”

“I’m sorry, Melvin, but I think you got everything wrong in that head of yours. Ours is a forced partnership that will never become more than that. Now, can we go back to the thermal imaging? How does this help us?”

“So... using the tanker’s horn as a reference as well as the place from where the boat departed, I was able to narrow down the most likely locations in the vicinities where the footage was recorded. My first guess was that Accardi wouldn’t want to be in a place with too many people around him but then it hit me that’s what he probably wanted us to think and that he would use the crowd as a shield, blending their heat signatures together, so I focused my search on those heavily populated areas and that’s when I noticed something was off.”

“What do you mean?”

Melvin fiddled with his keyboard and pulled up a larger-scale model of the docks with the thermal data superimposed on it.

“Tell me what you see.”

Simms approached the screen and squinted, the multiple traces of color hurting his eyes. It was all one big blurry mess except for a couple of areas where the chromatic impressions were either too faint or virtually non-existent. One particular spot to the right was completely black.

“There’s nothing there,” he said.

“Nothing that the satellite can pick up. This section of the map is effectively blocking all IR scanning.”

“I didn’t even know that was possible.”

“There are multiple ways to block infrared light from glass panes to thermal blankets and thick netting like you see in military exercises. If you look at the map, you’ll realize that the area the satellite can’t examine is home to a series of abandoned warehouses from the early days of the docks. Now, there wouldn’t be anything out of the ordinary about this if a sweep with normal light didn’t reveal this...”

The image on the monitor shifted to an aerial view of the multiple warehouses, one of which was covered in overgrown foliage.

“Is that what’s blocking the signal?”

“Yes, but don’t you find it odd that this solitary building is the only one where Nature made such a dent? It’s almost like those leaves aren’t natural at all.”

“Hmm, I don’t know, Melvin... it all seems too convenient if you ask me. This psychopath has been multiple steps ahead of us since the beginning that everything about this feels like...”

“,,, another trap like the one you found under the gym.”

“Exactly. I don’t trust this situation one bit. Imagine we send a team to investigate that area and we find out it’s rigged with explosives. What then?”

“Imagine we do nothing and Accardi keeps laughing at us for our inadequacies. I’m not saying we should move right away but we need to consider the strong possibility that we may not have another chance. If the General is still alive...”

“It almost sounded like you’re convinced he isn’t.”

“He was at the time of the recording but who knows how the situation evolved since then? Accardi has never been one to take hostages. That too may have been a diversion to get Alexandra to do his dirty work for him.”

Simms sat on a heavy chair, fingers interlocked.

“Well, I hate to say it but that would certainly save us a lot of trouble.”

“That story again?”

“I mean it, Melvin. Casualties happen in war all the time. I know the General is well-loved here but what Alexandra is trying to pull off in DC is treason. She’s allowed herself to be played in all of this and now we’re doing the same mistake. If the General were already dead...”

“Things would be a lot worse, believe me. Do you think you know Alexandra when she gets mad? You don’t. What she did for Colonel Gibbons is nothing compared to what she would do if her mentor were to go down like this.”

“Is that what their relationship is all about?”

“Not really. The word ‘mentor’ comes from me as a sign of respect but they’ve been through a lot over the years and he always had her back even when she broke every rule in the book to get things done. No one around here grasps the intricacies of 47-D’s personality better than him, which is why her investment is off-the-scale. While I agree with you that Accardi is counting on part of that emotional response, I suspect she has something else planned she hasn’t told us. We should at least try something on our end to level the playing field.”

“I’m all ears. Do you want to send a team to investigate?”

“Not yet.”

“Then what’s the plan?”

“I’ll fly a drone there to check things out first. We have quite a few fancy stealth models that could use some fieldwork.”

“And you’re qualified to do that as well?”

“Agent Simms, by now you should have realized I’m qualified to do a lot of things around here.”

“You’re right, my apologies. That’s actually a good idea. When can we implement it?”

“I’ll need a few minutes to prepare everything. In the meantime, I suggest you get a team together, nonetheless. We can have it stationed at a reasonable distance, ready to intervene if necessary. If the worst scenario comes to happen and this is a ruse as well, the only thing we’re risking is material and not more lives. Agreed?”

“Yes, let’s do it. Is there any way you can pass this information to Alexandra now or do we leave it at that?”

“She’s probably gone silent but I can try to reach her hotel.”

“Then you better do that before we get started and hope she doesn’t get into additional trouble in Washington.”

“I wouldn’t count on it,” Melvin smirked. She was sure to raise hell no matter what and the only thing he regretted was not being there to see it.

* * *

After leaving her unexpected ride behind, Alexandra entered her hotel room, kicked her shoes away, and sat in the comfy bed, pondering her next move. Everything that Henry told her while they were inside the government vehicle had left her wondering if there could be any hint of truth to it or not. Senator Masters came from a wealthy family who had been involved in some pretty shady dealings in the past but to imagine him being involved with a serial killer in the name of a shadowy political agenda seemed extremely unlikely if not outright impossible. However, Accardi wouldn’t have been able to pull off such an elaborate scheme without proper funding and the money had to come from somewhere. He could have stolen it of course, but it made more sense to have someone else—perhaps even a group of people—conspiring to help him achieve his nefarious goals.

“I’m going to need more than that before I start accusing a US Senator though,” she thought.

Alexandra glanced at her watch. The clock was ticking and she couldn’t afford to dilly dally for long. She got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to take a quick shower. If she were to enter the hospital where the Secretary of Defense was staying with no one realizing it was her, she had to change her appearance drastically.

Alexandra had already taken off all her clothes when the phone in her bedroom rang twice. It was from the reception informing her that her uncle was on the line.

“Uncle, huh?” she smiled. “Oh, Melvin, never change.”

“Hello?” came his voice on the other end of the line. A modulator was being used to mask his natural tones but his demeanor was unmistakable.

“What a surprise, uncle,” she muttered. “I honestly didn’t expect to hear from you so soon. “How are things down there?”

“Looking rather promising, but it’s still too soon to tell for sure.”

“Have you found out where aunt took off this time?” she continued talking in code.

“It’s possible but we’re all worried about you here.”

“There’s nothing to worry about. So far, this trip has proven quite surprising. I even met an old friend on my way here. Is cousin David there with you?”

“Yes. Do you want to talk to him?”

“If you don’t mind. Thank you, uncle.”

“Of course.”

Melvin cleared the line to give David his opportunity to shine. The FBI agent wasn’t looking forward to hearing her voice again but still obliged.

“Cousin Alex...” he muttered under his breath. “What do you wish to talk about?”

“Oh, just checking up on your condition,” Alexandra chuckled. “Are you still feeling a little stiff?”

“I’m not going to answer that.”

“You already did. You really shouldn’t be so hard on yourself. There was nothing you could do to stop what happened and nothing will stop it from happening again either.”

“I don’t think this is the proper time for us to be discussing such matters.”

“Perhaps not, but it’s still fun. You won’t believe who I was just with.”

“Who?”

“Your stepbrother.”

“I haven’t talked to him in a while. How did he look?”

“Surprisingly well considering everything I put him through.”

“I can’t imagine he was thrilled to see you.”

“He wasn’t, yet it happened. Have you changed your mind regarding our aunt?”

“I can’t say that I have but I’ll do my part in getting her back if possible.”

“That’s good to hear but I’m going to ask you to promise me something.”

“What is it?”

“Be careful. You know how poorly these things can go.”

“Yes, I do. Careful is my middle name.”

“And I thought it was hard...”

“Don’t start with that again, please.”

“Okay. Can you call my uncle back?”

“Sure thing. Talk to you soon.”

“Will do.”

“I’m here, Alex,” Melvin said, his distorted mechanical voice grating on her ears.

“How soon can you notify me about aunt’s condition?”

“A little bird should tell us more in a couple of minutes.”

“I see... I hope the bird comes with good news to make all of this worthwhile.”

“We all do. What are you doing?”

“Getting ready to go to the hospital. It’s not a move I want to make, but it still continues to be the best option for now.”

“I understand. Do as you must. I’ll always be here for you no matter what happens.”

“I know, uncle. If I don’t hear from you in the next hour, I’ll assume the worst has come to be.”

“Got it. Good luck, Alex.”

“You too.”

Alexandra hung up and finally hit the shower, the warm water on her bosom and thighs loosening up the last remains of accumulated tension she had carried with her since the airport. The moment she was done, she cleaned herself and started the transformation that was to ensure her safe passage inside the hospital.

She began with a platinum blonde wig and soft make-up to match the new color of her hair. Then she traded her sexy attires for a common nurse’s outfit before completing the ensemble with a pair of comfortable white sneakers. She opted for no hypnotic focuses of any kind, save for a small crescent-shaped medallion around her neck she could easily conceal under the scrubs. When she was happy with the result, she checked herself in the mirror and walked out the bedroom door, ready for whatever came to pass. It was now or never and she refused to believe in the latter.

((to be continued))