The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

This is a story based loosely on a series of pics I posted on the hypnopics group a little while ago. It’s the first one from me for some time. Thanks mainly to Anynom who seems keen for me to write more. He liked it hope you will as well.

The Confidence Trick

By MesmerEyes

There was no way in hell that Russ was going to finish all the jobs Lou had left him. It was Friday and at this rate Russ knew that he would be here all weekend. At least he would if he still wanted a job when the boss got back from Vegas. Vegas, Russ had about as much chance of getting to Vegas as he had of flying without the aid of wings. Russ cursed for the third time in as many minutes as the wrench slid off the bolt and rapped against his knuckles. If he could just get this Camero finished and start on the Oldsmobile at least he would have time for a drink at O’Mally’s before coming back and finishing up. That would leave Saturday to finish the other four jobs and Sunday to take inventory. If he was real quick Russ thought he might even grab a few hours off to hang out with the guys on Sunday evening. Russ always tried to remain positive, but with a boss like Lou it was well near impossible.

Two hours later after test-driving the Camero for a little too long Russ started on the Olds. Three hours later he was opening the door of O’Mally’s Bar. Admittedly he was still wearing his working clothes, his fingers still stained with oil. But he was here and ready to relax with a few cold ones. He’d even finished the Olds, no need to go back to the garage until tomorrow. Russ ordered the first of many sat in his usual chair and watched the world go by.

Russ managed to avoid any real human contact for a couple of hours and the patrons: serious drinkers all respected his space. Well all but one of them did anyway. Claude Ranger was no respecter of anything. In his late fifties and annoyingly drunk he leached on to Russ in the hope of a few free drinks. Russ in no mood to argue and feeling generally mellow bought the guy a drink, then another and another. Until in a drink induced haze they suddenly became best buddies. Everyone knows you have to look after your buddies and true to this idiom Russ found himself supporting the old drunk as they climbed the stairs of a seedy apartment building looking for Claude’s front door. Needless to say more by lick than judgement they found it. In true drunkard style, making as much noise as possible they fell over the threshold in a drunken heap. It was now that Claude found his second wind and as luck would have it an unopened bottle. So as best buddies do they shared it and finished it and while they did Russ listened to what the old man had to say.

“So you were some kind of vaudeville act?”

“I was The Great Santini.”

“So you were like a magician?”

“Not a magician my boy but a hypnotist.”

“A hypnotist.”

“Indeed, A master of the Macabre, The Sultan of Sleep, The...”

“Ok I get the picture.”

“Didn’t pay well I guess.”

“Actually my boy it paid very well.”

“Yeah, right. That’s why you live here, not exactly Beverley Hills is it?”

“Indeed not my boy, Indeed not.”

“So what happened?”

“A woman my boy. An old story.”

“So you fell in love and..... she ditched you?”

“Sadly no. I fell in lust my boy. Pure lust.”

“Oh and she didn’t want to know. Right?”

“Oh she wanted to know all right. After I’d, well you know.”

“Screwed her?”

“No dear boy made her my hypnotic love slave.”

“OK pops, that’s where I get off. We’ve just entered the twilight zone.”

“No really dear boy the power I had was very real.”

“Ok, I’ll buy it. Go on.”

“Her family, very rich. Objected to our liaison. Tried to put a stop to it. Kept her from seeing me. Poor thing wasted away. They had me arrested on some trumped up charge and while I was away........... Well she died of a broken heart. It was all my fault. Could never bring myself to hypnotize anyone ever again.”

“That’s it. No revenge against the family. No death and destruction?”

“None my boy I just sort of wasted away and ended up here and alone.”

“Great story Pops but it would make a lousy script. No happy ending see.”

“It could have a happy ending.”

“Isn’t it a bit late for that. How long she been dead?”

“Not for me boy, for you.”

“Me?”

“Yes you.”

“OK go on then, this should be good for a laugh.”

“I think you have the power, I can feel it.”

“Oh I got the power alright, the power to get up and go home.”

“Don’t jest my boy. I tell the truth. All though you may never come to realise it you do have the power to control. All you need is the focus. ”

“Focus, sure. I suppose women would fall at my feet.”

“Yes, Yes.”

“Sorry old timer, but I have to go home. I’ll leave you with your dreams, but I will say something, you do know how to spin a good yarn.”

“Mark my words, if you believe you can do it. You will. Take this gift, it served me well for many years.”

“Hey this looks valuable, I can’t take this.”

“Please humour a lonely old man. If nothing else the pocket watch does keep very good time.”

Russ hesitated not wanting to take advantage of an old drunk. But Claude would not be denied. He thrust it into Russ’s hand and then pulled away.”

“Tell you what old man. Stop by Lou’s Auto’s anytime you want it back.”

“I will my boy, I will.”

So with his new acquisition tucked firmly in his pocket Russ lumbered drunkenly home to sleep it off ready for work the following day. The moment his head hit the pillow he fell into a deep drunken sleep.

Mornings were not good for Russ and this one considering the previous night was no exception. The alarm clock flew across the room followed by several expletives and Russ, mouth furred up by last nights drink surveyed the dirty overalls at the bottom of the bed and the oily fingerprints on his pillow.

“Shit!!”

Russ stood up and rubbed his head before realising that he was depositing what was left of the oil onto his forehead.

“Shit!!”

Russ kicked the overalls away and walked into the bathroom, he looked expectantly into the mirror.

“Shit!!”

Russ climbed into the shower and with some effort removed all the grime of the previous day from his still aching and hung over body.

He climbed from the shower and went to the mirror again. At least he was clean. He looked at himself appraisingly. Twenty-five dark hair almost black, even without the oil. He grinned. Plenty of women found him attractive. He was witty, intelligent. Well not stupid anyway and pretty soon he’d up and move on from this dead end job and find something better. He pulled his stomach in and slapped it. Not quite a six-pack but not at all flabby. Russ smiled at his own vanity.

“Time to go to work Russ my man, gotta keep Lou in hair gel,”

He laughed again. Then quickly pulling on a pair of clean overalls he left his apartment whistling happily, for some reason he just had a feeling that today was going to be special, real special. It only took him around ten minutes to walk to work and by the time he got there he was fully awake and ready for the daily grind. The first thing he saw outside the garage took his breath away. Russ walked over and managed a weak.

“Hi”

“You are late!!”

The woman stood outside the garage was a vision from heaven with a temper from hell. She was Lou’s sort of girlfriend, although what she saw in that greasy slime ball was any ones guess. Her name was Zdenka. She was Russian or something. Russ didn’t really know. All Russ Knew was that she was the hottest woman he had ever seen and then some.

“Sorry.”

“Wait until I tell, Lou I bet He’ll can your ass.”

Russ didn’t think she’d follow through with the threat. But it did establish his place in their relationship. Right at he bottom.

“What can I do for you Miss?”

“My bike Jerk off, you know what a bike is?”

“What’s wrong with the bike Miss?”

“If I knew that Jerk off, I’d be the fucking mechanic.”

“Sorry I meant what were the symptoms of the fault.”

“It’s not running right, sounds uneven. Poor acceleration.”

“Right OK. Leave it with me and I’ll take a look at it as soon as I finish the other jobs.”

“HELLO! HELLO! Is there anybody in that idiot head? I need it now. NOW!!!”

“But I have jobs to do, Lou left me a list of jobs. I.”

“Stop whining dork. I’ll take care of Lou, besides you have all of tomorrow to finish up here.”

Russ groaned inwardly as he watched his Sunday evening fly away.

“OK, I’ll open up and then take a look.”

Five minutes later Russ was knelt by the side of the bike examining the carburettor. However just like any other man with a pulse he was much more interested in watching the delectable Zdenka as she paced around the garage with her arms folded looking like thunder. She stopped and stood with her back to him looking out of the garage window. Russ drunk in the sight, printing it indelibly on his mind for future daydreams. He started at the top. Her hair was long blonde and it fell in a cascade down her back almost reaching her buttocks and those buttocks, tightly clenched and packed into a set of leathers that she probably had to spray on. He followed on down her long luscious legs and wondered what it would be like to have them wrapped around his back. She was wearing a pair of heels that were totally unsuited to riding a bike. But it did add to the overall effect. Russ shook his head. Barb Wire nothing, this was one woman he would never even dream of calling Babe. Russ dropped a wrench and managed to avert his gaze just as her blue eyes turned and bored into him. It was all Russ could do to concentrate on the job. To himself he whispered.

“Better think about something else son, something very, very unsexy.”

“What was that?”

“Need a six mil socket.”

Zdenka turned away haughtily and stormed in to the office. Russ heard the sound of a kettle boiling. He just knew she wouldn’t offer him one. Russ began to think about the old guy last night. That brought a smile to his face. So he thought he was a great stage hypnotist.

“Yeah right.”

Russ just couldn’t get the old guy out of his mind though, No mean feet considering the woman that was still stood only a few feet away drinking coffee. What was it he’d said? You have the power. You have a real gift. Russ shook his head and smiled.

“What’s so funny?”

“Oh just some guy I met last night.”

“Funny, you don’t look like a queer.”

“Funny.”

“So engine boy does have a tender spot.”

“I gotta get on with this.”

“Sure, go ahead.”

It was Zdenka’s turn to smile. There was no warmth even her smile was malicious. Russ decided to try a little conversation.

“So, you not with Lou this weekend, in Vegas.”

“Oh well spotted.”

“Hey I only asked.”

“That’s why I need the bike dork, I’m supposed to meet him tonight.”

“Right.”

“So you any nearer finding the trouble.”

Russ new that it was just a dirty carburettor and could ha could have the bike back on the road in a few minutes. But for the first time in his life he decided to be a little malicious himself. The haughty bitch deserved a little bit of hassle.

“I’m gonna have to order a part, have it couriered over. It’ll cost.”

“Do it.”

“OK”

“How long?”

“Hour, maybe two.”

“Shit.”

“Make yourself at home. I’ll make the call.”

Boy. Thought Russ, she’s really sulking now. Zdenka moved outside and Russ went into the office and pretended to make the call. He had no idea how he was going to explain the part not turning up. Hell he didn’t need this job anyway. Russ walked outside to find Zdenka.

“It’ll be a couple of hours.”

“Damn, it’ll be dark by the time I get there.”

Russ ignored her and went back inside. He was going to pay for this little bit of subterfuge. Big time. He walked back into the office to make himself a coffee. He even toyed with the idea of offering the ice queen a cup but dismissed it. Russ leant against the desk and let his thoughts wander back to “The Great Santini” Even the name was a joke. Russ felt the old watch in his pocket. He’d brought it in just in case the old guy dropped in sober and asked for it back. He pulled it out and started to swing it from side to side. He looked at a stained playboy calendar on the wall

“Hey Miss September, Want to be my sex slave.”

Russ swung the watch back and forth across the face of the calendar but in his mind Miss September was quickly replaced by the leather clothed vixen outside. Zdenka, there she was staring back at him all glassy eyed and helpless. The voice of the old man echoed in his head.

“You have the Power.”

Russ shook himself and hurriedly put the watch away.”

“Earth to Russ. Earth to Russ.”

But no matter how hard he tried, the sight of Zdenka hypnotized and helpless would not go away and neither would the bloody great erection lifting the leg of his overalls.

Russ gulped down his coffee and went back to work. Fortunately Zdenka was still outside. For a while Russ tried to concentrate on cleaning the carburettor but the watch just seemed to get heavier and heavier in his pocket and it’s ticking seemed to be getting louder and louder. Until to no one in particular Russ finally screamed out.

“OK”

Zdenka popped her head around the garage door. Her practiced sneer still in place.

“You OK Jerk off?”

“Banged my hand. No problem.”

Russ looked away. It would never work. Not in a million years. He was a good mechanic but. Hypnosis. True he had put a couple of his dates to sleep, but that had nothing to do with hypnosis. That had just been boredom mind you he’d certainly woken them up in the end. Russ rubbed his groin and smiled at the memory

“That part should be here by now”

Russ took out the watch. If he was going to try it now was as good a time as any.

“I d don’t think so.”

Russ hadn’t stuttered since childhood.

“You said two hours”

“It’s not been that long. Look.”

Russ held up the watch and let it move slowly from side to side.

“Nice watch dork. But it’s been two hours.”

This was not going to work. What did the old guy say focus. Russ took a deep breath knowing that in a very short time he was going to get a hefty slap and probably a dynamite kick in the area he’d just been rubbing. He concentrated hard and looked straight into her eyes.

“No look closer.”

In spite of herself Zdenka moved forwards a little and leant forward to look at the watch.

“Still two hours dork. Two long hours.”

This was getting silly. Somewhere in the back of his mind he heard the old mans voice egging him on. Suddenly for no reason at all Russ was filled with confidence despite all the signs he really thought he could pull this off. He felt ten feet tall and oozing with confidence. The floodgates opened.

“Two hours Zdenka, are you sure? Maybe it’s longer, much longer, how long have you been looking at the watch Zdenka, how long?”

Zdenka had started at the use of her name. But for some reason she kept watching.”

“You just held it up for me. Just.”

“Are you really sure Zdenka, look closely and tell me how much time has passed, concentrate on the watch Zdenka, concentrate on the watch.”

The watch continued to swing and Zdenka continued to watch. Russ could see her arm tense for the inevitable slap. But even as he tensed to receive it he watched her arm slacken again.

“You see Zdenka the time is not really important, not important at all. You could have been watching the watch for seconds, you could have been watching for hours. The important thing is that you are watching. Don’t you agree Zdenka?”

“Umm I’m confused. Waiting for something. Late”

“Waiting for what Zdenka?”

“I, I ummm I don’t know. What, what are you doing.”

“Oh just passing the time Zdenka, passing the time. Follow the watch Zdenka, follow the watch. Follow the passing of time. You said it was late Zdenka”

“Yes late”

“You are right about that Zdenka, it is very late, very late and you’ve had a long day. What do you do after a long hard day Zdenka?”

“No it’s, it’s early. It’s morning.”

“No Zdenka it’s been a very long day, a very long and tiring day. What do you do after a long hard day Zdenka?”

“Relax”

“That’s right kick back, step out of those shoes, lie down and close your eyes. Feels delicious doesn’t it?”

“Yes”

Russ could see Zdenka was slipping away. That smile had been genuine.

“And what’s the best way to relax Zdenka?”

“Sleep”

“That’s right, sleep. Are you relaxed enough to sleep Zdenka?”

“I think so”

“You’re right to think that Zdenka, in fact you are very relaxed indeed and with each pass of the watch you are getting even more relaxed.”

“Yes relaxed, very relaxed.”

Yes Zdenka you are relaxing at the end of a very long day, a very long day and you need to rest. You need to sleep.”

“Yes sleep.”

“You are going to fall into a deep sleep, a deep, deep sleep. Deeper than ever before.”

“Deep sleep.”

“Yes, deep sleep. But this is a special sleep Zdenka and you want it to be really special don’t you Zdenka?”

“Yes special.”

“Good. In this special sleep Zdenka you will still be able to hear everything I say and because I’ve helped you reach this special deep sleep you will no that you can trust me and listen to what I have to say. You do trust me don’t you Zdenka?”

“Yes. Trust you.”

“Yes you can trust me Zdenka, you know deep down that whatever I tell you to do is for your own good. After all I’m the one that’s sending you to this special sleepy place. You do want to go there don’t you Zdenka?”

“Oh Yes.”

Russ could hear the emotion in that phrase. He could see the way her body was reacting, warming to the situation. Looking forward to reaching his special place.

“I’m going to count to three and after three you will fall into this deep and special sleep. You will still be able to hear me and talk to me. But you will still be in this deep and special sleep. Do you want to enter this special place that I can take you Zdenka?”

“Yes.”

“I’m very glad about that Zdenka. Just one more thing before you can feel safe in your special little place. While you are there you must do whatever I tell you to. You must obey me without question. That’s the only way you will be able o stay there. Do you understand Zdenka?”

“Yes”

While you are there you will be my slave. But you won’t mind that at all will you Zdenka?”

“No.”

“Zdenka what must a slave call her protector?”

“Master”

“That’s right. Good girl.”

Zdenka beamed with gratitude and Russ began the count.

“One, Two, Three.”

Zdenka’s eyes slammed shut and her head fell forward. Russ let the watch fall to his side and looked at the top of her head open mouthed.

“Damn!!”

Russ had just spouted the biggest load of drivel he had ever heard and it had worked. Zdenka was apparently in a deep hypnotic trance. Of course she could be faking it but he just knew that was just not her style. She would never have played along with it especially with the hired help. Russ put the watch safely back into his pocket and did a quick appraising circuit of the entranced Zdenka.

“Goddam you’re hot.”

Russ reached out to touch her but ran out of courage. His fingers hovered less than an inch from her breast he trembled. This was a life defining moment. If she was faking that’s exactly what he would get. Finally he reached up and placed his hand under her chin, he lifted it gently upwards and looked into her relaxed face, eyes closed and breathing deeply. She was so beautiful like this no sneer, no malicious comments just slow even breaths and the hint of a smile. She just looked so peaceful. Russ just stood there almost helpless with desire. Finally he decided to see if she could still hear his voice. Almost in a whisper as if afraid of breaking the spell he spoke.

“Zdenka open your eyes.”

Zdenka opened her eyes and looked at Russ. Russ felt his heart skip a beat.

“OK then let’s see if you can answer some questions.”

“What is your full name?”

“Zdenka Tanya Amasovitch.”

“Right. Where are you from?”

“New York.”

“You were born there?”

“Yes”

“Geez I thought you were Russian. Were your parents Russian”

“No, Romanian”

A smile crossed Russ’s face he’d been dying to know this ever since he first laid eyes on her with Lou.

“Zdenka why do you hang around with Lou.”

“He gives me presents.”

“So you sleep with him for money?”

“Yes”

“So you’re a hooker.”

“No”

“So you sleep with him for money, but you’re not a hooker. What are you then.”

“A gold digger. After his money”

“Right so you want to take Lou for everything you can get.”

“Yes.”

“Nice one that works for me. Zdenka will you do whatever I say?”

“Yes”

“So if I ask you to strip for me you will?”

“Yes”

“OK then. I want you to strip for me. Oh and make it as seductive and sexy as you know how.”

There was a rickety old chair against the wall. Russ sat down for the floorshow. Zdenka from the very start did not disappoint him. Russ watched open mouthed as Zdenka moved her hands up and down her tightly leather clad legs in time with some unknown melody. She played with her ample breasts while leaning forward pouting almost thrusting them into his face as ever so slowly she undid the central zipper. Russ held his breath and watched as with every notch more and more of that luscious body was revealed. After what seemed like an age. The leather jacket hit the floor. No wonder the leatherwear looked so tight. Underneath there was nothing else, she was naked. She swung a leg acrobatically in the air and sat astride the bike, her long legs easily touching the floor. She leant forwards her breasts pressing against the tank. Russ wanted to be that tank. Somehow although it seemed impossible Zdenka slowly removed the leather trousers while still rubbing her breasts up and down the tank. She didn’t even remove the shoes. Russ however was concentrating on the blonde bush between Zdenka’s legs as it rubbed up and down the saddle. She was all but making love to the bike. Russ had had enough he was getting ideas.

“Stop and stay where you are.”

Zdenka did as she was told. Her breasts were just above the tank and her ass was in the air begging for attention. It was his turn to show what was underneath his clothing. Hell working in a garage was hot work. Russ walked over to the bike and sat on behind the naked Zdenka.

“Lift your backside up a little further Zdenka.”

Zdenka complied and Russ who was unbelievably hard worked his way underneath her and lowered her gently onto his throbbing member. That the bike managed to stay upright on the stand for the next few minutes was a miracle. As two naked bodies locked together by passion bucked their way towards mutual satisfaction. Not surprisingly Russ passed the post first. But Zdenka hot and horny was only seconds behind. As Russ lay sweating across her back he couldn’t think of a better way to polish the tank.

Russ climbed off and pulled Zdenka with him. He smiled as he looked at her breasts. In his eagerness to get inside her he had neglected to wash his hands and there, testament to his haste were two oil-smeared tits that would be hell to clean up. He laughed. It was a dirty job but somebody had to do it. The rest of the day was a little predictable. For Russ the novelty of having a sex slave proved more engaging than servicing cars for Lou and after making love all over the garage in any place he could think of they had moved back to his apartment and started all over again there.

In fact it was nearly twelve hours later when Russ Sat up in bed and screamed.

“Shit.”

He shook Zdenka and woke her up from her post-coital slumber.

You need to ring Lou he’s expecting you in Vegas. Tell him you have a virus and for Gods sake make it convincing. Russ needn’t have worried Zdenka had made a living out of being convincing. So with Lou put off and Zdenka still in a very deep trance Russ examined his options.

Having a hypnotized sex slave was great but it did have problems. Zdenka couldn’t make all but the basic decisions for herself. She breathed OK but much more than that was beyond her. Lou was going to get back soon and he would be pissed enough at losing his girlfriend but finding out she was some sort of hypnotized zombie would be a real downer. Russ knew he had to work on that fast. Apart from anything else Lou was going to break both his legs when he found out he’d slept with Zdenka let alone turned her into a slave.

“Zdenka”

“Yes”

“Listen to me”

Zdenka lay there looking at Russ through those hypnotically vacant eyes. He nearly jumped her again there and then. But restraining himself he carried on.

“In a little while I’m going to wake you up from your special sleep but first I’m going to give you some instructions. You won’t remember being hypnotized you will remember leaving your bike at the garage and feeling unwell. You will remember me taking you home and putting you to bed and you will feel very grateful. You will also realise how attractive I am and thinking about me will make you horny. Every time you see me this feeling will get harder and harder to ignore. You will take any opportunity you can to see me. You will never flirt with me and I will always ignore you. This will make you even hotter for me. You will slowly curtail your relationship with Lou and any presents he gives you, you will sell and put the money into an account in my name. You will not remember doing this. Finally when I look you in the eyes and say (Oily Tits) you will once again return to this special place and await my instructions. Do you understand all of this Zdenka?”

“Yes”

Russ had intended to take her straight home but in the end it was Sunday morning before a very tired Russ left Zdenka in her apartment. He only hoped that he’d got it right. For the rest of the day Russ worked his ass off and a little after ten he was back home catching up on some much needed rest.

Russ was puzzled. The old guy was a fraud, a conmen. Yet Zdenka had been at his beck and call for twenty-four hours. That was ridiculous. Russ downed his drink and went home. He never slept a wink. All night he tossed and wondering how in the hell he’d managed to pull of the hypno trick with Zdenka when it had all been a con. But what the hell if it worked it worked.

Over the next couple of weeks Zdenka visited the garage more and more frequently. Lou thought she was coming to see him but every time she got the chance she’d look at him strangely and start to get flustered. And boy did she get a lot of presents there was already five grand in the bank and it was still growing. Russ looked on in poorly disguised amusement. Lou it seemed was resorting to bigger and bigger presents to keep her interested and Zdenka true to my suggestion was just getting cooler and cooler towards him. The poor guy was really smitten and Russ was getting richer by the minute. Then in one of the rare days when Lou was not around Russ took advantage of Zdenka’s regular visit to get an update. The moment she walked through the door he spoke.

“Hey oily tits!”

Zdenka’s facial muscles slackened instantly and her head fell forward. She stood there waiting for me to speak.

“So what’s happening with you and Lou?”

“Lou is desperate to keep me.”

“How desperate?”

“He’s offered to make me a partner in the garage.”

“A partner. Great. How much would your share be worth?”

“Fifty thousand.”

“Right then the moment he signs the papers come straight to my place. I’ll find a buyer and then we can leave old Lou here high and dry.”

“Yes Master.”

Russ figured that with all her jewellery and stuff and the sale of the garage he could clear about eighty grand. That would be plenty enough to skip town and start fresh. With the totally enslaved Zdenka in tow it definitely had it’s upside.

Two days later Zdenka arrived at his apartment carrying a suitcase.

“Hi Zdenka. Nice to see you.”

“I um um.”

I suppose you wonder what you’re doing here with a suitcase. Apart from being horny as hell and wanting to fuck my brains out.

“How did you know is it that obvious”

“Oh it is to me.”

Well it was a gloriously un hypnotized Zdenka that did her best to fuck Russ senseless that evening. Russ left her sleeping and took the deeds. The guys he sold them to were as unsavoury as hell. But Lou deserved it. On the way back to the apartment Russ passed O’Malley’s bar. He walked in half expecting to see the old guy leached on to someone else.

“Hey Tim. That old guy I was with a couple of weeks ago. Has he been in?”

“Why he owe you money?”

“Naw just gave me a bit of good advice. That’s all.”

“That’s a new one, guys an old time con artist.”

“What do you mean con artist?”

“You know sell the empire state building, that sort of thing.”

“Told me he was a famous stage hypnotist.”

“Oh yeah, the one about the hypnotized heiress, true love, death and all that.”

“How did you know?”

“Oh he’s used that before.”

“Before.”

“Bet he gave you a valuable old watch, said you had the power.”

“So the guy was a fraud.”

“Bet you lost your wallet right about then.”

Russ remembered alright so the old guy was a crook a conman.

“Why that...”

“Thought he gave you some good advice.”

Russ smiled.

“Yep I reckon he did.

The barman picked up a dog eared old book and chucked it on to the bar

“Maybe you’d like to see how it ends.”

Russ picked up the book and looked at the title

THE HYPNOTIST & THE HEIRESS

“Shit”

“I guess you won’t be looking to buy him a drink after all.”

Russ smiled and thought of Zdenka who was even now eagerly awaiting his return. He thought of the money he had and the chance to start fresh.

“No Tim I reckon he deserves much more than that.”

Tim smiled as he walked into the apartment. It had been a confidence trick although not in the way the old man had intended. Zdenka smiled up at him. She was ready to fuck again. He felt the watch in his pocket and new he could do it again. He had the confidence and when it came down to it that was no trick at all.