The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: Coercion

AN: This story is intended to be enjoyed as a fantasy by persons over the age of 18—similar actions if undertaken in real life would be deeply unethical and probably illegal. © MoldedMind, 2021.

* * *

The clatter of dishes and plates around them underscored the gentle murmur of subdued conversation that filled the little bistro. It was a warm, cozy ambience, and every time they came back, Janine was glad they did.

It was not only the blanket of sound that swaddled them which made the place comforting. The ambience went beyond the restaurant’s typical soundscape. It was also in the glow of the little candles on each table. It was in the way the chairs were positioned, so close around small tables that your knees practically knocked into those of the person you were sitting with.

All of these things added up to the cozy familiarity of the restaurant’s space. And every time Janine and Cherise came back here for one of their dates, Janine was glad they had. On top of the atmosphere, the food was very good.

The two of them were just finishing their dinner at the moment. Cherise was having an after dinner espresso, and Janine was taking the last few bites out of a piece of cheesecake Cherise hadn’t been interested in trying.

They’d talked quite spiritedly through their appetizers, and the meal itself, but during Cherise’s espresso and Janine’s dessert, the two of them had lapsed into comfortable silence. After so long together, their contented silences were common, and enjoyed by them both.

Cherise took another thoughtful sip of her espresso. Her eyes were on Janine, glinting in the light of the candle that shone out through the jar containing it.

The space between them had felt comfortable and easy the moment before. But Janine felt suddenly that it had changed. Cherise’s eyes looked dark in the candlelight, and there was a heat in them.

It made Janine feel a little flustered.

“Would you like it if I played in your mind tonight?” Now Cherise wore a sly smile; that heated glinting in her eyes dialed itself up a few degrees.

That heat was infectious— Janine found it had spread into her own cheeks. That thread was a thing that only went unspoken for so long; but Janine never knew how long it would be, and Cherise always seemed to bring it back at unexpected times. She had a talent for raising it at the exact moment when it was the last thing on Janine’s mind; when it wasn’t even on her radar.

But the chain of experiences that wove together to make the thread up were potent enough as a whole that they even just an indirect reference to them put this blush back on to Janine’s face.

Janine realized she had not answered Cherise’s question— Cherise was still looking her at the same way.

“I— no, not tonight—” Janine got out. She was wracking her mind to think if Cherise had ever raised this topic in public before. She was drawing a blank.

Cherise put her empty espresso cup back in its saucer, and leaned forward over the table. “Not tonight? Why not tonight?”

Janine felt her blushing intensify.

“Aren’t you in the mood for my influence to wind its way through your thoughts and overtake them? For it to twist your internal world into a state of confusion and disarray, and fill you with that wonderful feeling of drifting peace? If you let yourself drift far enough, you know it will always lead you back to ecstasy filling you… You know I can take you there, if I just apply a little focus to the task… Aren’t you in the mood for that tonight?”

Janine’s cheeks were burning. It was indecent— it wasn’t proper… Even if the words didn’t make sense to any of the tables around theirs, Cherise’s tone was unmistakeable. It was drippingly erotic; clearly, a blatant seduction, full of promises of sex and orgasm… And just that tone had Janine feeling it; she was heating up, led there by Cherise’s carefully cadence of speech.

But it wasn’t appropriate— the tables in the restaurant were close, and the other diners around them could hear, were now privy to this more intimate part of their relationship; were getting a look into their bedroom. Cherise was giving it away— maybe even seemed a little emboldened by the proximity of these strangers.

And yet… there was a spark of something else beneath Janine’s concerns of propriety. Something she only ever felt, or thought about, when Cherise pulled this thread back out again. It was embarrassing, to have this privacy made semi-public; embarrassing to think people around them were seeing Cherise seduce her, embarrassing to think those people knew what was going to happen when the two of them got back home.

But there was a thrill beneath it; maybe like Cherise, part of her was enjoying it more because this was the wrong place and the wrong time.

She wouldn’t let that show, though. She would ignore that illicit thrill, and focus on her surface feelings. That this was embarrassing— that this shouldn’t be happening.

“We shouldn’t be talking about this,” Janine said, dropping her voice low. “It’s not the place.”

Cherise arched an eyebrow. “Why, you’re blushing red, Janine. Are you embarrassed? Are you worried about what the other patrons think of you? Maybe you don’t like the idea of them knowing that I’m going to take you home after dinner— don’t like the idea of them knowing that all I have to do is speak in this way and I can tempt you into giving me anything I want when we get there.”

There were so many lurid promises wrapped up in Cherise’s words. Janine gripped the seat of her chair where Cherise couldn’t see.

“But that’s not even the full story; are you even more worried about what they would think if they knew the full story? That I can make your mind dance for me— or spin for me, like a spinning top on a string, with just one pull? That I can make you think or feel or do anything with just a little influence?”

The heat in Cherise’s eyes had gotten into Janine and spread through her entire body. She was feeling more of that thrill, underneath the surface level embarrassment. She was wishing for Cherise to make good on her threats.

But there was a role for her— she would play it. Cherise like to push things, play in places that weren’t suitable to playing. Sometimes she needed someone to hold her in check, and remind her. Janine could be that person. She didn’t mind it.

“Even if they could understand that,” Janine began evenly, “they shouldn’t have to. They shouldn’t be brought in on that game we play. It’s something intimate between us. Let’s leave it there.”

There was a new light of interest in Cherise’s eyes that Janine didn’t know how to interpret.

“No, I was right the first time,” Cherise said, a note of wonder in her voice. She sounded like she was enjoying herself very much. “You don’t care what they think. Not as much as you hate being noticed. You don’t like to be the spectacle, and while I’m talking this way, I’m drawing the attention of the restaurant to us. To you.”

Cherise was right; Janine didn’t like that Cherise was doing any of this in public, but what felt really bothered her was the feeling of eyes turning to watch them; to watch her. Because she hated the feeling in itself— Cherise was right about that.

Cherise seemed to be convinced of this, too. “If you hate being a spectacle— I can make more of a spectacle of you. I can make it so it has nothing to do with me. You’ll be the one drawing their attention. What about that?

Janine felt her stomach flip. She hated the thought— she was always happiest when she was hiding in the wings, out of sight. She didn’t like being in the spotlight, even when it was for something positive. But she went out of her way to prevent from drawing negative attention to herself— to keep from having attention on her for the wrong reasons.

And yet… knowing that she hated the thought, but knowing at the same time that Cherise could make her do it anyway…

That lower feeling in her grew.

“I wouldn’t like it,” Janine bit back. “We’ve already disrupted other people’s dinners— we don’t need to make it worse. Let’s go, now.”

Janine flagged down their waiter.

“No, I think it’ll be fun. Listen to me now, Janine… listen carefully, like you always do— your defenses are falling down around you. My words are getting past any reservations you might have. When the waiter gets here, you’re going to pick a fight with him, and make a scene. You can’t stop yourself.”

Janine let out an exhalation— she could feel that Cherise’s words had made contact; had burrowed into her mind, and were gripping her now. She would obey, she could feel it— but she wanted to stop it. She didn’t want to make a scene— but Cherise’s influence was making her— she couldn’t stop it, no matter how much she tried to resist…

“Would the two of you like your bill?” The waiter asked, reaching to clear Janine’s plate.

Janine felt it rising in her throat like bile. She tried to fight it, like nausea— tried to keep it from coming out.

It got past her.

“No,” she snapped. “We didn’t want to keep sitting here in front of used dishes. And maybe we wanted something else to eat or drink— not that you would have known if we did, you haven’t been back to check on us for at least a half an hour! You could leave a person to starve to death in that amount of time!”

Her voice was rising of its own accord as the words jumped out of her. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Cherise’s face being slowly taken by a smile.

Inside, she could feel Cherise’s command, with its hooks in her, dragging her through her compliance— forcing it out of her. She was fighting it with everything she had, and she couldn’t

(There were curls of pleasure deep inside her every time she lost the struggle).

The waiter had an affronted look on his face.

“There’s no need to take that tone,” he snapped back. “Or to exaggerate that ridiculously. The two of you had just eaten a three course meal. I never heard of anyone starving to death after eating that much; and I didn’t want to interrupt a pleasant moment. It’s a good thing I’m here now— no one could make the mistake of imagining one of those was unfolding in this particular moment.”

Janine climbed rapidly to her feet— Cherise’s order had taken her completely.

“I’ll speak to you in any manner that I wish!” She shouted, apparently strengthened by her new standing position.

She felt every single pair of eyes in the room watching her. The energy of shock and disapproval was thick enough to hang in the air like smoke. It made Janine want to curl up in shame.

The waiter had not expected Janine to stand and began yelling at him in earnest. He was temporarily shocked speechless.

Janine felt more words rising in her— these ones were insults, some of them particularly cruel.

But before she say any of them, Cherise had stood, too, and wound her arm through Janine’s.

“I left some cash on the table,” she told the waiter, as she stroked the back of Janine’s hand— putting her back into a passive, checked position. “It should cover our bill— and any trouble we’ve given you.”

Cherise stressed the ‘we’ in a way that made it perfectly clear she was only speaking about Janine.

She pulled Janine forward into walking, by the place where their arms were joined. They left the waiter behind them, gawking. They left the restaurant customers behind them, murmuring in shock and disapproval. They left the whole bistro behind, and stepped out in the street to walk to the car.

Since Cherise had removed Janine from the bistro, her command no longer applied— it had loosed her and set her free again. As Cherise opened her car door for her, she looked directly into Janine’s eyes.

“Do you have anything you want to say to me about what just happened in there?”

Words rose up from deep in her, words that had been waiting below the surface— she let them come out.

“I feel intoxicated,” she sighed. “I want you to take me home, and play with my mind and body together. I’ve been craving that since you dropped your voice into that dangerous tone.”

That same dangerous tone was infecting her own voice, now. And there was still more— she let those words come, too.

“The heat burning in me now is impossible to overlook. It’s hot enough to incinerate, and it’s burning at me— burning me away. Your words took complete control of me— they seized me so totally. It was impossible for me to make any choice of my own at all.

When you do that, it always makes the fires burn hotter for me. Some part of me craves it on a deep level, and you gave it to me, and that… that’s a feeling beyond words…”

Janine met Cherise’s eyes, all her words having run out. Cherise was smiling at her in a way that said she planned to give Janine everything she wanted— and maybe some things she didn’t know she wanted yet.

Janine could have gotten lost in the look she was sharing with her, and all those unrealized promises passing between them, at that level quieter than language. She reminded herself to move again, and stepped past Cherise to get in the car.

Their bodies brushed as she went by.

Cherise had a self-satisfied look about her when Janine glanced back.

“I know you feel that way,” she said, lightly. “But I just can’t resist making you admit it every now and again.”

Then she closed the door behind Janine, and got in the car to drive them home.

* * *