The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: Change of Luck

AN: This story is intended to be enjoyed as a fantasy by persons over the age of 18—similar actions if undertaken in real life would be deeply unethical and probably illegal. © MoldedMind, 2021.

* * *

Beth knew it was time for a change. She couldn’t keep on the way she’d been going so far. The stress was getting to her, and the people in her life could see it.

Once, she’d thought she could keep on the same way forever. Working hard by day and observing her routines closely by night. Striving for perfection and propriety in all things, no matter how insignificant.

But she heard it all the time— from neighbors, from coworkers, from friends. The stress was going to catch up to her, they said. She was so tightly wound that it was going to kill her young. She needed to find some way to let loose and lighten up.

Every time she’d heard this she’d laughed them all off. But now she found that… maybe they had been right, all along.

It wasn’t any one thing. It was more a convergence of all things. Everything seemed to have crept up on her when she wasn’t looking, and taken her by surprise. Suddenly, one day, there it was. The weight of the way she lived. The weight that came from keeping high expectations for everyone and everything, including herself. She’d been carrying it all this time, but had never noticed it before. It had never seemed so heavy as it did now— and now she didn’t know if she could carry it even one minute more.

She’d never noticed it at all. And suddenly it was just there. It was unsettling, that something could be so substantial and have at the same time been so long overlooked.

But it was here now, and there was no ignoring it any longer. Beth found herself lying in bed in the morning each day after waking up and just… feeling it. It was so heavy she wasn’t ever quite sure if she’d be able to get up and go to work.

Eventually, she did find the strength each time. But the feeling sat with her all day long— and with each new day, as one followed on from the next. The stress had finally caught her, just as everyone had warned her about.

When, after a week, she found that it had not reduced at all, Beth decided she needed to do something about it. She needed to do something rash and extreme— something carefree and reckless.

That day, at work, she booked herself a plane-ticket and a hotel room: and she used some of her banked vacation time. She had plenty: she’d rarely used any of it. She’d thought of it longingly some mornings as she’d lain in bed struggling to get up— booking herself a few weeks just lie in bed in the hopes that that would make the feeling go away. But she hadn’t actually done it.

The last time she could actually remember using it would have to have been a year or two before when she’d hired a contractor to remodel her kitchen. She’d booked a day off to watch him and his team get to work on their first day on the job, to make sure she was getting her money’s worth.

That was the last time she’d used it. But she was using it now, to take five days off and get away from her life, and from the ever present feeling of stress.

She was going to Vegas. She couldn’t think of a better place to go to be carefree and reckless. It wasn’t like her, but she thought that was probably a good thing. Acting like herself had gotten her into this situation.

As she got closer to her vacation, Beth actually found herself getting exciting for it. She made sure to tell her friends and neighbors— all the actors who’d made up the chorus of warning voices— that she was going, and when she was going, and that when she went, she would finally get some of the rest and relaxation they’d all been advising her to take for months and years.

And of course, she only got more excited as she got closer in time to the departure date. She had a feeling this trip was going to be exactly what she needed.

* * *

When the time came around for Beth to board her flight to Vegas, she found she was almost entirely excited for it.

When she’d started counting down the days after booking the trip, at first she’d felt a blend of excitement and worry. In the early days of the waiting process, she’d been afraid. Afraid that she wouldn’t really be able to relax, and that her stress levels would stay the same. Afraid that going to Vegas was too out-of-character for her, and she wouldn’t be able to enjoy herself there at all.

But by the time of her flight’s boarding, all those fears and doubts that she’d felt at the start of her vacation countdown were gone. She’d finally arrived at a place of only looking forward to her trip— and nothing else. It was a nice place to be.

As she followed the ticket in her hand to her seat, this feeling of excitement shifted and moved aside for another to take its place. When she reached her seat number, she found that the person seated in the place next to her was someone that she actually knew.

“Felix,” Beth said, in surprise.

“Beth,” Felix acknowledged, with his trademark nod.

“What are you doing on this flight?” She asked, as she took her seat.

Felix was someone she knew, but she didn’t know him that well. He was one of the people she worked with, but she wouldn’t even go so far as to say that he was one of her work friends. More like an acquaintance she was friendly with— but he sat only a short distance away from her, and he was on good terms with some of her other work friends, so when she was all together in a group with them, he was often there.

He’d been one of the people in Beth’s audience as she’d discussed her upcoming trip throughout the past few weeks. He’d definitely been in the loop on all her travel details— just because he’d always been around to overhear, either because he was there with their group of mutual friends, or because he was only a few paces away from her desk. Even though Beth hadn’t gone out of her way to keep him informed specifically.

She didn’t have anything against Felix. They’d just never clicked in the same way that she had with the people she considered to be her friends.

But it did seem strange to her that Felix was here now, on the same flight as her. She had talked through the details of her trip many times. It was possible that Felix had been keeping track; she thought she’d even mentioned her seat number once or twice in passing. Maybe he’d booked a spot on this flight specifically because it would be shared with her— maybe he was following her.

It didn’t make him look very good. And it didn’t feel good for Beth. She’d gone out of her way to break free of her normal life, at least for a little while, and now here she was, sitting right next to the person who was about three feet from her desk every day.

“You’re not on this flight because of me, are you?” Beth asked, uncomfortably.

“No, I didn’t follow you onto this flight,” Felix assured her. “You’ve just been talking so much about getting away to Vegas that it started to sound good to me too. It’s just a lucky coincidence we ended up on the same flight, seated next to each other.”

Beth wasn’t sure she believed in coincidences like that, but it was certainly a much more comfortable explanation to accept than the alternative— that he had followed her— so for the time being, she would accept it and say nothing more to Felix.

She clipped her seatbelt into place, and closed her eyes to signal to him that the conversation was over. She would wait for take-off this way, resting her eyes and enjoying the peace and quiet, listening only to the ambient noise of the plane’s cabin as its passengers got settled in for the flight.

She must have fallen asleep after that point, because when Beth became aware a few minutes later, she found that take-off had already happened when she wasn’t paying attention, and they were maintaining a level altitude along a forward trajectory.

The seatbelt sign was off.

“You must have been pretty tired,” Felix commented, as Beth opened her bleary eyes. “You slept right through take-off.”

Beth hadn’t thought she was tired. She’d gotten a good night’s sleep the night before, and been up, fully rested, in plenty of time to get ready and then leave for the airport. But there had been something lulling about the rustling noises of the passengers as they settled in, and it had lured her to sleep all the same.

Those sounds had given way to the hum of the plane’s engine as it flew on, and even now, listening to that humming, she didn’t feel entirely alert.

“You don’t even have to wake all the way up,” Felix pointed out. “You could stay in that half-asleep mindset. It’s more restful just to listen to my voice.”

Beth found this was true. She listened, feeling restful with her eyes closed again as Felix’s words washed over her.

He was finding things in her— things she had forgotten about herself, or maybe things that she had never known to begin with. He was finding those things and teasing them out, putting them together and making her think of them. All the things that she repressed— traits that seemed to be the complete opposite of the ones she possessed. Boldness where she was meek, risk-taking where she was so careful— so many traits that, if Beth had been properly awake, she would have objected to or criticized.

But she was in a kind of drifting in-between state, held there by Felix’s words— and she realized that all these traits belonged to someone. Someone else, not her— Felix was describing… Betty.

Beth grew more confused as Felix went on speaking— there was so much information about Betty coming in now, and Beth was taking Felix’s word for it that he was describing Betty honestly, even though Beth had never met her. But there were so many descriptions… Beth wasn’t sure if Felix was describing her or Betty anymore… wasn’t sure if she were herself or Betty, anymore.

Felix went on speaking— he was clarifying the confusion for her. She was Betty, or she was going to be. There was nothing Betty liked more than to enjoy herself however she could do it… and she really knew how to let loose and have a good time in a way that Beth could only dream of. She was going to live it up in Vegas like she was making hedonism an art form— she was going to make the most of her trip, living entirely in the moment, never looking behind herself or ahead.

She was going to be Betty, and she was going to enjoy it— she already was Betty now, and she was already enjoying herself, because Betty enjoyed being herself. And she was Betty: so that meant she was enjoying herself right now.

The realization dawned on her. She was Betty. She was Betty, and she couldn’t wait to make the most of her time in Vegas. She was eager to get off the plane and start living fast.

When the flight’s passengers all started disembarking, Betty rushed from the plane without so much as a glance back. Felix and his presence throughout the flight was completely forgotten to her, left behind in her wake without another thought.

She made it through the airport in record time, eager to live, and experience more than just what was within the walls of the airport. Betty made it to the arrivals section, passed her flight’s baggage carousel, and stopped only briefly when the image of a specific bag caught in her mind. Something about it was familiar— a plain gray and white checkered pattern— she thought it might have been hers. Or it might have belonged to some other version of her— to Beth— but that plain gray pattern looked like a bore to her. If that was the wrapping, the contents had to be even more boring.

She left the bag behind her on the carousel, and continued on her way out of the airport without it.

She had a date with the city, and it was time for her to meet it.

Once she was outside, she happened to catch a glimpse of herself in the reflection off the glass panneling of the airport’s exterior.

She realized she looked as boring as the luggage she’d left behind. This style didn’t suit her at all, and did nothing to express her joie-de-vivre. The first thing she had to do, before she even thought about more entertaining pursuits, was to get herself an appropriate set of clothes for her new outlook on life.

As she got into a cab, and told the driver to take her to the nearest clothing store, she saw herself in the cab window again and stared for a few seconds.

Had the past version of herself really been so drab, and colorless? Had she really lived such a boring existence that this was the only style that spoke to her; that this was the only visual expression she had to offer the world?

Betty couldn’t understand it all.

When the cab came to a stop outside a nice, upscale looking establishment, Betty was relieved to find that her purse, complete with wallet, had made it off the plane with her. She paid the cab driver with a fistful of bills that was probably too much even for a generous tip, but she didn’t care.

She was eager to get into new clothes— and she didn’t have anything to worry about. She remembered how carefully her other self had worked; remembered Beth meticulously saving up in preparation for this trip. As much of a bore as that girl was, Betty at least had to give her credit for that. Thanks to her, she had money now, and plenty of it. So she could throw a little too much at the driver without a second thought. She had plenty more where that came from.

When Betty crossed the threshold of the store, she was even more excited to be there than she had been when the cab had pulled up outside the door. These looked like her kinds of clothes— they looked like the kind of visual expression she wanted to give the world. An expression that would shout, “I’m here, and I’m ready.”

There were pieces in all kinds of eye-catching colors and tasteful fabrics that felt wonderful against her skin when Betty touched them on the hanger.

Betty made the most of the experience, at last letting herself take her time now that she was doing something she actually wanted to. She was having a good time now, among all these beautiful things. She was in no rush to leave.

While there were many clothes in vibrant colors, some of them even bordering on neon, Betty chose instead pieces that were colorful, but more muted. Tastefully colorful, she thought. Just because life was here, and meant for the enjoying didn’t mean she had to paint herself in garish colors. She appreciated the sight of them on the rack— they made her feel welcome, and they were part of this experience that she was eager to live out, but she didn’t want them. They couldn’t quite speak to the way she was feeling inside.

It was the pieces that were in jewel tones that spoke to Betty; less overtly eye-catching, but beautiful if you paid attention to them. After all, she was here to experience, not to be the experience herself; not to be the center of attention and draw all eyes.

But in clothes like these, she’d be a worthy participant, she couldn’t help but think with a certain amount of pride.

She chose dresses; she chose tops; she chose skirts. Each one was well-tailored to her body, but not too tight. The lines of each piece were complimentary to her form, but did not reveal every secret of it.

She bought many different pieces. She was going to be here in Vegas for a few days, and she’d left her old, boring clothes behind. She needed a new wardrobe; and, remembering her surplus of money, she knew she was free to buy each and every piece that she liked.

She didn’t stop at just buying clothes, either. She made sure to stock up on footwear too; boots in different styles to go with different outfits.

She bought all that— and had still barely made any dent in her funds.

The outfit she chose to wear out of the store— the outfit which would be with her as she enjoyed her first night in Vegas— was a dress the color of deep sapphire. It had a square neckline that didn’t cut very low, so it didn’t reveal much of her cleavage, but the lines of the dress were impeccably well-tailored, so even though the dress was not overtly flaunting her goods, it still had her coming off as very beautiful… even attractive. If someone took the time to look her over, and appreciate her.

Betty thought it might be her favorite dress in the entire haul— it was the perfect outfit for that night.

She’d also paired the dress with a pair of navy boots that were only a few shades removed from the color of the dress itself. They were a little darker; but they actually matched it pretty well.

The boots came most of the way up her calves; boots that were less tall were better with this dress, because the skirt came down three quarters of the way on Betty’s upper leg, resting just a quarter of the way above her knee.

Betty thought this was a flattering length when paired with her calf-height boots. Just a little flash of her skin above the knee— the rest either beneath the skirt or behind the boots. Flirtatious, tasteful… but not overt.

Finally dressed in a way that actually made her feel good, and with plenty of other clothes to last her the duration of her trip, Betty thanked the store clerk and made her way back out onto the streets of the city.

She’d booked a hotel— or, rather, Beth had booked a hotel— in the heart of the Strip, so the next step was to make her way there. She had the reservation confirmation printed out and sitting in her purse. Beth had been very good about getting all her documents in order, and in the order that she’d need to use them.

Betty hailed down another cab, and was grateful to have caught the attention of one so quickly. She had a lot of bags to carry in her arms, and it would have been frustrating, not to mention uncomfortable, to have to stand there holding them and wait.

Once the cab stopped for her, she dumped all her bags into the backseat and practically fell in on top of them. She couldn’t be bothered to load them all into the trunk. She was eager to go and get on with her night; she didn’t want to delay that for anything.

The cab ride passed quickly enough; and check-in was similarly easy. Betty was in her room about fifteen minutes later, and dumping her full shopping bags on her hotel room floor.

She checked herself briefly in the mirror to make sure the dress fit as well in front of a neutral mirror as it had in front of the changing room mirror. It did; and this was definitely the piece she wanted to be wearing tonight when she had her fun.

She made sure to take her purse with her— she’d be needing more of her money that night for sure.

The hotel that had been booked for her by Beth connected to a casino directly through its lobby. That had been part of the reason Beth had chosen it— but Betty remembered that Beth had booked it and felt nervous about it. She hadn’t been sure if she’d actually be able to go through with gambling.

Betty could laugh at that other girl now, as she made her way back to the lobby by way of the elevator. Coming to Vegas without gambling! But Beth would have done it— Betty could see it. Beth would have orbited the casino, would have looked in through its arches with a mixture of longing and fear, and she would have hovered around its periphery like a phantom, but she never would have gotten up the nerve to go in and gamble herself.

This wouldn’t be Betty’s struggle. Betty was going to gamble, and she was going to do lots of it. It was a good thing that Beth was gone, and that she was the only one here. All that money Beth had worked so hard to save so that she could spend it in a frenzy would have hardly been used, if Betty hadn’t come on the scene to use it.

Unlike Beth, when Betty reached the lobby, she passed through the casino’s entrance without any hesitation.

There were so many options when she entered that she wasn’t quite sure where to start. She wanted to try as many things as she could.

There was also a low cloud of cigarette smoke that seemed to permeate the room. Beth, who tended to be pretty obsessed about healthy living, would have been horrified if she ever had made it into the casino. But Betty wasn’t bothered at all. Clearly smoking was a thing other people enjoyed— and even enjoyed while they were gambling. Maybe it enhanced the experience for them. There had to be a reason for that. Maybe she would like it too.

Come to think of it, she’d never even tried a cigarette herself. Beth never would have let something like that into her body; and Betty had only been in control for a few hours. There was so much that Betty hadn’t had time to try yet.

There was a man standing by a row of slot machines only a few steps away, smoking a cigarette and contributing to the overall cloud of smoke that hung in the room. Feeling the rush of confidence and anticipation that was typical for her, Betty stepped closer to this man, and asked if he would give her a cigarette.

He gave her one, and lit it for her too. She raised it to her lips and took an inhale from it. Again she thought, with a twist of her lips that formed a smile, of how Beth would panic if she knew what Betty was doing— if she could only see her now. But she herself had no judgements about it, no fears. If smoking was something she liked, she would do more of it. For now, she was just trying it out to see what she thought of it.

The way Beth had lived— keeping herself back from all kinds of experiences, and avoiding anything that seemed like it could be risky as a result— was no way to live at all. If you lived that way, you missed out on so many things, and never even realized what you were missing. It was no way to live, and Betty wasn’t going to have anything to do with it.

Betty continued smoking her cigarette, focusing on the way it felt to do it. She was in deep concentration— trying her best to savor the experience while also observing her own reactions to it, to see how it really made her feel, and if she really liked it.

The man who’d given her the cigarette came and went, and many other people passed by her, but Betty’s focus stayed with her task. She was going to be completely present with this cigarette as long there was some of it left to smoke.

Betty came to the end of her cigarette, and found there was only a butt left of it. She next sought an ashtray in which to discard it. She moved in the direction of the casino’s bar, and found what she was looking for on one of the bar’s unused tables.

She was thoughtful as she flicked her cigarette butt into the ashtray. She had no particular craving to try a second cigarette. It had been interesting to try once, but though she had tried to enjoy it, it really hadn’t done anything for her. There was no point in doing it anymore. If other people could enjoy it, good for them— but she apparently couldn’t. She wouldn’t waste anymore time with it. Not when there were plenty of other things she could be doing that she would enjoy.

Since Betty was already in the bar’s section of the casino, she got herself a drink to take with her. She ordered a properly mixed drink, and one with a higher alcohol content— Beth never would have done that either. If Beth drank any kind of alcohol, it was wine; and only in moderation, and only on occasion.

Betty was no more interested in becoming a drinker than she had been in becoming a smoker, but it was one more new thing to try, and from the few sips she was able to sneak as she walked back to the casino’s floor, she was able to form the opinion that the drink was enjoyable enough. But it was like the cigarette— passable, but it didn’t grab her. She could probably go the entire night with just this one drink by her side, taking sips here and there, and she wouldn’t mind at all.

Once she was back on the casino floor, Betty decided to pass the slot machines by for the time being, and headed over to one of the card tables. Something else new— something Beth would never have done, as well. The thought of gambling at all would have so stressed her that Betty really believed Beth would never have even made it into the casino.

But even if she had somehow overcome her nerves, Beth likely never would have made it to one of the betting tables. She might have been able to manage one of the slot machines. But high stakes card games were not Beth’s scene, and no amount of psyching herself up would have changed that. They felt like a natural fit to Betty, though.

She took a seat at one of the table’s stools, and listened as the dealer explained the game to her. And she watched as he dealt a hand in demonstration, explaining some basic moves and showing her the corresponding cards needed to make them. Betty was eager, but she had still never gambled before.

She listened carefully to each instruction given— watched each card as it was shown to her, and made a mental note of it— and found that this was giving her a hit of something that neither the cigarette nor the alcohol had provided.

She wasn’t even playing yet, but even thinking about playing, according to the rules the dealer was explaining, seemed to make her skin buzz in anticipation. It gave her more of a high than anything else she’d ever tried— but then, she only had a few hours of consciousness to compare to.

But she had Beth’s memories too. And even though they weren’t hers, and she felt alienated from them, she felt pretty confident in saying that Beth had never felt anything like this in her life, either.

By the time the dealer had finished explaining the game, some other players had joined Betty at the table, and the game began. That high she’d thought she was feeling before was nothing compared to the way she felt when she was actually playing. It was like her entire body had been lit up by electricity; if this was the way the smokers felt each time they took a drag, or if this was the way drinkers felt when they took a sip, Betty couldn’t blame either group for indulging to excess.

When the game started, Betty was only making modest bets. Partly because she still wasn’t entirely sure of the game, and partly because it was clear to her that the other players had experience that she herself did not. But as the game went on, and Betty’s winning rounds started to outnumber her losing rounds, she found herself craving higher stakes— she needed a table for high rollers; with higher betting limits.

She went out at the end of the round, leaving the other players to carry on the game without her for as many rounds as they would; and found herself a better table, with much higher bets per round.

She felt more at home there, even though the game had only just started. She made bets each round that would have made Beth dizzy with nausea if she had known about them. But Betty made those bets without batting an eye— and even on rounds where she lost everything, it didn’t disturb her in the least. Whether she won or lost, there was no comparison to the way it felt just to place the bet. To place the bet, not knowing if it was a winner or a loser, and especially when she knew that so much was at stake— it was indescribably good, and she couldn’t imagine wanting to stop; couldn’t imagine walking away from the table.

Besides, even for all her losses, she still hadn’t made a dent in Beth’s vacation fund. One thing that could be said for that other girl was that she was a hard worker, and a scrimper too— there was plenty more to make up for that night’s losses. Especially when Betty’s winnings always came back around and offset them, too.

Some of the other players came and went from the table. Betty stayed there, played whoever came, getting into intense betting wars with some of them, betting enough that even at the high stakes table, eyebrows were raised. Betting specifically against other players, driving their bets up— or letting her own bets be driven up in response to bets that seemed to be specific challenges to her.

Players came and went, and Betty stayed; but she noticed when a specific player joined her at the table, taking the seat beside her, and taking up the game.

He was a stranger to her, like the rest of them; but he was attractive in a way that would have made Beth shrink away in shame; so attractive that Beth never would have believed she had any chance with him.

But Betty knew how she was looking that night, in her sapphire dress and her boots. And she knew she was glowing from the buzz the gambling gave her— it seemed to her like he would be lucky to have a chance with her, and not the other way around.

She played off him a little differently than the others— giving him flirtatious banter which, as the game went on, became more and more suggestive. Never so suggestive as to be crude— but suggestive enough to make it clear to him that she wanted him.

Beth had been with her share of guys— but all of them had been as drab as her. None of them were like this guy. And to Betty’s thrill, he responded to her flirting, and flirted back.

The heat that came from passing implications back and forth between the two of them rose in temperature as the game went on. It went on to the point that the bets themselves, the cards themselves were only incidental, and most of Betty’s focus was on her interactions with this man as the game continued, partly forgotten.

He seemed to be heating up too— and when a mutual point had been reached where both of them seemed to feel they couldn’t wait any longer, they both exited the game with their winnings forgotten and crossed the game floor to the restrooms— no words of conversation were exchanged about it, but they ducked into the men’s restroom, and then into one of the stalls, and kissed.

They kissed— he kissed her up against the side of the stall, with real intensity, which she matched. She fumbled with his belt and got it open— then got him most of the way to an orgasm with some deft shifting of her hand around his cock.

This felt like being alive too— as electrifying as the high stakes bets at the card table. Her blood was running hot in her body; and she was loving every part of this experience. She loved that she had spent the last hour flirting with this man, and she still didn’t know anything about him— she still didn’t even know his name, and he still didn’t know hers. She loved that they could leave here after this, and go their separate ways and never see each other again. It all made it so much more exciting; it was making her feel even hotter as they carried on.

She brought him to the point of orgasm, but he stopped her before she sent him over the edge, instead shucking up her skirt to slide himself home inside her, and taking up a punishing pace.

This was better than her idea, she had to admit. She’d already been dripping, and it felt so satisfying to have thickness sliding into her and easing that aching craving she’d been feeling before. She moved eagerly with him, and the two of them worked toward their orgasms together.

When he came in her, Betty twitched in orgasm too, with only a half-thought of the bottle of birth control pills in her purse, and the one she’d taken that morning before leaving for her flight.

Both satisfied, they pulled apart. And then she and the man parted ways with no commentary, the way that Betty had imagined they might. Once they’d left the restroom together, he went one way, and Betty went the other, to step into the woman’s restroom to check that she was still presentable.

She was— but the night was getting late. And especially after that eager fucking she’d just shared with that stranger, she was tired out.

She crossed the casino floor once more, this time to exit back into the lobby. Then she rode the elevator back up to her room.

When she got there, she undressed herself, but didn’t bother putting on any sleepwear. She’d gotten a few pieces at the store earlier that were part lingerie and part sleepwear, but she was too worn out to make it into them. Instead, she took one of the complimentary robes provided by the hotel and wrapped herself in it before collapsing into the very soft and very comfortable bed.

She barely had time to take note of just how comfortable the bed was— as soon as she was lost beneath soft, plush duvets and thick plump pillows, she was as good as asleep. It only took her a few seconds, and then her awareness was already streaking away into unconsciousness.

* * *

Betty woke up the next morning eager to get moving. She changed into a new outfit for a new day; this time a shorter skirt and taller boots, paired with a complimentary top.

The skirt was made of a shimmering silver fabric, which the boots matched. The top was simple and white, to keep all the focus on the lower part of the outfit. It did pop next to that silver, though. Once again, Betty very much approved of the way she was dressed. Betty left her room with purse in hand, and locked the door behind.

She decided that, that day, she wanted to get out of the hotel and do something different. She didn’t want to go back to the casino— she’d already spent most of the previous day there. That was how she liked to live: constantly doing new things, looking for new experiences, and new sources of excitement. She’d gotten just about everything out of the hotel casino the day before— she wanted something different now.

Betty took the elevator down to the lobby, and exited through the hotel doors to step outside. She walked for awhile, then took a walk down Fremont street. She walked, not knowing what she was looking for.

But eventually she passed a building that drew her attention— she couldn’t tell exactly what kind of building it was, but it looked like a club. Or a party headquarters, party central kind of spot. It was clear just from looking at the building’s exterior and the colors shining out of its windows. There were a lot of people in there, and they were all probably having the time of their lives. And so Betty knew that this was exactly the place that she wanted to be. Betty loved excitement— loved parties, so if there was a party, then she wanted to be there.

Betty entered without anyone stopping her or asking her to pay her way. Inside, the music was loud; all the people there, strangers, were dancing hard under the colorful flashing lights she’d seen through the windows.

There was a bar over in one of the corners of the room— there were also some tables, and couches around the room’s edges, and there were some staff moving through the party offering trays of food. As parties went, Betty approved: catered food, so you didn’t even have to place an order, and didn’t have to wait to be served — what looked like an open bar, loud music playing, and that dance floor in the center of the room, where all those strangers were dancing.

Betty threw herself into the heart of the party; dancing was such a primal physical thing to do, which made it something that Betty wanted to be a part of. It felt like the most natural thing in the world for Betty to join the crowd and dance with them.

She felt like she was dancing with them— dancing with the whole crowd, instead of any one individual partner. Sometimes she was dancing with a man— sometimes she danced her way into a group of dancers, and all of them were dancing together— sometimes she was dancing by herself.

It didn’t matter— the music changed, the lights changed, but Betty’s feelings of exhilaration and excitement did not change. It was fun to dance with total abandonment in this way, to just let her body move in time with the music like it was controlling her. Beth never would have been able to dance this way— she was an awkward dancer, and she hardly ever danced at all. But Betty was good dancer— good at completely giving herself over to the music, and letting it flow through her body, the way she was doing now.

She had ended up dancing with a man again, somehow. Somewhere in the blur of the past few songs, he’d taken the place of the person she’d been dancing with before. Betty thought it had been a girl briefly— before that it had been a group of people.

But now it was a man again, and Betty liked that. He was an attractive man, maybe even better than the man she’d picked up the night before— Betty liked the look of him. She wanted to get closer to him, and as she danced closer to close the distance, she made sure to maintain eye contact with him.

He looked surprised by this move, but pleased. She danced more suggestively, encouraged by his welcoming look. She grinded her body onto his, and below the din of the party, she heard him speak: “Is this what you do? Do you take money in exchange for… that? Are you an escort?”

Betty wasn’t offended that he’d asked, nor was she surprised that he’d thought so. She couldn’t blame him. He was a complete stranger— yet another man whose name she hadn’t bothered to learn— and she was dancing in a truly suggestive way. There were certainly very few girls who would be this suggestive in a first dance with a stranger, and Beth certainly hadn’t been one of them.

But Betty didn’t want to correct him— it was fun that he thought she was an escort, and Betty found she wanted to play the part. The idea of playing along with his misconception was thrilling to her. “Yes,” she told him, making her voice husky. “I’ll do more than just dance with you if you take me somewhere else, and pay me for my time.”

The man flushed, but he’d clearly been enjoying Betty’s dancing show. “You’ve got it,” he said. “Come with me back to my hotel,” he encouraged, and took her by the hand to lead her out of the club.

Betty went back with him. She barely waited for them to get into the cab before she was kissing him on the mouth, and pressing her body against his. The ride streaked away in a blur of kissing and grinding, and when the car stopped, the man paid the cab driver as almost an after-thought. Then he rushed the two of them back up to his room, still pulling Betty by the hand.

The sex was good— all that excitement from dancing had translated to arousal for Betty, and she worked it out with the man; in such a rush to get into that she didn’t even fully undress.

He was an equally active, and an equally eager participant, and it was mutually satisfying for both of them. For Betty half the thrill was in having made a spontaneous decision that had led her here.

How fun it was to live this easily— to pursue what she wanted when she wanted it, take it when it was offered to her, and try everything new that her old self used to be too nervous to even try. There were so many things she’d done on this trip already that Beth would never have been able to do— but that was what made Betty better than Beth. She did what she wanted, when she wanted to, and for as long as she wished. She liked it better this way. It was just so pleasant to be free of all those old routines and rules. It definitely felt better to do exactly what she wanted. And if she wanted to pretend to be an escort, and sleep with another stranger for the second time in two days, then she would do exactly that.

At the end of it, the man asked Betty for her price, and she thought of a number that seemed just a little too high. But she asked for it anyway, and the man paid her that full amount in cash. Then she smoothed her clothes back into place again, and left. She made her way back down the hall from his room with no sense of guilt about it all.

* * *

When Betty got back to her hotel room, she found she was ready to go to sleep. She took the time to put on one of her slinky nightgowns this time— though she wasn’t quite as exhausted as she had been the night before. She was getting better at this lifestyle of constant enjoyment and experiencing. The first day there, it had been newer to her; and she’d tired from it much more quickly than was happening today.

The nightgown was made of very soft material that was a delight in itself— and as she tucked herself back into her bed, she was better able to appreciate the comfortableness of the bed. The mattress was soft and cushy, and yet still supportive and firm. It was the perfect blend of the two.

And the covers where plush and full and plump. She felt as if she could hide in them— or maybe get lost in them, there was so much material to them. They were soft, and pleasant against her skin, when it showed beneath her nightgown.

And the pillows were thick and rounded out perfectly. She kept one beneath her head, but pulled one up along her body to embrace.

It took a little longer for her to fall asleep that second night, because she wasn’t as tired as the night before, but she didn’t mind the delay. She rolled around and sprawled out across the entire bed, enjoying it from every position she ended up in, and when at last she fell asleep, it was with a sense of total satisfaction.

* * *

She had a few more days in Vegas until her flight home— these days all went by in a similar blur.

On the third day, she decided she felt like revisiting the casino again, to try her luck on the slots for awhile. This she enjoyed, but not as much as she had enjoyed playing at the tables the first night. Still, she was ready to give the slots a fair chance. She spent about half-an-hour moving between different machines to see if any particular one would catch her, and give her that electric feeling back again.

None did, so when that half-hour was over, she went back to play the tables again.

Most of that day went this way; she moved from table to table, trying other card games that she hadn’t gotten to yet. This gave her the same feeling as on her last casino; the feeling that each moment was magic, each breath was precious, and she was really here, experiencing every part of this. Time slowed down, each moment so full of meaning, which gave her an even better opportunity to enjoy herself.

But as the day went on, Betty felt a similar frisson of pleasure as the night before. The thrill of winning, or losing; the thrill, really, in risking it all gave her such a shock of excitement that it was kind of a turn on for her. On that third day, though, she was happy just to feel the pleasure for its own sake instead of wanting to find another sexual partner for the night to express it with. She went to bed alone that night, and was fine with that decision.

Over the course of the next few days after that, Betty ventured beyond the hotel again. She tried some of the other casinos close by. She stopped in to try some of the restaurants that were around.

There was betting, and lots of it— winning, and losing, and crazy risks that almost made her want to pull her hair out with the stress of them; and yet they made her feel livelier than ever each time they were taken. Betty went on spending freely as she had been doing all throughout the trip, and still did not come to the end of her funds.

There were other hookups, too— wonderful pleasure and satisfying heights of ecstasy that always ended with her leaving the men behind her or sending them away.

She went to a few shows, too, when they were convenient— and went shopping once or twice more to round out her wardrobe. And then to get a new suitcase, more according to her new style. She’d been happy to leave her old bag behind in the Vegas airport, but there was no way she was leaving her new clothes behind her here. She wanted to keep them with her, wear them always. She was never going back to that old style. She didn’t even think that Beth was ever going to resurface again. It seemed like she was here to stay, as Betty. Which was just how she liked it.

On her fifth day there, Betty spent a few hours in her hotel casino gambling again. As she played, she found that once again it was turning her on. And unlike some of the other nights on her trip, this time she wanted to do something with this feeling.

But there was no obvious candidate for a quick hook-up; no man who was exactly her type showed himself, joining into one of her games in progress. She’d been lucky enough for that to happen once, on her first night— it would probably be stretching her luck to expect the same thing to happen a second time. And there was no point in stretching her luck when she’d been saving up her luck for games of chance.

Betty retreated from her most recent game with her winnings cashed out, and in her purse, in order to hang around the bar once more. She ordered one drink— her first of the day— just to have something to sip at slowly while she kept an eye out for a suitable guy she could get it on with.

She made conversation with the people who came and went— eventually did find a man who interested her, and who seemed interested in her.

She’d been ready to ask him back up to her room— but as she’d reached into her purse to retrieve some money to cover her drink, she happened to see the corner of her plane ticket.

On impulse, she pulled it into her view— and was surprised to see the date of her flight was today.

She’d been having so much fun in the course of the past few days of her trip. So much fun, in fact, that she had apparently reached the last day of her trip almost without noticing. But today was the last day of her trip— her flight home was leaving in an hour, she wasn’t anywhere close to the airport— and she was still feeling turned on and eager to sleep with this guy.

Betty let her ticket fall back into her purse. She’d been hoping to take this man to bed. But now, it was looking like she would have to cut this short and abandon those hopes. She was going to have rush back up to her room, and grab her suitcase, and leave right away.

Betty looked at the time again, weighing her options. She’d really been hoping to have sex with him— but she had a little time… she could risk being just a few minutes later… she could probably still fit it in… and she might actually be able to get something out of it besides sex.

She leaned in closer to the guy. “If I did something for you, would you do something for me?”

The man’s eyes widened. “What do you need?”

“I need a ride to the airport in about ten minutes. But I can think of lots of things we could do in those ten minutes… and if we did them, would you take me to the airport at the end of that time?”

The man look flustered— but very interested. Betty leaned closer to him, stroking along his arm with her hand, waiting— hoping that he would say yes. “We can do anything you like,” she emphasized, in a half-whisper— and that seemed to seal the deal. The man nodded eagerly.

It was one more stumble into a bathroom stall— there wasn’t time to go anywhere else. Betty got the man’s pants down, and worked him quickly with her hand as she bared her breasts to him.

He felt her up, as she felt him up, working her breasts with his hands as she worked his cock with her hand. They didn’t have a lot of time— but this was exactly the contact that she’d been craving.

She fit sloppy kisses in between the rest of their touches, and worked him more quickly with her hand as he squeezed her harder. She was getting so wet, and she begged him to finger her. It felt like heaven when he did, felt so good to have him stroking through her slickness, and she used all of that feeling to fuel the movements of her own hand.

When she felt that he was at his breaking point, she worked him harder, sending his ejaculate in a spray at the stall door.

When they were both finished, Betty checked the time. They’d come in just under target— they’d finished in nine minutes.

“Alright now,” Betty said, smoothing her clothes into place. “Will you take me to the airport?”

“Of course I will,” the man said, and the two of them rushed from the bathroom of the casino, leaving the mess they’d made behind in the stall for some poor custodian to deal with later.

As it turned out, the man had his own car. He told Betty he was going to get it and bring it back to pick her up out front. That left Betty exactly enough time to get her stuff out of her room, and return her room key to the front desk for a speedy checkout. When Betty made it out to the sidewalk, with suitcase in tow, it was just in time to see her ride pull up for her.

The man jumped out of the car, took Betty’s suitcase for her, and loaded it into his trunk. Then he helped her into his car, and closed the door behind her before getting behind the wheel.

It was a quick ride through the city, and they didn’t talk much. And when Betty was out at the other end of that ride, she said a rushed goodbye, and gave the man her rushed thanks— then grabbed her luggage and rushed into the airport terminal.

She checked her luggage with equal speed, and next rushed through security in a blur, then found herself running across the airport.

She made her gate just as the flight attendant was making the last call for any passengers not yet on board— she was the last such passenger, and made it through the doors just before the flight attendant closed them up behind her, and made it down the walkway and onto the plane before the onboard flight attendant shut the cabin doors.

Every seat was full, except for the one that was hers. It was easy to spot, since it was the only one left vacant.

With a flush of relief at having made it, and feeling flushed from running across the airport, Betty collapsed into her seat— she found that Felix had been seated next to her again. She didn’t really know Felix— she didn’t even know him as well as Beth knew him. She had never interacted with him while she’d been her new self. He’d been around in her first moments of consciousness, but she’d been so quick to rush off the plane that he’d barely made an impression on her. And in the rush of excitement and joyful living, the thought of him had not once crossed her mind in the course of the past five days.

Betty did remember that he had done something to her… or he’d done something to Beth, made Beth into the girl she’d since become. The only thing Betty really felt about him now was a vague fear— if he had the power to turn Beth into her, he might have the power to turn her into Beth— and so turn her back into that boring nobody she’d been so happy to escape being.

Felix looked like he didn’t know what to do with Betty. She was dressed completely differently than she had been the last time he’d seen her— and Betty knew she was holding herself entirely differently. Fully taking up space, not trying to shrink herself down the way Beth had always done.

The plane was taking off around them— Betty really had cut it close with her boarding time— but Felix was still looking at her, where she was sitting next to him in her airplane seat. He looked uncertain. “You’re not… really like Beth…” he said. “You’re dressed completely differently. And there’s just… something else… about you…”

“Of course I’m not like Beth,” Betty said, with a laugh. “I changed my style— and my whole attitude too. I’m better than Beth, now. I’m better than a lot of people— maybe even better than most.”

This answer seemed to throw him. That kind of answer was not the kind of answer that Beth would ever have given him— it was an answer that oozed self-confidence, Felix didn’t seem to know how to react to it. Beth had certainly never been self-confident at all, and Betty was making it clear to him that she was entirely confident in herself.

This change seemed to frighten Felix a little bit— clearly, he didn’t know how to respond to her— was looking at her like she was a complete stranger that he didn’t know at all.

“You’re not going to try and turn me back into Beth, are you?” Betty asked. If that was his plan… there was perhaps a thing or two she could do to change his mind…

“No…” Felix said, and then trailed off into a silence that was underlined by the plane’s takeoff trajectory. He was timid in response to her, awkward with her like she was a stranger.

“So then, what’s the problem?” Betty asked. “Why are you staring at me that way?” She had not become any more patient since boarding this flight. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“I was worried you were going to miss this flight. Worried that you’d just get lost in Vegas and stay there. But I wasn’t expecting you to come back and be like… this…” Felix volunteered. He spoke haltingly, still clearly uncomfortable.

The plane leveled off into a cruise at its appropriate altitude.

“But you did change Beth into me,” Betty pointed out. “So why should it be a surprise to find that I’m different?”

“I did change Beth,” Felix went on. “And I lied to Beth when she asked me if I had followed her onto this flight. I did. I specifically booked this ticket because I wanted to have a chance to induce her, and turn her into you…”

This admission confirmed what Betty had pointed out just the moment before. She still didn’t really get what Felix’s problem was, and she didn’t have a lot of patience for it. She remembered what he’d done very well— she was grateful for it. Why couldn’t he see that the changes she’d gone through were a good thing?

Felix was still talking though, and that part of it was too bad. Betty didn’t really feel like sitting and listening to him, and generally didn’t do anything she didn’t feel like. But he had helped her to become this. She figured she owed it to him to at least hear him out. It was the least that she could do.

“I was hoping I’d be able to personally take advantage of your lowered inhibitions,” Felix went on, still sitting a little stiffly. “I’ve been attracted to you for some time. But you made it off the plane too quickly for me, and then you were off onto the Vegas streets without a trace.”

Betty suppressed a laugh. Again, only because she felt she owed Felix at least a little courtesy when he’d done so much for her. But it did seem funny to her. He’d turned her into this new version of herself specifically so he could get with her, and instead she’d spent the last few days sleeping with a string of strangers wherever it was convenient. And now that he was seeing her again, he didn’t recognize her at all, even though he’d been the one to change her. He’d changed her… and yet she’d still turned out differently than he’d planned.

She’d been lucky plenty of times in the past week days, with men and with money, but it seemed that Felix did not share this trait with her at all.

“I tried to track you down, but I couldn’t find you anywhere,” Felix said. “I was so worried about making sure I had the ticket next to your seat on the flight down and on the flight back that I never paid attention to Beth when she talked about the hotel she’d booked. So I didn’t even know which lobby to hang around in the hopes of running into you.”

More bad luck for Felix— it was getting harder not to laugh, but Betty managed. Bad luck for Felix was good luck for her. If they’d been playing a betting game, she would definitely have benefitted from his losses. His losses were her winnings— if he had tracked her down, Betty was pretty sure that he would have restricted her freedoms. He probably wouldn’t have let her sleep around so much; he might not even have let her gamble so much. She was happy the trip had gone the way it did— happy to have had total free rein. She wouldn’t have, if he’d been with her.

“But now that you’ve turned up here… you’re different. I told you to become carefree and reckless, and confident… but only because I thought it would make you more likely to sleep with me. I thought you’d still basically be… Beth, just Beth… with an adventurous streak. But it’s like you’re an entirely different person…” He looked more unsettled than ever.

“Well, tough luck, Felix,” Betty said, hoping she’d listened to enough of his griping to be able to cut this conversation short. “But it’s not too late for you to get at least a little lucky. If you wanted to meet me in the plane’s bathroom, I mean.”

Felix’s eyes widened. “Really?” His voice wavered— probably from nerves.

Betty nodded. “I’ll go back first. You follow after me in two minutes.”

It was smooth flying, so Betty had no worries about turbulence cutting their tryst short. And she was still a little turned on from when she’d hooked up with that other man in exchange for a ride.

Betty went down the airplane aisle with the same sense of ease she brought to everything she did. It served her well— she looked so at peace with herself that no one even noticed her as she went by. She looked like she was doing exactly what she was supposed to be doing, for anyone who might happen to look— so she blended in perfectly, and no one bothered looking at her.

She let herself into the plane bathroom, and closed the door behind her, and locked it too. She wanted to keep it reserved until Felix joined her in it, in case anyone else came back between now and then.

She looked around the closet-like space. It was a little cramped, but it would still fit the two of them comfortably, even if they were standing. It was no smaller than the bathroom stall, really, and that stall had worked just fine— both times. Felix had a smaller build than either of the two other men she’d hooked up with in a stall— so the two of them should be able to fit just fine in here.

There was a tentative knocking on the bathroom door just a minute later.

“Felix?” Betty checked through the door.

“It’s me,” Felix confirmed, though somehow he still sounded unsure. Betty undid the lock to let Felix in.

She was right— they did fit, and it wasn’t too tight of a fit. Once Felix was in, and the door was locked again behind him, Betty took the initiative with him, kissing hard and grinding against the front of his pants. She had to take the initiative, or else nothing would have happened, because he’d just been standing there and staring at her like he couldn’t quite believe what was happening.

Betty couldn’t entirely judge him for his passivity, though. She could almost feel a kind of sympathy for him. He’d been the one interested in Beth, after all, and he’d gone to all this trouble to try and get with her, only to find that Beth was nowhere to be found.

He was a bit of an unlucky loser— or that was how Betty thought of him, at least. It felt good to take the lead with him, and she felt at home doing it. Felix seemed to appreciate it, too, though he also still seemed at least partly wary of her. And though she really didn’t care to be the center of attention, Betty had to admit that it felt good to have all of Felix’s focus on her, and to see exactly how that he was appreciating everything she was doing.

She kissed him, and guided the tempo of their kissing with certain moves of her mouth and lips. Felix followed her lead, becoming more engaged the longer the two of them went on moving together. Maybe he was imagining that she was still Beth, to set himself at easy. This wouldn’t have surprised her; he’d gone to all the trouble of giving Beth a mental makeover just to get her to sleep with him, so he must have really liked her.

But Betty didn’t really care what Felix was thinking about. She was enjoying herself. This was still a hook-up, and her second of the day; and she always enjoyed those. She might have enjoyed it more if Felix were a stranger too, but the fact that they were doing it on an airplane gave it a little bit more of an extra thrill. Even if she couldn’t quite leave Felix behind at the end the way she’d done with the other men, she could make it clear that the two of them hooking up was an airplanes only thing— which would basically make it a one time thing, like all the rest. She couldn’t imagine when the two of them would ever be on a flight together again.

She drove the kiss further, and stopped grinding on him so she could get a good grip on the buckle of his belt. With her eyes closed, and still kissing him, she undid it handily, leaving his pants to fall into a pile on the floor. She was pleased to find he’d been wearing nothing beneath them— just as she was wearing nothing beneath her skirt, so it was easy to sling a leg over him and sink down onto his cock.

Once he was inside her, she ceded some of her control to him. She let him set the pace and followed his lead this time. She couldn’t help but moan in pleasure. She’d been aching for a fuck since she’d gotten fingered earlier. At last she was getting what she’d craved… it was such a relief to finally satisfy that wanting.

Felix looked even more relieved than she felt— but he’d been waiting for this longer than she had. He’d done everything he could to make this happen. And yet, in the end, it was ony because of her generosity that it was happening at all; and it wasn’t quite happening with the girl he’d planned to share it with. It suddenly seemed funny to Betty again— but she kept that reaction to herself, again. Felix had helped her to become the best possible version of herself. She didn’t mind paying him back for it, this way. Especially when paying him back was this fun. And she could do him the courtesy of not laughing in his face at the thought of all the ways he’d been unlucky.

This was one more thing Beth would never have done, never even been able to imagine. But there were lots of things like that: all of which Betty hoped she would be able to go on and experience. But Felix wasn’t going to turn her back— she was confident of that now. He might not even be able to— she seemed to have become something that went beyond what he’d intended.

She could go on living life with the ease and with the relish she’d been living it with all through her trip down to Vegas. All the things Beth had never experienced were out there, waiting for her to live them out to the fullest, and Betty would go out there, find them, and do that— starting right now, with the end of the tryst that was fast approaching.

It seemed like a fitting celebration, and a perfect end to her week-long trip. When she felt the orgasm starting in her, she leaned into it and went with it completely. She beat Felix to it, and he trailed after her, coming to his own orgasm just a minute or so later, while she was deep in the throes of her own and then already slipping out of it.

Felix looked more flustered than she felt, when the two of them pulled apart. Betty pressed a kiss to his cheek. “Thanks, Felix. I’m sure Beth would thank you too, if she could.”

Felix flushed red, and stammered for something to say, but couldn’t seem to make the words come.

“Thanks,” Betty repeated, and she smoothed her skirt back into place before reaching behind him to unlock the bathroom door. She stepped past, and headed to her seat.

She sat down with a sigh of relief. How good it felt to be Betty… and to know that she could stay this way always. She’d ride the plane all the way back home as Betty, disembark as Betty, live each day of the rest of her life as Betty— which meant living each day to the fullest extent, and savoring each one of its excesses as completely as she could.

Betty didn’t think Beth had ever done that— but Beth would never get the chance now. It was all for her to enjoy, and make the most of. She could look at her future with a sense of complete peace: there was so much enjoyment and fun to look forward to. Beth had never looked ahead to the future and seen that. But Betty was looking ahead and seeing it now. And she could say, with complete confidence, that the future looked bright.

* * *