The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Carl and Lilith

Chapter 2

Lilith Gets Lectured

copyright © 2001 by Trey Gallant

The black Lexus pulled up in front of the house in one of Pittsburgh’s more descreetly wealthy neighborhoods. Lilith Preston turned to the driver. With a warm smile she leaned over, placed her hand on his knee, and said, “Thank you very much, Sam, for giving me a lift to my Grandmother’s. Deep trance, now.”

Sam’s eyes glazed over, and his shoulders slumped into complete relaxation. Even though he appeared completely passive, somehow his entire attitude was of one waiting for something to happen. Like a puppy waiting for his master to throw a stick for him to retrieve, Lilith thought. She smiled as that image entered her mind, and adjusted the hem of her gray wool skirt.

“I know this is quite unfair, and you deserve a better reward for the trouble you have gone to, but I really cannot have you remembering that you have ever seen me. I am going to leave you shortly. When I do, you will wait five minutes, then you will drive back to the place where you surrendered completely to me. Do you remember where that was, sam?”

The middle-aged appearing man nodded slowly.

“That is good,” continued Lilith. “When you get there, you will get out of the car, throw the keys as far as you can, and walk back to the road. You will then turn South and walk for one-half hour. At that time you will awaken, and try to flag down a car. When one stops, you will ask the driver to put you in touch with the police. Do you understand, sam?”

“Yes,” he whispered.

“Very good,” Lilith purred. “You will tell the police that you picked up a hitchhiker. Young, with long blonde hair and big blue eyes, very pretty. When she suggested that she repay you for your kindness in giving her a ride, you foolishly accepted. When you had driven to that lonely spot off the road, she gave you a tab of what she said was ‘X-tacy’. Even more foolishly, you let her ‘share’ it with you. When you woke up, your car keys, the money in your wallet, and your credit cards were gone.” In fact, the money rested in Lilith’s purse at that moment, and the credit cards were scattered in pieces back in the woods. “Is that not right, sam?”

“Yes, Sam murmured. “Young ... blonde ... this morning ...”

“You did not meet a dark-haired woman named Lilith in the motel lounge last night,” she continued relentlessly. “You did not give me a ride this morning. You have never seen me before, and you will not recognize me, or any picture of me, if you see me again. Is that not true?”

“Yes,” Sam said, more strongly. “Never ... met you.”

“You are such a good subject,sam,” she said warmly. “Never-the-less, if you do see me again, while you will not remember me, if I come up to you, and touch your face like this,” here she laid her hand against his cheek, “... then you will look into my eyes. And what happens when you look into my eyes while I am touching you?”

“If you say, ‘Deep trance, now’ I go into this trance-state for you, Mistress,” the completely enthralled man answered. “And then I will do anything you tell me to.”

“Good boy,” Lilith patted his cheek. “Thank you again for the ride, and for ... supper ... last night. You were delicious. Good-bye, sam.”

She exited the auto, and drew her coat close about her, turning the sable fur collar high around her neck. Then she walked confidently up to the front door. The nameplate on the mail box read Elizabeth Bathory. The Hungarian-American steelworkers down in the working class districts probably would have understood the reference. Lilith wondered if her Grandmother’s upper class neighbors did.

In response to her knock, an elderly gentleman in butler’s livery opened the door. “Yes, Miss, may I help you?” he inquired politely.

“Don’t be disingenuous, Green,” Lilith snapped. “Is my Grandmother in?”

“You can’t mean to say that you are Lilith Preston, Miss,” replied the butler. “The police are looking for her.”

Lilith rounded on the venerable servant with fire in her eyes, when she was interrupted by the sound of an imperious voice floating down the hall. “Do not abuse my people, dear. Good help is hard to find.” A dignified, matronly woman came to the entrance hall. She appeared to be about 50. “You may go, James,” she directed. “Please have Daphne bring tea to the library.”

Lilith followed her Grandmother into the library off the main foyer, and felt relief surge through her as her eyes lit on familiar objects. She had spent many happy hours in her Grandmother’s library, no matter which house it had been in or where it had been located. The outer world changed; the inner family life of their kind did not, or did so only slowly. She remembered sitting on her grandmother’s knee as she learned. She picked up one of the tiny knickknacks on the coffee table and turned as she stroked it. Her eyes met her Grandmother’s, and she hastily put the trinket back down, and sat, folding her hands in her lap to wait the older woman’s pleasure. Elizabeth nodded and went to sit in a wing-back chair by the fireplace.

“I must admit that I am surprised to see you, my dear,” Elizabeth said bluntly as she eyed Lilith. “You have something you wish to ask?”

“I came here because I believed you would give me sanctuary, GrandMama,” Lilith replied, her voice tight with disappointment. She started to get to her feet. “I was apparently wrong...”

“Do sit down, dear,” Elizabeth commanded, her disapproval beginning to become obvious to her grand-daughter. “Pouting was not acceptable when you were a child. It is even less becoming a behavior at your age. You say you wish to ask for sanctuary? From whom? And why do you need it?”

“I would have thought from Green’s remarks that you knew what had happened,” Lilith retorted.

“We have seen on the television, and heard on the radio, and read in the newspapers, that Lilith Preston, of Mosby county, virginia, is wanted by the police for kidnapping and murder,” her grandmother remarked cooly. “Some of the details in these stories have been quite sensational: persons enthralled as if under an hypnotic spell; mysterious aging and deaths of some of the victims; other held is a kind of servitude. Incredible things. Not at all what I would expect to hear about a member of my family.”

“What do you want from me, GrandMama?” Lilith cried, confused by the way this interview was going. “I need your help, but you seem determined to berate me for something. Tell me what has made you so angry with me.”

“What were you thinking of, girl?” the older succubus demanded, irately but not unkindly. " What possessed you to think you could enslave humans?”

“But I CAN...” Lilith began.

“My mother, and I, and your mother did not teach you what we learned from Mesmer, Braid and Freud so you could make playthings out of people,” Elizabeth snapped. “This knowledge and skill is intended to make our donors forget that we have drawn energy from them, and to confuse and entice them into donating to us.”

“What about James, and Daphne, and your other servants?” her grand-daughter retorted. “You do not mean to tell me that their devotion to you, and to the family, is not due to your mesmeric influence over them! Nor that you have never taken life-force from them!”

Elizabeth stiffened at the impertinance. “If you truely believe that,” she said icily, “you have completely misunderstood everything you have observed and learned under my roof. Yes, I hypnotize my servants when they leave the house, so that they have no memory of the unique qualities of this household when they are awaqy from it. that is for their protection as much as ours. But their service is entirely voluntary, and well recompensated. and it is true that, long ago, James was one 0of my lovers, and freely gave to me that which I needed. But I have not allowed him to donate energy to me since he passed the full force of his youth and strength, many years ago. Quite the contrary! We did not teach you these hypnotic skills of persuation, which supplement our natural talents, for you to set yourself up as some kind of predatory hypno-domme with a stable of non-consentual submissive slaves.”

“Janet and Marsha do it,” Lilith protested petulantly. This was not going at all as she had foreseen it. She had come here believing her grandmother would welcome her with open arms, and provide her with a much needed hiding place from the humans hunting her. She had never expected to be chided like a naughty child. It was not right! She was not a child!

“Your sister and cousin are professional Dominatrices!” her Grandmother replied. “They are offering a service to their clients, who come to them voluntarily, receive what they looked for, make their donations all unknowingly, and leave satisfied, to go back to their normal lifestyles until the next time they visit. What were you thinking? Or were you thinking? This isn’t the 14th Century, by the Goddess! These people aren’t serfs! They are free men and women. You can’t just take them as you did! They will fight your domination...”

Lilith looked up from hanging her head. She knew her Grandmother Elizabeth was right about that, but it had been easy, and so much fun to overcome her victims’ resistance. An image of carl as he stood bound in her harness, helpless to resist her, filled her mind. She felt a surge of warmth flood through her, awakening a totally different hunger than the one she had so recently assuaged with sam. Her fleeting reverie was interrupted by a knock on the door.

The maid brought in the tea service. She left the trolley next to Elizabeth’s chair and waited for instructions.

“Thank you, Daphne,” Elizabeth said to the woman, her eyes remaining on Lilith. “My grandaughter will pour.” The servant left as silently as she had entered.

“Yes, they resisted, some of them,” Lilith admitted as she rose to do the pouring, automatically giving deference to her grandmother. “But some of them didn’t fight so very hard,” she pointed out.

“No. But what happened? Their families came looking for them. Their disappearance attracted the attention of the authorities. And then that Harker person and his organization got involved.” She seized Lilith’s chin and forced her to look into her eyes. The expression of anger, scorn and worry there was like a slap to Lilith’s face. Her defiance wilted into dismay at seeing her Grandmother’s wrath, where before she had seen only love. “And you had to flee.” Elizabeth continued. “Do you realize how much danger you have exposed yourself, and all of us, to, you foolish child? Not to mention that it was wrong!”

“I’m sorry, GrandMama,” Lilith said in a small voice. The implications of what her Grandmother was saying began to sink into her soul. For half a century she had gloried in the power she had over mere men. Now she began to recognize the pain and damage she had thoughtlessly caused. “I didn’t mean to hurt anyone. I always tried to make them enjoy serving me...”

“And the fact that serving you drastically shortened their lifespans didn’t bother you, until now?” Elizabeth continued relentlessly. “Your mother and I did not teach you to act that way. When we sent you to study with Erickson, he surely didn’t teach you to play with your subjects for your own amusement.” She sighed and shook her head. “I told your mother we never should have allowed you girls to watch those horrible Hollywood vampire movies! It gave you all the wrong ideas.”

“It would all have remained as it was, if that insufferable Mara Foster had not intervened,” Lilith muttered, thinking herself unheard. “Who would have suspected that falling in love would break my hold on one of my most loyal ...”

“The human heart and mind are both a mystery, child,” Elizabeth said, a strange look passing over her face. “Even the human poets do not fully understand the depth, and the heights, they are capable of.” She was remembering something very dear and very personal, Lilith realized. She wondered what her Grandmother had experienced which left her so wistful at the memory. The expression faded, however, and Elizabeth turned her eyes on Lilith. “That has nothing to do with the fact that your behavior was unacceptable, girl. We tried to teach you girls how to use the powers inherent in your nature, and the skills we taught you, properly. There were rules that you were taught, that you were meant to follow. By your callous disregard for those rules, and for the people you enslaved, you have shown yourself incapable of being trusted to live up to our standards.”

“Maybe those rules, those standards, are outdated, Gran’Mama,” Lilith shot back. “The humans are prey; clever prey, but basically just food for us.” She heard Elizabeth’s gasp, and felt the shock in her own soul as she said it. She knew her feelings for carl—and even for homer—went far beyond the callous relationship she had so coldly defined. But could she take it back, now that it had been said? “I mean ...”

“You do not know what you mean, you ungrateful child!” Elizabeth snapped, her eyes blazing with rage. “I should turn you out into the streets, and let the authorities, or better yet Harker’s slayers, hunt you down!”

“GrandMama, please!” Lilith cried out. She rose and went to the older woman’s chair. There she knelt and laid her head on her grandmother’s knee. After her loss of carl and homer, the thought of being abandoned by one she loved was more than she could bear. It broke the last of her defiance, and opened her eyes to the truth. Her slaves had not betrayed her; they had broken free of her. She had never earned their loyalty, but had tried to impose it from the outside. “I was wrong! I see that now. But I need your help, or I will ever learn how to use my gifts properly.”

Elizabeth looked down into Lilith’s tear-filled eyes, and knew she was speaking the truth. She stroked her grandaughter’s cheek and nodded. “Very well, child. You may stay. We will do what we can to keep your presence here from the authorities.”

“Thank you, GrandMama!” Lilith sobbed, relief coursing through her mind.

“But ... you will be expected to prove your contrition,” Elizabeth told her sternly. “There will be rules you will follow, without question or complaint. You will have to prove to us that you are sincere.”

“Anything you ask, GrandMama,” Lilith nodded, eager to prove herself to the older woman. “I do not want to disappoint you ever again.”

“Would that were possible, child,” Elizabeth said softly. She got to her feet and went over to stand by the window. “Have James come to me, child. You may have your old room in the west wing. In the morning, we will discuss the terms of your penance.”

To Be Continued