The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Bring Me to Life

By ElSol

Epilogue

It came to an end faster than it had started. I was in Marco’s restaurant walking around when the place got quiet. People stood up from their meals and walked to the bar area. The waitstaff and busboys were also congregating. Curious, I mentally pushed people aside to get me a prime spot in front of the TV.

The President was telling it all. I breathed a sigh of relief.

The people the President called to the podium were using small words and some had accents, but they laid it out plainly.

No more sex.

No more babies.

We watched in silence as they showed an in-vitro attempt to fertilize an egg. The scientist placed the sperm on top of the egg but nothing happened.

The final speaker was the Director of something they called The Department Of Procreation. His words were stark and unforgiving—the extinction of the human race. I waited, knowing he would be the one to drop the final revelation.

Positives.

I sighed again. There were more than me: people who could read minds, people who could control emotions in others, people with JACKED UP pheromones, and something about people who could control others by some unknown symbol language only they could see.

“You’re one of them!” Mary exclaimed. I turned my head towards her slowly. People stared at me for a second before backing away.

Yes,” I whispered into their minds. “I am a Positive.

People gasped; some of them fled the restaurant. They actually ran away from me!

“You were controlling me!” Mary screamed. “You made me break up with Matt, didn’t you?”

I pinched the bridge of my nose.

Stop!

Everyone froze.

Get out!” I commanded to the ones whose minds had turned to violence against me. I watched them leave before looking at Mary.

“No,” I told her.

“You’re lying!”

I smiled. “I might have accelerated the process, but without sex, Matt and you didn’t have a prayer.”

“YOU’RE LYING!”

Stop yelling,” I said. “I can read minds, Mary.“

I waited, but she didn’t get it.

“You were not happy with him,” I told her. “You weren’t going to make it. Don’t bother lying! I can hear the truth in your mind. You know I’m right.”

I looked around the restaurant. I needed to watch the rest of the broadcast.

Go home, people!” I said. “Watch it from home if you want to, but I need silence.

I waved the bartender to get me an ice water and sat in front of the TV.

“What did you say to Mary?” Adriana asked me an hour later. The girls had come down; they were sitting around me.

“Orphan Teams,” I said. “They sent out soldiers to raid orphanages around the world.”

“How did they keep something like that quiet?” Adriana asked.

I smirked at her. She snorted and rubbed my shoulder. “I guess someone like you does make keeping secrets easier.”

I nodded.

“They’re asking Positives to come in, Simon,” she whispered. I could see the concern written on her face.

“You think we need to run?”

Adriana watched the broadcast for another hour. An Army general gave operational information about the Orphan Teams and the work they’d done.

“Those two,” Adriana said finally. She pointed to the Director of the Department of Procreation and a woman who stood behind him.

“What about them?” I asked.

“He’s the brains behind the government’s reaction to it,” she told me. “She’s like you!”

“How can you tell that about her?”

“You stand the same way—taking it all in,” Adriana said. “Other people are also walking in and out, but the President and those two have been on-screen the entire time.”

I nodded.

“I wonder if they forced the other political party to agree or... " She shook her head.

“So we run, Adriana?”

She sat still for a second. I pulled out of her mind as fast as I could before she drowned me in the whirlwind of thought.

“They kidnapped kids and locked the media down,” Adriana said. “They’re being honest about it, Simon. It means they’re willing to be honest about a lot of bad things so they can hide the REALLY bad things they’ve done or are going to do.”

I winced, remembering the murders I committed. She smiled widely.

“What?” I asked.

“I bet they’re going to offer a pardon for any sins that a Positive might have committed,” she told me. “They’re going to phrase it nicely, like they ‘understand’ mistakes were made as people adjusted to the new circumstances of life.”

I turned to the television. Adriana was right! Around midnight, they got more into the Positive Powers and phrased a pardon offer EXACTLY how Adriana predicted.

“You’re more powerful than the mind-reader they put on display, Simon,” Adriana said suddenly.

I shrugged. “They might be hiding something.”

“I bet that bitch is more powerful,” Adriana told me, pointing to the woman standing behind the DOP director. “But they would try to impress people so he can’t be weak. You nearly double his range now.”

My power had continued to grow beyond the county limits.

“We need to set up somewhere to run to,” Adriana said. “An island so you can cover all of it with your power if they come after us.”

I smiled, knowing her next step. “Then we go down to Washington and see what I can hear.”

“Yes,” she said. “Maybe we can get close to the President or this Director.”

“We’ll have to be careful,” I said. “They’re going to have them covered.”

“Not everybody,” she replied.

“Like hookers,” I said.

“There are no more hookers, Simon.”

“I did not say prostitutes,” I replied. “It is Washington!”

I didn’t remember ever hearing Adriana laugh.

* * *

The bus driver parked in front of the building. We’d followed a tree-lined driveway for nearly a mile before we got to an open area. I wondered whose building the Department of Procreation had taken over. The grounds were impressive and the building was massive. Construction crews were also erecting other buildings around the open area.

I stepped out of the bus after my women did—none of the prostitutes chose to stay behind. The women lined up by the bus. A rat-face guy was inspecting Adriana in a rather rude and handsy fashion. He had a mental shield! I’d seen a few during my days of scanning Washington politicos.

“She’s with me,” I told him. His brow furrowed as he stared at me. He leaned towards me.

Adriana’s mind had stopped!

Sleep!” I told the rat-face. He took a step back. My command had not gotten through his shield. I smiled at him. “SLEEP!

Surrounding his shield so the command came from everywhere did the trick. His shield cracked like an eggshell being hit by a sledgehammer.

“You could have caught him,” Adriana said to me. The dude had slammed rat-face first into the ground.

I shrugged.

A number of guards ran up to us with guns forward. They hit the ground face-first too. A few minutes later, the Director and the woman we’d seen on the President’s address to the nation came up to us. A little boy looked out from behind the woman.

“His mind is funny, Elaine,” the little boy told the woman. “He’s slippery!”

The Director paid more attention to the unconscious rat-face than to me.

“It’s the third time, Elaine,” he said without looking at the woman. She nodded, pulled out a handgun, and shot the rat-face twice in the head. The Director nodded and gestured for us to follow him inside.

“Try not to hurt the guards in the future,” he told me. “Good help is hard to find.”

“How do you know I’m the Positive?” I asked him.

Adriana slapped the back of my head. “Thirty women and one guy!”

“Oh, yeah!” I said, trying not to laugh. “It was a stupid question.”

He led us to a picnic bench. I looked at it and around the lobby area.

“I find Positives prefer things informal during these conversations,” he told me.

I sat down; Adriana sat beside me. The Director studied the prostitutes with a curious look on his face.

“It’s commercial, dear,” Elaine said, standing behind him. “That is an absolutely lovely mind!”

She was staring at Adriana.

“Oh, yummy! Yummy! Yummy!” Elaine said. She seemed unaware that she was walking around the table. She put her hands on Adriana’s head. For a second, I could swear the woman was glowing.

“Do I do that?” I asked Lisa and Abby.

“Elaine,” the Director said gently.

The woman shook her head and smiled at me. “And you didn’t ruin it! In fact, you did your best to heal her mind. You are a lovely, lovely man.”

She walked around to stand behind the Director again. “And don’t worry, what you did to her father is strictly between us.”

The Director raised an eyebrow at me.

“He raped Adriana when she was fifteen,” I told him.

“Do I need to be concerned?” he asked Elaine.

She studied Amanda and Stella. “Those two aren’t prostitutes. Amanda just graduated medical school so we can find a use for her. The other is a toy. He left one behind though.”

“Mary,” I said. “She didn’t... ”

I tapped the table for a second.

“You understand that it wasn’t the best thing for her,” Elaine told me.

“People don’t always choose what’s best for them,” I replied. “She blamed me for some things that happened.”

Elaine and the Director made eye-contact.

“Commercial?” he asked, looking at the prostitutes. The women were posing to catch the eye of any passerbys.

“Their sexual displays are based in commercial needs and not social ones,” Elaine told the Professor.

“Hmm!” he said thoughtfully. “It could prove useful in our efforts to engineer change.”

She nodded.

“You’re not Positive,” I said to the Director. He had a mental shield though.

“I’m protecting him,” Elaine said. “Like Adriana, he’s the brains of the operation.”

I nodded slowly.

“Speaking of which,” Elaine told the Professor. “I think we found your new assistant. Adriana needs some education, but her mind will absorb knowledge like a sponge.”

“Good!” the Director said with some relief. “Only if you don’t mind, Simon.”

I stared at him.

“I gave him your name,” Elaine said to me. “Adriana will still be yours; we’re going to borrow her to keep things in order around here. We can’t let a mind like that go to waste.”

I looked at Adriana; she smiled at me and shrugged.

“No shield!” the Director said suddenly snapping his head around to look at Elaine. “How did he protect himself against Ronald out there?”

Ronald must have been the rat-face.

“He filtered it out,” Elaine tilted her head as she stared at me. “Interesting, all the other Telepathics learned to shield, but he went a completely different direction.”

I looked from one to the other.

“So he listens to everything and... " The Director closed his eyes. “It’s not possible, Elaine. There’s too much noise!”

Elaine studied Adriana, Lisa, and Abby for a few seconds. She threw her head back and laughed. “I swear, Simon, you have to be the strangest Telepathic I’ve met to date. Or the fucking laziest!”

The Director frowned.

“He’s making them do the work,” Elaine told him, pointing at my original girls. “He doesn’t even know he’s doing it.”

“Could all of you do it?” the Director asked. “Shared brain power!”

“I don’t know,” Elaine replied. “He’s more powerful than Santos.”

She glanced at the little boy so I guessed that was his name.

“I can’t quite get a handle on how he’s managing the trick of making the girls do his heavy lifting,” Elaine said softly.

“Bonding,” Adriana said.

We turned to look at her.

“It’s in all the sci-fi books about telepaths,” she told us.

The Director sighed. “Maybe I should start reading more fiction.”

He sounded VERY tired.

“How much?” the Director asked me.

“I don’t understand,” I replied.

“How much money did you acquire in your adventures before coming to us?” he asked.

I raised my eyebrows.

“You all do some things the same. We can launder it for you,” he offered. “For a fifteen percent fee.”

“Is that even legal?” I asked.

“We’ve done worse,” he replied.

I looked out to the front of the building. The guards were still cleaning up rat-face’s corpse.

“Ronald liked to force his claim on the more attractive women that were brought in by Positives,” the Director told me. “Your lack of a shield must have made him brave enough to try again after I warned him it was not acceptable.”

“And you don’t tolerate mistakes,” I said.

“You have power, Simon,” he replied. “I’m not going to give you any speeches about responsibility. I’m trying to save the world, so as long as we’re agreed on that point then I think the rest of the human race can accept you taking a few liberties. Actually, I don’t even think they’d remember why we used to make such a fuss about those kind of things.”

“Until I hit the end of the leash... ”

Elaine nodded to me.

“It’s a very long leash,” the Director told me.

“I killed Adriana’s father,” I said. “He died long and slow.”

He smiled. “Are you ready to work?”

“Sure, Mr. Director! I’m all about saving the world.”

The End