The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Breathing Lessons

Author’s note: This is a continuation of a story based on characters from my first work for EMCSA, ‘Transference’. I was surprised and pleased to receive several very positive comments on it, and all of them encouraged me to continue the story...so, here it is! There will be one more at some point, I think. Please, do keep those comments flowing, friends...they are appreciated!

She sat in her car, staring at the door into which he’d walked. Bethany Waldron had been on her way to work. She never minded being at the library especially so on Saturdays, because that was the day he would come in, pick out a book or two, and sit in a sunny spot along the west wall and read quietly.

Dillon Devereaux.

It was impulse that brought Bethany Waldron here, to the parking lot of a medical building a few blocks from the library. It was undistinguished, this odd structure, except perhaps for its dated architecture: flat roof, angled brickwork bracketing the front entryway, no windows per se, but glass blocks that would probably provide some degree of interior ambient lighting. Fifty (sixty? more?) years ago this had probably been the height of style. Now? It was just an anachronism. Bigger than it looked from the front, it was perhaps twice as long as it was wide. And charm upon charm, the plain block lettering on the twin glass front doors read: MEDICAL BLDG. As if the person hired to do the paint job started too big and realized that fact too late.

There was—or had been, anyway—a dentist’s office inside, that much she knew for sure, she’d been brought here once many years ago. Her memory of the layout was rather sketchy, but she recalled a single hallway with doors on on the left side and one at the far end. The dentist’s office had been the last one on the left as she remembered. Also an osteopath, whatever that was. That had been one of the few words in her bookish life that she hadn’t cared enough to look up the definition.

But Dillon was here, she was sure of it. She’d seen him riding his bicycle down the road as she was stopped for a red light at the four-way. She’d been excited at first, imagining perhaps they would going to arrive at the library at the same time, and maybe they could meet in the parking lot and maybe she could get his attention and talk to him. She’d even dressed up——well, as much as she was willing to dress up for any boy. And she’d experimented a bit with makeup. And just a dab of scent from a very old bottle of something called “Wind Song”, something her mother favored. It was nice enough, kind of a cross between an orange and a cup of Earl Gray. She just hoped he liked it.

But there would be no meeting in the library parking lot. As she accelerated from the light she saw him pedal past her building with barely a sideways glance. He continued up Center Street another half mile or so...then he turned into the parking lot of the medical building. Or MEDICAL BLDG, if you will.

Hmmmm.

She only gave it a moment of thought before turning in behind him. What did she have to lose besides an an hour or so of work at the county minimum of eleven-fifty an hour? Money was money, but love was love, and she’d already decided she’d been without the latter for too long. “You only live once,” she sighed. And it was Dillon Devereaux, after all.

She’d known him for years. Known him, as in, being familiar with him. She didn’t actually know him personally——she didn’t think anyone really did——nor did she know him in the ‘biblical’ sense. Too bad, that! Not that she was all fired up about losing her virginity; she wasn’t. But most of her acquaintances and a few close friends had, and she didn’t want to be left too far behind. Already she’d had to forego the High School traditions like the sock hop——yes, their school still had one, talk about anachronisms!——and prom and even turnabout, for which she couldn’t even persuade the school’s resident nerds to accompany her. Even as just a walk-in, not a proper “date”.

So she felt like she’d been missing something. Maybe, maybe years from now, when she’d found her Forever Man (for she believed in such things) maybe then she could look back and laugh at how naive she’d been. But now...

...now, it was time to act. Do, or do not, like Yoda said.

Bethany Waldron would do. And if she was going to, well...then why not aim high? Say, with the soon-to-be Senator’s son?

Why not, indeed?

And that’s why she sat here, had watched curiously as he rolled his bike inside the back door of the medical building.

Rolled his bike inside.

Now, it happened that there was a bike rack adjacent to the back door, just like the ones at the library. Something Devereaux the Elder had insisted on, she remembered that well, that such things were seeded all over town, go green and all. Even to the point where there happened to be one behind the obscure, architecturally dated MEDICAL BLDG.

Curiouser and curiouser!

Well. What to do now?

Bethany Waldron sat and thought a moment, pondering the possibilities, permutations, and problems. And nothing else that started with a ‘p’, except maybe ‘penis’. That thought alone made her set her angular jaw, and with that she got out of the car and strode purposefully toward the building.

Already inside, in a disused dental office——coincidentally the very same office Bethany had visited so many years ago——Dillon Devereaux was being led by the hand toward a repurposed dental chair. All the drills, sinks, x-ray equipment and varying dental accoutrement had long since been removed with one notable exception; the nitrous oxide cylinders, mask, and controls. There was also an integrated sound and video system with padded headphones and a set of virtual reality goggles...certainly nothing that had been available when this office was first opened in the mid 50s.

“I never did like going to the dentist,” Dillon was saying to Merry Parker. “Our family went to a guy downtown who was a closet sadist, I think.”

“I think I know who you’re talking about,” said Merry, with a chuckle. “And I’ve heard that about him too. You just need to find the right doctor is all.” She patted the vinyl surface of the chair. “Hop on, cowboy,” she said with a sly wink. “I’ll give you a ride you’ll not soon forget.”

“All right.” He settled into the chair. “I’m afraid I am going to have to see a dentist eventually. Dad wanted to get my teeth fixed years ago, but the idea terrified me so I talked him out of it.”

She gave him a look of mild surprise. “You talked your father out of something?”

He smiled, showing off a set of rather crooked teeth. “I think it was more a matter of, I did the sums and showed him the results. Thousands and thousands of dollars to straighten these wretched things rather than...well, I’m sure you can imagine. I hope he invested the money into something worthwhile. Golf. Bowling. A boat.”

Merry stroked his cheek fondly. “You stay with me, dear, and we’ll have them fixed, I promise. And they’re not all that wretched. At least they’re clean. How did it happen anyway?”

His smile widened. “I can’t positively verify this, but I’m told that I was chasing the girl next door and did a header off a concrete porch.”

Merry’s eyes became like saucers. “Dillon! Surely!”

He shrugged. “Like I said, I really don’t remember it. But pictures of me when I was three and and four years old, my teeth are perfect. Five and after, they looked like this. And I had to go to speech therapy for years.” He sighed wistfully and smiled. “My first real crush, my speech therapist. She’s a real sweetheart.”

Merry kissed him on the forehead, eliciting a shiver. “Was she prettier than me?”

“Not prettier. But as pretty. And not was...is. She’s still a family friend.” He frowned. “And I wonder sometimes...“

“Now, now.” She patted his shoulder and kissed him again. “Just because a woman is a family friend doesn’t mean your father has been sleeping with her. Not every woman thinks he’s all that and a bag of chips.” She smiled. “His younger son, though, that’s a different story. I know of a couple who think that of him.” She walked behind the chair, rolled the small cart which contained the nitrous equipment closer. “Now then. Being as you’re not exactly a solid customer with the dentist, I’m going to suppose that you’ve never had laughing gas.”

“Not that I remember. My brother has...but not at a dentist. He worked at a soda shop and they used it to make their whipped cream.” He chuckled. “Most of the time anyway.”

She laughed. “Are you suggesting that a few liters may have found their way into your brother’s lungs?”

He nodded. “Before they started using the canned stuff, anyway. Someone darned near asphyxiated on it, a parent sued, and...” He sighed. “A guy just can’t have fun anymore, I guess.”

“But you’ve never had it.”

He shook his head. “I’m not exactly into...intoxicants.” A strange word, one his father used frequently, which was sort of strange for a man whose liquor locker stayed well-stocked. Also locked, thought that lock had been defeated long ago by Derek Devereaux, Dillon’s older brother. But for Dillon it remained true; he’d never even had so much as a sip of alcohol outside of the communion wine at the church.

She lay a hand on his shoulder. “Well, perhaps you should be.” She grinned. “Life is too short to be sober all the time. And this is the perfect place and time for you to experience it.”

He looked back at her. “Seriously?”

“Why, certainly! I’ll be with you the whole time, and on the very remote chance that something did happen, well, we have Doctor Peggy right next door.”

With impeccable timing, the door to the office opened. “I distinctly heard my name invoked.”

Margaret “Peggy” Parker walked in. The older sister (by a little more than a year) of Merry Parker, she was somewhat shorter, rounder, and possessed of a wide, constant smile and a warm, caring manner that made her a perfect doctor...which, of course, she was. But she didn’t exactly advertise, choosing to serve a specialized clientele. Out on Center Street, in fact, the busiest street in their bustling burg, the only indication of any specific physician in the MEDICAL BLDG was a small shingle hung from the brick front barely two feet across bearing the label, “M Parker, D.O.” in plain lettering. If you didn’t know the office was there, that she was inside, you’d drive right by without a second glance. And that was the way she and Merry preferred things. As previously noted, their clientele was...specialized.

Like Dillon.

“We’re ready, I think,” Merry said.

“Good, good,” Peggy said cheerily. “Dillon, am I right that you said you’d never had nitrous before? You’re about to have a treat, you are.”

“Well,” he said uncertainly. “I guess I’m ready.”

“You guess?” She smiled at patted his shoulder. “My dear, you’re going to enjoy this. Imagine...,” and she looked thoughtful for a moment, “imagine lying in a warm bath. The perfect temperature for you, scented bubbles, something you find wonderfully pleasant. You float, but without having to move at all to maintain a position. It’s rather like being in a waking dream. A very pleasant waking dream.” She looked down at him, her cheeks reddening just a touch, as if she were imagining herself in his position, and she very much liked the thought. “And you’ll be monitored throughout the process: EKG, EEG, blood pressure, and blood oxygen levels. Believe me, we’ll be taking very good care of you.“

“What does the gas smell like?”

“Truth be told, it doesn’t really have much of a smell. What you do smell is mostly the odor of the hoses and fixtures. But we can even fix that.” She reached into a drawer in the cart and produced several scent sticks. “I’ll just rub a little of one of these into your mask and that’s what you’ll smell. What’s your favorite smell?”

He looked over at Merry, smiled shyly. She understood immediately. “Oh, I think a dab of my perfume, used judiciously, might be just the ticket,” she said with a wink. “Don’t you agree, Dillon?”

He nodded and smiled.

“Just so,” said Peggy with a throaty chuckle. “Let’s get you prepped then. Merry?”

Bethany hesitated at the door, which lay beneath a wide breezeway. Were she seen, how would she explain her presence? Would she say she was lost? Looking for a certain doctor? Perhaps she was at the wrong address. God knows she’d done that before, she wasn’t exactly legendary for her sense of direction. Maybe claim she had a problem tooth and that she was looking for that dentist she’d seen so many years before? To be fair, he’d been the only dentist she’d ever seen before, and she hadn’t gone back. So maybe that wasn’t a very good idea.

Or maybe, just maybe, she could tell the truth. Say that she’d seen her friend walking in, and she’d hoped she could meet him here. That was certainly true enough. What she would do with him once she saw him, well, that was a different matter entirely. But she could be concerned about that if it happened.

But now. To make it happen.

She pulled open the door, half expecting it might be locked...being a back door and all. But no, it opened easily, perhaps too easily. She took a deep breath and stepped inside.

She found herself at the end of a hall that ran from where she stood to the front door, where she could see there was a small waiting area. At intervals along the hallway there were circular fluorescent tubes in translucent shades on the ceiling, but they were mostly subdued by the light coming in through the glass blocks that ran from the ceiling to just about the level of her eyes. It was surprisingly attractive, almost charming, and not as dated as the outside would make it seem. Several doors led from the right side wall, into the doctors’ offices, she supposed. Funny, there were only a few cars in the lot, but there were lights on everywhere, and muffled voices could be heard coming from behind a door just a few feet ahead.

Was he there? Did she dare to look?

Whether she did or didn’t have the necessary nerve became irrelevant a few seconds later when a woman in a lab coat walked through that very door, did a double-take on seeing Bethany, then seemed to recover and approached her with a warm smile on her round face. “Well, hello,” she said pleasantly. “I’m Doctor Parker. Did you have an appointment? I didn’t think I had any more appointments today.”

Do or do not.

Bethany opted for the truth. “Ummm...I have a friend...well, he’s kind of a friend...and I saw him come in here. I was sort of hoping I could...ummm, find him, and maybe talk to him.”

The woman narrowed her eyes, just for a moment, then asked, “What’s your friend’s name? Perhaps I can find out if he’s here.”

“Oh, could you? That would be great. His name is Dillon. Dillon Devereaux.”

To this, the doctor showed no reaction save a nod. “Well, dear, why don’t you sit up front in the waiting area? I’ll check and see if he’s here.” She smiled and winked. “Your boyfriend?”

Bethany lowered her head and grinned. “Noooooo...oh no. Well, not yet.”

“Oh...oh I see! Good for you, sweetheart!” She patted Bethany on the shoulder and ushered her toward the waiting area. “Good for you. I’ve never gotten to play Cupid before, but I’ll see what I can do for you, mmm hmm?”

“Thank you! Thanks a lot!” She walked away with an excited smile; Peggy Parker walked quietly back into the office with a thoughtful look.

Peggy hesitated for just a moment in the anteroom between the outside door and the office door. This was an unforeseen complication. Not necessarily unfortunate; the girl seemed pliable enough. Perhaps there was a way that they could make this work to their advantage.

She stepped through the office door and wasn’t entirely surprised to find her sister had raised her skirt and was now straddling their ‘patient’, working him gently. He had a happy smile playing on his lips, the only bits of his face she could easily see for the nasal hood, VR goggles, and headphones.

“Well,” she chuckled. “Someone looks like they’re having fun.”

“Him, or me?” Merry panted breathlessly.

“You know, you could have just handled this manually,” Peggy said, making stroking motions with her hand.

“I could’ve,” Merry admitted, “but he’s such a sweetie. And...I mean, those shorts.” She cocked a thumb behind her, indicating Dillon’s bike shorts, which had been slid to his ankles. “I’ve always had a thing for spandex, you know.”

“I know, and I deeply sympathize. Look though, I’m afraid we’ve a bit of a complication. A visitor.”

Merry turned her head sharply enough that her neck crackled in complaint. “A visitor? I thought the doors were locked.”

“The front door probably is. She came in the back door. Someone who says she knows Dillon.” Peggy smiled crookedly. “A prospective girlfriend, of all things.“

“Girlfriend? Dillon? The boy’s a virgin, for heaven’s sake.” Then she blushed. “Well, he was, anyway. Although strictly speaking, I suppose it might not count if it wasn’t entirely consensual.“

“Merry, please. He adores you. He’d have gone along with it even without the hypnosis, let alone the nitrous. Anyway, the girl is in the waiting room, and I think we need to address her.” She saw Merry’s disappointed look. “Right away. Dillon can wait.” She smiled. “If nothing else, it’ll add to the anticipatory factor. Build-up, you know.”

“Oh, I know,” she sighed. “But it doesn’t make it any easier for me.”

“What is it you always tell me? ‘Don’t get attached’?”

“I am not attached.” This, as she was busy detaching herself from Dillon.

“Umm hmm. Right, Merry.” She busied herself with her phone, which could display the building’s various hidden security cameras. “Anyway. Here’s your competition.” She held out the phone to Merry. “A little younger than you, methinks, and quite bashful. A lot like Dillon in that respect, no?”

Merry nodded, squinting at the screen. “Can you zoom it in just a bit?”

“Of course,” Peggy replied, doing so.

“Yes.” Merry’s voice went down an octave as she concentrated on the image. “Yes. I recognize her. Do you remember when I was talking to you last Saturday, when I was at the library with Dillon? And I was interrupted? This is the girl. Bethany. That’s her name.”

They looked at each other thoughtfully for just a moment.

“She was easy enough to manipulate,” Merry said softly, watching the image of Bethany. “I suppose I could do the same here, blank her memory, send her on her way...but...”

Peggy nodded. “It’s that ‘but’ that concerns me. First, I’m sure this is just a coincidence, but really, is it? If she is that interested in him, we’ll see her again in any case. Which means that it might be prudent to bring her into the fold.“

“It might,” Merry agreed. “It might at that. But how can we go about it and keep things from getting too...entwined?” She stopped on that word, smiled, and then repeated it: ”Entwined. Yes. Entwined. Maybe we ought to allow just that.“

“You mean...encourage it?”

Merry nodded. “It might well serve as a distraction for both of them. “And ultimately...give them both what they really want.”

Hmmm. And us as well. Yes, I think I see where you’re going with that,” Peggy said with an equally pleased look. “I do indeed. Hasten it, perhaps. We wouldn’t be doing anything untoward.“

“My thoughts exactly,” Merry agreed with a smile. “They’d get where the were already going. They’d just get there faster.”

“Perhaps I should take the first step here, being as she’s already familiar with my face. Would you be able to do an induction with her over the phone?”

Merry nodded, but uncertainly. “Probably I could, but it wouldn’t be as effective, I think. And we need certainly need it to be effective for this sort of thing.”

Another moment of shared thought. “Yes. Yes we...”

Peggy stopped speaking, watching the screen on the phone.

“What?” Merry prompted curiously. “What do you see?”

“She’s coughing,” Peggy said. “Rather strenuously.”

Merry nodded. “The pollen is a little thick this week,” she noted.

Peggy shook her head and smiled wickedly. “No. Not pollen. In my studied opinion, that looks more like incipient bronchitis.” She winked at her sister. “Or at least, that’s what I mean to convince her. And offer treatment, of course.” She nodded over at a locked cabinet on the wall.

Merry saw her, gave a little surprised gasp, and said, “Yes, I think that might do the trick. I think it might at that!”

Peggy walked over to the cabinet, unlocked it, and reached inside. “Aerosol, do you think? Or liquid?”

“Pills wouldn’t work fast enough, not for what I’d need to do. And the inhaler would be too abrupt. No, we need to move on this now.”

“Then it’s the liquid, then. Perfect under the circumstances, at least for the first few days. Then move her to the pills. It’s a small enough dose, so, administered daily...say around bedtime, it would certainly help keep her malleable. But you’re right, we need to begin immediately.” She took out three small bottles of a red liquid and a blister pack of pills, and placed them in her coat pocket. “I think it’s time for Doctor Parker to take charge.” She nodded toward Dillon and grinned. “In the meantime, perhaps you and your ‘patient’ can finish what you started.”

“I wish I had better news for you,” the Doctor told Bethany. “He is here, he’s in the dentist’s office. But he’ll be there for at least another hour, possibly two. He’s being evaluated for braces.”

“Wow,” Bethany sighed. “Well. I guess...”

“But listen,” the Doctor quickly added. “As I was walking up here, I heard you coughing. That sounded pretty severe, dear. You ought to have that seen to.”

“Well. Ummm. It’s probably just allergies. I mean, I’m...”

“Seriously,” the Doctor said patiently. “My name is Doctor Peggy Parker. I’m an osteopath.” She saw the look of confusion on Bethany’s face and added, “An MD, only more hands-on, you might say. It so happens that I just got a cancelled appointment, so I’m open and available. I’m always taking new patients, and I work on a sliding scale, which means nothing out of your pocket.” She smiled warmly. “I really would feel better if you’d let me examine you.”

“Seriously?”

“Absolutely. What I heard sounded like bronchitis, and you don’t want to mess around with something like that. Many times I’ve seen it turn into pneumonia in a few days, and then it’s off to the ICU and hope that they don’t have to intubate you. That can be quite ugly, dear.”

Bethany gave a very visible shudder. She enjoyed the job at the library, but the lack of health insurance was a major issue for her. She could only mooch off her parents for so long, and she sure couldn’t afford a hospital bill, let alone one that involved intensive care. Rent and utilities for her apartment was almost enough to break her financially.

“You’re sure you can do this?” she asked the Doctor. “I mean, I have no insurance or anything. I barely have a savings account.”

“Not a dime comes out of your pocket. Come with me, dear. It may be nothing at all, but it’s better to be sure.”

Bethany gave it barely an additional moment of thought before conceding.

Now she was home, and Bethany Waldron was pleased, convinced that she’d finally found a doctor she could trust. Peggy Parker was gentle and kind, listened intently to everything she’d said, and thoroughly gauged exactly what was going on in her body.

An MD, only more hands-on is how Doctor Parker had described herself, and that had certainly proved accurate. Had this been a male doctor, Bethany might’ve found the whole process...well, creepy. More than a little bit, in fact. Fingers palpitating her neck, hands on her back and chest while she was listening to her heart and breathing...warm hands, so warm, to be sure, but still...

Yet somehow...somehow, with Doctor Peggy, it was okay. More than okay, it was comforting. Soothing. An unspoken assertion that everything was going to be all right, that this woman would take care of her, see to it that anything that was troubling her would be remedied quickly, even pleasantly.

And the probing questions she asked. Strange, Peggy even seemed to be able to anticipate Bethany’s symptoms...almost as if she was suggesting them. Leading the witness! like they would object on the lawyer shows on TV. But surely, a responsible doctor would never do anything that. She was sure that everything Peggy had said was in Bethany’s best interests. She even seemed ready to—dare she even think it!—arrange a proper meeting with Dillon!

“Well, of course I know Dillon Devereaux,” Peggy had said. “Such a sweet young man. Not at all like his father.” She winked. “I can totally understand, dear. If I wasn’t old enough to be his mother, I’d want to date him myself.”

“He is so nice,” Bethany sighed. “Sometimes I think the only thing he ever does is read. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, and it does get him into the library.” She smiled bashfully. “But I used to see him at school and he always seemed to want to keep apart from everyone. I mean, everybody ran with a group of some kind or another, even me. But not him. And if he saw anyone coming that looked like they wanted to talk to him, he’d turn the other direction and walk away. I used to think it was rude, but the older I got, the more I figured, he had his reasons for doing it.”

Peggy had patted her hand. “Some people are like that,” she said. “Especially boys. They’re just naturally closeted. To him, it was important enough at the time. But I promise you, it will pass. He’s growing up, just like we all do.” She smiled and winked again. “Eventually, anyway. The point is, to make sure you’re close to him when he open up that door. I bet I can help in that regard. But first, let’s make sure you’ll be able to be there.“

Bethany sat on the edge of her bed, remembering the Doctor’s instructions:

She’d held a small bottle filled with a thick, red syrup. “This is a sample of a new cough medicine. Take this—the whole bottle, that’s one dose—at seven PM tonight, and take it on an empty stomach. It will work faster and more thoroughly that way. 7 PM, on the dot. Remember, on an empty stomach, food interferes with how it works. Same with these,” she said, producing a blister pack of pills. “These are powerful antibiotics that work specifically on the sort of bacteria that cause lung infections. Now, I don’t want you to take one of these tonight; tonight, I want you to do nothing but get a full night’s sleep. You need all the rest you can get right now, and the syrup contains some pretty powerful stuff. No driving, no working, no nothing when you’re taking it! I’ve given you enough samples for three days; after that, we’ll have to evaluate you again. Starting Monday, I want you to take one of the pills, one a night, again at 7 PM promptly. Save the last bottle of syrup till you need it.”

“That’s it?” Bethany asked.

“Almost. Tonight, just after seven, I’ll have one of our group respiratory therapists call you. She’ll guide you through some breathing exercises over the phone to help strengthen and clear your lungs.”

“You mean, like breathing lessons?”

There had been a pause, then a chuckle. “Breathing lessons. Yes, like that. Sometimes we all need a little coaching on even the simplest of things. Oh, do have some earphones handy; equal chance is, you’ll fall asleep during the exercises. Don’t worry about that, it happens all the time, and you’ll need your sleep tonight anyway. That cough syrup will positively knock you out. Be very sure you’re either in or close to bed when you take it."

Breathing lessons. Well, Bethany supposed she’d heard of stranger things. And maybe it wasn’t a bad idea after all.

As for the cough medicine, the Doctor hadn’t been exaggerating about it. Lucky thing that Bethany was off on Sundays and Mondays...also that she’d visited the bathroom just before going to bed! Only a few minutes after she’d finished the thick, sweet, fruity-tasting syrup (cherry? strawberry?) she’d lay down, and a pleasant wooziness began to settle upon her. Not overwhelming, the Doctor had warned her that it was sort of sneaky like that, just a little at a time, but undeniable, and irresistible.

And, eventually, complete.

But she didn’t want to resist. Even less so when the phone call came, just a few minutes after seven, as promised.

She already had her earbuds in. “Hello?” she answered sleepily.

“Bethany? Bethany Waldron? This is the respiratory therapist from Doctor Parker’s office. I’ve been asked to guide you through some breathing exercises. Is now a good time?”

“Yes,” Bethany said. “Yes, I’m ready.”

“That’s good. I expect you’ll be lying down now, nice and ready to be relaxed. Are you?”

“Yes, Ma’am, I am,” Bethany sighed. It wasn’t as if she had a whole lot of choice; that cough medicine was powerful.

“Very good. Very good. Then we’ll just get going right away.”

There was a moment’s pause, then the woman’s voice began with, “Now Bethany, we’re going to begin by taking three long, slow deep breaths in through your nose. I’ll have you hold that breath to a count of three, then you’ll let it out, only through your mouth. In through your nose, out through your mouth. Do you understand?”

“Yes Ma’am.”

“Good girl.” The voice was soft, deep, and sultry...and authoritative. Hearing the words ‘good girl’ gave Bethany a peculiar twinge....not unpleasant, but unexpected. It happened again when the woman repeated, “Good girl. Now, breath in deeply through your nose. Very deep, completely filling your lungs. It might be a bit uncomfortable, but we must encourage them to expand to their fullest. It’s very important to stretch them out, to exercise them, just like any other part of your body...all the way in...and now, hold for one...two...three, and let it out through your mouth. All that air coming out now. All the air coming out.

“Now, we’re going to do this again, Bethany, only this time when you hold your breath, I want you to summon all of the tension in your body, all of the stress, all of the worries and concerns, and have it all make its way into your lungs. Every bit of that unpleasantness from everywhere in your body, let it find its way into your lungs, where it will mix with the air, and then, when you release it on my command, all of it will be expelled along with the air. Ready? Let’s begin...inhale through your nose, slowly, deliberately, bringing in the air, filling those lungs again, filling them even more full than the first time, filling them completely and...holding that breath inside you, allowing the tension now to make its way into that breath for three...two...one...and, slowly, let it all out, feeling all of that tension leave your body now.

“It’s such a lovely, peaceful feeling, isn’t it Bethany? To feel relaxed, at ease, ready to listen and obey my commands. Because you know what I’m doing for you here is in your best interests and for your greatest good. You know and accept that, don’t you Bethany?”

“Yes,” she sighed. It was so difficult to talk now, she just wanted to listen, to hear the next silken words that would issue from this woman’s mouth.

“Good girl,” the woman purred, once again eliciting that wonderful tingle in Bethany’s body. “Goooood girl. Once more now, just one more set of deep breaths. I sense that you still have just the tiniest bit of tension inside you, dear, and we’re going to get rid of it, you and I, aren’t we?”

“Yes Ma’am,” Bethany murmured.

“That’s right. Exactly right. ‘Yes Ma’am’ is exactly what I want to hear in response from you. It makes you feel good to say it, doesn’t it?”

It did, so she said it again: “Yes Ma’am.”

“That’s a good girl. A very good girl. Now, one more time for me: a long, deep breath in through your nose. Fill those lungs completely and fully. Completely and fully...aaaaaand...hold. Hold that breath, dear, hold it till that last bit of tension scoots out of the most distant parts of your body and mixes with that breath. An extra second or two, you can hold your breath that long, I know you can...and, then...finally...let it out through your mouth. Slowly, slowly, not too fast, we don’t want that tension to hover in the air above you. It must be given a chance to disperse. Gently, gently, till it’s all out, aaaaaand...finally, you can breathe normally and naturally. Normally and naturally, dear. Normally and naturally.”

There was a pause. Bethany lay there, her body motionless on every level except perhaps molecularly. This little detail did not occur to her, though under any other circumstances in her conscious mind it might’ve; she was prone to pithy thoughts such as that. But today, right this minute, she lived only for the next words that would issue from her earbuds. Which in just a moment became engaged in the process of verbally soothing, unwinding, and encouraging every single part of her body to relax even more fully. It was an excruciatingly slow process, deliciously slow, and again, had she been so inclined, her librarian’s mind might’ve considered the parallels to seduction. But she was beyond the ken of such thoughts.

The voice. The voice was all that mattered.

And after what seemed like hours, that voice finally concluded with, “Bethany dear, are you still with me?”

“Yes Ma’am,” Bethany replied in a barely audible tone.

“That’s wonderful, dear. Just wonderful. Do you feel better now? Is your breathing nice and regular?”

“Yes Ma’am,” Bethany repeated.

“That’s fine. Excellent. And how do you feel right now?”

“I feel wonderful.

“Oh, that makes me very happy, Bethany. Very, very happy. You’ve been such a good, obedient girl. I’m very proud of you, so very proud. You’re doing so very well. Now, I have a few tasks for you. Things that will make you feel even better, help you to continue to get better day by day. You want to continue to feel better day by day, don’t you?” Bethany of course acknowledged that she did, so the coaxing voice continued, “You’re dressed for bed right now, aren’t you, dear? What are you wearing?”

“A long t-shirt,” Bethany sighed.

“Nothing else?”

“No Ma’am.”

She could almost picture the woman at the other end of the phone line nodding in pleasure. “Good. That’s very good, Bethany. This is how I want you to be dressed every time I call. And I will be calling you every night, dear, for the next several nights. Every night. We must make sure you feel better and better. Better and better, Bethany. And you will, dear. You will. And all you need to do is what you’re doing for me right now, relaxing and listening carefully to every word I say to you. Listening and obeying. Listening and obeying. You’ll do that for me, won’t you, Bethany dear?”

Oh yes she would. “Yes Ma’am.”

“What will you be doing for me?”

“Listening and obeying,” Bethany whispered.

“Good girl. Goooooood girl.”

Again, the wonderful, warm twinge those words brought about...only now, it was centered primarily between her legs.

And the owner of that voice...it knew.

“You feel it, don’t you, dear? That lovely feeling of arousal? It’s wonderful, isn’t it?“

It most certainly was. “Yes Ma’am.”

“Doesn’t it make you want to...do something? Something nice? To yourself?”

It did. Oh yes, it did.

“Why don’t you then, dear?” Just a question, not a command.

Not yet, anyway.

“It’s all right, sweetheart,” the voice urged gently. “It’s perfectly all right. Pleasure is a natural followup to obedience, dear. And you’ve certainly been obedient. So, go ahead...reach down, slowly, and stroke yourself for me.”

In a whisper now: “Yes Ma’am.”

And Bethany did as she was told.

“That’s it,” the voice encouraged her. “That’s it. Let me hear you do it. As loud as you like, especially if you’re in a place you won’t be heard...I want to know how much you’re enjoying yourself.”

“Oh!” she exclaimed softly. The very idea was...exciting. Pleasuring herself to a voice over the phone! Not that she had any choice in the matter, that much was clear, but...oh! It was like, what was it called, phone sex? Guys did that, didn’t they? Well...why couldn’t it be for women too? She moaned gently as the pleasure began to build.

“That’s it, dear. You’re such a good, obedient girl. You’re doing so well. Use two hands, if you like; do whatever makes you feel the best. Feel those lovely waves of pleasure gently washing over you. It’s wonderful, just to allow yourself to feel so good. And that’s what we’re doing here, Bethany, we’re allowing you to feel good. Something maybe that you’ve never allowed for yourself. But you see, it’s all right now, here, for me...and soon, perhaps you’ll be joined by someone who’ll do it for you. With you. Would you like that?“

“Oh yes,” Bethany moaned. “Yes. Yes, I would.”

“Maybe...maybe Dillon? Would you like it if Dillon joined you, did this to you?“

Yes!” Bethany cried.

“I can make that happen, you know,” said the voice. “I can. He likes you, Bethany. He really likes you, he’s just too shy to say it.“

“Does...” A muffled gasp. “Does he...does he really?

“He does, dear. He does. A lot. And soon you’ll see. Very soon.”

Dillon likes me!

Two fingers, then. Three. In and out of her moistening vagina, gently circling the sensitive clitoris. She barely was aware what exactly she was doing——it was as if a pair of spectral hands were guiding her——but it didn’t matter, did it? All that mattered was that it felt good. And it did, oh, yes it did, and soon she was moaning, moaning with increasing intensity...and volume, as she imagined Dillon doing it to her. Doing this...and other things. Other, even more wonderful things...

“That’s it, dear,” the voice coaxed in a tone that approximated a growl. “That’s it. You’re doing so well. Make it happen now. Be a good girl for me and make it happen.”

“Oh!” Bethany groaned, her body beginning to spasm. “Oh...my...goodness...!“

Now, Bethany. Cum now.“

As if an internal trigger had been pulled, Bethany did just that. She also cried out...not quite a scream, well south of a shriek, but not far from either. Just loud enough for the voice on the other end of the phone line to know exactly what had happened.

There was a moment of contemplative silence, before the voice finally came back with, “That was wonderful, wasn’t it Bethany?”

“Yessssss,” Bethany sighed, exhaustion and satisfaction leaving her on the razor’s edge of consciousness.

Another moment or two of silence. Then: “Yes. That was so nice. So very nice. And now, it’s time to rest, Bethany. Time for you to get that lovely, restorative sleep you need so very much. You’ll sleep a full night, dear, as much as your body needs. Your body knows best, listen to it. And when you wake up in the morning, you’ll feel so wonderful and so refreshed, so satisfied. You won’t consciously remember anything of what happened tonight, but this feeling will remain. You understand, don’t you, dear?”

“Oh yes,” Bethany sighed.

“Oh yes,” the voice repeated. “What you will remember, is our doing your breathing exercises together, and how good they made you feel. But you’ll remember nothing else. Now: tell me what you’ll remember when you wake up, sweetheart.“

“I’ll remember our doing my breathing exercises together,” Bethany said sleepily. “And how good they made me feel.”

“And what else?”

“Nothing else. I will remember nothing else.”

“Good girl. That’s wonderful. Now, tomorrow evening, you’re to be right where you are now, ready to do this again. You’ll do that for me, won’t you?”

Mounting drowsiness notwithstanding, Bethany felt a sudden recurrence of that delicious tingling. “Yes Ma’am,” she responded. “I’ll be ready.”

“That’s good. Very good. I know you’ll be ready for me. Take your medicine before just like the Doctor instructed you, and wait for me to call. Repeat that for me, darling.”

“I’ll take my medicine just like the doctor instructed me,” Bethany yawned. “And I’ll wait for you to call.”

“Good girl. Such a good girl. Now, Bethany: close your eyes and sleep. Sleep and dream. Happy dreams, perhaps...dreams of what life with Dillon would be like. Will be like. He’s such a sweet boy, I know the two of you could be so happy together. Pleasant dreams, darling.”

Bethany Waldron never heard the connection close. She was already fast asleep.

Across town, Merry Parker listened to the deep, regular breathing on the other end of the line and smiled. That’s erotic in itself, she thought with a wide smile as she pressed the disconnect button.

“Well,” she said to her sister. “Are you satisfied?”

“Satisfied?” Peggy laughed. “That’s a most appropriate way to put it.” She felt between her legs. “Mercy! I do believe I’m a bit moist.”

“I am too,” Merry admitted wryly.

“That’s the first time I’ve ever sat in on a phone sex session before. Or even considered it.”

“And my first time for participating in one. Tell me, how long will the syrup affect her?”

“Not long,” Peggy said. “Another hour or two. It passes through the system very quickly. Better still, there’s no lingering after effects. I’d prefer not to use it more than a day or two at most. I instructed her to take it again tomorrow, then she’s to start in on the pills. That’s a maintenance dose. She can keep the last bottle of syrup for contingency.”

“Good. Here’s hoping we don’t need it.”

“Agreed. And speaking of ‘contingency’, how did our other ‘patient’ take to his treatment today?”

Merry Parker smiled broadly. “Quite well. Quite well indeed. Let me tell you all about it...”