The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

(Author’s Note: Written for yet another MCForum Expo, this one based on an iconic picture. Believe me, you do NOT want to see the picture :—) A hit and miss attempt at second person POV. Every inspiring writer ought to try it at least once, so you can see how difficult it is and why so few writers use it)

Making the Best of a Bad Situation

mc mf

Miss Delgado? From the EPA, you say? I’m Dora.

Hey, Pa, come see, the gubmint finally sent someone over! Yeah. Three weeks ago, you called, right? Yeah, it was just after the big rain that almost come up to the back door of the trailer! Make sure you bring an extra glass!

Sorry, Ma’am, come right in. My husband’ll be right out. He’s in the back fixin’ some tea. Just go ahead and have a sit down on the couch over here. Sorry for the mess, but we’re finally fixin’ ta move over to the farm next door. Yeah, the big one with the fancy fencin’ and driveway and such. Belongs to the Widow Pearson, but she got herself lots of room.

We was thinkin’ you folks forgot all about us, not that they’s a big deal or nothin’. It worked itself out on its own. But, yeah, I figure you gotta fill out the proper forms and such seeing as you come all the way out here.

Pa, that tea finished yet! God Almighty, that man is slow as a mule. This lady ain’t got all day!

Anyway, I guess I’ll just go ahead and start without him. We got a crick that runs back aways behind the trailer and off past the old Morgan’s

Farm ain’t no one lived in for years and years. The crick is dry most times, but every once in a while when we get a lot of rain, it fills up for a day or two and runs off down under the road out front and down into the river about a quarter mile away. Last month we had a big, big rain and the crick fills almost up to the top, but we don’t think nothin’ of it, ‘cause that just what it does when it rains.

That’s a nice dress, if you don’t mind me sayin’ so. You make it yourself? Oh, I don’t mean nothin’ by it, just noticin’. I used to make all our clothes myself. But now we’s movin’ in with the Widow Pearson, I ain’t gotta do it no more. Good thing, too, ‘cause my fingers ain’t nearly as young as they used to be. I had really nice hands like yours back in the day. I really like that color of red you got on the nails. But enough about that.

Hey, Pa, you about finished yet?! Oh, here he comes. Good. I’m gettin’ thirsty with all this yammerin’. Pa makes some really good stuff. I hope you don’t mind lots of lemon. He can get you more sugar if you want. Sit down, Pa, I was just tellin’ Miss Delgado here about the crick and the rain. Pa don’t say a whole lot. He had a problem with his throat a couple years back and is kindly embarrassed about the way he sounds. But I talk enough for the both of us.

So, where was I? Oh, yeah, the crick filled up right proper from the rain. But the next day, there comes a really awful terribly smell from somewhere up the crick about halfway between the trailer and the old Morgan place. Our youngest, Bill, used to play in the crick bed a lot when he was younger and one time he followed it all the way past the old farm and said that it ended at the old Mudville Industries plant back before it was bought out by those big city folks a couple of years back and turned into Lord knows what. But we’d never seen any nasty stuff come up this way in all the years we been here, so we never thought nothin’ of it.

You like that tea, huh? Yeah, like I said, Pa makes it really good. We always thought about maybe trying to sell it to someone, like that Snapple stuff and maybe now that we an’t got to work the field no more we’ll have some time to do it. Now, Pa, don’t get all red like that. He never could take people talkin’ good about him without gettin’ all red in the face.

Anyway, this awful smell is coming from the crick and Billy goes about to see what kind of dead stuff is makin’ the smell. But instead of a punch of possums or coons or such, he comes back with a pail full of this nasty brown goopy stuff that stinks to high heaven. Yeah, I know, but he’s all of sixteen and who can tell with kids. So I tell him to go back and throw it back into the crick and he says I gotta come see. So I hold my nose and wander back there through the mud and water like a damned fool so as to stop his yammerin’ at me.

And, sure enough, this brown stuff is sitting on the top of the crick water like one of those oil slick things you see on the teevee news. There’s not a whole lot of it, really, just about enough to stretch from one side of the crick to the other and maybe about as long as this trailer. But the crazy thing is that the water is moving like running water moves, but this smelly brown stuff is just barely creepin’ along like it was in no hurry ta get to the river. So I’m thinkin’ that we’re all gonna die and start to run back to tell Pa to call you people so maybe we can get a nice new FEMA trailer or something like the folks during Katrina.

Yeah, okay, I guess you can look at me like that now, but it really did smell really terrible. And Billy is yammerin’ away about some Stephen King story about this oil slick thing that eats teenagers and goes and throws one of the stray cats out back right into the middle of it! Just to see if it got eaten, I guess. Like I said, who can tell with teenagers? I mean, we try and raise ‘em right, but sometimes kids are just gonna be kids. So I’m yellin’ and screamin’ at him about how you ought not throw cats into man-eating brown smelly oil slicks and Pa comes a runnin’ through the mud to see what all the fuss is about. Now Pa’s a kind soul who ain’t never been one to let even an old alley cat drown and he’s wearin’ his waders and doesn’t let a second go by before he’s out knee deep into brown smelly muck to get this cat. Meanwhile, this cat is right pissed ‘cause one minute he’s mindin’ his own beeswax and the next he’s tryin’ ta keep from drownin’ in God knows what.

Anyway, to make a long story short, this brown muck stuff is smelly and oily but it doesn’t eat the cat. Or, Pa, for that matter, thank the Lord. But the poor cat is covered in this goopy brown crap and is all kinds of upset when Pa hauls him out of the crick. But Pa has a way with critters and grabs some old rags and the hose and in five minutes it’s purring and rubbing itself all over him. One happy cat. Which is more than I can say for Billy, who knows he’s in for a whuppin’, which is why he up and dissappears for the rest of the day. Later on, I come around the trailer to feed the dogs and this old cat is still standing by the back door like he belongs here or somethin’.

So, you want some more tea? Oh, we have plenty more. I think I’ll have some more myself. All this talkin’s got me a bit hoarse. But you gotta hear the rest, ‘cause it’s just about to get really good.

Okay, so I’m feeding the dogs and Pa wanders over and he has this whole ritual thing he does when he feeds the dogs. He’s taught ‘em to do all sorts of tricks and such before they get to eat. Sometimes he talks to ‘em, but ‘cause of his throat, most of the time he just gives hand signals. Now the older dogs are smarter ‘cause they’ve been doin’ it longer, but sometimes he just makes them all do the same things. Roll over. Lay down. Sit. That kinda thing. But the older ones can even give high fives and tens and such. Feedin’ time around here can be a real circus. Anyway, he’s doin’ this whole jump, lay, sit, thing and I look over and darned if that cat isn’t doin’ everything the dogs were! You ever see a cat try and sit, lay down and roll over? It’s a sight, let me tell you. So we think this cat must’ve escaped from some carny or something, because regular old tom cats just don’t do that kind of thing. Or we would’ve thought that if we hadn’t known this cat had been around here for years.

Don’t believe me? Heck, I wouldn’t believe me either. Ha! Watch.

Here, Smokey! Smokey! Yeah, he knows his name and always comes when we call. Hey, Smokey. Good boy. Roll over. That’s a good cat. Lay down. Good boy. Jump! Yeah, that’s a good kitty.

See. Amazing, right? So we thought that maybe this cat thinks he’s a dog or got smart watching all the other dogs. I guess cats can do that. Isn’t that the strangest thing you ever saw? Anyway, now we can’t get rid of him. He just sits there on the front porch waiting for Pa or me to come out and-

But I guess you really aren’t all that keen on stupid cat tricks, huh? Okay, back to the phone call. Well, like I said, we was thinking that maybe that stuff was dumped in there by whatever the city folks turned that Mudville plant into, so Pa says we ought to call you up just in case it does something nastier than smell bad, though the cat didn’t seem all that messed up by it. Health-wise, anyway. So he gets on the phone and sits on hold forever until finally he gets all fed up and leaves that voice mail thing. I guess that’s why you’re here, huh?

Well, you go ahead and keep scribbling. I got more to the story. It gets more weird, believe me. Later that night, Billy finally drags himself in after Pa’s already gone to bed to spare hisself the whuppin’. And he’s got this huge grin on his face, which as a mama I know can’t be all that good and I say I won’t let him in ‘till he tells me where he’s been all day. He finally says he’s been over to the Benford place to see Johnny and Cindy and tell them all about the smelly brown goopy stuff that doesn’t eat people. They must’ve been terribly bored, ‘cause he says they all came over, and then Billy tells me somethin’ I just know he’s fibbin’ about.

He tells me that the three of ‘em went down on the other side of the crick and Johnny double dogged dared Cindy to go down to the edge of the crick and touch the stuff. Now, Cindy’s as tomboy as they come for seventeen and ought to be into boys and such but ain’t figured that stuff out yet, I guess. Anyway, long story short, she’s more a boy than Johnny and beats up all the smaller kids, my Billy included, and she ain’t exactly the kind of girl to turn down a double dog dare. Especially when Billy tells her nothin’ happened to the cat. I guess she believed him, why I haven’t the foggiest. Anyway, Billy says she goes down to lean down to stick her hand in the crick, and Johnny sneaks up behind her and shoves her in headfirst!

Now, being the smart one, Johnny runs like hell to get as far away as he can, laughing all the way home. Billy swears he had no idea Johnny was gonna do that and I believe him as much as I believe any part of his bullcrap story because he says he was too scared to run and that sounds just like my Billy, swear to God. So he says Cindy pulls herself out of the muck, yelling and screaming about all the nasty things she’s gonna do to Johnny when she catches up to him. But seeing she didn’t know which way she ran, she turns to Billy and decides the two of them were in cahoots and commences to whap him right and left and up and down. So he tells me he already got whupped one time today so Pa don’t need to bother. Which is the only reason I think he just may be tellin’ the truth. Well, that and because, sure enough, he got two or three pretty good bruises on his face.

I see that look on your face and I know it sounds like it don’t really matter much, so far as it goes. But it gets better. I get to wonderin’ if he’s tellin’ the truth and if he is, why he got this big huge smile on his face when he just got a whuppin’. And, besides, he was gone half the day and it don’t take but an hour to do all the stuff he said he was doing. But I figure he’s had enough for one day, and let it go. I figured I could call Missus Benford in the morning and straighten it all out. Tomboy or not, Cindy don’t deserve bein’ tossed in the crick.

So next morning, I’m about to call Johnny’s mom and lo and behold, who shows up at the door but Cindy Benford. At least, I thought it was Cindy. I never saw her in such a dress, even on Sunday! Her hair was all prettied up and she must’ve been wearing a pair of her mom’s old high heels ‘cause I’m pretty sure she never owned a pair of her own in her life. So she asks me if Billy’s here and could he come out. I swear to God, I almost fell on my face right then and there. I tell her to come in and I need to talk to her before I go and wake up Billy.

So she comes in and sits down right where you are and I come out and ask her right away if Johnny pushed her into the crick. I swear her face gets all red and she says yeah, he did. Then I ask her if she gave Billy a whuppin’ and her face gets even more red and she says she did but is really, really sorry. I laugh and tell her she don’t need to be sorry, ‘cause he probably deserved it. Then she gets all hot and bothered and goes on and on about what a great guy Billy is and that he don’t ever deserve to get beat up and how she always had a crush on him and so on and so forth and all the time I’m sitting here not believing a word of it. It just don’t sound right. So I come right out and ask her exactly what happened.

You feel okay, Miss Delgado? Okay, yeah, I know this all sounds like it don’t add up to nothing that should concern you, but believe me, you really need to hear this. Why don’t you just keep scribbling and I’ll tell you all about it. And don’t mind Pa. This is his favorite part. Don’t pay him no mind. He just loves to hear the story, almost as much as I love tellin’ it. I think you’ll like it too. In fact, I’m almost sure you’ll like it.

So Cindy is sitting there, right where you are now, and I’m sitting here right where I am now. I come right out and ask her exactly what happened. She looks at me kindly confused-like, and asks me if I’m sure I want to hear the whole story. I tell her I really want to hear it. She looks down at her knees. They were skinned a bit ‘cause like I said, she was a tomboy and played football and such with the boys and I doubt she hardly ever wore anything but jeans, so her bare knees kind of stood out if you know what I mean. She asks me again if I’m really sure I want to here the whole story. I think she might have been starting to cry a bit, but I must not have been in a great mood and maybe I yelled a bit and told her straight out to tell me the whole story.

So she did. The whole time, she looked down at her knees, or maybe the floor. I don’t exactly remember. She said that Johnny double dog dared her to bend over and put her hand in the crick and when she did, he pushed her in. I told her that Billy told me that part of the story and I was glad he was telling the truth about that part, at least. Then she said she climbed out on her own and didn’t see which way her brother went, so she went after Billy. She said she knew it was the wrong thing to do and she started crying and asked if I still wanted her to keep talking. I said of course I wanted to know what happened and if she was responsible for giving Billy a whuppin’. She said she did. Then she stopped talking and put her arms around herself like she was hugging herself. I figured there was something she wasn’t telling me and was startin’ to get worried.

So I came right out and told her to tell me what happened next. Bein’ a mother and a girl myself a long time back, I thought I had a pretty good idea about why she kept asking me if I wanted to know the whole thing, but it turns out that I really didn’t. But I do now. As soon as I came right out and told her to tell me, she started talking so fast that I could hardly keep up.

She said she slugged Billy three times before he hit the ground and then she jumped on him and started whuppin’ on him all over again. Billy started crying, which did sound a lot like Billy, I’m sorry to say. But we always taught him not to fight girls and she says that he kept trying to get up and run away, but she grabbed him by the arms and started kicking him. Finally, Billy started whining for her to stop and she did. She told me she didn’t know exactly why she stopped whuppin’ him, but she did. He got up and started to run away, but tripped over a tree root and fell down again. Yep, that’s my Billy, I thought. Then he got back up and ran away again.

Oh, I see you probably still think this doesn’t have anything to do with you, Miss Delgado, but it does. Why don’t you have another glass of tea? On second thought, here, have mine. I insist. You probably don’t need to scribble anymore, though. It’d just be wasting paper. I’m just getting to the good part. Why don’t you watch Pa while you drink your tea and listen to the rest of the story. Yes, just like that. Much better, don’t you think? Pa he likes it when people watch. If you’re feeling a little hot, I understand. You can take off the coat. Or anything else you feel like taking off.

Now, where was I? Oh, yeah, Cindy was telling me she was sitting on the ground next to the crick when Billy ran away. She wanted to run after him, but she didn’t. And she didn’t exactly know why she didn’t. She stayed there for a long time, just sitting on the ground wondering why she wasn’t chasing Billy or, better yet, running back to her house to whup on her little brother. A while later, she saw Billy come back down to the crick. She figured he was wondering why she wasn’t chasing him. She was wondering that too. He came right out and asked her why she wasn’t wuppin’ on him and she said that he told her to stop, so she stopped. All this time she was telling me this, she was hugging herself and crying a little bit. I could tell there was something else she didn’t want to tell me, but I was really wanting to know everything now. And I told her so.

As it turns out, Billy is a lost smarter than Pa and I gave him credit for. Sneaky too. He figured it out pretty quick. I guess that’s what happens when you’re a teenager and read a lot of horror books. Lots of imagination. He must have got it from Pa. Anyway, that’s not here or there. Billy didn’t take much time at all to ask her if she stopped because he told her to. She said she wasn’t sure, but she thought that’s why she stopped.

Then he told her to stand up and she stood up. He asked her if she still wanted to whup on him and she said yes. Except now she wanted to whup on him ever more than ever. He asked her if she was scared. She said of course she was scared. Then I interrupted her and asked her if she was scared about telling me the story. She shook a little and nodded her head and whispered that she was.

Are you a little scared, Miss Delgado? Of course you are. Isn’t it nice to be so honest, especially in your line of work? You really didn’t have to answer that. It was rhetorical. Yeah, I learned that word in seventh grade. Now be a nice government employee and smile for Pa. After all, he pays his taxes every April.

Anyway, Cindy told me that Billy asked her why she wasn’t going to whup him even though she wanted to and she said she didn’t exactly know why. Then Billy asked her if she liked him. She said she liked him well enough, but not then and there. So then Billy asks her why she don’t run away. She says she don’t know why. So Billy walks up to her real slow just in case she’s lyin’, but she still don’t either try and whup up on him or run away. But he sees she’s shakin’ like it’s her that’s really scared of him and he says that maybe she really ain’t lyin’.

Anyway, at this part of her story to me, she starts shakin’ probably just like she was back when it first happened and I start to thinkin’ she’s more worried about me findin’ out what happened than what happened itself, if you know what I mean. And the tears all start fallin’ and she starts beggin’ me not to ask her to say what happened next. But I got a pretty good idea myself, ‘cause she’s all dressed up pretty and such and she never come over here askin’ for Billy unless they was all short for a football game or somethin’. So I figure she and Billy got all heated up and she don’t want to talk about it. But if she don’t want to talk about it, I ain’t twistin’ her arm or nothin’.

So I come right out and ask her why she ain’t just stopped tellin’ me the story if she don’t want to tell the story. But she just tears up more and says she can’t stop tellin’ once I tell her to, which don’t make a lot of sense to me. But let me tell you somethin’ else, Miss Government All HIgh and Mighty, somethin’ more powerful was goin’ on just about then. Seein’ her sittin’ there all teary-eyed over not wantin’ to tell me something, but doin’ it ‘cause I tell her too got all my skin crawlin’. But in a good way. It ain’t easy to describe exactlly, but my throat went all dry and all that water ended up somewhere else. I figure this is probably all jumbled up and confusin’ to ya, but I have a hard time keepin’ my mind all straight when that water starts flowin’ down there.

Speakin’ of which, you can stop lookin’ at Pa now, and look at me for a while. ‘Cause I can see those tears just about to start runnin’ down your own pretty red cheeks, darlin’. Damn, if it don’t start this way every time Pa and me tell this story to someone else the minute they figure out where it’s goin’. I remember when we told Widow Pearson the first time, she nearly broke down and crawled off into a ball. Probably would’ve too, if I hadn’t told her she couldn’t...

But that was back a week or so and it gets a bit harder every time I tell it, so we gotta come up with new ways to keep the story fresh, you see. So I was talkin’ to Pa just this mornin’ and we decided the next time I told it, we’d make kindly a game out of it. And I figure this is just as good a time as any to start. So, Miss Delgado, I’m gonna start on my story again, but you’re gonna play like you’re Cindy, as best you can. Oh, don’t be like that, it’ll be fun. When I tell the story, you’re gonna do all the stuff Cindy says she did, just for Pa and me. But you’ll have to start by standing up, ‘cause Cindy was standing up by the crick when Billy first figured it out. You already got the shakes and water runnin’ down your cheeks, so you’re halfway there already!

Yeah, that’s right, stand right up. Cindy had a jeans and a shirt on instead of a nice skirt and blouse, but I bet you can make do with what you got. Since Billy ain’t here, you can pretend Pa’s about thirty years younger and got all his hair. I think he’d like that.

So, anyway, Billy figures that this smelly slimy stuff got to be some kind of magic drug or somethin’ that makes someone follow orders, ‘cause Cindy ain’t moved since he told her to stop whuppin’ on him. At least that’s what he tells Cindy, then she tells me. But he figures he has to start slow just in case he’s wrong and he might get that whuppin’ after all, so he tells Cindy to turn around. And she does! Then he still ain’t fully convinced, so he tells her to jump up and down like a frog. You might have to do that one in place, ‘cause there ain’t much room here. Hahah, I never get tired of the frog part. It’s just so silly to see a US of A employee lookin’ like Kermit.

So then Billy gets braver, ‘cause Cindy would probably rather eat mud than jump like a frog, so he tells her to take off her shirt. And his mouth just about drops open when she grabs the bottom of her shirt, which was still all wet and muddy and such from fallin’ in the crick, and she pulls it up over her head. No, darlin’ don’t exactly do the same thing, ‘cause you’ll rip your blouse. But you get the idea. Cindy ain’t got your boobies, that’s for sure. Our tax money pay for those? Oh, no, nevermind, Pa. He don’t get to see stuffed boobies much, though I expect that’ll change in the near future. Billy didn’t feel Cindy up until three orders later, Pa!

Men! I swear, I never believed a sixteen year old boy’d have more patience than his daddy. I guess it’s a good thing he don’t talk much. I bet it took Billy a few minutes to get up the courage to even get her to take off her bra. He’s such a wimp, my Billy, bless his heart. I bet he never even saw any before then, ‘cept in those dirty old magazines he keeps under his bed. Yeah, darlin’, don’t look at me like that, you can take yours off too now. Dang, Pa, you’re a gettin’ ahead again.

What’s that, Pa?

Aww, okay, if that’s the way you want it.

Sorry, darlin’, I guess we got ta start skippin’ around. You see, when I told Pa about the whole Cindy thing, he went out and took a switch to Billy and got him to tell him the whole thing, ‘cept in more detail. Then he got the idea for the tea, you see. Yeah, Pa’s got himself a great imagination too. But since he can’t talk too well, he gets me to do the talking for him and I gotta hurry things up here, ‘cause he’s the boss, you know. He just usually lets me take my time ‘cause he loves me and knows it’s what gets my water movin’ and us women take just a bit longer, you know.

So, it really comes down to this. Billy figured that Cindy would pretty much do whatever he told her to do and once he got past that part, it really got moving. He told her to take off her pants and turn around and turn over, ‘cause he was gonna give her a really good whuppin’ to make up for the one she gave him. Yeah, you can bend over the edge of the sofa there. Pa gives out a pretty good whuppin’. With three boys, he got lots of practice. Never was much for it myself, or at least I wasn’t up until this last month. But it’s nice to have someone else around to take his mind off me. Besides, you got a nice fat butt for whuppin’. Mine’s kindly skinny.

So Billy starts a whuppin’ up on Cindy’s butt and she starts cryin’ some more, but Billy’s not really doin’ it for fun like Pa is now, he’s just doin’ it mainly ‘cause he figures Cindy probably likes it some. Dunno how he figured that, but Cindy told me that’s what he said, and, sure enough, she starts enjoyin’ it a little bit. So just when she’s gettin’ into it, of course, Billy stops and tells her to take off her undies so he can see how red her butt is. So she takes ‘em off and Billy’s eyes get all wide ‘cause he’s never seen a right proper pussy before except in those dirty magazines I was tellin’ you about. And most of those girls all shave, so seein’ Cindy was a real experience, what with all that hair. I guess you got lots of boyfriends, huh? Like those girls in the porn rags. What the kids call ‘em. “Landing strips?” Lots of airplanes goin’ in and out, huh?

Dang, Pa, you want me to finish or not? Okay, okay. I’ll try and hurry it up.

Anyway, I guess Billy seen a lot of those pictures, ‘cause he tells her to bend over further and put her hands down there and split ‘em apart so he can get a better look from behind. And Cindy says she don’t know what he’s talkin’ about, so he explains about the pictures and the way the girls all stick two fingers in and move all the floppy bits to one side or the other. Well, Cindy, bless her heart, stops crying long enough to tell him flat out she ain’t got no floppy bits! Lord, I bet that was a sight to see! So Billy grabs her hand and puts it down there and kindly moves her fingers around to where he thinks they need to be. But I see you don’t need no help in that area, do you? I swear if I didn’t know better, I’d think you were gettin’ into this, Miss EPA. I bet you seen your share of those porno rags, huh?

Well, about this time, Billy’s gettin’ all hard and such and is having a lot of fun moving Cindy’s fingers around down there and feeling all that water he ain’t never felt before. With his other hand, he gets his belt all loose and fishes his thingee out of his dungarees. He bends over and looks between her legs and tells her to wiggle a bit so her butt and boobies start swingin’ real nice like. Yeah, just like that. And he takes his other hand and starts fiddlin’ with one of her boobies until her nipple gets hard and starts gigglin’ like there’s no tomorrow. Then he tells her to start playin’ with herself while she’s bent down like a whore in some back alley in New York City. Naw, I just added that part, ‘cause Pa likes that kinda talk. Billy don’t know about no dirty city whores. I hope.

So after about two minutes of this, it’s all Billy can take and he just sneaks up behind her and sticks it in. Since he figures she’s done everything he’s said so far, he goes for broke and tells her this makes her his girlfriend, ‘cause no church goin’ girl fucks a boy that isn’t her boyfriend. And since she’s his girlfriend, she really enjoys it. Really, really likes it. Like nothin’ else she ever liked before. And, sure enough, a couple of minutes later, she’s buckin’ and squealin’ and makin’ all sorts of womanly noises. Yeah, just like that. But I bet she didn’t buck nearly so much. Probably weren’t nearly so wet, either. Heh, don’t mind it none. Pa can’t stay inside me all the time doin’ it like that either. He ain’t as young as he once was.

Billy, being all of sixteen, can’t nearly last so long, or that’s what Cindy said. So he almost falls over after a minute or two, and goes and leans against a tree. But he sees Cindy’s still a buckin’ like crazy and tells her to play with herself some more, only she ought to sit down on her jeans and shirt so he can watch. You can sit back on the couch, darlin’, cause the dogs and cat run across this floor and I ain’t had time to sweep in a while.

The good thing about bein’ sixteen is that you only got to wait a couple minutes and then you’re all ready to go at it again, and Billy ain’t no exception. So he tells Cindy to lean back and he jumps on top of her and the both of ‘em start buckin’ again, but Billy had some time to think while leanin’ on the tree and while they’re buckin’, he tells her that she ain’t never gonna tell anyone what happened to her and that’s why she was shakin’ and cryin’ so badly when she come over and I started on her to tell her story. No tellin’ what would’ve happened if Pa hadn’t come up into the front room and found us. He told her to get along home and he’d deal with Billy.

So, make a long story short, Pa went and took Billy behind the shed and put two and two to make four. And he got him to tell her she could tell us and-

What’s that, Pa? Yeah, I know. Yeah, I’m almost there. Thankee. That’s why I love you.

Okay, Miss Delgado. Pa says we’re almost through. He’s learned a lot in the last month or so. Nothing really to worry about here. You just go on back to your office back at the capitol or wherever and tell everyone it was just a bunch of dumb hicks down here makin’ somethin’ out of nothing the way we always do. Nothin’ at all in the crick, nothin’ in the tea ‘cept lots of sugar and lemon.

Well, yeah, Pa says you can go. After you take care of me. What a joker, huh? He figures that after all this talkin, one of our tongues deserves a rest.