The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

All Hallow’s Eve

by J. Darksong

ch.3) Season Of the Witch

Well. This was a fine bit of role reversal.

I mean, I’m as kinky as the next gal, and definitely don’t cast shame where none is due... but generally speaking I prefer to be the one doing the restraining, as opposed to being the one restrained. Waking up to find myself in a strange room, in a strange unfamiliar building was a bit unsettling. Waking up to find myself naked, lying on a bed in that strange room, was even moreso. But waking up to find myself naked and chained up... well, that just pissed me off.

Grunting, I pulled a bit at my restraints... frowning to find them holding firm. That was... odd. And concerning. I mean, I’m no Omega Girl, but I am pretty damn strong. Unless these chains were some kind of industrial-strength reinforced poly metal blend, they should have snapped like twigs. I was beginning to believe I might be in a bit of trouble here—

“Ah! Goody! You’re awake!” the annoying familiar voice of my captor chirped as she walked into view, confirming that, yeah, I was indeed in a bit of trouble.

“Oh, goody, it’s you again,” I replied, trying to effect a bored-sounding tone. I honestly had nothing, no idea what she planned to do with me, and no escape plan. My best move was to keep talking and prolong whatever was happening for as long as I could and hope something came to me. “So, what’s the deal, Witchipoo? All that magic at your disposal, and this is the only way available for you to find a sex partner?”

The woman blinked, frowning slightly. “The name’s ‘Yvette’, actually. Wow. You’ve really got a mouth of you, doncha, girl?” she commented, tossing aside her pointed hat, revealing again her rather lovely mane of brilliant red hair. “Trust me, sweetie—you’re pretty hot shit, and all, but if I wanted, I have far better options for snatching up a hottie for a little bedroom fun. No, sweetie, this with you here? This is strictly all business.”

“Forgive me for doubting that assertion,” I retorted drily, shaking my manacles, “considering the way you have me laid out here.”

She paused at that, smirking. “Okay... so maybe not ALL business,” she conceded, unbuttoning the first three buttons of her silken purple robe. Reaching down, she retrieved the necklace from between her breasts, holding it aloft. “Point of fact, Sanguine—or can I call you ‘Gwen’ the way your little friends were earlier?” I merely grunted, not caring one way or the other. “Okay then, Gwen—a point of fact, I’m NOT a witch. Or a mage, for that matter.” Walking across the room, she made her way to a small altar, with a large heavy looking metal-bound book sitting atop it, in front of what appeared to be a large smoking cauldron.

“Not a witch, hmm? What’s that old saying? If it walks like a witch, talks like a witch...”

“Yes, yes, very cute,” she said dismissively. “You miss the point. There are a few key differences between me and those others. First of all, mages, or rather, magi, are all born with some level of innate magical power. They train to learn how best to utilize that magic and develop better ways to hone their skills and prowess. Basically, their power comes from within themselves. Witches are generally the same. They, too, are born with some degree of magical ability, though usually nowhere near the level of a true mage. To compensate, they augment their own meager powers with magic drawn from outside forces, either from other beings or nature itself.” She sighed heavily, placing a hand atop the heavy tome. “And then... there are the unlucky ones, like myself. I happen to be a wizardess, someone born with knowledge and affinity for magic, but without any magical power or ability at all to go with it.”

I nodded slowly, understanding beginning to register. “That’s the reason for your necklace,” I said, gesturing with my chin. “It’s more than just a tacky accessory—it’s the source of your powers!”

The self-proclaimed wizardess smirked, nodding. “Pretty much, yes. But really, Gwen, you’re the one that I have most to thank for all of this,” she said, surprising me. “It’s true. If not for you, I wouldn’t be here right now.”

“What?” I said, frowning, peering at her closely. While she was... okay, really hot looking, definitely not the kind of woman I’d ever kick out of my bed, nothing about her stood out in my mind. If we’d ever crossed paths before, I didn’t remember. “Sorry, lady,” I said with a shrug, “but I’m drawing a blank. You say that I made you into the woman you are now? I don’t recall saving your life, or dumping you in a vat of acid, so I’m afraid you’ll have to provide a bit more backstory for me...”

She laughed again. “Hehehe... you’re really on a roll. You’re pretty good at this heroic banter thing, aren’t you?” She shook her head. “I’m really just starting out in this whole ‘villain’ thing, but I suppose I should get used to this kind of thing.” I merely sighed inwardly. If nothing else, she already had the whole ‘villain monologuing her plan to the captive heroine’ part down pat.

“But yes, Gwen,” she continued on, heedless, “I used to be just a normal young woman... a librarian, really. I do have a number of witches in my family bloodline, but apparently the magic kind of died out back in my great-great grandmother’s time.” She shrugged. “It was just one of those things... old family stories, yanno? ‘Oh, I’m like one-sixteenth Navajo on my dad’s side’, or ‘my great great great grandfather was part of Blackbeard’s crew’... or in my case, ‘my great-great-grandmother used to be a witch’. It’s just one of those things you talk about on the playground as a kid then grow up and never think about it again. Until I came across this book,” she said, patting the heavy tome atop its altar.

I winced slightly. I myself had no special magical powers of my own... though, I guess, technically, being an undead vampire DID bespeak of some kind of ties to magic. Nevertheless, I could very clearly sense an aura of... something... coming from the book itself. Meaning she wasn’t kidding—this was a REAL magical tome. Magical books, like any other artifact, were notoriously dangerous in the hands of amateurs. Depending on the creator, and the way in which the magic was infused, certain tomes could unleash their magic merely by being held by a magic-sensitive person, without even the use of an enchantment or spell. Hell, some books were known to work their magic upon anyone helpless enough to read their pages, sometimes entrancing the reading, forcing them to unleash the magic contained within without the hapless fool even realizing, sometimes completely transforming the reader.

Again, I was no mage. The total sum of my knowledge about magic would probably cover the back of a cereal box. My vampiric senses, however, were top-notch. And I could tell at first glance that this book was dangerously powerful... or powerfully dangerous. I mean, it wasn’t quite to the level of that blaster Akert Stone I’d dealt with a few months ago, but it was pretty damn close.

Damn. Just when I thought I’d gotten a handle on how deep of a mess I was in, the entire floor drops out from beneath me...

“You have to understand,” the woman prattled on, “at first, I didn’t believe any of this shit was real. Reading through the damn thing was hard enough—it was written in some weird old Germanic language, and I’d only taken a year of it in college as an elective. Even then, translating what it said, I was still convinced most of this stuff had to be made up. I mean... some of the ingredients for some of these spells—‘tears from a satyr’, or ‘a griffon’s tail feather’—total bullshit. It might as well have been asking for some gold from a leprechaun at the end of the rainbow.” She sighed softly. “I was ready to chuck the thing back into the bin where I’d found it when by chance someone had left a newspaper from the periodicals room lying out on the table as well. And front page was an article about you, Gwen, from six months ago...”

Six months ago?!? Oh hell... “That incident at the museum,” I groaned, head dropping in defeat.

“Yes, with that Death Stone of Anubis, that killed a bunch of people,” she replied, grinning widely. “I was utterly captivated, reading all about what had gone down. I mean... I’ve lived in River City for years, and I’ve seen all manner of strange things... people that can fly and shoot beams of light from their hands. People that can grow and shrink at will. People who can turn their bodies to stone, or metal, or... crystal!” She shook her head again. “But until that article, I never imagined that something truly supernatural existed! A magical death stone... and a real live vampire—”

“Um, you know that’s an oxymoron, right?” I pointed out. “A real ‘live’ vampire? Because, by definition, vampires aren’t alive...”

She glared at me for a long moment, apparently not amused by my rapier wit. “Anyway,” she said with a snort, “the point is... that realization opened my eyes. Suddenly all of those seemingly nonsense spell ingredients and components didn’t seem quite so nonsensical anymore. I poured through that tome and found a few simple spells to kind of ‘test the waters’ so to speak... and damn me if they didn’t work! Magic was real. And I had the means to use it. Well... almost...”

“Almost?”

“Remember what I said before?” she asked, holding up the necklace gain. “It takes energy n order to work magic. And, sadly, I was unable to utilize my own. So I was forced to find... alternatives. After a lot of searching, and even more trial and error, I found a way to craft a magical stone to act as a reservoir of power.” She grunted, scowling. “And even THAT was a chore, let me tell you! Some of the items needed for this little thing were ridiculous—like the last one, ‘a hair from a golden goddess’? Where the heck do you find gods and goddesses in this day and age?” She shrugged. “Luckily, I managed to find a substitute. I was actually happened to be nearby on the day when Omega Girl was fighting some weird woman with a bunch of robots, and I managed to snag one of her hairs after the battle. She might not be a goddess, but she’s the strongest hero in the city, so I figured she would do in a pinch!”

Huh. Crazy or not, I had to applaud her ingenuity in that. I never would have considered that as an alternative. “Okay, that’s all well and good,” I said drily, still testing the strength of my bonds. “But you still haven’t answered my earlier question. Why am I here?”

“Oh, haven’t you guessed?” the woman asked, turning to grin at me again, that chilling baring of teeth that reminded me very much of a shark. “I still need one last ingredient in order to complete the spell on my amulet—a vampire’s essence.” I went stiff at that.

“And... um... just what exactly... does that entail, exactly?”

“Well, sadly, the book was a bit vague on the specifics there,” she stated, holding aloft her necklace. “Generally speaking, essence refers to a person’s bodily fluids... like their tears, their sweat, or their blood.” Her grin turned positively wicked. “Or, most likely, their sexual fluids.”

“Oh HELL no!” I protested, struggling again as she began running her hands idly along my thighs. “Fuck that! I am NOT getting it on with some shameless harlot of a witch just to power up her medallion!”

“Wizardess, not witch,” she corrected me, smirking evilly. “And sorry to disappoint you, Gwenny, but like before, you don’t have a choice in the matter.” She held up the medallion, which began to glow with a pale yellow glow once again. “I’ve pretty much used up all the power I managed to store into it earlier,” she announced, before pressing it up to the center of my forehead, “but there should be just enough left for one more little spell. “Dorminus! Somniius! Amd brems kursr aeuir daav dord komsokeak!” she yelled in that strange harsh echoey tone of hers, as a powerful bright light flooded my eyes, piercing into the center of my brain...

* * *

Sabrina blinked, the significance of his words finally coming together. “You want me to become a hero?” she asked the aged Scotsman, again incredulously. “You want to somehow transform me from a convicted criminal with a record into one of the city’s costumed champions?!? Are you senile? Are you insane?!? There is no way that would work! And no way anyone would accept me as a heroine!”

“I think ye underestimate yerself,” Eugene countered, crossing his arms. “And ye underestimate the people of this city. So, ye went and enslaved a bunch of the city’s heroines and made them into your love slaves. I managed to undo yer tampering, and everyone is more or less back to their old selves again. No harm, no foul. Besides,” he said, again glancing away. “It’s not as if yer the first person to do such a thing. One of my new frie... er, new comrades in arms,” he amended, “was a former villainess who did the verra same thing as you, and she reformed. And now she’s the toast of the town, the city’s newest favorite heroine.”

“Really?” she said dubiously. “A villainess enslaved all of the city’s heroines, and they forgave her, and accepted her as one of their own?”

“Aye, well, it did take a while for her to truly be accepted,” he confided. “She had to prove herself, that she was truly fighting for the side of good. But when she did, aye... everyone accepted her with open arms. And they will accept you as well.” He sighed ruefully. “I mean... it’s not as if ye brainwashed the entire city, THEN nearly blew up the world or anything—”

“Hold on... are you saying this new heroine enslaved the entire city,” Sabrina asked, frowning, “then tried to blow up the planet?!? And they STILL accepted her after that?”

“What? Ach, no, no,” Frasier said, shaking his head. “Those are two separate cases! That wasnae Divine. I was talking about my daughter, Katie. She’s the one that went a bit mental and took over the city.” Sabrina blinked, gaping at him. “And... as for nearly destroying the world, well... that wasnae really her fault. She wasnea in her right mind at the time, and hadn’t considered the ramifications of trying to shatter the space-time continuum.” Sabrina’s jaw visibly dropped.

“Katie? Katie Frasier?” she said slowly, trying to absorb what she had just been told. “Your daughter, aka Luminaire, the Light of Justice... she’s the one that brainwashed the entire city... then tried to... to... break the space-time continuum?” Eugene merely nodded. “Okay... you got stabbed through the heart and are still alive, so if I can accept that, I suppose I can accept this,” she muttered with a sigh. “But why, praytell, would she do any of this? I got to know your daughter very... VERY well. She was the sweetest, kindest, most gentle person I’d ever met! I can’t imagine anything making her go so far off the deep end—”

“Aye, neither could I,” he replied bitterly, head bowed. “But then again, I could have never imagined anything happening to her beloved lass, Jessica.”

“WAIT! What happened to Jessica?!?”

“Ach... it’s... not a pretty story,” Gene replied mournfully. “I dinnae wish to go into it, but suffice it to say, she’s no longer with Katie anymore. And it’s my fault.” He sighed deeply, closing his eyes. “It’s as you yourself said. In my hubris, my pride, thinking I knew what was best for everyone, that I could control everything... I missed something important. And my wee Katie and her beloved paid the price.” He shook his head, opening his eyes. “So, ye can consider all this, me offering ye this chance, as a way of making up for that mistake.

Sabrina stood there silently, taking in his words. It was something of a shock, hearing such an admission from him. Having faced him before, she’d seen firsthand just how smart the old man was, how clever, and how discerning he was, able to think ten steps ahead of everyone else. That he could admit to making a mistake, one that had hurt those he cared for, was telling. As proud as he was, he apparently did have a humble side to him as well. “And... Katie?” Sabrina pressed, still concerned. “Is she okay after splitting with Jessica? How is she coping with losing her girlfriend?”

“She’s better now, by the by,” Eugene said softly after a moment. “Katie. There was a lot going on during that time... she herself would have to tell ye all the details. But suffice it to say, at her lowest point, when she thought she had nothing left to live for, someone stepped in and pulled her back from the brink. Aye... another lonely gentle soul. A girl that had fallen in love with her from the verra beginning, but didnae have the courage to step forward until that moment.” He smiled a sad smile. “The two of them are together now, veritably inseparable. And though the scars are still there, they’re healing. The people of River City were... less willing to forgive and forget in the aftermath of everything she did, but now they’ve mostly accepted her back as their heroine again. And that, Sabrina Cross, is why I am here for you today.”

He stood up and turned to face her again. “No one is perfect. We all screw up and make mistakes. Aye... and I’d wager no one in the history of this planet has made more mistakes than I have. True, my wins outnumber my losses for the most part, but if I come across as a know-it-all, it’s because I’d learned from my many many mistakes. My wisdom comes hard-fought from experience.” He smirked. “That said... I also know the value of second chances. And I’m offering you one right now. If you accept my aid... if you agree to let me train you, I can have ye released from your cell, have yer record expunged, and give ye the chance to start over fresh.”

Sabrina nodded softly, considering. It was an incredible offer. Definitely, more than she was expecting. And, if he was serious about expunging her record... she still had a chance of leading a normal life again! Or, well, ‘normal’ being a subjective term, she had the chance to regain her freedom again. ‘And, all I have to do is agree to become his student, to let him teach me about being a superhero? Hah! That’s practically what I had Megan and the others helping me with before all of this happened anyway!’ Still, something about the offer seemed... too good to be true. And while it might be cynical of her, Sabrina knew that when something seemed too good to be true, it usually was.

“Okay, “ she said after consideration, “You have my attention. But before I say yes... what are you NOT telling me? What is it you’re holding back?” At Gene’s blank look she rolled her eyes. “Come on, Frasier. We’ve already established that I’m not an idiot. When something seems this good, there are always strings attached. If you want me to accept, then be honest with me. Full disclosure. What exactly are the terms of my release?”

Eugene sighed inwardly. Ach, well, I should have known she wouldn’t make this easy. And she’d right—she is absolutely no idiot. I’d have been suspicious about such an offer in her place. Well... damn it all. I suppose she’s right. Full disclosure... time to lay my cards on the table and see if she folds or not...

“Alright then,” he said with a nod. “As ye guessed, there are... conditions to yer release.” He paused, considering how best to phrase it, but there was no good way of stating it. “To be blunt, lass, ye will have yer mind-altered... brainwashed, into compliance. By me.” Sabrina’s scowl returned. “It’s nothing invasive,” he said, raising his hands. “Just a few commands embedded in yer mind to make sure ye cannae suddenly decide to go rogue and take off the minute yer out of yer cell... or decide to get some payback by squashing the man that put you in here like a bug,” he stated pointedly.

“I see. So basically, you intend to brainwash me and turn me into your obedient servant.... your thrall... your SLAVE!” she hissed. “That’s your offer? Dangle freedom in front of me, then try and slip in a collar and leash while I’m distracted? Thanks, but no thanks!” she snarled, turning away. “If that’s what it takes to get out of here early, I’d rather go back to my cell. I’ll spend the next year enduring whatever hell you intend to put me through and walk out of here on my own terms.” She crossed her arms. “So fine. Go ahead and carry out whatever retribution you have planned for refusing you. Makes no difference to me. But I’ll take whatever you throw at me, and in the end, I’ll still be my own woman.”

To her surprise, Eugene laughed. He laughed, not a condescending or evil laugh, but a laugh of pure amusement. “Brava,” he said, clapping as well, which only irritated her more. “Brava. I expected some kind of angry speech from ye for this lass, and ye dinnae disappoint.” He shrugged. “It’s fine. If ye truly wish to refuse my offer and simply wait out yer time, that’s fine with me. There will be no retribution, however,” he added, causing her to blink in surprise. “My offer was genuine—I dinnae intend to take any action against ye for refusing. As for how ye will serve out yer time, that’s up to you. If ye wish to be awakened to spend the remaining year, in reality, I can arrange it. Or, if ye’d prefer to go back to your idealistic paradise with Eva, I can arrange that as well. But know this, lass—it was never my intention to turn you into my slave.” She glared at him again.

“What? Do ye think all this was meant to be some kind of object lesson?” he asked her directly. “That after turning so many people into slaves, your only chance at freedom would be me forcing you into the role of my own personal slave?” He smirked, chuckling again. “Sorry, lass, but one—sex was never on the table. I know yer sexual orientation and I don’t favor unwilling sex partners, plus I prefer older women. Yer the same age as my bloody daughter... and even if I were as twisted and perverted as you seem to think I am to indulge in cradle robbing, I have an assistant of my own that I work with daily that would likely be more than willing if I showed the slightest interest.”

He let out a deep breath. “And... it’s not about making you into an obedient thrall either, though as yer trainer I’d prefer that ye follow my instructions. Nae... the brainwashing, such as it is, would only implant three unshakable truths into yer mind—one, that he cannae harm me, yer training, by any means or methods. Two, that ye cannae use yer psionic powers on me at all. And three, that ye cannae use yer psionic powers on anyone else unless I give ye permission. Other than that... aye, yer free to come and go, and do as ye please.”

Sabrina blinked at that. “Wait... are you serious? That’s it? Not even anything that compels me to stick around and let you train me to be a heroine?”

“Aye,” Gene nodded. “The point of giving ye back yer freedom is letting you have the freedom to choose what ye do with yer life, lass. If I had control over what ye did or where ye went at all times, it would be just like being in prison... and what would be the point then, eh?” He sobered. “Of course, just because yer free doesn’t mean ye can go about doing whatever ye want. Remember—yer powers will be shut down until I feel that ye’ve got both enough control over them and the will to use them responsibly. And for that, lass,” he said crossing his arms, “you’ll need to be properly trained.”

* * *

“Uhhhhnnn... y-yeeaahhh,” I moaned loudly, writhing lightly against the bed, the satin sheets twisting in my hands. My toes clenched tightly, and my head went back of its own accord. Pleasure pulsed through my body in tight sweeping waves, and it felt.... glorious! “Ohhh yeesss, my girls,” I purred, glancing from side to side, eyes lowered to slits, “just like that. Keep it up!”

“Mmmm... yes Mistress Gwen!” Tina moaned softly, blankly, her gaze, like her mind, empty and blank. “Serve Mistress... please Mistress... love Mistress...” she moaned mindlessly, her naked body rubbing intimately against my own.

“S-serve Mistress,” Janika intoned, just as blank and empty as her partner. “P-please Mistress... love Mistress...”

I moaned again as they pressed against me, grinding their wet hot pussies deep into my thighs as they groped and kissed and worshipped my breasts. Fuck... if there was anything in this whole wide world better than having a beautiful sexy deeply hypnotized woman suckling from you while grinding helplessly against you, it was having TWO beautiful sexy deeply hypnotized women sucking and grinding against you! My fingers ran through their hair, guiding and encouraging their efforts, leading both them and me to higher heights.

“Ohhhh ffffuuuccckkk! Yeesss!” I groaned, hips undulating in pleasure. “More, babies... more! Harder! Make me fuckin’ FEEL it!” I commanded, eyes closing tightly as they obeyed, lips changing to teeth, biting down on my nipples, pulling and tugging them harshly. Not enough to draw blood, but hard enough to force a scream out of me, and make my toes clench tightly. My thighs spasmed, wanting, no needing something in between them. “Now! Touch me there! Now!” I barked, shuddering as my two mindless thralls slid their long slender fingers into my warm welcoming wetness. A hard stiff digit ground up against my clit, sending sparks up and down my spine, and shooting stars through my vision. I was so close... so close... sooo...

“OH FUCK! OH FUCCKK!!! YYYE—”

“—eeeesssss!! Aah! Aaaahh! Ahhhh... shit!!” I exclaimed, spasming helplessly, even as I came back to myself. Fuck! I wasn’t in my goddamn bedroom, I was still kidnapped, still tied up and chained to this fucking bed in this fucking witch-warlock-wizard-whatever the hell she calls herself’s FUCKING dungeon!!! Reality had reasserted itself just a bit too late as my body betrayed me, bucking helplessly in the middle of a really fucking nice orgasm! Only it wasn’t Splash and Sunbeam nuzzling up against me, but Yvette, the wicked wizardess, smirking down at me.

“Well, sounds like you had a fun little fantasy,” she replied smugly. I winced as she pulled her medallion free from between my labia lips, the once grey stone now pulsing with an eerie red glow. “Well now... I’d say we’re both satisfied with the outcome,” she quipped. “I hope it was as good for you as it was for me!”

“BITCH!!” I growled, furiously pulling at my chains yet again, my temper getting the better of me. “I swear when I get out of this I’m going to shove that medallion down your fuckin’ throat!”

“Uh-huh. Sure, you will,” she replied dismissively, paying me absolutely no mind. Instead, she stared up at her medallion, nearly entranced with its glow. She gasped, as did I, a moment later when the, um... slickness, covering it vanished, drawn in and absorbed by the stone. “Fuck me,” she murmured softly, opening the clasp, bringing it back around her neck. “I can’t wait to see how this feels. The book says that the power absorbed by the stone should radiate into my very being,” she stated as she slipped on the necklace. “I’ve been getting by with mere scraps of magical power for so long. I can’t wait to experience the real th... whoa!”

A pulse of power enveloped the would-be sorceress, strong enough for me to notice even without the light show. And despite being solidly indoors, a breeze began to blow, fluttering Yvette’s hair and robe. As I watched, the girl... began to change. Her skin lightened, going pale to the point of greyness. She straightened up, standing tall.. and taller still, seeming to grow a few more inches as well. Her lips went ruby red, then curled back, revealing a pair of noticeable fangs. Most telling of all, however, were her eyes, the shimmering emerald green replaced with an eerie scarlet light that seemed to burn from within. I could hear her heart beating clearly, see her chest rising and falling, yet from every outward appearance, the girl had just become a vampire!

“Oh yes,” she purred, and I grunted in annoyance. Even her voice had changed to become more sultry! “Now this... I like!” she stated, flexing her hands and fingers, glancing down at herself. “I wasn’t expecting this... but it looks like the book’s translation was literal! I literally absorbed your powers—your strength and speed and physical attributes as a vampire!” Walking over to a wall, she swung a fist, shattering the stone like peanut brittle. She giggled in delight. “Oh YES! This is wonderful! Better than I could have ever imagined!” She paused, considering. “Hmmm... I wonder,” she thought aloud, walking back to the altar, picking up a sharp-looking knife. Holding up her left hand, she deftly slid the blade across her palm, slicing it open, causing a small pool of blood to well up.

Which, of course, I noticed instantly. Dammit... now I was hungry, and I wasn’t scheduled to feed again until next Monday.

“Oh, wow,” the wiz-pire exclaimed, drawing my attention back to her, as she gazed in awe at the sight of the wound in her hand closing up before her eyes. The blood even drew back inside, leaving her hand completely restored. “Just like I’d hoped! Looks like I have your vampiric regeneration as well. I’m basically immortal!” she laughed gleefully. “Between my magic and your powers, I’m virtually unstoppable!”

I grunted as a certain sound reached my ears. Smirking, I shook my head. “Unstoppable, huh? Well, I don’t know about that. I actually had my powers before when you ambushed me and my friends, and I still ended up bound and chained.”

“There’s a big difference between you and me, Gwenny,” the wizardess replied, arrogantly. “You let yourself be caught off guard. You were captured because you were weak!” She laughed darkly. “All of this power at your disposal,” she murmured, shaking her head, “and you let it go to waste, going around trick or treating with your little friends! If I’d had your powers from the beginning, I would have ruled this city!” She grinned. “Well, now I DO have your powers. And now there’s no one who can stop me from t—UUURRRRPPLLLEEEE!” she gasped, suddenly, as a blast of high-pressure water knocked her back, pushing her across the room.

“No one can stop you, hmm?” Splash quipped, stepping in through the doorway, giving me a wink. “Well, I guess you can just call me ‘Miss No One’.”

Yvette growled, getting back to her feet, wringing the water from her face and hair. “Huh. Clever. And here I thought that sleep spell would have kept you and your little friend out for a few more hours.”

Splash shrugged. “Sorry to disappoint. In this line of work, we tend to keep long hours and get by with very little sleep. Just a nice little nap and I’m good for the whole day.”

“Well, then I guess I’ll need to put you under for a much longer rest this time,” she said, pointing a hand towards her. “Domn—UUURRKKK!” she yelped as a torrent of water splashed her in the face. “Do—GAAAAHHKK! Quit that!” she yelled in frustration as Splash burst out laughing. “Dammit, how am I supposed to cast spells if you keep shooting water in my face every time I open my mouth?!?”

“Oh! I’m sorry!” Splash exclaimed in mock dismay. “Am I interrupting your attempts to utilize an unfair advantage over me? Well, I’d better stop that right now, then... oh, wait, how about NOT?” she stated, firing another blast of water, striking Yvette once more in the face. Only to falter slightly, as, instead of making contact, the stream of water suddenly veered away, striking her medallion inside, which seemed to be sucking up the water like a sponge. Heroine and wizardess glanced at each other in shock.

“Huh. Well, something tells me that can’t be good,” Splash muttered aloud.

* * *

“Sunbeam! Where the heck have you been?” I snapped as my second friend suddenly appeared behind me, pulling and tugging at my restraints.

“Sorry. We got hung up a bit,” she replied, scowling, pulling hard, to no avail. “As it is, we were lucky that Pinnacle decided to come back and thank us for helping out with Somulence earlier, and found us unconscious up on the roof. Coming to, we noticed you were missing and panicked a little bit until Pinny reminded us that you had your communicator on you when you disappeared. We tracked you down to this location, snuck in, overheard enough of the grand Bitch’s evil plot to get the gist of things, then burst in.” She sighed, drawing back. “Speaking of bursting,” she said, firing a light bolt at the ground, smashing the stonework and piton the chains had been bound to, “that should do it. These chains are pretty strong... I figured it would be easier to bust the thing they’re tethered to rather than the chains themselves.”

“Good thinking,” I said, quickly freeing myself, getting back to my feet. It was a bit embarrassing to find myself in battle like this, stark naked... and I was absolutely sure the girls would have their fun with this later, after the fact, since now, all three of us had ended up stripped naked tonight. For now, I wanted payback on the bitch that put me in this damned position in the first place!

At which point, I snapped into action, pushing away from Sunbeam to grab Splash who had fallen out of the sky, landing in my arms just a few inches from the hard stone floor. “Splash!” ‘Beam yelled out, pissed, glaring up at the one who had sent her partner and lover flying. “Lady,” she growled, hands outstretched and glowing, “you just made a BIG mistake!”

TWWAAAAAANNNNGGGG!!!

With the sound of a massive bullwhip cracking, Sunbeam let loose with her namesake, sending a blast of energy straight into the wizardess-cum-vampire’s chest, slamming her across the room into the stone wall hard enough to leave an impact crater. With a gasp, Yvette fell, slumping down to the ground. Turning back to Splash, she tapped her lightly on her cheek. “Tina? Tina, sweetie? C’mon... wake up, baby! You’re okay, right? Say something!”

“Easy, Jan,” I interrupted, placing a hand on her shoulder. “She’s okay. A bit roughed up, but fine. No broken bones or anything that I can find,” I said as the dusky skinner girl let out a groan, eyes fluttering open. “See? There’s our girl.” I managed a wry grin. Honestly, I’d been a bit nervous as well when she collapsed in my arms. Yvette was as strong as I am, definitely strong enough to kill a person with her bare hands. But Tina was a tough girl. She’d managed to keep the crazy bitch busy while Jan was freeing me. And she’d managed to live through the ordeal. All in all, I’d call that a win for our side—

TWWAAAAAANNNNGGGG!!!

“Aaaaaahhh!” I cried out, flung back as the ground around my feet exploded. Likewise, Splash and Sunbeam landed hard, rolling across the floor, dazed. Shaking the cobwebs I glanced up at our attacker, only to groan inwardly. Fuck. Just what I deserve for thinking everything was over and done with.... as if anything would be THAT easy...

“Excuse me,” Yvette said smugly, holding out a hand that was glowing with the same telltale yellow-orange light as Sunbeam’s energy blast. “What was that you said earlier? That I’d made a big mistake?” Grinning, she held up her other hand... and as we watched spellbound, water from the air began to form and coalesce around her hand, swirling and flowing like, well... water. “It seems to me that when you attacked me it was YOU that made a big mistake.”

“Uhh... um, yeah, guys,” Splash said weakly, getting back to her feet. “Watch out. She can apparently absorb and recreate any powers used against her.” Beam and I glared at her. “What? Don’t blame me for not warning you sooner! I was knocked senseless until just now, remember?”

“Okay! You have a point!” I yelled as we all rolled, scattering as the trigger happy villainess began firing willy-nilly, blasting us at will, as we tried to fight back. I couldn’t speak for Sunbeam and Splash, how they felt about being pelted with their own powers, but personally, I found it both disturbing and tasteful trying to fight someone using my own vampiric speed and strength against me. And taking several light blasts and water shots to the keister wasn’t much fun either.

When an errant light blast punched a nice hole in the roof—which reveled, interestingly enough, that the wizardess’ hideout was the old rundown clock tower in the western boroughs of Old River City—it actually managed to attract some outside attention. A flicker of golden yellow light from above caught my eye, and I glanced up to see Luminaire, the Light of Justice, and her two partners, Ravenheart and Dragonfyre, circling overhead. A quick glance at the situation was enough to show them their fellow heroines were being attacked, but not enough to give them the total picture. When Luminaire slipped in through the hole in the ceiling, I nearly panicked, breaking free from the fight to warn her off.

“No! NO! Get back!” I yelled out frantically. “Luminaire, you and your friends have to get out of—AAAAHAHHH!” Dammit! Light bolt to the back, and I was sent tumbling. Thankfully, I actually landed somewhere... er... soft this time. Specifically, crashing into Luminaire herself, my face slamming down into the middle of her... ahem... rather impressive bust.

Really soft and cushy, too. Mmmm... Dunno if this kid had a girlfriend or anything, but if she did, she was one really lucky lady!

“Hey, um, Sanguine? You okay?” she asked, peering down at me, concerned. “Don’t worry. We’re here to help. Take a rest, and I’ll help Sunbeam and Splash take down thi—”

“NO! You can’t!” I yelled, grabbing her hand. She yelped, wincing, as I’d grabbed her a bit too tight. “Sorry! Sorry!” I apologized hastily. “It’s just... you really REALLY have to get out of here! That... woman, we’re fighting? She’s a witch... a mage... and that amulet she’s wearing lets her absorb and take on the powers of whomever she’s facing. We’re just managing to hold our own here at the moment... but if she managed to get your powers, or your two friends...”

Luminaire nodded grimly. “Yeah... I get the idea. Definitely wouldn’t want that. Okay, we’ll pull back,” she said, lifting off into the air. “But if she’s as dangerous as you make her out to be, we’ll have to step in if you guys can’t take her down. We definitely can’t let her get past us—just imagine if she ran into someone like Echo, or Whitewash, or Omega Girl!” I actually shuddered at that.

“Okay. We’ll do our best, so hopefully, it won’t come to that... but it’s damned hard fighting someone with the same abilities that you have. No matter how much we beat her down, my vampiric healing just keeps healing her too...”

The blonde paused, glancing back down at me. “Um... just an idea, but... if the necklace is the source of her powers... why don’t you go after that?” I blinked. “Just, I dunno... take it off of her when you get a chance.”

* * *

“Okay... I am so, so, freaking embarrassed,” I muttered a short time later, sitting on the ground, fully clothed again. “I cannot believe none of us figured out to go for the damned necklace!”

“Must have fought the bitch for an hour before Luminaire showed up,” Sunbeam replied with a sigh, sitting down next to me. “Got battered and bruised and slammed all over the place. And yet it took less than a minute to actually end the fight.”

“Yeah... once we figured out how,” Splash remarked ruefully. We glanced over our shoulders as Yvette was marched, hands bound and tied behind her back, out of the tower by Ravenheart and Dragonfyre. “Actually, I’m glad Lumy and the Angels agreed to haul her sorry butt off to jail for us. After all that, I could use a bit of a breather.”

“Yeah, I can believe that,” I replied, staring down at the trinket in my hand, musing aloud. “I’m the one with the quick healing, and even I feel exhausted after all that.”

“So... what are you gonna do with that medallion?” Splash asked, eyeing the necklace in my hand. “It’s a pretty dangerous piece of jewelry to just have lying around somewhere.”

I nodded wordlessly. staring at it deeply for a long moment. Then, unceremoniously, I closed my hand tightly... and crumpled up the medallion, crushing the stone. “That was actually the easy part,” I said, discarding the pieces onto the ground. “The bigger issue is what to do with that book. It’s what instructed her on how to create that medallion—if anything, it’s an even bigger threat.”

“Oh, I have an idea about that.”

We glanced up to see Luminaire had returned, alone this time. “If you’re wondering what to do with that tome, my brother Jimmy knows someone. His teacher, Lana, is a magus, a pretty advanced one. She could take care of it for you, or just lock it away somewhere with her own magic tome collection.”

I frowned, considering. “And this Lana character? She’s someone you trust?”

“Yeah,” Luminaire replied with a nod. “She’s family.”

Needless to say, I was actually more than happy to hand it over to Miss Sparkle and be done with the matter. It was actually getting pretty late in the day... or early. depending on your point of view. It was nearly four in the morning, and while sunlight wasn’t fatal to me, I did prefer to be inside and sleeping when the sun came up. As we turned to depart, however, I noticed the sad and withdrawn looks on my two friends’ faces.

“Hey, guys... what’s wrong? Why the gloomy looks?”

“Why else?” Tina replied with a sigh. “This Halloween was a complete bust.”

“Really? Why do you say that?” I asked.

“Look at what happened!” Jan exclaimed. “We barely got any trick or treating in, ended up running into a bunch of criminals, each of us got stripped naked in public, and last but not least, you ended up captured and had to fight an uber-powerful super villainess!”

“Yeah,” Tina replied, dejected. “After that, I’d be surprised if we can EVER get you out of the house on Halloween...”

“Are you kidding me?” I asked, incredulously. “This was the best damned Halloween I’ve had in years!” Both women gaped at me, jaws dropping. “What? It was exciting, scary, full of intrigue and danger... and hell, we even scored a bit of candy.” I shrugged. “Okay, obviously I wasn’t a big fan of the being kidnapped or stripped naked, part... but otherwise, this was a good night.”

Janika and Tina shared a look... which, as usual, annoyed me greatly. “Yeah, I forgot how much of a freak our gal is,” Tina replied with a smirk, while Tina giggled. I merely rolled my eyes.

All kidding aside, it had been a pretty good night. I definitely wasn’t bored. And, we ended up doing some good, stopped some major threats... and I ended up getting lucky at the end, figuratively, during that little fantasy scene Yvette placed me into, and literally when I landed face-first into the Lucky Heroine’s boobs. I grinned in the memory of that. I wouldn’t be surprised if SHE started appearing in my fantasies after this.

Humming a rather macabre but cute song stuck on my head from the movie marathon Jan had forced us to watch the other week, I couldn’t help but echo the sentiment. Now, THIS was Halloween!

((end))