The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

All Hallow’s Eve

by J. Darksong

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn’t you like to see something strange?
Come with us and you will see
This, our town of Halloween!
This is Halloween, this is Halloween—
Pumpkins scream in the dead of night!
This is Halloween, everybody make a scene
Trick or treat ’til the neighbors gonna die of fright!
It’s our town, everybody scream
In this town of Halloween...
—From ‘This Is Halloween’ by Danny Elfman, from The Nightmare Before Christmas.

ch.1) Child’s Play

“No.”

“Awww... c’mon, Gwen! Don’t be like that!”

“No!”

“Pleeeeaaaassseeee??”

“What part of ‘No’ do you two not understand?” I asked archly, hands on my hips. “Is it the ‘N’ or the ‘O’?” I shook my head ignoring their entreating glances. “I am NOT going Trick or Treating with you two and that is final!”

“Awww... why do you have to be such a grump?” Janika asked, pouting prettily. “What do you have against Halloween anyway?”

I gaped at her incredulously. “Are you kidding me?” I asked, eyebrows up. “First, the obvious—I’m a fucking vampire! So yeah, I might be just a tad bit sensitive about people dressing up like me as what they consider to be a ‘monster’. Secondly... Halloween is just a commercialized bastardization of the actual holiday, Samain, the eve where ancient pagan societies sacrificed animals and gave gifts to appease the untamed spirits of the dead!”

“Oh yeah, I forgot,” Tina remarked blithely, “you’re a history expert.”

“Hehe. Come from having lived through most of it,” Janika added, teasing.

My scowl only deepened. “Third, and lastly, Halloween is a kids’ holiday,” I pointed out. “You two are in your twenties. Are you two honestly planning on dressing up in colorful costumes like a bunch of little kids to knock on doors and beg for candy?” I considered, then smirked. “I mean, obviously, you two have no problems with the dressing in colorful costumes part...”

“Hah hah. Someone’s a comedienne,” Tina replied, rolling her eyes.

“That aside... can you please explain to me why you want to do this?” I asked pointedly. “What’s the big attraction, the allure?” Both girls glanced at each other, looking a bit shy.

“Well,” Janika began. blushing slightly, “okay, I admit it. Doing Trick or Treat is kind of childish at our ages... but it’s also kind of a tradition, yanno?” She sighed softly. “When I was little, I used to go Trick or Treat with my older sister and their friends. We... weren’t exactly that close, my sister and I. She was five years older than me... she kind of thought of me as a bit of a pest.” I only managed to hide my smirk at that through sheer force of will. “But at Halloween, we just sorta... connected, yanno? We would go out together and just have fun... and at the end of the night, we’d bring in the biggest haul of candy in our whole neighborhood!”

Tina nodded. “It was kind of the same with me. I didn’t have siblings, but my mom and dad used to take me Trick or Treating. And yeah, it was just kind of a special time for us... one day in the year when they could be silly and play dress up and act like kids just like me. And I think it was probably at least as much fun for them as it was to me.”

Okay. That I could understand. Obviously, this whole Halloween thing was really special to them both. I didn’t see at first why they’d gone out of their way to try and include ME into this... but the dual theme they had both given as family clued me in. I mean, we were all really good friends, close friends. Friends with benefits, even. Going through a few death-defying adventures with a gal and surviving tends to bond you to them. In short, Halloween was special for them, and they wanted to share it with me. It wasn’t really my thing, but damn if I could disappoint those two by refusing.

“Okay, fine, you win,” I replied reluctantly, rolling my eyes as they both cheered loudly. “I still say that our time would be better spent actually patrolling the city, looking for criminals to bust.”

“Oh? Didn’t I mention?” Janika asked. “We’ll be doing that too. That’s part of the fun—going out in costume to safeguard the city while picking up loads of free candy in the process.”

“Really?!?” I said, perking up. Despite my reluctance to become a heroine, I’d taken to the role pretty well, coming to actually enjoy prowling around the city at night, helping people in trouble, and taking down bad guys. “Well, why didn’t you say so? You know, you could have led with that in the beginning!” The girls just giggled, rolling their eyes.

* * *

“Trick or treeeeeaaaatttt!!” the group of kids called out to the young housewife as she opened the door. Mavis Ford, the aforementioned wife, giggled lightly in delight.

“My my! Such colorful costumes,” she said to the trio of youngsters. “Hmmm... let’s see if I can guess who you are. You,” she said, pointing to the young boy on the far right, “well, with that mask and armor and cape, you’re obviously Darth Vader!” The boy nodded eagerly. “And, you,” she continued, pointing at the girl on the far right, “I’ve seen that costume plenty of times tonight. You’re Omega Girl, aren’t you?” The six-year-old giggled, planting her hands on her hips in an impressive heroic pose. Mavis smiled, then frowned slightly, looking over the third. “And you, uh, my dear?” she faltered, as the second girl, the oldest of the group, peered back at her. “I’m sorry, my dear... I’m afraid I don’t know yours.”

“I’m Zero Suit Samus!” the plucky blonde replied with a frown. “See? I’m wearing the blue suit, and I even have my arm cannon, see? Pew pew pew!” she yelled as her gun lit up, glowing faintly. “I’m from Smash Brothers!”

“Ah... um... yes, right, right,” Mavis agreed, nodding, having no idea what she was talking about. “Well, my dears, such great costumes deserve a reward,” she stated, holding out a large bowl filled with various candy bars, and sweet treats. The kids cheered grabbing several to fill their bags before thanking her and moving on. Mavis let out a soft sigh as they departed. “Kids these days,” she murmured, closing her door, chuckling ruefully. “Back in my day, we dressed up like ghosts, the Mummy, Dracula, and Frankenstein...” Before she left the hallway, however, her doorbell rang again. “Oh well, time to reward the next batch of Trick or Treaters,” she said aloud, approaching the door once again.

“Trick or Treeeaaaatt!!”

Mavin blinked, spying this newest youngster. Assuming it WAS a kid, his costume was actually quite good. The boy was fairly short, only about three foot two, with wavy brown hair, and what appeared to be a dark brown goatee. He was dressed up as a mad scientist, complete with a white lab coat, black boots, and elbow-length black rubber gloves. In one hand he carried what appeared to be a small cheap-looking plastic toy raygun. In his other hand, he held a large plastic bag. Normally, she wouldn’t have given the person a second thought, but something about the ‘kid’ gave her pause. He just gave off a vibe that made her instantly wary.

“O-oh! Um, h-hello there,” she said cautiously, holding tightly to the doorknob with her free hand. “Doing some trick or treating, are you? And... you’re a mad scientist, hmm?”

The ‘boy’ chuckled darkly. “A scientist, yes,” he answered, in a decidedly low pitched and adult sounding voice, “but not really mad. More like, slightly upset.” Before the woman could react, he pointed the gun at her and fired, sending a burst of colorful light directly into her face. Mavin let out a sharp gasp before going stiff, eyes rolling up into her head. “There, now, let’s try this again,” the man stated with a chuckle. “Trick or Treat?”

“Tr... trick... or... treeeaaatt?” the woman murmured blankly.

“Right!” the man informed her. “Very good. Now, it’s your turn to give me a treat. And you giving me all of the money you have with you in your house would be a nice little treat, don’t you?”

Mavin blinked slowly, twice, nodding slowly. “Yeess... all of... the money... yes,” she replied, reaching back to grab her purse from the coat rack behind the door, withdrawing a small envelope filled with a thick stack of bills. She placed them into the open bag, giving the odd man a blank smile. The man chuckled.

“Good! Very good,” he stated, “a very nice little treat indeed! Now, my dear... for the ‘trick’. You’re going to go back inside and close the door... and as soon as you do, you’re going to forget that any of this ever happened. You won’t remember seeing or talking to me at all. You’re just going to continue on with your night as usual. You got that?”

“Yes... I under... understand,” Mavis nodded woodenly, stepping back from the doorway. “Forget all this... ever happened...”

William Biggs smiled gleefully as the door in front of him closed. Bringing the plastic gun up to his lips, he gave it a big dramatic kiss. Months of hard work and meticulous testing had finally paid off. Hehehe... yes! This little gizmo is exactly what I need to fix all of my financial problems! Glancing around at the area, he frowned slightly. Well, I’ve pretty much cleaned this neighborhood out. I think maybe it’s time to ‘move on up to the east side’... and the fancier more expensive houses...

* * *

“So... what’s up with the costumes?” I asked, frowning.

“What? We just talked about this!” Janika exclaimed.

I sighed inwardly. “I thought we’d be going out in our OWN costumes,” I explained, gesturing to my own. My two friends did that annoying thing where they glanced at each other, sharing a look at my expense.

“Well, Gwen,” Tina said, fighting not to giggle, “with your costume, it already looks like you’re dressed up like another heroine—”

“Yes, yes, I know, Raven from the Teen Titans,” I snapped, groaning as they succumbed to laughter. As much as I wanted to call them out, they had a point. I... had taken a bit of inspiration from the character, from her look. It was simple and stylish—a tight leotard, ankle boots, and a cape with a hood. I’d changed the color scheme up a bit, from dark gray and blue to a deep maroon red. Besides, I like to think it showed off my best features pretty well, just like they did Raven’s...

Look... I have a ‘type’, okay? Don’t judge me!

“Anyway, just who are YOU supposed to be?” I retorted. And again, they shared a look, as if to say to each other, wasn’t it obvious?

“Well,” Tina explained, “I am, of course, dressed up like the Emerald Archer herself,” she replied, making a little spin, showing off every inch of her bright green Robin Hood costume, complete with little hat, and equally green quiver strapped to her back. “You know... Jade,” she continued, seeing my blank look. “She’s a heroine... from Midas City?”

“Oh,” I merely said, shrugging. Aside from Silver Girl, who’d been pretty heavily in the news a few times, and Psyche, who’s been mostly inactive the past few years, I hadn’t really paid much attention to the superhero community outside my own town. Hell, I’d only recently started paying attention to the one inside River City itself! For the past hundred years, I’d adopted a kind of ‘duck and cover’ mentality. If it didn’t impact me directly, it didn’t matter.

And then, a few months ago, a chance encounter with two plucky young heroines and a cursed Egyptian death stone convinced me to rethink that policy.

“Please tell me you at least recognize MY costume,” Janika murmured, hands on her hips.

I frowned, looking her over for a moment, always enjoying the chance to look at her and her partner’s sexy curvaceous forms. “Um... okay, wait...I know this. It’s a video game character, right? Um... um... the Street Fighter chick?” I guessed. Tina laughed, and Jan hung her head.

“I’m Laura Croft!” she exclaimed, pouting, crossing her arms at her chest. “You know, from Tomb Raider?” She sighed heavily, shaking her head. “Never mind. We can finish your education about modern civilization some other time. For now, let’s get to Trick or Treating!” she said as they began heading down the road to the nearby cul de sac.

“H-hey!” I protested, sprinting to catch up with them. I was mildly insulted. True, I was a little behind in things... but I wasn’t like a total recluse or anything! Yes, I tended to spend more time reading books than surfing online or playing video games... and my video and music library rarely ventured past the ’90s. But I had been indulging a bit in more... uh... modern culture. Little by little. There was... just so freaking much! Maybe it was easier for millennials to process the ever-increasing flood of input this generation was producing, but for old-timers like myself, it could be more than a little jarring.

Speaking of jarring... I ask you to envision what the next two hours of my existence was like. The three of us, decked out in our colorful costumes, wandering among a veritable crowd of waist-high kids similarly dressed, making our way from house to house, knocking on strangers’ doors, begging for candy. Two of us, in our early twenties, the third adding an extra hundred years to that number. Needless to say, we got quite a few strange looks from some of the adults answering the doors, though most of them did give us candy. Not that a few sweet treats would make up for the embarrassment, in my opinion, but naturally, I was outvoted.

I was seriously beginning to rethink my agreeing to partner along with this pair when I noticed something strange happening at a house just across from us. A young cute looking brunette woman was talking with a bunch of trick-or-treaters in front of her house. Nothing unusual in that in and of itself, but the woman appeared to be rather distressed, and distracted, kept looking around anxiously, and back into the house, barely paying the kids any attention at all. Eventually, she handed the youngsters a large back of candy to divide among themselves, then shooed them away, closing the door in a huff.

“So, where to next?” Tina asked, tossing her half-full sack over her shoulder. “I think we should head over to the eastern section of town. Lots of nice houses in that area.”

“Westerfall Estates?” Janika protested. “No way! Nearly all of the houses there are owned by doctors! They always give out the worst ‘treats’—sugar-free candy, or fruit... heck, two of them are dentists that regularly give out miniature toothbrushes and toothpaste!” She snorted in derision. “Completely misses the entire point of the holiday...”

“Ahem!” I said loudly, getting their attention. “Hey, Heckle and Jeckle, if you two are done with your comedy routine, I think there’s a situation at that house over there that we should check on.” Stomping my way towards the house, I overheard them whispering to each other, wondering who ‘Heckle and Jeckle’ were. Which only irritated me more. I get crap from them for not knowing who Lauren Kraft was, and yet THEY have no idea who the famous talking magpies from the early era of cartoons were! Hmph. Forget Disneyland and Disneyworld, I’m absolutely positive that if it weren’t for Kingdom Hearts and their new streaming service Disney+, most kids wouldn’t have any idea who Mickey Mouse was either!

Pushing all that aside, I knocked on the woman’s door just as Tina and Janika arrived. The woman opened the door, her expression as harried and annoyed as I remembered. “What?” she barked shortly, causing me to visibly wince. “S... sorry,” she apologized a moment later. “I’m sorry. I just... I lost something, very important, and I’m going crazy trying to find it.” She peered at our costumes, frowning deeper. “Besides I’m all out of candy—I gave the last of it to a group of kids just a few moments ago.” She moved to close the door, but I placed a foot in the doorway, preventing her.

“Yeah, I saw,” I replied, nodding. “Miss, I don’t mean to intrude, but I was wondering if maybe we could help you... find whatever you lost?” Her expression darkened.

“No, no thank you,” she said shortly. “I don’t want strangers snooping around inside my house. Now, if you please,” she said, again, trying to close the door. “Listen! If you don’t leave me alone, I’m going to call the police!”

“Well, we’re not the police, Miss,” Tina stated, pulling a small metallic badge out from underneath her costume, “but we are licensed Supers with the River City task force.”

“Yeah,” Janika nodded, showing hers as well. “Sorry if the costumes threw you for a loop, but we really are heroines.” She shrugged. “It’s Halloween, after all. What better way to blend in with the group than to dress up as well, right?”

The woman relaxed significantly, releasing pressure on the door. “Oh. Well, um... I’m sorry about that. Please, come in,” she said, finally opening the door, allowing us inside. Her house was nice... but a bit disturbed. Whatever she’d lost, she apparently left no stone unturned in trying to find it. Closets were opened, couch pillows tosses, rugs lifted, shelves and drawers emptied. I glanced at my companions, nodding. My instincts had apparently been spot on.

The woman, Mavin, explained that she was missing a large sum of money—more than a thousand dollars—which she was absolutely sure she had left in her purse earlier in the day. She’d reached for her phone, in the main pocket of her purse, only to discover the envelope she’d kept the cash in was missing. Furthermore, she hadn’t had any visitors... at least, none that had actually come inside her house. “I just... I don’t understand it!” she exclaimed in the end. “I know the money was there! I stopped by the bank and withdrew it for the weekend on my way home from work. And I took a single twenty out earlier to buy candy for Halloween and left the rest in my purse. I haven’t been anywhere since then. It has to be here... it just has to be!”

“And... you’re sure no one else has been in your house?” Tina pressed.

Mavin shook her head. “Positive. The only time I even opened my door was to give out candy... and somehow I doubt one of those little kids stole all of my money.”

I blinked at that. It was... actually a really clever idea. Something that wouldn’t have occurred to me until now. Moving to stand in front of Mavin, I peered deep into her eyes, surprising her, my scarlet-hued gaze putting her easily into a trance. “Listen very carefully, Mavin,” I instructed her, placing a hand gently but firmly around the back of her neck, holding her in place. “I want you to think back... back to just before you noticed your money was gone. Think back and remember the trick or treaters you greeted before that moment. Do you remember anything strange happening?”

Mavin blinked slowly, her gaze still and vacant. “I... I remember...” she said softly, “the colors...”

“Colors?” Janika remarked, frowning. “What do you mean by—”

I silenced her, holding up a hand. Dammit, Jan, you’ve seen me do this enough times by now to know how this works! Aloud, I repeated back her question. “What do you mean by colors, Mavin? Explain exactly what happened.”

She did, speaking in that slow, sleepy monotone voice, the kind that never fails to get my juices running and thighs clenching with desire. “It was... a young... boy? I think...” she said, faltering. “He was holding up a gun... and then... mmmm... colors... pretty colors... sparkling red... blue... green... yellow... pink... purple... orange... so pretty...” She blinked again. “And then... I was inside the house, and the doorbell was ringing, and I opened it to find some kids saying Trick or Treat...”

“I see. But what about the boy with the gun? What happened after you saw the colors?” I asked her.

Mavin gasped, stiffening in my grasp. “I... do not... remember...” she stated, her voice somehow sounding even more flat and empty.

“Mavin, you are deeply hypnotized,” I intoned, pouring more of my will into my gaze, strengthening my hold over her mind. “You are in my power. You must obey me. Now... remember what you saw! Remember what happened to you after you saw the colors.., and speak!”

“I... I... do not... re... mem.. ber...” she replied, shuddering slightly.

“Dammit! Tell me what you saw!” I growled, fangs extending past my lips in my frustration.

“I DO NOT REMEMBER! I DO NOT REMEMBER!” Mavin screamed, eyes rolling back into her head. “DON’T... REMEMBEEERRRRR!!!”

“Jeez! Gwen!” Tina’s hand on my shoulder forced me to break my gaze. “Take it easy! We’re supposed to be helping her, not frying her brain!”

“Y-yeah... sorry,” I murmured, panting slightly. “Got a bit... carried away.” Turning back to Mavin, I gently calmed her down, settling her back into a nice restful state once again, before turning back to the others. “So... what are you guys thinking here? Pretty SUS, don’t you think?”

Both women groaned loudly, shaking their heads. “Gwen, ‘sus’ has run its course,” Janika remarked. “No one uses that anymore. But yeah, I think you’re right. Your Hypno-eyes are pretty damn potent. If something happened to her that she can’t remember even under your spell then it has to be something more than just simple hypnosis. I’m thinking some kind of high-tech mind control.”

“Yeah,” Tina agreed. “She did mention a gun and seeing colors after all. And I’d be willing to bet that she’s not the only one this has happened to tonight.”

“You think so?”

She nodded. “If you had something this effective, why blast one woman and stop with a measly thousand bucks? I’d wager this crook is probably working his way from house to house, zapping people, robbing them blind, then making them forget all about it.”

Janika nodded her agreement. “And it’s pretty damn effective. Mavin here didn’t even suspect anything had happened. The only reason she even noticed her money was gone was when she went to retrieve her cell phone. It’s a safe bet most of the other people that been robbed probably haven’t noticed their money is gone yet either.”

I nodded solemnly at that. “Then it’s also a good bet that this guy is probably still out there working his little routine. I suggest we split up and search, and take this guy down!”

“Yeah!” the girls cheered. “Let’s teach this creep a lesson!”

After waking Mavin and assuring her that we would find the one responsible, we three headed back out into the city to find this thieving Trick or Treater...

* * *

William was chuckling to himself as he glanced inside his sack of ill-gotten goods. It was quite a haul for a single night’s work... easily enough cash to continue funding his research and development of his various inventions. Best of all, choosing to work on Halloween, he’d found the perfect camouflage, intermingling with all the children strolling the city without standing out in the slightest. All reward and virtually no risk. For once, his small stature had turned out to be an advantage.

Glancing down at his gun, he checked the charge and considered. Huh... looks like enough battery left for one or two more blasts... enough for one more good score. Then I can call it a night. Making his way up to a large Brownstone, he straightened his costume and pushed the doorbell, holding the gun behind his back. A tall bald dark-skinned man with a goatee answered the door to greet him. “Trick or Treeeaaattt!” he said, holding up his bag with one hand, readying his gun with the other.

“Hmmm... oh, a mad scientist, eh?” the bald man mused aloud. “Well, you’ve certainly got a... rather unique look. Wait right here,” he said, turning back towards the door, “I think I have exactly what you’re looking for.”

William chuckled darkly. “Oh, I’m sure that you do,” he answered, pulling his gun, blasting the dark-skinned man as he whirled around in surprise. William’s grin widened as the man shuddered then went still. “All right! Now then, my good sir, I’ll be taking all of your money—”

SPLOOOSSHHH!

“Gaaaahhhh!” William yelped, flailing wildly as he stumbled back, falling onto his ass on the lawn in surprise. Blinking, he glanced up to find a tall dusky-skinned woman dressed in bright emerald green peering down at him, a hand outstretched towards him... with what appeared to be water flowing and swirling around her. “What the... water?” he sputtered. “Oh... oh shit! You’re,.. you’re...”

“Real actual heroines, yeah,” Splash replied, scowling down at him. “And as a general rule, we don’t like it when people pretending to be kids trick or treating blast innocent people with mind control rays to rob them!” She shook her head in disappointment. “Honestly, don’t you have any sense of shame?”

“No, actually, I don’t,” William replied with a smirk. “You think I’d resort to robbing people this way if I did?” He moved his arm slightly, only to winced as a blast of water with the force of a gun zipped past his ear.

“Uh uh. No sudden moves there, Buddy,” Splash cautioned him. “Go for that gun of yours and I won’t pull my punches. And you’d be surprised how getting sprayed with water running at the pressure of a fire hose stings.”

“Hey, hey, all right, fine,” William mumbled, relaxing his arms again. “Anyway, I think you’re forgetting something very important, Miss Hero.”

“It’s ‘Splash’, actually,” she replied, eyebrow raised, “and just what would I be forgetting?”

“The victim,” he replied gesturing with his right hand towards the house. “I already zapped him before you attacked me. Right now, he’s basically a mindless zombie. He’ll probably just wander off into traffic without anyone to give him orders... oh, yeah, pretty much just like that...” He glanced to the side, staring, and as he’d hoped, Splash turned her gaze that way as well, concerned about the innocent’s safety.

Only to find the street completely empty.

Realizing her mistake, she whirled back around, bringing up her hands, preparing to make good on her threat... only to gasp and groan, eyes rolling back into her head from the colorful onslaught. “There! Not so smug now are you, girlie?”

Tina blinked slowly. “No... not... smug... now...” she nodded in agreement.

William laughed again. “Yes... much better, I have to say, I like you better this way... quiet and obedient. Speaking of which, listen carefully,” he instructed her. “I want you to strip—AAAAHHHH!!”

William Biggs gasped, flailing wildly, finding himself held aloft several feet off the ground by his throat. “Ah, that’s about enough of that!” I snapped angrily, resisting the urge to squeeze and crush the man’s throat like a ripe piece of fruit. “You like messing with people’s minds, taking advantage of them when they’re vulnerable, huh? Makes you feel like a big man, huh?”

Struggling, the little person managed to fix me with a glare. “Y-yes, it d-does!” he managed, grabbing at my hands around his throat. “You’d... never understand! Goddamit... I’ve been cough looked down on all my life! Literally!” He growled pulling again, struggling, to no avail. He wasn’t going anywhere. “Well... fuck that! Where genetics failed me... technology has made up the difference!” I blinked in surprise as he brought up his right hand, still clutching his little toy gun. “And I’m sure as hell not going back to being looked down on again!” he declared, pulling the trigger.

TWWWAAAAANNNNNGGG!!

“Aaaaahh! Shit!” William yelled, clutching his hand painfully. Scorch marks dotted the palm and sides of his hand, the gun he’d held a moment ago destroyed, shattered, blasted into pieces from the light bolt that had struck it. Glancing to the side, he glared in fury at the third heroine, one dressed like a fairly good imitation of the main protagonist from the Tomb Raider series. Instead of a gun, she was holding one of her hands, index finger pointed like the barrel of a gun and glowing with a pale orange-yellow light. “You... you... you fucking little bitch!” he rasped. “Do you know... how much work I put into that gun? How much time... and effort... it took to make it? AND YOU JUST BLEW IT ALL TO HELL!!”

“Shut up!” Sunbeam growled, punching William in the face. I released him, letting him slip to the ground, where he landed with a groan. She sighed, shaking her head in disgust. “You’re lucky that plastic toy of yours is all that I blasted,” she muttered before turning her attention back to her partner. “Um... Splash? Splash?!? Hey! Stop that! Dammit, wake up!”

I glanced over as well, then bit my tongue to keep from laughing aloud. “Heh! Looks like our guy here managed to sneak in a command or two before I got to him after all.” A rather dazed and confused Tina glanced around, frowning, wondering why we were staring at her so oddly. It took a few seconds before her state of undress registered, at which point she let out a loud scream before hastily grabbing up her discarded costume to cover herself. At which point I surrendered to the inevitable and laughed, as did Sunbeam. Splash glared back at us heatedly.

“What’s so freakin’ funny?” she snapped, more than a little pissed.

“Oh, nothing, sweetie,” I said, grinning wickedly. “I just didn’t expect you to commit so deeply to your Halloween costume. I mean, matching emerald green bra and panties?” I teased, causing her cheeks to redden. “One might think your admiration for Miss Jade runs quite a bit deeper than you let on...” Splash said nothing, merely grunting as she quickly redressed.

“Aw. babe, don’t let her teasing get to you,” Sunbeam replied gently. “We’ve all gone a little ‘fangirl-crazy’ at one time or another. It’s nothing to be embarrassed about.”

“I’m not,” Slash insisted, despite the coloring of her cheeks. “I’m embarrassed that I was caught off guard by that... that... annoying little weenie over there,” gesturing to William, who lay still on the ground, out cold. Sighing, she dusted herself off. “At any rate, we should probably wrap up here. ’Beam, you call it in to the police, while I secure the prisoner,” she said, pulling out a pair of handcuffs, “and Sanguine, you go check on the victim, see if he’s okay. You might need to use your own hypno powers if he’s as deep under as I was.”

“Roger that,” I replied, walking back to the house. A little intervention and the owner was back to normal, none the worse for wear. All in all, it wasn’t a bad start to the night. Granted, I’d expected to face something a wee bit more formidable than a Little Person masquerading as a child. But the night was still young. And you know what they say about Halloween: the creeps come out at night.