The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Categories: ds in mc md

Title: Truth and Reconciliation (Chapter Five)

Summary: Jason has been treated like the household slave for years. Fed up and angry, he attempts to extract vengence upon his mother and two sister.

* * *

The plan had come to Jason a couple days ago. As is often the case, simply by walking away from a problem, Jason’s subconscious had time to work on it without bogging down his conscious mind.

This time, however, it wasn’t a single problem that needed addressing. It was a confluence of issues that were threatening to derail his goal.

The goal was, of course, to get revenge on his mother, who, for the past decade, had taken every opportunity to ruin his life.

The issues were manifold.

First was the vehicle of his revenge. Through a series of fortunate events, Jason had been contracted to build an app that incorporated hypnotic tools and techniques.

After some preliminary testing on his younger sister, eighteen-year-old Evelin, Jason believed that he could use that app to effectively reprogram his mother and...

Well, to be honest, the next part wasn’t clear. He wanted to punish and humiliate her. And he wanted to sexually dominate her. But, how that all played out was to be determined.

Regardless, he was, for all intents and purposes, finished with the app. He was contractually required to turn over all related assets to Holistic Audio Solutions, LLC. (HAS), the company which had hired him.

That meant he was about to lose access to the tool he had planned on using to exact his revenge.

The second issue was that even if he still had access to the tool, he wasn’t sure how to use it on his mother.

He had learned while testing on Evelin that the best method of “attack” was to use an existing emotional trigger as a way into the subconscious.

For Evie, it had been her combined fears of being alone and losing her “man,” which had allowed Jason to begin modifying her behavior.

He had gotten lucky with her, though, and he wasn’t sure if he could chance similar luck with his mother.

Even so, he did have some insights—compliments of Evie—into the warped logic of his mother, Janice.

He had learned that her bizarre and cruel behavior might actually be some strange attempt to keep him from leaving home.

While that idea sounded absurd on its face, it began to make sense when considered in the context of Jason’s father’s death.

Janice, at least at some level, blamed herself for not keeping her husband home. As it pertained to her husband and lover, she seemed to believe that she should have been more focused on meeting his needs, particularly his sexual needs. Had she done that, according to her twisted logic born of grief, then he wouldn’t have needed to live an adventurous life. And consequently would not have died while rock climbing.

Jason, however, was her son. And, at the time of the accident, he had been her thirteen-year-old son. How best can a mother keep her adolescent son home and out of trouble? Well, at least to Janice, the answer seemed to be by saddling him with chores.

Apparently, as far as Jason could determine, despite the intervening decade, Janice still considered her son to be that adolescent boy and, therefore, never bothered to update her tactics. Hense his miserable and overburdened life.

The third problem was Jason’s current financial status...i.e., completely broke.

This contract, building the HAS app, was supposed to put some money in the bank. But, due to the customer’s timeline, coupled with requirements that were slightly outside of Jason’s skill set, he ended up spending most of his would-be profits hiring subcontractors.

With his most recent rent payment, Jason was now out of funds.

Of course, the obvious answer was to find another contract, but generally, they were paid upon completion (often with the money kept in escrow). Even if Jason could manage another arrangement like he had with HAS—smaller payments attached to project milestones—it would likely be at least a couple weeks before a new contract could be secured, then several more weeks before he got his first payout.

It was doubtful that he would be on time with next month’s rent, and he had no idea how Janice would respond to that.

Those were the problems to which Jason needed a solution. Those were the problems that Jason’s subconscious had been noodling on for days. And, those were the problems that had a single, elegant, and sexy solution...

Evie’s voice.

During several of Jason’s recent sexual encounters with his little sister, she had used her sexy and seductive voice to help push him over the edge.

Remarkable for an eighteen-year-old, Evelin could teach a masterclass to phone-sex operators. (If that profession even still existed...Jason had no idea.)

To be completely honest, Evie was actually only two-thirds of the equation. The other third was, believe it or not, Holistic Audio Solutions, LLC.

Like any good entrepreneur, Jason had read through the contract he’d signed... in detail.

And, while it had barely registered at the time, later, when he needed it, his subconscious had reminded him about a critical omission on their part.

Generally, indeed almost without fail, with a contract like what Jason did for HAS, the client owned everything. The intellectual property, naturally, any resulting patents, copyrights, and trademarks, certainly.

But, in addition to all that, the client always stipulated that they owned the code. They owned everything, right down to the last semicolon and curly-brace, including any derivative works.

This standard clause served two purposes. First, it protected the client from being sued by the developer for royalties, licensing fees, or any such nonsense.

Second, it ensured that same developer couldn’t simply reuse the code for a competitor.

However, likely due to their inexperience in software development (or, more accurately, that of their lawyer), HAS had omitted any such language.

Now, to be fair, code is protected by copyright. And, in general, a commissioned work—including computer code—is owned by the client, not by the creator.

However, unlike, say... a painting or a piece of music, code can be modified with relative ease to create a distinctly new work while still functioning exactly like the original.

Put this all together, and it means that Jason could, with minimal effort, take the work he’d done for HAS and go into business himself.

The big difference, the central selling point that had him so excited, was Evie. They would use her sexy voice to record the audio programs.

Jason figured desperate, thirsty dudes all over the world were willing to spend untold millions supporting their favorite OnlyFans “star.” So then surely he’d be able to make a decent living with a program that had a sexy woman whispering sweet nothings into their ears at night.

* * *

Lying in bed, cuddling with his gorgeous younger sister, having just enjoyed her erotic ministrations, Jason laid out the entire plan.

Evie didn’t even hesitate. She was on board, but she was just a little confused.

“Okay, so I get the gist of what you’re saying. And, it seems like a solid plan...assuming we can get people to buy the app or whatever, but how does that help with Mom?”

“Two things,” Jason replied with confidence, having anticipated his sister’s confusion. “First, it brings in money. Right now, the only real leverage that Janice has over me is finances. She’s managed to make sure my bank account is constantly drained.”

“Makes sense,” Evie responded. “What’s the second thing?”

The second thing was using the app to hypnotically reprogram his mother, but he hadn’t intended to mention that. Jason knew he would have to bring Evelin in on the truth of the app at some point, but he wasn’t ready for it to be now.

All he could do would be to hope she trusted him and didn’t ask too many questions in the meantime.

“Huh?” he answered, trying to play it down.

“You said there were two reasons. What’s the second?”

“Oh, well, once I have money, then I can threaten Mom with leaving.”

“I’m pretty sure that’s going to upset her,” Evie replied, obviously dubious. “But I hope you’re not thinking she’s going to beg for forgiveness and pledge herself to you because of that. If you are, you’re gonna be disappointed.”

“Yeah, I know,” Jason shot back, annoyed and angry for sounding stupid. “Right now, we just need to focus on making money, okay? We’ll figure out the next step when it’s time.”

“Okay, Jason. I’m sorry,” Evie tried to mollify her brother. “I didn’t mean to upset you. You’re one of the smartest people I know. I’m sure you’ll figure this out. I’m sure that we’ll figure this out...together.”

She squeezed him tighter and snuggled deeper into his chest.

“Yeah, I know. I mean, sorry. I’m sorry for snapping at you. Let’s just call it a night. Are you staying?”

“If you don’t mind. At least for a bit.”

“Okay. Goodnight, Evie.”

“Goodnight, Jason.”

* * *

The next couple of weeks were a whirlwind.

Jason had been working diligently on converting the app he’d built for HAS into something 100% his own property. At first, he had been painstakingly modifying all the code to try and avoid any potential copyright violations.

After a couple days of that complete drudgery, however, he decided to rely on the fact that he wouldn’t be competing directly with HAS. Hopefully, that coupled with their technical incompetence would keep his app off their radar and shield him from any potential legal backlash.

He just had to tweak the graphics and user interface a bit and re-add some of the tools he’d needed to strip out of the HAS version.

After that, he rebuilt the backend on Amazon’s cloud services. Not a trivial task by any means, but he’d backed up most of his previous work, so he wasn’t starting from scratch.

Jason also created accounts with Apple and Google to hopefully get his app listed in their respective app stores.

The account creation was simple enough, as was submitting his finished app. However, it had been over a week, and he was still waiting for approval.

In just two short weeks, when the calendar rolled over to a new month, both Jason’s rent and his Amazon Web Services bill would be due. If he didn’t have some income before then, he was royally fucked.

Amazon would just shut him down, but he had no idea how his mother would respond to his financial delinquency.

It was as he sat there staring off into space and wondering what new tortures his mother might invent that Evie walked in without knocking.

Despite the joy on her face, joy he knew she experienced just from being in his presence, Jason was rather annoyed that she didn’t knock. He was just about to start berating her about it when he noticed her face was red and sweaty. The sight quelled his anger.

“You okay?” he asked. “Why are you so sweaty?”

“Because it’s hot under there,” Evie responded as she handed her confused lover her phone.

“Huh... What are you talking about?” he asked, eyes moving back and forth from her face to the proffered phone.

“My blankets. I was sitting under my blankets recording the scripts,” she responded cheerfully. Then added when he simply continued staring at her, “The scripts you asked me to record... for the app...” Now she was the one with a confused look on her face.

“Oh, yeah. I mean, obviously, but what does that have to do with your blankets and being sweaty?” Jason asked, still confused.

Evie giggled slightly then explained, obviously proud of herself, “I did the recordings on my bed huddled under all my blankets.”

“Okay,” Jason said, drawing it out to indicate that there was more that needed to be said.

Evie didn’t continue but instead gave him an annoyed look and shook the phone in her hand, indicating he should take it.

Rolling his eyes, he snatched the phone. Moving to plug it into his computer, he asked, clearly exasperated, “Evie...WHY did you do the recordings under your blankets?!?”

“Pretty smart, huh?” she responded. Then, when her older brother didn’t offer the praise she clearly felt she deserved, she elaborated, “It’s like a little make-shift recording booth. The blankets stop any echo, so it sounds more professional.”

“Really?” Jason asked. And then, as he thought about it for a second, “Actually, that does make sense. Huh...okay, I guess that was pretty smart.”

She just smiled at him as he began transferring the audio files from her phone to his computer.

“This is fantastic, Evie. I’ll work on getting these cleaned up tonight and uploaded to the servers. Once that’s complete, the app will be good to go. Well, assuming we get approval.

“That reminds me,” Jason continued. “I need to hear your plan on marketing the app. We’ve only got a couple weeks left to start earning money before the shit hits the fan.

“It’s not that I don’t trust you, but we’ve got a lot riding on this idea of yours. What’d you call it... ‘social marketing?’”

Smiling and leaning forward, Evelin took hold of her big brother’s desk chair and rotated it until he was facing her.

“Brother mine,” she started. “You are one of the most intelligent people I know.” She kissed him on his forehead. “What you were able to do with your app... It genuinely blows my mind.” She gave him a lingering kiss on the lips.

“Your ability to negotiate a contract then use the loopholes to your advantage... I don’t think most seasoned business professionals could do it better.” She pushed his legs apart and lowered herself to her knees before him.

“But...,” she continued reaching for his belt buckle and beginning to unfasten it. “When it comes to the ability to convince young men to separate themselves from their money...” Evie pressed her arms in against the sides of her boobs, squeezing them and accentuating her cleavage. “...well, I’ve got you beat hands down.” Looking up and ‘catching’ her brother gawking at her bosom, Evie gave Jason a little wink and continued unfastening his pants.

“So how about you let me do what I’m good at. I’m not going to tell you how to do computer stuff, and you don’t tell me how to market to thirsty boys.” His pants opened, and his fly down, Evie reached in, wrapped her hands around Jason’s already hardening cock, and pulled it free.

“And, speaking of things I’m good at...,” Evie leaned in, her intent obvious.

Trying—and failing—to get his sister’s attention before she began, Jason said, “Sis, before you... umm... begin..., one more thing. Sorry, I suspect I might forget to mention it later based on... well... when you’ve done this before... I ahh... You’re right; you are really good at this,” he stammered.

She looked up at him patiently, expectantly.

“I need you to do one more thing.”

She gestured with her eyes, indicating for him to continue, but rather than wait, she leaned back in, returning him to her mouth, and continued.

“Oh, fuck!” Jason exclaimed. “That is... you are...”

Evie again looked up at her brother, indicating with her eyes that she was waiting to hear his request.

“Right, I need you to convince mom to start using the app. Mom... and Beth...” He was slow to add his older sister, almost as if he was ashamed to say it.

With an audible “pop,” Evelin pulled off her brother’s cock, sat back, and looked up at him, an odd expression on her face.

“Yeah, I knew you’d want Mom to start using it. In fact, I’ve pretty much already convinced her. But Beth...?” Evie squeezed Jason’s dick, just hard enough to get his attention. She stared into his eyes for just a moment, then added, “You are ambitions.”

Then with no further preamble, Evelin once again took her brother into her mouth and began working his wood expertly.

“Wait,” Jason said, shock and confusion in his voice. “You knew I’d want Mom to use the app? How!? And how did you talk her into it?”

Not stopping, Evie spoke with her mouth full, “uck ick ow... aawk aiter...”

“Right...,” Jason acquiesced, his brain already giving in to the pleasure, “we’ll talk later...”

* * *

Two days later, things really started moving.

Jason’s (and Evelin’s) new app—called GF Encouragement—was approved for sale in the app stores. The GF stood for Girlfriend but fearing that it might invite scrutiny, Jason had incorporated an LLC under Good Feelings, LLC.

That was the name he’d used when registering with Apple and Google.

With approval out of the way, Jason did a few tests, ensured everything was working, then sent the appropriate links to Evie for her social marketing campaign.

Later that evening, when Jason heard a knock at the door, his heart skipped a beat. He knew it was silly. It would be days before he should expect any sort of feedback from Evie’s efforts.

Even so, he was excited to discuss her progress, especially since she’d been so tight-lipped about her plans.

Oddly, the door remained closed.

Jason had repeatedly reminded his sister to knock before entering his room. And, despite all her otherwise submissive and obedient behaviors, this was one area where he had experienced little success.

The best he had been able to achieve was to get Evie to knock before walking right in. She never waited for his permission, though.

And, while he acted annoyed with her, the truth was that her exuberance at seeing him made up for it. In fact, if he was completely honest with himself, he actually kinda liked it.

This is why he found her odd behavior so aggravating now. He was already so nervous and excited about the app that he really didn’t want her playing any stupid games at the moment.

Standing and walking to the door, Jason snatched it open as he angrily said, “What the hell...” He trailed off as he realized that rather than is sister and sex partner, it was his mother standing there.

“Excuse me!” she said, the anger in her voice easily surpassing Jason’s.

“Oh, uh, sorry, Mom. I... umm... thought...”

“You thought what? You thought that you could talk to your mother like that?”

“No, ma’am. I thought you were Evelin.”

“And you think you can talk to your sister that way.”

“No, it’s... ahh... it’s... she’s... she’s been bugging me to help her with her homework, and I...”

“And you damn well better help her. You understand me?!?”

“Yes.”

“Good.”

It had been so long since Janice had bothered Jason in his room, especially in the evening, that he had been taken entirely off guard. He felt like an idiot, but years of practice had taught him to keep his emotions in check around his mother.

“You’re right, Mom. I’m sorry. I’ll apologize to Evelin right away,” Jason’s tone was one of total subservience. It disgusted him.

“You better, and I’ll be asking her about it.”

Jason just stood there with his head down, enduring his mother’s withering gaze for what felt like minutes before she finally spoke up.

“Anyway,” she started, thrusting her phone at him. “Your little sister told me you installed an app on her phone that she really likes. Put it on my phone and show me how to use it.”

“Oh, sure. It will take a couple minutes. I can bring it to you when it’s ready,” Jason said, trying to sound helpful.

The truth was he didn’t want Janice in his room. Thankfully he hadn’t been looking at porn or anything because if she saw that on his screen, who knows how she’d react.

And, while he knew all the app-related windows he had open would mean nothing to her, it was his goal to make his computer seem as unimportant to Janice as possible.

The moment she realized how important it was to him, or how integral it was to his ability to make money, was the moment she would find some excuse to take it away.

“No, I’ll wait,” replied his mother, eyeing him suspiciously.

“Okay, no problem. Just give me a few minutes.”

Working quickly, Jason connected his mother’s phone to his computer. He transferred a special version of his app to her phone.

The commercial version, available in the app store, was marketed toward thirsty dudes who wanted a sexy woman’s voice in their ear. Jason knew that wouldn’t fly with his mom (especially since the sexy woman’s voice was that of her youngest daughter).

So, he had kept a stripped-down, utilitarian version for this very purpose.

With the files transferred, he quickly dug through the settings on the phone until he found the buried developer settings. Then, after tweaking a few options, he installed the app.

That done, he presented the phone back to his mother and showed her how to activate the app and choose an audio program.

“And then what?” his mother asked.

“Then you just play your favorite music and go to sleep. The app will play special tones along with your music that helps you to sleep better and feel more rested,” he replied.

“And how did you find this app?” Janice asked, always suspicious of her only son.

“I didn’t,” Jason quickly responded. “Evie did.”

“She told me you found it.”

‘Oh, shit.’ Jason thought. “I mean, she told me she had heard of it and asked me to find it and figure out how to use it.“

Seemingly ignoring his last remark, Jason’s mother simply said, “Show me again how to use it.” She attempted to hand the phone back to Jason.

However, he didn’t take it and instead responded, “Here, I’ll walk you through it. That way, you’ll be more likely to remember it later.”

It was a wholly harmless and accurate statement. Still, Janice reacted like he had just hurled the most hurtful insult imaginable at her.

“I’ll be more likely to remember it,” she raised her voice. “Just what is that supposed to mean? That I’m old and forgetful? That I’m not as smart as you? Huh, Jason? How DARE you talk to me that way!”

Jason tried to explain, “No, Mom, I just meant if you do it yourself... It’s not an insult... I was just trying to...” He found himself unable to finish a coherent thought because he knew that she would twist it no matter what he said.

“I am so sick of your attitude,” she continued ignoring his desperate attempts at explaining. “It’s almost like you enjoy being punished.”

As she said that, Janice looked around the room, obviously looking for some way to punish her son.

“You’ve left me no choice, Jason. I’m taking your computer.”

“What!?” Jason was in shock. “No, Mom, you don’t understand. I need...”

Janice glared at her son and raised an eyebrow. The threat contained therein was enough to silence Jason. He knew that if he let his emotions get the better of him, he would regret it.

“Right now, young man. Hand it over.”

“Huh? The whole thing?” Jason asked, genuinely confused.

“I’m not stupid, Jason. I don’t want the whole thing just that part,” she pointed at the tower sitting on the floor. “Unplug everything and give me the modem.”

Despite his outrage, there was still a part of Jason that desperately wanted to correct his mother. But, pointing out that it wasn’t called a modem would not do him any favors.

Biting his tongue, Jason powered off his computer, then bending down, disconnected all the peripherals, picked up his PC, and attempted to hand it to his mother.

“Go put it in my bedroom. If you are well behaved, you can have it back in a week.”

Jason nearly dropped the PC as she spoke. ‘A week!?! I can’t be without my computer for a week. Okay, gotta stay calm. If I lose it, it’s only going to be worse.’

Keeping his absolute panic off of his face and out of his voice, Jason simply responded, “Yes, ma’am.”

Taking his time on the stairs—Jason could NOT afford to drop and damage his computer—he carried the PC to the first floor, down the hall, and into his mother’s room.

He set the machine down in the corner, out of the way, then stood and looked around.

Jason always hated being in this room and avoided it as much as possible. But, with his slate of household chores, he still spent at least a couple hours here every week. Vacuuming, dusting, hanging his mother’s laundry, and cleaning her bathroom.

It wasn’t the fact that it was the lair of his oppressor, though that was undoubtedly part of it. Rather it was the lies on display on every wall and flat surface. Photos, mostly. Images of happier times that belied the total disfunction that had consumed his family.

And, while there were pictures of his sisters from various stages of their lives up to and including the present, not a single photo or memento hinted at his existence beyond ten years ago.

It had always bothered Jason, but it was only now, in the light of the revelations shared by his younger sister, Evelin, that Jason began to comprehend the darker, sadder meaning behind his partial absence in this room.

It was as if when his father died, Jason simply stopped growing. After all, he was present here, just a younger version of himself. The image of his thirteen-year-old self smiled back at him from several framed pictures.

There he was in that old family photo. Mom had made everyone get dressed up, and they drove to a strip mall portrait studio. Oddly, to this day, Jason remembered not the photoshoot itself but the endless back and forth as his parents chose a “package” and the saleswomen tried to upsell them.

There he was again, hanging on the wall above a nightstand.

And on Janice’s dresser stood his school photo. Jason wasn’t exactly sure when that particular photo was taken, but he guessed it would have been somewhere around the eighth grade based on his haircut.

Stepping toward that framed photo, then glancing around the room, Jason realized something that had never occurred to him before. That particular image was one of the largest pictures in his mother’s bedroom.

More than that, it was set apart. There were no other photos on the dresser, just his.

Odder still, surrounding the photo were several objects that Jason hadn’t thought about in years—except as more junk to dust. They were keepsakes from his past.

A “gold” medallion commemorating his little league baseball team reaching—but not winning—the State finals.

A bracelet he had made at summer camp one year.

A souvenir shot glass that he had bought for his mother while on a school trip to Washington D.C.

The weird thing was that for years Jason hadn’t even thought about these items. They were just more to clean, and he was usually desperate to complete his tasks and get out of his bitch of a mother’s bedroom.

Standing here now, though, looking at the assortment before him, he realized something.

Janice had built a shrine to him on her dresser. Or, more accurately, she had made a shrine to his younger self.

Evie was right. Jason’s mother had issues. And, at least one of those issues seemed to be the need to see her son as he was before her husband died.

Some strange way of holding on to the past? Jason didn’t know.

“What are you doing?” the sound of Janice’s voice started Jason out of his introspection.

“Uhh... I uhh... noticed that I missed a spot when dusting the other day. I was just making a mental note to be sure and take care of that tomorrow,” Jason replied, doing his best to make up a reasonable excuse.

“Oh. Well, good,” Janice responded. “Deal with it tomorrow; I want you out of my bedroom.”

With that, Jason headed back upstairs to his own bedroom.

This development with his mother and his computer was definitely an issue. But, Jason figured that once Evie was home, she would loan him her laptop.

Heck, maybe if Evie told Janice that Jason needed his computer to help her study, he could get it back sooner.

Bored while waiting for his little sister, Jason tried to access his servers via his phone. Even with a top-of-the-line phone, the process would have been cumbersome and unproductive, at best. But, with his outdated piece of shit, he couldn’t do anything.

He was stuck till Evie got home. So, with that in mind, he picked up a book and decided to read for a bit.

* * *

Thirty-six hours later and Jason still hadn’t heard from Evelin. He’d called and texted her multiple times, but she had not responded.

Worried that something might have happened, he asked his mother after Evie. Acting as if it was the most annoying question in the world, she informed Jason that his sister was fine, had spent the weekend with a friend, and was expected home later in the day.

Why was she ignoring him? It had Jason worried. It was all he could think about as he went about his chores, and it had him sick to his stomach. Even grocery shopping—something that he enjoyed as it got him out of the house and allowed him to use his mom’s car—couldn’t improve his mood.

There really was only one answer. Evie’s hypnotic conditioning had broken.

Just a couple days ago, she was practically obsessed with her big brother. And, while she wasn’t necessarily at his beck and call, she never would have ignored him for two whole days.

That evening Jason sat in his room listening intently for the sounds of Evie’s arrival home.

The minutes ticked by slowly as Jason waited in silence, being tortured by his own thoughts.

Without Evelin, all his plans were ruined. But that was the least of it. What if she told? He’d be on the street for sure and possibly in prison.

Without access to a computer, there was nothing he could do to cover his tracks. Maybe, just maybe, he could manage to get his computer back. Or, if necessary, he might be able to flee home before Evie, or his mom called the police. He’d head to campus and use one of the computer labs to access his accounts and delete anything incriminating.

Sure, a full forensic investigation would prove what he had done to Evie, but that was a long shot. The story that, “My brother brainwashed me into being his sex slave through an app on my phone,” was somewhat fantastical.

Would law enforcement even believe such a story?

Even a thorough investigation wouldn’t reveal anything, as long as Jason got a chance to access a computer. And the likelihood that a skilled cyber investigator would be assigned to the case was almost zero.

All that being said, Evie still might be able to prove that they had an incestuous relationship. Jason had no idea what the penalty for incest was or if it was even a crime among consenting adults. Then again, Evelin could claim that it wasn’t consensual.

There would be no way to prove anything either way. But, when it came to rape, often just the accusation was enough to ruin someone’s life for years, assuming he wasn’t wrongfully convicted.

Jason considered that for a moment. “Wrongfully convicted.” Would it be? Had he raped his little sister? No, he hadn’t forced her—in the moment. But he had twisted her mind into believing it was something she wanted. Was that the same as rape?

The more Jason thought about it, the more the answer seemed obvious.

It was about the time that worry and despair started to turn to self-loathing that there was a quiet knock at the door.

‘Oh shit! It’s Evie. Just act cool. We’ll get through this,’ Jason coached himself as he got up to open the door. He was leary about repeating his mistake with his mother a couple days earlier, so he politely called out, “Coming.“

When he opened the door, he was entirely taken by surprise. Rather than his plucky little sister, or his bitch of a mother, standing before him was his older sister Beth.

“May I come in,” she asked. Beth carried a somewhat stern expression, but it was clear that she was nervous.

Jason had no idea what his older sister could possibly want. Indeed, their recent exchange in the hall had been one of their most protracted “conversations” in years.

“Uh, sure,” Jason responded, clearly unsure what was going on. In fact, he was so confused that contrary to his words, he failed to actually move out of his sister’s way.

Beth just looked at him and raised her eyebrows expectantly.

“Oh, yeah, sorry,” Jason stammered. “Uh, here,” he said, indicating his desk chair, “have a seat.”

Beth glanced at the chair but hesitated. Then as if making up her mind, she sighed, moved to the chair, and sat.

Jason followed suit and sat on the edge of his bed.

“So, uh, what can I do for,” Jason started, but Beth quickly interrupted him.

“Are you sleeping with Evelin?” Beth stared her brother straight in the eye.

Jason’s heart rate shot up as his brain struggled to come up with some lie that would get him out of this.

He had been so careless. His bedroom literally shared a wall with Beth’s. And while the first few times, he and Evie had been careful to be quiet, the truth was they had gotten lax over the weeks.

More than that, they had at times been downright loud. His little sister liked it rough, and he enjoyed giving it to her rough.

“Sleeping with? I mean, there’s been a few times we stayed up late talking and just kinda drifted off, so I guess...,” it sounded lame even to Jason.

“You know what I mean, Jason. Are You Fucking Our Sister?!?” Beth asked again, clearly accentuating each word.

It took Jason a moment to figure out what was so off-putting about his older sister at this moment. He realized that it was her demeanor. She was calm. Not angry, not accusing, just calm... but intense.

In fact, her gaze was so focused and intense that Jason had trouble meeting her eyes.

It was readily apparent that lying was not an option. This wasn’t the type of question one just throws out there if they’re unsure. Beth knew. How much she knew was yet to be seen, but without question, she knew.

“Yes,” was all Jason said.

“How long?” was Beth’s pointed reply.

“A couple weeks,” Jason answered, but Beth just looked at him dubiously, so he amended his statement... “We ‘went all the way’ a couple weeks ago, but we’ve been fooling around for about a month.”

Beth sighed, “That’s what I figured.”

Unsure of what to say and terrified of where this might be going, Jason sat staring at the floor as his older sister regarded him in silence for nearly two whole minutes.

“You really shit the bed here, little brother,” Beth eventually said, still seeming to peer deep into Jason’s soul.

It was the tone of her voice, the simple “matter of factness” about it that caused Jason to look up. How was Beth so calm? How was she not freaking out? He returned her gaze, his face painted with confusion.

That must have been what set her off.

“So, Mom’s got you trapped here at home, and you just decided to seduce your little sister? Was that it?” Beth’s voice was starting to gain some emotion.

“Wha... No...,” Jason tried before he was cut off.

“What the actual fuck, Jason. She’s your sister! You get that, right? You get that she’s your flesh and blood? That’s fucked up. It’s illegal, and it’s fucked up! You know that, right?” Beth was angry now, and her voice reflected it. Jason didn’t know if his mother was home, but if she was, she’d be storming up the stairs any moment now.

Jason just stared at his sister with absolute terror in his eyes.

“I asked you a fucking question!” Beth demanded.

“No, I mean, yes, I don’t know!” Jason’s tone matched his sister’s. “I guess I hadn’t really thought about it. It all just kind of happened.”

“Clearly!” Beth was standing now. “Clearly, you didn’t think about it. Is that all Evelin is to you, Jason? She’s just an afterthought? Just a naive high school girl to use for your pleasure?”

“What, no. I...,” Jason was flummoxed, unsure. Beth sensed his weakness and pounced.

“You what? Huh, Jason? You what? You didn’t mean to manipulate your own sister into bed with you? You didn’t intend to take her virginity? Cause you know what, you little shit? I think you did!

“I think you knew exactly what you were doing. You knew all the crazy bullshit that Mom had pumped into her head over the past ten years. You knew that she had a bit of a ‘reputation.’

“And you figured... Didn’t you, Jason? You figured that you could take advantage of her to get your dick wet.

“And what? Huh? Just walk away from her, from this family, the moment you can save up some money?

“What was the plan, boy genius? Fuck her mind while you fuck her cunt and leave the remnants for me to deal with?”

Beth was standing over Jason now, shouting down at him while he stared up at her, unable to speak during her barrage.

As she slowed, Jason realized she was expecting an answer.

“No, I’m not using her,” Jason finally responded defensively.

“Really? You expect me to believe that? Cause I don’t. And, let me guess, you’re not planning on turning your back on her the second you can be free of us.

“Jason, I’ve heard you through the wall. I’ve heard the vile things you say to her. I’ve heard, more than enough, to imagine the sort of vile things you’re doing to her. And you expect me to believe, for one second, that you’re not just using her?”

“What? No. It’s not like that. We get a little... I mean, she likes it when I... Look, it’s complicated,” Jason tried to respond.

“Oh, I disagree. There’s nothing complicated about it. You’re a predator who has manipulated your little sister into an incestuous sexual relationship. You’re a monster, Jason. A monster who is using Evie for his own sick gratification.” When she finished, the anger had left her voice. In its place were disappointment and disgust.

“No, please, Beth, wait. It’s not like that,” Jason pleaded with his older sister, and even as the words left his mouth, a realization came over him. Regardless of anything else, Jason needed Beth to know that she was wrong.

“Then what is it like, Jason?“

“Look, you’re right. I did manipulate Evie. But I just wanted some more help with chores.”

“Honestly,” Jason quickly added to avoid her inevitable rejoinder.

“I was expecting her to offer to help with laundry or to run the vacuum or something. Instead, she offered me...something else.

“And yes, it felt weird and wrong, but it also felt amazing. I’m a twenty-three-year-old man who has never known the touch of a woman because I’m locked up in this house playing Cinderella to you people.”

At his accusation, Beth’s angry glare faltered for a brief moment. Jason saw the shift and considered pressing the point, but something inside told him that was a losing strategy.

“I was weak, and I allowed it to continue. And, even after she told me about all the fucked up things Mom conditioned her with, I still allowed it... No, I encouraged it.

“But, I didn’t encourage it because I wanted more handjobs from my sister. I did it because, after the handjobs, we’d talk... for hours.

“I’ve spent more time talking with Evie in the past few weeks than I have for the previous ten years combined.

“And you know what? I learned that I really like spending time with her. She’s smart and fun and funny. She’s kind and caring and selfless. She’s a better person than I’ll ever be and I both envy and respect her immensely.”

It was strange. Jason wasn’t thinking about his words. They were just spilling out of him. It was like he’d been wanting to share this with someone but hadn’t had a chance. Now that the opportunity presented itself, he just couldn’t hold back.

As he spoke, the part of his mind watching all this unfold sensed that this speech was leading somewhere. The conclusion seemed inevitable; it was both terrifying and exhilarating.

“Over the hours of conversation, I came to realize that I didn’t see Evie as my sister. I saw her as a woman. I don’t know why, maybe because we’ve been effectively living separate lives for the past ten years. Regardless, whatever barrier exists that keeps siblings from... that keeps siblings apart, well, it’s not there for us.

“So yeah, this all started with me manipulating Evie to help me around the house. And yes, I’m a monster for allowing it to go as far as it did.

“But, something changed in me, before we ever had sex. Beth, I love Evelin. I’m IN love with Evelin. Alright?

“So, do what you need to do, and tell who you need to tell. But I want you to understand. I love her, and I’m never going to leave her.

“And Beth, for what it’s worth, even if I leave this house, I’ll never turn my back on this family. I promised Evie that I’d bring this family back together, and I will... somehow.”

Even as he had said it, Jason questioned his words. But, as he sat with them for a moment, he realized they were true. He had fallen in love with Evie.

It wasn’t such a big stretch. He had already loved her. She was his sister, after all. So it wasn’t something completely new. Rather, that love he’d already possessed had simply evolved. It grew into something more profound, and it had happened with such subtlety that he hadn’t even noticed until this moment.

“Good enough?” Beth asked, looking back over her shoulder.

“Good enough...?” Jason responded. “It’s the tru...” he was cut off as a voice came from the other side of the door.

“Yeah. Thanks, Beth.” Evie opened Jason’s bedroom door and stepped in. Jason looked at her, totally confused, her face a somber mask.

“Would you mind letting us talk,” she continued speaking to her older sister.

“Sure thing,” Beth replied, turned, and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her.

Used to being in charge with his younger sister, Evelin, Jason was the first to speak. “Evie, what the hell is going on? Where have you been? I’ve been trying to reach you for days. And what was all this with Beth? She knows about us? Did you tell her? I am so freaking confused right now!”

Evie met the eyes of her big brother, a look of absolute incredulity written across her face. “You’re confused? Really? YOU’RE confused?” her voice was rising, and Jason realized he was about to get yelled at... again.

“Imagine, big brother, how confused I was when I heard your voice coming through my phone telling me what to think and how to feel.

“Imagine my confusion when suddenly I’m made to doubt the happiest time of my life and everything I’ve been feeling for the past month.

“Because Jason, that was pretty fucking confusing,” Evie was angry, no question, but her words carried just as much sadness.

“Evie, let me explain,” Jason tried, but his sister shut him down.

“Jason, I’m still working through this, and right now, I need to talk. You’re going to listen, and I’m going to talk. Don’t interrupt; just listen.”

Jason nodded.

“A couple days ago, I started on my marketing campaign for the app. I needed a little help, so I went over to my friend Britney’s place.

“It was pretty late by the time we were done, and we just decided I should stay over. No big deal.

“The thing was I was super excited—and a little worried—about things going well with the app. You’re whole plan, you’re ability to move out, it all hinged on that app, and I wanted it to go well.

“With all that weighing on me, I just couldn’t sleep.

“Lying there, I realized, ‘Hey, why not use the app to help me fall asleep.’ So I fired it up and tried to get comfortable.

“The thing was, between being so worked up and being in a somewhat unfamiliar place, the app wasn’t helping.

“Even so, I just kept lying there listening to music.”

Jason realized where this was going, and his stomach dropped. Everything suddenly made sense. Well, Evie, her recent silence and her current emotional state made sense. How Beth got involved was still a mystery.

He had never planned for this. The whole point of the app was to get the subject to fall asleep first. That’s why he captured audio and video from the user’s phone. He needed to be sure that they were asleep before starting the hypnotic suggestions.

With Evie, he got lazy. She had been so conditioned to the app (she’d been listening for weeks now) that he assumed it would put her under quick.

And, he was probably correct for just about any other day. But there was just too much going on. She was worried and restless. She’d probably had some caffeine, and there may have even been some adrenaline flowing through her veins.

All the conditioning in the world wasn’t going to put her to sleep. And Jason had never considered that she might try to use the app in such a state.

“So, again,” she continued, unaware of the rush of realization taking place in her brother’s mind, “Imagine my surprise when I hear your voice beginning to talk to me through the app.

“What was it you said? ‘Repeat after me... Jason deserves my love... Jason is my man... I reward Jason with my body...’

“My god, Jason... Did you try to brainwash me?” She was staring at her brother, her face a mostly indecipherable jumble of emotions.

Interestingly there was something behind all of it. Fear. For everything that Evelin was feeling, underlying everything else was fear. But of what? Jason didn’t know.

It was that fear he saw which, oddly, gave Jason a glimmer of hope. Well, the fear and one other thing.

The fear because Evie wasn’t afraid of Jason. If someone had twisted your will and forced you to do things you would never do, you would likely be afraid of that person. Angry, sure, but also afraid. But the fear in Evelin’s eyes wasn’t a fear of Jason.

If Evie wasn’t afraid of Jason, then she was afraid of something else. She was afraid of what this conversation might reveal or how it might conclude. Jason realized that if Evie was afraid this conversation may go badly, then at least part of her must be hopeful that it would go well.

Interesting.

The other thing that gave Jason hope was Evie’s word choice. She had said, “Did you try to brainwash me?” She used the word “try.“

She wasn’t accusing her brother of brainwashing her. She was accusing him of trying to brainwash her.

It was a bit odd with everything going on, but thinking about Evie’s word choice sparked a memory in Jason. Weeks ago, while researching hypnosis, Jason had learned something fascinating about hypnosis subjects.

Usually, even in subjects who experience profound change due to hypnosis, the subject is highly reluctant to give credit for the change to hypnosis.

The reason is rather simple. When using hypnosis, the “change” one experiences comes from within. It bubbles up—for lack of a better phrase—from the subconscious to the conscious mind. So, the change never feels like change. It just feels natural.

As a point of contrast, consider, for a moment, the marathon-running vegan who a few years ago was a 350lb obese couch potato. They had a heart attack, and that episode, the pain, the fear, the sense of fragile mortality weighed so heavily on them that they changed completely.

That’s how people expect change to happen. They expect it to come externally. They expect it to take willpower and perseverance. And usually, they expect it to be a long, miserable process.

Hypnosis works in a very different way. You never struggle. The change just comes from within. You simply feel different and effortlessly make different choices.

Because of that, many hypnotherapy subjects never give credit to the hypnosis. They just feel like they “got over it” or “decided to make a change.”

That’s precisely what was happening here. Evie thought Jason tried to brainwash her because, to her experience, it hadn’t worked. From her point of view, all the things she’d been feeling and doing of late were choices she had made of her own free will.

As soon as Jason recognized what was happening, he knew he could probably salvage this situation.

“Well?” Evie prompted her brother.

It had only been a few seconds, but Jason didn’t want Evelin to think he was stalling.

“Yes,” he finally said with a sigh.

“Yes, I tried to brainwash you,” Jason said, resigned. “But it’s not what you think, I swear,” he quickly added.

Evelin sat down in Jason’s desk chair, swiveled to face him, and said, “You’re going to tell me everything, and I don’t care if it takes all night.”

Jason looked at the floor as he tried to gather his thoughts. As quick as he could, he went through the timeline of events. As he did, it became apparent that he had NOT brainwashed his little sister in all actuality. Not really.

In fact, he had never intended for things to turn out the way they had. He had undoubtedly helped things along, but it truly was Evelin who made the first sexual advances. Such a relationship with his sister had, prior to her first handjob, never even occurred to him.

Oddly, for as crazy and messed up as the past few weeks had been, the truth was not particularly damning. All Jason had to do was slightly alter a couple points along the timeline. By doing so, he would go from being an evil, perverted mastermind to a hapless bystander who had gotten swept up in forces bigger than he was.

“Jason, please start talking. Because if you wait any longer, or if I even think you’re lying to me, I’m walking out. And Jason,” Evie was almost pleading now, “if I leave this room angry, I swear to you we will never speak again.”

“Evie, wait. I’m sorry. Please... there’s a lot to say, and I was trying to figure out where to start,” Jason tried to placate his sister.

“I said I don’t care if it takes all night. Start at the beginning. Now.” She was clearly losing patience.

So Jason did as she asked and started at the beginning.

He told her, again—as he’d already relayed the story weeks ago—about his tuition not being paid. This time, though, he told her about the old man on the bus. About his words that “life can be a bitch” and that you’ve got to “make that bitch yours.”

Jason talked about his determination to get some sort of revenge on his mother. He told Evie had he’d spent about a week scouring every inch of his mother’s online and offline life trying to find some “dirt” to blackmail her with.

He told Evie about getting the contract with HAS to make, for all intents and purposes, a hypnosis app.

He described how, while researching hypnosis, he realized that it could be the tool to get his revenge. But he wasn’t sure. He needed some way to test the app and the abilities of hypnosis.

With shame on his face and in his voice, he explained how he had decided to use her, Evie, as his test subject. But, before she could get too upset, he pulled out his phone and opened the original script he had used on her. (His phone was a piece of shit, but even it could open a text file stored in the cloud.)

He handed her the phone and asked her to read the script. There was nothing sexual at all. It was just about how hard Jason worked and how he deserved kindness, love, and to be rewarded for all that hard work.

Reading the script seemed to visibly calm Evie, so Jason continued.

He told his sister that he was completely unprepared when she came into his room that very first time. He never would have, in a million years, thought something like that would happen.

“Do you remember how confused I was?” he prompted her.

Evie’s eyes shifted up as she probed her memories. There was no denying who was in control during that first encounter. It had been her idea, and seeing the script, it was clear to her that, at the time, she was, in fact, feeling the things his script indicated. Still, it was HER decision to reward him sexually.

“I never anticipated where things would go, and I never desired, at least not consciously, to have a sexual relationship with you. I just wanted to be treated with kindness. I just wanted to be rewarded for all my hard work. I was just so sick of always being punished for nothing.

“Trying to manipulate you was wrong. The truth is,” Jason sighed, “I just saw you as a test subject. After all the years of... servitude... I didn’t think of you as my sister. Maybe I didn’t even think of you as a person. I’m sorry.”

Evelin had clearly softened. Her face, the tension she had been carrying, it all relaxed. Even her voice lost its edge when she spoke again.

“Did it work? When I came into your room that night... was it because of the recordings? Was that me, or was that your app?” her voice had taken on a sense of desperation, and Jason realized that she was scared of what the answer might be.

“It was you,” Jason said reassuringly. “The app nudged you; I won’t deny it. But, everything I’ve come to learn about hypnosis says that you can’t make someone do something they don’t want to do. You can, however, reinforce existing thoughts and feelings or maybe bring buried ones to the surface.

“Everything that you felt and everything you did was already part of you. The app just helped you to act on it,” Jason paused, waiting for more questions.

“And what about the suggestions I heard? About using my body to reward you? About you being my man?” a hint of suspicion had entered back into her voice.

“Those are your own words,” Jason replied. The look of confusion on his sister’s face prompted him to continue.

“That night you came to me the day (or was it two days) after your last date. We talked, and those were the words you used.

“Well, to be perfectly honest, I may have paraphrased a little, but you said something very similar.

“Everything you said to me was... it was exhilarating. I had never felt so much hope for the future,” as he said it, Jason realized he was speaking the truth about how he had felt.

“I was terrified that you would change your mind. That you would come into my room and tell me you’d thought it over and realized you didn’t actually feel that way.

“For the first time in a decade, I had a real connection with someone in my family, and I was absolutely terrified that I would lose it.

“So, I made that recording. I used your own words in an effort to reinforce those feelings in the hopes that they would become permanent. I’m sorry,” Jason again hung his head. Partly because under the gaze of his sister, he did feel some shame for what he had done, but mostly so that she wouldn’t see the lie in his eyes.

She had used those words with him. But, she was parroting the recording, not the other way around.

This was Jason’s big gamble. Everything else he’d said had been true. But by saying he made the recording AFTER her confession (to reinforce it) rather than making it BEFORE (to create it), he was changing the entire narrative.

Jason did believe that hypnosis really couldn’t make you do anything you didn’t already want to do. His recordings truly had only nudged his sister.

That much was true.

But, it was also true that without the recordings, none of this ever would have happened. Whatever guilt Evelin had felt, whatever latent “big brother crush” she had buried inside, she never would have acted on them. He wasn’t blameless.

“Jason, I wish you would have trusted me. When I said those words, they were real. I meant them. I didn’t need them to be reinforced,” Evie was on the verge of tears.

‘Holy shit! She bought it!’ Jason thought to himself. ‘Okay, take it slow. Let her set the emotional tone. Let her lead.’

Jason couldn’t cry on command. As a tactic to manipulate his mother, it hadn’t worked, so he never developed it as a skill.

He was pretty good at controlling his facial features, though, so he put on an affectation that matched his sister’s stricken visage.

“Jason, the last couple of days have been hard. I’ve missed you so much, and as angry and confused as I’ve been, I was afraid that our relationship was over,” Evie began. Her voice was mostly steady, even though tears ran down her cheeks.

Standing, she walked to her brother and embraced him.

Holding him tight, she spoke, “These past couple of days have been so emotional. I’m still processing everything. I’m not mad at you, but other than that, I really don’t know what I feel.”

Evie stepped back before continuing, “I need a little time to get this all sorted out in my head. We’ll talk later... tomorrow. We’ll talk tomorrow after school.”

She turned to leave before adding, “Is that okay?”

“Yeah,” Jason replied. “Of course. We’ll talk tomorrow.”

Evie reached for the doorknob but stopped and turned back around. “After hearing your voice on my phone, I kinda assumed what was going on. I spent a LOT of time the next day researching hypnosis, and I want you to know I believe what you told me today. Thank you for being honest with me.”

Jason just nodded in reply.

“I’m in a weird place, and I need to get my head around everything. But Jason, I still love you. You are my man. I stand by my promises to you.

“Here,” she pulled out her phone and began sliding and tapping. “I’m sending you a couple files. I think this might be helpful.”

With that, Jason’s little sister was gone, and he breathed a sigh of relief.

This was a setback, but Jason was pretty sure they’d recover from this in a few days.

He was still a little worried about his older sister, Beth. He’d need to figure out what she knew and if she was going to get in the way.

His phone buzzed, and he pulled it out. Sure enough, Evie had sent him two files. Beth1.txt and Mom1.txt.

Opening Mom1.txt, Jason’s jaw hit the floor as he read:

Mom Part One

Jason is my boy.

A boy grows up to be a man.

Jason has grown up.

Jason is my little-man.

A little-man grows up to be a man.

Jason has grown up.

A family needs a man.

Jason is part of my family.

A family needs a man.

A man to take care of the family.

A man of the house.

Jason is the man of the house.

Men have needs.

Men’s needs must be satisfied.

Jason is a man.

Unsatisfied men leave.

Jason must stay.

This was remarkable. Apparently, despite what she’d been struggling with over the past few days, Evie took the time to read up on hypnosis and put together a script for their mother.

Obviously, she’d used his recording for her as a template, and it looked good.

In fact, the more Jason thought about it, the more he realized that this was perfect.

He’d already come to the conclusion that his mother still saw him as a child. If they were going to play on her fears of losing the man in her life, they first had to establish that Jason was a man.

And that little “men have needs” line was brilliant. It was ambiguous enough not to be too heavy-handed. But, based on what Evie had told him about their mother, it would also grease the wheels for what was to come later.

Evelin was remarkable. She was proving to be a perfect partner. The thought of it filled Jason with real hope for the future.

He considered texting her to say, “thanks,” but she had asked for space. He decided to just let her be for now.

* * *

Later that night, Jason was coaxed from sleep by the sound of someone entering his room.

Barely awake and without the usual lights from his computer, he struggled to figure out what was happening until the visitor climbed into bed with him.

Sleep addled and operating primarily on instinct, Jason made room for the soft intruder, who also happened to smell great.

By this point, memory jogged by her sent, Jason realized it was Evelin.

“Evie, you okay?” he whispered.

“Just hold me,” she responded as she snuggled up with him.

To his surprise, he found myself nearly overcome with joy. These past couple of days of uncertainty had stressed him more than he realized. And lying here with Evelin in his arms, everything seemed right.

He pulled her into him just a little tighter, kissed the top of her head, and, feeling a great sense of relief, quickly fell back to sleep.