The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Taste

by Reth Eldirood

(Chapter 3)

“No, not tonight,” Hanna rebuked Sarah gently, as she entered the closet and looked for some clothes. “I’ve been feeding on you off and on the last two weeks, and I can see I’ve taken more out of you than you realize.”

Sarah pouted, sitting on the corner of the bed. “But I feel fine,” she said softly.

Hanna snorted loudly. “Yeah, I’m sure you do,” she called from the back of her closet, the sound slightly muffled. “Look, your skin is paler than it was even last week, you’ve been slogging out of bed slower each morning, and you’ve lost quite a bit of your energy in the bedroom. You’re showing minor signs of anemia, and I don’t need a doctor to tell me what caused it.”

Sarah sighed, but relented. “Yeah, you’re right, I know,” she replied. “I just... As stupid as this sounds, I think I might be a bit jealous of the idea of you going out there and doing this with someone else.”

“You knew it was going to happen, Sarah,” Hanna reminded her, coming out of the closet in a simple outfit of jeans and a dark blouse under a leather designer jacket. “I told you that I could never use you as an exclusive food source when we started this. There’s just too much I need to take, I can’t get it from one person. You’re strong, but not that strong.”

Hanna sat down on the bed next to Sarah. “To top all that off, you’ve grown on me quite a bit. And I wouldn’t risk losing what we have for a snack,” she said, smiling at her. “You need to remember that you and I are more than just me biting you.”

Sarah nodded, looking up at Hanna. “You’re right,” she said. “Thank you, I think I needed that little chat.” Hanna made to stand up, but Sarah reached for her hand. “This might be a bit much for me to ask, but...” she trailed off.

Hanna turned to face her. “Yes?” she asked after a few seconds of silence.

Sarah took a deep breath. “Would it be okay for me to come with you? Maybe I... can... help you... or something, I dunno.” She lowered her head, trying to hide her blush.

Hanna looked at Sarah. After a long moment, she said, “You know, you have a talent for being incredibly shy while saying some pretty brave things.”

Sarah glanced up from the bed, smiling. “I learned a long time ago to only regret decisions I made, instead of choices I never make. That doesn’t always make it easier to ask, though.”

Hanna smirked at that. “Two conditions, if you want to come with,” she said cautiously. “One is that you must do exactly what I tell you to do, up to and including things like ‘help me get this one in the car’ and ‘get out of here, save yourself’, should either of those situations prove necessary.”

Sarah nodded slowly. “And the other?”

“The other,” Hanna continued, her tone gravely serious, “is that you do not attempt to stop me from feeding, or try to play a hero and save whomever from me. I realize that this may be silly to say, but I’m saying it anyway. Don’t try to interfere once it’s started.”

Sarah looked up at her and nodded again. “I understand,” she said.

Hanna stared at her for several seconds in silence. Apparently satisfied, she nodded. “Get ready, then. Dress casual.”

Forty-five minutes later, Sarah parked her car in a lot about two blocks from their destination, a downtown club. The place would be closing, Hanna had explained to her, in about twenty minutes. Sarah would stand near the side of the street, about a half a block away from the club’s parking lot. From there, Sarah would be able to see what was happening in the lot, but would be far enough away to not be easily seen herself. Hanna would approach the club’s bouncer and ask to wait outside for a ride, which she said usually worked.

“If it were a guy, it might look a bit suspicious,” Hanna had explained during the drive, then put on a pleading tone to her voice, “but Saturday night outside a club, I’m not going to be much of a threat to anyone, I’m female, and I’m so puny and weak and pathetic and it’s freezing and I just want somewhere to stand while I wait, I don’t even want to come in, I won’t cause any trouble, just let me stand here and wait for my sister to pick me up? Pu-lease?” she finished, batting her eyes prettily.

Sarah had nearly burst into laughter at the idea of Hanna acting like that, and then she realized that was probably the point, to make them laugh so that they weren’t afraid.

Hanna went on to mention that she would observe the outgoing patrons, see if any of them were alone, and try to isolate him or her from the throng unobserved. “And then...” she trailed off. “Well, you know what then. If I’m out there more than forty five minutes, or if everyone leaves before I manage to snag someone, go get the car and pick me up. If it looks like I’m in trouble, and you think you can help me, go ahead.” She paused for a moment, thinking, then continued, “But if you hear me yell for Jennifer, my old name, then get back to the car. That’ll be the sign for you to know that it’s bigger than you can handle.”

“Do you think that’s likely to happen?” Sarah had asked, more than a bit concerned.

Hanna shook her head at that. “It’s pretty unlikely,” she soothed, “but it’s good to be prepared for the possibility.”

Sarah nodded, and watched as Hanna exited the car quietly. After a full minute, Sarah stepped out as well, locking the car behind her, and followed behind at a distance to wait at her appointed spot.

After twenty minutes of waiting in the cold night air, Sarah noticed some movement in the shadows of the club’s parking lot, and peered through the darkness towards it. She saw a pool of light on the ground in the parking lot, beneath one of the street lights, where two figures were now moving. One she recognized as Hanna, in her red jacket, which gleamed softly in the streetlight. The other she didn’t recognize, a slightly taller, dark-skinned woman in a skirt and blouse combination that was far too revealing for the mid-November weather. She saw Hanna look in her direction, then she raised one arm and pointed in the direction of where they had parked. Sarah nodded, and took off at a brisk pace back towards the lot they had stowed the car in.

Two minutes later, she pulled into the lot where Hanna and the other girl stood. Hanna called out her thanks to the bouncer, who responded to her with a cheerful tone. She then slid her companion into the back seat, and came around to the driver’s side door. She also waved to the bouncer, and hopped in the car. “So,” she said cheerfully, turning to the back seat, “who’s your friend?”

“My name’s Cheya,” the other girl replied quietly. “Your sister offered me a ride... my friend kind of ditched me to go to a private party with some guys somewhere.”

Sarah could hear from Cheya’s tone of voice exactly what she thought of the kind of party her friend had been invited to. “Not a problem,” she confirmed. “I’ve been in that situation myself a few times, so I guess I’m paying it forward now. Where do you live?”

“Um, it’s in Bethesda,” she said, glancing downward. “I know it’s probably out of the way, but if you could just drop me off at the Metro in Shady Grove, I can make my way home from there.”

“Oh, forget that,” Hanna chided her. “We’ll see you home safe. It’s really not a problem, and you know the Metro can be a bit dangerous at night, not to mention the rest of DC. I’d feel a real shit to wake up tomorrow and see you in the paper because we let you take the Metro home halfway.”

Sarah nodded enthusiastically. “So, off we go then,” she chimed in, and started the car.

It was probably due to the fact that she had been concentrating on driving instead of other things, but after about ten minutes Sarah realized that the conversation in the car had drifted to a halt. She glanced in her rearview, and saw Hanna pulling away from Cheya’s neck. Cheya was sitting still in her seat, breathing serenely. Sarah realized she had no idea what had happened between them that led to that point.

“Is that... what I look like?” Sarah asked quietly. “I mean, after you bite me?”

Hanna looked at Cheya, who was sitting with her eyes closed and a gentle smile on her face. “More or less,” Hanna confessed. “She’s kinda cute, too, don’t you think?”

The car was at a stop light, so Sarah turned to look at the back seat where Cheya sat. She hadn’t got a good look at her before, and now took her in fully. The look of Cheya’s round face, framed by her wavy hair, was enhanced by the soft smile that seemed both alive and frozen in place. Her body was curved attractively, with a large chest and a slightly plump rear. Sarah realized that she did feel more than a casual attraction to the girl, despite only knowing her for what might already be fifteen minutes.

Turning again to face forward as the light switched to green, Sarah felt her face flush a little. “She is kinda pretty,” she said noncommittally, tugging down the hem of her skirt unconsciously as she imagined what it would be like to submit mindlessly to Hanna alongside an equally controlled woman.

“Aww, are you crushing on our new friend a bit, honey?” Hanna teased, clearly having seen through her casual response.

Sarah blushed harder. “Okay, okay,” she gave up. “She’s hot. Like, really hot. I think I might be able to lose myself in her cleavage. But... I don’t know what... I don’t know, the etiquette, I guess. I don’t want to trod on toes here if I can avoid it. And... I wouldn’t want to lose you, Hanna.”

Hanna giggled. “Oh, believe me, I’m not letting you go anywhere just yet... you’re way too much fun,” she assured. “And if there is a written set of rules involving the relationship between a vampire, a live-in vampire-kinky submissive, and anyone else, I have no idea what they are. So let’s set our own as it comes up, what do you think?”

Not knowing what else to say, Sarah simply nodded. “Good, then,” Hanna continued. “So, I think that the rule should be that if you think she’s cute enough to start having ideas pop into your head about her, and if she can be... persuaded, and as long as I don’t personally object, then maybe we can figure out a way to add her into some of our fun and games.”

Sarah smiled, and turned the car onto the highway. “You don’t think you could persuade her to let you do to her what you do to me?”

Hanna hesitated. “I could very easily force her to accept my will,” she explained. “That’s a lot different than what you and I do, where you willingly surrender your control to me. I don’t like forcing control over a long period... it feels wrong to me, not to mention the problems it might cause to have someone just spontaneously start wandering off their established schedule and losing touch with friends. If she enjoys this, though, and it doesn’t interfere with other things that she does, then we might be able to work out some things that we can... all do together.”

At that, Sarah’s blush returned, and she glanced backwards to see Hanna whispering into Cheya’s ear, with the girl responding quietly back to Hanna, the gentle smile never leaving her face. Sarah turned towards the front of the car again and focused on the drive for the remainder of the trip.

Nearly an hour later, a car pulled up to a high-rise apartment building in the middle of Bethesda. Hanna exited first, and escorted a still slightly dazed Cheya to the door as Sarah followed behind. Cheya waved a card key in front of a scanner, and the front door opened with a loud buzz that startled Sarah.

“Well, I guess I should thank both of you,” Cheya said with another of her soft smiles. “Do I owe either of you anything for gas, or anything like that?” she asked, reaching into her purse.

Sarah waved her off. “Nothing at all,” she replied. “Just glad to help out someone in need.”

Hanna stepped a bit closer to Cheya, taking one of her hands. “Just remember, Cheya,” she said, “if you ever need a ride or a place to crash...” She stepped in closer, reaching her other arm behind her back and underneath her shirt at the shoulder, where Sarah knew the bite marks were hidden. Sarah watched as Hanna’s fingers moved slowly underneath the fabric, and Cheya’s eyes took on a glazed, faraway look as Hanna’s voice dropped almost to a whisper, “- or just someone to talk to, or if you need to get away from something, or if there’s any other problem you don’t think you can solve on your own, then you should call me.” Hanna withdrew her hand from Cheya’s shirt, and turned to embrace her in a warm hug, which Cheya returned, her eyes refocusing on the present. “I put my number in your cell, so if this happens again, feel free to give us a ring.”

Cheya nodded, and reached to hug Sarah, who took it. “Thank you both again, I mean it,” she said cheerfully. “Have a good night, and drive safe.” And with that, she turned around and closed the inner door to the apartment lobby. Sarah and Hanna likewise turned and exited the building, greeted by a fresh blast of chilly November night air.

As Sarah unlocked the car, Hanna stared up at the window on the fifth floor which had just lit up. “I give it two weeks, maybe a bit less,” she spoke across the car’s roof to Sarah. “She’ll call, don’t worry.”

Sarah smiled back to her. “I can wait,” she reassured Hanna. “What I can’t wait for is bed. It’s almost one AM already, and we won’t be home before two. I’m just glad I don’t have to work in the morning.”

“Want me to drive?” Hanna offered.

Sarah thought for a moment, then nodded. “Yeah, I don’t want to be in the papers either.” She tossed her keys to Hanna, and went around the car to the passenger’s side.

The following Wednesday evening found Sarah lightly enthralled from a ‘love bite’, as she had come to call it in her head, sprawled nude on the floor in front of Hanna’s couch. Hanna walked in from the kitchen, dressed in a simple tank-top and panties, carrying a plate with a sandwich piled high with leafy greens and tomatoes; there seemed to be little or no meat from what Sarah could see of it.

Hanna sat down on the couch and pulled a second plate out from beneath the one holding her sandwich, and transferred one half of it onto the second plate. Handing the second plate to Sarah, she explained, “You need to keep your iron up. It’s basically a salad between two slices of bread, but I find it’s neater this way.”

Sarah nodded, and took a bite. While she preferred her salads on top of a thick char-broiled burger, she couldn’t deny the wisdom of Hanna’s meal planning. “It’s not lettuce, is it?” she asked after the second bite. “It tastes different.”

“Spinach leaf, with some fresh dill,” Hanna replied. “Spinach is a bit richer in content than lettuce, but I don’t like the flavor on its own, so I try to spruce it up a bit.”

“Love it this way,” Sarah said, taking another munch. “So what do you want to do tonight?”

Hanna paused to swallow. “Well, I was thinking -”

Hanna’s phone rang from the table next to the couch. Hanna reached for it, looking at the number showing on the ID. “Don’t know who this is...” she murmured, flipping the phone open. “Hello?” Hanna answered in a cheerful tone. “Oh, hi, how are you doing?” Pause. “Good to hear it. So what’s up?” A long pause. Sarah nuzzled against Hanna’s legs. “Well, is this something that you want to talk about over the phone, or...” Another pause. “Absolutely. Where at?” Pause. “Oh. That’s... Wait, that’s on West Patrick, right?” Pause. “Okay, I can do that. Give me about twenty minutes, okay? You caught me as I was getting out of clothes, so I need to get ready again. I’ll see you then, okay? All right, goodbye.”

Hanna pressed the end key on the phone and looked down at Sarah with a strange smile. “What’s up?” Sarah asked after an awkward silence.

Hanna sighed. “Time to get dressed, little one,” she replied. “It seems that you had an effect on Cheya, because she just called me to tell me that she was sitting in a diner on West Patrick Street, and that she’s been having dreams, and... well, she asked me for my help.”

Sarah sat up from the floor. “What do you mean, what kind of dreams?” she asked, confused. “Did you do... anything to her head at all when she was with us?”

“That’s the thing, hon, I didn’t mess with her head at all.” Hanna took a deep breath. “Well, nothing major, anyway. All I did was plant a feeling of trust and friendship, and the idea that she should get in touch with me in the event of... well, anything, really. Anything she thought she couldn’t handle on her own. But I didn’t expect it this soon, and...” she trailed off. “Anyway, she asked for help, and I’m not going to turn her away.

“Okay...” Sarah tried to think of anything else to say as she dressed quickly. “Wait, if she’s calling you for support, why am I coming?”

“Because she asked me to bring you along,” Hanna answered, pulling on a jacket. “There’s going to be some explanations on both our parts, because unless I’m mistaken, she still thinks that we’re sisters.”

The diner on West Patrick St. had a vintage burger joint-aesthetic to it, all chrome trim and checkerboard tiling. Sarah had visited the place once or twice, remembering that they had a fine selection of milkshakes. Cheya was sitting in a booth in the far corner, dressed in a light denim jacket over a dark shirt and a denim skirt, with a cup of coffee and a half-eaten sandwich in front of her. She waved to Sarah and Hanna as they entered, who waved back and walked over to sit with her.

“How’re you doing, Cheya?” Sarah asked, trying to keep things casual.

“Fine,” Cheya responded cheerfully, taking a sip of her coffee. Then, turning to Hanna, “Did you... tell her what’s going on?”

Hanna hesitated. “Some of it,” she confirmed. “I wasn’t sure how much you wanted to say for yourself. Before you go on, though, we have something we need to tell you.”

Cheya looked up questioningly, but the waitress came by at that moment to ask if anything was needed. “Um... I’m fine, thanks,” Cheya said, glancing at Hanna.

“Oh! Sorry, a water and...” Hanna thought for a moment, then, “do you have V8?”

“We do, yes,” the waitress replied. “Anything else for you all?”

“No, I think that’ll do for the moment,” Hanna answered, resting her hands on the table. The waitress nodded and left. “What I was going to say is that Sarah and I... we’re not sisters. We say that because it makes things less awkward to people who don’t know us.”

Cheya’s face showed a mixture of confusion and curiosity. “What would be awkward about it?”

“We’re lovers,” Sarah said, putting one of her hands on top of Hanna’s.

Cheya’s eyes widened. “Um...” was all she could say for a while. “So...” she trailed off again. Finally she whispered, “Lesbians?”

Sarah giggled. “Yeah, that’s us.” Hanna quipped. “It’s still not easy being ‘out’, so when people ask why we’re so close, we say sisters and it fools most of them.”

“Heh, had me fooled,” Cheya agreed, and fell silent again, stirring her coffee absently.

After a short silence, Hanna noticed that Cheya seemed periodically on the verge of saying something, but noticed her hesitation. She signaled Sarah discreetly, resting one hand on her knee under the table, at which point Sarah spoke up. “So, Cheya,” she began, “Hanna told me that you asked me to come with her for this... Can I ask why you wanted me here?”

Cheya again looked for several seconds as if she were on the verge of speaking, but didn’t say anything. The waitress returned with a tall glass of V8 and an ice water, and moved off again. “I’m... bad at this,” Cheya admitted, leaning forward over the table. “I’ve been... having dreams, Sarah. They’ve... been about you... and me. Having... doing...” she trailed off, her regular smile wrenched out of place with discomfort.

“...Sex?” Sarah supplied.

Cheya nodded. “Really, really hot... sex,” she ended with a whisper. “I’m sorry, I don’t—I’m not good at this at all. You just telling me now that you’re into girls made it easier in one way and I think it made it a whole hell of a lot harder in another way. I... was kind of expecting you to have walked out on me by this point, or something.”

Sarah looked at her, comprehension dawning. She glanced at Hanna, who nodded. “You know,” she said to Cheya, “I think I know where you’re going with this.”

“You do?” Cheya asked. “How...”

“Because if I’m right,” Sarah continued, “you’re probably going through some of the same stuff I was going through when I did this. The important thing is that you need to ask the question yourself, so you can prove to yourself that you can.”

Cheya drew back a bit, looking at Sarah, then at Hanna, and finally back into her coffee. “She’s right, you know,” Hanna added. “You need to say it, so that you can admit to yourself that it’s what you want.”

At that, Cheya looked up from the table again. “You...” She glanced back and forth between Hanna and Sarah. “You’d both be okay with that, even though you’re lovers?”

They shared a look. “Cheya,” Sarah said, reaching her hand partway across the table, “I’ve wanted to jump your bones since about the first time I saw you. That’s not something you usually do with a complete stranger, though, so I decided to show a little restraint. But if we’re going to go anywhere from this, the first thing that has to happen is that you need to ask. Even if the answer ends up being no, and that won’t be a problem here, you still have to ask if you want to find out.”

Cheya smiled and nodded. “Okay, I get it,” she said, suppressing a laugh. “Well, then, Sarah, I want to ask you if I could give you a kiss, so I can know if you’re as good here as you were in my dreams.”

Hanna stifled a giggle, as Sarah nodded, grinning. “Want to go back to our car?” Sarah asked invitingly. Cheya took her hand from the table. “We’ll be in the car, Hanna,” she said over her shoulder. “Take your time, though.”

Hanna nodded, and took a sip of her drink as Sarah led Cheya out of the diner and into the parking lot. After the door had shut, she smiled to herself. “’As good as you were in my dreams.’ Oh, the cheese.” And she laughed softly to herself.

Fifteen minutes later, Hanna sat down in the driver’s seat of Sarah’s car, and listened to the moans and whimpers of pleasure that emanated from the backseat. Glancing back, she saw the two girls leaning against the far corner of the backseat. Cheya’s denim skirt was rumpled up around her waist, her jacket discarded somewhere and her t-shirt pulled up over her black bra. Sarah had eased one of Cheya’s nipples out just past the bra’s edge, and was alternating between gently squeezing and rolling it between the fingers of one hand, and squeezing the entire breast in her palm. Her other hand was grasping at Cheya’s rear, pressing her down against Sarah’s thigh, which was positioned snugly between Cheya’s own legs.

Cheya had managed to strip Sarah of her jeans at some point, though her shirt remained mostly in place, and was busy running one hand anywhere she could find Sarah’s skin to touch, and the other was clutching at Sarah’s shoulder, guiding their lips together at every opportunity she could manage.

“You two can keep on doing that to each other, you know,” Hanna said with a musical lilt to her tone. “I’m just going to drive us all back to our apartment, and we can have some more fun there. Do you have anywhere you need to be in the morning, Cheya?”

There was a gasp, followed by a soft moan. “No, I—I got off - I’m getting off... mmm... I don’t work un... unnngh... ‘til Saturday,” Cheya managed to stammer, then went back to panting in the heat of Sarah’s ministrations.

“Great,” Hanna replied. “You can come get your car in the morning, or whenever you’re ready. Let’s go have some fun.” The key turned in the ignition, the engine revved, and a few seconds later they were gone.

Half an hour later, the three women stumbled into the building’s elevator. Hanna had insisted that Sarah and Cheya put their clothes back on before getting out of the car, which in turn required Sarah to attempt to stem Cheya’s enthusiasm for their passionate make-out. Eventually, they managed to clothe themselves again, stopping for an occasional grope, and managed to make their way from the parking lot into the building without surrendering to their respective lusts.

Once inside the elevator, however, they shed all pretense and resumed their earlier activities. By the time the elevator sounded its familiar ‘ding’ and the doors opened to the top floor, Cheya’s jacket was once again forgotten on the floor of the elevator car, and Sarah’s hands were already inside Cheya’s bra, gently pawing at the soft flesh underneath. Hanna retrieved the denim jacket from the floor, and gently guided the two of them out, through the hall, and into the apartment.

Once inside, Sarah pulled Cheya’s shirt up and over her head, but before Cheya could shuffle her arms free, Hanna came up behind her and gently held her at the wrists, trapping her arms behind her back and inside the shirt. “Cheya,” Hanna said quietly, “there’s one other thing I haven’t told you about us, and you need to know before this can go much further. Before I tell you, though, I need to to swear not to tell anyone at all about what I’m going to show you.”

Cheya swallowed and shuddered a bit, feeling the heat of her desire tempered somewhat by the tension of the situation she now found herself in. “It’s not anything illegal, is it?” she asked, her voice quavering slightly.

“No, nothing like that,” Sarah said, brushing her fingertips against Cheya’s cheek. “But she’s right, this is something that you have to keep to yourself, whether you decide that you want it, or want nothing to do with it. And you can make that choice, and we will respect it.”

Cheya hesitated, feeling the soft caress of Sarah’s hand on her face, and the warmth of their bodies pressing against her, and remembering the sensations she felt from Sarah’s embraces in the car. “Okay,” she said after a long silence, “I promise I won’t tell anyone.”

“Thank you, dear,” Hanna said, smiling, and released Cheya’s arms. “Sarah, would you take off your shirt and show Cheya?”

Sarah nodded, and removed her shirt, showing the punctures on her skin at her shoulders and wrists. Cheya looked at them, confused. “Yeah, I saw the mark there on your neck,” she said, “but I thought it was just a bad scratch or something, so I didn’t ask. What is it?”

In response, Sarah pointed to Hanna. Cheya turned, her hands still encased in her own shirt behind her back. “This may be a little... weird,” Hanna warned, “so try to stay calm.” With that, she slowly extended her fangs.

Cheya looked at Hanna in confusion, then in wide-eyed shock. But she remained in place. “Are...” Cheya started, but her voice failed her. She settled for mouthing vampire?

Hanna nodded. “I’m not evil, and I’m not going to kill you or make you do anything you don’t want to do.” She walked around to where Sarah was standing. “It actually feels quite good, so I’m told. Sarah loves it. But in addition to the regular needs a normal human has, I need to drink blood to survive.”

“How...” Cheya tried to start again. “Okay... so you’re a vampire... What does that make Sarah?”

Hanna sighed. “I suppose... the closest term I could come up with right now is ‘free meal’, but that sounds crude.” She stopped for a moment. “Maybe it would be better if I started from the beginning. You might want to sit down, this will take a few minutes.”

One exposition later...

Cheya sat on the sofa, held gently by Sarah, and gently fingering the two faint bite marks on the back of her own shoulder, which she now remembered were there. “I don’t know what to say,” Cheya said quietly. “This is kind of changing the way I think about you two. Not in a ‘I’m-out-of-here’ way, at least... not right now... But why did you tell me all of this?”

“Well,” Hanna began, “there are a couple of reasons. One is that if you are going to be in a relationship with one or both of us, it’s fair for you to know. This is going on, and it will continue to go on unless she falls ill or asks me to stop. The other reason is that if you are willing, I would like to enter into a similar arrangement with you.”

Cheya blinked. “A-arrangement?” she repeated. “You mean... you want me to give you my blood too?”

“That is your decision, and you have the right to refuse me,” Hanna reminded her. “I’ve been very careful with Sarah so far, not taking any more than she is able to give, and never enough to hurt her. If you agreed, you’d be helping her as well as me. But since you remember the bite yourself now, you should know that I’m telling you the truth. I don’t want to kill anyone.”

Cheya sat in silence for a long time, and simply allowed herself to feel Sarah’s embrace. After several minutes, she gave a short sigh. “I’m not saying yes or no yet,” she said decisively. “But I want to try it. Before, you did it and kind of made me forget it. I want to be aware of it this time.”

Hanna nodded. “Fair enough,” she agreed. “Are there any conditions you want to set for it?”

Cheya thought for a moment, then shook her head. “Wait,” she interrupted herself. “I want Sarah to hold me—I mean, if that’s all right,” she finished, turning to face Sarah, who nodded.

Both of them stood from the couch, and Hanna stepped up to Cheya. “This will feel... well... you’ll be able to describe it better than I will.” She took Cheya’s head in her hand and gently tilted it to one side, while Sarah wrapped her arms under Cheya’s and around her body. Cheya whimpered softly and closed her eyes, as Hanna leaned in with her mouth open. A moment later, she felt the fangs pressing against her skin, and then -

“She passed out,” Hanna said, smiling faintly. “I think maybe there was a little too much going on in her head. I’m glad she waited until after I had fully bitten her, though.”

Sarah looked down at Cheya’s slumped form, which she had gently deposited onto the couch. “Is that how I look after I orgasm myself unconscious?” she asked, grinning.

Hanna smirked. “She is really, very attached to you,” she observed, “and unless I’m mistaken, I think that she wants a relationship with you similar to the one you have with me.”

Sarah did a double-take. “You mean, she wants... to submit... to me?”

“I think so,” Hanna said, gesturing with her hands. “Did you notice how she was deferring to you a lot? How she asked if you were okay with this or that, how she was being passive to you when you two were going at it in the car? She’s either a hopeless romantic, a total submissive, or, possibly, both.”

Sarah was about to respond, but Cheya groaned and shifted on the couch, opening her eyes. “Ummm... What am I doing down here?” she asked, glancing around confusedly.

Hanna chuckled. “You, um, fainted a bit after I fed from you,” she explained. “Do you feel all right?”

Cheya pushed herself up to a sitting position. “Yeah,” she confirmed. “A bit fuzzy in the head, a bit weak in the knees, but otherwise I think I’m fine.”

Sarah smiled. “It’ll pass,” she assured Cheya. “You need to talk about it?”

Cheya didn’t respond immediately. After a few seconds, she replied, “It felt... well, really good. But I still feel kind of... I dunno, like I was on cold meds or something.”

“I’m sorry, that’s my fault,” Hanna admitted. “I’ve suppressed most of your more extreme emotional responses, in case you reacted badly to the bite. You can still feel emotions, but for about the next four hours they will be subdued in strength. Anger but not rage; fear but not panic; that sort of thing.”

Cheya nodded. “I think I understand... So... what happens now?”

Hanna smiled. “Well, now...” She beckoned to Sarah with her hand, and embraced her warmly as she approached. With a well-practiced motion, she leaned in towards Sarah’s neck as Sarah tilted her head to expose it, and pierced the flesh with her fangs. A few seconds later, she released Sarah and gently guided her limp form back to the couch. “You know, you two...”

Cheya looked at Hanna with a confused expression. “What?”

Hanna sighed. “It’s not important, forget about it,” she said dismissively. “I know you want Sarah, Cheya. The relationship she and I share is... not limited. If she accepts you and you likewise accept me, then I’m sure we can work out a relationship between the three of us.” She knelt down in front of Cheya. “You should know, though, I feel very... strongly about Sarah. I am willing to share, and should the opportunity come up, I would be willing to let her go. And even though I don’t think you would, I’m going to warn you anyway. Please, don’t do anything that would hurt her,” she finished, her tone turning slightly dark.

“I’ll... do my best, Hanna,” Cheya answered.

“Thank you,” Hanna said cheerfully, as Sarah stirred slowly on the couch next to them. “How are you feeling, little one?”

Sarah blinked herself awake, and smiled. “Partly feeling a little stoned from the bite, but mostly feeling really hot and wanting sex. Did you do anything to my head while I was under?”

“Yes, I did, honey,” Hanna admitted shamelessly. “I imagine you’ll figure it out eventually. Until then, how about some sex?”

Sarah awoke early the next morning among a tangled pile of naked girlflesh, and smiled as she recalled the events of the previous night. It had not taken long for the three of them to disrobe and fondle, nibble, grope, suck, lick, pinch and stroke each other to a series of mind-blowing orgasms. At around one in the morning, Sarah’s body had finally given out, Cheya’s tongue still buried between her legs, and she fell asleep in a wonderful, blissful state of arousal and lethargy.

Looking over the curve of Cheya’s chest, she saw the clock read 6:38 AM. Sucks that I have to work today, she mused. It occurred to her briefly to call in to work sick, but she decided against it. Slowly removing herself from the bed, she quietly went through her ritual preparations of rejoining the mundane world.

Maybe you should have called in sick, Sarah thought ruefully. Between the printer dying on the day of a major presentation, two of Sarah’s bosses being stuck in traffic somewhere, and one coworker finally having gone into labor, tensions in the office had been running high. After miraculously saving the whole presentation by negotiating the use of the printer belonging to the office across the street, Sarah had managed to earn more than a little admiration from everyone, and earned the whole office a pizza party for the next day.

Despite the relief the office felt from the successful-despite-all-odds day, Sarah was exhausted from having to wrangle the events herself, and was looking forward to a fairly relaxing evening at home. Pulling into her parking lot, she looked up and saw a few snowflakes falling in the late November night sky. Smiling, she walked into her apartment building and took the elevator up to her own apartment, changing out of her work clothes before heading up to Hanna’s place.

Just as she was returning to the elevator, she heard the sound of a door opening behind her and looked back. After a moment she sighed in disgust. “Oh, for fuck’s sake, James, will you get out of my building?”

A short, weedy man with unkempt brown hair and heavy stubble across his face stepped out of the stairwell to the apartment. “What, not happy to see me?” James asked facetiously.

Sarah rolled her eyes. “What, you mean since you got stone drunk, rear-ended my car, and gave my sister a black eye? Oh, yeah. Thrilled. What do you want?”

James recoiled visibly from Sarah’s venomous tone. “God, Sarah, I already told you that I was sorry for all of that,” he said. “I haven’t even touched the stuff for that whole time since-”

“What do you want, a medal?” Sarah cut him off. “Look, you were fun for the first few weeks, then your friend Deke got in a fight outside my home, broke two windows on the building, and got me charged with disturbing the peace for having him over. Then you wreck my car and punch my sister. I don’t have enough money to know someone like you, and based on the fact that you’re now two months behind on payments you were ordered to provide as compensation to myself and my sister for what you did, you can’t afford to be near you either! So what in fuck’s name are you doing back here?”

There was a long silence as Sarah’s anger spent itself. “I’m...” James started, but shook his head and reached into his coat, pulling out an envelope. “This is all of it,” he said, holding it out to Sarah. “Everything the court said I owe you two, it’s all here.”

Sarah looked at him suspiciously. “Where’d you get that kind of money?” she accused.

James shrugged. “Sold my car...” he replied. “Sold my furniture, my books, my DVDs... Then I sold that crap house I was living in. Took out what I owed you two, put a little extra in there for the windows and any other mess I might have made for you. Put the rest into an account somewhere, and decided to go into rehab.”

Sarah blinked. “You... you what?”

“Tonight is my last night out,” he said, a weak smile on his face. “I’m starting tomorrow morning, and... I guess... I’ll be out when I’m better. Don’t know how long that’ll be, but I wanted you to know.”

“James...” Sarah said, trailing off. “Don’t... please don’t make me your hope for a better life...”

James shook his head. “That’s not what this is about, Sarah,” he said. “This isn’t about you... it’s about me. You make me want to be a better man, but in the end I was always choosing not to be. Now I’m making the other choice. Whether you want me or not after I’m out again, that’s up to you. But I’m doing this for me, so I can wake up in the morning and not have to wish I wasn’t such a shit.”

James took Sarah’s hand and pressed the envelope into it. “I hope you have a good few months,” he said, “and again, I’m sorry for everything. See you around.” With that, he turned and, hands tucked into his jacket pockets, pushed the stairwell door open with his shoulder and quietly walked away.

Sarah stared after him, bewildered by the turn of events that had just transpired. After several moments of collecting her faculties, she looked into the envelope and saw that it contained two checks, made out to her and her sister, for nearly double the amount the court had settled on. Dumbfounded, she stepped back into the elevator, and headed up to Hanna’s.