The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Talent

* * *

Chapter the Thirty-third. Dissolution.

Aileen was dead before she had finished pulling the large kitchen table over to shield her from the spear that was thrust at her. The grinning cadaver, dressed incongruously in a tailored blue business suit, came crashing through the large window next to the pantry door brandishing the broken shaft of a garden rake and immediately skewered her where she stood. Her shriek brought her husband running and then Jon, and me short behind him.

The first group of the undead were piling into the room through the smashed window. Before thinking; Jon was over the top of the action. Always quick to react, he waded into the nearest monster with his fists flying.

Powerful enough as he was, There was nothing he could do to match the undead power of his foe. One swift overhead blow took him to his knees and then into direct unconsciousness. Not dead, but certainly down. Aiden saw the scene in the first glance. His wife was twisted in her rictus, heaped next to the overturned table. The gruesome horde were smashing everything in their eagerness to get across the room to us.

Before I could generate a command of my own, Aiden, his face bloated with rage, lifted his hands in front of him. His voice bellowed a shout that contained words that cracked and fizzled with their power. The ancient curses; passed down from generation to generation amongst the old Celtic families demonstrated their power now. I could feel the ancient mechanics of the land that Aiden and the generations of his family before him had tended. There was a deep-seated reservoir of potential and Aiden was invoking his own tap into it.

The words fell on the zombies like hammers, crushing skulls, removing limbs, stopping legs. Before they could reach halfway across the room, all the attackers were truly lifeless within moments.

I gaped at the effect and turned to Aiden to try to congratulate him. But Aiden was already across the room, his beloved wife cradled in his arms. By the time I jumped across to be with him, he too was dead. The release of power had been like a bee’s sting, taking his own life force to kill the enemy.

I had no time to grieve for either of them. The next wave was coming through the yard towards the front of the house. Chrissie’s angry shout roused me. I jumped up and pulled Jon’s comatose body into the safety of the pantry where I laid him out as comfortably as possible, there was nothing he could help me with and it was better to have him out of the way. I protected his resting place and locked him in.

Our defences, beaten by the first small pack, now held well. I could deal with the waves as they approached, disabling where I could; slaughtering where necessary.

Eventually the lull we had anticipated occurred and we took the route that we had planned, out to the East-side barn and into the vehicles for the rush to Erking Hill.

As I drove, bringing up the rear, a similar view was in the rear-view mirror as had been there the last time I had made that run. Dark, malignant figures, loped and ran and leaped after us. We all drove like maniacs.

At last the standing stones were around us, the ten of us; Me, Chrissie, Cathy, (I recognised the subtle way I now put Chrissie first) Amy and Valerie, Suzanne, Jennifer and Karen, Jacqueline and Angela gathered at the circle at the Eastern end of the stone avenue atop the hill and waited.

The groups of beasts and other enemy creatures pooled into menacing ranks outside the stacked stones. There was an electric air of expectancy; who would make the first move?

A high, keening ululation suddenly sounded from the back of the rank to my immediate left. In a sudden blinding flash of light, the whole group erupted as Iysla; her huntress figure illuminated by her, not insignificant, power, carved a way through their midst. She leaped into the ring with us.

The spark had been struck and the attack started.

The stones resonated with a deep rumbling power as the unclean horde rushed in to meet us. The carnage was unpleasant and incredible. For each spell I threw at them, the stones formed them into three or four more. I was in the middle of a massive amplifier. Bodies lay in blackened heaps and the new attackers still clambered over them to get at us. I maintained a strong rearward defence and the pile of dark, dead, beasts in front of us grew steadily.

With a suddenness that was startling, the retreat was called and the blackness receded, dragging the remnants with them. The grounds around us seemed to scourge themselves; almost as if they were unwilling to allow the foulness to remain behind. We again were alone in the centre of the circle. The fury of the dark horde’s attack now just an angry rattling, like the sound of cockroach carapaces scuttling in a nest.

Then we heard the noise of approaching power.

A vast crackling announcement. A rushing, hissing, screaming freight train noise that roared in from overhead and approached us from the Western end of the stone avenue. Shaw had finally come to meet me.

I stood to the front of the group. Chrissie and Cathy stood behind and then the other girls arranged behind them. I had the incongruous thought that we must look like a rack of ten pins at the end of an alley, Shaw the bowling ball.

“Oh God, Oh God.” Cathy was shaking. Chrissie gripped my left elbow in her right hand and I felt her fear. Iysla was behind, softly calling words of encouragement. I had to be ready for him, his evil had to be stopped.

Shaw dropped to his feet in a swirling blackness the full length of the avenue away from me, maybe a hundred or so metres. His malevolent form perhaps even accentuated by the carefully measured way he picked his way forward in the magic line of the stones. He alone of the dark side, had the power to withstand the benign presence of the stones. He moved as if walking carefully on stepping stones.

I got myself ready, calm and centred; I waited for his attack. If there was one thing about this magic stuff, the direct connection between my commands and the altering of physics was a draining process. I hoped my body was strong enough.

The great fireballs that spouted from his hands swept towards us and split to roar around both flanks. Our shields, practiced under Iysla’s tuition over the past days, saw the fire slide off harmlessly. He continued to pump them at us with an almost casual action as her stepped closer.

His next attempt was more direct, a leaping jolt of pure malignant power came at me and I had to allow a shadow of myself take the blow. I watched with compassion as the figure of my own flesh allowed itself to draw the heat and slowly subsided in the flame. Shaw’s roar of triumph bellowed sickeningly and then strangled into a howl of incomprehension. As I had hoped, the manoeuvre was one he had not considered before. We stood our ground and then threw a bolt back at him, aiming to catch him unawares.

My hands called up dazzling ropes of power to restrain him and pierce his foul body. They shot towards him but simply curled around the place he had just vacated. Man, he was fast!

I countered with an immediate command to bring a chain over his feet so that I could hold him for the second blow to his heart. They fell on his feet and fixed him like a swaying post to the ground whilst I started the build-up for the visceral thrust into his body.

That was when he retaliated.

The laser-straight beam of his next salvo grazed past my temple and I was aware of an almost sad exhalation behind me. I spun around with the blow to see Jacqueline holding her flat hand against the opened wound in the side of her cheek. Her eyes were wide with the pain and she wobbled on her feet. I was astounded at the pure savagery of the blow and knew I could not allow her to be taken. I pulled all the healing energy I could from the assembly and poured into her body. The wound closed and she was whole once more.

I spun back to Shaw again, it was time to end this. The effort was already beginning to make me feel queasy and my breath was laboured.

He was laughing! I was ready to destroy him, surely he knew that, and he was laughing. I threw another attack; the grass itself, spinning up to bind him to the ground. His legs were stuck, his lower body a green pillar as the living roots climbed up to his waist.

He responded by reaching inside his heavy black coat and dragging out something.

“Before you continue!” he called, “I thought you might like to see this!” His voice was like a salesman, happy to be bargaining, sure he was on the brink of a sale.

The head he held by the hair at the end of his outstretched arm was familiar. The contents of the dead skull dripping wetly from the unnaturally fresh cut across the neck. Glassy-eyed, it pierced my heart with it’s almost accusatory stare.

Cathy began to scream: “Simon! Oh God no! Simon!”

I could feel her trying to rush forward but I restrained her. Then I realised the implication of the object: the children!

Almost at the same time as the realisation hit me, I noticed a movement behind Shaw. The monstrous beast that had chased me before, the one I had dealt with so badly in the garage, was approaching his master. Hanging by their collars from his muscular arms were my two girls.

Shaw’s voice was mocking, “Why, lookie here! I do believe that these little cunts, belong to you!” he took them and held them in front of himself in the same way as had his henchman.

I stepped forward slightly and had to catch myself before I left our shield.

“I can make you a deal, I’ll let these two die quickly if you give it up now.” He called to me.

I looked at my daughters, hanging like two kittens. They valiantly kicked and squirmed but were totally helpless in his grasp. The were not screaming, rather, they seemed to be furious at his treatment. I was pleased that they didn’t not obviously comprehend their predicament.

I was at a loss, the centre was becoming lost in me. My planning with Bran was falling away from this reality. I had not anticipated this bombshell and cursed. Iysla’s teachings were going down the tube and I was in danger of losing any edge I thought I might have had.

I could only vaguely hear Iysla’s voice behind me. She was a brooding and powerful voice in my ear;

“Hold fast, the move has still to be made.”

I glanced back at her, quizzically. She looked at me directly in the eyes and asked in a low voice; “How old are your daughters?” There was almost a tight-lipped smile on her lips.

I was bemused.

It was Cathy who’s voice suddenly spoke with a note of understanding.

“They’re Twelve and Fourteen!” she said excitedly and turned her shining, scared eyes back to the horror scene in front of us. I felt I was missing something.

Iysla stepped up close behind me.

“They are both women?”

I thought it was a stupid question and was about to say so when Cathy reacted once more.

“Yes, Sara just started her period this Christmas, Elizabeth started last Summer.” She looked up at Shaw and his precious cargo. Our whole exchange took barely seconds and I was having difficulty enough holding off his spells to understand what was being discussed.

From the back of our ranks Suzanne suddenly shouted; “Sara! Elizabeth! hold hands!”

She too, seemed able to understand something about this situation that was hidden from me.

Iysla’s hand appeared over my shoulder, pointing at Shaw’s henchman like a pistol.

“Take him out quickly!”

I released a bolt of energy that caught the beast square in the chest. The spell held, gel-like on his skin and then suddenly swarmed inside. A split second later and he erupted in a fountain of pyrotechnics leaving behind no trace. Shaw flinched slightly and swayed away from the blast.

The two small figures, hanging from Shaw’s arms glanced wildly about and then at each other but Suzanne’s order was strong in their ears. Quickly, they lunged together and grasped each other’s wrist.

It was like the closing of a circuit. The flame that leaped from each of us in the group, shot forward in two streamers to meet the girls. I could feel the power surging up from the centre of the hill, through the group of our bodies and out to work against our enemy.

“Thirteen!” said Suzanne, her voice raised above the rushing hiss of the fire. There were thirteen of us in this coven.

The streamers danced around Shaw’s body, the flame glowing at his head and under his feet. Slowly, but with increasing speed, the burning ropes drew the three of them closer to us. We all held hands and the power grew stronger.

Shaw began to buck and struggle against us. I worried at first about Sara and Liz but saw that they had a look of understanding determination on their face. This was going where it should.

Shaw began to heave and strain against his bonds, eventually leaving go his hold on the children, hoping to avoid the entrapment. It made no difference, the flames still held him.

My girls dropped to their feet and ran to us, along the bright ribbons that coursed between us. We all of us, turned to look at him.

The panic on his face beginning to rise, he attempted to send some of his evil at us again but the bonds held them too. They burst in futile cascades of light around his head, burning his skin. His hair began to smoulder. We all regrouped into a crescent, myself at the centre, the women forming a matching curve with the standing stones. The torrential flame of the ropes that grasped Shaw flew from both ends of the arc.

I pulled the box from my pocket, and put it at my feet. Shaw began to scream when he saw it. It was something which filled him with complete terror. I found myself feeling sad that I was producing such fear but I knew it was for a greater good. As the truly hideous figure of Peter Shaw approached the magic group of humans I could see clearly how little human there was inside him. All the corruption had scoured away anything that deserved my sadness. I called a spell to lift the lid of the box and the shimmering light from within began to spew forth towards him.

Like a body approaching an event horizon, Shaw began to stretch towards the centre of the box. His agonised screech cut short as the forces of the box caused his body to snap and tear into small pieces. The rest of his ugly army, trying to make quick their retreat, were likewise grasped by the flames that began to flash out from our figures, they were also drawn into the hell that rested inside.

With the final deposit of an evil slug, the lid of the box snapped shut and we were left whole, on the top of a lovely moonlit hilltop; in peace.

* * *

End of Chapter Thirty-three.