The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Stalking Angie

Part Seven

Angie had almost called campus security upon receiving the DVD. She’d stewed and stewed... and finally given the thing to Tanya.

She’d spent the next two days worrying that Claude would call, or stop by, or send more gifts, or see her around campus. She’d even taken to keeping Nisha or Tanya or one of their other friends with her at all hours.

But then, she reasoned, she’d never seen him around campus randomly, even in the psych department.

It had been two weeks, and there had been no sign of him. Slowly, she began to relax, and not feel the need for someone to accompany her to the psych building or to her mailbox.

On Friday afternoon, Angie arrived at the psych lecture hall for another class. She slid into her normal seat, and waited for the professor to show.

Toptani did, right on schedule. “Good afternoon,” he began. “Today we’re going to have a slight change to the syllabus. I’m sure you will all appreciate it, because there won’t be any additional homework tonight—just continue with your work in the lab.”

Good, Angie thought, she could spend more time on Zoology.

“We’re going to have a guest lecture today,” the professor continued. “This is Claude Poitiers. He’s doing some graduate-level work in psychology at Cornell. Claude?”

Angie froze. Oh, no. Oh, god. How could he?

“Thank you, Professor Toptani,” Claude said, shaking the teacher’s hand and stepping up to the podium. He was wearing blue jeans and a white polo shirt, and looked as handsome as ever. His voice rang out clearly. “I’m going to give you a brief overview of hypnosis. Bear with me, and try not to fall asleep.” There were scattered giggles.

Angie was terrified. He had to know this was her class... he had to. This had to be about her. This couldn’t possibly be coincidence. That would be unreal.

The lights dimmed.

“Franz Mesmer of Austria is generally considered the father of modern hypnotism,” Claude said, as the slide projector clicked onto an image of a man in Enlightenment dress. “That’s actually not true. Hypnosis has been practiced in India for centuries. Mesmer discovered some very basic hypnotic techniques, but he believed it resulted from a mystical connection between the hypnotist and subject. Woowee!” He wiggled his fingers, and there were were some laughs.

Claude was addressing the audience, but he didn’t seem to see her. At least, Angie thought, he hasn’t made eye contact, and he doesn’t seem to be focusing on this part of the classroom.

Claude went on talking about the contributions of Braid and Erickson. Angie knew most of this already, of course, from hours spent reading in the library when she was in high school.

“Now let me illustrate,” Claude said. “Everyone stand up.”

What had he been saying? Yikes! Angie stood up, along with the rest of the class.

“Now, you didn’t all stand because you’re hypnotized,” Claude explained. “You stood up because that was programmed into all of us in kindergarten, by our parents and teachers. I’m the lecturer, you’re the students. You’ve all been taught that my authority is legitimate, and you have to go along with any reasonable pronouncements I make.

“Oh, you can sit down now,” he grinned. Shuffling sounds filled the room as the students complied.

“Now the subconscious mind works in much the same way,” Claude continued. “Let me demonstrate. Now, pretend we’re in an intimate office setting, or watching a stage show. If I were to stand here and tell a smoker he couldn’t smoke in here, he’d go along with it, but he’d still want to smoke—he’d just wait until he was outside. However, if I were to help him exercise his mind’s authority over his body, he might not want to smoke once he left. If he really wanted to quit smoking, his mind could free him from the addiction.

“I would start out, not by ordering him to stop smoking and telling him he was a weak-minded imbecile for not quitting, but by explaining that his mind was strong enough to make quitting a reality if he really wanted it. I would tell him that he was stronger than the addiction. I would tell him to close his eyes and picture his mind telling his lungs he didn’t need smoke, to imagine himself breathing easily and deeply with no difficulties at all. I would tell him that he didn’t need cigarettes to relax, that he could relax himself just as easily by breathing easily and deeply, calmly and easily, and by letting all anxiety flow out of him as he exhaled.”

Funny, Angie thought, I figured Claude would be a better speaker than this, especially on a subject he knows so much about. I’m starting to fall asleep here.

“He’d feel himself relaxing, and realize that he wasn’t a slave to tobacco cravings. Since his mind was in charge, not cigarettes, he didn’t have to rely on an external source to help him relax and let go of his anxiety. Instead of cigarettes helping him relax, he could do it himself, by just closing his eyes and breathing deeply, in and out, in and out, and feel relaxation all through his body, all through his mind, and feel anxiety flowing out of him, feel it disappearing from his life, feeling all anxiety just fading away, its place being filled by blissful relaxation...”

“I see some of you are getting really into this... I appreciate the attention, really, but I think I’ve made my point, and I don’t want to bore you too much more! Everyone, please, wake up, open your eyes, stand up and stretch, please... sorry, Professor Toptani.”

Claude turned the lights up again. The regular teacher yawned, then got up on stage. “I think that’s it for the day... thank you, Mr. Poitiers.”

“I’m available to answer questions if anyone has any,” Claude put in.

A bit dazed, Angie stood up, and everyone started to file out of the rows and out of the lecture hall. Then she saw Claude standing by the exit, shaking hands and socializing. Was there another way out? Everyone was exiting past him, but he’d be sure to see her if she went out the back way. She’d be the only person in that whole section of the auditorium!

She decided to make a run for it. She stepped up beside another student, and walked beside him so he’d be between her and Claude until she was out of the lecture hall. Fifteen paces, ten... five...

“I absolutely recommend Erickson’s writings... it’s really amazing how the mind works, and how much he discovered,” Claude was telling someone. “Erickson deserves the title of father of modern hypnosis much more than Mesmer does... oh, Miss Vallejo? Pardon me.”

Angie tried to make a dash for it while staying inconspicuous, but somehow he was only a dozen yards away. “Miss Vallejo?” he called again.

She turned. There were a few people around, still, but they were all walking away, in various directions; none were near her.

“Angie?” he said softly.

Pleadingly.

His eyes were full of hope.

The bastard... he was making her life hell!

“How dare you do this to me,” she said, feeling the words spill out of her. “Just leave me alone, all right? What part of that don’t you get?”

Claude’s expression looked like she’d shot him. She saw him take a breath.

“If that’s your decision, I have to respect it,” he said slowly.

“Good!”

He looked up her again. “But you will always be the angel of my heart.”

She stared at him.

His eyes were full of love. They were so deep, and caring, and handsome.

Why was she doing this to herself?

The love in his eyes—she could stare into them forever. His feelings could wrap around her and hold her; she’d be safe and secure, drowning in love, full of bliss. Her limbs were aching to be close to his. She wanted nothing more than for him to hold her, kiss her, laugh with her...

She was trying to be angry.

Why did she want to be angry with him again?

She could not think of a single good reason why they were not together.

She ran to him, almost stumbling, and his arms folded around her, and she pressed her cheek to his chest, and he kissed the top of her head, and she felt like she was melting, and she was almost crying, she was home and safe and warm and with him and everything was going to be all right. Her arms had gone around him somehow and she held on for dear life, and his hands were holding her and patting her and they were together and everything was as it should be.