The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

THE PRACTICE

By Mesmerr

6

‘Mum?’ I said quietly, as we finished the last of our breakfast on the morning after the day before at Stella’s house. ‘Have you done everything you wanted to do in life?’

Mum stopped chewing in mid-bite and raised her eyebrows in that, “Boy, have you lost your marbles?” look. She swallowed her food and smiled wistfully then her eyes softened as she sort of just gazed at me.

‘When I stop thinking about myself and look at you, I have,’ she said warmly and smiled.

Her eyes misted and I looked away, feeling the sting myself as it instantly sprayed my mind with just how much my mum loved me. I knew she was missing dad terribly, but apart from staying with her for while, I didn’t really know how else to ease the pain of her loss. All I really knew was that I needed to be there for her. I missed him, too, but I had mum. Then her soft smile broadened into a grin.

‘You know,’ she said, still grinning, ‘I have a sneaking suspicion that your father would be proud of you in what you’re doing with hypnosis.’

I swear I thought I saw mum’s eyes sparkle. I looked away quickly to gather my wits from the thought of her somehow knowing exactly what I was doing with hypnosis. Then, after a few seconds, I glanced back at her. She had resumed eating and was looking down at what she was doing. I did the same for a few minutes. Then I spoke again. I had never been able to lie to her and she knew it, but she’d never push. As always, I knew she was just waiting for me to stew long enough in my own juices before I became sick of my own thoughts and ‘fessed up.

‘I don’t know that he would be, Mum,’ I admitted with a sigh. Mum glanced up and then raised her head from her breakfast, ‘and it’s not as if I feel I’m doing anything wrong. It’s just that, well, look how old I am, and I haven’t met the girl of my dreams, yet, if she even exists.’

‘Don’t worr—’ mum began, but I cut her off.

‘I know you’re going to say, “Don’t worry,” but I do, I guess. All this time I’ve spent waiting and hoping to meet her is just flying by when it could have been spent in her arms or having babies or paying off a house. I’m not a perfectly good guy, Mum,’ I admitted, and even that was coloring it a little, ‘but I’m not a bad guy, either. I believe in hypnosis and what it can do to help people with all sorts of problems, I really do. But why can’t I be one of those people with a problem that hypnosis can help fix?’

I had been looking directly at her as I’d been speaking and vice versa. Slowly, she put down her fork and smiled warmly at me. That was her mission-smile that had always made to do things I never wanted to do. That was the mission-smile that told me without words just how much my mother loved me. It was rich in content and low in vocabulary, but it spoke volumes. God I was glad I had a mother when so many didn’t. Her eyes were shiny as she smiled. Then she spoke.

‘Do what feels right, Baby,’ was all she said, then she resumed her eating and lowered her gaze from my eyes.

We finished our breakfast in silence and mum did the dishes while her brief few words ran around and around in my mind. It was typical mum. Drop a pearl of wisdom in my lap then leave me to become my own judge and jury, which I usually did. But everything I’d said to her, I believed, so I had nothing to feel guilty about. I wasn’t hurting anybody and everything I’d done so far had felt right. So, I guess without really knowing it, I was taking her advice already.

After she’d finished doing the dishes, mum brought me a cup of coffee and sat down in the chair beside me. She put her hand over mine as it lay on the table. Then she pressed lightly down upon it and looked at me. Her other arm went up around my shoulders and she laid her head on my chest.

My eyes stung again instantly as I leaned into her and cradled her head with my other hand and we just sat there like that for a few minutes. She was having a moment. I knew that. I guess I was, too, because I started thinking of dad and the things we never did, not because he or I had never wanted to, just because we never quite got around to them until after he’d died, and then, of course, it had been too late.

‘I know, mum,’ I said and hugged her head a little more firmly.

‘I do, too,’ she answered almost straight away. Her voice had a far away sound to it, ‘more than you.’

I was wondering why she’d said that and what she’d meant when she spoke again from beneath my chin.

‘I think I’ve learned more about men since your father’s death,’ she said quietly, ‘that I ever really knew when he was alive.’

I just held her and listened, not really sure where she was going or if she just wanted to talk and help herself get through her moment in just sitting there with me, her son, in that way. And, I knew she hadn’t finished.

‘I mean,’ she went on, ‘I thought I knew about them, but I didn’t, not really-not in the sense of the male part of them.’

I was becoming curious as to where she was going in her passing moment of missing dad, but just continued to hold her as I always did at these times, secretly feeling that it helped us both, anyway.

‘Your father and I were very happy, Stevie,’ she said without any emotion, just matter-of-fact, ‘but I know now that we could have been a lot happier, especially if I’d have known about men and males then.’

Mum sighed deeply then while my curiosity grew. I told you my mum was a smart woman. I wasn’t even sure what she was talking about.

‘They just don’t teach these things,’ she said softly, ‘I wish they had.’

I continued to say nothing and just hold her, but, in reality, I think we were holding each other. Images of she and dad together came and went and they were all happy ones. I had rarely ever seen them fight. Dad would always just walk away and leave her steaming until she calmed down. Then he would come back and hug her as if nothing had happened. I think she was even smarter than he was, too.

‘They should,’ she said softly.

Dad had never hit us kids. He got angry with us of course, but it was never he who punished us. It had always been mum, not that her belting had ever been that hurtful. It embarrassed us, I think, more than anything, because she always punished us formally, bringing the guilty party out front of all the family and then disciplining them in front of everybody. My mum was smart. She knew that embarrassment and humiliation would discipline us more effectively than creating hurtful red stripes across our asses. We usually got both anyway, but it seemed to work. We were never punished for the same thing twice.

Mum sighed deeply again then. ‘A man’s got to do what a man’s got to do, Stevie,’ she said, using the old John Wayne line, ‘and the other part of you, the male part of you has got to do what it’s got to do.’

I gently squeezed the back of her head, but said nothing. She was the intelligent one. I was just her adoring son.

‘So do it,’ she said softly, squeezing my hand, ‘and know that it’s okay with me.’

I loved my mum right then, more than I have or will ever love any other woman in my life, and I knew that surely. I squeezed her hand back.

Mum sighed deeply again and was silent for about three minutes. Then she spoke again, quietly.

‘I wished I’d have let that part of your dad be the way I knew it wanted to be,’ she said quietly, ‘and do the things I knew it wanted to do.’

Then she sighed again and released my hand from hers. Slowly, she moved her head up off my chest and just looked at me. Her eyes weren’t crying as they usually were at times like this. I was a little surprised.

‘She’s out there somewhere, Stevie,’ she said with a warm smile, ‘Keep looking and keep doing what you’re doing-whatever feels right at the time.’

Then she sighed and got up, but remained looking down at me for a few moments.

‘Don’t stop looking,’ she said, ‘and don’t stop being who you feel you are. And by the way, don’t forget what I said about doing hypnosis shows, either,’ She finished, but now with her usual cheeky grin. I smiled. Then she walked away and got about busying herself around the house.

I knew mum would be okay now, at least until the next moment come along when she became overcome with memories of she and dad and all of us together. But when it did come, and it would, I know, just as it always came back for me, I knew I wouldn’t be that far away. Then I thought of her last words. That was the second time she’d suggested I use hypnosis for some kind of show. It wasn’t that I rejected the idea outright. It was just that I had never planned to use hypnosis publicly.

‘Everybody?’ My mum said as I walked into the room on my way to the kitchen to grab a coffee before going out to a movie by myself. ‘This is my son, Steven.’

I smiled and politely bowed, and, overdid it, as usual, but I was trying to be a comedian so I knew I’d be forgiven by the members of mum’s bridge club who had all arrived for their weekly game. It was Friday night. Almost a week had gone by since mum and I had shared her last moment. She’d been fine since then and so had I.

There were seven ladies in mum’s club, eight with her. They were all aged from their mid-forties to their mid-fifties. Usually, I’d left or wasn’t home when they came for their weekly game. They all smiled at me and said hello. I was just about to move on to the kitchen to get my coffee when mum floored me, absolutely floored me.

‘Girls’!’ She said brightly. ‘Steven’s going to put on a little hypnosis demonstration for us all.’

My heart stopped dead in its tracks and I think I heard my jaw hitting the floor just after it. I never breathe through my mouth. My tongue gets dry and sticks to the roof of my mouth, but I sure sucked in a lot of cool air all of a sudden.

‘He’s a professionally certified and competent hypnosis therapist, just starting out and looking to help people with problems that the doctors or shrinks can’t seem to fix.’

I stood rooted to the spot with my eyes as wide and as round as two big flying saucers. Staring and then glaring at my mother, I couldn’t believe she had suddenly taken leave of her intelligent senses and done that, or put me, her son, whom she always claimed in rare moments to love so much-on the spot like that. All the women grinned and smiled and said hello, while some clapped excitedly.

‘Mum!’ I exclaimed, flabbergasted and embarrassed, ‘I was just going out to the movies! They start soon!’

Mum just brushed me off like an unwanted spider web and turned back to the other hens gathered around the pecking table.

‘He hasn’t got a lot of time, girls!’ she said excitedly to them all. ‘He was just going out. So he’ll just do a quick one so you can all tell your friends at all our other clubs about him and help him get his therapy business off to a good start. Okay? We only have to do everything he says, that’s all.’

All the women around the table clapped and laughed and cackled and smiled. To say I was speechless would be an understatement. To say I was angry with her would be even more of an understatement. But to say I was successful in getting across how upset I was with my mother would simply be ridiculous. All of my urgently messaging looks and distressed behavioral body language flowed like water off a duck’s back as she just sat there, grinning up at me.

What made me the most annoyed with mum was that she knew I knew that she’d win, or I’d embarrass her in front of her friends when she was only trying to help me get started out in a new business. And what sort of son would say “no” to his poor widowed mother who was only trying to help her baby boy? He would be a prick of a son, wouldn’t he?

I smiled my best, “I’ll get you later” smile in an embarrassed way and manner at mum, and I was and I would, somehow.

Nevertheless, my mind was already racing to come up with a plan. It wasn’t easy. I glared again at mum, who just smiled and nodded, such that I felt her eyes were saying smugly, “Now Steven, you know I’m the smart one in the family. You just do what your mother tells you and everything will work out fine.”

I shook my head just slightly. Then again, I silently promised her with my eyes that somehow, someday, somewhere, and when she was least expecting it, I would get her, and, I would get her good.

Casually then, I glanced around the table, trying my best to appear nonplussed about the whole thing. What a silent lie that was. My heart was racing to keep up with my mind, which was still desperately trying to come up with some sort of emergency escape plan, as well as a quick induction and short demonstration for them all.

I threatened my mother again with my eyes, silently informing her officially that she had definitely not heard the last of this. Suddenly, L was not that G. Life was definitely not looking all that good at all.

‘Okay, ladies!’ I said brightly, sounding as if I knew exactly what was going to happen next, but not having a clue where I was going, except rapidly insane. Then, suddenly, I saw what lay scattered around the table in front of them all and I knew I’d won, or, I had a workable plan, anyway, and I figured I could pull it off. Talk about more guts than sense.

‘Okay, ladies!’ I said again, stalling for time now that I had an idea of which way to go. ‘I wonder if you’d all like to pick up one of those cards in front you and just hold it in your hand?’

They all fell quiet, even mum. Then they each picked up one of the cards from the table.

‘Good girls,’ I said, smiling and walking around behind them as I spoke. ‘Now, I don’t want you to concern yourself with my walking around behind you. Just pretend I’m not there, because in a few moments, but not before I tell you, that card you’re holding and gazing at will become the most important card you’ve ever seen in your entire life.’

I watched, pleased as they all smiled and immediately began concentrating on the card in their hands, even mum, who quickly glanced up at me and grinned, as if to say, ‘See, Baby? I told you everything would work out fine.”

I smiled back at her, then she looked back at her card. I kept slowly pacing around the table, circumnavigating three times before I spoke again. I was giving them time to simply focus on only one thing, instead of the myriad of things that women all seem to think about, seemingly at the same time. I had trouble just thinking about one thing at a time.

‘Don’t worry about me,’ I repeated, ‘it’s as if I’m simply not here, just a relaxing voice droning on in the background. You just keep gazing peacefully at your card. I wonder if you’re sensing already any sort of a feeling as to why it’s going to become the most important thing you’ve ever held in your hand.’

Some heads shook sideways while some actually nodded here and there, but all kept looking at the card in their hands, even mum. I was pleased and felt a lot more relaxed and in control of the situation.

Nobody told my heart, though. It still raced ninety to the dozen. I was praying that Jim had been right. He’d taught us that when the conscious mind has nothing to do in focussing on only one thing, it quickly becomes bored and rapidly turns the whole show over to the subconscious mind, since the conscious mind no longer has anything to think about.

‘Good girls,’ I said firmly, but soothingly.

As I continued to walk slowly and silently around the table behind each of them, I tried to notice how they looked. This was a crazy idea for an induction, I knew that, but desperate times call for desperate measures and, I had been desperate at the time. In fact, I still was.

Most of the women were now leaning a little more forward toward the card they each held in their hand, even my mum, and all seemed to be gazing intently at it. I remembered as I gazed at her that Jim had also taught us that the easiest people to hypnotize were the most intelligent. I told you my mum was very smart. I’d get her yet. Thoughts of revenge quickly flooded my mind, but I brushed them aside for a greater overall cause. A couple of the women had now placed their forearms on the table in front of them and rested their weight on them while they watched their card.

‘Just relax and breathe deeply,’ I told them in a firm, but soothing voice, ‘because the more you wonder why that card, in only a few moments, will become the most important thing in your life, the more relaxed you’ll begin to feel. Just look and let go.’

I finished while I continued to pace around behind them, hoping that my constantly moving behind them would give them the illusion of my voice seeming to come from everywhere at once. One lady, a big woman in her late fifties, was now leaning well forward toward her card. She looked to me as if she were straining to peer right into it without her glasses and had to be that close. But, when I reached her side, I could see that her face was relaxed and that she wasn’t straining at all. In fact, her eyes seemed at half-mast, as did a few of the others’.

‘Good girls,’ I said quietly.

I glanced across at mum’s face. She, too, was now leaning forward a little more than she had been. All of the women now seemed to be breathing easily and deeply. This I could see from my constant circumnavigating of the table where I observed each woman’s face and body language as I passed by, and, mum looked no different. I decided to test for trance depth, expecting on a light hypnoidal trance at this early stage.

‘And you can see already that I was right,’ I offered them all to form an opinion on, ‘the more you gaze at your card, the more relaxed and peaceful you feel. And the more relaxed and peaceful you feel, the more you seem to just really want to look into your card and your life and times even more so.’

Jim had taught us that the quickest way to get the conscious mind off and away from thinking about what the hypnotist was going to do or say or might do or say next was to get it going into a reflective direction. That way, it wouldn’t really be too interested in screening whatever suggestions or instructions came after. After all, everybody’s personal life is more important to think about than a man’s voice droning on in the background. That’s the theory, anyway. I believed it at the time and I still did then. I had no choice.

Suddenly, I noticed a tear rolling down the cheek of one woman who would have been in her late forties or early fifties. I walked around to her without delay and looked closely at her body language. She was in distress. Her shoulders were tense and she now sat stiffly, whereas before, she had sat a lot more loosely and relaxed. I had made my first professional mistake. Without thinking about the consequences of the words I used I had caused someone to hurt.

‘And the more you gaze into your card and your life and times,’ I said quickly, desperate to make amends before any more pain or suffering took place in the woman’s mind, ‘the more you realize that you can feel only happiness and joy. Just look and let go now as you continue relax and grow more peaceful with every gentle breath to take.’

I breathed a sigh of relief, feeling a bit better about myself.

‘Good girl,’ I said firmly, but soothingly, shortening it now to “girl” instead of “girls” to make it seem as if I was speaking only and directly to them, personally. Then, as I passed by each woman, including mum, I repeated that trance key, ‘Good girl” to each and every one of them.

When I did, I leaned forward and down to them, saying it close to their left ear. It was reassuring to see and hear most of them sigh and seem to relax a little more as I did so, even mum. They all sat staring heavy-lidded at the card in their hands. Their faces and features appeared very relaxed and calm. None had closed their eyes at this stage, but many were close, especially my mum.

‘As you gaze deeply, very deeply into your card and your life and times, and think only of all the happiness and joy coming,’ I said then, introducing a future time line for them all to travel on in their thoughts, just in case there happened to be no joy and happiness in their past life at all, ‘I wonder if you can already feel how relaxed and calm you feel while you get ready for that happiness and joy to come along?’

Several of the women sighed, including mum, while a few of the women nodded in agreement.

‘Relax now,’ I now said firmly, but softly to each one as I walked around the table and paused to speak quietly to them in turn. Then, ‘Good girl.’

One by one, as I spoke, they all smiled when I said that, then seemed to relax a little bit more. Some even sighed. I was pleased. They were all doing well and seemed to be in a medium hypnotic trance-even mum. Some seemed a little deeper, but I couldn’t really tell without testing them. Again, as I glanced over at mum, thoughts of what revenge I could take on her entered my mind, but again, I brushed them immediately away for the greater cause.

I began to feel very confident as I continued to walk around behind each and every one of them, stopping at each one, then leaning down and speaking very quietly into their ear as I said: “Relax now,” then, “Good girl.” Then, after two more circumnavigation’s of the table, I stopped saying the words, ‘Relax now,” and only said their trance key, “Good girl.”

Each one smiled and then sighed, then they seemed to relax a little bit more. Some of the women now leaned well forward toward their cards, such that it was almost in front of their eyes, while some just sat slumped in their chairs, no longer looking at their card at all, or anything else, for that matter. Their eyes just seemed glassy and had a, “I’m sooooooo far away” look in them, and with a look on their face to match. I decided to move forward and test them, carefully at first, but to test them and see just what trance depth with each of them I’d achieved.

‘In a few moments,’ I said firmly, but quietly, ‘I’m going to count to three and then snap my fingers and when I do that, the noise will seem very loud, as if I’d done it right beside your left ear.’

I gave them a few moments to put that into imagery in their minds and then proceeded.

‘Good girl,’ I said firmly, but soothingly. I smiled when most of them did, too. ‘And when I do that,’ I went on, ‘you’ll feel wide awake and as fresh as a daisy, as if you’ve just woken up from the most deep and relaxing sleep you’ve ever had in your life. Any aches and pains you’ve had lately will be gone. Any concerns or worries you’ve had will have been put back into the correct perspective in your mind and you’ll feel really good about yourself-really, really good.’

I gave them another few moments to get that lot into imagery and perspective in their minds, then I kept going, an idea forming in the back of my mind as to how I would test them.

‘Good girl.’ I said, ‘And when you hear me snap my fingers very loudly beside your left ear, you’ll open your eyes and be completely awake and refreshed and ready to get on with your bridge game.’

Again, I gave them a few moments to plot the scenario in their imagination.

‘Good girl,’ I reinforced, ‘But,’ I added, ‘when you do open your eyes, and, after a few moments, you’ll suddenly realize when you look at me that I’m naked. You’ll be pleasantly surprised and excited to discover that I have no clothes on whatsoever, that I am completely naked in front of you, and that will surprise you and excite you and make you feel like you would if you had attended a hen’s private night out and they provided a wild male stripper there to entertain you.’

I grinned, as they all did immediately. I didn’t think it was to up close and personal for their age bracket, including my mum. After all, I wasn’t really naked. They would only think I was, because that’s what I suggested to them, including my mum. That would teach her to put me on the spot. I almost laughed at the thought of her looking up and seeing her son stark naked in front of all her bridge-playing friends

‘Good girl,’ I said soothingly, just in case any of them was wearing a pacemaker. They all continued to smile. I guessed that none of them were or they’d be flat on their backs on the floor by now.

‘And when I say the words you already love to hear, “Good girl,” you’ll close your eyes and relax with a beautiful deep sigh and go right back to the peaceful, exciting place where you can once again dream about all of the joy and happiness that you will soon make the time and effort to happen in your life and times.’ And then I added, ‘And you do love to hear me say those special relaxing words, “Good girl,” don’t you?’ I finished.

To my utter delight and professional hypnotic pride, they all nodded in unison. The big grin took on such a wide stretch across my face, I could hardly see, my eyes were creased up so much in the huge smile of satisfaction.

‘Good girl,’ I said. They all smiled and sighed, including, I’m happy to say, my mum.

‘And when you hear me say the words, “Welcome to your life and times,” you’ll open your eyes and be wide awake again and no longer hypnotized,’ I told them, ‘You’ll feel healthy, you’ll feel happy, and, you’ll feel terrific. You’ll also remember everything you thought, felt and saw or believed you saw while in your hypnotic trance and will be more than pleased to tell your friends that hypnosis really does work, and, that I work it, very well.’

I gave them a few moments to put those images into their correct place within the waking scenario and then counted to three then snapped my fingers as loudly as I could.

Immediately, as a group, their heads snapped bolt upright. Eyes blinked and were rubbed. Heads turned left and right, wide-eyed as each woman looked at each other and then finally, at me. I wished I’d have had a video loaded and waiting to go-one on each of their faces. The shock realization was almost instantaneous, especially my mum’s. This revenge was definitely sweet.

Women gasped everywhere while some went on to clap and cheer. Some laughed or giggled, clearly embarrassed as I stood there smiling down at them and moving my hips from side to side, like a male stripper, while my mum just sat there blinking rapidly, as if she couldn’t really believe what she was seeing in front of her eyes.

Smiling wider than I had ever done in my life, I just looked at her, then bumped and ground my hips and pelvis faster while the remainder of the women cheered loudly and began to get right into it. Their eyes, one and all, had not left my groin since realizing it was somehow in front of their faces to focus upon. Then mum stopped gazing wide-eyed at me and looked rapidly left and right at each of the jubilant women who were as old, if not older than she was, and, who were all perving on her naked son. Then she looked quickly back at me, open-mouthed. Her face was as red as a beetroot. I decided she’d suffered enough, I think.

‘Good girl,’ I said firmly, but soothingly. One and all, they closed their eyes down and sighed, then relaxed, including mum. ‘Welcome to your life and times,’ I said then.

They all blinked their eyes and looked left and right again, then up at me. Then they began shaking their heads, as if amazed. And then they began to clap, all except mum. I looked at her directly and raised my eyebrows, as if to say, “You might be my mum and you might be smarter than me, but I’m more sneaky than you.”

Mum just sat there, still wide-eyed, but her mouth was now closed. It didn’t seem she was interested in looking left or right at her friends at all. She only seemed to be interested in looking at me. I could almost take the look on her ace for an astounded look of admiration, but I wasn’t entirely sure when she looked quickly down at my groin and then again into my eyes. It could have been wariness or even fear. Then she looked at her friends to either side and began chatting rapidly while I bowed like a stage performer several times.

After a few moments, I left them and walked to the kitchen to get that long overdue cup of coffee. They were still cackling and laughing for several minutes after I’d left, some even raucously at times. I took my first sip and congratulated myself on a job well done, I thought, and then remembered that I had not seen mum smile before I’d left them. I hoped she wasn’t too angry. That’d teach her, I thought then.

I walked back through the lounge and passed them on the way, smiling and bowing as if coming back for an encore. I departed to the sound of all hands clapping once again and felt absolutely great. I looked at mum in passing, but she was turned away from me and seemed to be talking seriously to the woman next to her, a rather attractive woman, dark-haired, and in her late forties.

I called goodbye over my shoulder to them all without turning back to look at them, then finally got underway to the movies. I’d catch the later show. I felt too pumped up to sit down and stare at a movie screen right then. I just wanted to walk around for a while and go back over the events that had just happened, in my mind. I might not be the hypnotist to the stars, yet, but at least I was now the esteemed hypnotist to the card-playing Blue Rinse set of my mother’s bridge club. I felt sure of that much, at least. To me, right then, for some reason, that seemed to mean a great deal.