The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

THE PRACTICE

By Mesmerr

10

It was only after receiving the fourth phone message on Wednesday that mum had left on my answering machine in the following week that I returned her call. It had said simply: ‘I forgive you, Steven, now call me.’

After I had brought her out of her trance on the Saturday before when I’d planted my written flag, so to speak, on my mum’s bare butt, I had decided not to stay around and had invented a really flimsy excuse not to. I didn’t think she believed me at the time, but she didn’t push it, just hugged me and said goodbye. She’d asked me if it worked and I said yes. She’d seemed happy and had taken my word for it, as she had expected to.

The time between then and now had grown and passed so slowly that, when I hadn’t heard from her by that evening, after the time she usually had her shower, I really thought that I’d gone too far. She didn’t call on Sunday. Then, when she began calling me on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, her voice had sounded really pissed, so I hadn’t been game to return her calls. But, when she forgave me, on tape, at least, I found my courage and called her. She wanted me to come over for dinner. I accepted, but only on the grounds that there existed a restraining order of at least twelve feet surrounding my person at all times while in her house. She had checkled and agreed.

The door opened in front of my eyes at mum’s house at precisely seven-thirty. I know because I glanced at my watch when the porch light came on, after I rang the doorbell. But I got the surprise of my life, however, when the attractive dark-haired woman in her late forties opened the door for me.

‘Right on time,’ she said, smiling. Then she stood back and allowed me to pass by without answering the unasked question on my face and in my eyes.

‘Thank you,’ I said, smiling back and walking on in and past her. Then I headed for the kitchen with the lady I believed was Serena, right beside me.

‘Hi, Mum!’ I said brightly, hoping all really was forgiven between us. She turned around from the kitchen sink and looked at me, and then she smiled. Everything was okay. I was so relieved.

‘Go into the lounge with Serena and get to know her, Stevie,’ she said, ‘dinner won’t be long. Your coffee is already by your chair.’

‘Okay,’ I answered, then led Serena into the lounge.

Serena took the chair that mum had sat in when I’d hypnotized her into showing me her bare white ass. I sat down. Serena did the same. She picked up her coffee and smiled at me before taking a sip. Then she placed it down on the table between us. She folded her hands comfortably in her lap then and looked a little strangely at me. I was beginning to feel as if I was on show, or, I was the show. Her even being there was surprise enough, without me being mum’s entertainment committee for the night.

‘So, Steven,’ Serena said gaily, ‘your mum has told me of your hypnotic talents. I’m really looking forward to you giving us a great show.’

It was only then that I wondered when mum had actually booked the show at Serena’s home. I hadn’t asked and then seriously reminded myself to do so at the first opportunity, but I wasn’t going to ask now. Then I wondered, as I held Serena’s intelligent steady gaze in my eyes, exactly what mum had told her? Surely she wouldn’t have told her about me writing on her bare butt? I wondered. Nevertheless, I think I was beginning to blush. I felt hot beneath the armpits. I also saw Serena smile and raise her eyebrows, but she didn’t say anything to let on, if she did notice.

‘Me, too,’ was all I could think of to say. Then I lifted my cup.

Just then, mum called us to dinner. It was great, as usual, with both Serena and I both complimenting her several times on her cooking and the way she presented it to us, as if we were in an a-la-carte restaurant. After dinner, Serena helped mum to stack the dishwasher while I relaxed with a soft drink in the lounge. Mum and Serena joined me fifteen minutes later. Each had a glass of white wine in their hands. I raised my eyebrows at mum when I saw what she had. She didn’t usually drink, in fact, very, very rarely, I believed, like me.

‘I’m celebrating your success,’ she defended when she saw the look on my face. ‘To you,’ she toasted then, lifting her glass.

‘To your success,’ Serena echoed, lifting her glass, too.

I lifted my coffee cup and toasted myself with them, feeling on the spot and hot and bothered, as I usually did when I found I was the center of attention, for any reason whatsoever.

‘Thank you, ladies,’ I smiled, lowering my coffee cup and dipping my head graciously. Then I relaxed back into my favorite chair. It had been dad’s favorite chair, too. Just then I had a mind-shuddering thought. I hoped he hadn’t been watching when I’d made mum strip down to her bare ass on the Saturday before. Then relaxed and realized that dad would have seen the funny side of the whole thing, especially when I wrote across her buttocks. I felt myself relax a bit more after that.

We all engaged in small talk for a while, with Serena telling us her life story, although I expect it was more for my benefit than for mum’s. I didn’t know all of mum’s friends, but I suspected that Serena was probably one of her closer ones. She was forty-nine years old with two kids who were now grown and had left home. She’d once had a husband from a twenty-five year marriage who’d also left home right after her kids had, but to sow his wild oats with his young secretary.

After twenty minutes, Serena took my mostly empty coffee cup and the two wineglasses then went to the kitchen to refill them with coffee and wine while mum and I chatted about ideas for the different upcoming hypnosis shows. The occurrence of the Saturday before, much to my relief, was not talked about. Before Serena arrived back with the coffee and drinks, mum leaned forward a little in her chair and engaged my gaze directly.

‘Serena doesn’t believe hypnosis works as well as I told her it can,’ she said quietly, with a cheeky grin on her face. ‘Even though she experienced it a bit the other night with all of us at the card table.’ Then she added quickly, ‘Sorry about the surprise guest, but she sort of led me to ask her over when we were talking about the show in her home next Saturday. She wanted to meet you so we could all talk about it together.’

‘She experienced it a bit? Next Saturday?’ I queried twice, twice surprised.

‘Yes,’ she said, ‘didn’t I tell you?’

‘You have now,’ I grinned, hoping it would give me enough time to come up with exciting some routines.

‘Serena really wants the show to be a great success with the girls in her club,’ mum said then. ‘I think she might be inviting her friends from her tennis club. I don’t know them at all because I don’t play.’

I nodded, aware then of Serena making her way back from the kitchen. I gave mum the eye signal to tell her. She nodded, but then leaned even further forward in her chair toward me.

‘I think she wants to ask you for a another demonstration,’ she said hushed and quickly. Then she sat up and smiled at me, beginning to go on with talking about something I knew absolutely nothing about. Serena handed me my coffee and smiled then handed mum her wine. Then she sat down beside mum on the big lounge. Kicking off her shoes, she drew her knees up on the lounge beside her and sat sort of sideways. Mum then did followed suit and did the same thing. She smiled at Serena a little strangely for only a brief second, then turned to look at me and smile. I smiled back at her.

‘Cheers, ladies’ I said, then lifted my coffee cup to them both again. Serena chuckled and mum laughed. I wondered then what mum would be like when she got drunk. I’d never heard of it happening, but it would be interesting, to say the least, I concluded.

‘Steven,’ Serena said, after sipping her fresh wine, ‘just how effective is hypnosis?’

‘In what way?’ I queried and smiled. Her eyes were crystal clear. Obviously one glass of wine had no effect on her, or, if it did, it certainly wasn’t showing in her eyes. Well, she would have to pave the way, I decided then. I was not volunteering anything for anything, but I did say, ‘It’s fairly effective in most of the areas it’s used, I believe.’

Mum and Serena both smiled and nodded. I did, too. Mum got more comfortable then, shifting her knees and legs around. Then Serena did, too. I just settled back to wait and see where Serena was going to lead the conversation. I knew she’d say something. She had that determined “I’m-going-to-ask-before-the-evening-gets-any-older” look on her face and in her eyes. And then she did.

‘I really want your show to be a great success, Steven,’ she said. ‘Can you show us just how effective it’s going to be on everybody?’

I smiled. You mean just how effective it’s going to be on you, I thought.

‘What would you like to see or do?’ I asked, lowering my cup and putting a serious look on my face. ‘Want mum to get out the deck of cards again?’

Both women laughed and so did I, but we weren’t getting any closer to her truth.

‘No,’ she smiled, ‘not that again. I’ve seen it. I was hoping you could show me a sample of what your mother has been telling me, about—’ She paused then and glanced quickly at mum, who only shrugged and smiled at her, as if to say: “You started this conversation and wanted to be here. You ask him.”

‘About what?’ I prompted her, looking directly at mum and wondering if she’d told Serena about what we’d done last Saturday.

Serena took a sip of her wine, looked quickly once more at mum, then lowered the glass and renewed her determined look directly at me. I just smiled and waited.

‘About... About having them do things at the party and not remembering them,’ she said, finally finding the courage.

‘What sort of things?’ I asked, forcing her to confront her own fantasies, if she had any, and, I suspected strongly that she did.

‘Oh, you know?’ She said vaguely, waving her hand around in the air with the wineglass in it. Mum burst out laughing, then quickly sipped her wine. She was obviously enjoying Serena’s stumbling.

‘No,’ I said patiently, ‘I don’t.’

Mum chuckled again then while I wondered if the wine was slowly getting to her.

‘Things that are fun.’ Serena said then. ‘You know, maybe a little naughty and nice, harmless enough, but enough to put a bit of spice into a girl’s night out, you know?’

‘I guess there’s not too much point in not remembering things that aren’t worth knowing, is it?’ I stated with a flat grin on my face.

Mum chuckled again and Serena nodded enthusiastically, as if I’d finally learned her language. She looked at me strangely then and I felt like a slow idiot. Duh!

‘Exactly!’ She exclaimed excitedly, then sipped her wine. ‘Exactly!’

‘And you want me to do those things now?’ I queried. ‘With you?’

‘No! No!’ Serena suddenly shrieked, laughing and giggling. ‘Not with me! That’s for them, the crowd!’ She impressed upon me. I assumed from that illuminating exchange that her guests were intended to be labeled and thought of as, “the great unwashed,” to be hypnotized and then used for the overall enjoyment of others, Serena included.

‘Then what?’ I queried again, a little lost when I’d thought I hadn’t been. Mum chuckled again. I looked at her glass. It was empty. I looked at her eyes. They were definitely not. They gazed at Serena as if waiting for her to dig a hole deep enough so that she’d just topple right into it all by herself.

‘The forgetting bit!’ She said, sounding exasperated with me. ‘You know? The part your mother told me about on the phone.’

I glanced at mum and frowned, fairly sure now that Serena was, in fact, one of her closer friends if she’d told her about last Saturday when her own son had written in ink across her bare butt. And I believed now that mum had told her.

‘Oh,’ was all I said, then sat back a little in my chair. Mum shrugged when she glanced quickly at me, but didn’t hold my gaze for long. Then she was straight back to seemingly watching Serena very carefully, as if waiting for her to trip over her feet for good.

‘Well, if I’m absolutely certain that it works,’ Serena said, ‘then I know what really fun things I can ask you to do with them, can’t I?’

I nodded, but said, ‘Hasn’t mum has already told you it works.’

‘I know, I know,’ she said, brushing away my words and waving her wine glass around the place, ‘but I-I want to see for myself.’

Mum began chuckling again. Serena looked at her sternly, then turned her serious gaze back on me.

‘Well?’ She said, turned back to glare at mum’s chuckled at her. The she grinned softly at her in a friendly way. ‘You’ve seen it work first-hand. Why can’t I?’

‘Don’t ask me,’ mum replied, grinning. ‘Ask him. I’m only his manager.’ Then she chuckled again as she got off the lounge and grabbed my cup and Serena’s wineglass. I settled back in the chair again and looked steadily at Serena who was looking straight at me. I smiled and so did she.

I chuckled at both of them, then-the way Serena was carrying on, as if she was about to discover Viagra; and mum, as well, in the way she seemed to be goading Serena all the time with her facial looks and expressions. Yep, I decided, settling back a bit-L might definitely be G tonight.