The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

MERINO APOTHEOSIS—2008

FEMALE BY DESIGN

9

Over the next few days, until late Friday afternoon, John and Christie had completed a tremendous amount of research into the missing person files. He had not told her of his meetings with his contact person, nor of the information he had been given. In his own time, he had borrowed other files from various friends associated within the industry, as well as the local police force, even taking advantage of his limited computer access to restricted police files. Christie was proving to be a very hard worker and was very smart in her ability to think laterally, he had observed. She saw things from a perspective he knew he wouldn’t have looked from.

Friday had almost come to a close, thanks largely to her efforts. They had finished the necessary groundwork for the first edition of the story his boss had given them. In the next few days, he hoped he would receive another call.

Just after five o’clock they had everything wrapped up for the Saturday morning edition for the first series of unrelated articles they had been working together on.

He sat back in his chair and placed his hands behind his head, looking across his desk at her. His new partner looked fresh while he felt stuffed. In fact, she looked the opposite of how he felt. He sighed, knowing a break and some relaxing company would do him the world of good.

Christie must have sensed him looking at her, he figured then, because she looked up, then smiled and sighed loudly while she held his gaze momentarily in her own. Then she closed the manila file on her desk and sat back as he had done, reaching up with her arms to lock them behind her head and copy him.

He just sat there and smiled silently, wondering what she was thinking. Once again, he felt tired and needed some time off to relax and unwind after the hectic week they’d had, none the least of which had been learning to work with her.

‘I could handle that,’ she said suddenly. He grinned.

Is this woman a mind reader as well? He wondered, smiling.

‘What did you have in mind?’ She asked quietly.

To say he was surprised and showed it, was an understatement, to say the least. He laughed out loud. She did too.

‘Read minds too, do you?’ He asked grinning.

‘No, you just look like I feel,’ she answered, surprising him while bringing her arms down and sitting up straight in her chair. He did likewise and began to pack up his briefcase, wondering if she was again thinking the same thing he was, and feeling that that was exactly what she was thinking.

‘Yes,’ he said, ‘it’s been a long week, hasn’t it? But we’ve got a lot done, thanks largely to your efforts.’

She dropped her gaze. Was that a touch of embarrassment?

‘Thank you,’ she smiled. ‘It’s always nice to be appreciated. You were telling me where to go. I’ve got a lot to learn yet, but we’ll get there.’

He let the smile fade slowly from his face.

‘Yes,’ he said. ‘I don’t think there’s any doubt about that, whatsoever.’

Her smile faded as they held each other’s gaze for a few moments. He felt that she knew what he was thinking and he certainly believed he felt what she was thinking. He didn’t know if that was a good sign or not.

She was the first to break the fixation of each other’s eyes when she turned to close her briefcase. He felt like he wanted to say something, but for the life of him, he didn’t know what. She stood up slowly, tiredly bending down and lifting her briefcase with her right hand.

‘Ugh!’ She grunted, as if lifting a heavy weight. Then she turned and looked down at him and smiled. ‘Feel like a quiet night?’ She asked softly.

Another two-edged question, he grinned, wishing she wouldn’t do that.

A quiet night by myself,’ he asked himself-or a quiet night alone with you?

‘With me?’ She added, solving his dilemma.

‘Sounds perfect, after the week we’ve had,’ he heard himself answer.

She grinned, her face and eyes seemingly losing their tired appearance all of a sudden.

‘Around eight will do nicely. We’ve done enough hurrying for one week, don’t you think?’

He stood up, instantly smelling her perfume, the same one she’d been wearing. It had exactly the same effect.

‘Yes,’ he chuckled, without looking down, remembering the pressure of her body against the effect of her perfume. She giggled like a schoolgirl all of a sudden.

‘I was there, remember?’ She laughed, then turned away and walked from the office with a spring in her step that was indicative of how he had thought she’d felt earlier.

It was then, right at that point, that he seriously considered if she really could read his mind. Or, maybe, he was just that obvious in his facial expressions, whenever his body spoke? Maybe the colour drained from his face or something like that, such that it was easy for an on-looker to tell if his body had begun to direct huge amounts of his blood from his face to a specific part of his body?

He grinned to himself and his dilemma with her.