The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Story of Mark and Trish

Chapter 2

Sophomore Year

Trish

Considering everything, this summer did not turn out so bad. While the first two days of imprisonment in Boston were pretty bad, Grandpa came and rescued me. Soon, I was in Florida for the summer. Amy got a job on campus and then spent the last two weeks with me down here. We had a great time. The past weirdness about our drunken encounter seems to be gone. What pleases me the most was staying in touch with Mark. He had been wonderful company. We’d talk and laugh like we were in the same room. I even got to meet his dad over the phone. I’m looking forward to meeting him in person in October at Homecoming.

I’m really looking forward to this weekend. Amy, Mark, Marcus and I will be sophomore volunteers for Freshman Orientation. On the romance front, I met a guy name Troy Stevens. He is a linebacker at Pitt and knows Nate’s friend, Greg. I could tell that he was into me. I also read on-line that it seems likely that he has a chance to play in the NFL. After my two day stint in hell, I realized that I needed to come up with an escape plan. While I wouldn’t marry for money, I’d do my best to fall in love with someone who’s going to be stinking rich. When I thought about that, my thoughts turned to Mark. Marky Mark was brilliant. No doubt he would go far some day. The problem is that as much as I love him, I think of him as more of a dear friend. “Could I ever love him romantically?” The point is rather moot, as the only way I can escape Mike Caldwell’s clutches is to get money.

Mark

Working Orientation was a hell of a lot more fun than participating last year. When Trish saw me, she ran to my arms and hugged the stuffing out of me. Then she gave me a kiss like she did at the airport. I must have looked like a grinning fool. Every time I see her, she gets more and more beautiful. Within a matter of hours we were back to being the four musketeers. I caught Marcus checking out a gorgeous freshman basketball player. We teased him mercilessly (especially Amy).

I met a nice freshman guy named Jeff. He was an Econ major. After talking with him, I realized that his faculty advisor had underestimated his abilities. I basically told him about my class load from last year and that he shouldn’t have any trouble with doing what I did. He then proceeded to copy it down so he could switch into some of those classes. Of course I got razzed for having a “mini me”.

Trish didn’t get razzed. Her “mini me” was a knockout from Tennessee named Amber Lynn Portnoy. Trish told me that she had won her regional pageant and was going to enter the Miss Tennessee Pageant next year. While she was stunning, she didn’t have anything on the girl who referred to me as her best friend.

Trish

Homecoming was so much better this year. I really enjoyed meeting Mark’s Dad. He doesn’t really look a lot like Mark, but they have a very similar way about them. He’s quite charming. The really great thing was that my family couldn’t make it because my dad and “Uncle Mike” had a meeting (though I missed Wendy). I was hoping that my Grandpa would make it this year (as he is a Sanders Alum too), but he was involved in a diplomatic effort. Grandpa spent a number of years as Diplomatic Counsel at the US Embassy in West Germany. He also represented Massachusetts in the US House of representatives for two terms before returning to help run the family business.

Anyway, the other thing is I started going out with Troy Stevens (the Pitt football player I met over the summer). I got a car at the beginning of the term and convinced my grandfather to have his pilot fly me out to Pitt this weekend. I like Troy. He could be the one. I did see some traces of aggression with a friend of his and he still has not passed the “Mark Test”, but I have high hopes for this one.

Mark

I’m in turmoil. Trish has been blowing me off. She started dating some guy from Pitt a few weeks ago and I’m lucky if she talks to me once a week. To make matters worse, my father called and told me that my mother was dying and wants to see me. I have no desire to see her. I’ll never forgive her for walking out on me and my dad when I was only six. Still, I’m somewhat conflicted. I need to talk to someone, but with Trish too busy with her flavor of the month and Marcus… well Marcus is happy. He officially met that cute basketball player a few weeks ago and I twisted his arm to ask her out. Her name is Angie, and she’s as nice as she is pretty. The important thing is that she seems to be into Marcus as much as he is into her. Anyway, as happy as he is, I hate my life right now. Marcus is trying his best to drag me out of the room, but I’m just lying here in my Trish induced misery, and now my Dad is pressuring me to see my Mom.

I’ve decided that I’m through with Trish! If I’m her best friend, I’d hate to see how she treats her enemies.

Trish

I‘ve been seeing an awful lot of Troy lately. I had gone to Pitt the week before. Last week, Pitt was playing at Syracuse, so I met him there. This week, I was going back to Pitt. Mark and I have not been seeing much of each other lately. I hadn’t thought about it at the time, but I had been neglecting my friend and I wanted to see him.

Then I ran into Marcus in the cafeteria. He told me that Mark’s mother was dying! I dumped my untouched tray on a nearby table and ran to his dorm! When I knocked on his door, he let me in. He started crying! I had never seen Mark cry before. He was never one to wear his heart on his sleeve and was pretty stoic; especially when he was hurting. I ran to hug him and he pushed me away. I went to hug him again and he kept pushing me away, Finally, I just flung myself at him and held him tightly in my arms. At that moment, I realized how much I needed Mark. I had been a bitch for blowing him off so much lately and decided to cancel my trip to Pitt.

We sat in his room for hours talking about his Mom. Finally, I got him to see how important it was for him to see her. He had never heard her side and this would be his only chance.

The next morning, I called Troy to cancel the weekend. Then I saw the ugliness I was worried about. He had the nerve to give me an ultimatum! “Come or it was over.” I told him it was over and hung up! When Mark heard that I broke up with Troy, he sweetly apologized! I felt my tears well in my eyes, but I was not crying over the break up. I was touched at Mark’s kindness! Mark is so sweet! I’ve no idea what our future will hold, but something tells me that Mark is always going to be the most important person in my life. “You always come first, babe,” I said, calling him “babe” for the first time and then hugging him. I don’t know why I called him that. It just seemed so right.

Mark

The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind which has changed my life forever. After Trish convinced me to see my Mom, I flew to Washington D.C. that Sunday and spent the next week there visiting my mother. I did my best to swallow my anger, but it was quite apparent that when I saw her the first day, I stopped being angry. My Mom had been a very lovely woman. This woman I was looking at still had traces of loveliness. She still had her lovely red hair and green eyes, but her face was gaunt and her eyes were hollow. I felt pity overwhelm me, as she broke into her tale of woe of how she went from a being a respected lobbyist to becoming the equivalent of a high class call girl.

She told me that she had always had a huge sex addiction that she had fought successfully, until she had moved to Boston before she married my dad. It began to eat at her, so she escaped it (or so she thought) when she returned to Fairly and married my Dad (who was her high school sweetheart). Again, she managed to fight the addiction (being married to my dad was all she needed). One day, before I was born, she had gone to DC to lobby for the farm and the addiction took hold of her when she ran into her old employer from Boston and his wife. After I was born, she hoped that being a mother would help stabilize her life, but that didn’t work. The next time she had gone to DC to lobby, she had been unfaithful again. Soon, a pattern emerged.

Finally, her guilt from her infidelity and her sex addled brain caused her to leave us. She began seducing people in power to get votes for whatever lobbyist was paying her. Eventually, she realized that there was more money in just seducing people, and she made a living having sex. Over the last year, she had an epiphany and wanted to stop. She had started getting counseling and wanted to see me and Dad. Then she learned about the cancer.

As I looked into her eyes, I saw a mix of pain sincerity and love. My heart broke, and soon I was a little boy again. I spent the last week of her life getting to know her. I told her about Trish and she frowned before smiling.

“That girl loves you Mark. She just doesn’t know it yet. But up to now, you haven’t really loved her.”

“What?” I asked in surprise.

“She’s beautiful, right?”

“Yes, but she’s my best friend too.”

“But my best guess is you haven’t really appreciated that friendship… at least until now. Something tells me that you’re feeling differently about her at the moment,” she smiled.

When I thought about it, she was right. I have been spending so much time crushing on Trish, I hadn’t seen how much she genuinely cared for me. She had done a number of things, including taking me to the airport last May and spending this past weekend convincing me to visit my mother. Then I knew my mother was right. I was in love with Trish Winthrop. I really love her.

Speaking of love, despite the circumstances, I fell in love with my mother as if I were six again. The last day she was conscious, I told her how much I loved her. She began to cry, but I could tell that she was happy. I was miserable. I now truly regretted not trying to see her for all those years. I could tell she knew this. “Baby, don’t feel bad about this. You’ve made me happier than I have been in my whole life. I have your love and your forgiveness. That’s all I need,” she smiled as she stroked my head as I put it on her shoulder. “I love you, Mark. I am so proud of the caring man you have grown up to be.”

A few hours later, she was semi-conscious and unable to speak. I was crying. Then the nurse smiled at me. “She can’t talk, but she can still hear you. Take her hand and tell her what you want to tell her.”

I started to tell my Mom about how amazing she was, how much I loved her, and how I would never forget her. I felt her squeezing my hand. My tears were rolling down my cheeks. Within a few hours she was gone.

I offered to go back home to Fairly, but I could tell that my Dad wanted to be alone. Apparently he said his goodbyes to her the week before, but I could tell that this was hitting him as hard as it hit me. He said he had to handle my mother’s final arrangements (she didn’t want a funeral). I tried to insist, but my Dad had already made plans for me to spend Thanksgiving with Marcus’ family in Philadelphia. As my dad had become friends with Marcus’ dad at the last two Homecoming’s, he felt quite comfortable leaving me with the Tibbs family. As it turned out, this was the best thing. I love Marcus’ parents and being there made me feel normal after my emotional week. They even let me watch my Cowboys play (as Eagles fans, they hated my team with a passion).

When we got back to Sanders, I sought out Trish. When she saw me, she gave me a huge hug. I smiled at her. At that moment I was sure. I did not know how I could do it, but I was going to make Trish mine and I would give myself completely to her. My Mom was right. I was in love with Trish Winthrop and somewhere inside of her; I knew she felt the same way about me.

Trish

I sat looking out the window of my Grandparents place in Florida. Needless to say it wasn’t a “White Christmas”. I remembered back to when I was a little girl. We always had Christmas in Concord. The property was often covered in snow. Things were so easy then. Wendy and I were so close. We would play with our presents and keep warm next to the big fireplace in the Great room. My Mom, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa always had such fun.

After our meal, Amy went out to meet a girl she met. My Grandparents were visiting their friend Marcy. I was by myself and feeling kind of sad and lonely. Then I knew I had to talk to someone and there was only one person on my mind. “Hi babe!” I said into my cell.

“Hey Trish! Merry Christmas!”

“To you too. I was just thinking of you and needed to hear your voice,”

“Well, my voice is always at your disposal,” he laughed.

“Thank God for that,” I laughed back.

“You OK?”

“I’m miserable!” I lamented.

“Don’t you have Amy to keep you company?”

“No. She got lucky.”

“Leave it to Amy to get lucky on Christmas Day.”

I laughed. I laughed hard. Mark could always get me to laugh. We talked for a while, just enjoying each other’s company. Neither one of us wanting to hang up. At one point, I zoned out and looked at the clock. I hadn’t said anything in about ten minutes. Neither had he. “You still there,” he asked.

“I’ll always be there, Marky,” I said dreamily.

Mark

When I got back to Campus, Trish gave me one of her patented hugs and sweet kisses. When I tried to intensify the kiss, Trish pulled back. I realized that she was not ready to explore a romantic relationship with me. We didn’t say anything. We just looked into each other’s eyes for a moment and then she hugged me and whispered, “I love you, Sir Mark. Let’s not do anything that will ruin that.”

Needless to say I was frustrated. The one positive thing about the whole thing with Trish is that it brought Amy and me closer. Amy was beautiful. Under her gruff exterior, I sensed that there was a sweet person. We began to hang out more without Trish. Trish was doing a lot of casual dating with Sanders guys and I was getting really frustrated. Apparently I was not the only one. When I asked Amy out for coffee at the snack bar, she confessed to me that she was in love with Trish. “Me too,” I said.

“Duh!” she laughed.

That was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Amy and I get together a couple of times a week for “Trish rehab”. It’s really kind of an Amy and Mark mutual admiration society. We build each other up and vent about Trish. Several weeks into our little club, Trish tried to join us. We both looked at her and said “No,” at the same time and walked out of Trish and Amy’s room. I could tell she felt left out, but these gatherings weren’t for Trish. They were for us.

Yesterday, I saw that Amy had been crying.

“God, she was so beautiful!” I thought.

My heart reached out to her, as I felt a wave of love come over me and gave her a hug. Then Amy did several things that surprised me. First of all she did not break the hug. Secondly, she did not start hitting me and accusing me of “objectifying” her. Finally, I felt her kiss my neck. After a minute or so, she broke the hug and looked into my eyes and thanked me. “God, you are such a sweet guy! Trish would be lucky to have you!”

“She’d be lucky to have either of us,” I smiled.

I saw the look she was giving me. It was a look that said “kiss me”. Then she got a confused look, before giving me a quick hug and we sat down to continue our Trish bitch session. Still, in the back of my brain, I couldn’t help but to find the situation strange. Amy was gay. When I first met her, she hated me. Then after a month or so, she barely tolerated me for Tricia’s sake. Soon we became friends, but now what were we? We’re clearly confidants, but there’s a special affection for each other which comes streaming through. I also knew something in that moment. There have been two people on Campus that I love like family. I had loved Trish. I had loved Marcus. Now I know I love Amy. Then I had a wistful thought: I wished that Amy wasn’t gay. If not, I would have been tempted to toss my feelings for Trish aside to pursue Amy.

Trish

I had decided to stop pursuing “NFL potentials” for a while. This changed when I was introduced to Rich Kiley. Rich is probably a bit of a long shot, but he is most likely going to be the starting quarterback for Boston College. I can tell he’s crazy about me. I really like him too. He reminds me a lot of Mark (not just because he’s from Nebraska too). I think I may get a Campus job this summer like Amy and hang around.

Mark and Amy continue to blow me off a couple of times a week. I think they may be talking about me, but I don’t know. I did follow them a few times. They just sat in the snack bar drinking coffee and talking. I kind of felt bad, but when this happens, I go and hang out with Marcus and Angie. I really like Angie. She’s incredibly sweet and is really good for Marcus. I feel kind of jealous of them. They can afford to fall in love. I can’t. If I could, I would hope that it would be with my sweet knight. If only life were that simple.

Mark

The other day, I got the bad news that my friend George Simmons passed away. He and his wife own the produce stand where I always get my fresh fruit and veggies. They had both been so good to me when I first came to Sanders and we had gotten close. I called my Dad and made plans to stay on Campus for most of the summer to help Mrs. Simmons with the gardening and the stand. I got to know the Massey’s, the Simmons’ neighbors. We all pitched in and kept the stand running, until Mrs. Simmons was able to start work again.

I see little of Trish; as she always seems to be driving to Boston to see her new Boyfriend, Rich Kiley. Rich was a high school football legend in Nebraska. Everybody knew who he was. I heard he had gotten injured and redshirted last season. Now he was going to be the likely starter for BC this year. Trish still calls and occasionally we get together, but I sensed that this was the guy I would need to worry about.