The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Story of Mark and Trish

Through recollections and selected journal entries, Mark and Trish determine that his influence over her started very early in their friendship.

Author’s note: This is a “prequel” to the story The Jilliad. It can be read without the context of the main story, but some of the references may not be quite as clear. For those of you who’ve read (or are reading) that story, this will give some insight into the main character’s relationship over time. The main part of this story takes place from the characters arrival at Sanders College and ends where Book 1 of The Jilliad ends. Please be aware that there is a small spoiler in the Epilogue to the original story, so read it at your own risk.

Special thanks to darthstoat, who helped proofread the story and provided wise counsel.

Chapter 1

Freshman Year

Trish

Thank God, I’m finally here at Sanders! I’m rid of my parents and Mike Caldwell. He’s such a scumbag! Anyway, the only bad part about leaving Boston is Wendy. My little sister had been such a pain in my butt for the last couple of years, but she was so sweet when I left. She was crying! I almost cried too, but my dad would have just loved that (so I didn’t give him the satisfaction).

So far, I’m loving Sanders. My roommate Amy’s really nice. She’s from San Francisco. She’s not volunteering any info, but I sense that like me, she has family issues (she’s Chinese and she comes off like a radical feminist, so that alone makes me think that, lol). I met another freshman who will be on the Volleyball team with me. Her name is Liz. So far, most of the guys aren’t making my heart skip a beat, but since this is Freshman Orientation, most of the people on campus are freshman. I did meet a sophomore volunteer named Jason. He plays football and is cute. Not really my type, though I’ve never really had a type (I’m such a ditz). Well I know what I like. I guess I just haven’t found him yet.

Mark

I’m writing down my experiences because I’m hoping that I’ll get some insight into how I wound up in this God forsaken place. I met my roommate yesterday and he’s your typical jock. His name is Marcus and he’s from outside of Philadelphia. We have absolutely nothing in common. Well, I guess we both play hoops, but the kid is six-five and about 225 Pounds. I’m sure he was one of the stars of his team, as he’ll be playing here. The only way I made the Varsity team at my school was because I worked harder than everybody else. I guess he can’t be a dummy or he wouldn’t have gotten into Sanders. Anyway, I’m just lonely. I don’t really have anything in common with these people. Why I ever came all the way to Western New England from Nebraska only proves that I’m not as smart as I thought I was.

I will say that there are a lot of beautiful girls here. One of the sophomore volunteers named Alexis is a hottie. Like me, she’s an Econ major, so I hope to see more of her. Still, I can tell that she’s not really interested in me that way. It’s obvious that she’s into some jock, who is another sophomore volunteer. His name is Jason and he’s also an Econ major. Oh well…. I guess that’s my life story.

Trish

Well, I’ve been on campus for several weeks. I’ve finally met a guy who intrigues me. His name is Nate. He‘s a senior and the quarterback of the football team. I can tell that he’s into me (I mean, what boy wouldn’t be, right? lol ). The problem is that he’s seeing somebody else. I’m not the kind of girl who goes after another girl’s guy. He hinted that he would break up with her, if I agreed to go out with him. I thought that was kind of douchey and told him I didn’t “deal with terrorists” and walked away. Maybe if he’s unattached at some point, I may decide to go out with him. For his sake, it’s a good thing he’s cute.

Amy and I are still getting along. She’s kind of a firecracker and she’s always making me laugh. I confirmed that like me, she was having problems with her family. I think she might be gay, but she’s not shown me any indication that she likes me other than just as a friend. I really like her and I’d hate to see any awkwardness between us.

Aside from my friendship with Liz, Volleyball sucks. I like the coach, but this junior, Tessa, has been a real bitch to me. I don’t know what her problem is, but I’m trying my best to get along with her.

It seems like I picked up a stalker. Well, I guess he’s not really a stalker. Sometimes I catch his eyes looking at me (they’re nice eyes). He’s a really quiet guy in my Intro Lit class. He’s kind of cute, but I can tell that I intimidate the hell out of him. What can I say? I’m one serious bitch, lol. Well, he stopped going to class last week, so I think I really scared him off for good.

Mark

I think I’m cursed. Just as my life here was getting better, I came down with Mono, argh! Well, at least things WERE getting better. I’ve actually made some friends. As it turned out, Marcus is a great guy! He’s a hell of a lot smarter than I thought. The funny thing is, I wouldn’t have learned that if he hadn’t been such an annoying dick. He got cocky and spotted me nine points in a B-ball game to eleven. He didn’t realize that I can make jump shots from outside of twenty feet. After I hit what would have been an NBA three, he overplayed me. I managed to get by him with my weak-ass crossover to beat him. Anyway, we got to talking and I have to say he has truly become my best friend here.

I also made friends with my neighbor, Pete. He’s a Psych major. His gf, Fern is kind of cute, but she is a little too goth for my taste. Speaking of cute, I was working up the nerve to talk to this beautiful girl in my Intro Lit class. Her name is Trish. I know she’s way out of my league, but there’s something about her that’s pushing me to try to get to know her. I’ve made a friend in the class. Her name is Kelly. She’s kind of shy, but really smart and nice. Well, for the first time in a week my temperature is normal. I actually have some energy. Maybe when I get back to class, I can get some notes from Trish. It will give me a good excuse to talk to her.

Trish

It’s Homecoming weekend and I’m in hell! My family showed up and Mike Caldwell was continuing to stare at me in that creepy kind of way. It was great to see Wendy, though my parents are still a pain in my ass. Anyway, I did my best to spend as much time as I could with Wendy and ignored the rest. Wendy is such a sweet kid. She’s still rather awkward, but I’m sure she’ll grow out of it eventually. I told her by then that she would be batting the boys away. I could tell she didn’t believe me, but we had a good time together.

I can’t believe that I was seriously considering rushing a sorority. Of course Amy set me straight. While I hear that Greek parties are always fun, I have no real interest in actually participating in one of those snobbish groups. Speaking of which, Liz and I are actually going to a fraternity party tonight. I invited Amy to tag along, but she’s not interested. I have since determined that Amy is not just gay, but hates guys too (which is their loss, because she’s a little cutie pie, ha ha).

Well, just when I thought I lost my “sort of stalker”, he was back in class yesterday. Somebody told me that his name is Mark. I heard that he had Mono and missed a couple of weeks of class. I considered asking him if he was OK, but again, I think I’d scare him if I did. Still, it wasn’t so bad seeing his nice eyes looking at me again.

Mark

Well, I guess I’m back to normal. My Dad came up for a couple of days since it’s Homecoming, but he could only stay until after the game. I’ve really missed him and was kind of sad when he had to leave.

Yesterday, I saw Trish in Intro Lit, but chickened out of talking to her again. Instead, I got some of the notes I missed from Kelly (God, she is such a sweetheart, I’m almost tempted to ask her out, but I’m not sure she’s into boys). Pete, Marcus and Marcus’ teammate, Tyler, talked me into going to some dumb frat party tonight. Tyler is a senior and seems pretty nice. I don’t really want to go, but I guess I’ll meet some more people. I only have four friends right now (counting Tyler, whom I only met last week), so it wouldn’t hurt to make some more.

Trish

My God! I’ve had one of the worst nights in my life, but I’ve actually met the sweetest guy in the whole world. When I went to the Frat party, Liz and I were talking to a couple of brothers. I could tell that the guys were really into us and Liz was into the guy she was talking too, so they took off. I decided to excuse myself to see if there was anybody else I knew there, when all of a sudden the guy I was talking to grabbed me. I tried to fight him off, but soon a couple of his friends pulled me towards the back of the house where there are a few small bedrooms. I was screaming, but the music was too loud.

They pulled me into a bedroom and two of them forced me down on to the bed. One was trying to get my jeans off, while the other my tee-shirt. I was wriggling around so the guy at my jeans was having a hard time, but the other guy managed to get my shirt off of me, leaving me with only my bra between me and six animal eyes.

Then all of a sudden my prayer was answered. My hero burst into the room and tossed one of the would-be-rapists to the ground. He then threw a punch at the guy who was trying to get my jeans off and knocked him back on the bed. I quickly saw my chance to escape and I burst out of the room screaming, I ran into the arms of one of my savior’s friends who had seen him running toward the bedrooms, but not knowing why. Then they followed me back to the room. I was horrified to see my sweet Mark (that’s his name), lying on the floor, being beaten and kicked. Luckily, a couple of Mark’s friends are big guys (I think two of them play basketball) and they managed to fight them off of Mark.

When it was over, I got down on my knees to see the horror inflicted on this sweet guy. His face was swollen. He looked like a punch drunk boxer. My heart just reached out to him. I know people probably just think that this is gratitude, but I know it’s more than that. I could see how special this guy was. Not everybody would have risked himself the way that Mark did for me, but I could tell that it was more than just about being brave.

Anyway, his roommate Marcus was going to take him to the infirmary, but I insisted on coming along. I could tell he was in a lot of pain, but I sat there in the back seat of his friend Pete’s car with him, gently stroking his hair. We managed to get him in and then I insisted on waiting for him with Marcus. While Nurse Norton was seeing Mark, I talked to Marcus hoping to learn more about my brave knight. When I was done talking to Marcus, I realized that Mark was not my stalker. He was my Guardian Angel.

Mark

Well, I finally managed to get on Tricia’s radar, but it was not really the way I wanted to (though I was glad to have been there for her). I saw her being raped and I stopped the rapists with my now battered face. Trish then found Marcus, Pete and Tyler and they bailed me out. On the way to the infirmary, I looked up at my lovely, blond “Lady Trish”. She was sweetly stroking my hair. I knew there was more to her than her looks. I sensed that I was right about there being a connection between us, now I felt it pulling us closer together.

Trish

Well, it’s official. Mark and I have passed the window of opportunity to get together. He never asked me out and in a way, I’m kind of relieved. My life is so screwed up. I have no idea of what I need. I sense that Sir Mark (as I’ve started calling him) is the kind of guy that you settle down with. Because my dad is trying to force me together with “Uncle Mike”, I wouldn’t want to subject Mark to the insanity of my family. He deserves so much more.

I think I’m going to have to find someone with money. I hate the idea of being a “pre-wed” major, but that is the way my family is pushing me. It’s weird about Mark. Now that his face as healed, I remembered that he’s kind of cute, but I feel this strange connection to him that goes beyond his appearance. Maybe we’re destined to be best friends? I don’t know. All I know is that I feel more comfortable around him than with anybody else. The funny part is that Amy seems to like him (of course not in THAT way, lol). At first, I could tell that she didn’t like him (as she doesn’t seem to like any guys), but then Mark seemed to win her over with his kindness. Finally, last week, I caught her smiling at him and then she frowned when she saw me. Mark kept smiling though. Damn, he’s so sweet!

Speaking of guys, that Nate guy has asked me out again. This time he has broken up with his GF. I told him I’d think about it. I guess it wouldn’t be so bad to have a local bf for a while. I think I’ll say yes.

Mark

I found out the hard way that Trish is not romantically interested in me. She’s going out with the quarterback of the football team! The good news is I’m making more friends. I helped Tricia’s friend Liz with my rusty Bridge skills when she needed a partner to play with the chancellor and his wife to help her get a scholarship. I could tell that she was not too impressed with me at first, but we’ve become quite friendly lately.

I’m also kind of pals with Tricia’s roommate, Amy. Amy is a cutie, despite her terminally pissed off outlook. She accused me of being sexist when I first met her, but now I think she likes me in spite of herself. Neither is romantically interested in me. Amy because she’s gay and Liz because she has some taste (and I’m an acquired taste at best). Well,

I have to leave for Thanksgiving in a couple of days. It’ll be good to see my Dad and Mrs. Murchinson.I guess I don’t feel so bad about Sanders now. I still feel that I need to be with Trish, though I don’t know what will happen with us now that she has a boyfriend. She still found time to go to the movies with me, Marcus, Amy and Liz. We saw “Invincible” with Mark Wahlberg. To my chagrin, the girls began laughing and calling me “Marky Mark”. I finally became a good sport about it when Trish gave me a huge hug. She’s a beautiful woman, but she’s got some weird kind of hold over me. I’m worried that I am getting obsessed over a woman I can never have.

Trish

I brought Amy to Thanksgiving with my Grandparents in Florida. I love my Grandpa Chip. He’s completely on my side concerning this whole Uncle Mike thing. Grandma Edith has been supportive too. Poor Amy had nowhere to go, so I think she was appreciative of their efforts to make her feel at home.

I was somewhat looking forward to seeing Nate. As boyfriends go, he isn’t too bad. I’m beginning to have some doubts about him, though. I’m worried that he may be getting a little too serious. I’m going to put out tonight. That should cool his jets a little (because that is most likely why he is getting all cute and possessive). He was kind of a jerk toward Mark and I just can’t abide that (granted I hugged Mark pretty intensely and had my arm around his waist. I couldn’t help it. I can’t believe how much I missed him!). No matter Nate’s feelings, if he keeps up this possessive crap, I’ll probably have to end it. I have to face facts. Any guy I go out with is just going to have to accept Mark. I can’t explain it, but I need him in my life.

Mark

Last night was both amazing and terrible (I guess I can’t do anything one way, lol). When I got back to Sanders, I found Trish waiting for me outside my room. She gave me a huge hug; almost like we hadn’t seen each other in a year. We decided to go to dinner with Amy and Marcus. As we walked, she had her arm around my waist as Amy joined us to meet Marcus. Nate Brent saw us and began to hassle me. Trish shot him a withering stare and he backed down. Still, she relented to his invitation to eat with her; leaving me with Marcus and Amy. As he walked past me, he whispered in my ear. “Stay away from Trish!” and they walked over to his table. Amy must have heard because she shot me a weird glance. Then I watched Trish walk away and my heart ached. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I saw it was Amy.

Amy has actually been nice to me lately. I guess if you are nice enough to someone, they’ll eventually be nice back. I really have grown very fond of her and I’m glad she seems to be feeling that way about me.

Trish

Amy has told me about what Nate said to Mark. Of course Nate claimed that she had misheard him. When I confronted Mark, he said that whatever was said was between him and Nate, and that was that. I know Amy can’t stand Nate. To be honest, I’m beginning to get tired of him too. While not the worst lover I’ve been with, he’s a far cry from the best. He’s also getting more and more possessive. Well maybe the semester break will cool him down a little.

It seems that Mark has been ducking me lately. I wonder if it’s because of Nate or maybe… no I can’t imagine that he’s found somebody… I mean, he’s certainly cute enough and he’s a great guy… God, why am I so fucked up?! I was looking for Mark to say goodbye and I couldn’t find him. Marcus said that he had gone to visit some friends off campus. My flight from Bennington is leaving in a few hours, so I’m writing down my thoughts as I’m waiting for him. Oh, where is he?!!!

Mark

Well, I had to say goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. Simmons. They own the fruit stand next to campus, and are among the nicest people I’ve met since I’ve been here. When I got back to my room, I was shocked. Trish was milling around like a crazy person. When she saw me, she gave me a really needy hug. “Oh Marky, I thought I had missed you!” said Trish (Trish had shortened “Marky Mark” to “Marky”).

“I wouldn’t have left without saying goodbye,” I smiled.

Then she accused me of being absent a lot lately. I reminded her that she had a boyfriend and that I didn’t want to get in her way. Then she shocked me. “Sir Mark, your presence in my life is not only wanted, but needed. Any guy who wants me is just going to have to deal with that.”

“Lady Trish, why would you feel that way? I’m just a mere commoner…”

“You’re no mere commoner. You’re a knight of the highest order… you’re my best friend.”

I was shocked. “You know I feel the same way about you,” I said, not lying, but not really sure if I meant it.

Trish

Well, I’ve been back to school for more than a month. Nate had the nerve to break up with me, after I said no to his suggestion that we get pre-engaged last week. I guess I’m kind of relieved. I never saw anything going anywhere with him. Then I became happy when he told me that he liked Liz. I know she’s crazy about him. He told me that he was inviting a friend up from Pitt this weekend, so Nate and I set up a plan for tonight. Nate would wind up with Liz and I would hang out with Nate’s friend, Greg. In the end, everyone would get what they wanted. I’m looking forward to seeing what Greg is like, but even if I don’t like him, the important thing would be that I would be getting rid of Nate and helping Liz.

Mark

My personal life has taken a huge hit. Our friend Liz was in an accident a few weeks ago. I’m not sure what happened, but it seems she blames Trish for it. This has caused her to stop hanging out with us. Trish seems to have accepted Liz’s feelings, but I can tell she’s angry at Liz for blaming her. I refuse to let myself be stuck in the middle between them. I honestly care about Liz and I told her so. She’s still disturbed over her appearance, as she’s still recovering from the extensive plastic surgery she received.

From what I understand, Liz is now seeing Nate and he’s been surprisingly supportive. I don’t trust him though. I know from his behavior toward Trish that he’s a jealous guy, but he wasn’t acting jealous when I was visiting Liz while he was there. That makes me think that he’s not into Liz the way he was into Trish.

Speaking of Trish, she’s seeing some guy named Paul Allen. He’s a Defensive Back from Syracuse. She’s been kind of scarce lately. There’s something else going on. I can tell that something happened between her and Amy. I guess Amy and I have gotten a lot closer lately. I think that there’s something she wants to tell me, but I guess I’ll just have to wait until she’s ready.

Trish

My life has been pretty screwed up lately. My grades have been pretty bad. Liz and I are no longer friends. Amy and I had a close encounter of the sexual kind when we were both drunk. Things have been pretty weird between us. My most recent BF, Paul, is a four and a half hour drive away and had been insisting I come up all the time, so I broke up with him. The one constant in my life has been Mark. He’s always been there for me when I needed him. I think I may have come close to losing him to an English girl. Mark confessed that he had slept with her platonically when she was miserable about something. He indicated that she had offered to make it “unplatonic”, but my Marky didn’t want to take advantage of her because she had been drinking. He truly is Sir Mark, lol. I almost decided to ask him out, but then I thought about the risk of it. Between my screwed up family, my uncertainty about what I want and the chance of losing his friendship, it was a no-brainer to keep things the way they are. I know his feelings for me are real. I just don’t want to hurt him.

Mark

I just got to the airport and I’m writing to keep the strangeness of what had just happened fresh in my mind. I had kind of made up my mind to avoid calling Trish over the summer. I wasn’t mad at her. I found that I hurt too much just thinking about her and felt that being away over the summer would clear my head. I really do want to be friends with her. The problem is that I want more and I guess she just doesn’t see me that way. I made arrangements to get my stuff into storage and had the bus schedule to catch a bus to Boston, as I had a flight out of Logan. Trish had just called me, practically begging me not to leave without saying goodbye. I agreed. My heart was doing flip-flops at the prospect of getting a hug from her. She’s undoubtedly the best hugger in the world.

When she got to my room, I noticed that she had been crying. She threw her arms around me and cried. “I don’t know what I’m going to do without you!”

“I’m sure quite nicely,” I joked.

What she did next shocked me. She slapped me hard across the face.

I was numb. The next thing I noticed was Trish begging for my forgiveness and kissing my face where she slapped me. Then she went back to hugging me and crying.

Finally, I broke the clinch. “OK, Trish what’s bothering you,” I asked quietly.

Then she proceeded to blow my mind, as she unburdened some of the things that were bothering her. She told me about her feelings about her grades, Nate, Amy, Liz and Paul.

“So you see Mark. You’re the only constant in my life. You’re the only person I know for sure who loves me.”

At that, my great plan to avoid calling her over the summer went out the window. I promised to keep in touch with her over the summer. She then asked how I was getting home. The next thing I knew we were both on the bus to Boston. I knew that she was from Boston, but she had told me that she had no intention of going home for the summer. I also know that she has problems with her parents, though she hadn’t given me any details. I knew that by doing this, she would most likely have to spend some time at home. She chose spending a few extra hours with me for a few days of misery. We didn’t say much on the bus. She held my arm with hers tightly. I felt the bond between us getting stronger, as each moment passed.

When we got to Logan, Trish went as far as she could and then she gave me a fierce hug, which became quite tender and then she kissed me sweetly on the lips. Her tears were running down her cheeks, as she looked at me and said, “Goodbye my wonderful Sir Mark.” Then the words came tumbling out of my mouth. “I love you, Lady Trish,” as I turned around without looking at the effect of my words, for fear of rejection.

Trish

Despite being touched, yet worried by what Mark said when he left, I knew what I was facing. I had originally planned to get a lift to Bennington and then fly to my grandparents place. Now I knew I had to go home. I spent some time trying to figure out why I would submit myself to at least two days of torture, pressuring and general grief, just to spend a few more hours with Mark. Then I knew. I was losing him. I could feel it. When I thought “losing him”, I wasn’t concerned about losing his friendship. Somehow I knew that we would wind up together at Sanders in the fall. We would hang out with Marcus and Amy and things would be just like they were first term. What I would lose would be the closeness of our friendship. I really needed this! I’ve never had a friend like Mark. He and I just click. We make each other laugh, we share similar interests. Our personalities complement each other perfectly. Most importantly, when I’m with him, I actually LIKE myself. He makes me a better person. I couldn’t bear losing that. I had to show him how much I cared for him. Mark is my best friend and I can’t afford to lose him.

Mark

It has been a long, grueling summer. I had hoped that the hard work on the farm would make the summer fly by faster. It didn’t. The reason it didn’t was that I had a bad case of Trish on my brain. I didn’t need to worry about calling her. She called me. After that, not more than a couple of days would go by without one of us calling each other. We would text and e-mail each other all the time too. Still, for all the love I knew that Trish felt for me, I could read between the lines. She wanted me for her best friend, not her boyfriend. I had no idea why. I knew that I wasn’t a stud, but somehow I knew that wasn’t really important to her. There was something deeper. She hinted at it all the time, but when I pressed her, she refused to elaborate and I would back off. I knew that if I had a chance, I could be the perfect boyfriend for her. Somehow, I didn’t think I would get that chance. This lingering thought is making the summer a long one (and not in a good way).