The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Mamono Tales: Yuuichi’s Journey

Chapter 3: Dungeon Crawl — Part One

Katsumi fell onto her back on the makeshift sleeping bag with Yuuichi on top of her, their lips locked together. Yuuichi had a number of fresh claw marks on his back, but for the moment Katsumi had gone mostly limp as he started to kiss down her neck, then the area just above her breasts. He pulled back a bit and then thrust into her, causing her to yelp with pleasure. She dug her claws into his back and began moving her hips in time with his movements, making sure to get the most force with each penetration as he pumped in and out of her. She clenched her teeth to avoid screaming as she went into orgasm, digging her claws in even further as a result. Yuuichi came as well, which thankfully helped dull the pain. Katsumi went limp again, and Yuuichi returned to planting kisses on and around her breasts while caressing her thighs. She writhed around in pleasure, occasionally guiding him to pay attention to a specific area simply by moving her body into his path.

“I never thought having a Master would be like this,” she said in between gasps. “I thought you’d be like my private alpha, and a consistent fuck. Oh God, it would’ve been enough if that was all it was. But I... I want to do so much more for you. I’ll do whatever you want, even change who I am. I’ll become the sweetest, most submissive girl in the world if that’s what you really want me to be.”

Katsumi finally stopped moving as Yuuichi stopped assaulting her body. Instead, he pulled himself forward and kissed her on the lips.

“I like you just the way you are,” he said when they finally parted.

“I’ll make you regret saying that,” she said with a grin.

She suddenly pushed him onto his back and climbed on top of him, effectively reversing their positions. She kissed him hard, much harder than when he was on top. She slowly became more gentle, though, and eventually pulled back and looked down at him.

“I love you so much, Yuuichi,” she said.

Yuuichi didn’t move. He averted his eyes and said nothing for a few seconds before hesitantly opening his mouth.

“Katsumi, I...” he began.

Katsumi blinked back tears and smiled sweetly at him as she caressed his face.

“Don’t say it if it’s not true. I told you, you don’t have to love me back. It’s enough for me to just be here with you,” she said.

Yuuichi looked up at Katsumi for a moment, surprised at her expression. He smiled back at her.

“I know I said I didn’t want to change you, but... I’d really like to see that smile more often,” Yuuichi said.

Katsumi’s smile grew even brighter and she leaned forward to kiss Yuuichi.

“As you wish, Master,” she said.

She suddenly stopped as she noticed Junko sitting directly across from her. The golem cocked her head, silently observing the pair.

“That thing is creepy as fuck,” Katsumi said.

“That ‘thing’ can hear what you’re saying about her,” Yuuichi said.

Katsumi sat up, but since she was still sitting on Yuuichi’s chest, all he could do was lean his head farther back to try to get an upside-down look at Junko. Katsumi scowled at her.

“If you want in, then say something!” she said.

“I do not wish to interrupt,” Junko responded.

“Geez, and I thought Yuuichi was a doormat,” Katsumi said.

“You know, I think you should spend some time in her shoes. You said you’d be anything for me, didn’t you?” Yuuichi asked.

Katsumi got a look of sudden surprise on her face like she just stepped on a thumbtack. Junko moved her head back to its original position, and her eyes seemed to light up with what was almost a smile.

“That is a wonderful idea. I’m certain you would find it most... agreeable,” she said.

Katsumi looked down at Yuuichi and stared at him with her mouth open.

“You can’t be serious about this!” she shouted.

Yuuichi smirked.

“Come on, give it a try. Just for a little bit,” he said.

Katsumi looked up at Junko and swallowed nervously. Junko cocked her head to the side again, this time much more slowly and much farther than usual.

“Yes. Join me, Katsumi. Obey your Master,” she said.

“Obey... My Master...” Katsumi said.

The life slowly drained away from Katsumi’s eyes as she and Junko stared at each other. Yuuichi seemed somewhat surprised, but didn’t let it show.

“See? It’s not so bad. Now that you two have so much in common, maybe you should share a kiss,” he said.

“I will obey,” Katsumi said.

Katsumi stood up and walked towards Junko, allowing Yuuichi to sit up and watch. Junko met her halfway, and they pulled each other into a passionate kiss. Junko ran her hands along Katsumi’s back as they made out, with one of them eventually coming to rest on her butt while the other flicked at one of her ears. Katsumi took the hint and began doing the same, running her hand through Junko’s long blonde hair.

“Obey...” Junko muttered as she came up for air.

“Yes...” Katsumi responded with a muted passion.

Junko pulled their bodies closer, grinding against Katsumi’s pussy through the thin strip that passed for the golem’s “panties”. It was obvious that she was taking some initiative in their exchange, but Katsumi still believed that she could only be like Junko by obediently following Yuuichi’s orders. For his own part, Yuuichi was incredibly turned on.

“You really seem to be enjoying this, Katsumi. Why don’t you let your new friend bring you off?” he said.

Junko took the hint and slowly got down on her knees. She began licking at Katsumi’s slit, sending shudders through the wolf girl’s body. She was obviously just as skilled at pleasuring a woman as she was with a man. Katsumi began to moan slightly, and her entire body started trembling. Yuuichi nodded approvingly.

“And now... Back to normal,” he said.

“Gah, creepy as all fuck!” Katsumi shouted.

She blushed slightly, but did nothing to stop Junko’s continued ministrations. Yuuichi started laughing.

“Wow, I wasn’t expecting you to actually go through with that,” he said.

“I... I made you a promise,” Katsumi said, still distracted by Junko’s licking.

Katsumi suddenly yelped as she climaxed. Junko pulled back, having managed to get very little of Katsumi’s juices on her face. She turned to Yuuichi and actually gave him a conspiratorial smile, proving that she had indeed been teasing Katsumi on purpose.

“I am happy to be of service, Yuu-One. Do you need me to relieve your erection?” Junko asked.

“Nah, I’m good. Gosai’s probably gonna be back soon, anyway,” Yuuichi said.

“Very well,” Junko said.

Junko got up to leave, but kissed Katsumi goodbye before doing so. Katsumi blushed as she watched the golem leave the tent, and Yuuichi laughed when he saw her tail tucked between her legs. He handed her rags to her, then grabbed his own clothes and began dressing.

“Are you okay? You could’ve stopped at any time,” he said.

“It’s fine. I... guess I see what you like about her. That wasn’t the first time I kissed a girl, but I never had one go down on me like that,” Katsumi said.

“Oh? Do go on,” he said.

Katsumi blushed an ever deeper shade of red. She turned around so Yuuichi couldn’t see her face and finished dressing.

“Yukina can be... very affectionate, sometimes. But you’re not getting any more than that, you hear me!?” she said.

Yuuichi laughed and finished getting dressed. He held open the flap to his tent and bowed as Katsumi walked out. She had her arms crossed and a prideful expression on her face, already pretending that neither their tender moment nor Yuuichi and Junko’s little game had happened. Yuuichi laughed as he followed her out. Just as he predicted, Gosai was just returning to camp.

“You find what we need?” Yuuichi asked.

“Yes. There were rumors in the village that a great adventurer stopped here ten years ago and hid his treasure in the underground ruins nearby. It sounds like what we’re looking for,” Gosai said.

“Are you finally gonna tell us what we’re after?” Katsumi asked.

Yuuichi looked over at the two girls. Katsumi looked impatient, but Junko simply stood listening intently. It was obvious that she was very interested in hearing his story, but she said nothing. Yuuichi thought for a moment, then shrugged.

“Well, here’s the thing. That great adventurer was my father, and the treasure he left behind is part of a set. If we find this piece, we can verify the identity and locations of all the others, but we won’t need to hunt them down. Gosai’s already seen the one piece we need, and just needs to confirm that it’s real. But the ruins are extremely dangerous, so only a true adventurer could ever reach the treasure at the bottom. Luckily, I happen to be an extremely badass adventurer with two lovely and very strong ladies at my side, and Gosai can solve any pesky block-pushing puzzles that we might encounter,” he said.

Katsumi’s eyes lit up, and her tail began wagging excitedly behind her.

“Awesome! So what kind of treasure is it?” she asked.

“Eh... It’s more of a sentimental, family-type thing. Anyone expecting gold or jewels would be extremely disappointed, but it’s a decent reward for a proper adventurer,” Yuuichi said.

“We should get going. The ruins are still half a day’s trip from here,” Gosai said.

Yuuichi groaned.

“Man, this is the worst part of being an adventurer. I wish there was a way to pass the time that doesn’t require stopping and sending Gosai off on some errand before we can start,” he said.

“I spy, with my little eye, something that begins with a ‘W’,” Junko said.

Everyone stopped and stared at Junko. She looked back at them, then nonchalantly walked past them in the direction of the ruins. Yuuichi shrugged and followed after her.

“Is it ‘wood’?” he asked.

“Correct. I spy, with my little eye, something that begins with a ‘T’,” Junko said.

“Trees,” said Yuuichi.

“Correct. I spy, with my little eye, something that begins with an ‘L’,” she said.

* * *

The group eventually arrived just outside a small cave entrance overgrown with vegetation. If not for the traces of rubble nearby, any passing traveler would easily mistake it for any other shallow cave in the woods. The group had been quiet for the last mile or so, but upon seeing the cave, Junko spoke up.

“I spy, with my little eye, something that begins with a ‘D’,” she said.

“That’d be ‘destination’,” Yuuichi proudly stated.

Katsumi crossed her arms and gave Yuuichi an incredulous look.

“Do you guys rehearse this, or what?” she asked.

Yuuichi grinned and gave Katsumi a thumbs-up.

“Improv,” is all he said.

“Yuu-One is my Master. It is important that I study his personality, and supply him with the materials necessary to properly express himself,” Junko said.

Katsumi groaned and held up a half-clenched claw. From the look on her face, this seemed to be a sign of impatience from her.

“Don’t give me your ‘comedy duo’ crap. There’s no way a golem can get the hang of something like that so quickly,” she said.

Junko gave a slight bow.

“You are correct. I apologize. I am nothing but a mindless drone,” she said.

Junko stood up straight and stared at Katsumi impassively. Katsumi raised her eyebrow and stared back for a moment. Before long, her fur began to stand on end, and her tail stood out completely straight. Her eyebrow started twitching as she continued staring back at Junko.

“Don’t... Don’t look at me like that!” she said.

Junko slowly began to walk forward, her eyes never changing expression. Katsumi clutched the sides of her arms and began trembling, but didn’t think to back away. Junko stopped inches away from Katsumi and leaned towards her. Katsumi clenched her eyes shut, and Junko gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before pulling back.

“You are adorable,” Junko stated matter-of-factly.

Yuuichi began cracking up as Junko casually walked past her and into the cave. Without a word, Gosai went with her. Katsumi was blushing, supposedly with embarrassment, but her tail wagged behind her. When Yuuichi finally stopped laughing, he grinned at her.

“Now that’s what I call a comedy duo. Admit it, Katti, you like her,” he said.

“She’s... nice. And she makes you happy, so I’m glad to have her here,” Katsumi said. She shook her head and went back to her regular angry expression. “But don’t call me Katti! I am not ‘adorable’!”

Yuuichi reached over and ruffled her hair.

“Aww, yes you are. Who’s a good puppy? Who’s a good—”

Yuuichi was cut off when Katsumi bit his arm. He pulled back and began nursing it as Katsumi huffed and walked into the cave. Once he was certain that he wasn’t bleeding too badly, he shrugged and followed her. They walked down a long set of old stairs, only lit by a faint glow coming from the room at the bottom. Gosai and Junko were waiting just inside the room, which was very spacious but well-lit. A group of recently lit torches hung along the walls, and there was an exit deeper into the ruins on the other side, but the room itself was empty except for one thing... Eliza stood in the center of the room, glaring at Yuuichi.

“Ah, crud,” Yuuichi said.

“No way! How did she know where to find us?” Katsumi asked.

“I told her,” Gosai said.

Everyone turned to look at Gosai. He simply stared straight ahead, leaning on his staff as if deep in thought. Yuuichi’s face fell.

“Why, Gosai? You’re the one who kept me from fighting her in the first place,” Yuuichi said.

“You were acting impulsively. I wanted to keep you from doing something that you’d regret,” he said.

Eliza stepped forward and nodded respectfully to Gosai.

“I spoke with Gosai after I lost track of you outside of Alvany village. He told me some things about you, and helped me track you down to the alchemist’s tower,” she said.

“Just what kind of things did he tell you?” Yuuichi asked, glancing aside at Gosai.

Eliza turned and looked at Katsumi. Katsumi seemed uncomfortable under Eliza’s scrutiny, but said nothing.

“Please allow us some privacy,” Eliza said.

Without a word, Gosai turned and walked back up the stairs. Katsumi started to leave as well, but she stopped and turned to face Yuuichi. She seemed hesitant to say something, then suddenly held up a fist.

“You’d better kick her ass this time, Yuuichi!” she shouted.

Yuuichi just nodded at her. She didn’t seem satisfied with his response, but she left anyway. Junko followed close behind, and soon Yuuichi and Eliza were alone together. Yuuichi turned to face his opponent.

“You regret defeating her, don’t you?” Eliza asked.

Yuuichi said nothing, but his silence seemed to confirm Eliza’s suspicions.

“Gosai told me that you’re impulsive. You love to fight, and you eagerly accept any challenge, even if it isn’t made out to you in particular. When you saw your chance to test your skills against a werewolf, and the prize awaiting you if you were victorious, you didn’t give it a second thought. But once the thrill of the battle was gone, your heroic side took over.”

“I’m an adventurer, not a hero. There’s a difference,” Yuuichi said.

Eliza thought for a second, then nodded.

“You’re right. A hero has a duty to justice and virtue. For you, it’s more like a compulsion, isn’t it? When you realized that you were tearing Katsumi away from her family, you felt that you needed to make it right. You tried to return the love she gave you, regardless of whether you truly felt anything for her. You made her feel at home, as if she had always been a part of your own family,” she said.

Yuuichi stared at the ground. He gritted his teeth, obviously remembering something painful.

“Do you know about my family, too?” he asked.

“No. He didn’t say anything about that,” Eliza said.

“My father was a great adventurer. In my eyes, he was the greatest who ever lived, and I wanted to be just like him. But it wasn’t just because of the natural adoration a kid has for his father. He was always helping people, even after he settled down to raise his family, and everyone around him was so happy. In my entire life, I never knew anyone who hated him. I... I wanted to be as loved as he was. He taught me that an adventurer lives only in the world that he creates for himself, and that I could always find happiness by making the world around me a better place,” Yuuichi said.

“That can be a difficult feat, however rewarding,” Eliza said.

“I was lucky. It seems like I can make Katsumi happy, and Junko expects less than what I give her. But if you end up falling for me as well, I can’t give you—”

“Shut up!” Eliza shouted, stunning Yuuichi. “And listen!”

Eliza drew her sword and pointed it at Yuuichi, her tail swinging back and forth powerfully behind her. She narrowed her eyes at him.

“You are a kind and noble person, and a great warrior. You fear no challenger, but go against your very nature because you do not wish to spurn me. Did you think you could keep me from falling for you just by avoiding our fight? It pains me to know that you can never be mine, but I will never stop pursuing you until our duel is finished. You have nothing to fear from defeating me, and therefore no excuse to run away. Now, are you willing to fight?” she asked.

Yuuichi cast his eyes down for a moment. After a second’s thought, he drew his sword with such force that the scabbard tore off of his belt and clattered on the floor several feet away. He pretended to ignore it as he faced off against Eliza with renewed fire in his eyes.

“Hell yeah I wanna fight you!” he shouted.

“Then let us start over from the beginning. I am Eliza, of the Amphisbaena clan,” she said.

“Yuuichi Iisaki, badass adventurer,” he said.

“Want not victory!”

“Fear not defeat!”

“Let the duel begin!”

Yuuichi charged forward and swung his sword with both hands. Eliza blocked the attack with her own sword and pushed back against it, forcing Yuuichi to step back. She swung at him, just far enough that the tip of her blade would have cut across his chest, but he managed to backstep and avoid the attack altogether. Without missing a beat, he renewed his attack with one hand, attempting to catch Eliza off guard with a quick strike. She parried with relative ease and his attack glanced off her sword. She took note of his stance, which was clearly prepared for evasion, and stepped in closer. She swung her sword vertically from below, and Yuuichi had no choice but to block the full force of the blow. Fortunately, her attack lacked both the speed and strength of the previous one, and he was able to quickly shift back into a two-handed stance before he parried. They pressed against each others’ blades for a moment, then Eliza hopped back.

She smirked. Yuuichi’s bladeless sword gave him an advantage in non-fatal duels, but he had foolishly opened the battle with a full display of his strength. To him, it was probably a way to express his fighting spirit to his opponent, but it allowed her to gauge the strength of his blows compared to hers. Her experimental attacks had also confirmed the speed of his evasion, and how quickly he could move to parry her own attacks. She adjusted the grip on her sword, already planning the best way to use this knowledge against him. As long as she attacked with the right force at the right time, she could use maneuvers that would be fatal to a lesser opponent. That made it much easier to get him to react the way she wanted than using attacks he had no reason to fear anyway.

As she was analyzing her strategy, Yuuichi pressed forward. He attacked her twice with one hand, which she quickly parried, then followed up with a two-handed strike. Since her stance was disrupted by the first two attacks, she couldn’t block his follow-up with the necessary force, so she leapt out of the way. She attempted a series of counterattacks, disrupting Yuuichi’s defenses much more than her first attacks, but not enough to deliver a decisive blow. They danced around each other, their blades flashing in the torchlight as they struck at each other again and again. Somehow, Yuuichi caught her off-guard in the middle of a leaping strike and knocked her sword out of her hand. She used the momentum of his attack to push herself backwards in mid-air. She maneuvered herself to land on her hands and knees right on top of the sword, using her tail to keep Yuuichi back as she quickly spun around. In an instant she was back in an offensive position, as if the sword had never left her hands.

Yuuichi hadn’t expected Eliza to recover so quickly, and was already launching a leaping attack of his own. She parried with ease, and used all her strength to force Yuuichi back. He was forced to use one of his hands to slow himself down as he slid backwards along the ground. Eliza had him exactly where she wanted him. She charged forward with an attack that she knew he would have no choice but to evade. He could either use both hands to push himself up, leaving his sword behind, or drag his sword with him as he weakly pushed himself out of her range with one hand, leaving him completely open for another attack. To her surprise, he did neither of these things. He pushed forward with his feet, and using the hand still on the ground, sent his body into a slight spin. He just barely avoided her blade as she brought it down for a vertical slice, and he slashed upwards. The tip of his sword, the only bladed part, cut up along her shirt, cutting it open and just barely avoiding the skin underneath. He brought the sword all the way up to her neck, cutting right up through her cleavage. The bisected outfit flew open, allowing her breasts to fly free for the second time since they met.

Eliza froze and stared down at Yuuichi, who now had the tip of his sword pointed at her neck. The slightest mistake in his maneuver could have gotten one or both of them killed. Fear briefly flashed through Yuuichi’s eyes, and she realized that he understood exactly how close he came. He could easily be accused of breaking the terms of the duel, and they both knew it, but Eliza said nothing. She decided to let Yuuichi believe that she didn’t realize how reckless the move had been. He pulled his sword back, and they both returned their weapons to their sheathes.

“Impressive. Tell me, was that an actual fighting style, or were you improvising?” Eliza asked.

Yuuichi grinned and gave a thumbs up.

“Improv,” he said.

Eliza gave him a stern look. He cleared his throat and took a much more serious pose.

“I’d recommend learning a more refined technique in the future,” she said. “Your moves are unpredictable, but also unreliable. If not for your unnatural speed and focus, you wouldn’t have stood a chance against me,”

Yuuichi shrugged.

“If I took the time to learn a fighting style like that, my first choice would be something that lets me shoot laser beams out of my hands,” he said.

“You mean Spirit Arts. Fair enough,” she said.

Eliza sighed and removed her torn clothes. Yuuichi drove his sword into the ground in front of him and leaned on the hilt, trying to look cool while discreetly hiding his erection behind it. Eliza stood naked, facing away from him. She seemed to be considering something, but if it was what Yuuichi thought it was, her lack of clothing suggested she had already made the decision. She finally turned around to face him.

“I wish we could have met sooner, Yuuichi. You would make a more than ideal husband. But I will neither take you away from your lovers, nor share you with them. I only ask that you let me know the pleasure you’ve shared with them,” she said.

Yuuichi said nothing for a moment as he looked her over. Without the arm or leg guards, her clawed hands and feet were much more obvious. The green scales that covered them and the surrounding area were somewhat off-putting, but they only covered roughly half of what was covered by Katsumi’s fur. The rest of her body was shapely and beautiful, completely unlike the “biologically efficient” look that Katsumi had. She had noticeable curves, but not so much that she was distracting when she wasn’t even trying to look sexy. That is, unless you counted her breasts, which were just as full and beautiful as Yuuichi remembered. Eliza noticed that he was sizing her up, and removed the small green ribbon that she used to keep her hair in a ponytail. As her hair flowed down around her shoulders and she gave him a come-hither look (muted somewhat by her reserved expression), the soft sound of something hard hitting metal could be heard. Yuuichi looked down at the erection hidden behind his sword, and silently congratulated his penis on its excellent comedic timing.

“I’d be glad to, Eliza. Just as long as you’re alright with it,” he said.

She simply nodded as he took off his clothes and let them fall to the ground. He pushed both of their swords out of the way with his feet as he walked toward Eliza, sending them clattering against the wall. He lifted his hand to caress her cheek, which had become something of a standard for him lately. She reached underneath his outstretched arm and clutched his shoulder from behind with her claw. She seemed to understand the problems with rubbing her scales against his skin, and somehow kept it from moving at all as she pulled herself closer to him. Her flesh-covered parts, by some miracle, were able to be freely moved against his skin while the claw remained motionless on his shoulder. They held their bodies close like that for a while, then Yuuichi pulled her even closer and kissed her.

As they pulled back, Yuuichi looked longingly into her eyes. He felt the same as when he made love to Katsumi, the guilt from the ‘owed love’ tricking him into thinking he actually felt something. At least, he assumed it was a trick. He had no way of knowing what love felt like in the first place, which would just make him that much easier to fool. When Eliza saw the guilt and ‘love’ in his eyes, she pulled away. The look in her own eyes changed back to her normal, stern expression.

“I can’t look at you while we make love. It’s hard enough to know we’ll have to say goodbye, it will only be harder after seeing into each other’s souls,” she said.

She turned around and lifted her tail, presenting her backside to Yuuichi. He took the hint and pushed her up against the wall. He breasts pressed against the cold stone as Yuuichi’s body pressed her tail up against her back. He leaned forward and kissed her neck.

“You have a beautiful way of speaking, you know that? It’s very poetic,” he said.

He slowly moved back so that he could move them both into position to enter her from behind. However, the moment he pulled away, her tail slapped down on his head. He tried to hold it out of the way with one hand while pulling her hips back with the other, but it was too big to get a proper grip. It slipped out of his hand and slapped him in the face again. He tried to push it away, and Eliza growled impatiently. She knelt down and picked up her sword off the ground. When she stood back up, the tail once again slapped Yuuichi in the face, and he angrily grabbed onto it with both hands. He tightened his grip as a frustrated Eliza spun around and swung her sword through the space between them. He stood there trembling for a moment, worried that he’d just made a big mistake. He looked down and sighed with relief when he realized that he was only holding a severed tail, and his penis was safe. His expression quickly turned shocked again, and he dropped the tail.

“It’ll grow back within the week. Now quit stalling,” she said.

Eliza leaned up against the wall again. Yuuichi took a deep breath and moved back into position, ignoring the stump that thankfully seemed not to bleed at all. He returned to his intimate caresses, moving down her body and running his hands along her sides. When he got down to her hips, he pulled her away from the wall slightly, angling her so that her pussy was within his reach. He stood up and slid into her, reaching around her body and caressing her breasts as he did so. He took a moment to find where she liked to be touched most from this position, then directed his attention to sliding in and out of her while the movement caused his hands to naturally slide over her body. He did her gently, causing her to moan in pleasure, but eventually grabbed hold of her hips and began thrusting harder. He heard a scratching sound as her claws dug into the wall, and continued working into her. He quietly grunted as he finally came, and Eliza’s eyes suddenly shot open. She began trembling as an orgasm rocked through her own body. She pressed her face up against the wall as she thrust her backside out even further towards Yuuichi.

“Wh... What’s going...” she muttered before the pleasure took her voice away. She shuddered and let the feeling wash over her as both Yuuichi’s cock and her pussy continued pulsating. Eventually, her orgasm subsided, and Yuuichi pulled out of her. She turned around and leaned with her back against the wall, panting heavily. She looked up at Yuuichi and beamed at him, a look of awe on her face. She shook her head and regained her composure. Yuuichi raised an eyebrow at her, still not quite able to stand straight in the wake of his own orgasm. She seemed to be thinking of something, then looked at him with a combination of her usual stubbornness and a hint of trepidation.

“Yuuichi, I... I know I’m being selfish, but I don’t want to give you up,” she said.

Yuuichi’s face fell.

“Eliza... I told you, I can’t leave the others,” he said.

“I know that. I’ll just... have to learn to love them, if that’s what it takes to keep you in my life,” she said.

Eliza began blushing nervously, and tried to hide it under a stern expression. Yuuichi took a moment to consider the situation. He smiled at Eliza, then moved in closer. He held a hand to her cheek, which she had already learned was a good sign.

“That won’t be hard at all. They’re as easy to love as you are,” he said. He then pushed her back against the wall and began kissing her.

* * *

Outside of the ruins, Yuuichi’s companions waited patiently. Gosai sat against a tree, writing something in his tome. Junko sat right next to the entrance to the cave with her back to the rock wall, not seeming to do anything to pass the time. Katsumi was the only one who was on her feet, practicing her skills by attacking a tree covered in claw marks. When she delivered a high kick, the tree shook and several leaves fell. She wiped the sweat off her forehead.

“No way Yuuichi’s still fighting that girl. Looks like he finally decided to fuck her,” she said.

“By my estimates, he has probably reached his third orgasm by now. She has most likely reached her fifth,” Junko said.

“How do you figure that? You’ve barely known him a week,” Katsumi said.

“I have been studying the patterns of your intercourse with him, and compared them to my own experiences. Of course, I am assuming that Eliza is as sexually responsive as you are, which is unlikely to be accurate,” Junko said.

“Wait a minute, you peep on us every time!?” Katsumi shouted.

“Negative. You are quite vocal during intercourse. Usually, I simply deduce the time and intensity of your orgasm by the pitch and volume of your voice,” Junko said.

“That’s still peeping, you pervert!” Katsumi said.

Gosai sighed.

“Do you mind discussing something less explicit, and less loud?” he asked.

Katsumi’s expression immediately lightened, and she put a hand on her hip.

“Heh, what’s wrong, old man? Jealous? Just what are you writing there, anyway?” she asked.

Katsumi walked over to Gosai and yanked the tome out of his hand. Her mouth dropped open when she saw a picture of herself drawn on the page, uncolored but almost completely inked.

“Wow... I had no idea you were such a great artist. But am I really that scrawny? I should probably... Wait a second, why did you draw me shouting!?” she said.

“This is meant to be a guide for travelers that aren’t familiar with the various different types of Mamono they might encounter. I’ve been taking advantage of this excursion with Yuuichi to make sure that the research I’d done at the palace is accurate, as well as drawing reference pictures so people know what to look out for,” Gosai said.

“Really? Did you do one for Junko?” Katsumi flipped through the pages, and her face fell. “What. The. Fuck. What did you write on Junko to make her pose for you like that, you dirty old man!?”

Gosai quickly grabbed the book out of Katsumi’s hand and pulled it close to his chest.

“Nothing! I simply asked her to pose for a research schematic!” he said.

Junko cocked her head.

“It was for science,” she said.

“What was for science? Are you conducting experiments on the girls?” Yuuichi asked.

Everyone turned to see Yuuichi and Eliza stepping out of the ruins. Yuuichi was dressed as he had been, but Eliza’s shirt was stitched together down the middle with thick threads, making it look something like a vest. The stitching didn’t keep it close enough together, and a few inches of flesh could be seen all the way down to her waist, which included a rather fetching view of her cleavage. She had a large traveler’s sack slung over her shoulder, which she had likely stashed in the ruins before their fight.

“Ah, Yuuichi. Have you two finished your business?” Gosai asked.

“Yeah, Eliza will be traveling with us from now on,” he said.

Yuuichi smiled at Eliza, who blushed back at him. Katsumi pumped her fist.

“Fuck yeah! You kicked her ass and fucked her into submission! I knew you had it in you!” she shouted.

Eliza gave Katsumi a look that showed she clearly wasn’t amused.

“And I was worried it would be difficult to convince you to accept me...” she said.

“Your concerns were unfounded. Welcome to Yuu-One’s harem,” Junko said.

Eliza jumped, having not noticed Junko standing right next to her at the cave’s entrance. Junko gave a slight bow.

“What a polite construct. Thank you,” Eliza said, returning the bow.

“Hey now, it’s not a harem. We’re like a family, just a little heavy on the incest,” Yuuichi said.

“Yes, well... I’m glad to see you two have cleared things up,” Gosai said. “I have no problems with you coming with us, Eliza, although I am concerned about having another mouth to feed.”

Eliza adjusted her posture and took on a prideful expression.

“I refuse to be a burden on you or your companions. I promise to make myself useful to you. Tell me, have you people eaten recently?” she asked.

Yuuichi rubbed his stomach, looking at it with disappointment.

“Not since breakfast. I was hoping to catch something in the ruins,” he said.

“Good. Then we should probably eat this before it spoils,” Eliza said.

She slung the sack off of her shoulder and onto the ground, then pulled out the severed tail. Gosai and Katsumi stared at it in horror, but Junko simply cocked her head.

“What the fuck, Yuuichi? You weren’t supposed to mutilate her!” Katsumi shouted.

Yuuichi waved his hands around in front of him, grinning nervously.

“No, no, it’s not like that! She cut it off herself, and she says it grows back,” he said.

Eliza nodded and looked over at Yuuichi.

“That’s right. And it’s unlikely to happen again,” she said.

Yuuichi looked back at her, and saw her gazing into his eyes. Her eyes seemed to be smiling at him, so he thought it was only natural to smile back.

“Listen, I’ll eat just about anything that’s dead, but I draw the line at sharing a severed body part with its former owner,” Katsumi said.

Eliza turned away from Yuuichi and gave Katsumi a stern look.

“You don’t have to eat if you don’t want to, but I refuse to let this go to waste,” Eliza said.

At that moment, Katsumi’s stomach growled. She blushed and glanced around as everyone stared at her. She growled quietly, trying to match the sound made by her stomach.

* * *

The group sat around a fire set up in the room where Eliza and Yuuichi had fought. Eliza’s tail was impaled on a roasting spit above the fire, which she was rotating. Katsumi was standing with her arms crossed, twitching impatiently.

“Fuck this. I eat my meat raw,” she said.

Katsumi reached toward the tail, but Eliza slapped her hand.

“You can have your slice rare, if that’s what your species prefers, but I won’t stand by and let you subject yourself to food poisoning,” Eliza said.

Katsumi crouched down on the ground, wagging her tail impatiently behind her. She watched the tail rotating on the spit and growled hungrily.

“I better not get an end piece,” she muttered.

After a few more minutes, Eliza took her sword and cut off a large piece of the tail for Katsumi. She let the rest of the tail cook for a bit longer, then took it off of the fire. Katsumi was already tearing into her portion. Eliza ignored her rudeness and began carving the tail.

“Does the golem eat?” she asked.

“I do not require solid food to function. However, I am designed to give and receive sexual pleasure when I collect semen, so my creator gave me a sense of taste. I would enjoy a small sample, if possible,” Junko said.

Eliza cut the tail into four pieces, with one significantly smaller than the rest, and handed them out to the others. She sat down with her piece and crossed her legs. Suddenly, she fell backwards, almost dropping her food. She picked herself up off the ground and sat down on her knees. Yuuichi raised an eyebrow at her.

“We are eating the part of my body that helps me keep balance while sitting,” she said nonchalantly.

Yuuichi chuckled. Katsumi would have laughed harder than he did, but her mouth was full. It took all her willpower to stifle her laughter and keep from spraying bits of food everywhere. Gosai simply smiled, pretending to ignore it just like Eliza. Eliza blushed slightly, but kept her eyes closed and calmly bit into her food. The only thing that didn’t seem dignified about her position was the fact that she ate with her face, and she managed to accomplish even that in a civil manner. Gosai tore off small pieces with his hands before eating them, and Yuuichi took big, manly bites.

“Mmm... Eliza, you’re delicious,” Yuuichi said.

“Thank you. I try my hardest to keep my body in peak condition,” Eliza said.

Katsumi perked up and looked over at Eliza, then Yuuichi.

“We’re talking about the tail, right?” she asked.

Yuuichi chuckled, but didn’t answer her question. Eliza reached into her sack and pulled out a stone thermos wrapped in cloth. Inside the cloth was what appeared to be snow, packed along the outside of the stone. Gosai looked up from his food and studied the thermos from afar.

“Is that the unmelting snow from Mount Fujiyuki? I didn’t realize you’d traveled as far as Zipangu,” he said.

“I didn’t. I purchased this from a traveling merchant. It was expensive, but a healthy diet is important, and holstaurus milk spoils quickly when not kept cold,” Eliza said.

Eliza unscrewed the cap of the thermos and poured some milk into it. She quickly gulped it down, causing Yuuichi to momentarily stop eating.

“You’re drinking milk from a cow girl? That’s disgusting!” Yuuichi said.

“You’re eating my tail,” Eliza pointed out. Yuuichi looked down at the slab of meat in his hand. He shrugged and continued eating.

“I’m eating the ‘lizard’ part, not the ‘woman’ part. There’s a difference,” he said.

“A healthy diet, huh? I’m sure you just drink it to keep your figure,” Katsumi said.

Eliza looked at Katsumi and blushed.

“W-What are you talking about?” she asked.

“She’s right, you know. Studies show that women who are raised on a steady diet of holstaurus milk develop larger breasts on average,” Gosai said.

Katsumi and Eliza both looked down at their breasts. Eliza blushed even deeper, but Katsumi seemed disheartened. Eliza looked at her with pity, then poured a second helping of milk from the thermos and held it out to Katsumi. Katsumi quietly took it and began sipping it.

“Aww, poor Katsumi. You’re beautiful in your own way,” Yuuichi said.

Katsumi’s eyes brightened and her ears shot up.

“So you’re saying I don’t need to drink this?” she asked.

Yuuichi shrugged and grinned at her.

“Well, hey, I’m not gonna stop you. Gotta stay healthy, right?” he said.

Katsumi glared at Yuuichi and began growling. She suddenly gulped down the milk, then quickly handed the thermos lid back to Eliza while turning her cheek to Yuuichi. Eliza calmly took the cap and screwed it back onto the thermos.

“I can see that you people haven’t been eating well. Very well, then. From now on, I will take responsibility for preparing your meals,” Eliza said.

“Funny. I would’ve thought you’d consider cooking for us to be beneath you,” Yuuichi said.

Eliza gave him a stern look.

“Just what are you implying? Cooking is a survival skill. It’s not simply reserved for housewives doting on their husbands. Don’t forget that I also plan on teaching you proper swordsmanship,” she said.

Yuuichi sighed.

“First Mamono studies, then the ancient language, and now swordfighting? I thought I’d managed to escape the education system,” he said.

Junko stood up and bowed. Apparently, the single piece of meat she had been rolling around on her tongue for the past few minutes finally lost its flavor.

“Thank you for the meal, Eliza. I will go scout ahead,” she said.

“You’re very welcome, Junko,” Eliza said.

Junko walked down the hallway on the other side of the room. Gosai turned and faced Katsumi.

“And what about you, Katsumi? What’s your contribution to this group, aside from keeping Yuuichi away from his studies?” he asked.

“Don’t think you can guilt me into doing your work for you. I’m a moocher, and proud of it!” Katsumi said, crossing her arms.

Gosai sighed and rubbed his forehead. Junko began walking nonchalantly back into the room. A slight chattering sound could be heard from behind her.

“I believe we should run,” Junko said.

Everyone turned to look at Junko, who merely stood there. The chattering sound grew louder, and a swarm of flying creatures burst into the room from the hallway behind her. There were about eight of them, and they looked like women with bat wings in place of their arms. They had large bat-like ears and their hair covered their eyes. Their legs looked were covered in the same amount of fur as Katsumi’s, suggesting that they were more closely related to beastwomen than other winged Mamono such as harpies. They chattered amongst each other as they flitted through the room.

“I found one!” one of them shouted.

“Hold back the girls!” another said.

“What about the old man?” asked a third.

“Leave him!” said the second.

“Ah, crap... Werebats,” Yuuichi said.

Yuuichi shoved the last bit of meat into his mouth and ran to where he left his sword. One of the bats swooped down and sunk its talons into his shoulders, however, lifting him him up into the air. He gritted his teeth in pain, unable to scream due to the food in his mouth, and tried to reach up and grab the werebat’s legs. Another bat flew in front of him, and he kicked her away. The bat dropped him to the ground and landed on top of him, obviously planning to rape him as all monsters did. However, he quickly pushed himself up and slammed her head with his own, causing her to fly away screeching. Yuuichi swallowed his food and gasped for air.

“So much easier when they’re not made of stone,” he said.

Yuuichi climbed to his feet, but was suddenly abducted by another of the bats. Meanwhile, Eliza tried in vain to attack the bats with her sword. Without her tail to act as a counterweight, she was unable to swing it properly. Junko had taken a fighting stance, but the bats surrounding her always stayed just out of reach. Katsumi was the only one who was having any success fighting the creatures off. She leapt up and snatched one of them out of the air, pinning it to the ground. When another swooped in from behind, she quickly spun around and delivered a high kick to it.

Suddenly, a bright light spread through the room. The werebats began screeching and fled the room. Yuuichi was abruptly dropped to the ground. The light began to fade once the creatures were gone, and it receded back into Gosai’s staff. Yuuichi climbed to his feet and dusted himself off.

“Goddamn bats,” he muttered.

Katsumi just stared at Gosai with her mouth open. She looked over at Yuuichi, then Junko, then Eliza. None of them seemed to be very surprised.

“What the fuck? Since when can the old man do that?” she asked.

“Huh? Since always. Anyway, now that we’re all pumped up, we should probably get to clearing that dungeon,” Yuuichi said.

The others gathered their things and proceeded further into the ruins, leaving Katsumi to continue standing there and staring. Once they were gone, she shook herself out of it and ran after them.