The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Jilliad

Book 3

Mark’s Expanding Family

Chapter 6

The Biggest and Best Thanksgiving Ever Part 1

After Rich and Willow arrived, introductions were made.

“You have a couple of amazing daughters and future Son-in-law, Sharon,” smiled Rich.

“I think you two are amazing for forgiving Trish and Mark. After all, Wendy mentioned that you were serious about her sister,” said Sharon.

“There is no question that I had feelings for Trish and it hurt for a little while. But if it weren’t for Trish, Mark, Wendy and Jeff, Willow and I would not be together. That little bit of heartache was well worth the result,” smiled Rich.

“I have to agree. I wasn’t too fond of Trish for a while, but after talking to Rich, I’m grateful that she taught him what he needed in a relationship. I doubt we’d be together if it weren’t for her.”

“Well, Willow, you should know that my husband and I have become very fond of your brother. I don’t know how to explain it, but he has a kind of affable earnestness about him. He’s quiet, but friendly and interested in what you’re saying.”

“I bet you can guess who got away with everything and who got into trouble,” laughed Willow. “Actually, I hated him until he and I were in High School. He did something I’ll never forget. He stood up for me against a crowd of people who were teasing me. I thought, here am I the older sister and he’s sticking up for me. Ever since then, he has been one of my best friends.”

“Well I can tell he cares about you with the little stunt you guys are pulling on your parents,” smiled Sharon.

“Yeah, I think Jeff is having way too much fun with this,” laughed Rich.

“You think?” Willow joined in and so did Sharon.

“I hate to agree with Jeff, but my mom has been driving me crazy.”

“Yeah, Parents tend to be very good at that. I know we did that to Trish, but God, I’m so proud of the woman she’s become. I’m sure your Mom is proud of you.”

“Maybe. Still, I’ve learned that the only person I need to be proud of me is me.”

“That’s a healthy attitude to have for now. Hopefully that will change. I think we all want to feel validated by people we love. As I said, even though Phil and I made a ton of mistakes with Trish, I’d like to think that she would have sought our advice if she needed it. Anyway, I wouldn’t be surprised if your parents will learn the lesson that Mark and Trish taught us.”

Jeff and Wendy had snuck into her room and now were languidly making out after making love. “OK, that was amazing but we can’t be doing this all the time with everyone here,” said Jeff.

“I know,” she said glumly. “I figured this might be one of the few chances we’ll get,” she moaned as Jeff tweaked her right nipple and then laughed.

“Well, remember what I said earlier. I’m just happy to be with you. I never thought that I would have a girlfriend as cool as you.”

“I have been described as many things, but ‘cool’ isn’t one of them,” she laughed.

“You’re really cool to me. You are a real person. You’re sweet, smart, funny, have great taste in music...”

“Even though I like Christina?”

“Nobody’s perfect,” he laughed. “Actually you are. Lately I’ve developed a new appreciation for Ms. Aguilera.”

“I knew you were the perfect boyfriend,” she giggled.

“I still stand by my statement about you being cool. You love Miles Davis and Coltrane too.”

“I’m a trumpet player, so you know I’m gonna love Miles. I started loving John C, when I first heard him with Miles on ‘Milestones.”

“That’s my point. There so much more about you than just being a beautiful girl. Your looks are amazing, but I know I’d love you if you weighed two hundred pounds.”

“If you like, we can get started.”

“What?”

“Buy me a ton of chocolate. I think I could get close to two hundred pounds by next Thanksgiving.”

“That’s OK, I’ll just suffer at having to look at your trim body,” he laughed and she joined in, before Jeff captured her mouth and they feasted on each other’s tongues.

“Eight ball cross corner,” smiled Lauren, as she subtly nodded to the correct pocket to her left, before taking and making the shot. She then dropped the cue and jumped into Mike’s arms.

“Does she ever miss?” asked Jason.

“Only in leap year,” grinned Mike.

“This is a leap year,” laughed Josie.

“I didn’t say how frequently she misses. She’s already had her one miss for the year last week,” laughed Mike.

“Hey, I miss like anybody. Jason, you’re a damn good player, yourself. Josie’s good too,” said Lauren

“Mark, you and Trish are up,” said Jason.

“Nah, My ego is bruised beyond recognition. Besides, we need to catch up with the others,” said Mark, as he had an urge to make love to Sonia.

“Hey everyone!” grinned Wendy as she walked into the game room with Jeff, Willow and Rich. She then proceeded to make the rounds with hugs as everyone greeted the newcomers.

“Hey you,” smiled Mike as he melted into a Wendy embrace.

“Hey sis, Trish and I are turning in.” said Mark from his clinch.

“Into nymphomaniacs,” whispered Wendy.

“You should talk,” laughed Trish, as she joined the hug. Wendy blushed.“That’s OK Wendy-Bird. You’re not a nympho if you’re in love.

“Goodnight everybody,” said Mark, as he and Trish exited to a chorus of goodnights.

“Rich, do you and Willow want next?” asked Mike.

“I’m still trying to get over this game room. It’s bigger than the one at BC,” said Rich.

“Ten arcade machines, five pinball machines, three pool tables, ping-pong...” Willow spoke mesmerized by the scene, as she took inventory out loud.

“There are even more machines in the back room,” grinned Wendy.

“Phil and Sharon like their toys,” said Mike.

“That’s for sure,” said Wendy.

“Do they have ‘air hockey’?” asked Rich.

“But of course,” said Wendy, as she led them around the corner to the machine.

“It’s been a while since I’ve pasted you in air-hockey,” laughed Willow.

“That’s true. I guess I’ve won the last eleven. But who’s keeping count?” laughed Rich.

“Apparently you are,” laughed Jeff who was following the group.

“My hero,” smiled Willow, as she hugged her brother.

“Oh, ‘Chelle, that feels so good!” moaned Marie, as the talented redhead nibbled on her clitoris.

Michelle was loving life. She was in love with an amazing man and a wonderful woman. They loved her equally as well. Her daughter was happy and had forgiven her, as had her mother. She had made many friends and felt she was living a fulfilled life.

Now she was enjoying her loving and tasty Marie. Bill and Phil Winthrop were hanging out drinking scotch. So she and Marie decided to have some alone time. All of a sudden, she felt her hips being moved and a hard cock was rubbing along her pussy lips.

“So I see you decided to join us,” moaned Marie, as Michelle felt her empty, though moistened cunny being filled by her male spouse’s cock. She moaned her appreciation into her female spouses’ pussy.

“I couldn’t let you two have all the fun,” moaned Bill, as he felt Michelle’s well trained vaginal muscles clamp around his cock.

Michelle was in Nirvana. This is what she lived for. For the first time she was proud of being one of the top MILF whores over the last five years in Reno. It allowed her to hone her craft, to be great lover for her Bill and Marie. For the first time, she was glad that she could fuck like a champ. The difference was that she was using her great skills in such a way that she was actually feeling real pleasure from what she was doing. While in Reno, all of her johns wore condoms. She also knew in a few minutes, Bill’s uncovered cock would be filling her with his seed. She loved feeling his essence being fired into her.

Soon, Bill began to thrust into Michelle with long and deep strokes. At one particular deep penetration, Michelle moaned into Marie’s pussy. This created a delicious vibration which put Marie on the brink of climax. Marie, Ellen and Jill were holding on the best they could. Even Jill’s magic could not forestall the inevitable. As a creature of passion, she thrived on sex, but her new romantic feelings overwhelmed her ability to control the Marie host’s passion. The wonderful byproduct of this lack of control was that the orgasms that she experienced in either Marie or Michelle’s bodies were no longer only fifty percent of the host’s. By giving up control and surrendering herself to her lust and newfound love, she would feel every delicious feeling of passion of the mind-blowing orgasm she was about to have.

When Michelle’s body began to succumb to the pounding Bill was giving her, Marie’s responded to the onslaught of wild licking and moaning she was getting from Michelle. Marie, Ellen and Jill’s shared body fired in a powerful climax, just as Bill pumped Michelle’s body full of his scalding load. Michelle hung on for dear life, as her body rode through her powerful orgasm.

When it was over, Bill pulled Michelle into a languid French kiss, as he tasted his beloved Marie, on Michelle’s mouth and tongue. Marie then joined in, as the three lovers began to kiss and stroke their bodies. Soon, their passions flared again as Marie and Michelle switched place. Marie felt overjoyed when she felt Bill enter her.

In the morning when Mark awoke, he noticed that his cock was still buried in Sonia and it was rock hard. There were a sea of bodies on the giant floor bed, which was composed of comforters, bed spreads, sleeping bags and blankets, that covered about a dozen foam pads that Phil had purchased for the occasion. Mark sensed that Trish was behind him. “Buenos Dias, Caro,” smiled Sonia, as she gazed lovingly into Mark’s eyes as she grabbed his waist and started pumping him.

“Cara, you must be sore...” started Mark.

“No, baby. I feel wonderful. Before last night, it had almost been a week since I’ve had you. Now I fully plan to take advantage of the situation,” she grinned before leaning into Mark to kiss him, as he took over.

“You’re so shameless, Coach,” laughed Trish as she began to stroke Mark’s back lovingly.

All Sonia was capable of doing was moaning her agreement into Mark’s mouth.

About five minutes later Mark flooded Sonia’s pussy for the second time in seven hours. Sonia felt like a woman. While she still considered herself mostly gay, the thought of the man whose baby she was carrying pouring more of his seed into her was something primal. Yes, Sonia was gay, but for Mark she would always be straight. When it was over, Sonia felt herself being pulled into Tessa’s arms, as her long-time lover, began to passionately kiss her. Likewise, Trish rolled over Mark’s body into Sonia’s place and began to make out with her fiancée. “I need my morning time, too,” she grinned as she guided his hard and slick cock into her wet pussy. She sighed contently when Mark rolled on top of her and he began to slowly make love to her. She moaned into his mouth when he lowered his head to give her a long and deep kiss.

After everyone was up, they gathered for a big brunch in the formal dining room. Normally, the Winthrop’s ate in a servant’s chamber which had been converted into a smaller dining room. The formal dining room at the Winthrop Compound was practically never used because it was huge. Trish and Wendy’s Great, Great Grandfather built the place just before the Great Depression. As a retired U.S ambassador, he kept up his role in an unofficial capacity. He held many state dinners there. Over the years, many dignitaries, congressmen, senators, governors and even four U.S. Presidents: William Howard Taft (while Chief Justice of the Supreme Court), Calvin Coolidge (after retired), FDR (as a sitting US President) and JFK (as a child, along with his father and three brothers ) had visited the Winthops.

As the huge table could sit well in excess of thirty people, the dining room was only used at large dinner parties or occasions. The twenty-five people that were present made using it a necessity.

As there were no servants, Sharon, Lauren, Marie, Elsie, Michelle, Sonia, Alexis and Karen used the huge kitchen to prepare the meal. Then Mark, Trish, Wendy, Jeff, Amy and Monique served everyone.

After that, everyone else cleared the table and helped with the clean up.

Sharon smiled as she saw Phil and Bill washing the fragile dishes, while Rich, Willow and Mike were loading the rest into the dishwashers. Sharon had always wanted a big family and now it seemed like she had found a wonderful new extended family. Her own family had been so dysfunctional, she had yearned for love. Because she had felt so disconnected from her parents, she was ecstatic that it appeared that Lauren was her late sister Charlotte’s baby. This grounded her to her past in a way which had normally brought her a lot of joy. Still looking at Lauren right now was hard. At the moment, all it seemed to remind her of was her parents, her parents who considered her dead.

She felt an arm drape on her shoulder and she looked up into Tricia’s smiling face. She couldn’t help it. She started to cry as she melted into her daughter’s embrace. Trish then led her into the parlor to talk.

After talking to her mother Trish pulled Mark aside. “Is Sharon OK?” asked Mark.

“Grandma Lund never called her back when she wanted to let her know about Lauren. I think she’ll be OK, but she will probably be a bit blue for a little while.”

Mark was frustrated. He was beginning to love Sharon like his own mother and he hated to see her sad. “This shouldn’t be happening. There must be something we can do.”

“I can only think of one thing,” said Trish.

At noon, Willow got a call from her parents saying that they were close, so Jeff, Willow, Wendy and Rich waited for them in front of the house.

Ben and Reyna Meyer were blown away by the size of the Winthrop family compound. They followed the road past two smaller structures until they saw four people waiting for them in front of the house. Two of them were their children.

When they parked the car, they saw the four walk over. Jeff had his arm around a really tall guy. Willow was doing the same to a young, breathtaking blond.

Ben and Reyna were all smiles as they got out of the car to greet their children and their companions. “Hello, you must be Wendy and Richard. We’ve heard so much about you two from Willow and Jeff,” smiled Reyna uncomfortably.

“I’m glad to finally meet you,” smiled Wendy, as she shook hands with the Meyer’s.

“Me too,” grinned Rich as he did the same.

Jeff winked at Willow and she found it almost impossible not to laugh. She did manage to hold it together, as her parents squirming was delicious.

“Mr. and Mrs. Meyer, Wendy and I have a few things to say about your children,” said Rich.

“We both agree that they are two of the kindest and loving people we know. You both should be very proud of that,” said Wendy.

“We are.” said Ben.

“They both have become very important people in our lives,” said Rich.

“We also both agree that the Meyer sibling we each love is the most amazing person we’ve ever known,” stated Wendy.

Ben and Reyna looked at each other with a smile of resignation and then back at their children. “All we want is for our children to be happy,” said Reyna.

“If you make them happy, that is enough for us,” said Ben.

“Oh, they do make us happy,” smiled Jeff, as he walked over to Wendy.

“Very!” agreed Willow as she crossed in front of her brother toward Rich. Both Meyer children then grabbed their true love and kissed them passionately.

Ben and Reyna’s jaws dropped as they saw their children switch partners right in front of them. “You two didn’t!” laughed Ben.

Reyna did not see the same kind of amusement that her husband did and she stormed off.

After the kisses were broken, Wendy started after Reyna Meyer.

Jeff looked at his dad “You two kind of asked for it; especially Mom,” said Jeff.

“It was kind of mean,” said Ben evenly.

“So was what Mom did to Will. She pushed and pushed and pushed for her to find someone. She had found that person, but she was too shy and didn’t feel attractive or good enough to be with him.”

“Did we really do that to you, honey?” asked Ben.

Willow nodded shyly.

“I take it that this was one of Jeff’s schemes,” smiled Ben.

“Who else?” laughed Jeff.

“See, you never get mad at him,” complained Willow.

“This one of those rare times that I think we got what we deserved, honey,” said Ben as he opened his arms and Willow pulled away from Rich to hug her father. “Princess, you know I’ve always thought you were gorgeous and I know I’ve told you that.”

“But you’re my dad. That doesn’t count,” said Willow.

“He was right Will. Remember, I always thought you were beautiful " smiled Rich. “Mr. Meyer, I never knew how Will felt but she has been one my dearest friends. It took a while, but I finally realized we were destined to be more than friends.”

“So she really is engaged?” asked Ben.

“To the luckiest guy in the whole world,” grinned Rich, as Willow leapt into Rich’s arms.

“What about you, smart guy?” Ben laughed at his son.

“Wendy is only seventeen, but she is so amazing and mature beyond her years, don’t be surprised if we get engaged in the near future.”

“She’s certainly a stunning girl, " said Ben.

“Just wait until you get to know her. She’s an amazing girl,” said Willow.

Jeff laughed as he looked off in the distance, as he saw his mother walking back to the group with Wendy. “Looks like Mom just found out how amazing my Wendy is,” laughed Jeff.

“Wow! Is she laughing?” asked Willow.

“I believe she is,” said a bemused Ben.

“Wendy has that effect on people,” said Rich.

“Rich, are you the same Rich that Willow has been talking about since freshman year,” asked Ben, thinking that Rich looked familiar.

“I am, unless there was another one I didn’t know about,” laughed Rich.

“No, you are the one and only,” she smiled.

“Don’t you play sports?”

“I play football,” said Rich modestly, causing the Meyer siblings to snicker.”

“Willow, you mean your best friend Rich, who is now your fiancée, is the Boston College Eagles quarterback,” said Ben having made the connection.

“Maybe that’s what he is to you. To me, he’s my silly boy, who almost walked into the girls room on the day I met him.”

“I take offense. I’m not your ‘silly boy’. I’m your ‘dumbass’,” he laughed.

“You are the love of my life,” smiled Willow.

“That too. I can multi-task,” said Rich causing them to laugh.

Ben didn’t know what to say. Not only did Willow do what her mother wanted by finding a guy, but she found a soon-to-be multi-millionaire, who loved her with the same passion that she loved him.

As Wendy and Reyna approached, the older woman ran to her daughter and hugged her and apologized. Then she hugged Wendy. “Wendy, thank you for listening to me rant and for helping me find some perspective,” she smiled. “Jeff, this little ray of sunshine must stay. I don’t know how you are going to make it happen but do it.”

“Mrs. Meyer...” started Wendy.

“Reyna,” she corrected.

“Reyna, I’m not going anywhere,” grinned Wendy, as she plastered herself to Jeff.

“Mom and Dad, I know we have to bide our time for a few years, but she’s the one,” said Jeff emphatically.

Ben looked at his children and the people they loved. They had never looked so happy in their whole lives. His lovely wife was all smiles. He turned to his son. “I can tell,” he smiled.

That afternoon two groups were making long car trips. One of these trips was planned and welcomed. The other was potentially a fool’s errand, fraught with potential heartbreak. There was a third possible trip for just one person and she completely rejected it out of hand.

At 1 PM, Jason drove Josie and Michelle up to St. Johnsbury Vermont to bring Elise Bergeron to Concord. This would be about a two and a half hour trip to get there.

The other trip involved Mark driving Trish, Wendy, Jeff, Mike and Lauren to Schenectady New York. Also about two and a half hours or so.

The last trip never happened. Amber’s cell phone rang. “Hey baby, we have some great news!” said Claud Portnoy’s voice.

“What Dad?” asked Amber.

“Your mother finally won one of those fool sweepstakes she’s always entering. It is a five day trip to Atlantic City for four! Me, your mother and Tammy are already here. So put your fanny on a bus baby and meet us at the Beachfront Hotel!”

“Sorry Dad, I’d love to, but you remember I have plans with friends.”

“So break them. They’ll understand.”

“We are already at their parents house. It would be rude to leave. Besides, I’m not even sure how to get to a bus.”

“So. Use your assets to get a ride. It worked for your mother,” he laughed, and then groaned as she was sure that her mother had elbowed him in the gut.

Her father could be an embarrassing jerk sometimes. “Sorry, Daddy. Y’all have fun,” she shook her head as she disconnected the call.

Phil and Sharon were a little surprised that Mark reported that he was taking a group on a mysterious expedition, but Sharon still had plenty of hands to help in the kitchen. They had left about the same time as the Vermont group and arrived at their destination at the same time.

Lorna and Hans Lund were watching television when their doorbell rang. When Hans opened the door, he saw two young men being flanked by two beautiful blond haired blue eyed girls who almost looked like they were twins. “Yes, how can I help you?”

“Hello Mr. Lund. My name is Mark Samuels,” he said as he offered his hand to Hans, who shook it. “We have come a long way, we hope if we may trouble you and your wife for a few minutes to asks you some questions.”

Hans looked at the young man and his companions. While he didn’t have his glasses on, the young ladies seemed somewhat familiar. The young man seemed like he was a kind and honest person. He and Lorna seldom had visitors these days and these young people were about the same age as his grandchildren he never met. He was heartbroken that he never met Patricia and Wendy, but his wife’s mental and now physical health depended on keeping away from the people that they love.

“Certainly, young man. Please wait in the foyer while I let my wife know you are here.”

A few moments later, Hans guided the group of young people into the room. “Come in, Come in,” smiled Lorna Lund, as she continued to sit, but her body language and smile seemed to indicate that she would hug them all if she could. “Are you nice young people from the church?”

“No,” said Trish, as she walked over to the sofa and sat down next to the woman.

Lorna’s recognition kicked in when she got a good glimpse of Tricia’s face. Then Lorna’s expression changed from welcoming to fearful in seconds. “No! Please go!”

“Grandpa!” cried Wendy, as she couldn’t hold back any longer and rushed to him and threw her arms around Hans. While he wasn’t wearing his glasses, the voice and inflection were unmistakable. They were close to his daughter’s: His Sharon. He began to weep as he melted into Wendy’s loving hug.

Trish took the old woman’s hands in hers, as Lorna tried to turn away. “Grandma, I’m Patricia and this is my fiancée, Mark.”

“No!” cried the old woman again.

Mark knelt down and cupped her chin with his palm and softly said “Lorna.”

Lorna opened her tearstained eyes. While she became a little calmer, she was still visibly upset. “Please, leave,” she cried plaintively.

Even as she said these words, the fight in them was pretty well gone. She felt a strange calmness come over her body.

Mark had never successfully entered a person without intimate contact, but he was certain he could. He had almost done it with Rondell with a handshake, when Mark and Jeff tried to persuade him to come forward to defend Josie. As he showed up at the hearing, he wasn’t sure if it was his influence. Still, Fern believed it required only a little more concentration and figured once that he had gotten the hang of it, that it would become second nature to him.

Mark concentrated. He slowly began to penetrate Lorna’s mind. A few moments later, he was in. What he discovered shocked and saddened him. Under a thin veneer of calm and affability, Lorna’s mind was a seething and churning cauldron of guilt, sorrow, anger and self-loathing. This extremely loathsome mass of negativity was suffocating the truly loving Lorna; choking the woman she had been.

Mark navigated through this mess and began to try to adjust emotional levels, but found it hard to get any traction. With some great effort, he was able to deaden the sorrow and anger somewhat, but the other emotions had taken root in her mind. His lack of intimate contact was making it hard to operate her controls, but at least they would be able to talk.

“Why are you here?” she asked Trish.

“Grandma, we are here to take you and Grandpa to Thanksgiving.”

“That’s impossible. Your mother and father are dead to us.”

“But we’re not my mother and father. We are your flesh and blood grandchildren. We should not be punished for the acts of our parents,” said Trish, as Lorna moaned in guilt ridden agony.

Mark noticed that Wendy and Jeff had walked off with Hans.

“Lorna, I know I am not part of the family yet, but please open your heart. I have lost so much in my life because people had become so intractable, that they lost sight of what matters,” said Mark.

“We know how heartbroken you still are about Aunt Charlotte and my Mom leaving, but you have missed out on so much. My Mom is NOT dead. She’s running roughshod over a huge Thanksgiving meal.”

“That does sound like Sharon,” sighed Lorna.

Mark took another trip inside of Lorna and saw that his changes were not only holding, but the anger and sorrow were actually reducing. This time, with some effort, he managed to lower all of her negative emotions.

Lorna felt an even stronger calm come over her. It was almost like she was having an out-of-body experience. She listened to the words these two young people were saying, but was having problems emotionally processing them.

“My point is that while you missed so much, there is so much left. My Mom told me how much it hurt her that you cut her out of your life. It was as if you didn’t love her.”

“Of course I loved... I love your mother.”

“Then why can’t you and Grandpa be a part of her life?”

“Because she left us.”

“Like Charlotte,” said Mark.

All of a sudden Lorna’s sorrow poured back into her body. It ripped through her remorselessly. She collapsed in Tricia’s arms and wailed in agony.

After a couple of minutes, Mark went back and slowly reduced Lorna’s sorrow.

Lorna was reliving the shocking news that her daughter was dead. Her mind saw a pattern between Charlotte leaving and her dying. She subconsciously applied the same pattern with Sharon. When Sharon left, she became dead to Lorna, at least emotionally. Lorna’s heartbreak at Charlotte’s loss was too much to accept Sharon leaving.

“Patricia was right,” Lorna told herself. “They hadn’t done anything wrong, yet she and Hans were inadvertently punishing them by keeping out of their lives.”

“You must hate us,” said Lorna quietly.

“If we hated you, we wouldn’t be here,” smiled Trish, gently caressing her grandmother’s arm.

“Lorna, for all her happiness, Sharon misses you and Hans terribly. You are all mourning each other quite unnecessarily. Sharon is not Charlotte. She has a wonderful life with Phil and the rest of us, but your absence in her life is a void that none of the rest of us can fill,” said Mark.

Lorna was not in great health and she could feel this latest shock was affecting her more than she cared to admit. Still, she knew what she had to do. “Do you really want us to come?”

“Yes, Grandma,” Trish beamed at her before giving her a gentle hug.

Then Lorna saw her husband. He was sobbing. The last time she had seen her husband cry was more than twenty years ago when Sharon left. “Isn’t it wonderful that we have two amazing grandchildren,” she beamed through her tear streaked eyes.

“Dearest, we don’t have two amazing grandchildren. We have three!” cried Hans.

Lorna saw another tall, blond-haired woman walk into the room and Lorna gasped, as her heart was in her throat. This woman looked to be in her late twenties and she looked similar to her grandchildren, but she didn’t look quite as much like Sharon as she did like... Charlotte. As the young woman who introduced herself as Lauren hugged her, her tears began anew.

By the time the Schenectady expedition returned it was almost seven. Sharon saw Trish walk in and hugged her. “I’m not sure where you were off gallivanting to, but you missed supper. I did manage to save you all some.”

“Turn around, Mom.” smiled Trish.

Sharon turned and her eyes got wide before, they started to fill with tears. Then she almost staggered to get to her parents.

After Mark had finished eating, he was approached by a small delegation of worried people, led by Bill, Phil and Joe. “Son, something strange and worrying is going on,” said Bill, as he and Marie each had an arm around Michelle in a comforting manner.

“What’s up, Dad?” asked Mark.

“Mrs. Murtchinson called me today from Fairly. A week ago, Michelle changed her mailing address to Fairly. This morning, a manila envelope arrived marked ‘Urgent: Please open immediately!’ Mrs. Murtchinson opened it with me on the phone. The envelope contained $7,500 and a job offer. She could get another $7,500 if she “took a job” in Las Vegas.”

“Since my old line of work is not legal in Las Vegas, it would seem that it was a somewhat risky proposition,” said Michelle.

“I thought it was legal in Las Vegas,” said Mark.

“No. It is in Storey County, just outside Reno where I lived, but Las Vegas is in a different county where it is illegal. Many times, if handled discreetly, the law doesn’t look too closely, but you can still get arrested for being a ‘working girl’.”

“It smells like a set up,” said Joe. “They would get you in Las Vegas with the money and put you in a compromising situation. Blackmail is a common tool to get people to do what they want.”

“My Mom ‘won’ an all-expenses paid vacation to Las Vegas. She was to stay at the same hotel I was supposed to report to. That can’t be a coincidence,” stated Michelle. “Anyway, it seemed too good to be true; especially since the offer was void unless used immediately. She tossed it, as she was planning on coming here.”

“According to Amber, the Portnoy’s won an all-expenses paid trip to Atlantic City, but they’re already there,” said Phil.

“I called and left a message with my ex, but since I don’t have his cell, Pierre may have gotten the same treatment,” said Michelle.

Mark was troubled. It seemed that Amber and Josie’s families had been systematically targeted. It was fairly obvious who was responsible and why.