The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Previously in “The Jiliad”:

Tricia’s ex, Rich Kiley is introduced. It turns out that Rich is Jeff’s sister, Willow’s best friend. It is also apparent that they both have deeper feelings for each other. After the gang make the connection between Rich and Willow, Jeff and Wendy convince everyone that he should ask Willow and Rich to give Wendy a ride to Sanders this weekend for the Halloween party at Elsie’s. Willow and Jeff had already made the connection, but despite this, Wendy’s winning personality and Jeff’s good nature inspired Rich to agree to bring Wendy. Wendy tells Rich that Trish needs to help Rich move on with his life. He then also hints that Willow may be interested in him. Wendy tells Rich about the hot picture of Willow at the senior cocktail party. Willow adamantly refuses to show him the picture, but Jeff sends it to him via his cell. Rich is bewitched and then admits that he had always found Willow to be beautiful. After the call is disconnected, Wendy and Jeff give the happy news, but Wendy does not believe that Rich and Willow are together yet. She senses that the problem was with Willow.

The Jilliad

Book 2

After the Necklace

Chapter 20 The Trip Home and Obstacles Abound

Mark decided to have Monique stay with him that night in his dorm room. When she came over, he surprised her because he had his TV on and was intently watching. When she saw what he watching, she wasn’t surprised.

“I can name that episode in 5 seconds,” laughed Monique.

“Go ahead,” he laughed.

“’Midnight Sun’ from Season 3,” she said smugly.

“You know your Twilight Zone,” laughed Mark.

“Can’t miss Lois Nettleton,” said Monique, as she laid herself down next to Mark, put his arm around her shoulder and they watched together. “Do you have Time Enough at Last? It’s my favorite.”

“But of course. It’s a classic. While I think it’s a great episode, I still prefer ‘Obsolete Man’ for a Burgess Meredith episode.”

“I like that one too, but the irony at the end of TEAL is exquisite,” offered Monique.

“True, but so was OM.”

“I’ll give you that.”

“Are we going to lie around and have an erudite conversation about the Twilight Zone or are we going to fuck?” asked Mark.

“There’s no reason why we can’t do both,” laughed Monique as she began to take off her clothes.

Mark suddenly became distracted from the climactic scene from the episode, and practically ripped off his clothes. Monique was about to ask Mark a Twilight Zone trivia question, when Mark tackled her onto the bed and silenced her with a kiss. Monique moaned in protest for a brief second, but soon was moaning in passion into his mouth. Mark did not waste much time with foreplay. it had been a while since they had been alone together and he wasn’t going to squander it on trivia. He quickly buried his cock into her soppy pussy and she groaned her approval.

Monique was so turned on, she barely could think straight. She eager thrust her body upward to meet his downward thrusts. Her brain was on fire, as her lust consumed the rest of her, as she felt Mark pick up his pace. The Monique of a month ago would not have been able to fathom the wanton display she was currently engaging. The Jiliad had turned Monique into a sexual being. She craved sex with her mates, in particular Trish, Amy and of course Mark. She felt her orgasm coming on as she felt Mark’s breath begin to get ragged. “Yes, baby! I’m almost there!” she cried. For pure passion, nobody got to Mark like Monique. He thought of the second time they had made love when she pulled him into her room, with an aggressiveness he could not believe. Now she was driving her torso up as her climax was approaching. He continued to pound her with a fury so they would cum at the same time. He felt his semen begin to boil over as it exploded out of his cock.

Monique felt Mark’s hot seed begin to flood her burning pussy, which in turn brought on her own orgasm. She screamed out Mark’s name and her body flailed around, underneath her climaxing partner. Mark’s frame collapsed on top of Monique, as she slowly came down from her mind searing orgasm.

At Hill Hall, since the cat was out of the bag concerning Mark and his lovers, Wendy was OK with Amy sleeping in the same bed with Trish as long as they behaved themselves when she got back to the room. In the meantime she decided not to waste a waking moment of her time left at Sanders without Jeff, as they hung out together in the lounge.

“So what do you want out of life?” asked Wendy.

“This,” as he leaned over and initiated his first kiss on the lips with Wendy. It was like all the kisses he received from her so far, sweet and innocent, but Jeff loved it, as did Wendy.

When Wendy broke the kiss she smiled and said, “Not very ambitious, are you?” she laughed.

“I’m not worried about my future prospects. I’ll probably go right into grad school after I graduate. I’m thinking MBA or Public Policy.”

“Then what?”

“Don’t know, a lot depends on which direction I go. If MBA, I’ll jump into the business world. If Public Policy, I will either work in government or the not-for-profit sector.”

“That sounds impressive,” smiled Wendy.

“That’s nothing. Do you know what I really aspire to?”

“What?”

“This,” as he leaned over and kissed Wendy again.

“I could get use to ‘this’,” she smiled.

“I was hoping that you would say that.”

Amy and Trish were lying in Tricia’s bed. They had already each orgasmed once. Now they were cuddling while stoking themselves for another go.

“I can’t believe I was pining after you just three weeks ago,” sighed Amy, as she continued to nuzzle the taller girl’s neck.

“Well, like Mark, you got your dream girl too,” she laughed as she stroked Amy’s right breast lovingly.

“I have a harem of dream girls and a dream guy too.”

“I know, I feel the same way. I think this is actually one of those rare times in life where the reality is actually better than the fantasy.” sighed Trish.

“Mmm hmm,” sighed Amy as she began to kiss Trish down her lovely body, as Trish had just done to her before.

Trish shivered at her lover’s touch as she gently caressed Amy’s hair. She was beginning to heat up as Amy began to nibble at her right nipple. When Trish first realized that she had fallen in love with other women, she had some problems being able to reconcile her own sense of sexuality. Eventually, she just gave up and put all of her lovers into a specific category. She also understood that she never would feel any real attraction for other people except those in the group. As Amy reached just below Tricia’s perfect inny belly button, Trish shuddered in lust. Her pussy was already beginning to leak and Amy quickly put her mouth on Tricia’s privates and began to lick. Trish moaned as she continued to gently stroke her lover’s hair. As Amy’s assault on her senses intensified, Trish began to thrash her torso around giving Amy a ride in the process. Still Amy’s strong arms managed to hold on, as Tricia’s climax began to approach. “Oh…Aim…So… good I love… you!” she moaned as her orgasm began to claim her.

After a minute Trish guided Amy’s head to hers and they kissed deeply, as Amy’s tongue explored Tricia’s mouth. Trish thought about all those nights that they were in the same room with each other as platonic friends. While she felt no remorse for all the lost opportunities to explore her lovely roommate’s body, Trish felt a pang of regret for turning Amy down after their little make out session sophomore year. Then Trish realized that she had changed. She was in love with Amy now and she decided to show her how much as she began to repeat the process Amy had just used on her, on her loving roommate.

Back in Mark’s room, four Twilight Zone episodes had played, but went unobserved. After their explosive first time, they had tried to do Twilight Zone Trivia while fucking, but finally both had to admit that it was stimulating their minds more than their bodies. Mark and Monique had already orgasmed several times. In this current iteration, Monique was riding Mark, cowgirl. Mark gazed at her beautiful breasts that seemed to be floating in the air. As he began to knead them, Monique moaned in pleasure.

Now Monique was looking down at her Mark. While she shared him with many women, she knew that she had her own special relationship with him. She also knew that she was his first ‘mate’, which gave her a sense of pride. She loved having sex with her other mates, but sex with Mark was special and not just because of his apparatus. When she and Mark fucked there was something primal from deep inside her. It was if she could let all the energy from the frustrations of her life out, while sucking back into her all of Mark’s love. She reveled in the feeling of Mark inside her, as her passion soon overwhelmed her. Her climax came upon her quickly, as she ratcheted up her tempo to push Mark over the ledge too.

Mark loved to fuck Monique for some of the same reasons she like it too. Their lovemaking was usually quite strenuous and in its own way challenging. It was as if they were competing with each other, pushing their bodies to the extreme to be better for each other. Usually the result of this contest was a tie. This time it was not different as his ebony beauty rode them both to an overwhelming orgasm.

The next morning Wendy opened her eyes and looked over at Tricia’s bed. Amy’s head was resting lovingly on her sister’s shoulder. Wendy thought about love. She kept telling herself she wasn’t ready for a boyfriend, let alone a serious boyfriend. The problem was that Wendy, while fun loving, was a serious person at heart. In many ways she was practical to a fault, but now she was having a problem balancing her nature versus her growing romantic feelings for Jeff. Still, she steeled herself to leave Sanders unattached. She felt it wasn’t fair to Jeff to stay in a long distance relationship with a novice to romance. Her lack of sexuality and sophistication frustrated her. Despite this she knew that if she and Jeff were meant to be, then they would end up together. She knew that she needed to be strong and practical for both of them. She was not counting on being the first one to break down.

Little did Wendy know that somewhere in Boston, someone was thinking of another Meyer sibling. Rich was thinking of Willow. He had been blind when it came to his feelings for her, but now he was beginning to see his special friend in a new light. When he got up in the morning, he knocked on Willow’s door, but no one answered. She must have gone to breakfast, he thought. In reality Willow was awake and lying in bed, sobbing quietly to herself. How could she ever face him again after last night? She was such a spaz, she thought. She dreaded the long cross state trip to Sanders, but she then remembered that Wendy was coming. That would keep Rich from delving into her feelings too much and embarrass her further.

Back at Sanders, Jeff got up early and made the trek to Hill Hall without Mark. He softly tapped at Tricia and Amy’s door. In a moment, Wendy came out wearing a robe and he kissed her. When she broke the sweet kiss, she smiled. “Looks like sleeping beauties are both out like a light,” she quietly giggled as she looked at Trish and Amy.

“I was hoping to take you to breakfast this morning,” said Jeff.

“Let me get dressed and run a brush through my hair. It must be a mess,” she smiled.

“A beautiful mess.”

“Good answer, Mr. Meyer. See you in a couple,” as she smiled and closed the door quietly.

Mark awoke to find Monique kissing him. He didn’t waste any time reciprocating. Finally, they reluctantly got up and Monique changed into the clean clothes that she brought along, though she wanted to put on one of Mark’s sweatshirts. Mark smiled and tossed her one. “This will give you something to think about all day,” he smiled. When Mark was dressed they walked over to Hill Hall to meet up with everyone.

Josie and Jason were snuggling under the covers. Jason knew he had to get moving so he reluctantly climbed out at which Josie moaned in protest. “Sorry baby. I have to check some things before my Nine O’clock and I figured I’d do it in the caf.”

“Do you want me go with you, Master?”

“No honey, you don’t have class until Ten, so sleep in.”

“You are the most wonderful master in the whole world, Master!” said Genie Jeannie Josie.

Jason chuckled. “She was really getting off on the genie personae,” he thought to himself. He finally admitted to himself that he liked it too, though he wanted Josie to be herself sometimes. When he was dressed, he leaned over and kissed her cheek. “I love you, Josie.”

“I never get tired of hearing those words, my wonderful, loving Master. I love you, too.” she smiled.

Jason started to make his way over to the cafeteria.

Wendy and Jeff had been sitting in the caf for more than an hour; just holding hands across the table and drinking coffee. Jeff then groaned to himself. He saw Joe Turner. Joe was a sophomore football player who had terrorized Jeff all freshman year. To make matters worse, Joe was one his residents this year. Now he was more of a problem, constantly questioning his authority and belittling him. He had left Jeff alone for a while, but Jeff saw him walking over to their table.

“Wendy, just ignore the guy who’s coming over, OK?”

“OK,” she agreed.

“So Meyer, who’s the hot chick? She doesn’t look anything like you so she can’t be your sister,” said Joe, as he arrived

Jeff and Wendy remained silent.

“Didn’t your mother teach you that it’s rude to ignore someone when they’re talking to you!” as Joe pushed the table causing Wendy to spill her coffee.

“Joe, you better get the fuck out of here!” said Jeff.

“Or what, You’ll write me up. Listen Meyer, were not in the dorm right now shithead, so you can’t do shit!”

“I’m going to ask you one more time. Get out of here!” said Jeff.

“Maybe after I have a little fun with your girl here,” said Joe as he put his arm on Wendy’s shoulder.

Jason had just finished getting his food, when he heard some commotion across the caf. He looked over and saw his teammate Joe Turner, who was a linebacker roughly his size yelling at Jeff Meyer. He started to walk across the cafeteria, but started to run when he saw that Joe was pawing Wendy Winthrop.

“Get the fuck away from her, Joe,” said Jason as he arrived on the scene.

“What’s she to you?” said Joe belligerently.

“She’s one of my girlfriend’s best friends, if it’s any of your fucking business!”

“Great, then maybe we can double date,” said Joe as he grabbed Wendy’s arm.

“Let go of me! You’re hurting my arm!” cried Wendy.

Jeff Meyer was a pacifist at heart. He hated violence with a passion, but he hated what Joe was doing even more. He clenched his hand in a fist and took a wild swing with all his might at Joe catching him on the side of his chin. Joe let go of Wendy and collapsed to the ground. He got up a little dazed ready to take a swing at Jeff. Instead he ran into Jason’s arms. Jason hauled the sophomore to his feet and jacked him up against a nearby wall.

“Listen dipshit! I’m only going to tell you this once! You leave Meyer and Wendy Winthrop alone! If I even just hear a rumor that you’re giving him any shit, I’m gonna fucking kick the shit out of your sorry ass! You got it!” Jason screamed.

“What the fuck, Martino? We’re teammates,” said a scared Joe.

“Yeah, I’m stuck with you on the team, but I don’t hang with fucking asshole losers who pick on High School girls which is what you are, you pussy.”

Joe was quiet, but looked pissed.

“What, you want me to kick the shit out of you here? Get the fuck out!” grimaced Jason.

“I’m going,” said Joe as Jason let him down and then Joe skulked out the nearby door.

“You guys OK?” asked Jason.

Wendy was trying to hold back the tears, but failing as Jeff comforted her.

“I guess so,” said Jeff quietly.

“I’m sorry you had to deal with that Wendy,” said Jason as he put her hand on her shoulder.

“I’m OK, just a little coffee on my sweats. It was just scary,” said Wendy.

“Meyer, if that punk gives you any trouble, let me know. It’s wrong the way he treated Wendy and you’re a nice kid who shouldn’t have to deal with a punk like him.”

“Thanks Jason. I’m not sure what we would have done if you hadn’t come over,” said Jeff.

“I might be wrong but you may have beat Joe’s ass. That was some roundhouse right you hit him with,” laughed Jason.

“It was a lucky punch,” said Jeff grimly.

“So Wendy, I hope that Joe hasn’t made you hate this place,” smiled Jason.

“No, as long as I have good friends like you and Jeff I can handle people like that,” said Wendy.

Jason looked at Wendy and saw an innocence that he had never seen before in another human being. His eyes were full of visions of Joe pawing at her. At that moment he hoped that Joe would give him a reason to beat him to a pulp. He was tempted just to do it anyway.

“Wendy, who wouldn’t want to be your friend?” smiled Jason trying to hide his anger.

“I’m sure a lot of people,” she said evenly.

“Only idiots like Joe,” laughed Jeff and Wendy laughed too showing that she was over the trauma.

“Well I have to go over this take home before class in half an hour,” said Jason.

“Hey, what did I miss?” asked Mark as he, Trish, Amy, Alexis and Amber Lynn walked over with their trays.

“I’ll let Meyer fill you in. Gotta run,” said Jason as he walked back over to where his eggs were getting cold.

“So, Jeff... start talking,” said Mark grimly.

About half an hour later, Mark saw Jason get up to go to class. Mark came over and patted him on the back as they walked out of the cafeteria together. “Damn! I told you not to mess with my friends, but you went way beyond the call,” laughed Mark.

“It took me a little while to realize it, but Wendy and Jeff are my friends too.”

“Is Joe going to give you any problems with the rest of the team?”

“Probably. The guy’s just a nickel-backer. He doesn’t even start. Most of the guys will take my side. Fuck the rest,” said Jason with a smile.

“Well brother, if there was any doubt in your mind that we’re friends, forget about it. Trish was right, you really are a good guy,” he smiled.

Jason didn’t reply. He just smiled and was happy to be on the right side for a change.

At the eleven O’clock class they were all in together, Jason sat next to Alexis who was on the other side of Mark with Sarah flanking him. Alexis smiled at Jason and kissed him on the cheek “Why couldn’t you have been more like that when we were going out?” she teased.

Jason felt warm inside. While he still cared for Alexis, he had Josie, who he knew he loved. He also knew that Alexis was off limits as she was Mark’s. He didn’t know why, he knew it, but he did and had accepted it. He was just glad that she had forgiven him for the breakup and would hopefully put in a good word with his sister, who had stopped talking to him. Jason also felt a strange kind of clarity concerning Professor Alderson’s lecture. Normally he had to reason some things out before he would understand what the professor was saying. Today it clicked and he made a contribution in class and was praised by his professor. In reality, Jason by virtue of his positive connection to Mark when Josie became his, was reaping the benefit of the improved mental acuity and physical strength that all the others who came into direct contact with Mark or the Jiliad in a positive way were experiencing.

After class they all went to lunch together, meeting up with Wendy who had audited Jeff’s class, and Jeff. Jeff was really moody. Part of him wanted to grab Wendy and ask her to be his girlfriend, but he knew that she would not appreciate it. Of course the beautiful blonde teenager sitting next to him was experiencing similar thoughts and feelings.

Following lunch, they went to Tricia’s room so Wendy could pack. Even Josie came over to say goodbye and give Wendy a great big hug. Josie then gave Jason an even bigger kiss, before she walked over to Amber’s room, as they were having lunch together. Mark, Trish, Wendy and Jeff then went to stow Wendy’s bag in the truck before they went to class. Wendy audited Jeff’s one O’clock Communications class, before they went back to Hill Hall to wait for Mark and Trish.

When they got back to the room, things were very quiet. It was almost like that first day, when they were tongue tied. Finally Jeff spoke. “We both know what the elephant in the room is,” he replied.

“We do,” she said softly.

“You haven’t changed your mind?”

“No” she replied quietly.

Wendy had steeled her heart for Jeff’s own good. Jeff knew he had to respect Wendy’s wishes. At the same time, he knew that he had to change the subject as it was bringing them down. “You do know what is happening on Saturday, right?” he asked.

“The costume party at Elsie’s?”

“That means we do need to come up with costumes.”

“True,” brightened Wendy.

The next half hour flew as they both came up with costume ideas and rejected them. Some of them were silly which made them giggle. Then the moment they were dreading happened: Mark and Trish walked into the room. Wendy looked at Jeff and promised herself that she not would cry. “I’m not going to cry, I not going to cry,” she thought. Then she did. Jeff hugged her as he felt tears begin to well in his eyes, but he managed to hold them back. After a minute, Jeff gently lifted Wendy’s head up and gave her a short, sweet kiss and then they all walked out to Mark’s SUV.

When they got there, Mark and Trish got in to give Jeff and Wendy a little privacy to say goodbye, as Jeff needed to go to his three O’clock class, which he was probably not going to make on time. Jeff smiled at her. “It’s only for a few days. I’ll see you on Saturday.”

“I know, but then we will just need to say goodbye again.”

“Let’s not think of that now,” he smiled.

“I’m going to miss you.”

“Me too. You should probably get moving, or I’ll never make my class.” he laughed.

“Yeah,” she said with a sad smile.

“Bye ,Wendy,” as said, as he closed his eyes and hugged her tightly.

“Bye, Jeff,” she said before taking his head in her hands and bringing her mouth to his and they kissed. Jeff was in heaven, which became better when he felt Wendy’s tongue apply pressure to his lips, which opened of their own accord. Soon Wendy and Jeff’s tongues sparred gently at first, but then more forcibly as the hungrily kissed each other. When it was over, both of them had a dazed, goofy look on their face as Wendy floated into the SUV, closed the door and waved as Mark pulled away.

Jeff stood there in shock. “She really loves me,” he muttered out loud as he began to walk in a daze toward his class which was starting in fifteen seconds, though at his current pace was five minutes away.

The Concord Express had just left campus when Trish turned to her sister. “I see you took my advice concerning the kiss.”

Wendy was still in her daze. “Yeah.”

“So you managed to keep unattached,” said Mark.

“Yeah,” she said as her daze began to lift. Then the panic set in. What if Jeff found a beautiful girl? What if he liked that girl more than he liked me, she thought. She was trying to be noble for Jeff’s sake, but then an idea popped into her head. Screw noble. He loves me and I love him. Out came her cell phone.

Jeff was still in his daze, though only a couple of minutes from his class when he heard his cell go off. He could see it was Wendy. He answered “Hey.”

“Jeff, I can’t take it! I know that it’s selfish and I have no right to ask, but do you want to be my boyfriend?” she blurted out.

Jeff felt his daze completely take over as he stopped moving.

“Jeff?”

“You want what?” he asked.

“I want to be your girlfriend, if you’ll have me,” she reiterated.

“You do know that you are talking to Jeff Meyer, right?” he asked.

“I am talking to Jeffrey Meyer, the most wonderful guy in the whole world!” said Wendy.

“Then the answer is ‘Yes’, my amazing Wendy!”

“He said Yes!” Wendy shrieked to Mark and Trish. Then she said “I should be letting you get to class. Thank you for making me so happy, boyfriend!”

“Anything for my wonderful girlfriend, Wendy Winthrop! Bye.” he beamed in joy.

After they disconnected, Jeff screamed triumphantly and then sprinted to the class he was late for, knowing that he wouldn’t be concentrating much anyway.

“I knew it!” laughed Trish.

“What?” asked Wendy who was still flushed from her excitement.

“That you couldn’t make it without knowing Jeff was yours,” she said. “I guess you know this means that I win,” said Trish to Mark.

“Win what?” asked Wendy.

“Mark and I had a bet whether you would be able to leave without you and Jeff becoming an item,” laughed Trish.

“You mean, you bet on my love life?” asked Wendy incredulously.

“Babe, I think we’ll need to check with the judge. I believe that the bet was that Wendy and Jeff would be a couple by the time she left campus. According to my recollection, Wendy and Jeff did not become a couple until we had already pulled well on to Route 7, which is clearly ‘off campus’,” Mark stated.

“Oh, That’s a technicality. The spirit of the bet should be clear,” complained Trish.

“I can’t believe you two! Who’s the judge, by the way?” asked Wendy.

“Amy,” replied Mark.

“You are so going to lose, Trish,” laughed Wendy.

Mark smiled. “Not necessarily,” replied Trish. Then she looked at Mark. “Why are you so happy, Mark?” asked Trish suspiciously.

“I got the perfect outcome. I won the bet and Wendy and Jeff are together. Why wouldn’t I be happy?”

“What was the wager of this bet?” asked Wendy.

“Nothing that I wouldn’t do for him if he asked me anyway,” said Trish.

“What?” asked Wendy.

“She has to do my laundry for a month,” laughed Mark.

Jason Martino strapped on the chin strap of his helmet and put his mouth guard in. Over the last couple of days, he was taking snaps as the first team Fullback. Additionally, he was coaching Rondell Tyson who was the team’s backup Tight End. Now that Jason had taken over at Fullback, it would be up to Rondell to play practically every down, which made his snap count increase drastically. Rondell was a good blocker and had decent hands, but the way he ran his patterns and ran with the ball was atrocious. Coach Hutchinson had asked him to “coach up” the sophomore back up the way Rob Thornton had coached Jason yesterday. Jason being a smart guy, had already absorbed his coaching and had a solid grip on the Fullback position. Now he needed to do the same with Rondell, as the new starting Tight End.

The awkward part of the equation was that Rondell was Joe Turner’s roommate, the kid he had threatened this morning. Jason figured he should get it out in the open before he started coaching.

“So I bet you heard about Joe and me this morning,” said Jason.

“Yeah, Joe told me at lunch,” said Rondell, in his best business type tone.

“Does it bother you?”

“Yeah, but were here about football, right?”

“Yeah. I just wanted to make sure that you would listen to me when I was coaching you.”

“Hey I want to start and I want to win just as much as anybody. Yeah, what you did to Joe sucked and I’m sure you’ll get yours later. For now, I know that you are one of the best Tight Ends in Division III. I’d be a fool not to listen to you, and I ain’t a fool,” said Rondell.

“I’m glad to hear that,” said Jason ignoring the threat, that was wrapped in the compliment.

Jason showed Rondell how to run crisp routes and how to protect the ball after he caught it. Rondell then displayed what he had learned. It took him a little while, but soon he seemed to absorb what Jason was telling him.

“It’s all about consistency. Kyle is going to be back there in the pocket looking for you to be there when he throws the ball. If you give up on the route, you will leave him open to taking a shot. With Rob already out, we can’t afford to lose any more starters; especially ‘11’,” said Jason referring to the Quarterback, Kyle Dodd by his number.

“Yeah, I know. So how did I look?” asked Rondell.

“You’ve got some skills, ‘89’. You need to keep running your routes crisply and get off the line faster on the snap. Keep protecting the ball the way I showed you and keep your good effort on blocking and your concentration on catching the ball, and you’ll be fine.”

“Better than you?” he laughed.

“Let’s not go crazy here. Seriously you have the potential to be very good. It’s all about repetition and effort, 89. To be honest, you’re a better blocker than me.”

“I don’t know about that. You’ve been a beast since you started playing FB, man.”

“Let’s just say I discovered how much I like to hit people,” laughed Jason.

“Yeah, I guess Joe knows all about that,” said Rondell.

“Did Joe tell you that I hit him?”

“Yeah, he said you sucker punched him.”

“I hate to tell you, but your roommate is a lying sack of shit. I didn’t hit him. Jeff Meyer did,” laughed Jason.

“My RA? That kid is a buck sixty soaking wet,” laughed Rondell.

“If you don’t believe me, ask around. There were enough witnesses in the caf. Turner was messing with his girl, who is only seventeen. To be honest I was on my way over to hit him, when Meyer popped him for me,” admitted Jason.

“I could see why he wouldn’t want that to get out,” conceded Rondell.

“Look Tyson, I’m telling you this because I think you are OK. You’re not a dipshit bully like your roommate.”

“Well that’s good to hear. I have to admit that we all kind of messed with Meyer last year when we all were freshmen. Joe in particular hated him. For me it was just fun. Now he’s my RA, he has been nothing but nice to me.”

“He’s a good kid and a good friend of my best friend. Joe was also messing with my best friend’s girlfriend’s sister who was the girl in question. I couldn’t let him do that.”

“So what you’re telling me was that you were looking out for your own. I hear that dawg. If it was me, I’d probably kick the shit out of him too.”

“So, are we good? I’d hate to say that there was a starter on this team that didn’t like me,” laughed Jason.

“Yeah, we’re good. I want to warn you that you should probably watch your back. I think Joe’s planning something after the game,” said Rondell.”

“Thanks for the warning, 89. I’ll keep an eye out.”

As regular practice was about to start, Rondell showed some improvement, catching a nice across pattern and splitting the seam for a big gain. A couple of times he ran the wrong route and Jason looked at him and pointed to his helmet. “Think” murmured Rondell out loud as he ran back to the huddle. The highlight of the practice was on an inside handoff play from the shotgun formation.

Joe Turner was blitzing, hoping to get a good rush up the middle. If he was lucky he could run over Martino on his way to getting his hands on the QB. What he wasn’t counting on was a running play with Jason Martino barreling down the middle as a lead blocker. Joe wound up flat on his back and speedy Ike Williams hit the hole behind Jason’s lead block and wound up in the end zone. When Jason went to offer a hand to help Joe up, the backup linebacker refused it. Rondell went over to his roommate and pulled him up.

“Hey dawg, did you just see your ass get run over?” laughed Rondell.

Joe was not laughing. In fact, he stayed quiet and fumed. Martino had embarrassed him in the caf and now on the field. He would get his, vowed Joe.