The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Jilliad

Book 2

After the Necklace

Chapter 1 Homecoming Weekend

That afternoon Mark and Trish broke the news of their engagement to the rest of his mates, Mark’s dad, Marie, Marcus and Angie. Everyone was ecstatic for the young couple. While Trish had been secretly worried that her sisters would somehow resent the fact that Mark chose her, she couldn’t have been more wrong. When Monique and Amy both hugged her, she knew that everything would be OK. She was most worried about them because Monique had been the first to bond to Mark, and Amy and Mark had been such good friends. More importantly, Trish knew that both Amy and Monique had harbored feelings for Mark before they were bound to him. When Trish pulled them aside, they both made their feelings known to Trish.

“Trish, I am so happy for you two!” exclaimed Monique.

“Of course we’re happy, don’t be such a drama queen,” added Amy.

“But what about your feelings for Mark?” asked Trish.

“Nothing has changed,” said Amy.

“Unless of course you prohibit us from sleeping with him; then we’d have to hurt you,” laughed Monique. Trish and Amy laughed too.

“That would never happen because it would mean that I couldn’t sleep with you guys” said Trish still laughing. Trish still looked worried. “I just didn’t want to hurt you,” said Trish.

“We aren’t hurt,” smiled Amy.

“Look Trish, before I knew about the effect of the necklace, I thought Mark was my soul mate. I thought that because I would have never acted the way I did with anyone else. Now I know I had changed. I guess in a way Mark is one of my soul mates, but so are the rest of you,” said Monique.

“We all know the way Mark feels about you. We know he loves us too, but you were always the one he wanted. Now we know that you felt the same way and we understand,” added Amy.

“You should also know that when he was ready to end his semi-relationship with you, he still felt he needed to tell you face to face and offer you a chance. That seemed to go against the power of the necklace and to the power of the love he felt for you,” said Monique.

Trish was stunned. There was no question that her previously confident personality had taken a hit during the original transference. Ellen’s sweeter, less confrontational nature had somewhat influenced Tricia’s new personality when it came to matters of the heart. Still, she came to the conclusion that she had been foolish about the whole angst she was feeling. She and Mark did belong together. Now she was just worried about one thing: her family.

Tricia was hoping against hope that her family would stay away from Homecoming as they had last year. She spent freshman year ducking the advances of Michael Caldwell. Her family had only missed last year due to a business meeting that her father and Mike had to attend, but she figured that would not happen again. If only her Grandfather could have come. He always had the ability to keep her father in check. Sadly, he and her Grandmother had moved to Florida. She did make plans to go down there for Thanksgiving again to avoid her immediate family, but doubted that she could avoid them this weekend. At least this time would be different because she was engaged to Mark, but she knew her family would make it hard on them when they found out about the engagement. Luckily they had a good support group including her sisters, Mr. Samuels, Marie, Marcus and Angie. She and Mark had discussed that they would wait and tell them together and would call for reinforcement if they had to confront a storm.

That night, Mark and Trish made a point of spending some time loving others in their family. Mark started making love to Karen and then on to Sarah, Kelly and Alexis. Trish made love to Amy, Monique, Fern and Amber. Elsie, Sonia and Tessa had a little three way fun and then everyone re-shuffled with Mark Sonia and Tessa having the three way with the others pairing up. Finally Mark, Elsie and Trish wound up together with Elsie riding Mark’s cock and Trish his face.

Down the hall in Honeymoon Suite II, Bill and Marie were having their own fun. Marie had asked Bill to drink both a blue and an orange potion and when he did he became almost as virile as Mark. Marie looked at her new lover. Like Mark, she did not see Bill as her Master, but her new relationship was different from that of her former lover. As with all permanent hosts, her mind conformed to what Bill needed. As he had been so lonely for so long, Marie saw her role as not only his lover and spouse, but also his companion and confidant. Mark had his other mates, but Bill only had her. She would be everything to him, while Ellen and Jill would pull the strings of her body when it was necessary to please him in a way that Marie could not.

Bill looked down at his lover. She was amazing. Her arms reached up and pulled him to her. as her lips found his. Marie began to stroke Bill’s member to hardness as his head began to swim with passion. Then she began to rub his rock hard cock against her moistening slit as they savored the intimate contact. When ready, she guided him into her searing heat. Bill had starved for love and passion for so long. While he and Marie had fucked several times since she became his, he was still hungry. Bill was hungry for Marie and she wanted him to devour her. Bill felt his love and lust for the brunette beauty course through his body. Marie was already in a frenzy; moaning and shaking in lust. Bill began to furiously drive his shaft into her drenched snatch, as it seemed reluctant to let it go, grabbing it as if it had a mind of its own.

The Jiliad was reveling in the feeling of her new master taking control. Ellen was also feeling the passion of her stepdaughter’s coupling with their new Master. They were both aroused beyond belief and sensed that the copulating couple was going to shortly explode in a torrent of orgasm.

Marie was first, as she felt her lover plow her pussy with a powerful thrust, she began to quiver and then without further warning, she screamed her lover’s name as she arched her back and she began to shake. Marie’s orgasm brought on Jill and Ellen’s, which further fed Marie’s and caused Bill to thrust one last time, deeply into her clenching channel. He cried out and his body shook, as he flooded Marie with his powerful spend. After a little time to cuddle and recover, Bill was not done. While he never had been so sexually voracious, his feelings for Marie and his new found potency kept the two of them up very late.

The next morning, both men woke up early and found themselves in the kitchen getting a snack. They had the opportunity to talk about the necklace and the wonderful women in their lives. Mark warned Bill about the possibility that the necklace might encourage Marie to get another “playmate” for them. Bill mentioned that he wasn’t into that kind of thing.

“Just wait dad, you will be,” Mark laughed.

“Yeah, I guess if you weren’t that kind of guy before, so I may have the same problem,” groaned Bill.

“I’m sure that Jill won’t do anything permanent, like what happened to me. She was not in her right mind then. Just make sure that whomever that woman is that she is on the pill and treat her nice,” said Mark. “The necklace will ensure that you won’t have any fallout.”

Then the topic changed to Mark’s girls. Despite the obvious pros to the situation, the most concerning “con” involved was what to do about the girls’ families concerning the coming babies. While his dad reiterated how he was with Mark’s decision to marry Trish, he did point out that Tricia was the only girl he hadn’t knocked up. Bill agreed to help Mark in anyway he could.

“Ahem,” came a voice from the doorway. It was Trish. “Sorry to interrupt Bill, but your son has pre-marital obligations to his fiancée and I’m sure that Marie would love a wake up call from you too” winked Trish.

“Son, never argue with a beautiful woman. You can’t hope to win,” laughed Bill.

Mark pulled his future bride into a sweet embrace and then Trish hugged her future father-in-law. After he hugged his father, Mark and Trish walked hand in hand up the stairs together to their special room for their customary alone time. Soon Bill returned to his own “Pre-marital” bed and his newly beloved Marie. She was delighted to find a pair of sweet lips kissing her awake. Her arousal awakened moments later.

When everyone awoke, they all agreed to meet back at Elsie’s for dinner with the exception of Trish, Monique, Tessa and Sonia who had to prepare for the game. Then everyone would attend the volleyball game. Sanders was undefeated in its past five games, so a win against Williams tonight would move them to 8-6 with a decent chance to be able to play in the league tournament if they fared well in the final six games. Mark was also going to the jewelers to pick up the ring which he and Trish had dropped off at the jewelry store to get resized after lunch yesterday. He would then give it to Trish after the game. Mark then drove Trish, Sarah, Amy, Monique, Amber and Alexis back to campus as they all had morning classes. Fern followed with Bill, Marie and Karen. Karen was going to audit Fern’s class. She was hoping that she might be able to go to Sanders.

Mark’s favorite class was his business ethics class because he had it with Sarah and Alexis. He was also quickly becoming a rising star with Professor Alderson. That day, Bill Samuel had decided to sit in the back of the lecture hall with Marie and watch the class. Mark was flanked by both Sarah and Alexis who periodically stole glances at Mark. Jason Martino was also in this class. Lately Mark had noticed Jason looking angrily at him, Sarah and Alexis. Mark snuck a few glances at him to see if he was paying attention to Alexis. He was. Mark had a typically brilliant class as he raised several points comparing the abuse of junk bond dealers of the 1980s with several of the recent problems of today’s bond market and how these problems appeared to be cyclical based upon regulation and deregulation.

After class, Jason accosted him, Alexis and Sarah in the hallway. “What’s going on with you, Samuels?” he bellowed. “First I hear you are with Trish Winthrop. Then you are making out with Sarah and my girl at the Econ dinner” he continued.

“I’m not ‘your girl!’” exclaimed Alexis.

“C’mon baby, haven’t you punished me enough?” asked Jason.

“I’m not punishing you. You broke up with me and I want to thank you for doing me that favor,” reiterated Alexis.

“Look, Jason, nothing personal, but you hooked up with Carly and dumped Alexis, so she isn’t any of your business anymore,” stated Mark.

“Any of my business? I think you better leave Alexis alone so I can talk to her, or you will meet the business end of my fist, Samuels,” threatened Jason.

“She’s got nothing to say to you, Martino,” stated Mark.

“I thought you were smarter than that,” said Jason as he cocked his fist. That fist not only failed to meet its target, but all 6″3 220 pounds of Jason Martino found himself on the ground. 6″4 and 240 pounds of Bill Samuel was standing over him.

As Bill saw Mark’s confrontation he quickly ran over to Jason and grabbed his fist arm with both hands as Jason was preparing to bring it forward into Mark. Jason immediately spun around, lost his balance and fell down as Bill let go. Alexis immediately whipped out her cell phone and was calling campus security. Mark told her to hang up. Bill dragged a shocked Jason to his feet and Mark grabbed him by the arm before grabbing his shoulders. Mark felt a wave of anger and energy wash over him.

“Listen Martino! If I ever catch you messing with me or my own, I will make your life a living hell!” screamed Mark in anger! “Do you understand?”

Jason Martino became flooded by fear and anxiety. He had made a huge mistake and he knew it. He realized that he wanted no part of Mark or the bigger older guy who had just knocked him down. “Hey Mark...no problem... I made a mistake. I’m sorry I won’t let it happen again” said Jason while trying to pretend he was calm yet shaking like a leaf.

Mark saw the fear in Jason’s eyes that belied the weak smile he was attempting to mask his fear with. He could also smell the fear in the formerly aggressive senior. Mark quickly smiled and gave Jason a playful slap on the back. “Hey Jason. No hard feelings,” said Mark. “Just remember what I said, OK?” reminded Mark as the smile left his face. Jason nodded before leaving as quickly as he could.

Alexis and Sarah melted their bodies into Mark and Marie did the same to Bill. “Thanks dad!” sighed Mark in relief.

“It was mostly you, Mark,” said his dad.

“He would have pounded the crap out of me,” said Mark.

“Maybe, but I think after his first punch, you would have scared the crap out of him,” said Bill. “Did you see the look in his eyes? I don’t know what you did to him, but he will never piss you off again” added Bill.

“I’m not so sure, Dad,” said Mark.

“I am,” said Dad.

“Me too. I’ve never seen Jason so scared,” agreed Alexis with a smile.

At lunch time, Mark, Bill and Marie met up with all of Mark’s ladies (except Elsie, Sonia, Tessa and Kelly) at the cafeteria. Bill and Mark recounted the story about the encounter with Jason Martino, and his reaction to Mark. Fern thought for a moment.

“Mark, I think your magic has somehow increased in power,” said Fern.

“The Jiliad told me that it might,” said Mark. “She said I needed to learn how to control my powers,” he added.

“It sounds like you were able to broadcast your anger at a subconscious level. That is what frightened Jason,” said Fern.

“You mean I don’t have to be doing you know what to control people?” asked Mark.

“No. The necklace was able to control people just from contact and I believe you were more powerful than her. You probably have the powers of divination and healing powers. Maybe even Psionics,” chirped Fern.

“While Ellen was in my consciousness, she confirmed to me that Mark was more powerful than Jill,” said Trish.

“Excuse me, but I’m right here,” came Ellen’s words out of Marie’s mouth.

Everyone laughed. Marie took over. “Yes, Ellen was told that Mark was more powerful than Jill. That is part of why they needed to be separated. Jill theorized that Mark’s magic was slowly draining her existence into Mark. The result would have been bad for both of them,” said Marie.

“So, I can project my feelings into other people? Can I do it consciously?” asked Mark.

“Perhaps. Eventually you will learn how directly to control people’s feelings, but at least for now you should have physical contact with them to ensure that it will work; the closer contact, the better. Also, the stronger the emotion, the more effective your emotional projection would be. At this point, the effects will probably vary from person to person,” said Fern.

Everybody looked at Marie. “Don’t look at me. Ellen is not correcting anything Fern said,” added Marie.

As lunch wrapped up everyone said goodbye to Trish and Monique who were off to Volleyball practice after class. Mark then went to his last remaining class, while Bill and Marie went back to Elsie’s.

After his afternoon class, Mark went to the jeweler, who had told Mark that the ring would be ready. “I have it right here” smiled the jeweler as he handed the box to Mark. Mark opened the box and stared at the beautiful stones and thought of Trish. “I must say that the sapphires almost exactly match your fiancée’s eyes,” he added.

“I agree. But while the stones are beautiful and well matched, nothing shines brighter than my Tricia’s eyes,” Mark smiled.

After dinner everyone went to the game. Sanders disposed of Williams in three games. After Williams won a close first game, Sanders seemed to have a better flow and demolished Williams in the last two. Trish and Monique, as always, led their team. Sonia and Tessa beamed out at their two star players whom they both loved with all their hearts. When the game was over, Monique was the first one out of the shower. Her “Sanders family” quickly mobbed her hugging her in congratulations. Then Monique heard a familiar voice.

“Honey, you sure have a lot of friends!” exclaimed Monique’s Mom.

“Hi Mom!” said Monique as she ran and gave her mother a hug.

Next to her mom were Marcus, Marcus’ parents, Dr. Richard Tibbs and his wife Sheila. Quickly Monique introduced all of her new friends to her Mom, Rachel Adams. Monique’s dad Wallace was a Major in the Army and on a tour of duty in Germany and would not be back for another year. Rachel was planning on joining him, but wanted to make sure that her fragile daughter was OK before leaving. It really seemed that Monique had grown up quite quickly and it looked like she had an amazing group of friends who truly loved her. Maybe she is ready for me to leave, she smiled to herself.

As Tricia came out of the locker room, she was accosted by some familiar faces. One of them she was quite happy to see. Two of them she was somewhat happy to see. The fourth she could definitely have done without.

“Patricia!” cried her mother as she ran over to hug her daughter.

“Hi Mom!” said Trish, as she gave her mom a big hug.

“Hi Pumpkin!” said her Dad as he waited and got his hug.

Next was her sister. “Hey Sis!” smiled Wendy.

“Hey Wendy Bird You look amazing!” smiled Trish as she called her by her nickname from Peter Pan as the sisters hugged” Indeed, Wendy was not only well on her way to transforming from ugly duckling to beautiful swan, almost looked like a mini-Trish.

“That’s sweet of you to say. You look as great as always.” said Wendy shyly.

Trish had kept in touch with her sister by phone and e-mail over the last couple of years. She was quite happy to finally get to see her. Tricia’s happiness was tempered by the man standing next to Wendy.

“Hello Patty!” said Mike Caldwell as he hugged Trish who stiffened in his arms.

She wasn’t sure which she hated more, the nickname “Patty” or Mike Caldwell. After brief reflection she went with the obvious answer. “Hi Uncle Mike,” said Trish through gritted teeth and emphasizing the word “Uncle”.

Mike then proceeded to put his unwanted arm around her waist. “You don’t need to be so formal my dear” said Mike as Trish cringed.

Trish didn’t want to make a scene, so she just stood there hoping that Mark would arrive soon to save her.

Mike Caldwell smiled. He had been keeping tabs on Trish, paying an acquaintance of hers at Sanders and by periodically hiring private investigators to find out what was going on with her love life. He had gotten word a couple of weeks ago that she had broken up with Rich Kiley, the quarterback at Boston College and she apparently did not have any suitors at this time. He thought that now would be the perfect time to plan for their engagement. Mike had convinced Phillip Winthrop III, to make it clear to Patty that she should marry Mike. For extra leverage Phil had planned to convince her that her grandfather would pull her trust fund if she didn’t marry Mike.

In reality Phil and Mike had been worried about Patricia’s recent behavior. Her grades had fallen off last term and she seemed to be running wild with all kinds of athletes and skipping classes. They considered her behavior lately to be quite erratic and suspected that she had been using drugs even though they had no proof. Still fearing the worst, they had lied to Phillip Winthrop Jr., stating that Trish was doing drugs and putting herself at risk. In reality, Trish’s grades had fallen off last term, because she had been traveling back and forth between Syracuse and Sanders, when she had been dating Paul Martin who was a Linebacker for Syracuse. After she broke up with him, she started seeing Rich at the end of the term and was commuting back and forth from BC.

Not knowing all the facts, her grandfather was worried enough that he was considering cutting off her trust fund. As Trish’s grandfather was still Chairman of the Winthrop Corporation, he was the defacto head of the Winthrop clan, real power behind the company and the family’s financial resources.

Once the trap had been baited, Mike was going to play good cop to her father’s bad cop to trick her into going along with the engagement to get her dad off her back. Mike was confident he could eventually convince Patty that he was the right man for her. If necessary, he had a little device in his possession which he was sure would make Patricia Winthrop his. Inside Mike raged at the Winthrop family. By their refusal to provide the necessary resources, they had taken something vital to him. Something that could not be replaced and his heart grieved. He would do anything to get the necessary funding; including marrying into the family.

Mark was in the middle of talking to Rachel Adams who seemed quite taken with him, when he noticed Trish surrounded by a small group of people he assumed were her family. He figured this out by the pained expression on her face. He also noticed a man who appeared to be about thirty with his arm around Tricia’s waist. “Please excuse me Ms. Adams. I just need to catch up with my fiancée. It was nice meeting you and I am sure I will see you over the next couple of days. It was great to see you again Dr. and Mrs. Tibbs. I’ll see you both later too” said Mark before quickly running over to his beleaguered Trish.

“What a nice young man” said Rachel to her sister, Sheila Tibbs.

“We love Mark. He is like part of the family” said Sheila.

When Mark got there, he quickly smiled at everyone. “Hello. You must be the Winthrops. I’m Mark Samuels.”

Mike Caldwell smiled and thought to himself. So this is Mark, Tricia’s little friend. He had been assured by his mole that Mark was no threat to him and that he and Tricia’s relationship was strictly platonic. No wonder, he looks gay, Mike laughed to himself.

“Hello Mark. I’m Phil Winthrop and this is my wife, Sharon.”

Mark saw where Tricia got her good looks from. Sharon was in her early forties, she appeared much younger and still quite lovely.

“We’ve heard so much about you,” said Tricia’s dad shaking his hand. Mark began to radiate confidence.

“We never got the chance to thank you for saving Trish from those nasty soccer players and standing by her at the inquest,” said Sharon as she hugged Mark.

Mark emitted feelings of trust, affection and attraction before they broke the hug. “Trish is a special person and she needed help” said Mark. “You must be Wendy! Your sister told me all about you!” smiled Mark as he hugged Wendy while transmitting the same feelings to Tricia’s sister.

“I’m sure it was all bad,” said Wendy.

“Nope. She told me that you were the best younger sister that anyone could ask for,” smiled Mark as he tightened his grip around the girl before breaking the clinch.

“Oh sure!” laughed Wendy.

Wendy seemed to have blossomed into a lovely young lady. Like Trish, she seemed to favor her mother in the looks department. Mark now looked at Mike Caldwell who was still holding a very uncomfortable looking Trish with his arm around her waist. “Now Patricia never told me that she had a much older brother” smiled Mark.

“I’m not her brother. My name is Mike Caldwell,” said Mike extending his hand.

Mark paused a moment and then shook it and radiated strength, confidence and anger. He did his best to suppress a laugh as he and Trish were ready to fix Mike with a bombshell they were going to drop on him and her family. “I just assumed that you were her brother by the way you were being so affectionate with her” said Mark

“I’m a very close friend of the family and I have taken a very special interest in Patty” said Mike.

“That’s nice” said Mark, dismissing him in a disinterested manner. Mark extended his arms to Trish and said “Trish you guys were amazing tonight!”

Trish pulled out of Mike Caldwell’s grasp and gave Mark a hug. “Did you see how Monique and I were clicking out there? It was amazing!” beamed Trish.

“I know! Mr. Winthrop, you should have seen the way these ladies were playing at the beginning of the year, they have improved a lot and your little girl has played a huge part in their improvement!”

“You say the sweetest things, babe,” said Trish as she kissed Mark on the cheek.

Now Mike was starting to worry. Patty was acting quite affectionate with this clown. He was confident that Phil would put him in his place. There was also something about Mark that troubled him. He seemed incredibly strong and confident, not to mention the anger that he sensed from the kid. Maybe he should have taken Mark a little more seriously.

Phil Winthrop cleared his throat, so Mark took that as a cue to break his clinch with Trish. “Oh, Trish?” asked Mark.

“What Mark?” asked Trish

“I got your ring back for you.”

Trish jumped in the air in excitement and hugged Mark again. Oh thanks, babe!” she cried. She then broke the clinch when Mark handed her the ring and she displayed it with a flourish for her mother and sister.

“It’s beautiful. Those stones look almost real. Where did you get it?” asked Sharon.

“Mark gave it to me!” said Tricia as she slid the ring on her left ring finger.

“Dear, you shouldn’t wear it on that finger. People will get the wrong idea,” said Sharon.

“How so?” asked Mark.

“Because the ring looks so real, people will think she is engaged” said Sharon.

“I am engaged, Mom and those are real sapphires and diamonds; including the stone and the setting.”

There was an awkward moment of silence broken by an angry voice. “You are not engaged to this young man!” exclaimed Phil. “You will marry Mike!”

Mike Caldwell waited for his would be future bride to crack. She would not.

“I am marrying Mark!” shouted Trish.

“Mr. Winthrop, with all due respect, we’re not asking for your permission, just your blessing.” added Mark.

“You have neither young man!” blustered Phil Winthrop.

Bill Samuels saw the warning signs that Mark and Trish had alerted him to this morning. He encouraged the group huddled around Monique to move toward Mark and the Winthrop delegation. Bill moved to the front of the group as they walked and Marcus got right behind him.

“I’m sorry you feel that way daddy, but I love Mark and we’re getting married!” said Tricia emphatically.

“You will marry Mike Caldwell and that is that!” stated Phil.

“Sir, I’ve been quite patient with you. Trish will marry whomever she wants to marry! She wants to marry me as opposed to your child predator over there!” yelled Mark.

“How dare you, you punk?” shouted Mike.

“Tricia told me about all the crap that you pulled, Caldwell! You better never touch my fiancée again!” shouted Mark.

“Patricia, I will not stand here and let this friend of yours talk so vilely about such a good man as your Uncle Mike!” yelled Phil as Mike move toward Mark glowering threateningly.

“What is going on here?” said Bill Samuels as he and his group approached the arguing group.

Mark smiled as heard his dad’s voice and when he saw Marcus move his muscular girth to his side and then look menacingly at Mike Caldwell.

“This is a family matter, so I urge you to mind your own business!” shouted Phil.

“If this involves my son and my future daughter-in-law, it is my business!” boomed Bill.

“Well sir, you should know that if your son plans to marry my daughter I will disown her! No inheritance, no trust fund, which is paying for her education! She will lose everything!” bellowed Phil.

“I don’t care daddy! Mark and I love each other!” cried Trish.

“Phillip!” screamed a panicked Sharon, as she saw her family spinning out of control, but her husband continued to ignore her.

“Look Winthrop, unlike you, I look after my own! I’m happy to call Trish my daughter and will be happy to pay for her education! As she is an adult, she has no need for you anymore, I urge you to take your sorry, cheating ass and get the hell out of here!” shouted Bill.

“What did you say to me!” blustered Phil.

“You heard me. And take that ass kissing, child loving pervert with you!” shouted Bill.

Mark wasn’t sure what would happen next. It looked like Mike was about to take a swing at his father. Then the voice of reason entered the fray.

“What’s going on here? Are you harassing one of my players?” asked Sonia to Mike Caldwell.

“I’m a family friend,” said Mike.

“I don’t care who you are. You are wearing leather soled shoes so please get off my Volleyball court right now, or I’ll call security!” said Sonia.

“Miss, do you know who I am?” asked Phil.

“From what I understand, you used to be Tricia’s father,” smiled Sonia.

Tricia’s mother panicked and ran over and hugged Trish. “Baby, please don’t do this! Mark seems like such a nice young man, but we’re your family!” cried Sharon.

“Mom, a family supports each others hopes and dreams. This is my family” said Trish pointing to Mark, Bill and the group of people ringing the altercation. “My friends and Mark are the family that has helped me to grow up. They love me and support my dreams. They are not forcing me to marry someone who I hate. Someone who started treating me as a sex object when I was just sixteen!” said Trish glaring at Mike.

“But baby, we love you!” sniffled Sharon.

“I love you too, Mom. But if you love me, you will let me go and then maybe we can be a part of each other’s lives in the future” said Trish before turning to her father. “I don’t want your money daddy. I don’t need it. Mark is a bright young man, who loves me for who I am. He has always loved me and was patient enough for me to become smart enough to realize that I loved him too. I am prepared to live anyway he wants me to, as long as we are together. I love him and his love is all I need!” exclaimed Trish.

Phil was shocked. He had underestimated his daughter. She was no longer the spoiled little brat she was when she went away to Sanders. Still, he didn’t want to give up on his plan for her to marry Mike While he still wasn’t sure what kind of hold this Samuels kid had over her, he knew that things were on the brink of no return. Instead of fighting and risking everything, he pulled a strategic retreat. If the information Mike’s detective was looking into implicated Mark with drugs, they had a plan in place. Until then, he needed to stall for more time. “Look Samuels. I don’t approve of your attitude, but you do seem to make my daughter happy. I will discuss the matter with Patricia’s grandfather. He is the custodian of her trust fund. If he approves of your choice to get married, then her education will continue. Still, this changes nothing between us. You have a lot to prove to me young man before you get my blessing to marry my daughter. I’m very angry at the way you have treated my close friend. I assure you that this matter is a long way from being settled!” said Phil.

“That’s fine with me, sir,” replied Mark. “But I’d appreciate if you could answer one question for me,” he added.

“What?” asked Phil.

“Why in the world would you believe this man over your own flesh and blood daughter?”

Trish smiled through a tear that she had shed. Phil scowled and without an answer, he left dragging his wife with him. Mike glowered at Mark and dragged Wendy off behind his departing boss.

Trish ran over to Mark and tightly hugged him as she cried into his neck. “It’s OK, babe. I got you” said Mark quietly. “‘I got you, babe’” sang Tricia through her tears and they both started to crack up despite what had just happened. Her goofy joke to break tension just reminded him of why he had always loved her and why he always would.