The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Jilliad Part 12

Chapter 34 Thursday Evening

After some cuddling, Mark picked the necklace off the table, put it back in the bag and placed it back in his jacket. Then Mark went back to his room to finish his reading. Everyone agreed to meet back in Amy and Tricia’s room later. While Mark now adored Fern like the other girls, he was becoming increasingly worried about the effects of the necklace on his lovers and on himself. He was sure that Fern had not touched the necklace of her own accord. The power of the necklace must have flowed through his body, using it as a conductor. Fern had made the mistake of touching his arm to balance her, so she could get a better look it.

Mark was stymied. Part of him wished he could just dispose of the necklace, but he was not sure how it would affect the girls or him. He realized that doing so would possibly be dangerous. To complicate things, another part of Mark was actually fond of the necklace. In some ways he thought of the necklace as a human being, almost like one of his lovers. While Mark thought that this notion was absurd, he was actually quite right.

Mark decided to talk to the group later to determine what to do to prevent future mishaps. While Fern was such a mishap, his brain and heart waged a battle of remorse versus joy concerning her becoming his newest mate. Then there was the matter of Amber Lynn and Alexis. They both had been clearly avoiding Mark. On a couple of occasions he had knocked on their door when he was sure that he heard noises coming from the room, but nobody answered. Wednesday morning, Alexis missed the Business Ethics class that she had with him and Sarah. This morning, Mark noticed that when Amber had seen him while he was walking to class, she actually ran away from him. He knew that he needed to talk to both girls desperately. He sensed that they were both in pain, and that he may have been the cause of it. Before supper, Mark decided to stake out room 104. When he got to Hill Hall, he suggested that everyone else leave for dinner without him. He then concealed himself in Tricia and Amy’s room. He didn’t have to wait long.

Amber Lynn Portnoy turned the corner to enter the hallway. She was a mess. She was having problems focusing on her class work and her singing. All she could do was to think about Mark Samuels. When he had knocked on their door last night, Amber saw that it was Mark, when she looked through the peep hole. Both she and Alexis did not respond. Alexis was relieved, but puzzled when Amber did not answer the door, and then when she admitted to Alexis that couldn’t see Mark. After a few uncomfortable minutes, Alexis confessed to Amber that she was in love with Mark. Amber saw the pity in Alexis’ eyes and then she confessed that she was in love with Mark too. Instead of being angry with each other, they rushed to each other’s arms and hugged. That night they both lay in Amber’s bed and comforted each other as they cried themselves to sleep. In the morning, they both acknowledged that something was wrong with them and they didn’t know what to do. They did both agree that they were not ready to see Mark, as he did not love them yet.

As Amber opened the door, Mark stepped out from across the hallway and walked in behind her. “Mark!” shrieked Amber in a combination of fear and anguish.

“Amber, please relax. I just want to talk to you.”

As Mark walked toward her, she began to cower and the pain in her eyes became palpable. As he came upon her, he felt a wave of sadness hit him like a ton of bricks and he began to cry. When Amber saw Mark crying, her tears started to flow. Soon they were both sobbing, as they grabbed each other in a comforting embrace.

“Amber, I’m so sorry!” Mark sobbed into her shoulder.

“It’s not your fault! I’m just not good enough for you!” she wailed.

“Of course you are, darling!” Mark vowed. “Something is affecting us right now. I think it’s affecting Alexis too.”

“It is!” confirmed Amber as tears continued to stream down her cheeks.

“I just want you to know that I will do everything I can to fix what’s wrong with you and Alexis, so you can both go back to being normal.”

Amber then really began to sob. Her body became wracked with fear and abject misery, as she shook. “Amber, what’s wrong?” said a panicked Mark as he too felt a wave of fear and anxiety sweep though him.

“I… don’t want… you fix…” cried Amber almost unintelligibly.

“What, Amber?” as he began to hold Amber tighter.

“Don’t want to be fixed! I… want you to take me!”

“Amber?” Mark asked again.

“I want to be yours forever! Alexis wants it too” cried Amber desperately trying to make herself understood.

Mark thought about it and he realized that he wanted to make Amber and Alexis his too. When he came to that way of thinking, he felt a sense of calm begin to come over him. “Don’t worry Amber. I want to make you and Alexis mine’ said Mark soothingly, as he began to stroke the back of her neck.

“You do?” asked Amber Lynn in a voice that was becoming steadier and her tears reduced in number and volume.

“I do!” affirmed Mark. I’m not sure how to do it, but I will.”

Mark looked at Amber and saw how beautiful she looked in her sorrow, but he felt no lust. Part of him just wanted to sweep her off her feet and make love to her, but he was not sure if it would hurt her more than it would help. Instead he gave her a sweet kiss on the forehead and held her tightly in his arms for a few minutes, until he had convinced her that he was telling the truth.

When they both calmed down, Amber had a peaceful look in her redden, tear stained eyes. She knew that Mark was not rejecting her. She was not his yet, but she began to feel that she would be his soon, and she would do anything to make that happen. He left her with a sweet kiss on the lips and walked to the cafeteria to meet the others. When Alexis returned to the room, Amber told her what happened. Both girls were able to exchange muted smiles as Alexis cried a few hopeful tears. At least the despair, if not the worry, was gone for now.

As Mark walked to the caf, his cell rang. It was Elsie, who had invited Mark and the rest of her new sisters over to the house. She had confirmed that her soon to be ex-husband was already on his way to Palo Alto, California, so the house would be theirs for the weekend starting tonight. She also had a surprise for them.

When he got to the table with his tray he saw Amy, Fern, Sarah, Kelly and Marcus at the table. After they all exchanged greetings, Marcus tossed out “So, you didn’t waste any time adding to your harem, did you?”

Mark waited for a sly or cocky comment to come out of Fern’s mouth, but all she did was blush with downcast eyes. “Fern, if you don’t say something to that, I’ll have Amy beat you” laughed Mark.

Fern lifted her eyes and began to laugh. “Yuck it up, laughing boy. Marcus, I know a real man when I see one, and I ain’t looking at you.” said Fern smiling at Mark, as he, Marcus and the others laughed.

“That’s my Fern” said Mark. “So roomie, where are Trish, Monique and Angie.

“Well my cousin and Blondie left early for volleyball practice, as far as Angie is concerned, until this necklace mess is cleared up, I’m not letting you within a hundred feet of my woman” said Marcus. “I don’t blame you there, brother” said Mark. Just to let you all know; Elsie has invited us all over to her house tonight. We will leave after Tricia and Monique get back from practice. Little did Mark and his friends know that their actions were being observed.

Pete Hunter had just gotten his food and he began to look around to see if he knew anyone to sit with. He looked over at the far corner of the cafeteria and his eyes opened in surprise. He saw the oddest group of people sitting together. He knew most of them pretty well. Although they were somewhat interconnected, he could not imagine them all hanging out together, and having a good time.

Pete was an RA in the freshman dorm for the past two years. As a junior at Sanders, he had been pretty good friends with Mark Samuels since freshman year and knew Marcus Tibbs pretty well, as Marcus was Mark’s old roommate. He knew Amy Huang, who briefly played in his Call of Cthulu campaign last year and his ex, Fern, who still played. He knew Sarah Pederson; the hot English chick was an RA at Hill Hall, though he didn’t recognize the smaller girl.

As Pete got his drink, he not only thought about this strange grouping, but about Mark in particular. Pete had heard several weird things about Mark on campus. Someone told Pete that it looked like Mark finally hooked up with Trish Winthrop last weekend. Interestingly enough, Pete had hooked up with his own blonde bombshell this past weekend, when he boned Amber Lynn Portnoy. While Pete was kind of a dog and was cute in a nerdy way, he was shocked that just a few beers enabled him to get into her pants. She was way out of his league. Amber, of course had not returned any of his calls this week, so he wasn’t surprised at her lack of interest in him. What was really weird was that another rumor had Mark involved with Amy, who was a lesbian, so he wasn’t sure what to make of all of this.

Pete walked over toward the table. He heard some laughing and all of a sudden it got quiet.

“Hey guys, can I join you?” asked Pete amicably

“Sure, Pete” said Mark friendly enough.

“We are almost done though” added Amy.

“Hey Fern” greeted Pete.

“Hey Pete” said Fern in a subdued voice.

“So Fern, you stoked for the game on Sunday? I plan to put you guys through your paces” said Pete eagerly, between mouthfuls of potato and meatloaf.

“I’m not sure if I can make it” said Fern somberly.

“What?” asked a surprised Pete. Fern rarely missed a game, even after they broke up last year.

“Amy and I are working together on an Anthro project” replied Fern.

“C’mon, bring Amy and play for a few hours. You can work on the project after the game. Maybe Amy can convince Samuels to play. I think I have a couple of NPCs that you guys can run.”

Both Amy and Fern looked at Mark, who kind of nodded. Pete noticed this. “OK. I’ll play” said Fern.

“I’ll start working on the ground work for the project, while you have your fun” said Amy

“I’d love to join you, old buddy, but Marcus and I have plans” said Mark.

“The Eagles-Cowboys game” added Marcus.

Mark and Marcus were not lying as Mark was a Dallas fan. As Marcus was from just outside of Philadelphia, he was a huge Eagles fan. Every football season they waged what became known as the “battle of roommate supremacy”, based on the outcome of the game (or games when the teams met twice while school was in session).

“I forgot that you guys did that” said Pete as he took another bite out of his meatloaf.

After a few more minutes of small talk, Sarah and Kelly picked up their trays and Marcus, Amy and Fern followed suit. As Mark was about to pick up his tray, Pete asked “Hey Mark, could you stick around for a few minutes. I’m almost done and there’s something I need to talk to you about.”

Everyone looked at Mark and he nodded. “Hey guys, I’ll meet you back at Hill Hall in about ten minutes” said Mark; as the friends parted company and exchanged goodbyes.

“So what’s up?” asked Mark.

“I was about to ask you the same question” replied Pete as he continued to eat.

“I don’t know what you mean” stated Mark.

“Don’t go all Midwestern farm boy on me, bro. Your Jedi Mind tricks won’t work on me” said Pete.

Mark laughed nervously. He knew Pete suspected something. While he liked Pete, because of his nature, he did not feel he could trust him. Pete fancied himself as a “player” when it came to girls. If Pete ever got his hands on the necklace, who knows what he might be capable of doing. In reality, Mark did not have as much to worry about as he thought, but he would find that out later. Still, through his actions, the necklace would end up having a huge impact on Pete’s life, and the life of someone that Pete knew.

In the meantime, Mark decided to come up with a plausible story. While the story was practically complete fiction, he knew he needed to make it as believable as possible, as Pete was no dummy.

“OK, spill it Hunter. What do you want to know?” asked Mark.

Pete looked at his friend. He knew Mark pretty well. Still there was something different about him. He was always a pretty sharp guy under the “ah shucks” personae, still there was a quiet confidence that he had never seen before. For some reason, Pete believed that something important was going on and due to his curious nature he needed to find out what it was. I’ll try the direct route hoping to catch him off guard, he thought. “I will ask you some true or false questions, but feel free to elaborate if you wish.”

“OK” said Mark.

“I heard you hooked up with Trish Winthrop. Is it true?” stated Pete.

“True” said Mark.

“I also heard you hooked up with Amy Huang. Is that true?” continued Pete.

“False” lied Mark.

“Are involved with Fern?” asked Pete.

“False” lied Mark again.

“OK, why were Amy and Fern acting so weird with you? Why were the others at the table so quiet? Why did you all stop laughing when I came over?” asked Pete aggressively

“OK, those are not true or false questions” laughed Mark.

Pete still looked angry, so Mark started his story. As stories go, he thought this one was pretty good, but he hoped that it would be good enough to fool Pete, at least for now. “OK, I guess I’m going to have to confide in you about something.”

Pete softened. At last the truth, he thought.

Mark hated to lie, but circumstances forced him. “Last weekend, Trish and I finally got together”

“That is great, buddy! I know you have been hot for her since freshman year” congratulated Pete.

“Thanks. While it was great news for us, it would be really weird for Amy if she found out.” mentioned Mark.

“You haven’t told her?” asked Pete.

“Let’s just say there is some history there” said Mark.

“Yeah, Fern told me that Amy had been hot for Trish since freshman year too” conceded Pete. “Still, you won’t be able to keep it a secret forever.”

“I know, but we feel that we need to keep it quiet for a little while longer” said Mark.

“Why”

“Because Amy is going through a tough time lately. Her parents want her to transfer to another school that’s in Frisco and she hates her family. You know that Trish and I consider Amy to be one of our best friends, so we are trying to spearhead an effort to keep her at Sanders. Since this is a big job, we decided to enlist some of Amy’s other friends to help. We know Fern is a good friend of hers as is Marcus and his girlfriend Angie. Sarah is her RA and Kelly Hardcastle, who lives on her floor, are also friends of hers. We were having a little strategy session when you got to the table. We just had come up with some ideas, so we were all pretty happy with ourselves” Mark prevaricated.

Pete thought about what his friend was saying and it had the ring of truth. They must have been talking about all of this before he got to the table and then naturally shut up to protect Amy’s privacy when Pete arrived.

“Sorry bro, I didn’t want to make a federal case out of it. It just seemed that everybody was acting kind of weird.” apologized Pete

“No problem. Please just keep this about Amy on the DL. Also, the me and Trish thing, as Amy is going through a lot now. We really need to help her get through this mess before springing our relationship on her” pleaded Mark

“Better watch the PDA stuff with Trish until you’re ready to tell Amy” laughed Pete.

“Yeah” said Mark. “I thought we were being discreet, but I guess we had one slip” Mark picked up his tray. “Gotta run. Thanks Pete.” he added.

“You got it Samuels. Just let me know if there is anything I can do” responded Pete.

“I think we have it under control. We just need you to keep our secret” reiterated Mark.

“You can count on me, pal. Later.” said Pete

“Bye” said Mark.

As Pete looked at Mark as he left, something about his story seemed odd. The women, particularly Amy and Fern, were acting very submissive toward him. This was definitely not Amy’s personality, nor the one that Fern would display in public. Still, while Mark was a clever guy, he was also honest. He would never have been able to have lied so calmly; even if he had decided to lie about this. Pete decided that he would take his friend at face value, at least for now.

Mark returned to Hill Hall. He took a moment to personally comfort Alexis and to talk to Amber Lynn a little more. He sweetly kissed both girls, before crossing the hall to Tricia and Amy’s room. Amy and Marcus were waiting as Fern was reading through some of Marcus’ findings concerning the necklace.

“I’m definitely thinking Egypt based on what I’ve seen of Egyptian artifacts” said Fern.

“That would make sense based upon what I’ve found. By its size, it would be something worn by a female” added Marcus.

“True. The amulet is fairly small. If it were meant to be worn by a man, it would have been a bigger amulet” said Amy.

As Mark walked in, everybody stopped talking. “Don’t stop on my account” said Mark.

You guys sound like you are making progress. Now I can see why I’m paying you guys the big bucks”

“I know what Fern and I are getting, but I’m not sure what you’re giving the basketball player” winked Amy.

“Some of us don’t need to be screwed just to help a friend” laughed Marcus, as Fern laughed too.

“OK. Guys when I walked in we were in Egypt with a female piece of jewelry” reminded Mark, to get them back on task and to spare Amy’s bruised ego.

“Judging by the appearance of the amulet and the flawless nature of the stone, only wealthy women would wear such a piece” said Amy.

“The big problem is we have no idea what the stone in the middle of the amulet is” replied Fern.

“I thought it might be a piece of amber colored quartz, but that would be unlikely for the region and time. There is also no way a piece of quartz could have such shiny a finish and have such clarity” agreed Marcus.

“It could be a diamond” added Mark.

“It’s possible, but because of the color, clarity and finish, it would’ve been very rare” agreed Marcus.

“Whatever it is, there’s no disputing that it has powerful magic properties” said Fern.

Everybody looked at the normally skeptical Marcus, but he just shrugged. “I don’t doubt it. I know that it changed Angie; not necessarily for the worse, but in some ways she is very different after she wore the necklace”

“I suspect we’ve all been changed by the necklace in some way or another” mentioned Mark.

“Obviously some of us more than others” laughed Amy.

As the facts began to hit a dead end, the group realized that they probably needed to get some scientific information to continue their research, so they agreed to suspend further talk until Marcus could get some lab time next week or the week after to try to date the amulet and test the density of the gem. Amy and Fern would continue to look into Egyptian legends to see if they could find anything useful. Marcus left to catch up with Angie, just as Trish and Monique returned. Elsie had called Trish to give her directions to the house. Fern agreed to drive her car too. Monique left to round up Sarah and Kelly. Fern had been sensing something about Mark and some things about her and felt she needed to talk to him in private.

“Mark, could you drive with me? I need to talk to you about something” asked Fern.

“Sure. Everybody else should be able to fit in Tricia’s car” agreed Mark.

As they got into the car and started to follow Tricia’s car, Fern looked at Mark. “I’ve been feeling kind of strange when I’m around you” said Fern.

“Me too. Wanna make out?” laughed Mark.

“Of course I do, but that’s not what I meant” said Fern. I don’t know if you’re aware of this, but since I’ve become yours, I have sensed strong magic in you”

“What?” asked Mark.

“At first I thought it was just the necklace, but even when we were making love with Amy and I didn’t have it on, I could feel that you were somehow enchanted” confirmed Fern.

“If so, it’s still probably due to the necklace” reasoned Mark.

“Maybe. But I actually felt more magic coming from you than I did from the necklace” added Fern.

“That hardly seems possible” said Mark.

“I can only tell you what I felt” said Fern. Fern also felt something else about herself that perplexed her when she became his. She possessed an overwhelming desire to mate with him, and that made her curious. “Mark, I don’t mean to pry but may I ask you something about your love life prior to the necklace”.

“You’re probably referring to my lack of a love life” laughed Mark.

“What?” asked Fern.

“Let’s just say that I hadn’t been all that sexually active”

“That’s surprising” stated Fern.

“Why?” asked Mark.

“Don’t get all modest on me. You’re an attractive guy” commented Fern.

“C’mon Fern, that’s the necklace talking” laughed Mark.

“Mark, while you were not really my type, I thought you were pretty damn cute, even before I put the necklace on” stated Fern.

“Mark was kind of shocked, but lately he had been feeling more confident. He remembered how Fern was engaging in banter with him while they were looking at the necklace. He though back to what Trish, Monique and Amy had said about always loving him or being attracted to him. The rush of clarity made him dizzy. After a pause, he regrouped and responded. “Am I your type now?” he smiled.

“Of course, Master” she smiled back.

“You called me ‘Master’” complained Mark.

“Sorry, I couldn’t help myself, Master” laughed Fern.

“You did it again!” laughed Mark.

This running joke went on for about minute as they continued to giggle, until Fern had to stop because she was laughing too hard to control the car. Fern forced herself to get serious. “You know sexy, I was just thinking. Before I put on the necklace, I thought that perhaps I’d misjudged you. I thought you were kind of a boring guy before today, but I think we might have been flirting while we were looking at the necklace” said Fern.

“I was just thinking the same thing” agreed Mark.

Fern decided to get back to her original question. “OK, we both agree that you’re just too sexy for yourself. What about before the necklace. Did you ever have unprotected sex?” asked Fern.

“No... wait. I had sex with my girlfriend Karen senior year in high school. We usually used condoms, but not the first time. Karen was my girlfriend for almost three weeks at the end of my senior year. She was a junior. She was kind of seeing the captain of the basketball team Tim Wellmeyer, but they broke up. Karen knew me because I was a scrub on the team. There were only four seniors on the team and I was the only one without a date to the prom. That’s why I believe that she targeted me. Anyway, she came over to my house originally telling me that she needed help with Geometry. When we were sitting on my bed looking at a theorem, all of a sudden she told me that I was cute and kissed me. I remember at first the kiss was sort of sweet. Then it seemed to get really passionate and then we were taking off our clothes. She seemed to get pissed when I told her that I didn’t have a condom. She then told me it didn’t matter. I tried to stop her, but then she told me that she was on protection and not to worry. She pulled me down on top of her, and we had passionate sex. After that, she bought a bunch of condoms. She said she wanted to avoid STDs.”

“She was lying” said Fern under her breath.

”What?” asked Mark.

“Please just tell me the rest of the story” said Fern.

“Anyway, we went to her prom that weekend. Then we went to my prom, which was a couple of weeks later. A couple of days after that she stopped calling me and wouldn’t return my calls. Tim said that he had heard that she was through with me. I never saw her again. A friend of mine thought she just went out with me to go to the prom. Since Karen had the reputation that she slept around, I began to think that she really wasn’t that into me. I thought his theory made sense” said Mark.

“I think that there’s more to it than that” said Fern.

“What do you mean?” asked Mark.

“May I speak freely, Master?”

“Not this ‘Master’ stuff again? Fern, you may always speak freely, my love” said Mark.

“Your lack of confidence and your stoic nature have blinded you to the way people really feel about you. You’re bright, kind, considerate, always willing to give love and you’re an attractive man. You’ve probably always been that way. The problem is that I don’t believe that you know that!” exclaimed Fern.

Mark had never heard those words in that kind of a context from anyone before. Sure, after his lovers had worn the necklace, they had told Mark about how wonderful he was, but Mark had originally thought that the necklace had made them feel that way about him, regardless of what they said. While Fern had worn the necklace like the others, for the first time Mark actually believed that they all may have been right about him. Perhaps he had been oblivious to his outward and inside attractiveness, he thought. Still, he did not understand the context concerning Karen. “So how does this relate to Karen MacMillan?” asked Mark.

“I’m not sure. Maybe it does. Maybe it doesn’t. Just understand that between your personality, your appearance and perhaps your innate magical abilities, you have an incredible power to shape people’s lives either positively or negatively.”

“But the necklace…”

“I’m not talking about the necklace” interrupted Fern as she pulled up behind Tricia’s car and parked behind her. They were at Elsie’s place.