The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Jessica’s Dangerous Games

Parts Five & Six

by Jeanne Brannesecca, April 2001

-Part Five-

Joe was silent as he drove. He pushed a cassette tape into it’s slot and Arabian music came out of the speakers. Jessica watched the road in front; the rythm of the streetlights passing and the drums made her feel relaxed and warm. They seemed to be on the way to her apartment. When they continued past Johnson street Jessica became mildly alarmed, and yet she didn’t speak.

After awhile Joe finally spoke. “Give me your wallet.”

Jessica looked around for her purse, but it wasn’t there.

“In your bag, in the back seat.”

Of course. She had put her money in the bag with her purse. She leaned back letting the jacket fall down and got the leather billfold out and then handed it to Joe who took it with his free hand without looking at her.

Why had she done that, just because he had asked her to?

Twenty minutes later the car stopped in front of a Motel. Joe got out and left Jessica in the still running car, the music surrounding her from multiple speakers. The seats were crimson and faux suede. Joe returned and shut the engine and the music off, then went around to open the door for her. He waved the same glass vial he’d used to wake her under her nose. She inhaled deeply, drawn to the odor, just as she had been so many times in her apartment.

“How do you feel?” he asked her.

She looked at him blankly, “safe, secure.”

“Good.” He offered his hand and she took it. She stood, barefoot in her elaborate dance costume in the gravel of the Motel parking lot. She was surprised she didn’t feel colder. Joe locked the door behind her and then reached his arms behind her and caused her to fall with a slight gasp into them as he lifted her. The strangest warm shiver ran through her, but a tear rolled down one cheek. The door to one of the rooms was open. Jessica felt a sudden forboding but couldn’t seem to speak or to move. The warmth of Joe’s breath was on her neck.

He lay her down on the bed. There was another man in the room. It was Azura’s step father, Mr. Rashad. They were talking in Arabic. Though she couldn’t understand it she knew they were talking about her. They were both looking at her as they spoke. Mr. Rashad leaned forward, she saw those kind looking wrinkles around his eyes, and spoke softly near her ear. She didn’t know what he was saying but she began to feel very sleepy. She was no longer worried about what was happening to her and closed her eyes.

* * *

“Jessica, I need you to answer a few questions for me truthfully. Will you speak only the truth to me?”

It was Joe’s voice. “Yes,” she heard herself responding.

“Good girl. What do you think of Devon?”

“I don’t know anymore. I hated him for so long, and now I’m not sure what to think. I’m confused.”

“Devon has been hypnotising and drugging you. He is lying about you to other people in order to get you back. He wants to make a slave of you. He kept a key to your apartment and would enter at night and then make you forget. Now, what do you think of Devon?”

“I hate him!” she replied, furious remembering his manipulations.

“Good. That’s good that you feel that way. You are right about Devon. What do you feel about how Devon tried to fool you about Hassam, Azura’s baby?”

“Azura’s...? I think it’s terrible that he could use an innocent baby, someone else’s baby, to try to appeal to me. That’s awful!”

“Good. You are right to think that way. I understand, remember that. You can relax now, I will protect you from Devon. How do you feel about me Jessica?”

Jessica relaxed. “I think you’re a good man, you’ve helped me to escape. I trust you because you know that Devon has been lying to everyone.”

“Good girl. You know that I will protect you, if I can. That I understand and will take care of you. Don’t you?”

“Yes.”

“Good. You’re a very good girl Jessica.” Jessica felt all the tension leave her body. She felt safe as she listened to Joe’s voice and smiled. It thrummed deeply inside her mind. She stopped paying much attention to whatever it was he was saying to her now, she just liked to hear his voice, carressing her, like hands on her skin. A repetitious cadence, stroking her in the most intimate places.

* * *

five or six days later, Jessica sat waiting in an almost empty airport restaurant at the counter with a cup of decaf in front of her. Joe was going to be back soon. She wanted him to be finished with the business, whatever it was, with the dark eyed stranger. She smiled thinking of him, and blushed a little. She liked the way his reddish-brown hair stood up slightly, sort of rumpled and boyish. She also liked the way his beard drove her crazy tickiling and itching her skin at the same time. He had only just told her that his middle name was Joe, but that his first name was Noel and she would try to call him that now as he preferred it.

She was going to be flying to Ireland, a place she had always wanted to see, and now that Joe, or Noel, had cured her fear of flying she was eager.

“Allright madame,” Jessica heard him say from behind and turned, he was standing in the restaurant entrance with his arm out waiting suggestively for her. She grabbed her bag and ran to him. He was quite stocky and she loved to put her arm around him and smell the cologne she liked so much.

“Tell me more about home, Noel,” she quietly begged him. She loved the sound of his voice.

“Well, there’s a nice big room fer you to dance in. I often invite some of my mates over, you know, for a few drinks. You’re not shy are you?”

Actually she was, but Jessica shook her head no anyway.

They were at the customs counter. Jessica produced her passport from her gym bag. Someone in the distance shouted her name angrily. She smiled imagining some little girl named Jessica having gotten into trouble.

The customs agent looked annoyed. Suddenly a breathless Karen was coming up to them.

“Karen? What are you doing here?” Jessica asked and looked at Noel who seemed to be nervous.

“Jessica, what are you doing?”

Noel stepped between them. “Now madame, your friend doesn’t need to see you making a scene. She’s made her own mind up and is leaving with me.”

“Who are you? Never mind, this woman doesn’t even know her own mind. Jessica, you’re married to Devon, and you have a son!”

Jessica wanted to curl up into a ball on the floor again. Eric, Karen’s husband had also come and stood beside his wife. “She’s telling the truth Jessica.”

“And who asked you two to stick your noses in where they don’t belong?” Noel rumbled and began swearing at them in Gaelic.

A security officer approached and Noel picked up his bag and walked briskly in the other direction. Jessica looked after him not knowing if she should follow. She took a few steps in that direction until Eric and Karen held her back. She looked from them to the security officer who was speaking into a walkie-talkie.

“Everything starting to sort out here folks?” the security man asked politely, worried by the look of fear on Jessica’s face.

“You’ll have to ask her that, we need to keep her from running away.” Jessica looked at Karen in astonishment hearing her say this. Was everyone going crazy? Was she?

“Well miss?”

All Jessica could do was cry. Eric picked up her bag and they walked her over to one of the seating areas.

Karen was still angry at her as she spoke, “You’ve got to pull yourself together Jessie!”

Suddenly Jessica felt angry. She looked at Karen clearly, frowning, her eyes narrowed. “You want me to go back to that monster? That liar? You’re the ones who’ve been fooled, all of you! I never married Devon, nor had a baby!”

The security officer brought Jessica’s passport and handed it back to her. “The police will want to talk to you Mrs. Matthews, when they arrive.”

“Thank you,” Eric spoke for Jessica.

Jessica began to speak again when Karen interrupted her as well. “Our friend is not quite herself just now, luckily we arrived in time.”

“Now just wait a minute!” Jessica practically shouted and stood up, “I’m looking forward to seeing the police, so they can straighten all of this out.” She turned to Karen and Eric. “Maybe then you’ll leave me alone. And where is Noel... you know, Joe?”

Jessica looked around, scanning for a sign of her lover in his grey overcoat.

Karen took her arm as the security man spoke again into the walkie-talkie. Then he turned to them again. “The police have had the father for some time, and they’ll have his son and this Noel person soon as well hopefully.”

Quietly Karen spoke to her “Look Jess, look at your passport, can’t you read that? Jessica Matthews, Mrs. Jessica Matthews.” Karen held it open and at her eye level.

Jessica felt suddenly dizzy and nauseated. She looked briefly, enough to see somehow her name was wrong. “No! Jessica Tonelli! Miss... Jessica... Tonelli...” She sat down again, clutching her blue jacket as she felt suddenly chilled.

* * *

The security officer had lead them to a private room past some counters. Eric had brought Jessica some coffee but she wasn’t able to drink any. Her mouth tasted awful and she was still shaking a little.

Devon and his uncle arrived while the police were speaking to Karen and Eric. Jessica was curled up on one of the oversized chairs in the private area, her mind seemed stuck and she was unable to think much at all. Devon looked at her with real alarm in his face and took her hand in his. “This has all been a terrible mistake Jess, if I’d known what Joe and his step-father had been doing, I’d have protected you.” Jessica didn’t respond at all to his touch or his words. “Damn, what have they done to you? Is this why you ran from me, and denied reality? I’m sorry I tried to solve things by force. I should have... I don’t know what I should have done. If only I had known what Yosef had been doing.”

He leaned in closer and whispered. “I promise you I’ll do everything I can to fix what’s happened. Can you hear me hon? Please?”

But Jessica’s ears ignored him, and her eyes gazed into emptiness, and only vaguely did she know he was even there, holding her.

* * *

Back at the Rashad house the next day Jessica lay on the four poster bed in the room she had never spent an undisturbed night in it before. Azura had helped dress her in a flannel gown and brought her soup the other night. She’d even started to spoon fed her until she took the bowl away from her. Somehow she’d managed to smile when her friend laughed.

The sun came in strongly through the sheer under-curtains of the windows now. Jessica frowned. She got up. In the dresser she found underclothes and put them on. In the closet was her bag with the white jeans and a pale blue tank top. She put them on, grabbed her purse and started angrily downstairs. Azura heard her on the stairs and came out of the baby’s room. With little Sam still in her arms lying on a towel on her shoulder, she followed after her friend.

“Jessica stop! Please don’t try to leave just now!” she called rather loudly.

Jessica turned on her heel and glared at her fiercely. “Don’t you tell me what to do!” Had the baby not been there Jessica thought she might like to physically attack Azura in some way.

Azura was afraid, afraid to use force on her friend after all she had been through. “I will, we need to talk! You can’t leave when you’re unwell.” She was tempted to use the Arabic command she knew would calm Jessica, but knew if she did all hope of her ever trusting her again might be lost. If only Devon would return and overhear.

“Azura? Is Jessica going to be okay now?” Karima asked coming into the hall from the kitchen to Jessica’s right.

“Not yet honey, her mind is still hurt. She needs rest and help to understand what has happened.”

Jessica looked at the girl’s bright innocent eyes and her anger began to evaporate a little.

“Then she can move back downstairs with us, and Hassam too?”

Jessica looked at Azura again, question written in her eyes. “Well? Allright then Azura. Explain. Explain to me what has been happening to me these last few months!” Jessica was almost screaming at her now. “Tell me!”

“Oh Jessica, I wish I could, I really do. All I can promise is that if you stay nobody will hurt you, and that all of your questions will be answered.” The baby began to cry and Azura had to rock and lightly jostle him on her shoulder while continuing. “I know everything must seem... crazy to you. Please stay, help is—”

Tears ran down Jessica’s cheeks. Azura managed to hand the crying baby to Karima. And ran to embrace Jessica. She whispered in her ear the phrase she knew to have a calming influence. She repeated it three times before Jessica had regained enough composure to be talked to further in English. “Forgive me, I didn’t want to do that to you. Not after the way you’ve been so misused. If you were to know all that has happened we worry it might be too much for you. I don’t even really know all that has happened.” Azura decided to tell Jessica more of what she knew as she held her sobbing in her arms. “The police have Joe and we don’t want them to know about all he and my step-father have done. They both have exerted tremendous pressure upon you and distorted reality. We thought it was something wrong with you before. We didn’t know what they had been doing all the time as you became more and more rebellious. Now I’m afraid you won’t trust me, or anyone. I’m so sorry this has happened.”

After awhile Jessica stopped sobbing and looked up at Azura. “I think I must be going crazy! I can’t stand much more. Can I trust you? Can I?”

Azura hugged her friend closely, “I swear you can. If after you are back to how you should be, if that’s even possible... oh Jessica, I don’t know what to tell you really! I can’t tell you to trust me or Devon. I wish I hadn’t played along with what we assumed was your fantasy for so long. I’ll do everythng I can to make things right, even if it won’t be enough.” She knew there were some things she just could not tell Jessica, she was just not in her right mind yet. Even before there had been some tension between them over the one time sharing of Devon. How could they even deal with that now? Or the truth about Hassam? How many ways could Joe and her step-father have twisted things? It was a terrible thing to imagine.

Mrs. Rashad came out slowly, with a very sad expression on her face. She had been shaken by recent events as well. Her new husband and her first child had betrayed her. She took the baby from Karima and shushed him from crying. “Come Jessica, come into the inner chambers again. Mari will make us some tea. We can do some things without men I think.”

-Part Six-

In the room of curtained chambers were two other young women. Mrs. Rashad continued speaking, her accent somehow comforting Jessica. She handed little Sam to Mari whom Jessica knew from dance class. “Now what would you like to know Jessica? That seems the best way.”

“Why not introduce me?” she offered shyly, indicating the girl she had not yet met.

“Oh.” Mrs. Rashad seemed surprised, and the others looked worried. “This is Azura’s cousin, my sister’s daughter, Jasmine.” Jasmine smiled weakly at Jessica and then sat down on one of the high cushions which surrounded an small black octagon table. “Mari is a girl who we took in after she was fired by a wealthy family in Cairo. You have met her before I believe...?”

“Yes, I do know Mari.” Mari had left the room with the baby.

Azura sat down on the other side of her. “Well, we don’t really know what you know and what you don’t. You have met Jasmine before.”

Jasmine spoke. “Yes Jessica, we met last October when...”

Azura put up a hand and shot a warning glance to her cousin. “We should do this at Jessica’s pace, let her ask the quaestions.”

Jasmine lowered her eyes. “Sorry, I didn’t think. Jessica, can I tell you though that I am not... controlled... by anyone in any way. Nor is Mari, or Karima. At least as far as I know.”

Hearing her name Karima jumped forward. “Yosef tried, but he couldn’t make me believe in things he said.”

Azura put her hand forward and touched Jessica’s arm. “As far as we can tell you are particularly suggestable. I could see you go into a trance when you would dance, but never realized this was something caused by my brother.”

“What’s going to happen to Joe?” Jessica struggled to suppress the feelings she had for him which were still mixed up with the Irish man. She was ashamed.

“The police will have to release him. That is why you need to stay here, it’s the only place where you can be protected. Even though we failed so badly to protect you before.”

Suddenly as if on cue there was a loud bang from the front of the house. The women all crouched to the floor. Joe stood in a doorway. “Jessica! Come here!” he bellowed.

Jessica almost sprang to obey but managed to stop herself somehow. She turned to see he had a small knife in his hand. “Now!”

Jessica shakily got to her feet and ran crouching to his side. She was terrified and afraid of making him angry.

He grabbed her arm with one hand and backed out with the knife held up, back toward the group. “Please, no!” she whimpered.

“Shut up. You’ll do as you’re told. I’m rescuing you from these evil people for good.”

“No. Wait. What about that other man, you made me think he was you!”

“There’s no time. I’ll explain it all once we’re out of here, now get into the car,” he added something in Arabic and pushed her. She ran to the car still running on the street in front of the house. A neighbors was looking at her from the windows of a neighboring home. Mr. Rashad was in the back seat with his arms out towards her.

“No, stop! Jessica! Stop!” It was Karen standing with three men half a block away.

Jessica stopped. looked back, but Joe was upon her quickly and shoving her toward the waiting car, swearing. Suddenly from behind him Devon appeared, his arms around Joe’s throat and one hand restaining the one holding the knife. “You will leave my wife alone, coward!”

The knife fell and Jessica picked it up. and backed away from the two struggling forms. Mr. Rashad had gotten into the front seat of the car and closed the door. He drove off at high speed making a loud noise. Devon had his hands full with Joe until Eric, Mr. Ramzy, and a detective had managed to get to the lawn. The detective held a gun toward Joe and he stopped struggling.

“Wait!” Devon held a hand up to the man with the gun. He turned to Jessica. “Ask him now. Ask him what he’s been doing, how he’s been lying to you. Playing with your mind.” Jessica realized Devon was trying to give her a chance she might not have again, even if it meant risking exposing existance of ‘the power’ to the police man. She didn’t trust him, but she asked Joe what she needed to.

Joe merely spit toward her. “I’ve had a dozen women better than you bitch. The only reason I wanted you was to hurt them... my mother, sister, uncle and him!” He grimaced at Devon. “Part of you will always belong to me Jessica.” He spoke a name in Arabic and Jessica curled up in humilation on the lawn. Suddenly she remembered every detail of how she had let Joe into her apartment. How she had been his slave many times, and how he had made her think it had been Devon. She had served him willingly, exposed herself to him in such detail, her thoughts, her fantasies. She had been having problems with Devon, he had been doing something to her mind as well, trying to force it into what he wanted, and she had fought him. Joe had used that and built upon it.

She had nothing to live for now, nobody to turn to, and she couldn’t stand to have anyone look at her! She felt so much disgust for herself and hatred for everyone she wanted to explode. “Yes! You see, you have no friends.” Joe was ranting at her as he was taken away. “You wanted it Jessica, and I gave it to you!”

Karen had played along with Devon, and Azura; how could they? Karen had lead her back to Azura and thus to the family through the dance classes. They were all in on it. Something had happened and they’d wiped it out even Mari was in on it. Jessica slowly uncurled and rose now, angry. Joe was being pushed into a car. Devon had waited, crouched beside his wife.

Yes, they had been married, but something had happened, and Joe had erased it from her mind. Something that must have happened shortly after she had moved into the house on a trail basis.

She glared at him. He stood and met her eyes. “And what did you do to my mind?” she hissed.

“I was wrong.” He hung his head briefly and then returned her glare. “I know that now, now that someone evil has taken advantage of it. I am responsible, but I’m the only one who can help you. This has all gone terribly wrong Jessie, and I’m so very very sorry. I wish I had known. You’ve been hurt terribly. If you hadn’t behaved so childishly. Those games of yours became quite dangerous.”

Jessica heard what he said, but none of it made much sense. “What? What did I do? Is that what you took from me?”

“Not out here, please.” He tried to lead her toward the house. The women were dimly visible inside the house just far enough from the doorway that they could not easily be seen. She looked at Azura.

“No. Tell me here.”

“Very well. I would that you could remember more gently, I can only hope that on top of what Yosef has done this doesn’t destroy you.” He looked at her solemnly, disappointed, before continuing. “You became crazy, a nymphomaniac, you had a collection of men chasing after you and you liked it, encouraged it. It made me sick. I think this is what Joe used against you so effectively.”

“I don’t remember any of that...”

“No, because I destroyed the desire in you. But still it came out at times in a different form; hatred of me. You wanted a child badly and I thought that might be the key, so Azura offered to have one for you, knowing you were barren. You were with her as she gave birth. I wish now you had just rejected me then but you didn’t. You kept our old apartment, I did not think that was right. I tried to persuade you to... give yourself to me, completely, according to the laws of Allah. You started to accuse me and mock me. I used all my persuasion, and sometimes we lived as custom and tradition dictate a man and wife would in our apartment. Azura kept her distance.”

Devon sat down on the grass, the afternoon sun still bright. Jessica hesitated but then sat next to him. “I... I made you come back here with me after you had thrown me out of the apartment. I was desperate. It was wrong, I exerted all the influence I could hoping you would take to the life I wanted for us, but you would still resist at times. The more I tried to remake you, the more unstable you would become. And now I find I led you into greater danger here as great as any you might have faced outside the family.” He paused, frowning, his hands in fists. “When you were good you were very pleasing and happy, but at other times you would lash out in hysterics. I was scared, so I thought we could start over again. I finally let you go, resenting me even, but after all I had done I still hoped that after time you’d come back to me. Then the dance classes were a way to keep a connection without you knowing it. A way for me to see you. That seemed luck and I took it as a sign, that you would suddenly have this interest in dance when before you hadn’t. I think now that may have been Joe’s doing. He has many other girls you know, all dancers. Were we so blind to what was going on, or was he and his step-father manipulating everyone?”

Devon lowered his eyes. “Perhaps you know more about what he did to you than I want to know.”

Jessica was exhausted again, but her face flushed. “Oh lord, what a fucking mess,” she managed to say after a long silence. She didn’t swear often but when she did it counted.

“I would have had you return to your apartment yesterday if Joe hadn’t been a threat to you still. If you’d like to now though, you can. I don’t think he’ll be released for a long while anyway. Assualt with a weapon and attempted abduction are pretty serious, and I will say whatever it takes to keep him locked up.” He paused and looked at her with worried eyes.

“He could get out again? You heard what he said, part of me would always be his...”

“That’s something only you can do something about. But I don’t want you on those terms, because you’re afraid. Now... would you like Karen and Eric to take you to the apartment?.”

Jessica nodded, “I think I need some time alone to sort things out.” Devon stood up. Jessica looked up at him trying not to betray any emotion herself. She could see he was fighting tears.

“Very well. I’ll go and bring your things out then. We’ll find someway to help you...” Joe strode away and spoke to Karen and her husband, and then his uncle. Jessica waited.

* * *

The only time Jessica saw Joe again after that was in court two months later. Nothing about ‘the power’ was spoken of there, and it almost seemed like a fiction to her at times. She had managed to go back to work after a month with help from Karen, but it meant little and was just a diversion which she performed robotically. She began to think about what she had gone through as though it had all happened to another person. She’d finally accepted the ‘help’ Devon offered to her even though it involved further trances. He didn’t seem to be doing anything other than undoing what he could. Still, she had to open up to him in detail at times about some humiliating things. He went slowly and cautiously, afraid to hurt her. Still, Devon seemed completely resigned to the fact that he’d destroyed any chance of her remaining his wife. She felt a little guilt over abandoning her husband, and child even though he was never technically or legally hers. Of her self-destructive and thoughtless behaviour with other men. She’d always felt pain over knowing she could never have children of her own and had a complex about it making her pointless, so why not go ahead and have sex with anyone who wanted her? With the foreign commands being removed she was able to see this. Still, it was impossible to work things out with Devon even if she had much less to hate him for than she had thought, wasn’t it?

Still she kept thinking about him, and did not put away their photos. She imagined being part of a family, and not just for protection. If only all that had gone wrong could be erased and fixed and they could try over. Could their marriage work somehow? She had loved Devon once, deeply. In a way he had saved her life, twice. Some of the things he had said about her place being beside him, supporting him, held some resonance and even aroused her. He had been supportive of her once.

The End?