The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Gift

Part II: Pathways

Written by Haepnoteased.

“As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.”

Henry David Thoreau
* * *

Miles and miles passed, but Stephen was too distracted by his own thoughts to notice the warmth of Spring. Every couple of minutes, he found himself losing focus, and would shift in his seat. Anything to stay awake, to avoid the dreams. The incoherent ones did not bother him—one moment walking through a forest, the next sitting in a chair on a cloud. But there were erotic dreams, with women engaging him in physical acts beyond description. He was afraid of those. Were they meant to fill in mental holes dug on a half-forgotten February evening? He had to find the Crossroads again to convince himself of his sanity. There had been several misdirections, exits taken that led somewhere else. Just one more...

When he reached the Crossroads, he closed his eyes and reopened them, just to be sure. Luscious Ladies Lingerie stood unwavering, its scandalous red neon sign flashing. Hazy fiction once again real. Just before he reached for the front door, he noticed the “Closed” sign. He felt both relief and disappointment.

He was about to walk away, when he saw a second sign : “Miss Us? Take One”. He pulled a business card from the paper pocket beneath. “They have a P.O. Box and a telephone number,” he mused. Something to hold onto. He tucked it into his pocket, and started walking back towards his car, but a question tugged at him. He entered the tavern next door. Five minutes later, he emerged, running. He sped away from the Crossroads, home-bound.

* * *

That evening, Stephen sat upright. Another dream. This time, he had been bound to a bed and teased with hundreds of feathers. Delicious shivers gradually became torturous. The women had sought his most sensitive natures. He unsteadily wiped his brow. His ears buzzed, almost to the point of ringing. He tiptoed out of bed, careful not to awaken Elaine, and walked downstairs. The buzzing grew louder, insistent. On impulse, he picked up the phone, and dialed. He would never remember the conversation.

“Thank you for your candidness, Stephen. You may go back to sleep now.” The phone hit the carpet.

* * *

He awoke the next morning to find himself alone. Downstairs he found a note: “Gone on errands. Muffins in the fridge. Love, Elaine. xxxooo”. He opened the fridge and removed juice and muffins. While waiting for the microwave to finish, he turned on the radio.

“.. a wonderful start to this Saturday morning. Expect sunny conditions, with a high of 65. Tonight, clouds will roll in with a chance of storms...”

As he sat to eat, his thoughts drifted back to the Crossroads. The radio faded in and out of awareness.

“.. buy a chicken club sandwich at our drive-through today. You know it’s just cluckin’ good food.”

The muffin no longer appealed. No appetite. He dumped it on the plate and chewed his last bite as he stepped into the family room. He noticed the cordless phone on the floor, and put it back on its charging base. A yawn came on suddenly,and he found himself getting drowsy. “Must not have been such a good night’s sleep, after all” he said out loud. For some reason, he thought he had dreamt, but could not remember. Fuzzy headed, he stretched out on the sofa. His eyes grew droopy and tired, and soon closed. More memories from the Crossroads caught up to him and flashed by.

Danielle was looking directly into his vacant eyes. “Time to find your sensitivities, Stephen. What kinks lie in wait?” She faded away, as his mind skimmed to another memory.

He was squirming on a purple satin sheet that was gliding slick against every inch of his naked body. Someone directed him. “That’s right. Feel it. So smooth.” He gripped the sheet tightly so he could press and grind harder and faster. Suddenly, another image flashed, and he was standing, blindfolded, being turned by three sets of hands. Danielle’s voice clung to his mind. “You are immobilized, Stephen, and only my voice can free you. I will show you a way.”

He was distantly aware of another voice. “Oh, that definitely made him stiff.” Michelle?

“You want to be bound and controlled, not strongly, but perhaps... sensually?” He wanted to answer Danielle’s question, but she stopped him. “Earlier I thought you had a hunger.. for me. I misread, but now I know what you want the most.” Hands pushed at him, and he fell back onto a sofa. The memory of her whispers and the mounting pleasures began to fade. Now he found himself back in daylight, outside the store.

Stephen walked towards the tavern and entered. Today it was busy, filled with customers. A waitress scribbled on a pad, taking orders at one table. Two bartenders held court. Phil, the owner, was nowhere to be seen. Phil was the one he sought. Thinking that he’d show up eventually, Stephen took a seat at the bar, and ordered a burger and a beer. He drank thirstily from his mug, and he did not notice the kitchen door swinging open. When he looked up again, Phil was staring down at him.

“You remember me?", Stephen asked. Phil’s stare grew harsher, making him squirm uncomfortably, but he had to get something off his mind. “You told me not to linger. I should have listened. Something strange happened to me.” Phil’s body went rigid, his knuckles white. A phone began ringing. One of the bartenders picked it up, “Yes, I think he’s right here. Hold on. Stephen?”

The name did not register at first, but slowly Stephen nodded his head. He reached for the receiver, not daring to break eye contact with Phil. The feminine voice from his nightmares said, “Don’t worry Stephen, I’m coming over now.” The phone went dead. His heart skipped a beat.

Phil’s face turned crimson, and he started shouting. “GET OUT! OUT OF MY TAVERN!” He reached below for something. Somebody in the tavern screamed, but Stephen hardly noticed. A pistol was now leveled at his face.

Stephen backed away, then ran for the door. But when he got there, someone was already blocking his escape. Danielle. Her black hair glistened in the sunlight, and danced in the breeze. Her blue eyes, which once pulled, now pushed. She opened the door and drove him back. Knowing what was behind him, he swiveled so he could see both threats. Phil’s gun was now leveled at her.

She calmly raised one hand. “Everybody, R-E-L-A-X.” Her red nails glistened and projected the message. Phil’s pistol clattered to the bartop, as his arm fell down by his side. A bartender dropped a bottle of tequila. Like everyone else in the tavern, Stephen’s mind went blank, his body numb. Everybody staring at her, eager to hear her next words. She turned to Stephen and spoke again.

“This happened to you in real life, didn’t it? I see the fear in your eyes. A dreamt recollection?” Part of his mind wanted to answer, but he managed to resist, just barely. He knew if she used her other nails on him, he would cave. “Forget I asked. I already know the answer.”

“I thought you might return here to uncover truths about the events of Valentine’s Day eve. But I didn’t anticipate this situation with Phil. Once, I tried to give him the Gift too, but he rejected it. We thought we had sealed off those memories, but he must have shielded some part of himself from us. I should have recognized his reaction to you the first time. You dredge up painful memories.” She paused before speaking again.

“Let me clarify things. I am not a witch, sorceress, or demon. Nobody in this tavern is under my direct influence except you, and you want my influence, or I would not be here.” She was now only a couple of feet away. With her next step, he was within her grasp. She turned her body slightly, and walked around him, her hand slowly tracing the circumference of his body, until she stood behind him.

“Some would call us guides. We gave you and Elaine a sampling of the Gift. This is more than what most customers of our shop receive. Among those who get a sampling, you are the first to suspect there is more to the Gift. The answer is ‘yes’, there is more, but I will not unlock it fully until you understand its power, and the conditions of acceptance I will impose.” She walked full circle, and stared into his eyes.

“Stephen, most people view fetishes superficially. They might also appreciate the way lace looks, or how a sensual fabric feels on their skin, or how a particular scent seems so pleasant. They do not realize that their physical indulgences create connections in the mind. These pathways can become more prominent with use, or fade with time, but once created, they are always there, waiting to be tapped again. Nod if you understand me so far. Very good.”

“With a guide, it is possible to explore the mental projection of your own neural pathways. Through trance, you can step into this projection and experience pleasures that most will never have in their lifetime. However, there is a risk I must warn you of in advance. Extreme pleasure can ensnare you.” Danielle walked up to him, and whispered.

“One pleasurable thought is like a breeze.” Stephen felt a puff of air blown onto his ear. His hair stood on end, tingling. “So innocent at first.”

Another puff of air alighted on his neck. “A second thought increases the pleasure.” He involuntarily shivered.

“You can already see the connection, the pleasure of a breeze, an energy carrying these thoughts. The danger lies in the obsession. The thoughts and energy are affixed to your mind. If you still your mind for too long to dwell on them, their energy has nowhere to go, so the thoughts begin spinning around you. Of course, you continue to experience pleasure, so you indulge yourself. More and more thoughts will twist around you. If you can manage to break free, and start moving again, the energy will disperse safely. However, if you continue to obsess, these thoughts can become a tornado, suck you in, and break you.” She backed up a step so she could face him once again.

“I am telling you this to prepare you for the Gift. You will need a guide to protect you from yourself, by keeping you moving with purpose.”

The tavern door swung open, and Danielle’s sister, Kylie, walked in. She glanced around at all the human statues, and smiled. “Good to know I’m still visually arresting. Hi, Phil!” She waved.

“Kylie, we don’t time. Have you had word from Michelle? Is she ready?”

“Yes.”

“Stephen, I am now going to transport you from this dream and into another, to continue preparation for the Gift. Your eyes will remain open during the journey, but you won’t be aware of anything until I let you. You should not worry. I think you will enjoy what’s coming next.” He stared, waiting for her to dangle her nails. Several seconds, then a minute went by. Kylie could hardly contain herself. She cupped her hand to her mouth, trying to stifle giggles.

Danielle finally spoke. “Wasn’t waiting delicious? I think you’ve aroused yourself enough already with the mere thought of being controlled like this.” He had not even been aware of it, but she was right. The front of his pants pulsated with his heartbeat. “But it will begin differently. You have no idea what we have in store for you.” SNAP!

* * *

Awareness came slowly. Gradually, he realized that he was being dipped in a warm liquid, coating all of his body below his neck.

“The hypnotic wax prevents movement. If you fight it, you’ll just tire yourself” It was Kylie’s voice. He heard a cranking noise, and his body was lifted out of the liquid by a black canvas harness, its straps leading to a connected chain. As he looked up, he noticed the canopy of branches high overhead, leaves nearly but not quite blocking the mid-afternoon sun. He turned his head to the right to see what else he could see. Just a few feet over, a rough rock wall climbed halfway up a mossy bank, green interwoven with exposed roots. To his left, steps led down a gentle slope. He saw more trees well off in the distance.

“Is this place real?", Stephen asked.

“It’s a fantasy, but for now, this IS your reality.” Kylie leaned over him, and put her hand where the middle of his chest would be, and her fingertips began tracing the contours, moving down his body.

“You know, Danielle isn’t here. I could do anything I want, and you would be unable to resist me. I thought about doing something with you while you were knocked out. But I think there’s something erotic about doing something you will remember. I think you are getting hot under all that wax, agreeing with me. Feel the warmth in your left leg, yet?” Suddenly, he did feel it. The wax seemed to soften, warmly gripping him.

“So hot, Stephen. In a moment, when I touch your leg, my heat will melt that wax.” She reached down, and he felt her hand gripping his leg, as the wax fell away. She began kneading him with both hands now, as if giving him a massage. His tissues felt so warm and tingly, and felt so different than before. When he looked down, he realized why.

“No hair?", Stephen exclaimed.

“The wax has carried it all away. And your other leg..” As she grabbed his right leg, a heat melted away the wax there too. He felt immense pleasure from her touch. “Mmmm.. you enjoying that? Your skin is so soft and sensitive. You won’t tell Danielle what I’m doing to you, will you?”

“N-n-no.", he stammered. “Never.”

She looked directly in his eyes as she spoke again. “Melt!” All of the remaining wax dropped away. The skin on his arms, chest, everything below his waist was just as soft and smooth as his legs.

“Mmm.. this IS hot. Stephen, I need to borrow your hand. I hope you don’t mind...” She grabbed his wrist. “In a moment, your left arm will be completely limp, and you will be unable to move it, but I can move it any way I want. What’s interesting is that your arm is about to go completely numb. I need a procedure done, and you know that calls for a little anesthetic. I’m the one who needs to feel this, but you won’t feel a thing. Your left arm is numb and loose. NOW!” His arm was just as she commanded.

She pulled his hand away from his body, and guided it.. slowly.. up her leather skirt. He could not tell what she was wearing underneath, or if she was, but he knew when his hand met her tender flesh. Her eyes became glassy, and she bit the corner of her lip. His arm moved to her rhythm. She moaned. He wanted to look deeply into her eyes, but they rolled upwards, and then her eyelids closed. Her whole body shook. “Oh.. God... " He was now harder than he had been in his whole life.

“MMM... that was.. oh wow!” Her eyes were open again. Her free hand began rubbing his chest. “For that, I think you deserve a reward of your own.” She guided his still-numb hand down to his cock, and squeezed. His own eyes went glassy. His own hand was gliding up and down, but it might as well have been someone else’s. It was so numb, and he had absolutely no control.

“KYLIE! What are you doing? STOP!...”

He heard a splash, followed by silence. Awareness came back slowly. Stephen began to feel the water, then felt the hard porcelain beneath him. As he opened his eyes, he found himself back at home in his tub. The water, now barely lukewarm, was coated by a layer of hair.. his hair. A razor and can of shaving cream were next to him. As he shifted in the tub, he felt something hard press against him. He reached in the water with his right hand, and pulled out his cordless phone. He pressed the power button, but there was no response.

He then realized he was in big trouble.

* * *

Two hours, 10 minutes later, the doorbell rang...

He didn’t even bother looking through the peephole. As he opened the door and stood naked to face Danielle and Kylie, he said the first thing that popped in his mind.

“Can you help me?”

Kylie looked amused, and somewhat embarrassed. She shifted her eyes to one side and grinned. One look at Danielle’s face confirmed he was in trouble.

She looked down, and took in the situation. “Oh FUCK ME.” She pushed him back inside, closely followed by Kylie. She closed the door, and turned on him.

“I still can’t move my left arm. It’s numb.. and .. stuck.” He wasn’t sure why it had not lost its grip. Any erection he had was long gone. Now he feared that he might not ever get it back.

“You are going back under. But first, tell me you don’t drive past our exit every day. A two hour commute? I cannot believe that.” Her eyes flashed angrily.

“Uh, no, I work in town here.”

“That February night..?” Her arms were crossed impatiently.

“I.. I was out of town, and my plane was routed to another airport because of the weather. I was driving a rental when I got stuck and found you.” She stood firmly and silently. “I’m sorry about this. I didn’t know I was in the bathtub.” He licked his lips. “Say, is this your first house call?” She moved quickly, and he was in no condition to block her dominant hand. He staggered back, stars in his eyes.

“That question will be the last one asked tonight. This is our first, and last ‘house call’.” Her tone projected resentment. “I hope we have not wasted our effort on you. You so easily threw away our Gift at first, falling back on old habits. But once you had a taste, it left its mark on your mind. Dreams have haunted you ever since that night at the hotel” His eyes widened. She advanced a step.

“Oh yes, you probably don’t remember. You told me. Something we left on our calling card drew you in for the confession. But you stirred trouble with Phil, and now I have to decide what to do with you.” She took another step forward, and Stephen retreated again.

“I wonder if you’ll refuse to accept guidance and move on with your life. Maybe you are more like Phil than I first judged. You seem to be waiting for something. Release? Is that what you want? That is what you will get tonight, one way or the other.” She took another step, but Stephen could go no further. His back was against the wall. “Kylie thinks you are an innocent, mistakenly caught in our web. But I know better. Some part of you wants to be stuck, while I, the spider, wrap you in silk. Don’t worry, that’s coming.” She pressed her body against his, and whispered in his ear. Stephen shuddered, and his eyes closed. His body slowly slid down the wall and slumped to the floor.

* * *

He awoke on the carpet, his head buzzing. The scent of nail polish was in the air. He held his hand to his temple—his left hand! It worked again, and was no longer numb. He found a note attached to his chest with a safety pin.

Stephen,

WAKE UP! I may have injected too much venom into my prey, but that cannot be helped. There is not much time. There is a path to freedom. Let me show you. At this moment, know that you are fully awake, and there are no suggestions to force your direction, yet.

YOUR INSTRUCTIONS—DO NOT violate ANY of these—We are watching you!

  1. Drive to the location programmed into your GPS
  2. When you reach your destination, listen to the CD on your front passenger seat. DO NOT LISTEN BEFOREHAND
  3. DO NOT change your attire, or remove ANYTHING. You may put on a pair of shoes, but nothing more. It’s going to be a cool and breezy evening, but you must be able to feel what is to come.

PS. For once, I agree a neutral shade is best for you. White or black would have made this more difficult.

PSS You bought the hosiery and polish. Do you remember? Check the receipt on the floor, if you do not believe me. Deep down you must have wanted them badly, since we did not implant a suggestion. As for the drive through.. we are responsible for that. You were hungry, and a chicken sandwich was what you needed.

GET TO THE PATH BEFORE MIDNIGHT. If you fail, Elaine will lose something precious.

— Danielle

Stephen put down the note, and found a receipt on the floor. He was startled when he realized that it did not have the LLL logo at the top, but was from the grocery store. He read it aloud. “One card... one floral .. hosiery ... hosiery .. polish .. polish “. Confusion set in. He looked at the receipt date: February 14. He didn’t buy anything there except a card and flowers, for Elaine. Or did he?

As he prepared to stand up, he started to brace himself with his hand, and then stopped. Something felt different. He looked down at his leg, and the lights overhead shimmered softly off of them. Pantyhose! He felt a rush of guilt. He stood up, and ran to the bedroom to look in the full length mirror. The reflected image removed all doubts. He was wearing nude hosiery underneath a pair of shorts. As he turned from one side to the other, something flashed in the light. Leaning over, he examined his toes. They were coated with polish, little lakes of silver, glistening. He was starting to sweat, and felt dizzy. He turned, and sank both palms into the comforter on top of the bed. His arms shook under his weight. “How can I go out like this?” Doubt started to smother his mind. But then he remembered Elaine. He had to do this, for her.

He pulled on his sneakers, and walked out the front door. It was mid-May, and days had grown long, but the sun was already low on the horizon. “I must have been unconscious for a couple of hours,” he thought. He hesitated, looking both ways to see if anybody was looking, then walked quickly to his car.

* * *

The trip was short. As he pulled up to a curb near the city park, the GPS intoned “Stop. You have reached your destination”. He grimaced. “Another female voice directing me.", he thought. He turned off the engine, and sat several minutes, contemplating. The last ray of sunlight briefly shone upon on the upper branches of nearby trees, then disappeared. One lamp in the park turned on, casting a pale orange light. One by one, other lampposts were lit, illuminating a paved trail which wound from the street’s edge into the deepening shadows of a copse, where it disappeared from view.

Stephen reached over for the CD, and inserted it. Danielle’s voice began to resonate within the cabin, with a more gentle tone than what he was accustomed to.

“Congratulations for rolling the dice and taking a chance. I’m not going to use a trigger to make you take that first step. It will be your decision to get out of the car, and walk the path you see before you now. I won’t try to predict how you will react to the journey. Everyone is different. I will simply end this recording with some advice: if you experience something unexpected, don’t fight it.”

Stephen did not take long to make his decision. He slammed the car door shut, and started walking. He started out with a quick pace, wanting the journey to end as soon as possible But he did not anticipate the thoughts that began to stir as his legs began to transmit stimulating sensations. He heard a breeze as it rushed through a nearby tree, and then saw it set a fallen leaf spinning along the ground. When the breeze reached him, there was a delightful tickling. It felt wonderful on his arms, but the sensations along his legs were indescribable. He stopped mid-stride, unable to focus. His eyes were still closed, his body hunched and shivering under the lamplight, when a couple approached.

“Nice night for a walk, eh?", said the man.

Stephen opened his eyes. For a moment words caught in his throat. He was watching them, trying to see where their eyes were leading. Finally, he stammered a quick “.. uh yes.. That was some breeze there. It’s getting cold.” He shivered a final time, and started walking again. Just after they passed by, the woman spoke. “Enjoy yourself”. After he was sure he was far enough from the illumination, he looked back. The couple were already fading silhouettes, but he thought he saw the woman whispering in her partner’s ear. His heart pounding, he continued down the path. Trees were now on both sides. Another lamppost lay ahead. Before he could reach it, another breeze hit him, stronger than the first. The pleasure sent goose pimples racing down his skin. He clenched his legs together, his hands sandwiched in-between. Recovery came more slowly this time. It took him a few minutes to pull himself together.

Before he reached the next lamppost, there was a silver flash in the sky. A rumble of thunder trailed distantly. Then tree branches swayed, warning him. He braced himself. This time the breeze seemed to pull at him, as much as push, his mind being led somewhere. His legs felt weak. A plea escaped his trembling lips, “Don’t stop”. Somehow, he forced himself onwards.

When he reached the next bend in the path, he saw a fountain, brightly illuminated, and surrounded by benches, all of them empty. He was slightly disappointed, as he expected the ladies to be waiting for him, but it did not matter now. The end of his journey was at hand. He started to quicken his pace. But just then, the wind front arrived in full force. One gust after another rocked his body; the pleasure overwhelmed him. It took a minute just to move a few feet, and the winds kept coming. Then there was a momentary respite, a calmness that allowed him to just reach the fountainhead before a wave of pleasure crashed over him. He could no longer hold it in. The pulsations made his knees buckle. His knees hit the pavement, eased only slightly by the silk binding him. He cried out, as neural pathways were stroked by a chemical cascade that forever altered his mind, even as the sensations melted his body. A moment seemed to stretch for eons.

“Stephen?” In his dazed condition, he thought he had imagined the voice. But he heard his name spoken a second time.

He lifted his head, and saw Elaine circling around from the far side of the the fountain. He tried to stand up, but found himself too weak. She helped him to his feet and embraced him, chest to chest.

“Are you ok?”

He nodded. “Do you see what I’ve done?” He glanced down, and pointed, making his question clear.

“I’m not surprised. You speak out while you are asleep, dreaming. Something changed in you on Valentine’s Day, but when I think back, you’ve probably always had this fascination. I hope you can accept that, because I can.” He was stunned. She then pulled something out to give to him.

“Michelle approached me this morning, and.. and.. I’m sorry, I don’t remember much about what happened today. I found myself standing here just before you arrived, with the three of them. They left just as you arrived, but Danielle gave this to me. She told me you had to read this right away. Elaine unfolded a letter, and handed it to him. Raindrops began to patter on the pavement. The wind still gusted, but now the pleasure he felt still allowed him to stand unaided, however weakly.

He held the letter so they could both see it clearly, while sheltering it against the moisture.

* * *
Elaine and Stephen,

You have both come far, but are again at a crossroads. One path represents full acceptance of the Gift. The other represents utter rejection. There will no longer be a middle way. We have a ... situation ... here that cannot allow that path to be taken. Stephen needs a guide, and we can no longer provide that service for him.

Tonight, you will individually decide whether to accept the Gift. “Yes” or “No” will suffice. Triggers have been implanted. If you both accept, information hidden within Elaine’s mind will unlock the Gift. If either of you reject it, you will both forget everything, and this letter will fall from your fingertips to be carried away by the winds. You two were meant to walk together, whichever path you choose. We will not have it be otherwise.

This journey tonight activated only one of dozens of Stephen’s pathways. Elaine, you also have kinks, some shared with Stephen, and others all your own. The Gift will also unlock your innermost desires.

Every journey will be different. We cannot promise that you’ll always find the pleasure you seek, but you will never know unless you are willing to explore. Think about it, and choose your words carefully.

Your Luscious Ladies,
Danielle
Kylie
Michelle
* * *

As the last word fell from his lips. Elaine walked around him, and gazed into his eyes.

“Do you accept?”

“Yes.” After what happened tonight, he could not imagine taking the other path. He awaited her response. She just stood there for a moment, and he began to fear the answer.

“Stephen, when I awoke at the fountain tonight, I was frightened, more than at any time in my life. I saw you struggling, and wanted to run to you, but Danielle held me back. When you collapsed, I panicked, and broke free, ready to rush to your side. But the next moment you cried out and I could tell you felt joy, not pain. I stopped and listened, because I had never heard that from you before. And now I see acceptance in your face. You want the Gift. I want you to have that. Yes. I accept the Gift”.

“Oh my God!” Elaine stood upright, stiff, her eyes unseeing. She was breathing quickly and deeply. Then as quickly as it came on, the trance broke.

“Are you alright?” He grabbed her arms, as she looked like she was going to faint.

“I see the pathways now. I remember Michelle’s voice, drawing pleasure maps in my mind. She was instructing me how to use them. How to find new paths. How to guide using trance.” Overwhelmed, she laid her head on his shoulder, as rain continued soaking them. They comforted each other, as tears and raindrops mixed.

Minutes continued to tick by. At some point, Stephen was not sure when, her sobs stopped, and her nails began tracing lines down his arm, scratching him slightly. Her whispers began, and his mind started to drift away. He looked up at the peak of the fountain, and a gust of wind lifted water away from it. Caught by the breeze, droplets began to swirl tightly, an orange mist drifting down. As it enveloped him, his eyes closed, and he floated away, not to awaken until the next morning.

* * *

6 months later...

Stephen was going through the mail, and stopped. He held a letter adorned with LLL, addressed to Elaine, and sealed with red wax. “What’s that, honey?”

“It’s from the ladies. For you” His hand held the letter for her. She carefully broke the seal, and read it to herself.

* * *
Dear Elaine,

Tell Stephen the Crossroads are open to him again. Phil has decided to move on with his life. He sold the tavern to someone else, a member of the town council. We’re toying with our new neighbor in the back of the store, even as I write this, but this one likes it. A lot.

When you come for your next lesson, bring Stephen along. We have something interesting and new to share, and as always, the finest lingerie.

LLL
* * *

She folded up the letter and tucked it away under a stack of papers.

“What does it say? Can you tell me now?", he asked.

She shook her head. “Later, honey.” She flashed her red nails at him. The effect was stronger than ever, swirling gold letters commanding him. R-E-L-A-X. S-L-E-E-P. His eyes slammed shut. She took his hand and led him to the bedroom, like an errant sleepwalker being guided back where he belonged.

Sure that he would never remember any of it, she spoke to him as she stripped off their clothing. “I have a new fetish I’d like to explore, but I’m sure you’d laugh if you were not tranced. Let’s try this out, and see where it leads.” She closed the bedroom door. A minute later, her body started quivering. Her blissful screams registered in a distant part of Stephen’s mind, and although he was completely unaware, there was a smile on his otherwise blank face.