The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Gift

Part I: Crossroads

* * *

Foreword by the author

In 2006 I began my exploration of the mysterious world of erotic hypnosis. But the journey never really began in earnest until I joined online communities and started writing. I could not have imagined that so many others harbored fantasies of MC. “The Gift” was my first MC hypnosis story – actually, my first erotic story of any kind.

Now, as I again find myself writing another story (now under the name ‘Deep Helix’), I want to share my “old” stories again. In re-reading them, I see both the dreams and the nightmares, the serious and the not-so-much. I don’t know what others will see in them, but I hope they may inspire in some way.

* * *

Every journey requires an adventurer and a guide. Someone willing to take the next step, and someone willing to navigate. Not every path has to be taken, but it’s dangerous for an adventurer to hesitate too long at a crossroads. Eventually, the guide will lose patience, and set the path for the adventurer.

* * *

“Are you seeking love this Valentine’s Day? Don’t settle for flowers or candy. Buy her something she’ll never forget. A diamond...". The commercial went on, but the radio had long ago lost Stephen’s interest. Three hours stuck in traffic, and all he could think about was how wretched this holiday was going to be. Not only had he not yet bought a gift, but he would be attending a couples dance on Valentine’s Day. Elaine’s idea. Five years ago it would not have been like this. They would have saddled up to a bar to for some spirits, and end up going for a wild ride (two tickets admission) at the hotel across the street. Nothing fancy, but plenty of fun.

“Dancing? How did that happen?", he thought. “Oh yes, because I agreed to it. Why do I do always do that?” He still held some hope for the result of the barter: a night of dancing in exchange for “something”. Maybe it was just a hope. He thought a nice gift might tilt the odds in his favor. “It couldn’t hurt”. The alternative outcome was too depressing to think about.

[The radio plays]

“... the overpasses are shutdown at the moment. A semi has overturned, completely snarling traffic on I-70. Although snow plows are working to clear the roads, authorities advise staying home this evening if at all possible. There have been numerous reports of other accidents...”

“Great,” thought Stephen. Now that this evening was going to be spent sitting in a glorified parking lot, that left him only Saturday morning to find a gift, as he had to pick up a tux and his wife’s dress from the dry cleaners that afternoon. Diamonds were out of the question—why kowtow totally to the “buy her off” crowd. He just needed to find a classy gift she would appreciate. His intentions in the past had been good, but oftentimes his gifts received a lukewarm reception. “Don’t buy a fitness membership again because she thinks I think she has a big ass. No power tools—he admitted that was dumb. Season passes to the amusement park failed to put a smile on her face. Why did I think that was such a great idea? The clown at the front gate had more sense about him. Nice goin’, Bozo.”

A protesting growl rattled his midsection. With his busy schedule at work, he had only a small sandwich for lunch. He could not imagine being stuck in traffic much longer. As the truck in front pulled ahead, he saw a freeway exit. Thinking that he might find a place to eat, he took the exit, and drifted down with the car to the base of the hill. He looked both ways, but could see nothing through the wind borne snowflakes. He sat there for a moment, weighing his options. “Great. Back on the freeway I go.” As the car started moving onto the on ramp, it began turning sideways. A press of the gas pedal sent ice flying back, but there was no forward traction. He braked, then tried again. Same result. Cursing, he smacked the steering wheel, then backed the car off the ramp. With the vehicle now oriented with the crossroad, he saw a small sign just poking out of a snow drift “Tavern: 1 Mile Ahead”.

Failing to appreciate his good turn of fortune, Stephen muttered as he put the car back in gear, “They had better be open”. Two buildings appeared ahead on one corner of an otherwise desolate intersection. He parked the car, and shutoff the engine. Total silence. As he stepped out of the car, snowflakes closed in on him and melted against his cheeks. He closed the door, and started walking towards the closer of the two buildings. Softly blended light emanated from yellow stained-glass windows. He could barely discern letters on a worn sign: “Crossroads Tavern”. He paused for a moment before opening the front door, which let out a rush of warm air, carrying with it the faint aroma of smoke and beer.

A lone man standing behind the bar looked up from his newspaper. Glancing casually around the room, Stephen saw there were no other patrons. He tugged off his coat, and hung it by the door. Stepping up to the bar, he seated himself, and as he did, the man behind the bar stowed away his newspaper. A cigarette dangled precariously from his rough, stubbled jaw. “Evening. What can I get you?".

“Beer and a burger, please. I’m starving.”

“Sure. Welcome to Crossroads Tavern. I’m Phil, the owner, " the man said as he started filling a mug.

“Good to meet you. I’m Stephen. Glad I found this place. The roads are a mess tonight.”

“They often are this time of year,” the man said while handing him the mug.

Stephen immediately buried his face in it. The cold beer went down quickly. He hadn’t realized he was that thirsty.

The tavern owner put a burger in the microwave, then spoke again. “At least you have something to say. Most folks won’t even look me in the face. Who can blame them? If I was visiting the lingerie store, I wouldn’t want to be recognized either. I suppose you’re not one of them.”

“No, I’m from out of town. Just needed something to eat on the way home.” Stephen considered what he thought he had heard for a moment. “Did you say ‘lingerie store’?”

“Yes, but let me give you some advice: if you are a decent man, don’t go there. The town council wouldn’t let them set up shop in town, on account of morals and reputation. So about a year ago they moved in next door here, outside the city limits. I don’t like being associated with them. The only good they bring is customers. At least, on most nights.” The owner’s gaze took in all of the empty chairs and tables. He frowned.

“Actually, I might head over there after I finish eating, if they are open. I need to find a Valentine’s Day gift for my wife.” Had he not tilted back the mug at that moment, he would have seen the glare the owner gave him. By the time he put the mug back door, the owner was scribbling furiously on a slip of paper.

“I’m going to go in back and start closing up. There’s your tab. Just leave your money on the bar.” The owner started to move away, but stopped mid-stride. “A word of advice. If you do see the ladies tonight, buy your gift and be on your way quickly. No lingering. They might actually like your type.” He stubbed out his cigarette, and disappeared through the kitchen door.

Stephen started fuming. What was the owner implying? “Your type”? He wasn’t hungry anymore. He pulled out his wallet and left just enough to pay the tab. No tip. He reached for his coat, and was just beginning to pull it on, when he noticed an orange glow that had not been there the moment before. He walked closer to the window, but it was fogged up so he couldn’t see what was lit up outside.

He exited the tavern, and as the door closed behind him, folded his arms against the cold and looked up. It was a sign for the ages: “Luscious Ladies Lingerie” Profusely red, with letters 5-foot tall, the words called to him. Two pairs of animated neon hands were groping a shapely stockinged calf. His heartbeat quickened, if only for a moment. Ice crunched beneath his boots as he walked to the store entrance. As he reached for the door, self-doubt almost got the better of him, but he remembered the importance of the mission and pulled it open anyway.

Sirens went off. Strobes flashed. For several moments he just stood there, frozen by fear and guilt. After several moments, a tall brunette strode up to a security pad next to the front counter. The alarms cut mid-wail.

“Sorry about that. I didn’t think there would be any customers. We’ve been working on our inventory in the back. Valentine’s Day is such a busy time for us, as you can imagine.”

“Did the alarm just go off?", said a second woman, her head just poking out from the service door. Her face visibly brightened as she saw him. “Well, hello there! Good seeing a handsome stranger on a night like this.” She pushed open the door a little further. There was just a hint of her curvaceous form, which was hugging the other side.

“Michelle, I’ve taken care of the alarm.” She stood still, gazing at Stephen. “Michelle, don’t you have things to do?”

“You do take the fun out of this sometimes.” For a moment there was a pout on Michelle’s lips, but she quickly recovered. She flashed a wink, and disappeared just as quickly. The door flapped shut.

“Forgive her, she’s such a flirt.” Pausing to consider him, she said, “I don’t remember you. A first-time customer?".

“Yes. Um, yes, I’m from out of town. I need to find a Valentine’s Day gift for my wife.”

“Well, Stephen, welcome to Luscious Ladies Lingerie. I’m Danielle, the owner.” Stephen reached for her outstretched hand, and found himself looking into her blue eyes. Porcelain features and raven locks complemented her appearance.

“Stephen, I’ll help you find the perfect gift. Do you have anything in mind? Mmm?” Her eyebrow arched slightly. He had no answer. Several moments went by before he realized he was still holding her hand. He quickly withdrew his arm, and forced it down by his side, trembling. Her eyes seemed to weigh him.

“Kylie!", she called. A third petite woman strolled out the service door.

“Yes?” She walked towards the register, and nearly reached it before noticing Stephen. “Oh, hi!”

“This gentlemen needs my assistance. Can you watch the store while I tend to his needs?”

“Sure. Nice to meet you. I’m her sister.”

“Sister?”

“I know, we don’t look very much alike. I don’t know why I was blessed as a blond. Danielle is still a little upset about that. And next to me, she looks like a stork. But we have the same blue eyes, don’t we?” Stephen looked at Danielle, and was confronted with a icy glare, which was not quite meant for him.

“Come with me, Stephen. Let’s see what we can find.” She guided him past rows of leather and lace. “I can already tell you are a lingerie first-timer, which probably means your wife isn’t used to getting these kinds of gifts. You have to be careful with your first purchase, or else she might think that you just want sex. Of course, that may happen anyway, but that’s not why you’re buying the Gift.”

“Mmm, no, that wasn’t my intent.” For once, he was grateful she wasn’t looking at him.

“...so you shouldn’t buy anything too suggestive, such as those bustiers.” She pointed down the far end of the aisle.

He glanced and was taken aback.“Wow, I saw those in a Madonna video once.”

“Indeed. Now, on the other hand, this is too boring.” She took down a satin slip and held it up. “We stock these because they appeal to the unadventurous, and some of our customers fit that description. I think you are somewhere in-between. You want a little adventure, don’t you?”

This line of questioning was getting uncomfortable. “This is all new to me. I should buy that slip and be getting home. I think she’d like that...”

“That would be disappointing, Stephen. Instead of considering what you THINK your wife would like, which is probably off the mark, let’s start with what you like. Do you have any ‘special’ interests?” Her eyes hinted that she might ask a more embarrassing question if he did not answer.

His face began to redden. “I.. I..”

“Lots of people have kinks. I’d be surprised if you didn’t have at least a few of your own.”

Stephen didn’t know what to say. His face continued to ripen like a tomato. “I don’t know what you mean. I love my wife, and... ”

“That’s wonderful, Stephen, but you sound like someone ready to purchase some lame gift. Luscious Ladies Lingerie is NOT a place for buying flowers and a card. You do that at a grocery store.” He started to protest, but she cut him off. “Tell me one thing: what set your path so that you ended up at our door?”

He thought for a moment. “Well, I was stuck in traffic, hungry. I drove to the tavern to eat. Then I walked outside and saw your sign.”

Her eyes lit up. “Ostentatious, isn’t it? Since you are an outsider, I’ll let you in on a secret. I put it up to spite the town council. I keep it lit most of the night, and sometimes during the day, and I know it drives them crazy. So did you like the sign logo? ‘Luscious Ladies Lingerie’. It practically rolls off the tongue. Or did you like the way the hands move up and down the leg? Or maybe you like stockings, like these?” She reached down and pulled up her black skirt, exposing her legs to just above her knee. There was a hint of sheen.

Stephen’s stomach growled.

“A little hungry tonight?” She lowered the skirt again and looked at him. There was curiosity in her face.

“Yes, I ordered a burger at the tavern, but the owner angered me, and I left without eating.”

“Don’t let yourself be upset by Phil, that petty man. We alone keep the Crossroads and his tavern alive, and he resents that. He could never understand what we do. May I ask what he said to anger you?”

Stephen felt himself opening up to her. “He said you might like ‘my type’. I don’t know what he meant, but I thought he was insulting me.”

“He was perceptive, perhaps for the first time in his life. I would not take offense. You ARE different, in a good way. You found us because you need a Gift, one that you and your wife would cherish. Would you be open to my suggestions, if I help you find that Gift?”

“I.. I guess so. I’m still standing here.” Stephen scratched his side uncomfortably. He wasn’t sure where she was going to lead him.

She put the slip back on it’s hangar. “Let’s start with the presumption that we can do better than this. I think you’re in luck. We received some new items yesterday that might interest you. Please follow me.”

She started walking towards the back. He didn’t move. She turned around, tilted a finger and beckoned him.. “C’mon, it will be fun.” He gave in, and followed. When they entered the storeroom, they found Michelle leaning back in a chair next to a stack of goods, reading a list out loud.

“.. Five pairs of satin gloves, size small. One box of glitter. Eight tubs of liquid latex...”

Danielle leaned forward and whispered, “Michelle!”

The list and the pen she had been holding fell to the floor. “Oh my gosh! Don’t do that!”

“Stephen would like to be shown some of the latest inventory. Before we start, could you find this first?” Danielle handed Michelle a note, which she read.

“Or you could start looking while I keep him company...", Michelle responded hopefully.

“Michelle, that won’t be necessary.” Disappointment showed on her face, but she did not protest further. She went over to the far end of the room and started sifting through goods.

Danielle seated herself in a chair behind an oak desk, and invited Stephen to sit in another chair in front of the desk. A single green lamp cast a bright oval of light onto the desktop. There were no papers, pens, or any typical office clutter. Just the lamp and its illumination.

She reached into a desk drawer, and pulled out a couple of cotton puffs and a bottle of nail polish remover. “I hope you don’t mind waiting. I promise it will be worth it.” She tilted the fluid onto a puff, and began stroking the tips of her nails, gradually revealing them. White cotton became black. She then put away the bottle, but the scent continued to hang in the air, tickling Stephen’s nose in an unfamiliar way. They both sat expectantly, watching Michelle. Minutes ticked by.

“Found it!” Michelle walked over and handed something to Danielle. She opened the palm of her hand to reveal a small glass vial. She tilted it end over end a couple of times, and put it down on the desk. Red liquid swirled down the sides and back to the bottom, just visible beneath the slightly frosted glass surface.

“Nail polish?", he asked.

Danielle started laughing, her head slowly shaking. “You’ll find it to be something better than that. Let me show you.” She twisted the top off the vial, and held the brush head in front of the lamp so he could see.

Stephen shrugged. “It’s red. I knew that already.”

“Look closer. You have to really focus to see the difference.”

He pulled his chair closer, leaned in, and stared intently at the viscous drop that had collected at the tip. Slowly, flecks of gold revealed themselves. They began flowing down into the drop, collecting.

“You now see the gold flecks. Good. But there’s more. Do you notice the scent beginning to envelope you?”

Without thinking, he breathed deeply, and a fog crept into his mind. He began to stare at her hands, which in the lamplight now seemed to be surrounded by a hazy nimbus. She began to paint her smallest finger, which was tilted towards him so he could see.

“That’s it. Keep watching.” She dipped the brush back into the vial, and began painting the next nail.

“Stephen, tell me what the gold flecks are doing”

“They are swirling, " he intoned.

“Good. Keep watching.” She dipped the brush again and again, stroking each nail. Middle, index, and finally the thumb. The gold flecks kept swirling, dazzling. “See anything more interesting now, Stephen”

No answer.

“Look closer! Now!” His eyelids felt as if a spring were holding them open. He leaned in closer. And then it hit him. R-E-L-A-X. One thinly-traced letter on each nail. Conscious thought began to fade.

“Yes, now that you know how this entrances you, it is too late to resist. Already you feel the polish coating your mind, sealing off the parts that want to resist, question, or analyze my words. The polish is drying, Stephen, stuck to my nails as surely as you are affixed to my words. I promise you, eventually I will remove this polish and unlacquer your mind, but until then... WATCH!”

She then coated the nails on her other hand. The scent in the air continued to increase. A few minutes earlier, he would have had the presence of mind to realize someone was standing next to him, and would have felt delicate fingers working their way through his hair. But right now he could only stare vacantly at the oval of light on the desk, where Danielle’s hands had been a moment before. The vial was sealed shut. A thought lagged behind, halting: “Will she ever stop... polishing.. my ... mind?”

A hand cupped his chin and lifted it to stare upwards at Danielle, who was now perched on the edge of the desk. Her eyes were pools ready to drown him. “We’re almost done with the induction. In a minute you’ll be putty, ready to bend, twist, mold. But first, my other hand has a message for you. It’s there, if you look closely. Answer me: what do you see?” She dangled her hand between his face and hers, forcing him to break contact with her eyes. Freed from that invisible embrace, he looked at the nails. Gold flecks were swirling again. This close, the scent of the polish was overwhelming. Silver flecks danced all over his field of vision. A black curtain started sweeping across the periphery, closing in. Silver on black. Silver now blending with the gold. For a moment everything was lost to him, but then the letters resolved. He could not answer her. It was too late.

“Shhhhhh... Words are no longer necessary, because the letters are reflected to me in your face. S-L-E-E-P!” Dusk fell on his mind.

Kylie released his chin, which immediately slumped forward. “He’s an innocent boy. Should we be doing this to him?", she asked.

Danielle stepped down from the desk and responded, “Remember, he’s the one who found us at the crossroads. Sooner or later, he is going to have to traverse the paths.”

“It’s a shame he won’t remember what happens tonight,” Michelle intoned as she walked around the desk to stand behind him, her hands gripping his shoulders.

Danielle then cocked her head to examine him. “I’ll make sure a part of his mind never forgets.”

* * *

A series of staccato honks woke Stephen up. He bolted upright and took in his surroundings. He was in the front seat of his car. In a line of cars, actually. “Am I still stuck in traffic?", he thought. He was bewildered.

“Sir, can you repeat your order please? I couldn’t understand what you just said.”

The compulsion came suddenly. It started deep inside, and manifested itself in one word: “BOOOOCCK!”

Laughter burst from the intercom. “Sir, very funny. You want a chicken sandwich?”

As if pricked, the bubble over his mind vanished. His predicament became obvious, and embarrassment set in. “Uh, yes, one chicken sandwich, and, uh... a coffee please. I need to wake up.”

“That’ll be $4.95. Come on through.”

He put the car in gear, and pulled up to the drive-through window. He grabbed the bag and drink, and started to pay, when the teller pointed excitedly. “Hey, alright! A triple-L man. I’ve heard about that place. Never been there, though. How was it? Did you find a Valentine’s Day gift?”

One glance confirmed everything he feared. A white box with a satin pink bow and ribbon sat in the passenger seat, with distinct diagonal lettering on the front: “LLL”.

“I think so.”

“Do you mind me asking what you bought her? None of my business, but I’m dying to know.” A horn honked behind him.

“I.. I.. don’t remember.”

“It’s ok, men do that all the time. Don’t know what they’re buying, or why. Just ask the saleslady to find something nice, box it up, and be on your way. That’s cool though. You obviously have good taste to shop there, instead of buying flowers and a card. I hope she likes it, whatever it is.” She pulled a mic close. “Your order is ready. Come on through.”

With that, he pulled away from the window, drove one block, and sat in a parking lot. Holding his head in both hands, he pondered what just happened. “What the hell.. I’m back in town.” He worked the figures in his head. “140 miles of freeway, at least two hours drive time, and I have no memory of any of it. They must have drugged me.. Was kind of anesthetic did she use?” Curiosity got the better of him. He picked up the gift box, carefully slid the ribbon off, and opened it. Inside there were two pairs of satin gloves, two pairs of stockings, and... nail polish. He hastily tucked everything back inside and closed the box.

In the 10 minutes it took to drive home, he decided what he had to do.

* * *

That evening, Stephen and Elaine showed up at the couples dance, him in a tux, and her in a blue dress. As he opened the door for her, he tried not to look at her legs. Even without stockings, they were causing a bit of a mental distraction, and some insistent blood flow somewhere else. A little more than usual.

As the dancing began, he found himself staring vacantly now and then. “Something the matter? You seem distracted.", his wife said, her arms wrapped around him.

“Just a little tired, that’s all. You wouldn’t believe how exhausting it is to sit in traffic all night”

“I’m just glad you’re alright. I worried about you.” She gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

The band stopped playing, and they joined the crowd in a round of applause. That’s when he saw them. Just off the dance floor, Danielle, Kylie, and Michelle stood, watching. All three were wearing black dresses that ended just above the knee, black shiny stockings, and impish grins to match.

Danielle acted first. She lifted one hand, and flashed long, red nails at him. Even from that distance, he conjured up the word. RELAX. A fog settled on his mind.

Kylie then slowly leaned forward, allowing her skirt to ride further up her leg, exposing the top of her stocking. She adjusted it in nonchalant fashion. His heart started to pound.

Michelle then captured his attention with a wink, and started gyrating one arm as if it held a whip, and cracked it. He felt the burn, and winced. As he grabbed his bum, he almost missing the blown kiss that followed. But he saw it. He stood there for a moment, dumbfounded. He didn’t realize it, but the three-part ritual just triggered something profound in his mind.

As the next dance began, the throbbing in his groin slowly increased. He found it difficult to concentrate. Every couple of dance turns revealed the lingerie ladies exhibiting increasingly raunchy body language, all directed at him. “Does anyone else not see them?” He could not comprehend what they had done to him, but he knew at this rate he was not going to last much longer.

As the music stopped, Elaine grabbed his arm and looked up at him. “Honey, you look flush. Are you alright?”

“I’ll be ok. Just getting a little heated. Maybe I should sit out this next dance.”

“Ok, I’m going to freshen myself up. I’ll be back in a few minutes.” She pulled away, and disappeared into the crowd.

“How are you feeling, Stephen?” A chill went up his back. He turned, and found himself being drawn into Danielle’s embrace.

“What have you done to me? Did you drug me last night?” There was a plea in his last question... “not again”.

“No, Stephen, I’ve done nothing ‘to you’. You have done this to yourself. When you walked into my shop last night, you were lost. I simply gave you some directions, to get you somewhere else. Anything is better than being stuck at a crossroads. Ask Phil about that, if you ever visit again. I dare you.” She continued to lead him through the dance. He was speechless, so she continued. “By the way, what happened to the Gift? Did you not give to her what I gave to you? I didn’t see her wearing them. These.” Her blue eyes glanced down at her legs, and then searched his own eyes.

He gave in. “No, I bought her flowers and a card, and .. I dont’ have to explain anything to you. You know, I could call the police and report you. I’m sure the town council would be interested in what you do to people in the back of your store. I.. ”

She pressed her finger to his lips. “Shhhh, be quiet. This is still my dance.” They started turning faster, in step with the music.

“Your understanding of the Gift may be slow in coming, Stephen, and it won’t be easy for you, but turning away the Gift is not an option. You love Elaine, don’t you?”

“I’d do anything for her.”

“Then I must do everything in my power to ensure that you understand the Gift. Last night, we prepared you for its acceptance. I have not changed the essence of your mind, but it is now molded to accept certain commands, to make sure your life is directed somewhere. So far tonight you have had but a taste. Would you like to know what you are about to do next?”

“No, not really.” Stephen was sweating profusely.

Another quarter turn step, and she was looking straight into his eyes. “You are going to uncontrollably explode with passion tonight.”

“Danielle, no.....” His jaw began to slacken, as she dangled her red nails in front of his face. It was the other hand. Floodlights from above illuminated the gold flecks which began to form letters. S... L...

“Stephen, you already feel the arousal surging. The outcome is now foretold. If Elaine came back at this moment, you would climax helplessly in her embrace, even as she pulled you away.” ... E..

“No, I don’t want this.” ...E... As he looked up, the room began to spin, lights forming a spiral closing in on him as the dance wound down.

She leaned in and whispered in his ear. “Yes, yes you do. Deep down you want this. Total transfer of control. Total oblivion. Soon you’ll understand why I had to do this”. ...P...

He began to feel pulsating pleasures, just as the darkness swallowed him

* * *

He awoke in a somewhat familiar bed. Not home. The room was dimly illuminated by light coming from underneath the bathroom door. He looked around. The remote control next to him was connected to the nightstand by a small chain. Paper coated hangars were on the rack next to the mini-fridge. A hotel room! “Oh my god, what have I done?” Panic rose within. Then he heard a noise.. there was somebody in the bathroom. The door swung open to reveal the silhouette of a robed woman. He could not make out the features of her face. She turned off the light, and approached him in the shadows. She crept onto the bed. There was a familiar scent.

“Stephen, finally you’re awake! Are you alright?” It was Elaine’s voice. Relief hit him, and tears began to well up.

“Oh my God, I’m so sorry.”

“Sorry for what? For fainting on the dance floor? You were tired, honey.” Her voice conveyed a deep sense of concern.

“You mean, I didn’t.. I must be going crazy.”

“Stephen, I know about what you bought for me. About everything.”

He could not believe what he was hearing. “You do?”

“One of them, Michelle I think is her name, took me aside as I left the restroom, and explained what had happened. About how you had one too many drinks at the tavern, and ended up getting sick behind their store. About how you kept insisting on finding the perfect gift for me, stumbling up and down the aisles of their store, groping at this or that. They did their best to help you, but you passed out in the back storage room. They took the gifts that you had selected, boxed them up, and sent you on your way this morning. You had mentioned to them that we were going to the dance, and they showed up tonight to see how things turned out. Stephen, I understand why you are embarrassed, but there’s no reason to be.”

At that moment, Stephen immediately swore himself to secrecy. No need to mention.. ever.. the mysterious nails, the drive-through incident, or that dance with Danielle. He got lost in thought: “Had Danielle lied to him? Exploding with passion tonight? Did he, really?” He wish he could remember what happened to him on the dance floor earlier.

“... But I’ll make you feel better. I promise. She slid on top of him, and he felt nyloned legs squeezing his own.

He was suddenly rapt. “Stockings?”

“Yes. I’m wearing them. And the nail polish. Don’t you remember? You started mumbling about what you had done with the gift box, and said you still wanted to give it to me. So we left with Danielle to retrieve it from the .. ahem.. dumpster behind the grocery store. She helped me apply the polish to my nails while you fell asleep in the backseat. She told me something else, Stephen.

His voice took on a worried tone. “What’s that?”

“She confided to me that she thinks you have a fetish for these items. Don’t worry.. I love them all.”

Stephen was stunned silent.

“By the way, Danielle told me she thinks you’ll enjoy this evening even more than I do. Well, we’ll see about that.” She reached down to caress his cheeks. The moment her lips met his, something else tripped in his mind. He felt all control slipping away, and ecstasy flowed in waves through his body. He wasn’t sure where the passion was taking him, but it was better than any place he had been before.

“Happy Valentine’s Day.” He didn’t quite hear her. At that moment, all he could think about were gold letters, swirling on nails that began scratching his chest, leaving their mark.