The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Dawn Covy, Dove by Day

Chapter 3: Prince ‘Cham’ing

Synopsis: Dawn Covy: entrepreneurial proprietress of the Dove by Day Cafe, vintage music enthusiast, and apparently gifted with an irresistible control over other women. Will she be able to keep her fledgling cafe afloat in a world of high-paced trading teas, percolating profits, and... banging baristas?

Disclaimer: All characters in adult scenes are over 19 years of age. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is coincidental. Story may contain nudity, coarse language, obscure coastal dialects, graphic sexual depictions, and a variety of willing and unwilling mental and physical changes.

Dawn Covy, Dove by Day

“Honest, Ms. Covy, I didn’t have a choice!” Parker said as she hauled me up and started dusting me off. I swatted at her until she slapped absently at my ass and then I thumped her on the top of the head. “Stop that! Don’t touch me! You two are a real piece of work, you know that?”

“Boss, I’m not joking. Tell her how you feel, Emi!” Foley pleaded, her face read with excitment as if her thesis was proven by a mean spirited prank. “Come on, tell her!”

“I’m so sorry, Ms. Covy. I honestly don’t know what came over me. One second I’m standing there sure as a mummer at the holiday and next I’m off like a scalded cat.” Parker pleaded again, and I noted she was visibly keeping her hands away from me as she spoke. “I know I sound right some cracked but I’ll go bail for Foley if she needs it.”

“Parker, just sit down and catch your breath. I’m not mad at you, but Foley has clearly been getting into your brain and filling it with nonsense.” I said while shaking my head, then turned to my more mischievous underling, “As for you, Foley, I don’t know why I expected better from you from. You are on thin ice with this prank. I don’t know what you thought would happen but its pissing me off and don’t want to—”

I was interrupted by the phone ringing in a soft marimba-like buzz. I stuck my finger up and muttered, “We will have words, missy.” then walked over and picked up the receiver. “Hello, Dove by Day.”

“Is this miss Dawn Covy?” a uninterested sounding woman said from the other side.

“Yeah, how can I help?” I tried to keep civil in tone but I wasn’t feeling very friendly after being barreled over onto the floor.

There was a series of keyboard strikes from the other side and I winced as she used the time honored tradition of hunting and pecking instead of typing like a normal person. “Well, my name is Hellena and I’m at the Postalex on Fifth and Spring. We have a parcel here with your name and the address of your business on. It’s marked time sensitive but one of our trucks got into an accident just off of Main and all it’s cargo was returned when the vehicle was towed. We can deliver it tomorrow when we get a second truck, but we thought we’d give you the option of coming to get it yourself.”

“Fifth and Spring? That’s literally around the corner from here. A five minute walk. Can’t you send someone to take it over?” I asked, trying to masque my irritation.

“Uh, uh.” Hellena kept her voice polite but I could tell she had worked as a telemarketer before. “It’s company policy that parcels only leave the shop in a marked vehicle or by customer pick up. Sorry.”

“Who’s it from?” I sighed, knowing that it was probably a tea order.

“Says its from Kuala Lumpur.” She read the name as ‘koala lamper’, but then it isn’t a place you hear about often. “Man’s name is... Heeyoo Seawu? Were you expecting anything?”

“Hiu Siew. It’s cham.” I corrected her with a carefully learned pronunciation. Cham is a combination of Malaysian Kopi and Teh Tarik that we had Siew blend together for our exclusive sales in the USA as one of our fancier products: Prince ‘Cham’ing. I’d worked hard to get the man to sell me his goods at a reasonable rate and I wasn’t the type of person to blow it by mispronouncing the important words. “Yeah, fine. I’ll be over shortly. Probably in five minutes. You know, ’cause it’s so close and all.”

“That’d be great.” Hellena chirped far to cheerfully before hanging up just a millisecond to late to hide her calling me a bitch.

“I hate this city.” I said flatly, then turned to my two employees who were seated exactly as I’d instructed and looking far too flushed for their lack of exertion. I grabbed my shop keys and my coat as I walked past the counter and made my way to the main entrance. “I’m going to get something from the Postalex. Parker, you to sit there, calm down, and I’ll accept your apology when I get back. Foley? Go fuck yourself.”

I exited the cafe and locked the door behind me. The girls were acting weirdly today and I didn’t want that affecting my customers when I wasn’t around as a buffer. I tugged my coat tightly around my shoulders and buttoned it all the way up. It was a chilly day and I didn’t want add a cold onto my list of stresses for the day. The Postalex was exactly as close as I’d made it sound on the phone, and it annoyed me to no end that I arrived after only five minutes of walking with only a single back-alley short cut.

A chime sang out dully as I entered and, as usual for a shipping company, there was no one was manning the front desk. The musty smell of supplies recently moved from a warehouse made the space seem more claustrophobic than it was, and a lingering hint of air freshener was the only aftermath of some great battle to make the place seem livelier. The desk was the same pale orange that adorned their little Utilimaster step vans and their logo of an envelope covering the world in a not-at-all ominous foreshadowing of their plans for world local delivery domination.

“Hello?” I called out impatiently and ignored the little bell sitting on the counter.

“Hello!” came a singsong voice from further in. Hellena, my new arch-nemesis, I’m sure.

“Hello.” I said firmly, my fingers drumming as noisily as I could managed against the counter top. When there was no further impression of movement, life, and certainly none of intelligence, I tried again. “Hello?”

“Hello.” Hellena finally appeared, her face showing her annoyance as she wiped the sides of her mouth with her wrist.

The crumbs of her crime, evidence of her eating, marred her mouth and laid bare the heinous truth that she was human. I didn’t let my staff eat except in the back room but that was because the health inspector didn’t think most of Parker’s island delicacies were technically legal for consumption. If I ran something like a crumby postal service people would eat if they were hungry. When she had finished destroying the evidence she turned her wide and docile eyes in my direction.

“How can I help you?” she chirped, bouncing slightly as she took her spot behind the counter and looked at me for the first time. There was that heart-beat long pause where she met my eyes and seemed to lose her train of thought.

“Dawn.” I replied coolly, choosing to ignore her reaction.

“Afternoon, actually.” she replied with a bubbly giggle that I’m sure sent a thrill down the men she usually dealt with. For me, she was an obstruction, and even if she was easy on the eyes I was far too irate to enjoy it. “But that’s okay, it looks like you were enjoying quite a bit of beauty sleep.”

Now, as a woman I understand how back-handed compliments work, it’s part of the gender, but between her unreadably vapid smile and her weighty breathing I wasn’t sure what exactly she meant. Either way, I was refusing to deal with her, so my response was a given.

“I’m here to pick up a parcel.” I said evenly and tried to glower at her, maybe using some of super power to trick her into giving it to me, but it was no use. She was dead set on being dead useless.

“Um... that’s right! I remember you from the phone. I think it’s back here somewhere. Want to come back and help me look? It might be to heavy for little old me.” she said, pouting and overlooking our near-equal size. She grabbed my hand in a way that impossible to completely ignore and led me to the back area out of sight of the large windows that made the storefront slightly less gloomy. “I think it’s back here somewhere.”

When we’d gone back slightly further than the length of own shop she let go and I took the opportunity to inspect the nearby packages for a label written in Malay or Tamil, but no such luck. I turned to demand my parcel so I could get back and finish my shift when I heard an honest to god purring. Incredulously, with raised eyebrows and a slack mouth, I turned to look at Hellena and froze.

“Oops.” she said with the unmistakable tinge of seduction, her white blouse completely open, her decolletage a creamy smooth flow of hills and valleys against the snowy crest of her lacy white brassier. “Looks like I accidentally opened your package for you. Maybe you should... inspect... the goods?”

With that coy play on words she stepped forward, put her hands on either side of my stunned head and shoved it straight into a cleavage deep enough to take my nose and drown it in the vaguely tropical scent of strategically placed perfume. I didn’t react for several long seconds as she jiggled lightly and giggled heavily, but eventually I found my stride and put a hand on either of her shoulders then pushed back hard enough to overcome her pull and regain my posture.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” I wailed as I sucked in air and tried to pretend I couldn’t still feel the warm touch of her softest flesh against my face. I put my hands on my cheeks to cover their growing redness as I stepped back and tried to make for the exit.

“You don’t like your parcel? Well maybe we can arrange a return to sender!” she purred against as she almost pounced on me and tried to unbutton my coat as I was pushed up against the door frame. I tried to wriggle my way out of the embrace but she was crafty and incredibly spry and it became apparent that I would need some serious help before this became the most confusing episode of CSI:SVU in history.

“Stop!” I brayed and pushed again, this time her arms went limp and she stepped back. I watched her eyes glaze over slightly as her panting increased in tempo and I watched a blush spread across the tops of her generous breasts, up her supple neck, and onto her delicate cheeks. “Where is my parcel? Just get me my parcel, put your damn shirt back on, and don’t ever come near me again!”

“I’m sorry... I... Yes, ma’am.” she said somberly, as if she was told she couldn’t go to Disney Land this year. “It’s under the front desk. I’ll get it for you.”

“No, you won’t. Stop. Stay there, fix yourself, and don’t leave this room until I’m gone. If you do I’ll call the cops on you.” I said unsteadily, the back of my mind filling me with the assurance that she wouldn’t move even as the front of my mind wanted me to run out of the store even if it was empty-handed.

I stepped calmly but quickly to the front of the shop, found my parcel of tea-additives, and tucked it under my shoulder as I fixed my coat and reentered the outside world. It was freezing cold outside and the chill helped to clear my head as I glanced back at the pale orange Postalex store front and watched Hellena blow me a kiss and grope her breast enticingly.

“What the hell is going on with this city?” I moaned as I rushed down the back alley shortcut and avoided all human contact like the plague.

When I’d made it safely back to Dove by Day I was rattled and rankled, but god dammit I had my tea and that was something! I think by this point I was losing my grip a little bit, and the reassuring presence of my little coffee shop did wonders to my mental stability. That was when I turned to see my employees sitting in the exact same spots I’d left them in, except Parker was now covering her extremely red face with her hands and trying to cover her ears at the same time while Foley was wriggling against her own hands stuffed under her apron.

One hand had hiked up her shirt and was tugging aggressively at her nearly exposed nipple while the other was hidden under the flap of the apron, though the circular motion it seemed to be making under the material was a dead giveaway as to its sinister purpose.

“Foley! Oh my god!” was all I managed as I quickly checked to make sure no one was walking passed the window. “What is wrong with everyone?”

“Boss! Oooh! Make me -nh- stop!” Foley pleaded as she bucked her hips and gasped in extasy and embarrassment as she continued unabated. “Oooh, boss!”

For some reason hearing her call out to me in that tone filled certain parts of my being with a warmth and glow that had only just been cooled from my encounter with the postal rep. “For the love of health and safety, stop!” I bellowed and threw the parcel at her out of some crazed idea that it would make her stop faster.

“Thank you!” she screamed as she shuddered and almost ripped her hands away from herself. She huffed and nearly fell over as the box thudded lightly on the counter in front of her and ricocheted onto the far counter in the upright position. Foley, her shoulders slack and her head lolled back, looked at me with a bleary-eyed glow on her face and said, “Three. That makes three. You need to watch what you say, boss.”

“That’s not right you know!” Parker said, still covering her face and squirming, “Just like you said, Ms. Covy. You said it and she does it! You ordering us around makes me right some huffed. This things the devil to pay and no pitch hot, Ms. Covy, you knows it and think nothing else!”

“What are you talking about?” I stormed over and walked passed them without stopping. I had to make sure my parcel was alright. After all the shit I’d been through I don’t think my heart could take a massive profit loss right then. I was still fuming as I trudged over, “What are you ever talking about?”

“That’s not fair, boss. You know she didn’t—” Foley tried to stand up for her coworker but I wasn’t having it and interrupted her.

“That is enough shit out of you. You are officially fired. I want your apron and... no, fuck it. Keep that apron. You deserve it you pervert!” I raged as I turned at her and felt some tension in my head snap. “I don’t want to ever see you again!”

“Dawn!” Foley screamed at me, my own name stopping me mid-tirade. Foley took two steep breaths then continued, “Boss, a lot of wierd shit is going on right now, and you told me to go fuck myself. So I did. I can’t say no to you, and neither can Parker, so lay the fuck off and calm the fuck down. Have some tea, and we can work this out, okay?”

“I... I’m sorry.” I said as I deflated, then mumbled an apology, “Sorry for yelling. I think I am extremely freaked out right now.”

“It’s okay, boss. We know you didn’t mean it. Now put on some of your shitty, relaxing, music and tell me if you’ve been recently irradiated or maybe bitten by an animal.” Foley said, walking the line finely enough to keep me centered and just slightly angry with her. She’s a good friend.

“Pick up a magic ring?” Parker suggested as she glanced at my fingers, paused, and looked with visible discomfort at Foley’s.

“Oh... right.” Foley laughed awkardly, pulled her shirt down with her breast hand, and held her pants up as she wandered to the sink and washed her hands thoroughly while we studiously ignored her. After she dried them and gave a crooked and almost shy smile she prodded me to start, “Well, boss? Go on.”

“Well, yesterday after you left there was this customer...” I began.