The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Dawn Covy, Dove by Day

Chapter 10: Green Tea with Lemongrass

Synopsis: Dawn Covy: entrepreneurial proprietress of the Dove by Day Cafe, vintage music enthusiast, and apparently gifted with an irresistible control over other women. Will she be able to keep her fledgling cafe afloat in a world of high-paced trading teas, percolating profits, and... banging baristas?

Disclaimer: All characters in adult scenes are over 19 years of age. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is coincidental. Story may contain nudity, coarse language, obscure coastal dialects, graphic sexual depictions, and a variety of willing and unwilling mental and physical changes.

Dawn Covy, Dove by Day

“Have you seen this?” I said, out of breath, as I slapped the newspaper onto the counter top.

“Have you seen you?” Foley said, a look of genuine concern on her face as she quickly put the cleaning rag down and rushed to help me onto a stool. “What happened to your foot? Oh shit! Was it Garret? What did he do to you?”

“Doctor said I broke two bones.” I muttered miserably, wincing as my blue metatarsal brace made contact with stainless steel for an instant. “And I never even got to see Garret.”

“We hung out all day.” Leona supplied with an amused smirk on her face. She’d fallen into an absolutely inconsolable fit of laughter when I’d kicked the potted plant and I think she’d only stopped laughing when my foot swelled and turned an ugly shade of purple. “She valiantly saved me from an evil fern but was so sadly injured in the process.”

“It was an accident.” I retorted with a scowl, then tried to turn everyone’s attention back to the newspaper I’d pilfered from the doctor’s lobby. “Have you seen the—”

I didn’t get very far towards that goal before Leona interrupted with a calico smile, “Right after she was attacked by the sexy seamstresses.”

“Seamstresses? Boss, have you been playing around while we were busy working all day? And on top of that why would you play around with lowly sluts when you have your Amber at your beck and call?” my ever playful employee teased, matching Leona’s grin tooth for tooth. She knelt down beside me and gently manipulated my injured foot in it’s metal bracing to try and get a better look at it, and I was surprised at the care she was taking not to move it quickly or jar it as she looked. “Geez, boss. You did a number on this thing.”

“Should have seen the plant.” I said with flat sarcasm, then hit her over the head with the rolled up paper. “Hey! This is more important. And you keep your trap shut, Leona.”

“Look, just because you couldn’t stifle a moan or two doesn’t mean you can get mad at me.” Leona cocked her head coyly and made as if to look at our menu.

“Leona!” I snapped.

“You should have recorded it. I know a few people who’d pay good money to hear her in a good mood.” Foley got up while rubbing her head and took a seat a stool away from me.

“Foley!”

“She doesn’t let you down there? If I had a hot little slice like her as a boss I’d spend half my shift on my knees.”

“No, she’s forced me into her bed twice and made me strip naked, but she wouldn’t let me touch her.” Foley’s crocodile tear was a nice touch as she told some fantasy version of her antics.

“She likes to watch, eh? Garret’s like that some times.”

“Girls!” I screamed and swatted in furious arcs while they laughed and parried my blows. “Can you shut up? I swear to god you two must be soul mates.”

“No, no, no, boss. I’m yours and yours alone.” Foley said as she stuck out her tongue. She must have seen my eye twitching because she quickly cleared her throat and took a more attentive posture. “Sorry, boss. Go ahead.”

“Thank you. If there’s nothing else from the peanut gallery...” I paused for effect as I let my withering glare work its magic on Leona then continued, “Have you read the newspaper today?”

“No. I don’t think I’ve ever read it. Why? What’s happening?” Foley titled her head and tried to read the headline curled around my makeshift weapon.

I unrolled it and shoved it towards her. “We made the front page. It says we were nominated for an award to honour our ‘entrepreneurial spirit’ or something to that extent. That’s where all the people came from, they read about us in the paper and came over to check it out.” I explained my theory as I pointed to random sections of the article for emphasis, “They’ve been running a story on it all week. It says I’m going in to a banquet downtown tomorrow as the guest of honour.”

“Why are we just finding out about this now?” Foley said without looking up, her skills as a university student allowing her to talk, read, and listen all at the same time with varying degrees of success, “Says there’s a cash prize too.”

“Yeah, fifty thousand bucks.” I nodded excitedly, that was my favorite part of the article, then got back on track. “So guess who they sent the invitation with.”

“What are you getting at?”

“Postalex. The girl at the desk was so busy flashing her tits at me while I was picking up the Cham earlier this week that she forgot to give it to me.” I explained, then remembered after it was too late that I hadn’t told Foley about that part.

Foley scoffed almost convincingly as she fought to hide her mischievous grin. “Excuse me? So you order me to jill myself until you get back then wander off to get some slut at the post office to shove her jubblies in your face?”

“You did what? Oh, Dawn! You have such a surprising mean streak!” Leona pounced at the opening, “Here I was thinking you were too innocent for your powers when all along you were more perverted that Alania.”

“She already slept with Alania.” Foley interjected, then held up a stern finger, “And a stripper. At the same time.”

“Dawn!”

“Girls! Focus!” I snapped again, then made to roll up the paper. This display cowed them enough for us to continue, though they kept exchanging playful expressions throughout the conversation. “Whatever happened, the invite got lost. Dimitri and Garret were nice enough to arrange for me to get fitted for a dress and I’m going out tomorrow evening for the party.”

“What about...” Foley gestured to my foot, “Your impairment.”

“I’ll walk it off.” I replied shortly.

Leona snorted, “I think that’s the opposite of what you’re supposed to do. Just take the morning easy and then you can spend most of the banquet sitting down at the head table. It’ll certainly give you something to talk about with the other guests.”

“As long as no one asks me how my week has been then I’ll be fine.” I grumbled, then hobbled to the back to give Parker some instructions for closing while Liona and Foley gossiped in hushed tones. After speaking to Parker I noticed them making some surprisingly athletic gestures with the occasional onomatopoeia that I sincerely hoped had nothing to do with me. I waved them goodbye then headed across the tiny lot to take a shower and get an early night’s rest.

Dawn Covy, Dawn’s Apartment

“...doesn’t seem very adventurous. I would have been all over you if I were her.” Liona’s voice faded into my perception as the cocoon of comforters cradled me in a warm embrace. I actively resisted my desire to crawl out of the depths of my bed as I tried to audibly locate the speaker.

There came a sigh followed by Foley’s muffled voice as she said, “It was bad enough working with her before, but now that she’s got these... those... the power thing I can’t stop thinking about her.”

“Not to mention the hair.” Liona chuckled and I heard her take a sip of something.

“Don’t even get me started on the hair.”

“You don’t like the colour?”

“Hit’s all my buttons. And the braid? Give her a few tattoos and she’d be my walking wet-dream. Total sploosh.” Foley lamented, her tone surprisingly miserable for the unbeat space cadet I knew and sometimes tolerated, “It doesn’t matter, though. I can’t seem to make her cave even a little bit. Just... even when she was drunk she was super guarded, you know?”

“Well, she i’n’t after dating no one since I comes work for her.” Parker’s inimitable accent came from slightly further away, giving me a good understanding of everyone’s location. “Far as I knows she’s as lonely as a cat.”

Parker, at my guess, was on my couch while Foley and Liona were sitting at my table. The various clinking of cups and surfaces left me wondering what everyone was drinking until the vague hint of citrus and herbs washed over my way. Classic green tea with lemongrass. A pleasant scent for the morning, and I had to suppress the urge to stretch and give away my wakefulness. It wasn’t that I wanted to spy on them, it was just rare that I get to know what is going on in their heads. Besides, they barged into my house without permission, so they were fair game as far as I was concerned.

“Asexual?” Liona asked.

“No, she clearly gets hot and bothered, she just seems really repressed.” Foley explained, and I felt my cheeks and ears burning at her accusations, “I know it’s a dick move to be all judgmental and shit, but I think she thinks there something wrong with being into other women. Like, deep south upbringing levels of repressed, you know?”

“Oh, I know. My mother would kill me if she thought I were gay.” Liona replied in a tone that implied a sagely nod, “But Dimitri said she was from up north, didn’t he?”

“New Hampshire. She’s from up that ways. Never talks about who knit her none, though. Maybe her dad turned right left and her mother gone run ’way?”

“No, I don’t think it’s normal daddy issues. She’s too calm and in control for that.” Foley countered, an audible pout on her features.

“Stick up her ass about it, then.” Parker chimed in, “Actually I remember her once snappin’ at me when I asked about her folk.”

“Whatever her reason is I just wish she’d be a little more assertive. I can’t believe she actually did... stuff... with the store clerks but won’t even touch me when I am literally butt naked in her bed.” a tinge of vehemence starting to darken Foley’s tone, her sudden sniffle stabbing a pang of guilt through my heart, “It’s frustrating, is all.”

“Hey, hey. It’s okay, Amber, she’ll come around. She’s probably just freaked out over her new abilities and doesn’t want to accidentally hurt you.” Liona said, her chair creaking as she leaned over and gave Foley a hug, “I’m sure she’ll have you happily kissing her feet in no time.”

“Ew.”

“I don’t know, Emi, she has pretty cute toes.” Foley said, a laugh clearing her sobs as I imagined her quickly wiping away nascent tears. “She does have some nice long legs though. I can’t wait to see her in heels... Oh shit! She can’t wear heels with her foot... god damn it!”

“When it rains it pours.” Parker muttered with dry disdain, then evidently dodged something thrown haphazardly her way, “You little shit!”

Another projectile, perhaps the same one, went ballistic as it bounced off the ceiling and right onto my head. I snapped my hands up to cover the spot where the rabid coaster had smacked me and bolted upright. “Son of a... Foley!”

“I didn’t do it! Parker threw it!” Foley said, suddenly mortified as she bolted to her feet and raced over to me. Before I could wave her away she was prying my hands off my head and inspecting the area for cuts or bruises. “Phew, looks like you’re okay. I thought she hit you harder than that.”

“I’m going to hit you if you don’t give me some space.” I grumbled into a face full of marshmallow as her breasts eclipsed my worldview. She hopped one leg over my lap when she’d rushed over and I was aware we were in one of the many cowgirl positions. “Get off me.”

“Eh? Oh! Sorry, boss, I just wanted to make sure you were... okay.” Foley leaned back, letting me breath, but she stopped short of actually getting off my in lieu of planting her lips on mine.

“Mmmm!” I squealed in surprise as her face and mine closed the distance. She had her hands on either side of my face, my legs still pinned under the blanket as she worked me over. My eyes closed involuntarily as she compounded the warmth of the bed with the warmth of her mouth, a bitter twist from the green tea doing nothing to mar the pleasure of her embrace. I felt the world start reel as I hungrily fought back, my own lips taking charge as I suddenly kicked up and pushed her over.

“Oh!” she cried out in surprise as I pushed her over and rolled on top, myself now dominant in the missionary position, hands holding hers pinned over her head. I quickly broke my lips off of hers and I held her gaze with my own, our heavy breathing in near perfect sync.

“Good morning, Foley. Why the hell are you in my apartment?” I asked, trying and failing to keep an inexplicable grin off my features. I have to admit I was getting strange thoughts in my head, looking down at her as she was so enticingly vulnerable, but I chalked them up to grogginess as her squirming made my mind wander.

She bucked for a moment, and I had to fight the urge to kiss her all over again as she writhed, then eventually met my gaze with an insubordinate sparkle in her eye. “I’ll never tell you. You’ll have to interrogate me.”

“I could order you to tell me.” I retorted flatly.

“Oh, could you?” Foley smirked. Suddenly she pushed off the bed with her elbows and locked her lips on mine yet again. I broke off immediately this time, my top spot giving me much easier access to an escape route than the previous one.

“Hey!” I snapped, and tried to slip off of her only to find the brace on my foot caught in the blankets. I swore several times in the slow motion fall to the floor as Foley tried ineffectively to arrest my motion.

From my new location on the floor, feet high in the air and a blanket threatening to flood over me I saw the bob of Foley’s hair over the lip of the mattress. “You okay, boss?” she said, unable to restrain her laughter.

“I’m good.” I grumbled as I squirmed and rolled to take my feet. I got half way around when Liona and Foley both leaned in to give me a hand. “Thanks.”

“Don’t mention it.” Liona joined with Foley’s laughter and I have to admit it was infectious. “You two make a cute couple in the morning.”

“She’s like a cat; knocking things over and making a mess but it is really hard to stay mad at her.” I played dumb to what I’d overheard, not willing to engage with Foley on that topic just yet, nor in such company. I still didn’t know what to think of Liona, but she seemed to getting along with the gang now and I didn’t want to make a fuss over nothing. I glanced behind me and tried to keep from wincing when I saw Foley’s smile falter for a second at my response.

“You can pet me any time you want, boss. I promise not to scratch too much.” she rallied quickly and stuck her leering grin back in place as she let out a playful purr. “Though I might bite a little bit.”

“You see what I put up with?” Parker called out from her spot on the couch, a wry look of forbearance on her face as she nodded sagely. “Caged love birds, they is.”

I didn’t bother responding and made my way to the bathroom to get cleaned up, took a nice hot shower, and came out wrapped in a pair of modest towels. The towel over my body was showing more leg than I’d like but we were all ladies present so I thought I could get away with it. This is, of course, a mode of thought I’d soon have to get rid of, but I knew I was in good company right at that moment.

The wolf whistles that accompanied my steamy departure from the narrow hallway made it clear that, while the company was good, it was far from mature. “Harr, harr, girls. Get your looks in while you can. I’m wearing a burlap sack for the rest of the day.” I chided as I did a sarcastic twirl, or the closest I could approximate with my injured foot, and flashed them my best model’s glare.

“Nuh uhn, Ms. Covy, you’re fixing for getting gussied up. You’re after to go to that party tonight, remember?” Parker pointed out, the only one not interested overtly in my antics, though thanks to my powers she still snuck in a look at my legs.

“I forgot all about that.” I said truthfully, hopping lightly to my dresser and trying to quietly figure out the logistics of getting changed without showing anything off. In all fairness everyone except Liona had at least glimpsed me naked before, but I was still feeling a little self conscious.

“That’s actually why I’m here.” Liona cleared her throat and turned away just enough to allow her to pretend to be giving me some privacy, “Garret wanted me to make sure you got to your hair appointment and then back to D&G for the dress this afternoon. Otherwise he said I should help out in the cafe since you hurt yourself.”

“That is... nice of you to help out, but I don’t think we have the time to train you today. I’ll muddle along.” I said absently as I pulled a pair of lacy underthings up my legs and over my ass, which got a pair of hoots, and then struggled to get a looser pair of jeans over my braced foot.

“Need a hand with that, boss?”

“No.” I snapped a little too eagerly, not wanting her to take it into her own head to get close to me while the only thing separating her from my breasts was a tightly wrapped towel. “I got it. Just need to work around my foot is all.”

“Oh, okay.” Foley said, her lighthearted chuckle slightly missing its mark as she relaxed back into her seat.

“Don’t worry, Foley, I’m fine. I just need to take it easy when I’m standing and I’ll be fine.” I reassured her, then turned around and quickly popped on a matching bra and blouse then hobbled to the door. “Alright. Let’s get ready to open and see if Liona here can’t do something useful for a change.”

“Oi!” Liona responded with mock indignation as we matched grins and my trio of minions followed me across the lot.