The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

This was written for a contest long ago, which required each story be inspired by a song. For this story, I choose the song ‘Don’t Worry, Be Happy’. Look up the lyrics if you’ve never heard it.

As always, comments, critiques, condemnations, etc, go to .

Don’t Worry, Be Happy

I’m the happiest girl in the world.

It’s not that I’m better off than everyone else, or that I have joined cult, or anything like that. I’ve just found the secret to happiness. Or, rather, I was taught the secret.

It is so simple, really: Unhappiness is caused by worrying about things you can’t do anything about. Or really, worrying about anything at all. So, all you have to do is stop worrying.

Do that, and you’ll find life is easier to handle, really. All those worries that you have, they just weigh you down. Life works out eventually.

For instance, take my life. It seems like ages ago, but it was only a month ago that Bruce taught me the secret. I’d been sitting in some diner, worried that my job wasn’t going to last, that my boss was going to get fresh, that I’d get kicked out of my apartment... All these minor things.

Bruce worked with me, back at my old job. He happened to walk in and see me there, worrying and unhappy. He asked what the problem was, what I was worried about.

He’s a nice guy, so I told him. We talked for a while, and I asked how come he always seemed so happy. Why life just seems to work for him.

That’s when he told me his secret. That he realized in high school that life is too short to worry about it. So, he doesn’t.

I’ll admit I laughed at him, just as you are laughing at me right now. I told him it could never be so simple. But, he convinced me to try it. “Anytime you have a worry, just call me. I’ll get rid of it.” He said.

And you know, by the end of our conversation, it was really starting to work. I had stopped worrying, and was happier. Not as happy as I am now, but happier.

The boss tried hitting on me the next day. Remembering what Bruce said, I didn’t worry. I just told him what I thought about what he was doing, flat out.

It felt good, it really did. Freeing.

Then I got fired, or ‘laid off.’ Company restructuring, whatever they call it. For a little bit that slowed me down, made me worry about what I would do. But I called Bruce, and he talked me out of the worry.

After all, the job was a main source of worries, wasn’t it? With all the deadlines and politics, and all that stress. Stuff I’m happier without, really.

By the time I got home, I really felt much better. I could just relax, see what came up, watch TV. It was glorious.

Though I still had a few worries left, occasionally.

My main one was money, really. I worried about all the money I didn’t have. Really, isn’t that so silly? Lots of people have money, I can’t worry about all of it! And lots more don’t have any! Should I worry for them too?

Still, I wouldn’t give it up. So, Bruce found something for me to do. Something not as stressfull as my previous job. All I have to do is dance. Really, that’s it. Just dance, and men give me money. It’s fun, I love to do it, and it takes care of two of my worries: money, and boredom!

Isn’t it great how life just works out?

Of course, I missed a rent payment before I got that job. But I knew enough not to worry about that. I just called Bruce when I found my furniture out on the street. He took the worry away, and came with a truck to take my stuff. He even offered to let me stay at his place until I find a place of my own!

But who wants to worry about finding an apartment? I can just stay at his place; Bruce doesn’t mind. I don’t even have to worry about taking up his space: Bruce got rid of my stuff, and I share his room.

So, now I have job that is fun, and I don’t have to worry about my apartment, or anything! Bruce even takes care of my paycheck for me! I have nothing to worry about, so it is any wonder I’m so happy all the time?

But, here comes Bruce, he can explain everything. I’m sure you want to be happy to!