The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Coffee Shop III: The Good, The Bad, And The Hypnotized

Disclaimer. The following story, is a work of fiction. The characters portrayed within are a work of fiction as well, and any resemblance to any person, living or dead is a coincidence and unintentional.

Copyright © 1999. This story is the property of the author, Canadian Cowboy. Any duplication, in whole or in part, is forbidden without the express written consent of the author, Canadian Cowboy.

Chapter 10. In Front of the Fireplace.

I was at a loss for words. I couldn’t think of anything to say to Andrew, when I turned back to look at him.

“Well, here we are,” I said lamely.

“Yup. Here we are,” Andrew agreed.

“I hope you understand that I care more about what is inside you, and who you are as a person, than how you look,” I said to him in an attempt to keep the conversation going. “I’d be lying though, if I told you that I would not want to you to hold me in your arms for a while.”

“If that’s a pickup line, it’s not a very good one,” Andrew replied, looking at me doubtfully.

“It’s not a pick up line, Andrew,” I said to him as I looked him directly in the eyes My heart started to beat quickly as I thought to myself that in only a few seconds this hunk of an RCMP constable would be only to glad to have me hypnotize him, and do even more. “I think it is important that you know from the start that I am physically attracted to you, and that the idea of holding you in my arms is very enticing to me. However, I realize that I barely know you and that all I can hope for or even consider asking of you is that you might let me hold your hand in mine for a while.” My gaze didn’t wavier a millimeter as I looked into Andrew’s eyes.

He blinked a few times and then spoke. “You really mean this, don’t you?” He asked me.

“Yes, I really do,” I answered. I continued to look into his eyes and then sent the mental command “Andrew you really want me to hypnotize you tonight and you will find it so very easy to follow along with the suggestions. They will take effect immediately.”

Andrew blinked a few times and then sighed. “I see,” he said.

“So what would you like to do now?” I asked him, trying not to smile.

“Just sit here, look at the fire, talk a bit and finish my coffee,” he answered.

I was surprised. That was NOT the answer I was expecting. Maybe he was a more difficult subject than I had thought. I managed to conceal my surprise behind a smile, as I asked him teasingly, “You don’t want to try hypnosis now?”

“No, not really,” he said. “Maybe later.”

“Sure, okay,” I replied. I looked away and stared into the fire and thought for a minute. My mental commands had not had any affect on Andrew at all. It was as if I had never sent them to him. That didn’t seem right. My powers had never ever failed me. Perhaps I hadn’t used enough force, or I wasn’t focused enough or the suggestions were too vague. During the years I had encountered a few subjects that required more concentration and effort on my part in order to implant my mental commands into their minds. I took a few deep breaths and gathered together my powers and concentrated on the specific commands that I wanted to implant into Andrew’s mind. I waited for a few more seconds and then turned back to face Andrew.

“Would you like a fresh cup of coffee?” I asked him as I looked directly into his eyes. Quickly and forcefully I sent a simple and straightforward command, “Andrew, remove your boots, now.”

“No thanks,” he answered, and sat back in the sofa to make himself more comfortable.

It was remarkable! He didn’t show the slightest inclination to carry out my instructions. I could feel the energy pouring out of my mind as I projected a more and more powerful mental commands at him, but nothing happened. It was very strange, but I could sense the commands weakening and fading as they got closer to Andrew. By the time they reached within a centimeter of his forehead they had faded away to nothing. Stranger and stranger. I did not understand what was happening at all. The more I thought about it, the less I liked the conclusion that I was arriving at. I could not, for some as of yet undetermined reason, influence Andrew. Suddenly I felt vulnerable and exposed. I was not in control here. I did not have my powers to rely on. If something went wrong, I was on my own.

I looked at Andrew sitting there and realized with a sudden chill, that he could overpower me physically if he wanted to. I didn’t have a safety net, not any more. My powers had failed me or were gone. I was, as far as Andrew was concerned, a ‘normal’ guy. What I mean is a ‘normal’ gay guy. I swallowed a few times as I realized that if we did any hypnosis tonight it would be the ordinary kind, and I was out of practice doing that. I would have to rely on my hypnosis skills and on Jack and Steven’s judgment that Andrew was a trustworthy person. It was scary. Very scary. Who was I kidding? I was terrified to the core of my being. The more I thought about it the more terrified I became, and the more terrified I became the more I thought about it. Around and around and around these thoughts went in my head, with no end in sight. I turned anyway from Andrew and towards the flames dancing on the logs in the fireplace. I focused on them and let my mind empty. I let my thoughts and worries and concerns just drift away with the flames, as I concentrated on breathing. Nothing but breathing. In. Out. In. Out. Slow and steady. Getting into the rhythm. I was rewarded with a wonderful sense of peace and calm passing over my body and through my mind, as I relaxed deeply. It was an old self hypnotic relaxation method that I’d taught myself many years ago and it never failed to help calm me.

“You’re very quite all of a sudden,” Andrew said to me after a few minutes of silence.

I turned back to look at him, and realized that I wasn’t scared of him any more. This was going to be just like one of my dates before I discovered my powers and was trained to use them. The idea of hypnotizing Andrew using just ordinary hypnosis seemed new and exciting to me. A challenge that I had not encountered for several years. “I was just relaxing and calming myself down,” I said to him. “To be honest though, I was also thinking about you, and wondering if I could use the flames in the fireplace to hypnotize you.”

“You have a one track mind,” Andrew said, and smirked at me. “But what if I don’t want you to?” He asked.

“Then all I can do is to keep thinking about how much I’d like to try and hope that you might change your mind later,” I answered him without batting an eye. He didn’t say anything, but only continued to gaze at me with an unreadable expression on his face. “Well you asked,” I added lamely.

“I’m a bit surprised that you haven’t pushed the idea of hypnosis more,” Andrew said to me. “After all you admitted that you really enjoy hypnotizing guys and that you are attracted to me. I was expecting you to put up more of a fight, so to speak.”

“Andrew,” I said quietly. “Didn’t I make it clear to you that I can’t hypnotize you against your will?” (Boy, was THAT the truth!). “You have to want to have this happen, or nothing will happen. I am not going to waist my time and effort trying to hypnotize you, if you don’t want to be hypnotized in the first place. Such an effort is sure to fail.”

“I see,” he said and there was a touch of disappointment in his voice.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Well, I think I was expecting more from you,” Andrew answered vaguely

“In what way, exactly?” I prompted him.

“I’m not sure,” he responded hesitantly. “I think I was expecting you to be more forceful and more demanding.”

“More demanding?” I asked in a puzzled voice.

“Well, I didn’t expect you to take ‘no’ for an answer and give up so easily,” Andrew said and looked directly at me. “I thought you’d pursue the matter, maybe tell about all the good things that can be done with hypnosis to, you know, kind of talk me into it.”

“Ah, I see,” I said very quietly. “I don’t like trying to talk someone into something that they say that they do not want to do. I don’t like playing ‘mind games’ such as that. To me, ‘no’ means ‘no’, not ‘maybe’, and certainly not ‘take me I’m yours’. I have told you how I feel about wanting to hypnotize you, Andrew, and when you said ‘no’ I thought it best to leave it at that.”

“When you’ve seen something that you wanted, I mean really wanted, haven’t you ever gone after it and kept going after it until you got it?” Andrew asked me, looking intently at me.

I almost lost my train of thought as I listened to that sexy, honey smooth tenor voice of Andrew’s. He was quite a package. Good looks, wonderful voice, sexy and gay. I sighed softly to myself, as I came to realize that there might be a few things about Andrew that I might not like, or that I might actually dislike. Plus and minus. I dragged my thoughts back to the issue at hand and did my best to give Andrew an answer.

“If you are talking about a thing, then yes I have done that,” I said. “However, if you are talking about a person, the answer is no. Andrew, people are not things. Everyone deserves a little common courtesy, and respect. When someone tells you ‘no’ you have to respect that decision as well as the person. People who say ‘no’ when they really mean ‘yes’ like to play games and manipulate other people. I don’t enjoy doing that, and especially do not like having that done to me. Frankly, I really don’t have the time or energy to waist on such games. I would rather spend my time with people who mean what they say, and don’t have hidden agendas. Open and truthful communication is the foundation of any type of relationship, be it friends, neighbors or lovers. Complete honesty is not possible, nor would I expect it, since everyone has to tell a ‘little white lie’ at one time or another.”

“I’m sorry to sound as if I am preaching at you,” I said to him with a sad smile. “We all have different values and beliefs, and these are mine. I take people at face value, and I believe what they tell me until proven otherwise. I am enjoying your company tonight. If you want to do something then just come out and tell me. Please, don’t hint or tempt or play coy. I don’t know you well enough right now to understand your different moods, and I would not want to accidentally annoy or insult you.” (My that was a mouthful, and despite my claim, I was preaching at him. I was so tired of people playing games that as soon as I started to see it happening I tried to put an immediate stop to it. I have had more than one guy leave in a huff after being preached at. To be honest, I’ve never missed those guys or regretted what I have said to them.)

Andrew looked at me, and blinked his eyes a few times, but he didn’t say anything. I waited quietly. The ball was in his court, so to speak. He looked at me, and I could not for the life of me, figure out what the expression on his face meant, nor did I have any idea of what he might be thinking. Mind you, I was probably not paying as close attention to his face and expression as I should have been. I was somewhat blinded by his attractive features. His was a very handsome face, as I have described it before, but up close like this, with the light from the fireplace reflected off his clean smooth skin, he was even more attractive. Inside I ached to cradle that face of his in my hands and to plant a warm soft tender, and yes sensuous, kiss on to those lips of his. I tore my gaze away from his face and let my eyes roam downward to get a close look at Andrew’s body. Massive shoulders, and a narrow waist. Strong muscular legs, from what I could tell since he was wearing those riding pants. His hands were folded easily in his lap and so I could not get a very good look at the front of his uniform pants but those black pants with the yellow stripe down the outside seam would not have revealed much anyway. They were riding pants and thus were very loose fitting until they tapered down to his knees. I would have enjoyed tracing that yellow stripe with my fingers, but it was much too early to consider anything like that. The high brown boots of his uniform reflected the flames of the fire like mirrors. It was almost painful to look at. The boots stopped at about mid calf on his lower legs. His legs were not stretched out in front of him but were in the normal position when one is seated, with his feet flat on the floor (well rug in this case). His legs looked as strong and powerful as the rest of his body, and I trembled slightly as I realize just how powerful, how physically strong this man sitting next to me really was. I wasn’t trembling with fear, but with anticipation. I wanted to know what his uniform was beneath the jacket.

I switched my gaze back to Andrew’s face and he hadn’t moved a muscle. Not even a twitch. I smiled that small innocent smile of mine at him. I couldn’t think of anything else to do. Actually I could think of a LOT of things to do, but none of which would have had a snowball’s chance in hell of success, at least not at this time.

Andrew leaned forward and placed his lips near my left ear. “Okay,” he whispered at me, and then sat back, but he did not smile, not even a hint of one. Even when he whispered his voice was like liquid sound that flowed into my ear and brain. “How can a man have such a sexy and provocative voice without even trying?” I wondered to myself.

“Okay, what?” I asked him speaking softly.

“Go ahead and try to hypnotize me,” Andrew answered softly. “It is the reason why I came here tonight. But I think I should warn you that it’s been tried before without much success.”

“Just as long as you work with me on this, Andrew,” I said to him. “Please don’t try and fight me, that is all I ask. Thank you for trying this.”

“You’re welcome. Now what?” He asked.

“To begin with, sit up straight with your feet flat on the floor and with your hands flat on your lap turned palm up,” I instructed him. He took a few moments to comply.

“Do not bother responding to what I say with any type of verbal response. Just nod your head for a ‘yes’ or shake side to side for a ‘no’. Do you understand?” I asked him. Andrew nodded his head once.

“It is all right with you if I call you Andy?” I asked him. “Andrew sounds so formal and well, stuffy.” I grinned at him.

He nodded his head and smiled back at me. My little joke has eased some of the tension, which was good.

“Fine,” I said. “I would like you to focus your attention on the flames dancing in the fireplace. Don’t pick out any one flame, just let your eyes jump around from flame to flame as fire moves about in the fireplace. That is all I would like you to look at and to think about. Just focusing on the flames and what they look like. Their colors and how alive they seem.” Andrew’s eyes shifted from looking at me to gazing on the flames in the fireplace. The switch was easy and that was a good sign, but it was much too early to tell how much of a success this was going to be.

“Think only of the flames in the fireplace and how much you enjoy looking at them,” I told him. “Let everything else fade into the background. Each and every time when you feel yourself experiencing the situations and sensations that I describe, each and every time when you feel them happen just nod your head.”

I paused for a few moments and then continued after I saw Andrew nod his head again. “Think only of the flames and soon and very soon indeed you will find it becomes just a bit easier to keep your eyes focused on the flames, and to follow them as they move around. When that happens, nod your head, Andy. Just focus on the flames moving around and soon and very soon indeed you will become aware of the sensation of your feet pressing down in your boots, and when that happens you nod your head.”

Those wonderful warm brown eyes of Andrew’s were flicking around as he let his attention jump from one flame to another, and he nodded his head a couple of times as the suggestions began to take hold.

“Finding it easier and easier to keep looking and following the flames as they move around, Andy,” I said to him in a smooth mellow tone. Andrew’s head nodded a second or two later. “Becoming more aware of the position of your body as you sit there watching the flame. The weight of your hands in your lap, and the warm comfortable feeling of your buttocks as they press down in the cushions on the sofa. Becoming just a bit more comfortable as you sit there and watch the flames. Coming to the realization that you are experiencing a simple state of relaxation, as you focus your mind and attention more and more on the flames and on my voice. Finding that it becomes a bit easier to maintain your focus with each word that I utter and with each breath that you take. Feeling yourself becoming more centered, and more in control of yourself as you start to follow along with the statements I say to you.” Andrew’s eyes started to become fixated on the flames and I noticed the muscles of his face start to slacken as his attention became more and more focused on listening to my words and on the flames in the fireplace. This was going very well, and I was pleased at how well he was responding.

“When you notice a change in your breathing, Andy, you just nod your head. When you feel that your body is starting to relax just a bit more, you nod you head again,” I said to him keeping my voice smooth mellow and even. Andrew nodded his head a couple of times. I continued. “Each and every time, when you feel that sense of relaxation growing and starting to spread throughout your body, you nod your head. It feels good doesn’t it?” I asked.

He nodded his head and I saw his eyes start to blink a few times. He was going into hypnosis like a classic textbook subject. I found it hard to believe that he’d had problems being hypnotized before.

“Relaxation growing strong with each word that I utter and with each breath that you take,” I said. “Feeling the sense of relaxation deepen, and when it does, you find that your eyes blink a bit more frequently, as the muscles around your eyes start to relax just as the muscles in your face become more and more relaxed. Knowing that you are safe and secure, and that when you want to go deeper into relaxation, all that you have to do is to keep following along with my voice and to nod your head.”

Andrew’s head bobbed up and down a few times, and he let out a long deep sigh as he slipped even deeper into hypnosis. He might not have realized that was the case, but I was sure of it. All the physical signs were there. His eyes were blinking very frequently now, but he did not seem to have any problems maintaining his focus on the flames in the fireplace. His legs were starting to spread out a bit as he started to relax, and I notice that he was beginning to slouch as he became more and more relaxed.

“Feeling yourself going deeper, Andy, don’t you?” I asked him. There was a slight delay but then he nodded his head again. “The deeper you go the better you feel, Andy, and the better you feel the deeper you go. Always going deeper, always feeling better. Finding it so very easy to just let go and drift even deeper down into a special place in your mind. A place that for you represents security, safely, peace and comfort.”

Andrew’s head continued to bob up and down and he nodded it several times in a row. I noticed that his lips had parted and he had silently mouthed some words, but since I don’t read lips I could not be sure what it was that he had said to me.

“Deeper and deeper, and your entire body, becoming more and more relaxed,” I said to him. “Your eyelids becoming so relaxed now that it starts to become tiring to keep them open, as much as you want to keep looking at the flames in the fireplace.”

“Blink, blink, blink,” I said to him, in time with the blinking of his eyelids. “Letting go and going deeper with each blink of you eyes, Andy. Becoming more and more difficult to keep your eyes open. Almost as if with each blink your eyelids are getting heavier as you feel yourself letting go even easier, and drifting down deeper and deeper.”

Andrew was blinking his eyes very frequently now, and his face had a blank vacant look pasted on it. He was starting to sway just a little bit, as he sat there staring intently into the flames of the fire. His head had dipped about two or three centimeters, as the muscles in his neck had started to relax. I smiled and watched him for a few moments, savoring the delicious and delightful scene in front of me. He was so damn good looking! I was intensely aroused by the sight of him sitting there next to me on the sofa, staring at the flames in the fireplace. I had a bit of a case of tented trousers, if you get my drift. It was the sight of this hunk, this stud, this major league stud muffin in an RCMP uniform (less the hat and gloves), letting go and slipping even deeper into hypnosis that was causing me to feel so very good. I had to remain focused on the task at hand, though, and get him very deep into hypnosis if it was going to be a successful session.

“When you feel your eyelids become so heavy, that all you want to do is to close them, and to slip down even deeper into this special place of yours, Andy, just let me know,” I said to him suggestively. “Eyelids so heavy, that when you finally close them, your head will drop to your chest and a wave of relaxation will pass through every muscle in your body as you let go completely, and feel yourself going down ten times deeper than you are now.”

Andrew was having some difficulty keeping his eyes open now. Slowly the lids would close and then he would wrench them open, which cause his head to jerk upward a bit. His eyes would blink some more, and then closely close again, whereas he would wrench them open again with another jerk of his head. He managed to nod his head a few times between each wrenching of his eyelids, and thus I knew that he was ready to let go and go even deeper.

“When you feel my fingers touch your forehead, Andy, your eyelids will finally snap shut, and you can let go,” I said to him as I raised my left arm and placed the fingers of my left hand just in front of Andrew’s forehead, being careful to keep them out of his view. Andrew quickly nodded his head, and again his lips moved in silence, as he said something. I placed my lips near to Andrew’s right ear, and prepared myself. “Deep Sleep!” I breathed loudly into his ear and at the exact same time pressed down suddenly and firmly on his forehead.

Andrew’s eyes fluttered closed and slowly his head sank down until his chin touched his chest. He let out a long slow deep sigh, and his beautiful body swayed a few times as more and more of his muscles relaxed. A few heartbeats later he slouched down low into the sofa, and his knees spread wide apart. I looked at his face, his profile as he sat there next to me, and I saw a smile slowly form on his lips. His face looked peaceful and at ease.

“How do you feel, Andy?” I asked him.

“Relaxed and good,” he whispered. “Comfortable.”

“Fine,” I said. “Would you like to go even deeper and feel even better?” Andrew did not say anything. He only nodded his head a few times, and continued to smile.

“Going even deeper now, Andy,” I said to him. “As I count backward from 10 to zero, with each and every descending number you will feel yourself going even deeper into this wonderful state of hypnosis and feeling even better.” Andrew nodded his head a few times, but did nothing else.

“Ten. Starting to let go just a bit more. Finding it easier and easier to let go. Nine. Slipping down deeper and deeper, Andy. Eight. Letting go becomes easier and easier. Seven. The deeper you go the better you feel and the better you feel the deeper you go. Always going deeper always feeling better. Six. Following my voice, my words as they help you to continue to go down deeper and deeper. Five. Slipping down easily now. Just continuing to go even deeper. Four. With each word that I utter and with each breath that you take, feeling yourself going down deeper and deeper. Three. Going down deeper and deeper and deeper. More and more relaxed, and comfortable, and at peace. Two. The deeper you go the better you feel, and the better you feel the deeper you go. Always going deeper, always feeling better. One. Nearly there now, going down even deeper. Zero. Ten times deeper than you were before, Andy.”

During my monologue, Andrew nodded his head a lot and started to slump down even more. As his body became more and more relaxed he started to lean forward more and more. Slowly, his head and chest dropped lower and lower as they headed for his knees. By the end of the count his body was folded over and his head was nearly between his knees. I looked at him as he lay there slumped over and my mind was awash with intense feelings of exhalation, exhilaration, ecstasy and euphoria. I had done it! He was hypnotized very deeply but I could not leave him in that position. It would be come very uncomfortable for him in a short time. I stood up and walked over in front of him. Carefully I place my hands on his shoulders and pushed his body upwards. It wasn’t at all easy since he was a very large and heavy man. (I know, I know, if you had been there with me you’d have been only to glad to help me . At times like this, friends like you, I don’t need!) I pushed and shoved and finally I managed to move Andrew’s body upward until it toppled over backwards, to land on the back of the sofa with a soft thump. His head rolled to the right side and his arms had moved off of his lap and were lying by his sides, loose and limp. He looked like a rag doll. A very cute rag doll in an RCMP uniform. (sigh) But there were a few more things to do yet.

“Feeling better Andy?” I asked him as I reached over and picked up his right hand with my left hand, and placed Andrew’s right hand back in his lap. I sat down beside Andrew now that I’d cleared off some room on the sofa. True confessions time. I was tempted, for just a second or so, to sit down on top of Andrew’s hand. The thought of my buttocks on top of and around Andrew’s hand was very erotic. The idea of those strong fingers of that large hand protruding just slightly between my butt cheeks and restrained only by the fabric of my suit pants (and also my underwear) was delectable. Reluctantly, I admitted to myself that it was much too soon for anything like that. I could not take liberties with Andrew that I could have with some who was really in my power. This was only hypnosis, not super hypnosis after all.

Andrew nodded his head, and continued to smile like a Cheshire cat as he sat there sprawled on the sofa.

“Do you like this state that you are in, Andy?” I asked him. He nodded his head but did not speak.

“Would you like to return to this state or an even deeper state than this, Andy?” I prompted him. Another head nod.

“Would you like me to be the person to help you return to this state again?” I queried him. A quick head nod.

“Do you trust me enough to help you return to this state? I can’t help you come back to this state if you do not trust me, Andy.” I said to him. An immediate nod of his head. I let out a silent sigh of relief. Now that we had some trust established, providing that Andrew wasn’t lying to me, I could implant the signal for returning to hypnosis, with a very high probability of success.

“Wonderful, Andy,” I said to him. “Now listen carefully. Each and every time that I say the phrase, ‘purple fuzzy bunny slippers’ you will immediately return to this state. You will go down twice as fast and twice as deep as before. When you return to this most wonderful of states, your eyes will close quickly and your head will nod forward as a wave of deep, wonderful and intense relaxation washes through your body. If you are standing or sitting, though you will remain that way and no matter how deep you may go, you will not slip slide, fall or topple over. When you understand all this, let me know.”

I waited almost not daring to breath. It had been so long since I’d done ordinary hypnosis like this, that I could not be sure whether or not I was rushing things too fast. It was much more exciting than I’d remembered. The thrill of the unknown, and the possibility of failure made it all the more suspenseful. I had been doing too much super hypnosis and had forgotten the soul-stirring, heart-swelling and nerve-wracking commotion that hypnotizing a new subject brought out in me. It was ironic to realize that my powers of super hypnosis had caused me to become jaded about the very act of hypnotizing a man. I had forgotten what an aphrodisiac it could be for me.

These thoughts raced through my mind as I desirously watched Andrew for the reaction that I silently prayed for. It seemed like an eternity to me, but it was probably only a second or two before Andrew nodded his head once again. A wave of heat and relief passed through my body.

“What happens when I say ‘purple fuzzy bunny slippers’ to you, Andy?” I asked him.

“I come back down here,” he said dreamily. “I go back down twice as fast and twice as deep as before. Feels so good.”

“Exactly, Andy.” I praised him. He smiled a big smile for a moment and then it faded back into that small satisfied smirk that had been his expression for the past little while.

“When you want to go even deeper, Andy,” I said to him keeping my voice calm and soothing. “Undo your scarlet tunic, and push it open.. With each button that you undo, you’ll go down even deeper and feel even better.”

Before I finished the last word Andrew’s hands were moving towards his waist, and quickly unbuckled the gun belt on his uniform jacket, and unclipped the shoulder strap. The shoulder flaps were undone next, followed by his hands reaching up and removing the snow white lanyard from around his neck. He fasten the lanyard around the right shoulder flap of his uniform, so that the lanyard would not get in the way. He lifted his head for a moment as his hands moved up to the top button of his uniform, directly under his chin, and quickly completed their task. Slowly, smoothly and effortlessly his hands worked their way down the front of his uniform jacket, undoing each button in turn. All the while Andrew continued to nod his head and to smile that smile of his. With the last button finally undone, Andrew reached up and pushed the front of his uniform jacket off to the side revealing a very muscular chest and a narrow waist. He was even more of a hunk than I’d thought! With his jacket pushed open , and his arms resting off to either side of him, I could see the plain light colored uniform shirt and dark tie that he wore. I could not be sure of the color since there was only firelight to see by, but I would have guessed at white or off white. The simple plain tie was the same dark color, (black) as his uniform pants. Plain black suspenders kept his uniform pants at the proper level. My eyes quickly went back to that wonderful chest again. I was entranced with his build. I kept thinking about what it would feel like to have Andrew hold me in his arms, with his shirt off, and to be surrounded by such a strong powerful man, all the while knowing that he was willing to respond to my suggestions. It was a goal worth working towards.

“That feels so much better, doesn’t it Andy?” I prompted him. A quick nod of his head was his response.

“When you wake up in a few minutes, you will not remember undoing your jacket, but everything else you will recall, if you wish to,” I instructed him. “It will not upset you or cause you concern. In fact you might even find it funny, when you realize that your jacket is undone. When you hear me say the word, ‘recall’ though, the memory of undoing your jacket will return immediately.”

Andrew nodded his head as soon as I finished speaking. I didn’t have to ask him any more to do that. He was starting to do it automatically, which was another good sign.

“Excellent,” I said. “In a few moments I will count from zero to five where zero is this state or an even deeper state than this, and five represents eyes open and wide awake. Here we go now. Zero. Starting to come up just a bit now, and as you do you notice a smile tugging at the corners of your mouth. One. Coming up a bit more, and the smile has turned into a grin.” Andrew was grinning happily as I looked at him sitting there I was almost loath to wake him up, he was so damn good looking!

“Two,” I continued. “The grin getting bigger and bigger because the harder you try not to grin the bigger the grin gets. Three. A feeling of peace and calm flows through your body, and your mind become clear, calm and alert. Four. Nearly there now, and you feel the need for more oxygen so you take a long slow deep breath and let out.” I savored the sight of Andrew’s heavenly chest heaving before me as he took a very deep breath and let it out.

“Five. Eyes open. Wide awake! Wide awake!” I said to him. His eyes didn’t open though. He sat there slouched on the sofa and did not open his eyes. All he did was to shake his head from side to side in a silent ‘no’ signal. I was surprised and somewhat happy that he hadn’t come out of hypnosis, but also concerned too.

“Time to wake up now, Andy,” I said to him.

“No. Don’t want to,” he said softly. “I want to say here. It’s so nice....”

I was tempted to leave him there, but I needed to know how effective my post hypnotic suggestions were and to find out that he had to wake up.

“Fine, you stay there, Andy,” I said to him sounding as if I had given up the desire to awaken him. “When you feel yourself going even deeper, because it feels so nice, you notice that your bladder begins to feel full. The longer you stay down in this state the more full your bladder feels. Soon, you will feel the need to relieve yourself, and you will have to ask me to bring you back out of hypnosis so that you can go and relive yourself. So just enjoy yourself now, Andy and continue to go even deeper. This suggestion works ONLY for this one session, though, Andy.”

I watched Andy as he sat there on the sofa, and smiled to himself. He looked so nice sitting there, that I was tempted to reach over and fondle his tie, just for fun. In a few minutes his smile faded and he began to look a bit uncomfortable. He started to fidget, and look more and more uncomfortable. As the minutes passed he began to squirm around, with a very unhappy look on his face. His legs suddenly moved together and his hands flew down to the fly of his uniform pants.

“I want to come out now,” he muttered.

“Did you say something, Andy?” I asked him.

“I want to come out now,” he said in a clear strong voice. “I have to go to the bathroom, very badly. Please, would you help me come out now?”

I’m not a cruel or mean person. Andrew was really suffering, and I did not want him to have an accident, so I responded immediately. “Of course, Andy,” I answered. “Zero. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Wide awake! Wide awake!” I said in a clear and commanding voice.

Andrew’s eyes popped open and he jumped to his feet, literally. He looked around frantically and then looked down at me.

“Down that hall, first door on the right,” I told him answering the unasked question. Andrew nearly ran to the bathroom in his urgency to reach it in time. I heard the door slam closed, and I chuckled softly to myself. It might have been just a tiny bit mean to have used that method to wake Andrew up, but it was most effective. I waited patiently for Andrew to finish relieving himself, and idly wondered to myself what his reaction to all this would be.

Five minutes passed, the bathroom door opened, and a much happier Andrew appeared in the doorway. He looked at me, and started to laugh softly as he made his way back to the living room. His laughter was rich and full. Not bellowing, but the full bodied easy laughter that comes when one is genuinely happy. Andrew’s laugh was even more pleasant to listen to than his speaking voice. His laugh was warm and inviting, like being offered a hot cup of cocoa on a cold winter afternoon. By the time he had returned to his position on the sofa next to me he was laughing continuously and he was not able to talk. It was all he could do to raise his right hand and waggle a finger at me. I merely smiled back at him and waited. It took several more minutes for Andrew to stop laughing and compose himself enough to talk to me.

“They were right,” he said, and started laughing again.

“Who was right?” I asked, although I had a pretty good idea of who he was referring to.

“Jack and Steve,” Andrew answered. “They told me you were good at this. They warned me that I was in for a surprise or two. I didn’t believe them, though.”

“And now?” I asked with one eyebrow raised.

“I believe,’ he chortled, and looked right at me. “You’re good. Very good. I had my doubts at first, but I’m convinced that you hypnotized me.”

“Might I ask why you believe that?” I said.

“Well,” he replied, smiling at me with warmth and friendship. “To begin with I’ve never felt so good in all my life. I felt like I was floating on cloud nine. I guess that was why I didn’t want to come back out, when you told me to. By the way, that was a naughty trick you pulled to get me to wake up. I’ve never felt the need to pee so bad in my life. For a few seconds I was afraid I wouldn’t make it to the bathroom in time. I do have one question for you, though.”

“Which is?” I prompted him.

“How did my jacket get undone? Did you unbutton it, or did you have me do that?” Andrew asked me. “Tell the truth now,” he said with a foreboding look on his face.. “Or else,” he continued and then grinned at me.

“Or else, what?” I asked trying to look as innocent as possible.

“Or else, I’ll take you over my knee and spank you, for lying to a police officer,” he rumbled.

“As fun as that might be for you,” I said to him with a smirk on my face., and a twinkle in my eye. “I think it more likely that you’d wind up over my knee, and loving every second of it. Don’t you recall what happened, while you were hypnotized, Andy?” I asked him, and smiled. I was going to enjoy the next few minutes, immeasurably.

Andrew froze for a few seconds as the suppressed memories came flashing back into his mind. He looked over at me and chuckled softly, for a few moments.

“Well, that explains that, I guess,” he said. “You really are good at this.” He looked at me with a gleam in his eye, and a his smile melted into an expression of awe as he realized just what had happened so far tonight. “I never thought you’d be able to do it, though. I’ve tried hypnosis with therapists and doctors, but none of them was able to achieve anything like the depth that you achieved tonight. How did you do it?”

I looked at him and thought carefully about how to answer that question. Should I lie to him, or should I tell him what I thought the explanation was? The truth might scare him away, and I didn’t want that. But, I’d always been truthful with my subjects in the past and now was not the time to change that. I steeled myself and took a deep breath.

“I’m no expert, mind you,” I began as Andrew paid close attention. “But I think it comes down to trust. You trust me more than you did those other people, and I have an idea as to why that may be. Tell me, Andy, are you still in the closet, as I am?”

“Yes,” he answered. “What does that have to do with it?”

“Come on, Andy,” I teased him. “Think about it for a minute.”

“I don’t see where you are going with this,” he said after a few moments thought.

“I already know that you are gay, so you don’t have to worry about me accidentally finding this out about you,” I said to him. “With those other people you did have to worry about that, and so you couldn’t really let your guard down and trust them enough to help you achieve a deep level of hypnosis. You don’t have that problem with me. You can trust me.”

“When you put it that way, it seems to make sense,” he agreed.

“Well, from tonight’s session I would say that you are a very good subject and we can have a lot of fun. That is, if you want to,” I said and winked at him.

“Oh, such as?” He said sitting up straight and tall, and crossing his arms defiantly in front of his chest, daring me to do something.

I quickly took up the gauntlet. “Purple fuzzy bunny slippers, Andy,” I said to him.

Andrew blinked a few times and then his eyes closed and his head nodded forward. There was just the faintest suggestion of a smile on his lips, and he sat there, and started to nod his head slowly a sure sign that he was slipping down even deeper than before. I was going to say something to him about going even deeper but he was already taking care of that it seemed. His upper body was starting to sway just a bit as he continued to drift off.

“Attention!” I yelled out at him.

Andrew jumped to his feet and immediately assumed the position with his body erect and ramrod straight, eyes open and facing the front, arms at his sides and heels together. All trace of peace and calm was gone. He looked confused and bewildered.

“Constable Anderson, you are out of uniform!” I yelled up at him.

“Yes, Corporal! Sorry, Corporal!” he barked back at me automatically. His years of RCMP training and discipline were causing him to react without really thinking. He was responding to a voice of authority in an almost instinctive manner. Now you know why I love hypnotizing soldiers. They are already conditioned to respond to authority. But enough about that.

I shifted my position on the sofa so that I was sitting more in the center of it. “I expect better from a man with your experience, Anderson!” I yelled at him, using my best drill sergeant’s voice. “Perhaps a little corporal punishment will help you to remember! Turn around and drape your backside across my lap. This is one lesson you’re not going to forget!”

“Yes Corporal!” Andrew replied immediately. Smartly he spun around and looked down at me. Without blinking an eye he climbed onto the sofa and draped his body, (oh that sexy hunk of a body of his) so that his ass was positioned across my lap. “Ready, sir!” he called out while lying at attention, with his arms held stiffly at his sides and steeled himself for the pain.

I gently tapped his buttocks a couple of times, and then reached over, slipped my hands under the tails of his scarlet tunic and started to move my hands in slow even smooth circles on Andy’s buttocks. “Feeling good and going deeper, Andy,” I said to him, in smooth and soothing tones. “Going deeper and relaxing more with each circle of my hands on your ass, Andy.”

“Corporal???” He asked, puzzled. Moments later his entire body when limp as my hands completed a few circles on his ass. “Yes, Corporal. Going deeper, Corporal.” He muttered contentedly. “Feels so nice, so good.”

I massaged his buttocks for a few more minutes and then counted him back out. Slowly he opened his eyes, and carefully rolled over to look up at me.

“WOW!” He said, and then took notice of his position. “I’ve never met a Corporal like YOU before. Wish I’d had one back in my cadet days. It would have made learning the ropes a lot more fun.” He grinned at me and slowly got up.

“Glad you liked it,” I said to him. “I think that’s all for tonight though.”

“Why? It’s early yet,” Andrew complained. He glanced at the wall clock.. “It’s not even 11 PM. Surely we can do a bit more, can’t we? Hypnosis, I mean,” he added hastily.

“I think not,” I said quietly. “It’s best not to go at this too fast. We’ve got lots of time, and there will be other nights, I’m sure.”

“What’s wrong with having a little harmless fun while we have the chance, Paul?” Andrew asked in confusion.

I looked at Andrew as he stood there in front of me waiting for an answer and I realized that I didn’t have an answer for him, at least not one that I really wanted to tell him. How could I tell him that I was lonely, and had been for many long months since Bert Pope and I had gone our separate ways? How could I possibly make him understand how badly I wanted to hold a man in my arms, again? Was there any way he could begin to even dimly comprehend how tired I was of waiting and of searching to find the right man to share my life with? I was in lust, pure and simple. I lusted after Andrew and his fantastic body. I felt a yearning, almost a demand, to have Andrew hold me in his arms. I knew I wasn’t in love with him. Maybe in time I might come to love him, but right now all I could think about was how wonderful it would be to have him hold me, and to feel safe and secure in those strong arms of his. I could feel myself starting to flounder in a swimming pool of emotions. This wasn’t like me, though. I didn’t normally lose control of my feelings like this. I was always the one in control, and now I felt out of control. I looked up at him silently. He looked down at me in puzzlement. Neither of us said a word. We just stared at each other in silence.

Once again, as I had so many times in the past few months, I got hold of myself. I swallowed a few times, and spoke. “I’m trying to control my raging lust for you, Andy. You are a fantastic looking man, and right now all I want is to have you hold me in your arms.” Sometimes all you can do is to tell the truth, (well some of it anyway,) and see what happens.

“So you think that if we do any more hypnosis tonight, that something serious will happen?” Andrew asked me.

“Yes, I do,” I answered him. “I think that I might try to take advantage of you. I’d rather not tempt myself with the possibilities.”

Andrew looked at me and shook his head slowly and sadly before he spoke, in those wonderful honey smooth tenor tones of his. “As much as I am enjoying this hypnosis with you, Paul, rest assured that nothing serious is gong to happen tonight. I’m not interested in a one night stand, and I’m not easy.” He smiled at me to take the sting out of his words as he continued. “Besides, I’m sure I could hold you off, if I had to.”

“I’m sure you could,” I agreed, with a faint smile. “You’ve certainly got the build for it. Listen I could really use a cup of tea right now. Would you mind waiting while I go and make it?”

“Go ahead,” Andrew replied, grinning wolfishly. “I’ll wait. For you, I’ll wait forever.” He chuckled.

I smiled back at him and hurried through the swinging door the kitchen. Once there I stumbled towards the nearest chair and sat down in it. I tried to get hold of myself, as I felt my smile crack and my control collapse. What cruel twist of fate had caused Andy to use the exact same phrase that Bert had always said to me? “For you I’ll wait forever.” How I hated to hear those words. They were like a long dull knife twisting into my soul and scraping away at my heart. Andy could not possibly have known how much that innocent remark hurt me. I had cried myself to sleep for weeks after Bert walked out of my life, and I’d thought I was finally finished, but those few words had proved me wrong. I might be able to stop thinking of Bert, but now the floodgates had opened again. The hurt and pain that I had kept hidden inside was breaking out now, and it could not be denied. It had to be washed way with the bitter sting of tears. It was all I could do not to cry out loud. I just tried to control my sobbing as much as possible, and to keep reminding myself that I HAD to pull myself together. Andrew was out there waiting for me. I kept my eyes tightly shut and absently noticed that the tears were starting to roll down my cheeks in a steady stream.

How long is a minute? Someone once told me that how long a minute is, depends on which side of the bathroom door you are on. I opened my eyes and looked down at the kitchen table to discover that there was a small puddle of water on it. I had not realized that I’d been crying so much or so long. I blinked my eyes a few times to clear them as I suddenly remembered Andrew. I hoped he wasn’t annoyed with me at keeping him waiting. I looked up and got the shock of my life!

Andrew was kneeling down beside me, looking up at my face! I did not have any idea how long he had been there nor how much he had seen. I hadn’t heard him come in, I’d been so upset. My face burned crimson. I felt exposed, open and vulnerable. As Andy continued to look up at me in silence, I felt naked before him. I’d broken down and blubbered like a baby in front of this man, whom I hardly even knew. What must he think of me? Weak. Feminine. Not able to control myself. A real wimp, yup that’s me all right. I blushed all the more, and thought my face would catch fire it was so hot. I looked at Andy kneeling there and I wanted to say something. I wanted to try and explain to him, but my tongue was stuck in my mouth. The words would not come. Oh, how I wished he would just say something, anything and then just leave in disgust. It was far worse sitting here and waiting for those harsh words to come spilling out of that sexy mouth of his. Even now, as distraught and discombobulated as I was, I couldn’t help but notice just how good looking and sexy Andy was.

I couldn’t stand it. I turned away from him and silently started crying anew. This time though, I was crying at my loss of control and for having spoiled Andy’s evening. The tears were slow in coming, but they did come. I closed my eyes tightly and hoped to hear the sound of the front door closing as Andy left.

A big strong warm hand cupped my chin, softly. I opened my eyes slowly as Andy pulled my face around to look at his.. I blinked several times to get the last of the tears out of my eyes and sniffled a couple of times. I looked at his lovely, wonderful face again, and my lips trembled. “I must look like some sad little puppy, whose been lost in the rain,” I thought to myself. “Dear God, no! Please not his pity! Anything but that! I can’t stand the thought of him feeling sorry for me!” I shrieked silently inside my head. Isn’t it strange how in the midst of such deep sorrow, pride can still come to the surface?

“Who did this to you?” He asked softly. “Whatever could he have done to you that hurt you so badly? Why did you run away and hide? Please, tell me. Maybe I can help. Or is it something I did?”

Oh God, how I wanted to! I ached to throw myself into his arms, and explain it all to him. I struggled to maintain my control. All I could do was to gently shake my head from side to side in a silent ‘no’.

“I thought you trusted me, Paul,” he said calmly in a near whisper. “I trusted you and I still do. I can be your friend, and I want to be your friend, but friends trust each other. I’ve got all the time in the world. How about I make you that cup of tea while you pull yourself together?”

I slowly nodded a ‘yes’. Andrew stood up and busied himself with making two cups of tea while I dried my face, and tried to calm down. It was rather soothing to see him walking about getting things ready. I suspected that he knew that I enjoyed looking at him, and thought that a little more gawking at him would do me some good. He was right. By the time the tea arrived, I was able to talk, and after a couple of sips of tea I felt strong enough to tell him some of the story.

“I broke up with a man named Bert several weeks ago, and he always used to use that phrase ‘for you I’ll wait forever’, whenever I asked him to wait for me,” I said to Andrew. “When you said it just now, it brought back some painful, and unpleasant memories. Look, I’m sorry for the show I put on just now. I’m not normally like that.” It was a lame explanation, and Andrew knew it. He merely cocked one eyebrow at me and waited.

“I see,” he said and sipped his tea quietly. Unspoken was the request to continue.

“That’s really all there is to it,” I lied to him.

“When you want to tell me the rest, I’m ready to listen,” Andrew replied, soothingly. “Somehow, I don’t think that my uttering a few words could result in such a strong reaction in you. There’s more, I’m sure. Might I ask you a question?”

“Okay, I guess so,” I replied hesitantly.

“Are you concerned that because you are on the ‘rebound’ from this Bert, that you might overreact to me?” He asked. “Is that why you are so hesitant about doing any more hypnosis? Bert was one of your other subjects, wasn’t he? I’d guess that he looked a bit like me, too, right?”

“That’s four questions,. Andy,” I said to him and smiled weakly. I was amazed that I could smile. “You’re right though. I am concerned because I’m on the rebound as you put it. Bert was a hypnosis subject of mine, but he did not look anything like you do.” I choked on the last few words as I said them.

“I see,” he answered and smiled back at me. “Feeling a bit better?”

“Yes, a bit,” I answered.

“Good,” he said. “Tell me the rest, or as much as you can, please. I want to be sure that I don’t do anything else to upset you like this again.”

The man was good, I had to admit that. He must have had some therapy counseling, because he sure knew how to get people to open up to him. Once he had me admitting to him that he wasn’t at fault for tonight’s performance, it did not take long for him to get me to tell him most of the story of my breakup with Bert. I blushed in embarrassment as I admitted to Andy that the breakup had happened several months ago, and not several weeks as I’d originally told him. Andy merely smiled at my confession of lying to him, and urged me to continue with the story.

It turned out that Bert did not want our relationship to move from hypnosis into something more physical, with less hypnosis involved. In fact Bert refused to become physical at all. He would not even undress to the point of taking of his shirt. All that Bert wanted was to have long and wonderful hypnosis sessions with me, but without any physical contact other than hands on clothes. I wanted more. I was sure I was in love with him and wanted the relationship to develop. Bert did not feel the same way. When I started to push the subject of our relationship and where it was going, he dogged it at first but after a few months he finally came out and told me the truth. He was interested in me only for my hypnotic abilities. He liked me, but he wasn’t really attracted to me ‘in that way’, as he put it. Since Bert was not immune to my super hypnosis powers, I could have taken my revenge on him, if I’d been inclined to. I’m not a mean or petty person, so I didn’t. Besides, it was partly my fault. I’d read too much into the relationship, and expected too much from him. I’d confirmed those facts the hard way, by forcing Bert to tell me the truth. I think that was why it hurt so much, I’d been fooling myself and seeing only what I wanted to see.

Of course I didn’t mention anything about my powers to Andy, and since they didn’t seem to work on him, he’d probably not have believed me anyway. Still, it was safer not to say anything.

Andrew listened during my monologue with undivided attention. There were a few times when I choked up and had to take a sip of tea to continue, but he didn’t say anything. He waited quietly and smiled encouragement at me, when I paused. I had not realized until then how much I needed to talk to someone about this. It wasn’t something that I could discuss with just anyone, which is one of the main drawbacks about staying in the closet. With Andrew though, it felt right somehow. I didn’t offer any details about Bert’s hypnosis session with me, and Andrew didn’t ask for any details. It seemed he wasn’t the prying kind. I finally finished my cup of tea, and sat back in my chair to wait for the verdict. Verdict was the correct word, too. Andrew was judging me on all this. I wasn’t sure what he would make of it all.

“That’s what I get for leading with my heart all the time. I guess it was bound to get bruised once in a while. You’d think I’d learn after all these times, come to expect it even and not get so upset when it does happen,” I said to him in a lame excuse for my actions.

He sat back in his chair and stroked his tie absent-mindedly. He looked at me and smiled again. I smiled back at him since I couldn’t think of anything else to do.

“That’s quite a story,” he said. “From what Jack and Steven have told me about you, and your relationships with them, I can see how you could be hurt by all this. You appear to be as kind and compassionate as they said you were. I believe your story Paul. I don’t understand, though, how it relates to me..”

“I want more than just hypnosis with you, Andy,” I said in a rush before I could change my mind and keep silent. “I want the physical contact with you that I couldn’t have with Bert. Your body is very attractive to me, and I want to spend endless hours running my fingers over your skin and bringing you to countless climaxes. Even just lying next to you in front of the fireplace, snuggled next to you, would be a thrill. Whatever we both agree to, in and out of hypnosis.”

“But,” I continued after a quick breath. “I’m not sure of what it is that I feel for you. I don’t know...hell! I’m afraid that you’ll reject me too, now that you know what I want.”

“So that’s it,” Andrew said as he nodded thoughtfully. “That’s a lot to take in all at once. I can’t fault you for being honest.” He leaned over and brushed my cheek with his right hand. A sudden and profound thrill coursed through my body. Hell, I’d done it again! I was falling head over heels for a good looking guy in a uniform! Some people just never learn, and it seems as if I’m one of them.

“You’re wrong, you know,” Andrew said to me softly, as he gently stroked my cheek. “You’ve got to keep leading with your heart, if you ever want to find that special someone you’re looking for. You amaze me, Paul. There is a sweetness and kindness about you that comes through loud and clear, despite all that you’ve gone through. Your heart might be dented, as you said, but it seems like a pretty strong and courageous heart to me. You seem honest and straightforward, about what you want and how you feel. I find that refreshing and different.” Andrew look a deep breath and let it out in a long sigh, as he paused to think for a moment. “I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone quite like you. You’re very special, and I’m glad, no happy, to have met you tonight.” Andrew actually beamed at me as he smiled. I hoped that he meant what he said, and for now I was willing to take him at face value. I felt a lot better, and I smiled back at him in silent thanks.

He stood up in front of me, and suddenly frowned at me. I went ice cold. “You’re forgetting one very important fact though, Paul.” He stated coldly.

“What’s that?” I asked timidly. “What could I have said or done tonight to make him suddenly turn a cold shoulder to me like this?” I wondered to myself.

“I’m not Bert,” he said as he slipped off his uniform jacket and hung it up on the back of his chair. I watched flabbergasted, as he slowly undid his tie and removed it, too. My jaw dropped when he pulled down his suspenders and started to unbutton his uniform shirt. I watched with baited breath as his slowly undid each button one at a time, starting with the collar button and working his way down his front to the top of his pants.. I would eagerly have jumped up and helped him with it, but I was loath to break this magical spell that seemed to have be cast tonight. His shirt hung there open at the front as he attacked the buttons of his shirt sleeves. They didn’t take long to deal with. I was somewhat disappointed to see that he was wearing an undershirt, but that disappointment quickly faded from my mind as he began to tug at his uniform shirt to remove it from within his pants.

He didn’t just yank his shirt out. He pulled a little bit here and a little bit there, while slowly turning around to give me a view of his back as well as his front. Those uniform pants were somewhat loose (they were riding pants after all), but they did cling around his buttock enough to give a hit of what Andrew’s butt might be like. Eventually, though he got the shirt pulled out and it soon joined his tie on the kitchen chair. His white cotton undershirt he didn’t waste any time on. Andrew pulled at it savagely, and yanked it out from his pants. He slipped the undershirt off quickly and tossed it on the kitchen table. He left his suspenders hanging there from his pants, looked at me, smiled and slowly turned around a couple of times.

My eyes bulged out of my head as I got a good long look at his upper body. His chest! It was everything I’d hoped for and more. He had huge rippling muscles everywhere! I knew that he had to be working out in a gym regularly to have a build like that! His chest tapered down gradually to a flat stomach with rock hard abdominal muscles. The rippled effect of the muscles on his stomach reminded me of the old washing boards that were used to wash clothes with before the invention of washing machines. Now I knew what the term ‘washboard stomach’ meant. (By the way just because I know what a washing board is, doesn’t mean I’m THAT old. I just happen to know a little history. For those of you who do not know what a ‘washboard stomach is, the current term is ‘six-pack abs’.) His skin was smooth and clear, where it wasn’t covered with a dark mass of hair. The hair on his chest and stomach wasn’t thick like a mat or was it sparse, it was just sprinkled around liberally. It was roughly in the shape of a tree with the leaves and branches being on his upper chest and pectoral muscles, and the trunk of the tree going down the center of his abdomen and stomach. The ‘tree’ probably continued past his waist with the ‘roots’ of the tree firmly covering his genitalia. Since I didn’t have X-ray vision I couldn’t be sure of that, but it was a most pleasant thought.

His shoulders were massive, and as heavily muscled as his chest and stomach. My gaze traveled down his left shoulder to his left arm and kept on going right down to the fingers of his hand. I switched my gaze over to his right arm, and delight lit up my face as I discovered it was a perfect match for his left arm, hand and fingers. What beautiful and strong arms he had! I would not minded trying to resist arrest, if he were the arresting officer! A small sigh escaped my lips as I directed my attention back to his chest and then walked my eyes upward towards his face. His neck was thick and strong, and it was sculpted wonderfully. The progression from his wide shoulders to his sturdy head was as smooth and graceful. God had certainly been showing off when he designed Andrew’s body.

I was struck dumb with amazement. All I could do was sit there and stare at Andrew like some gawking country boy on his first trip into a big city. Andrew was simply the most handsome, no make that beautiful, man that I had seen in a long, long time. He reminded me of Steven Stokes. I liked what I saw (boy is THAT an understatement), but I could not bring myself to approach Andrew. This just HAD to be a dream, and I was certain that if I moved a muscle I’d wake up and it would all be gone.

Andrew looked at me, with that sexy smile on his face and tilted his head at me in puzzlement. He moved towards me. His steps were so fluid and graceful that I swear he must have floated and not walked over to where I was sitting. He paused for a moment as he stood in front of me. All I did was to continue to ogle him, but close up. It was so much more interesting seeing him up close. Reaching out his right hand he took my left hand in his right hand and slowly pulled me to my feet. I couldn’t have resisted even if I’d wanted to. I was still stuck in a state of bewilderment. Slowly he brought my left hand to his lips and tenderly, reverently kissed it, still looking at me with those soft brown doe like eyes of his. I was in awe. I couldn’t think. All I could do was to enjoy the moment and marvel at what had just happened.

Finally, I made a decision. I tossed the dice of fate. Slowly and very carefully I pulled my left hand out and way from Andrew’s lips and held my left hand out in front of Andrew’s face. My right hand was beside my left hand in only a heartbeat. With all the tenderness and care I could muster I reached out to Andrew’s face with my hands and firmly cupped it between them. I pulled that beautiful, handsome and strong head of his down towards me and tilted it slightly. There was no resistance. Andrew yielded as if his hard and firm body had muscles made of water and putty instead of the iron and steel that I knew they were like. I made the moment linger. I made time stand still, as I drew our lips closer and closer together. After a million heartbeats I felt his warm, soft breath on my cheek and then my lips were seared with the heat of that first kiss. It was long, firm, and gentle. More gentle than a mother kissing her child for the first time, but the passion and desire in that first lovely kiss was all too evident. I put every ounce of desire and feeling that I had for Andy into that kiss. He would have had to have been dead for three weeks not to have felt it! His lips were as firmly pressed together as were mine. There wasn’t the slightest hint or suggestion that they would part and that his tongue might lash out against my lips in an attempt to explore new territory.

I don’t know how long we made that kiss last, and it really doesn’t matter, because it felt like a lifetime. (Yeah, right like I’m going to take out a stopwatch and time this event to see how long the first kiss is? Please! I had a few other things on my mind at the time!) It finally ended, the same way that it started. Slowly and tenderly, with each of us taking our time.

I let go of Andrew’s face and then reached down and grabbed his hands, one in each of mine, and brought all our hands together. “Thank you for that,” I said to him, as I looked at him. “It was incredible, as were you” I paused for a moment and then grinned at him as my eyes suddenly twinkled in amusement. “And no, you are definitely NOT Bert.”

“I’m glad you finally noticed that,” he replied with the same twinkle in his eyes. “And now what?” He asked a moment later.

“I’m not sure,” I said as I stumbled over the words. “But I have a couple of ideas.”

“Oh I think I like the sound of that,” Andrew said as he looked at me. “Well, go on then, don’t keep them to yourself, guy.”

“First we even things up,” I said as I wiggled out of my suit jacket. Andrew raised an eyebrow, like Mr. Spock from the old Star Trek television show, as I hung my suit jacket on the back of one of the kitchen chairs and got to work on my tie. I didn’t want to waste what time we had left of this evening. It took me only a few moments to strip down to my waist and pile my clothes on the kitchen chair next to me. I held our my arms from my sides as I twirled around a few times, to let Andrew see all of my exposed chest and stomach.

“I think you look better in the suit,” he said to me. “But then all gifts always look better when they are wrapped up,” he quickly continued as his eyes twinkled and he flashed another sexy smile at me. His expression became softer and more serious when he spoke again a few seconds later and asked. “So what’s next?”

“This,” I said as I reached out and cupped his face in my hands again. His eyes glowed with warmth as I drew his head down and towards mine, a second time. With gentle firmness I pulled his head towards mine, and slowly brought our lips together again. I pressed my lips firmly on Andrew’s. The hard steady pressure of his lips on mine was a sweetness that I had been denied for a long time. I savored every second of it. My hands moved upward and slowly explored every inch of that handsome face before me. My eyes were tightly closed, and so I let my fingers ‘see’ Andrew’s face for me. I brushed his skin lightly with my fingertips and rejoiced in the feel of the strong smooth warm of that sculpted face. I brushed my fingers through the stubble of his hair as my hands moved onward towards the back of his head. When my fingers met at long last, I pulled down strongly on Andrew’s head in a vain attempt to kiss him even harder.

The brush of his fingers on my face was softer than silk, but infinitely more desirable. A wave of heat flooded over me, as every exposed inch of my skin suddenly seemed to be on fire. I never imagined that such a simple touch could have such a profound impact. As Andrew started to stroke my cheek with his fingertips, I let my hands and arms slip down around Andrew’s massive chest. Slowly I encircled as much of a magnificent chest as I could and started to hug him. I let the hug melt into a steady embrace as I increased the pressure. I felt the slight nod of his head and soon felt his big strong arms circle around me. A shiver passed through my body, as I felt Andrew slowly start to pull me closer to him, with a gentle yet irresistible force. I was soon snug against that powerful chest of his, with that wonderful chest hair of his firmly trapped between us. Just breathing had now become a sensual experience. To feel my chest pushing against his as I drew a deep breath, and slowly let it out, was in a word, heaven. From the long slow deep breaths that he was taking, it was clear that Andrew felt the same, or maybe even better. All too soon, though, we had to release each other and slowly back away. We were both becoming slightly lightheaded and dizzy from all the heavy breathing. Well, I was at any rate. Andrew had better breath control I guess. I looked at Andrew as he stood before me and I smiled at him. It was a soft tender smile that barely touched my lips, but it caused my entire face to melt into an expression of tenderness, joy and satisfaction. The words didn’t really begin to describe how I feel, but they were the best that I could come up with.

I let my arms dangle from my sides as I gazed at Andrew as he stood before me. His soft brown doe like eyes glowed with joy and pleasure. The smile he wore was radiant with joy. His body was flushed and even more sexy than before. I was enthralled at the sight of him so much so that I couldn’t speak. All I could do was smile at him like some love struck idiot, which probably was not too far from the truth.

“Wow,” he whispered. “How can we top that?” he asked breathlessly.

“Well,” I said to him quietly. “I think we should go back out to the living room, lie down in front of the fire and hold each other close, kiss a few more times, and do a lot of talking. I think we have a lot to talk about.”

“Sounds good to me,’ he agreed, and then paused. “You do know, I hope, that the rest of my uniform and yours is going to stay where it is for the rest of the night, right?”

“Yes, " I said quietly. “I want that too.”

“Why?” He suddenly asked me with a slight concerned look on his face. “Why is that what you want as well?”

I swallowed, and then decided that since he’d already seen me expose so much of myself tonight, a little bit more probably wouldn’t make much difference. I looked down at my foot for a minute as I composed my thoughts. “Gee, I need to polish these things,” came the unbidden thought into my head. I quickly banished it and got back to business.

“Andrew,” I said to him, as I looked him right in the eye. He was slightly surprised to hear me use his full name since I’d been calling him ‘Andy’ all night. “I can sum it up in one simple word. AIDS.” There was nothing more to say, so I closed my mouth and just looked at him. Silently I prayed that I had not been too blunt and too honest.

He looked at me, and then nodded at me in an unspoken request to continue with my explanation.

“I am HIV negative, Andrew and I want to stay that way,” I said forcefully. “Until the blood tests come back and they show both of us to be HIV negative, we won’t be exchanging ANY bodily fluids. Not even when we kiss. I know that I am HIV negative, but I owe it to you to proved that statement is true. I think you owe the same to me. It’s not very romantic, I know, but I felt that you should know.”

Silence filled the room as I stood there looking at Andrew while he thought about my little speech. I’d picked the prefect way to put the kibosh on the evening. I’d brought up the one subject that makes any gay man uncomfortable. AIDS. His face was unreadable. I had no idea what he might be thinking. Was he upset? Angry? Annoyed? Was I stupid to have been so blunt and direct?

“Perfect,” he whispered just loud enough for me to hear him. He stood there looking at me, but he did not move any closer to me. I was to say the least, surprised, but puzzled would have been a more accurate word.

“Did I say something wrong?” I asked him. “Do you want to leave now?”

He suddenly shook his head at me, and then smiled briefly. “It’s nothing. Let’s go snuggle in front of the fire. I like that idea,” he said to me as he held out his arm for me to grab. Eagerly, I accepted the proffered arm, and he escorted me into the living room.

We arrived before the fireplace and he sat down with his back against the sofa as I stood there and watched him. The fire had burned down, I’d noticed so I swatted down in front of it to add a few logs and move the other logs around with the poker. I felt a gentle pat on my behind as I swatted there tending the fire.

“Nice assets you’ve got,” Andrew said as he patted my ass a few more times. I turned my head to watch him lean back against the sofa as he made himself comfortable, and grinned at me, laughingly. I finished with the fire and sat down beside Andrew with my back against the sofa.

“So I guess it is true after all,” I said to him with a straight face, and then kissed him on the lips quickly.

“What’s true?” He asked, looked a little wary.

“That old saying that the Mounties always get their man,” I chuckled at him. “You’ve got me, at least for tonight, and I couldn’t be happier.”

“Oh, that’s bad, very bad,” he groaned out loud at my pun, and shook his head slightly. I slowly snaked my arms around Andrew’ torso and drew him close to me, as I planted another long, soft, sweet kiss on his lips and hugged him firmly. It was an effective way to silence any further protests at my joke. He hugged back.

We lay there in front of the fire, and we held each other and talked, with kisses sprinkled throughout the conversation whenever either of us felt they were needed. I was thrilled at finally being this close to Andrew and having the opportunity to feel those muscles, and to explore the surface and texture of his skin. His face and body were all the more enticing by firelight. Anyone who tells you that lying in front of a fireplace with a fire burning in it, is not a romantic experience, has never tried it. The fire burned low again, but I wasn’t in the mood to attend to it. As I lay there with my head on Andrew’s chest listening to the beat of his heart I noticed that his arms were not holding me exactly. It was more as if they were draped across his body and I just happened to be there. I thought about it a bit more, and came to the realization that there was a slight detachment, a slight distance between us. At first I thought it was my imagination, but with each kiss, the feeling got stronger. Andrew was holding back.

“What’s wrong, love?” I inquired.

“Oh, nothing,” he answered absently. “I’ve just been thinking.”

“Andy, there is something wrong,” I insisted. “I’ve been running my hands all over you for the last little while, and you’ve barely done more than kiss me and hug me once or twice. Don’t you like me, or is there something on your mind?”

“Yeah, I was wondering about what you said earlier,” he responded. “Did you mean what you said about blood tests and waiting? I don’t want to push this too fast.”

“Yes, I did.” I answered him. “Nothing more than cuddling tonight, I’m afraid.” If I hadn’t had my ear to his chest I would not have hear his heart skip a beat, and then start to pound. There was a sharp intake of breath as he spoke again.

“That’s good. So you subscribe to safe sex?” He asked.

“Of course,” I answered again. “Unless you’re the oldest virgin in Canada, it’s best to wait until we have blood tests before we get serious. I’m not, by the way,” I said with a chuckle.

“I’m sure you’re not,” he said and relaxed a bit. He pulled his arms closer to me and kissed the top of my head. I sighed with pleasure.

“I’m sure you are,” I joked.

Andrew’s chest heaved suddenly, and his heart started to race. I bolted upright and spun my head around to look at him. There wasn’t much light from the fire, but even so I could see that his face had gone pale. His eyes were wide with sudden and unexpected fear. He wasn’t shaking but his entire body was very tense.

“What is it, Andy? What’s the matter?” I asked surprised.

“Who? Who told you?” He said between gulps. “How did you know?”

“Know? Know what? What are you talking about, Andy?” I asked him worriedly, and with more than a hint of puzzlement in my voice. “Somebody call Rod Sterling, ‘cause we’ve just entered into the Twilight Zone, and we need help over here,” I thought to myself.

“That.... that.....,” Andrew stuttered. He was so upset that he couldn’t seem to talk. He merely looked at me, and his lips moved as he tried to say something. I watched in amazement as he suddenly blushed bright red. Seconds later his face became pale again. I did not understand what was happening, but whatever it was, he was extremely upset.

“Purple fuzzy bunny slippers,” I said in a clear strong voice. Andrew looked at me and slowly the post hypnotic suggestion took effect. I watched as his eyes fluttered a bit and slowly closed. A few heartbeats later his head dropped to his chest. Slowly the tension left his body, and his breathing slowed until it was deep and steady. Considering his extreme state of near panic, I was not at all surprised that he returned to his hypnotic trance. Escaping into this safe place in his mind was certainly a better alternative to facing whatever it was that had gotten him so upset. However, I could not leave him like this all night, as much as that idea might appeal to my libido.

“Feeling good, and going even deeper, aren’t you Andy?” I asked him.

“Yes, corporal.” He replied.

“Fine. Just keep going deeper,” I said to him. He nodded his head in agreement.

“I have to be leaving very soon, now, corporal,” he said suddenly.

“Why?” I asked him, surprised at his statement “Don’t you enjoy being with me?”

“Yes, I like being with you, corporal, but I really must go, now, corporal,” he insisted.

“Andy, I don’t want you to go, but if you feel that you must, then you must,” I said to him. “I wish you would tell me what it is that I did to upset you so much. Whatever it was, I’m sorry.” I knew that I couldn’t stop him, if he wanted to leave. I also knew that I couldn’t force him to tell me what the problem was.

Andrew didn’t move. He sat there, nodding his head, and did not make the slightest effort to leave. “Aren’t you going to leave, Andy?” I asked him after waiting for a minute or two?

“I don’t want to go. I want to stay, corporal,” he said very quietly.

Now I was really confused. “I’m sorry Andy, but I don’t understand,” I said to him. “You say that you have to leave, but also that you don’t want to leave. Which is it?”

“Both, corporal,” he replied

“Okay, we’ve just hit a new high on the confusion meter,” I thought to myself. This was getting us no where fast I sat back and looked at the glowing coals in the fireplace. Looking at Andrew would have been a lot more fun, but would not have helped me to work through this problem. I took a few deep calming breaths, and did my best to replay what had happened just before Andrew had started to panic. I moved next to the fireplace and carefully placed a few new logs onto the glowing red hot coals. It took only a few deep breaths to coax the flames back to life. I felt a small sense of satisfaction as I watched the flames grow stronger and start to lick their way around the new logs. The light from the reborn flames started to fill the room and I let the heat caress my face as I sat back and thought. I thought about what we had been talking about, and what I had said, and slowly a possibility came to mind. It didn’t seem very likely, but it was all that I could come up with. The problem was how to ask the question without causing Andrew more problems. Another oddity came to mind and I decided to deal with this minor issue first.

“Andy, why do you keep addressing me as ‘corporal’?” I asked him.

“A constable’s immediate superior is a corporal, sir,” he replied. “When you help me go into this wonderful special place, I want you to be my superior. It feels so good to let go and let you make all the decisions.”

“I’m flattered, Andy,” I said. I was surprised and flattered, and a bit turned on too. I blushed. Thank goodness Andrew’s eyes were closed or I’d have had to explain that to him. “I am pleased that you trust me when you are hypnotized, that you want me to be your superior. It is a shame though, that you don’t trust me enough to tell me what the problem is.”

“Sir?” He asked puzzled.

“Constable,” I replied sternly. “I said, or did something a few minutes ago that got you a bit upset. So upset in fact, that I felt it necessary to bring you back into your hypnotic trance, as you are now, so that you could calm down and maybe explain to me what the problem is. You couldn’t or wouldn’t tell me what it was then, and you also felt it necessary to leave here, rather than to tell me. If you still want to leave, then go ahead.”

“Corporal, I want to stay, but I don’t know if it would be right to tell you, sir,” Andrew replied with difficulty. He slowly lifted his head, opened his eyes and looked at me. Those beautiful brown doe like eyes of his were brimming with tears. He wasn’t crying or sobbing, though. I watched, fascinated as one tear escaped from his right eye and slowly slid down his face. He didn’t look upset. He looked sad. Just that. Sad, and nothing more.

Without thinking about it, I followed my heart. I hurried over to him and gently pulled Andrew towards me. I held him as close to me as I could and started to stroke his hair with my left hand, and hugging him tightly with my right arm. “Shh, it’s okay,” I muttered to him, as his chest heaved and he started to slob softly. “You don’t have to tell me anything that you don’t want to. I won’t think any less of you. We all have our secrets, love, and you are entitled to keep yours. I’m sorry I pushed you about this. Can you forgive me?” With Andrew holding me tightly, I started to rock gently back and forth as I told him how sorry I was about pushing him to tell me. Slowly his sobs stopped and he squeezed me tightly once or twice as I kept rocking back and forth.

“Promise me, that you won’t laugh, and that you won’t think me a disappointment, and I’ll tell you, sir,” Andrew finally muttered in my ear. I stopped my rocking and slowly pushed him back from me, just enough so that I could see his face once more. The tear streaks on his cheeks were wrenching at my heart. I knew he was in pain for some reason, and the knowledge that I was part of the cause of that pain caused my vision to blur. Yes, tears were starting to well up in my eyes too. I took his face in my hands. I slowly turned it so that we were looking each other in the eyes.

“Tell me only if you are sure you want me to know, Andy,” I said to him. “You do not owe me any explanations. I don’t know what this is all about, but it is a big deal to you. Only if you are sure, should you tell me, Andy.” I braced myself for the bad news. I had a sneaking suspicion about what it was. Andrew was probably already involved with someone else, or he was married to a woman. Either one would be just my luck, and would break my heart. I did my best not to think any more about that, but I couldn’t deny it any longer. I was starting to fall in love with Andrew. I’d never really believed in love at first sight, but it looked like I had a really bad case on my hands. Somewhere the rational part of my brain told me that I was merely on the rebound and over reacting. It was probably right, but that didn’t change how I felt.

Andrew looked at me for a few more seconds, but it seemed more like minutes. The expression on his face, and in his eyes reminded me of a sad little innocent helpless puppy. I’m sure you know the type. The little puppy with the big soulful eyes that tugs at your heart strings, and looks to you with innocent trust. Some grain of wisdom told me to keep my big mouth shut and wait for Andrew to talk.

“How did you know that....that....that I’m inexperienced?” He finally blurted out. The words sounded as if they were being torn from within him. Each syllable dripped with pain. It was my turn to be shocked into silence. I understood what he was saying, what he was implying but it didn’t seem real. I couldn’t seem to really comprehend more than a fraction of it. The idea was almost bizarre. Andrew, a virgin? Unknowing about the intimacies of gay sex? This hot stud sitting here beside me? It was all too unreal. I had to get used to the idea slowly. I looked at that handsome rugged and sexy face before me and upon it I saw innocence, doubt, fear and a silent desperate pleading for understanding. Gone was the strong sexy face that I’d come to admire all evening. Before me was a the faced of an innocent. A true innocent.

I pulled Andrew’s unresisting body back towards me and wrapped both arms around him tightly. “Oh dear Lord, I’m sorry, Andy!” I cried out as I clung to him. “I didn’t know, Andy.” I said to him in smooth soothing tones. “Really, I didn’t. I was only trying to make a joke. I’m so very sorry.” That’s all I could do, keep saying I was sorry as I held him close, and rocked back and forth gently. I cried. I sobbed. I shuddered and throughout it all I kept tell Andrew how sorry I was. I meant every word. I only hoped that he believed me.

Ten minutes? Twenty minutes? I don’t know how long it was, but finally I stopped talking and crying, but I still clung to Andrew and rocked back and forth with him. I was disinclined to stop. I didn’t want to have to face him leaving. There could be no other possible outcome, not after what had just happened. A thoughtless comment of mine had ripped into Andrew’s soul and caused unimagined pain and suffering for him. I’d be surprised if he didn’t spit on me, as he left. I’d be very lucky if he didn’t beat the shit out of me when I brought him back out.

Finally we detached ourselves from one another and sat back looking at each other. “Deeper Andy, " I whispered to him as I reached out and touched his forehead. Andrew’s torso sagged, and slowly his breathing became deep, and regular. I waited a few minutes longer to be sure that he was relaxed and at peace before I brought him out of his hypnotic trance. His eyes opened and he blinked a few times as he focused on my face. He didn’t say anything. He merely looked at me quietly, with a somewhat blank and empty expression. I didn’t know what to make of it.

“I’m so very sorry, Andy,” I whispered to him. I slowly reached out my right hand and took his left hand in mine. He didn’t flinch or jerk his hand away, and I was thankful for that. I covered his hand with both of mine. “I don’t know what else to say, other than to beg your forgiveness,” I continued. “Honestly, I didn’t know.”

“I wish you could have left me in hypnosis a while longer,” Andrew said, in a small voice. “It was so nice back there. But, I guess we have to face this. I’m not what you expected or wanted, and I can see by the look on your face that you are disappointed in me. A big strong RCMP constable, who is in reality less of a man and more of a coward than you could ever be. Too afraid to take that final step.” Andrew shuddered as he spoke the last word and looked away from me. He paused for a moment , and continued speaking. “It’s okay. I understand. Give me a minute to pull myself together and I’ll be leaving.....corporal.”

“What a crock of bull!” I exclaimed.

Andrew snapped his head back , and looked at me with an expression of shock frozen on his face. Well, at least I had his attention now. “I can’t believe that you could be so thick headed and addle minded!” I continued, but in a softer and kinder voice. “Who ever said that we were going to get serious tonight, or even anytime in the future? I thought we agreed earlier that nothing was going to happen. When did this change?”

Andrew looked at me confused and a bit hurt. “I...uh....I guess it didn’t.” He answered after a few seconds thought. “But I thought that once you knew about my inadequacy, that you’d be a bit disappointed. And you were. I could tell by the expression on your face.”

“Yes, I am disappointed,” I said to him. “But not in the way that you think. I am disappointed in you, that you would sell yourself short like this. Being a virgin is not a shortcoming. All it means that you haven’t found the right man yet. Give yourself time. You will know when the time is right.” I paused for a few seconds to let that sink in. “I’m more disappointed in myself, though. I caused you unwarranted and unnecessary pain tonight by insisting that you reveal a secret that you really didn’t want to tell me. Painful situations like this are the types of things that I try to avoid, and I didn’t do a very good job tonight. I am sorry for that, Andy.”

Andrew looked at me and thought about what I had just said. “So where does this leave us then?” He finally asked, but in a voice that was much stronger, than before. “What happens now?”

“I don’t see that much has really changed,” I answered, and smiled at him. “This is still our first date, and I’d be happy to snuggle with you in front of the fire for a few hours more. We can talk and start to get to know each other a little bit. You can leave when it gets late.”

“One step at a time, you mean?” Andrew asked, and that sexy smile of his finally returned to his face.

“Exactly. Now I don’t know about you but I’m starting to get a bit chilled. Care to share some body warmth?” I asked with a lopsided grin.

“Sure,” Andrew replied and moved over next to me. He kissed me on the lips and whispered a soft ‘thank you’ in my ear as he got comfortable next to me. It took only a few minutes before we were back together, and I was lost in that wonderful word of those big strong arms of his.

We passed the remainder of the evening like that, holding each other close and talking. There were a couple more session of hypnosis for Andrew, but all that happened was some sweet wonderful caressing of his chest and stomach. (Three guesses who got to do that, and the first two don’t count.) Andrew became very stimulated, as did I, but we kept control of ourselves. There were many more long sweet slow kisses enjoyed that night. I discovered that Andrew was a kind, sweet and gentle man, with a profound depth to his soul that I had not expected. He wasn’t vain or full of himself. He was compassionate, caring, and considerate. He didn’t lie and say that he was falling in love with me, but he say that he thought we had a good beginning. When I asked him ‘a beginning to what’, he said he didn’t know, but that he hoped we would both find out given time. It was an honest answer, and for me it was enough.

Finally though, Andrew left my apartment at about 2:30 AM, and headed home. It was a successful first date, for the most part. I knew that we still had many things to talk about, and some issues to resolve, but give us time. We had each broken down in front of the other person, and not been repulsed. I wasn’t sure exactly what that meant, but I took it as a positive sign. It was much too late for any more thinking though, so I headed off to bed after being sure that the fire was completely out. My last thoughts as I lay in my bed waiting for sleep to wash over me was that before he had left, Andrew had promised to call me in a day or two to set up a time for another date. I hoped he would keep his word.